Liste des magazines disponibles sur AMIGALAND.COM
The Amiga uses a custom disk format that lets it store more on a disk than any other mainstream computer. Low-density floppies, which store 720K or 800K respectively on a PC or Macintosh, hold 880K of data on the Amiga. I ligh-density floppies, limited to 1.44MB on the PC and Mac, store 1. 76MB when formatted on the Amiga. Because of these vaiying storage capacities, floppies created on one platform cannot automatically be read on another. Macintoshes, however, can read PC disks by using Apple File Exchange, and Pcs can read high-density Mac disks using commercial utilities such as Mac-in-DOS. Starting with Release 2.1, the Amiga operating system was bundled with a utility called CrossDOS that allows Amigas to read and write MS-DOS floppies. And with a little extra knowledge, you can use CrossDOS to do more than just read PC disks. Setup Setting up CrossDOS is easy. First, you need to drag the PCO: icon into the Devs DOS- Dri vers drawer on your boot disk. (If'your system has a hard drive, you’ll find it in the Storage DC )SDrivers drawer; if you’re running a floppy-based system, it’s in the DOSDrivers directoiv on the Storage disk.) CrossD( )S will now be active on DEO: whenever you boot your system. If you want to set CrossDOS up to work for a second drive, use the Workbench Icons Copy function to create a duplicate of die PCO: icon. Rename it to PCI: (or PC2: if you’re setting it up for DF2:), click on it once, and select Information from the Workbench Icons menu. Click the UNIT'=0 tool type and change it to UN FI’'= 1 for PC Ior UNIT*2 for PC2:; then click Save. To activate CrossDOS for the first time, von can double-click the PCO: icon or reboot your Amiga. Now vou’ll actually have two devices that refer to your internal floppy drive. When performing operations on Quick Tip The commercial version of CrossDOS, available from Consultron, gives the same capabilities to AmigaDOS 1. 3 and 2.04 users. Unlike the version bundled with 2.1 and 3.0, it also supports reading and writing to nonfloppy MS-DOS devices, such as SyQuest and Bernoulli cartridges. Included free of charge is CrossPC, a slow software- only PC emulator that's handy for running some simple MS-DOS programs. Amiga disks, you'll refer to the drive as DF0:, as usual. When accessing MS-DOS floppies, you’ll refer to the drive as PCO:. Thai’s all there is to it! A standard Amiga floppy drive will read and write to 720K low-density PC! Disks; high-density drives will also read and write 1.44MB floppies. Translations and Differences In the Commodities drawer in your Fools drawer, you’ll find a utility called Cross- DOS. This is used to toggle some of CrossDOS’s special features. You'll see a list of available CrossDOS devices on the left; click the device whose settings you want to O J change. There are two toggle gadgets: Text Filtering and Text Translation. The Amiga and PC! Use slightly different formats for storing ascii text. While the Amiga ends each paragraph with a line feed, the PC uses a carriage-re turn 1 ine-feed combination. With Text Filtering selected, CrossDOS will add carriage-ret urn characters in appropriate places when you save ascii files lo the floppy, and strip them when von load them into the Amiga. I ext Translation is more sophisticated, actually converting the differences between various character sets. The versions of Cross- DOS included with AmigaDOS 2.1 and 3.0 will translate text files that use International and Danish character sets; the version included with AmigaDOS
Click image to download PDF
• The A-Z Amiga FA ¦ ¦
• Head-2-Head: Em mmunications Publication Word Processor for flu- Ainigci for the Amina ROTATING GRAPHICS 100 EPS IMAGES 120 OUTLINE FONTS tinai LopyjL I Release 2 "Readers’ Choice Awa | K3',, Amazing Computing; "Awarryj BesI Software Product”, Amiga Plus "Product of the Year 1993", Amiga MaM ermany). What more can we say Thi M st popular and most used word jA on the Amiga today, it features a 11I&9 fd speller: 1.4 million word thesaurus: autadfl hyphenation: search and replace; tab stoagjfl adjustable margins: word and sentence counts; paragraph sorting; on-screen math; style sheets; drawing tools; impor H cs: master pages; Compugraphio r A NimbusQ outline font suppoj Ht prinfl possible on any Workbend lHKanh JH er or PostScript 1 devico. Final Copy I! Woika eai well on Workbench 1,3, 2.0 andhiWter Allyouna is a minimum of 1 megabyte of RAM mj 2 fl drives. A new low price now makes th:3 top-rated word processor an even better baroam than
P. O. Box 50178 Phoenix, Arizona 85076 ¦ Script is a registered trademark ol Adobe Systems Incorporated BRILLIANCE The FASTEST Paint and Animation for the Amiga New low price Brilliance 2.0 is the Amiga's most powerful paint program and a sophisticated 2D animation system combined into one breakthrough tool. The award-winning creators of DeluxePaint ST, Deluxe PhotoLab and DCTV Paint dedicated over three years to one goal... redefining the state- of-the-art. The result is simply the best graphics tool ever created for any computer. If you're still using DeluxePaint IV, get your hands on Brilliance 2.0, It’s fast... real fust, and it’s got higher resolution, better anim tools, dozens of swap screens*, true 24-bit editing, powerful brush manipulation, and multiple Undo Redo levels (just for starters). Upgrade today to the ultimate paint and animation system. $ 99.95 ? "If you can afford only one paint program for the Amiga, this is the one to buy” - Amiga World ? "If you're looking for the best AG A paint program on the Amiga, look no further” - Amazing Computing ? "The number one paint and animation pmckagefor the Amiga”
- Amiga User International ? "Nothing out there can match it" - Amiga Computing ? "The best art package available for the Amiga - C U Amiga ? "the Amiga's premiere paint package” - Amiga Shopper ? "Excellent!" -Amiga Format LIMITED TIME OFFER Upgrade Any Paint Program to Brilliance 2.0 Upgrade only $ 49.95 Credit Card and COD orders, call today - have your old paint program's manual handy. Overnight delivery available. Call Today 800-645-1164 DIGITAL Works in PAL, international triends call +1 (916) 344-4S25. ’Limited only bv available RAM. Digital Creations is a trademark ot Play Inc. Deluxe Paint is a trademark of Electronic Arts. Shipping and handling extra. C R E A T I O N S ¦MBBM FIRST IMPRESSIONS Down to Ihe wire in the Commodore Derby. The Labor Day weekend has come and gone, which means I’m at my deadline for this column. And while 1 feel we are this close to a settlement of the Commodore liquidation, nothing has been decidied officially on the legal front (see “Overscan," p. 4, for a status report as of press time). So. Reduced to speculation, let me try a "best guess" stab at a likely outcome. If proven wrong by the time von get this issue, 1*1! Gladly wear a facial layer of poultry products at least we'll have some resolution. Since during the past week I received “absolutely confirmed" reports that no less than four different groups had “ollicially" won the Commodore bidding sweepstakes (Philips Amstrad, CEI, Samsung, and Commodore UK), it seems a propitious time for a little guessing and gambling. Having accidentally found myself at the racetrack a few hundred times over the last two decades, let's make the play in horse-racing terms: 50 Win on Commodore UK, 20 Place on CEI, and the rest of the field nowhere. As reported in “Overscan," David Pleasance s "unconditional" bid for the company may be enough to tip the scales in favor of the UK group. Since both he and Alex Amor at CEI intend to resume immediate production of existing Amiga lines (as opposed to other bidders, who do not), this could wind up a good choice all around. The negatives as far as US and Canadian Amiga users are concerned could be that since Pleasance*s first goal is revitalizing the UK market, North American interests would receive only second priority. While that is definitely a legitimate rear, there are two factors that could mitigate the fallout here should Commodore UK win the prize. First, there is no reason on earth why the UK group can’t enter into distribution agreements with North American companies such as CEI, Creative Computers’ or anvone else. In speaking with Pleasance, I found no objection on his part to exploring such possibilities. Second, the timing of the liquidation resolution could play favorably to North American interests. It is no secret that Pleasance would like to see the resumption of mass production and distribution of CD32 A1200 systems in time for the ’94 Holiday season, because those are the machines in demand in the more entertainment-oriented UK market. Such a rapid ramping-up of production on a mass scale will be difficult to pull off in the short run, however, and Pleasance has intimated that it mav be easier and more feasible to first push ahead with the A4000 instead. And since the primary demand for A 1000s is in North America, distribution in the States and Canada would receive high priority. Right on! Amiga World Dale Strang, Publisher Daniel Sullivan. Editor-in-Chief Barbara Gefvert, Senior Editor Tim Walsh, Senior Editor Reviews Ann Record, Assistant Editor Peter Olafson, Carnes Editor Denny Atkin, Paulo de Andradef Joel Hagen, Contributing Editors Howard G. Happ, Art Director Laura Johnson, Assistant Art Director Ann Dillon, Designer Kim Ed holm, Designer Aiana Korda, Manufacturing Manager Michael McGoldrick, Advertising Director Heather Guinard, Sales Representative Advertising; 1-800-441-4403: 1-603-924-0100 FAX: 1-603-924-4066 Giorgio Saluti, Associate Publisher, West Coast Sales 600 Townsend St.. Suite 170 East San Francisco, CA, 94103 1-415-522-2403: FAX: 1-415-522-2409 Wendie Haines Marro, Marketing Director Lisa Jail let. Desktop Publishing Manager Johanna Rivard, Circulation Promotion Manager Debbie Bourgault, Circulation Fulfillment Manager Subscription Sendees: 1-800-827-0877 or 1-815-734-1109 TechMedia Publishing Dale Strang, President Karen Peterson, Business Manager Darlene Sweeney, Administrative Assistant Nancy lallcttc, Senior Credit Analyst Kemco Publishers Services. Newsstand Circulation IDG INTERNATIONAL DATA OktHT While all of this scenario-making may be an exercise in speculation on my part, there is every indication that a successful bid on the part of the UK group would seivc the interests of the entire Amiga community. And if Iyc picked the wrong horse in this race, so be it there’s no reason why another successful contestant can't get us all to the winner’s circle, too, if they follow the right path to the wire. AmigaWorld (ISSN 0883-2390) is an independent journal not connected with Commodore Business Machines. Inc. Amiga If hr d is published monthly bv lech Media Publishing. Inc.. an IDG Company, SO Elm St.. Peterborough, SI I OH-158. US subscription rate is 529.97, one yea r: S3 7.97. chxi years: $ 83.97. three years: Canada. 5-11.97 (mr tides GST), a nil Mexico 538.97. Foreign Surface 5 19.97. Foreign .Airmail 58-1.97. I S' Ittrids dnnvn on L'S hank. Prepayment is required oti .ill foreign subscriptions. All foreign rates are one-year only. Second-class postage
p. ml at Pctedjorough. Ml. And at additional mailing offices, ’hone: 603-92-1-9 00. On-line on BIX: Amiga .World (in Amiga.exchange); CompuServe: 76376,2 37; Porta ; Go Amiga- World. Entire contents copyright 199-1 by lech Media Pnli is iing. Inc. So part o I this publication mas be printed or otherwise reproduced without written permission horn the publisher. Postmaster: Send addtess changes to. AmigaM'tntd. Snhst option Sen ices. PO Box 393. Ml. Morns. II. 6 05-1-7991. .Nationally distributed bv Kab e N'eivs Go. Amignllbdd makes every ellort to ensure the accuracy of articles. Listings, and diagrams published in the magazine. Amiga- Worid assumes no lesjwmsibi ity lor damages due to errors or omissions. PRINTED IS 11 IE USA. Posted under Canadian International Publication agreement 0237478. 2 November 1994 EE ATI RMS Video Toaster Special ToasterMan’s Tips for Mastering the Video Toaster By Sheldon Leemon .. 10 Whether you're a novice or more seasoned user, this tasty assortment of If) lop Toaster lips is geared to increase your V ideo Toaster proficiency and pay dividends on your next video project. On tiie Fast Track By Sheldon Leemon, ...IA Serious d-D animators won't want to miss this hands-on demo of DeskSiaiion Technology's Raptor one seriously mean, not-very-lean machine for boosting Light- Wave rendering operations right through the roof. ARTICLES The Joy of Fax: Amiga Style By Dale Larson if) Everything you need to know to turn your Amiga into a liill-setvice lax setup that's better, cheaper, and more convenient than most dedicated lax machines. Head2Head: A-Max IV vs. Emplant By Denny Atkin ...2!) A blow-by-blow comparison of how the two leading Macintosh emulators for the Amiga stack up 011 features, performance, convenience, and price. COM VMS Denny on DOS By Denny Atkin ....A Tills month the Wizard of DOS reveals some smooth and simple lile-transfcr tips using the CrossDOS conversion utility. Prime-Time PD By Tim Walsh .....7 Freely distributable antivirus programs head the prescription list in this installment of Dr. dim’s monthly scan of Amiga PD shareware. Accent on Graphics By Joel Hagen 34 While | >el usually gives advice on creating computer artwork, this month he switches to tips on exhibiting it in ways that can help von break out of vour studio and into the gallen. N DEPART VI EATS First Impressions By Daniel Sullivan .2 Where will the new owners of Commodore likelv being taking us when the runway's
• • • O - finally cleared for takeoff? Overscan .....4 News and new products covering the entire Amiga community. A IF Product Information .60 Eo contact the vendors of products mentioned in this issue >l Amiga Urn Id. Consult our all-in-one "Manufacturers’ Distributors’ Addresses" list. The Last Word ..(>4 Input from the readers on the continuing Commodore saga and other topics. REVIEWS Three Amiga Monitors ..8 If you’ve been looking lor a high-resolu- tion monitor like the now almost-unavail- able Commodore 1912, check out three high-quality alternatives from leading Amiga distributors: CEPs A-1962, CD Solutions' CD-1401, and Creative Computers’AD-1970. Power XL Drive (i)KB) ....f) Versatile, economical high-densiiy floppy- dri ve upgrade for older Amiga systems. GameSmith Development System (BitHead Technologies) .44 Prolessional-quality game-developmcnt tools for C or assembly programmers. Video Escort 2.5 (Mr. Hardware) 48 Customized Sbase4 Professional forms package lor the business end of your video operation. GAMES By Peter Olafson King’s Quest VI (Sierra) ...54 Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow, die latest in the KQ aimated-adventure series, also mark’s Sierra’ return to the Amiga. CES Report ..34 New Amiga games debut at this past summer's CES show. Psygnosis Potpourri ...56 Eiglu new releases from the game giant, including Bram Stoker's Dracula, Last Action Hero, Cliflhanger, Innocent Until Caught, Puggsy, Wiz n’ Liz, (Module, and Brian the Lion. Plus previews of the upcoming Nova Storm, Benefactor, and Armour-Geddon. OVERSCAN News, New Products and Networks LONDON The ’94 autumn European Computer Trade Show was full of speculation concerning the Amiga's ability to continue in the marketplace. The fact that the UK management team lias placed a hid to buy the company was the talk of die Commodore cognoscenti in the press room. Commodore UK is keen on keeping the platform alive, despite the difficulties of such an undertaking. In addition, several UK software houses and distributors have pledged support for the Amiga everyone wants it to continue. The most pressing concern of Amiga developers is that Amiga production resume quickly. Most worried that no Amigas would he available for the vital run up to Christmas the busiest sales period of the year. Amiga in the Spotlight at ECTS Despite the recent turn of events, Amiga product development still looked healthy at ECTS. Renegade Software, developers of Sensible Soccer, showed Sensible World of Soccer, a sequel, as well as a great shoot-'em-up. Ruff V Tumble, which has already received positive reviews in British magazines. Also on display was Flight of the Amazon Queen, a graphics adventure set in the 1940s. 21st Century Entertainment is releasing versions of Pinball Illusions for CD32 and A500 1200. In response to the incredible success of Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies. Another title, this one for Cdo2 only, Marvin’s Marvellous * Adventure is a 90-level platform game. New Commodore Hotline Number AW regrets that it can no longer continue the present 1-800 Commodore update line. We have received more than 100,000 calls since the hotline was introduced. The expense has run into the tens of thousands of dollars and our switchboard has been crippled for other use. We were disappointed that quite a few people called the Microvalue Fla ir Softwa re si u mcased its versatility bv offering various new titles f rom a wide range of categories. Some of the highlights included. Whizz, a platform game that features an isometric viewpoint (from above and the side), and Deadly Racer, a rally game in which you must drive a car over varying landscapes under different weather conditions. Team 17 showed off Super Stardust, a sort of “Asteroids meets the 1990s” with great graphics and attention-grabbing gameplav, as well as Alien Breed Tower Assault for A500 1200 and CD32. In the works for a later release are Kingpin Bowling, a ten-pin bowling simulator, and All-Terrain Racing, a 3- D motorsport game. Gaming hardware wasn't exactly in O short order, either. One high note: the new control pad for CD32 from Power- Play Europe. It is designed especially for adult-sized hands. Support for current product is still increasing, although there’s a noticeable shift toward PC and console product development as more users are expanding their systems. The CD32, in particular, is receiving a lot of attention in the developer community. Despite the recent fallout at Commodore, it’s clear that there’s still a great deal of support for the platform in the UK, and if this fall’s ECTS is any indication, a great deal of interest remains as well. Stuart Menges hotline several times a day, every day for weeks on end simply because the call was free. It wasn't meant for that purpose. We will, however, continue to provide update messages at 603 924-2195. This is a separate, direct-dial line. Our switchboard and the 1-800 number will not provide access to the new update line. DS Commodore Update As this issue of A W was going to press, no official announcement on the fate of Commodore international had been issued by the Bahamian Supreme Court. While all parties connected with the liquidation proceedings had hoped for a resolution by the Labor Day weekend, no final settlement was reached by that date. Frontrunners in the bidding process, CEI of Florida and the former management team at Commodore UK, were still involved in negotiations with the court-appointed liquidators. Both Alex Amor of CEI and David Pleasance of Commodore UK reaffirmed their commitment to resuming production, distribution, and further development of the Amiga line. Other bids, including those from Philips Amstrad and Samsung, were also still on the table. In a potentially pre-emptive move, Pleasance stated to AW that he had refined his group's bid to the liquidators as an "unconditional" one in order to increase the attractiveness of the bid and to move the negotiations to a speedier conclusion. It was believed that bids from the other groups did contain certain conditions that had to be met regarding the purchase of the company's assets and technology. DS CD-ROM Control You can add a Mitsumi LU005 or a double-speed FX001D CD-ROM drive to your Amiga 600 or 1200 with the CD 1200 controller (399.99. MicroPace). IS09600 and Rock Riclge filesystem software and a jukebox utility for audio Cds are included. The controller is compatible with GDI*ileSystem, AS1M CD-ROM FileSystem, and multisession Photo Cds. You'll need AmigaDOS 2.04 or later: in addition, to use the internal Mitsumi CD-ROM drive, you’ll need a half-height, 5 1 4-inch chassis. To locate the vendors of products mentioned, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 60. Denny on DOS HINTS & TIPS FOR MASTERING THE OPERATING SYSTEM 6 Crossing the Tracks By Denny Atkin The Amiga uses a custom disk format that lets it store more on a disk than any other mainstream computer. Low-density floppies, which store 720K or 800K respectively on a PC or Macintosh, hold 880K of data on the Amiga. I ligh-density floppies, limited to 1.44MB on the PC and Mac, store
1. 76MB when formatted on the Amiga. Because of these vaiying storage capacities, floppies created on one platform cannot automatically be read on another. Macintoshes, however, can read PC disks by using Apple File Exchange, and Pcs can read high-density Mac disks using commercial utilities such as Mac-in-DOS. Starting with Release 2.1, the Amiga operating system was bundled with a utility called CrossDOS that allows Amigas to read and write MS-DOS floppies. And with a little extra knowledge, you can use CrossDOS to do more than just read PC disks. Setup Setting up CrossDOS is easy. First, you need to drag the PCO: icon into the Devs DOS- Dri vers drawer on your boot disk. (If'your system has a hard drive, you’ll find it in the Storage DC )SDrivers drawer; if you’re running a floppy-based system, it’s in the DOSDrivers directoiv on the Storage disk.) CrossD( )S will now be active on DEO: whenever you boot your system. If you want to set CrossDOS up to work for a second drive, use the Workbench Icons Copy function to create a duplicate of die PCO: icon. Rename it to PCI: (or PC2: if you’re setting it up for DF2:), click on it once, and select Information from the Workbench Icons menu. Click the UNIT'=0 tool type and change it to UN FI’'= 1 for PC Ior UNIT*2 for PC2:; then click Save. To activate CrossDOS for the first time, von can double-click the PCO: icon or reboot your Amiga. Now vou’ll actually have two devices that refer to your internal floppy drive. When performing operations on Quick Tip The commercial version of CrossDOS, available from Consultron, gives the same capabilities to AmigaDOS
1. 3 and 2.04 users. Unlike the version bundled with 2.1 and 3.0, it also supports reading and writing to nonfloppy MS-DOS devices, such as SyQuest and Bernoulli cartridges. Included free of charge is CrossPC, a slow software- only PC emulator that's handy for running some simple MS-DOS programs. Amiga disks, you'll refer to the drive as DF0:, as usual. When accessing MS-DOS floppies, you’ll refer to the drive as PCO:. Thai’s all there is to it! A standard Amiga floppy drive will read and write to 720K low-density PC! Disks; high-density drives will also read and write 1.44MB floppies. Translations and Differences In the Commodities drawer in your Fools drawer, you’ll find a utility called Cross- DOS. This is used to toggle some of CrossDOS’s special features. You'll see a list of available CrossDOS devices on the left; click the device whose settings you want to O J change. There are two toggle gadgets: Text Filtering and Text Translation. The Amiga and PC! Use slightly different formats for storing ascii text. While the Amiga ends each paragraph with a line feed, the PC uses a carriage-re turn 1 ine-feed combination. With Text Filtering selected, CrossDOS will add carriage-ret urn characters in appropriate places when you save ascii files lo the floppy, and strip them when von load them into the Amiga. I ext Translation is more sophisticated, actually converting the differences between various character sets. The versions of Cross- DOS included with AmigaDOS 2.1 and 3.0 will translate text files that use International and Danish character sets; the version included with AmigaDOS
3. 1 also translates Macintosh text files. Make sure you have the text options selected only when you’re i working with text files. If you have them turned on when transferring data files or executables, the Files will be ruined. Along with the text-File settings, there are some other tilings to keep in mind when working with Cross- DOS disks. First and foremost, the MS-DOS disk format limits filenames to eight characters, a period, and a three-character extension, so any of your Files with longer filenames will have their names truncated. Also, remember that the storage on PC disks is a bit less, so you can’t copy a full Amiga floppy to a CrossDOS disk and expect it all to lit. Not Just MS-DOS CrossDOS is also useful for transferring files to and from Macintosh and Atari ST computers. Macs include a program called Apple File Exchange that permits the transfer of files to and from MS-DOS disks; more recent Macs include Macintosh PC Exchange, which works much like CrossDOS, letting PC floppies appear on the Finder screen. You can use MS-DOS disks as an intermediate format for transferring files between the .Amiga and a Mac. Just remember that the filenames will be truncated to the 8.3 format. (You can work around this by using Insignia’s Access- PC on the Mac side and Rainer Koppler’s freeware APCNames utility on the Amiga.) You can also use Cross- DOS to read and write files from Atari ST disks, as they use essentially the same 72OK format as MS-DOS. There are some minor differences that can cause problems reading disks formatted on another computer when using early versions of the S i s operating system, so if possible you should format the file-trans- fer disks on the ST. ¦ Denny Atkin is author of the hook Denny Atkins Best Amiga Tips and Secrets. Send suggestions to him via e-mail at Den)i t miga @aol.eom, or write to him c o A m iga World.
• 1 mi fra World 5 CD-ROM Clips If variety is what you’re looking for, you can’t go wrong with the latest CD-ROMs from Syndesis and Better Concepts, Syndesis 3D-ROM, Vol. II (S99.95, Syndesis) offers more than 200 3-D models and includes demos of Caligari trueSpace, Visual Software's Visual Reality, Criterion’s RenderW are, and Yost Group’s I PAS plug-ins for 3D Studio. The 3D-ROM series features Syndesis' translation tool, Interchange, which exchanges data between 3-D file formats What a concept: All of your desktop- publishing and word-processing needs on a single CD-ROM. That’s just what Better Concepts claims with its Clip Art 8c Fonts disc. It contains more than 1500 IFF images, 2500 black-and-white EPS and more than 6000 PCX images, as well as 100 Adobe and PageStream fonts. What about something for the musically inclined, you ask? Better Concepts lias got that covered, too, with its Music MOD and Sound Effects CD- ROM ($ 29.95). It comprises more than 2800 music MODs and 6300 sound samples. The disc even includes several MOD and sound-sample players. Virtual Memory Are memory-intensive graphics applications eating up your RAM? Forget about expensive RAM chips, let GigaMem 3.12 (INOVAtronics) "refresh" your Amiga's memory. The virtuafmemory software it uses a free portion of your hard drive as RAM -works transparently with ail of your operations and adds a maximum of 1.5 gigabytes (500 megs more than previous versions!). With an improved task-caching algorithm, it claims to be even faster than before, too. GigaMem 3.12 requires an accelerator with MMU and Workbench 2.04 or later. You can upgrade for S15. Applied Magic of Vista, California, now handles distribution and development of the former Digital Micronics' product line, including Broadcaster 32, a nonlinear editing system. Contact Applied Magic at 1240 Activity Dr., Suite D, Vista, CA 92083; 619 599-2626 (phone). OVERS C A Update Scan Nova Design, original developers of Im- ageFX, is now the exclusive distributor of the image-processing program, which was formerly handled by Great Valley Products. In addition, Rusty Mills' Video Guide to ImageFX ($ 49.95) is no longer available from GVP, but can be ordered directly from Nova Design. Pixel 3D Professional 2 ($ 299.95, Axiom Software) now supports AGA, PostScript fonts, and Arexx. In addition, you can now load and save 17 different 3-D formats including LightWave, 3-D Studio, Wavefront, Imagine, and DFX AutoCAD. You can upgrade for $ 99.99. Start your engines. With HyperCache Professional 2.0 ($ 59.95, Silicon Prairie Software), it'll be hard to keep up with your Amiga now that the software promises to increase your disk speed by as much as 3000 percent! It offers work- station-style I O caching to any Amiga storage device. The new version sports Mix Like a Pro Professional quality mixing is now as easy as Pro-Mix (S399.99). Phantom Development offers a software controlled audio mixing board combining the capabilities of five stereo input channels with the versatility of an Arexx interface. Each input channel is provided with controls for volume, bass, treble, mute and stereo mono, while the Master output adds controls such as global stereo mono, stereo reversal and tone defeat. On-screen oscilloscopes are provided with integrated Visual Database GraphicRecall ($ 50, Focus GhR) puts an end to frustrating searches through piles of video tapes and long scans of your hard disk to find that perfect graphic or sound hie for your latest video project. It creates a “visual” database using minaturcs of your images. With GraphicRecall and a viewing utility = like View or YT), you can display a graphic from your library of images of various formats, including, IFF, Frame- an improved interface, which displays preferences and statistics. Owners of 1.0 can upgrade for $ 19.95. Besides many enchancements to its functions, Sample Wrench 2.2 ($ 299, dissidents), the 16-bit sound sample editor, promises to be faster than ever (and uses less memory, too). For example, the Digital Equalization function is reported to run about three times faster than previous versions, and Waveform drawing speed has been increased 5000 percent. Some new conveniences include default save load paths, auto play, edit smoothing, and Arexx compatibility. Sample Wrench now supports 8- and 16-bit mono or stereo WAVE format files as well as various audio file formats, including AIFF, 8SVX, and Sound Designer Type 1. It requires 1MB of RAM, and AmigaDOS 1.3 or later (AmigaDOS 2.0 or later is recommended). Registered owners can upgrade for $ 20. DSS8 + 3.0 (Great Valley Products) sound-sampling software now features di- rect-to-disk recording and playback capability. Other improvements include: support for DBLNTSC and DBLPAL resolutions and for 16-bit AIFF and WAVE formats, and improved Tracker functions. Stereo sampler hardware, and any single channel or group of channels can be sampled concurrently with compatible software. Additional software features include a multispeed, multichannel cross fader switcher, 8SVX sample playback, MOD file playback, and user-definable preset mixer configurations. Pro-Mix requires 512K RAM and Kick- Start 2.04 or later, and attaches to the parallel port. A1000s require a special adapter. Store, GIF. TIFF, TARGA, JPEG, PICT, and PCX. You can also store 8SVX IFF and most MOD sound files. With the program, you can copy and paste images, as well as print them or export them to various paint or image processing programs. Combined with Noahji’s Vlab digitizer, GraphicRecall can also catalog video dips, which play back as “mini-movies” when selected in the database. Prime-Time PD ON-LINE SOURCES FOR FREELY DISTRIBUTABLE SOFTWARE A couple of years ago, a neighbor deposited a recently purchased used A500 and boxes of disks on my kitchen table. I caught something about Gums and system crashes. Yeah, I thought, the drive was likely out of alignment, the power supply had seen better days you know, the J usual stuff that baffles the neophyte. Several exasperating hours later, no amount of realigning, swapping of drives, exchanging of power supplies, or diagnostic tests could reveal the problem. By chance, I happened to pop one of the A500’s Workbench disks into my trust)' A2000. A message appeared stating there was a virus on the disk and would I like it corrected. Another disk from the stack revealed the same message. Alas, there was never anything wrong with the A500 the disks were all infected with a virus. Virus Troubles .Although their notoriety has waned with time, computer viruses are still prevalent in Amiga’s little corner of cyberspace. The program idling in the background on my A2000 that revealed the troublesome VC's business screen. Vims on the disks was Vims Checker (VC) by John Veldthuis. This §20 shareware program was recently updated to version 6.43 VC, my favorite antivirus program since its creation several years ago, detects an exhaustive list of viruses, including ominous-sounding ones like Disaster Master and Future Disaster. VC’s new Learn mode writes a VCBrainFile file to the S: directory that records for future reference any nonstandard boot blocks it may stumble upon. VC scans RAM for viruses and either disables them or gives them the old heave-ho. Insert a floppy disk into any active drive, and its boot- block will be thoroughly checked. You can even configure VC to scan every file on the disk and display a window showing each file as it’s scanned. A hotkey combination reveals a rather extensive interface. It’s equipped with an Arexx port, so you can send Arexx commands to VC, and interface options allow you to check an individual file for a virus without having to scan the entire disk. You can also skip directories during the scanning process by pressing Control-1). VirusZ II An excellent companion to Vims Checker is VirusZ II, by Georg Hormann. Now residing at version 1.09, this S15 shareware package thoroughly checks disks for viruses. Placing a small window on the Workbench, this program consists of a series of user-selected menus for file, sector, vector, and boot- block checking. Selecting one of these in turn calls up control panels for analyzing and scanning files, directories, and boot- blocks. There’s nothing particularly complicated about using it, and it works fast and effectively to rid your disks of those pesky viruses. BootX Another round of ammo for your antivirus arsenal is Peter Stuer’s freeware program, BootX v5,23b. Like VirusZ II and Vims Checker, BootX has been recently updated to recognize a series of new, little-known viruses. BootX is an elaborate collection of Files that includes a BootX.Brain file and necessary libraries. Although BootX requires Nico Francois’ Req Fools.- library and the Exp lode.- library for compressed files, it’s still much of a plug-and- play program, as these libraries are thoughtfully included in the package. BootX can reside as an icon on the 2.0 or later Workbench, and it checks each disk as it’s inserted in a drive. BootX offers an interactive mode, with the program opening on its own custom window. Numerous menu options and screen buttons let BootX check the boot- block of a disk, scan memoiv for resident viruses, and pemse disks for link and file viruses. Its control panel is a tad confusing, so you should read all the accompanying AmigaGuide documentation carefully to prevent any of the supplied hoothlocks from inadvertently overwriting the existing hoothlocks on valuable disks. Like other programs of the genre, its “brain files” can save for posterity any unusual hoothlocks that it encounters. When BootX detects in the bootblock a virus or something it suspects to he one, it operates in much the same manner as Virus Checker, displaying a requester asking if you’d like to delete the virus. Click on the Yes gadget, and BootX will replace the disk’s suspicious bootblock with a new one selected from its Bootblock library. There you have it a brief overview of files available on the nets for ridding your system of those nasty viruses. What are you wait- ing for? Go get one. Network Voice Numbers BIX 800 695*4882 617 354-4137 CompuServe 614 457-0802 800 848-8199 Delphi 800 695-4005 Genie 800 638-9636 Portal 408 973-9111 800 433-6444 ¦ REV E Three Amiga Monitors To Go, Please Alternatives to the Commodore 1942 monitor. All 15-pin video-compatible Amigas. CD-1401, CD Solutions, S549.00 A-1962, CEI, $ 499.95 AD-1970, Creative Computers, $ 489.95 CD-1401 1024x708 15-50 Khz.
0. 28mm A-1962 800x000 15-10 Khz.
0. 28mm Maximum noninterlaced resolution Horizontal scan rate Dot pitch size If you. Like many other frustrated Amiga users, have been trying without success to get your hands on an almost impossible-to-find Commodore 1942 monitor, take heart. Three independent Amiga companies, Creative Equipment International, Cl) Solutions, and Creative Computers, are all distributing high-quality replacements. But which one should you chooser I he foremost consideration in the selection process involves more than just clarity and screen borders; it's that each of these monitors is designed for high-res- olntion, noninterlaced output and therefore cannot plug directly into the Amiga’s standard 29-pin monitor port. Owners of A3G00-series computers have a 15-pin video port, while AGA machines come with a 23-to-15-pin port adapter. Amiga 2000 owners, however, need a MickerFixer or other deinterlacer type of video card to use any of these monitors. Of equal concern, none of the three supports composite-video input, as do earlier Commodore monitors such as the venerable Commodore 1084, and most Video Toaster users need at least one composite monitor to use as a combination control and preview monitor. Of lesser importance, none of these three monitors support audio. A-1962 Manufactured by Electrohome and distributed by Creative Equipment International (CEI), the A-1962 has a stylish beige case that matches your Amiga's decor and a swivel stand that adds to its functionality. It accepts horizontal scan rates from 15 to 40 Khz., yielding a maximum of 800 (pixels) by 000 (lines) noninterlaced resolution. AD-1970 800x600
15. 75-36 Khz
0. 28mm Comparison Chart Front-panel controls include height adjustment, horizontal-display centering, brightness, and contrast. Two included cables are hardwired into the unit: a 15-pin signal cable and a power cable for the 3-prong female power outlet on the A3000 and A4000. To plug this monitor directly into a standard AC receptacle requires an alternative power cable. The A-1962's display is crisp and accurate, both in terms ofcolor reproduction and resolution. While it provides support for the A40()() s Super72 modes, a black border appears on the right-hand side of die screen in Double-NTSC mode. According to tech support at CEI, there is a software fix available for this condition. Subjectively, I did not find that the A-1962 was quite as bright as 1 would have liked, but this is only a minor quibble. CD-1401 Manufactured by C I X, Cl) Solutions' Cl)-l401 is described in its manual as a “Low-Radiation Arui- Static Anti-Magnetic” monitor. All very nice, but more to the point, the 140I s display is noticeably crisper and brighter than that of the A-1902. No black borders surround the left and right edges in Double-NTSC screen modes on AGA machines. It possesses roughly the same size, color, footprint, and elegant appearance as the A-1962. A few additional features include its ability to auloscan for horizontal frequencies between 30 and 50 Khz and to produce a maximum 1024x768 noninterlaced display the highest ofall the three monitors. What else? All three monitors carry a one-year warranty, run
* i exceptionally cool, look great, and are plug-and-play units. You really can’t go wrong with any one of these monitors. 11 you haven’t experienced the pleasure of using a high-resoluiion, noninterlaced monitor, anv of these three will be a welcome addition to your Amiga. While AGA users might be happiest with the AD-
1970. If pushed to proclaim the best for general-purpose use, I’d give a slight nod to CD Solutions' CD-1401. Michael Ha n ish Power XL Drive DKB, 5159 All Amigas.
2. 0 3,0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Installation: Easy. Minimum system: AmigaDOS 2.0 or higher. Recommended system: Same as minimum. The Cl)-1401’s front panel has six controls, including vertical centering and size. A 15-pin signal cable with small thumb screws is attached, and a standard power cable exactly like the Amiga's is included. AD-1970 Also manufactured by CTX. But distributed by Creative Computers, the AD-1970 bears a marked similarity to the CD-I401. It autoscans from 15.75 to 36 Khz and produces a maximum 800x600 noninterlaced resolution, making it slight Iv more convenient
o o to use in video work. I he display, bright and accurate, produces the best picture of the three when used on an A4000. That one factor might give it a slight edge over CD Solutions’ higber-resolution CD-1401 for AGA machine owners. Rr* * - V. High-density floppy drive for the Amiga. Few Amiga users have an unlimited amount of money to invest in their Amigas, so they carefully watch their computer dollars. What can you buy for about SI50? A used 24-bit graphics hoard? Maybe a cheap 9-pin dot-matrix printer? A high-speed modem? One extremely useful and versatile item in this price range that’s easily overlooked is an external, high-density iloppy-disk drive. Think about it. Double-density (e.g., low-density) disks are becoming increasingly rare as floppy-disk manufacturers phase Continued on p. 44. To locate the vendors of the products reviewed, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 60. ¦ImigalVorld 9 ToasterMan’s Tips Mastering the Video Toaster If you’d like to trigger effects that have the impact of a speeding bullet, control a switcher more powerful than a locomotive, and create transitions that leap tall buildings in a single wipe then follow ToasterMan Leemons tips more effective video productions. On mastering the Video Toaster jar IT’S EASY TO learn how lo use the Video Toaster, but difficult to master it. Behind its simple interlace lurks a hidden storehouse of mysteries. Although most Toaster users quickly reach the point where they can perform a few basic functions, many remain at that level unable to do everything they would like to do, »¦ u and unsure of what other things they could be doing. Mastering the Toaster takes time and some guid-
o o ance. While unlocking all of the Toaster's secrets may he beyond the scope of a single magazine article, the following collection of tips should help you move past some ol the initial stumbling blocks and point you on the path to greater proficiency through experimentation 011 your own. The first three tips point out some basic concepts with which you should be familiar about how the Toaster operates. Think of these as quickie introductory lessons to get you up to speed. The remaining dozen tips are shorter, more specific hints that should benefit Toaster users at all levels. 2 Keep your eye on the DV1 and DV2 buttons. THE VIDEO BUFFERS arc the key to how the Toaster performs its magic. Once you understand the various ways in which the Toaster relies on them, you'll be much closer to understanding how it operates. The video buffers have two main roles. When in Freeze mode (the Switcher button marked Freeze is highlighted in yellow), DV1 and DV2 can each store a still video image. The source of these images may be external (e.g., a still captured from motion video), internal (from the LightWave, ToasterPaint, or Character Generator CG programs), or a combination of both (such as a video still with a title overlaid on top of it). When in Live mode (Freeze button turned off), the two buffers are used together to convert external video from camera or VCR to digital video. This conversion is necessary in order for the Toaster to manipulate the size or position of a picture with its digital effects or to capture a still image in its Framestore. In many instances, you yourself control the mode in 4 which the buffers operate. You can switch to Freeze mode by loading a Framestore, or by hitting the Freeze button to capture a still frame, and then switch to Live mode by clicking Freeze off. In other cases, however, the I oaster itself takes control of the these buffers for its own purposes. This can result in unexpected (and unwanted) consequences. For example, when you perform a digital effect using two external video sources, the Toaster automatically switches into Live mode and dumps whatever still images are in DV1 and DV2 at the time. The lesson here is that if you don't want to lose your Framestores, he sure to save them on disk as soon as you capture them. The Toaster will also switch you automatically from Live to Freeze mode whenever you run the ToasterPaint, LightWave, ChromaFX, or CG programs, because these programs use DV] and or DV2 either for their output or to help create their user-control ? Bv Sheldon Lumon V I I) K 0 T 0 S ! I; K TIP S screens. There are a couple of surprises you may run into here. First, if the Toaster switches to Free e mode in order to use one of the buffers, you may later find a frame of random frozen video in the other buffer. This is simply whatever video happened to he in the digital channel when the Toaster made the switch. . , Another side effect you may experience is that sometimes when vou press the Freeze button on the Switcher screen, or its keyboard equivalent, nothing happens.'This occurs because Toaster operations that seize the'video buffers lock this button to prevent you from''accidentally disrupting them. For example, if you exit the GG program back to the Switcher, you'll find that the Freeze button no longer works. To unlock the button, simply select one of the effect icons (such as Smooth Fade) to signal that you are ready to return to normal Switcher operation. 2 Learn the differences between external (analog) sources and internal (digital) sources. I'HF. TOASTER ALLOWS you to switch among up to seven different types of video sources. These sources are represented as Switcher buttons labeled 1, 2, 3, 4, DYI, DY2, and DV3. Itie four numbered sources are normal analog video Sources such as cameras, VCRs, or laserdiscs that are generated externally, totally independent of Uiejoaster. The sources marked DV1, l)Y2, and DV3 are all digital-video sources, containing images that are created, modified, and or displayed by the Toaster. 'Ilie Toaster can perform some simple effects (such as wipes) on analog sources, hut effects t hat change the size, position, or rotation of an image require at least one digital source. In order to perform such effects on external sources, die Toaster must switch the buffers into Live mode and use them to convert the external video into a digital fonnat that the Toaster can manipulate. This has a number of important consequences. , First, there is a restriction on the sources that can be used with digital effects. If you are using one ol the digital buffers to display a still image, you won't he able to perform digital effects on an external source, since digitization requires both buffers. That's why you can’t flv in a moving video image from an external source V , n n on top of a still. On the other hand, you can fly in a still on toj) of moving video because the still is in the required digital format. The rule is that when you are working with one moving video source and one still, the digital effect can be used only to move, rotate, or resize the still. Some digital effects, such as Infin- ity, Mosaic, Infinite Squeeze, and the ‘background effects,” digitally alter both sources iirst the outgoing Main source and then the incoming Preview source. Tablo 1: Combining Toaster Effects Combine with Combine with Combine with Smooth Luminance ChromaFX? Fade? Key? EFFECT TYPE Digital Effects Some Yes No Wipes Yes No Yes ChromaFX Yes Yes - Smooth Fade - Yes Yes These effects cannot be used successfullv with both a still and a moving video image. Converting external video sources to internal digital format takes a small, but noticeable amount of time. As a result, everything happens a frame or two later in the digital version (where DYI and DY2 buttons are lit along with the number button) than in the original analog source (where just the number button is lit). Normally, you would hardly notice this delay, but there are cases when it can get you into trouble. If you suddenly switc h from a digital version of source 1 to the analog version, for example, you may sec a jump or skip in the action. To avoid this problem, use the Smooth Fade effect to switch from the analog to the digital version ol the source. A jump can also arise spontaneously because of the boaster’s habit of allocating the video buffers as it sees fit. When you perform digital effects with two external sources, for example, the Toaster changes the allocation of the digital buffers as needed during a digital effect. (11 sets Preview to digital for an effect where the digital video is coming on screen, and Main to digital for an effect where the digital source is moving offscreen.) Before performing an “off' effect, you should set the source on Main to digital mode (DV1 and DV2 buttons are lit along with that of the input c hannel number). Before performing an “on” effect, you should set the source on Main to analog mode (only the input number button is lit). Otherwise, there will be a noticeable jump as you switc h from delayed to nondelayed video (or vice versa). To switch the Main source from analog to digital (or vice versa) when you are in the middle of taping, use the Smooth Fade transition as suggested above to avoid a jump when you make the c hange. You can use the digital delay as a new type of effect by doing a partial wipe from a delayed source to a nondelaved version of that same source. If you select, say, the Squares or Diamond effect using one digital and one analog version of the same source, simply move the T-Bar halfway down and you’ll get a shimmering prism type of effect on the parts of the video that are moving. 3 Get to know tho different kinds of effects. ALL VIDEO TOASTER effects are not created equal. The Toaster performs several different kinds of effec ts, each with slightlv different characteristics. The two main
o j types of effects are analog wipes and digital effects. In an analog wipe, one picture replaces the other a bit at a time. It’s as if the Preview screen were silting directly behind the Main screen, and part ol the picture is wiped away to reveal a portion ol the picture behind it. 1 he pattern in which the top picture is removed can be as simple as a right-to-left progression, or as complex as an animation of shattering glass. Remember, though, that the pictures themselves do not move or change size in a wipe. Only the “hole” that allows you to see through one image to the other changes. By contrast, with digital effects, either of the pictures (but not both) can move, change size, rotate, or split apart. In addition to these basic effect types, there are a large number of variations. Transition effects can proceed either along a geometric path or according to a path in which each step is based on a frame of an animation. Effects can contain overlavs of a solid color T 0 A S I K R T I P S panel ever mysteriously appears on top of your Preview screen, you’ve probably just pressed the Help key by mistake. Press the Help key again to remove the con trol panel. You can, however, use the Help key when you’r the CG program to remind you of some commands for which there are no on-screen buttons. Forgot how to r select all text on the CG screen at once? Press Help! 7 Take down names. ALTHOUGH THE PICTURES oil ihe icons provide a pretty good due as to what each effect does; the name of the effect can provide some additional help. When you press the close-parenthesis key ) on the generated by the Toaster, a semi-transparent shadow generated by the Toaster, or an AGA image generated by the Amiga’s graphics system. There are also other effects that do not fit into any basic category. These include nontransition effects such as the Art Card or SMPTE Bars effect, Trails effects, Chroma effects, background effects, and so on. All of these effect types vary according to the sources with which they may be used and the other effects with which they can be combined. Although the various combinations are too numerous to list, the main thing to remember is that Toaster features can be combined only to the extent that they do not have overlapping resource requirements. For example, digital transition effects and Ghroma FX both use the digital-video buffers, so it is not possible to combine the two. Combining Toaster effects can really enhance your capabilities, so you should make an effort to learn what kinds of effects can be used together. Table 1 (p. 12) should give you a basic idea of what kinds of effects go together. Also, remember that if three different effects are compatible with one another, you can probably perform all three at once. For example, it is possible to use luminance keying with Ghroma FX, and then fade the whole image with Smooth Fade. 4 Inarn the keyboard shortcuts. THE SWI TCHER, CG, Paint, and LighlWave programs all provide for keyboard shortcuts, which not only can save you time, but also even allow you to perform some operations when the on-screen controls for those functions are not visible. You may want to attach labels such as “CAM 1 ” or “VCR 2” above the function keys that control your video sources to make it easier to use these keys as Switcher buttons. 5 Cure the blank-screen blues. SOME EFFECTS BIANKout the control screen while in progress. 11' the control screen mysteriously disappears and doesn’t come back, press the spacebar to finish the effect and it will reappear. Most effects can be performed manually by pulling the 'I-Bar down. You can often switch sources while the I -Bar is “parked” in an intermediate position, using the Main and Superimpose bus buttons. If the effect blanks out the control screen, you can still use the keyboard equivalents (F1-F7 for Main, q-u for Superimpose) to change sources. Keep in mind, however, that some effect types (such as effects with overlays) don't allow you to switch. If an effect blanks the screen, you cannot use the mouse to select the Smooth Fade icon. It is possible to fade even these effects, though, by controlling the Switcher from a sequencer program such as Toaster Toolkit (DevWare) or T-Rexx Professional (F.lastic Reality). When you use this method to fade an effect with a border (including soft edges) or an animation, however, only the border or animation fades away. 6 Got Help!... but only when you need it. WHEN YOU’RE IN the Switcher, pressing the Help key on the keyboard toggles between RGB-only and Preview control screen modes. If the Switcher control V I 1) E 0 numeric keypad, a little window pops up under the effects panel, showing the name of the currently selected effect. I8 Don’t forget to multitask. THE TOASTER CAN multitask, but it isn't always obvious bow to get back to the Workbench screen to run another program. From the Switcher screen, you need to press four keys consecutively: Ctrl, Ctrl, Alt, Alt. From LightWave or Toaster Paint, use the normal Left Amiga-M key combination to switch screens. From other Toaster programs, you must first go to the Switcher screen in order to get to Workbench. 9 Recapture your effecl-ivcness. HAVE YOU EVER turned on your Toaster only to see an empty effects panel? You probably loaded the Get Small project by mistake. A Toaster project lile includes instructions about both what effects to load and what Toaster programs to load (CG, Paint, or LightWave). The Get Small project tells the Toaster to load only die Smooth Fade effect. To get your effects back, simply load another project, such as the Toaster
3. 1 project. Why did NcwTek include a project with almost no effects in the first place? Answer: To allow you to maximize your memory. LightWave animations, for example, take up a tremendous amount of memory. With a full 18 megabytes of RAM, you can play an animation that is only about 6 seconds long. If your animation is larger than will fii in memory, the Switcher simply stops loading it when the memory runs out. If you find that your animation stops before the end, free up some memory by loading the Get Small project before you load your animation. Get Small can also help you multitask with memory hogs like Art Department Professional (Elastic Reality) that require every megabyte they can get. You may want to load the Get Small project before starting such a program. Finally, Get Small may help you load large amounts of data into LightWave or ToasterPaint, Remember, however, to save any projects you are working on in these programs before you load the Gel Small project. When you load Get Small, it unloads all of the programs, and you lose whatever you were working on. If you need only to gel back a little memory, consider unloading individual programs instead of unloading everything with Get Small, You can unload ? Program, for example, by holding and clicking the CG button on the fhe same goes for LightWave, but to use the Quit option in ToasterPaint program. Ihosn titles fly. BUILT-IN page types produce great- pages, but they don't allow you to move your titles around. If you want to fly in a title, to use Superimpose on a Framestore page, a Framestore page with a solid black back- it out to DV1. Next, click the black set the clip level to about 30, and on the Superimpose panel. Your should now be superimposed on whatever video the Main channel. Try using the to bounce the title oil. Then you can effect such as Fly In to bring the title hack. Note, , that only digital effects work with keved titles. When you key out the black background, you’ll prob- the shadow and outline along with it. You can problem by changing the color of the shadow outline to dark gray instead of black. 11 Make it transparent. YOU CAN T MAKF your titles semitransparent just the Alpha setting of the text on the color s because the shadow and outline sit the text. If the shadow is solid, you won’t sec through to the video behind the text, no matter how transparent you make the letters themselves. The solution is to make the shadow and outline at least as transparent as the text itself, or one level more transparent. 12 Program your programs. FHE VIDEO TOASTER’S Arexx interface allows you to do almost anything under software control that you could do manually. Even if you can't program a lick, you can use a sequencer program like T-Rexx Professional or Toaster Toolkit to easily create elab- orate sequences of Toaster actions. These programs have other talents as well. They allow you to set DV3 to any of 4096 colors, instead of just 9. They also let you edit animated wipes, or create your own, by turning animation files into effects, or effects into animation files. You can create plain wipes, wipes with solid-color overlays, or alpha-cbannel wipes. These programs require animation files in Amiga AN1M format, however, not Toaster LightWave format. To create your own effects, you’ll need an Amiga paint program like Digital Creations’ Bril- or Electronic Arts’ DeluxePaint IV. Re nt will. HAVE A sequencer program, you can take advantage of the fact that the GPI uses the same connections as a joystick 6rebutton. By placing “j3au.se for GPI” commands in your script, you can use a joystick as a remote control-device for running a slideshow. Each time you press the firebutton, the script executes the next series of commands. Small beautiful. Wi IEN THE TOASTER shrinks a video image with a digital effect, it does not have the time to smoothly scale the image. Instead, it “throws away” pixels, which makes the small image look blocky and distorted. This isn't very noticeable when the image shrinks or expands quickly, but it creates problems when the image remains still, as it may when you use Position- able Expand or Shrink. Ifvou need a small image for an "over-the-shoulder" 4 O shot, consider reducing a still image in ToasterPaint and using it instead. You won't get a moving image, but the small picture will look very sharp and clean. For moving video, try a positionable wijje to create a “window” in the corner of the screen, and then shoot the second image to fit in the window. If you need clean-looking moving video with an entire screen com- O O pressed into a small window, however, consider purchasing the Feral Effects TBC from Feral Industries. In addition to normal TBC (unctions, this card allows you to shrink a moving video source and to position it wherever you wish on top of another source. File follies. FHE TOASTER SAVES a lot of files in a lot of directories, but doesn't give you full access to these directories. For example, if you save a frame with the same number, but a different name, as an existing frame, the second file is stored along with the first. Since the Toaster displays only one filename for each number, however, one of them will become a “hidden*' file, which lakes up space but doesn’t appear on the Switcher’s list of available files. The onlv wav to remedv
* * this situation is to use the Workbench or an Amiga file-manipulation program such as Director)’ Opus from INOVAtronics to rename the duplicate file with another number, or to delete it altogether. It’s not very easy to use the Workbench to manipulate Toaster files, however. That's because there is no icon for important Toaster directories such as Framestore and 3D. Be sure to turn on the Show All Files feature of the W indows menu on the Workbench to see all of the directories in your Toaster partition. Many Toaster file requesters leave something to he desired for instance, they may not have buttons for all your drives. In most cases, however, you can type the directory path right into the text box of the requester. If you want to use drive JHO: in LightWave, for example, you can type the drive name in the file requester and press Return to see a listing of the top directory of that drive. Putting these tips into practice may not give you the inside track to Truth, Justice, and the American W ay, but they should help you unleash more of the Toaster's tremendous jiower and potential . . . And make your next video animation project just super! ¦ Sheldon hrmon, a computer video consullanI and instructor, is the author oj two books and scores of articles covering the Amiga. He also sewes as Amiga Forum Manager on National I 'ideotex Network. Write to him c o Amiga World. Editorial Ijept., 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03d58-0802. F IfifjWlWiMil The Raptor processing engine is a locomotive that drives LightWave rendering faster, faster, )cskSt at pi ex, computers are Raptor, a dedicated ren- challenged to keep up. Even a fast Amiga 4000 dering box, speeds the output of NewTek’s LightWave can take an hour to generate a complex 3-D image software by 10-40 times (see the sidebar “Ahead of and more than a day to produce the 30 frames Schedule” for details), and the recently announced required for one second of animation. Raptor Plus promises even speedier For hobbyists, such speeds are a [j y 5 H EI D 0 N L E E M 0 N performance. The Raptor is the direct mere annoyance (we do become descendant of the Video Toaster spoiled, don’t we?). But for professionals, slow Screamer, the rendering engine NewTek announced rendering may derail a project. So where can a 3-D in late 1993 but never shipped in quantity. The professional catch the Silver Bullet to Renderland? Screamer was to have had four MIPS R4400 proces- ? , () R g B N D K R I C sors, giving it 40 times the processing power of the Toaster 4000. For a variety of reasons, New 1 ek decided to stop work on the Screamer, concentrating instead on the Flyer, the company’s upcoming nonlinear editing system. NcwTek’s change of plans cleared the way for DeskStation Technology, the company actually producing the Screamer hardware, to introduce its own scaled-down version, called the Raptor. Don’t be fooled by the "scaled- down” reference, though. The Raptor is huge, weighing SO pounds and standing almost three feet high. Ii is also expensive, costing $ 13,900 for a complete system. Unlike the original Screamer, the Raptor comes with only two R4400 processors, each with 64MB of RAM. You can, however, connect several Raptor systems together to achieve performance equal to, or better than, that of the Screamer. Up To Spf.ed Because the Raptor is basically a computer without a monitor or keyboard, you must connect it to your Toaster system in order to use it. This requires both hardware and software. The hardware is an Ethernet networking card, which you must install in your Toaster machine and connect to the Raptor’s built-in Ethernet card with thin-wire cable. Currently, the Raptor is compatible only with the Commodore or Oxxi Hydranet Ethernet adapters. 4Tie software is a special version of LightWave, which costs an additional $ 2000. This version includes a ScreamcrNet control panel (see Figure 1, next page) that allows LightWave to communicate with the Raptor. Using the Raptor from LightWave is relatively simple, hut it is not automatic. Before you can render with the Raptor, you must initialize the external processors and send them the data describing the current scene. Although A4000 040 A4000 040,40 Mhz Raptor Train Scene 6126 seconds 3293 seconds 497 seconds Logo Scene 13,625 seconds 6791 seconds 601 seconds Train Scene is a frame from Jon Tindall’s animation, Ghost Train, which we've used in past evaluations of 68040 accelerators, (It was the “complex render’ task in the Warp Engine vs. G-Force ’040 review in AW, Sept. ’94, p. 10.) This scene uses only ray-traced shadows and medium antialiasing. In the Logo Scene, a large text logo appears in front of the Texture Examples scene that comes with the Video Toaster. 'Hie text is 1009c transparent, with an index of refraction of 1.7, so that it appears to he made of glass. The scene uses ray-traced shadows, reflections, and refraction, as well as low antialiasing. ? SL
• Broadcast quality non-linear editor
• 16 bit audio with the Toccata A:i product r,ernes ere
• rodemorks of their respective ccTpanies
• Complete Arexx support
• Comprehensive digital effects
• Digital character generator
• Chroma keying for "Blue Box" effects
• Composite 8 'T C input 8 output
• Freely adjustable data rates
• Optional transcoder for component in output
• Powerful, easy-to-use MovieShop software features time line 8, hierarchical editing
• Optional Toaster® interface
• $ 1 50 for Lab Motion or $ 2150 with the Toccata "VLab Motion rivals professional equipment which costs $ 50,000+. Before your product, I would spend hours and hours of very expensive edit suite lime doing single frame editing, With Vlab Motion, I can set up an entire 3D animation with digital effects and double-check my work in super-clean 30fps video thanks to MovieShop software. Now I finish in approximately 20 minutes every time I go into an editing suite saving well more than the price of the system. I look to the future of this product with great enthusiasm. I am very impressed with Vlab Motion in total. . . This is the future of video editing. Rooert Van Valen ("Video Bob’) CBS TV Multiple Award-Winning Animator Noah Ji’s Also distributing Retina Z-lll, Retina Z-ll, Vlab Y C, and Toccata 16. 3591 Nyland Way • Lcrayerie, CO 80026 Voice: 303.499.1975 Fax: 499.1979 • Tech: 433.7031 • 3B5 969 8967 Ethernet generally provides fast lile transfer, the prerelease version of the LightWave ScreamerNet software takes a long time to transfer the data to the Raptor. In fact, it took nearly two minutes to transfer data about a scene whose files occupy less than 200K of disk space! We can only hope that the transfer speed will improve in future versions of the software. Once the data is loaded into the Raptor, you must choose whether to have each of the two processors work on one-half of the same frame, or each on a separate frame. For a test render of a single frame, you'll want to use both processors on one frame, but for animations, it is generally better to have one processor working on each frame. Hiat way, if one half of the picture takes much longer to render than the other, you won’t have one processor sitting idle waiting for its mate to finish. After You’ve selected the render mode, you press the Render button, and away you go. At this point, all LightWave is doing is waiting for data from the Raptor. Unfortunately, however, it can't just collect the finished images in the background while you work on another scene, or use the A4000 to render. 1 his is another area in which the preliminary software could stand some improvement. On the bright side, you won’i have to wait long for your scene to finish rendering. The actual degree of no speed increase depends on the complexity of the scene and the number of time-intensive features (like ray- tracing) that are turned on. Even simple scenes render at least eight to ten times faster than normal. Scenes that use several features like transparency, ray-traced reflections, refraction, shadows, and hump maps, however, render anywhere from 20-35 times as last as on a stock Amiga 4000 (see the sidebar, p. 16). For the professional 3-1) artist, this translates into test renders that take minutes instead of hours, and complete animations that take a day instead of a week. Alternate Tracks To address differing needs. DeskStation is currently O 4 s releasing two new variations on the same theme. One, the Raptor Plus ($ 16,900), an updated version of the original Raptor, uses a pair of the faster R4000 RISC processors (running at 133 Mhz) and includes 128MB of RAM per processor. Owners of the original Raptor can upgrade to the Plus version for S5000 (this involves sending your Raptor to DeskStation for a chip swap). DeskStation also maintains that at some point, Raptor owners may be able to upgrade their systems to full dual-processor workstation status. Beta testers have reported that Raptor Plus performs twice as fast, on average, as the original Raptor. The other new model, the Raptor II. Is a complete, non-Amiga workstation, with a keyboard, mouse, triple-speed CD-ROM drive, 500MB SCSI hard drive, Ethernet adapter, 24-bit color-display card, and 17- inch color monitor. The Raptor II fits in a normal-sized tower case and comes with a full version of the Windows NT operating system (the original Raptor has only a limited version of Windows NT). The total price for this package is under $ 10,000. Although the Raptor II lias only a single processor, with 32 MB of RAM, it uses the 133-MHz MIPS R4600, a newer chip with 50% more processing power than the R4400 used in the original Raptor. That means it will render at about 75% of the speed of the original Raptor, as well as running the M IPS version of any Windows NT software at blinding speeds. Admittedly, there isn’t much Windows NT software available yet, but with Microsoft backing it heavily, and with its easy portability to the forthcoming 32-bit version of Windows, you can expect a flood of such software in the next couple of years. You can also expect a number of custom applications designed specifically for the Raptor, including Winlmages FX and Winlm- ages Moiph (from Black Belt Systems), Elastic Reality (from the former ASDG), Real 3D (Realsoft), Designer (the NT version of RIO by AT&T). Invisage (Byte by Byte), and QFX (Ron Scott). First-Class Fare Clearly, the Raptor is currently priced beyond the means of the casual user. You should, however, keep i his pricing.in some perspective. Professionals who are accustomed to paying $ 30,000 to $ 100,000 for such a powerful workstation are apt to look on the system as a bargain. For these users, the Raptor will pay for itself after only a few jobs. More importantly, however, you should not overlook the long-term trend for technolog)’ to become less expensive. Two years ago, the first Pentium workstations were also priced at over $ 10,000. Today, you can buy a comparable system for less than $ 2000. So it is not unreasonable to expect that the Raptor represents the average level of power that we can expect to enjoy in the not-so-distant future. For now, it is nice to know that although you may not require the power of the Raptor immediately, it is available should the need arise. ¦ Sheldon Lee man is a computer video consultant and instructor in the Detroit area. He is the author oj two hooks and countless articles covering the Amiga, and selves as Amiga Forum Manager on National I ideotex Network. Write to him c o .4 miga World Editor nil, PO Box 802, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458-0802. PERSONAL COM PL i ERS GIVE you instant gratification. So does fax. Just as you see almost instantly the results of your keystrokes on you r Amiga’s screen, fac- With the right equipment and the relevant “facts,’' you can turn your Amiga into a first- class fax setup that’s better, cheaper, and more convenient than a dedicated fax machine. O 7 simile machines deliver pages practically at the touch of a button. The two technologies are a natural blend, and understanding computer faxing and how to do it with your Amiga could save you the expense of buying a fax machine, or give you a belter-quality fax setup if your current fax equipment is anything less than the top of the line. The appeal of faxing lies in its convenience, speed, and low cost, not in the quality of its output, which, unlike that of photocopiers, varies only from poor to barely acceptable. Most fax machines use rolls of thermal paper that you have to cut into pages with scissors. The paper lecls funny, tends to curl up, and becomes quickly yellow or faded. The printing low-resoiution and jagg)- isn’t much better. The best machines output to plain paper using inkjet or laser technolog)-, and are capable of higher resolutions. If von use your Amiga and printer for faxing, however, the chances are that you already have the equipment to match the quality of these better fax machines. (Fur descriptions of products mentioned in this article. See the “Amiga Fax Products1' sidebar. For information on contacting the developers oj those products. See the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 60.) How Faxing Works To understand computer faxing, you have to know how faxing works in general. What happens when you send a fax between two fax machines is as follows: Von enter the fax number of the remote machine into your machine and feed into it the pages you want transmitted. The local machine dials the remote machine, the two connecting in the same way as do two modems. The local machine scans the pages slowly, creating a digitized version and sending it over the phone line. The remote machine converts the digitized version and prints out the data. When all pages are sent, both machines hang up. $ 1 y)a e Obviously, with dozens of manufacturers of fax machines, a standard was needed so that they could all communicate with one another. Almost all fax machines worldwide now incorporate what is known as the Group 3 standard. (There were earlier Group I and Group 2 standards, and if you really have to, you can use most Group 3 fax devices to [slowly] send or receive f rom one of the obsolete machines. There is a Group standard, but it requires digital phone lines | ISDN] and so is currently of limited use.) ? Group 3 machines scan at a resolution of203x98dpi (clots per inch) in normal mode or 2()3x 196dpi in “line" mode. Their images are compressed and transmitted at 9(509 bps (bits per second). Mence, an
8. Jx 11 -inch page iilled primarily with text typically takes about 30 seconds to transmit in normal mode. !;ine»mode transmission about doubles the time. W I (i A An extension to the Group 3 standard. Group 3bis, provides lor transmission at 14,4kbps (thousand hits per second) and a resolution ol'’up to 406x 19(klpi. The higher resolution mode is not much in use. Hut IS
14. 4kbps transmission mode is becoming common. Obviouslv, the faster speed quickly offsets in phone- hill savings the cost of the faster modem. (If you have a device capable of 14.4kbps. von can still send faxes at the slower 9.(5kbps speed.) Other than when purchasing and setting up a tax device, von don’t really have to worry about the derails of all of these standards. Fax machines automatically negotiate die highest speed at which they can connect. You need to know only that fine mode means you’ll spend more lime on the phone; otherwise, the standard doesn’t matter. If you choose to send a lax in hue mode and the machine on the other end does not support it. Your machine will automatically liill hack to normal mode. How Computer Faxing Works Because fax machines send digital data over phone lines, computers can naturally get in on the act. Most new computer modems include fax capabilities (the standards used are dillerent, even for connecting at identical speeds). II you have such a modem, you can take advantage ol its built-in lax feature just by adding fax software in the same wav vou use ter- O > * initial software to take advantage of the data aspect of vour modem. You can display received faxes on screen, or you can output them on vour system’s printer. You can also send faxes direcllv from an application rather than first printing them out. A on can even scan a document for transmission with your fax modem. All current fax data modems support Group 3 faxing, Some ma support only 9.6kbps* but many support 14.4kbps. What really distinguishes between GPFax 2.346 GPSoft S70 (street price) GPFax is the best-established Amiga fax software, h has undergone continuous revision since 1991, making it a powerful, flexible, and reliable package. The latest version works with just about any Class 1 or 2 fax modem, and can take advantage ol most of their special features. If vou want to use Supra As silent-answer feature or a Class r-wifmgfw. Tralian company). Therefore, when you use GPFax to send text output. The destination fax may alternate full and very short pages. The war around this is always to use GPFax’s printer device and to print from another application in order to send a lax. Excellent technical support is available directly from the programmers at GPSoft In phone, fax, e-mail, or CseXet. Some support is also available f rom Supra, at least lor copies bundled with the company's modems. TrapFax 1.0 Distributed in the US by Expert Sendees S100 (street price) Released last fall, this newcomer is sure to start a healthy main with GPFax. While ii doesn't have all of GPFax's polish and line touches, it does have most of the same major features. True, TrapFax does not have Arexx support, nor does it support Class I modems; manual faxing capability also seems to he missing. I low- cver. Like GPFax, it does allow faxes to be scheduled lor sending Default Text font nSFT«;fonf "I SIIS I neon' Outgoing iraxftunu* TfraxSeooI If «aDr interf! Axftnwer TFSFIiT Lgif ImpUtK J3DJ thon, rt m asa J J fieeice (wrul.iteintt | j l Onit ft 1* t Bd IT Ib | I 1 i I The GPFax user interface is simple and easy to use, with all options just a mouse-click away. 1 modem. GPFax is your only choice. It now comes us a single disk and uses Installer to install the correct options for your modem. It also lias extensive Arexx support. The program provides a single- screen. Point-and-click user interface, which, while* nonstandard like the old ADPro, is simple and easy to use. My one complaint about GPFax is that ii uses A4 paper longer than 8.5x1 I as its standard size (GPSoft is. Of course, an Aus0 1 W19* law tranneni_ Default Fax Header Details Untangitole Hawcfacfu| rrgnmsa-mj " Urrlal.device""I I l~~l i i - OQ TrapFax employs a Workbench-style interface with numerous drawers and icons. Outgoing |Harh:tf«pf« OutjoiM Inconing fHorlc: rraefaa Incanipj" Sent tMorfciTrapFax Sent
- Vv I Man*, nntanqfbla Atsets Hannfactu | llodm Inti [ J Mode* Dial E l„ loq_f , Ir «r»r J Ran Olak M| liSFh E*anpT57txt ten screen f an Jo in TfaxVlrw TrapFaxTtog PI IrwlM PrrrN“fnt*j 01 Irapf»x 20 X nrmher 1994 them is whether they have a Class I, Class 2, or CAS interface. (CAS, a standard incompatible with Amiga fax software, is used by Intel modems and a few others.) Just as terminal software uses the AT command set for data modems to dial and to set options, fax software needs an interface for fax modems. Class 1 and Class 2 are international standards for fax-specific AT commands. Class I uses a small command set and forces the computer to do quite a bit of work in real time during faxing. Most fax modems that don’t indicate their type use the Class 1 standard. Class 2 uses a much larger command set, so that the modem demands less of the computer. For Amigas, this is an important consideration. Because serial overrun is a classic problem on the Amiga, anything is welcome that makes response to the serial port less critical. While the cheapest fax machines cost more than $ 200, with good ones going for much more, a good fax data modem can be had for under SI 50 and is useful for a lot more than faxing. Hence, economics strongly favors computer faxing. Sending Faxes Computers excel at sending faxes. Attach a fax modem, plug it into the phone line, install your fax software, and away you go. Most fax software is capable of redirecting printer output so that when you print from an application, the output can go out as a fax rather than to the printer. This saves time and paper, and produces higher-qualily faxes. By skipping the scanning done by a fax machine, you eliminate smudges, smears, and other marks or errors f rom the process. The exact method of sending faxes from external applications differs slightly from one fax software package to another, but the basic idea is the same. You start the fax software and indicate that you want printer output sent to the lax instead. Once you've done so, everything sent to the Preferences printer by any application (word processor or paint program, for example) goes to the fax software instead of the printer. (An exception is if you have a PostScript printer, in which case you must be sure to print in graphics mode or to the Preferences printer rather ? At a later time, printer capture for (axing from other applications, log files, and flexible viewing of faxes on screen. TrapFax’s interface is based on a Workbench drawer containing several programs, each of which handles a different task, such as viewing faxes or setting up to receive incoming faxes. I found this interface more difficult to use, but I saw several clear advantages for some advanced applications. For example, handling faxes on a network of Amigas looks much easier with TrapFax than with any other Amiga software. Expert Sen ices provides courteous telephone, mail, and fax support in the US, as well as a mail address for the software’s authors in Germany. (See “Reviews,” Aug. ’94, p. 14. Tor a full review of TrapFax.) AmigaFax C-fiorn Software Shareware, S50 I his shareware package has many of the same major features as the above two commercial programs. Its documentation does not indicate that it supports Class I modems, so presumably it supports only Class
2. It has special support forTeX, however, making it especially well- suited for some programmers. Unlike GPFax and TrapFax, AmigaFax does not use the standard IFF FAXX form for its data files. Also unfortunate is the lack of a
2. 0-style user interface. For those on a budget or using TeX, however, AmigaFax might be a good alternative. El Cheapo Fax Freely distributable Just as the name says: The bare minimum to send and receive faxes with your Amiga and a Class 2 fax modem. Nothing is automatic. No phone book, no scheduling, nothing. You can use a special Preferences printer driver to create fax files as output from other applications, but you must then send that file on your own. You cannot directly view faxes, but must convert them to IFF for display. The interface is CLI-only, but there is a shareware add-on package called ECFax Enhancer that provides a GUI (Graphical User Interface). Flic English documentation for ECFax Enhancer is difficult to read, though Fm sure the French is much better. If your budget lias you choosing between dinner and software, you might get by with El Cheapo Fax. Otherwise, choose the commercial programs. Their luxuries are well worth the price. PhonePak VFX GVP $ 300 (street price) flie PhonePak is a voice-maiFfax-management solution, but does not include a data modem. The hardware is compatible only with its own (included) software. Basically, PhonePak is a fancy answering machine that records incoming messages as standard Amiga IFF sound files. Its voice-mail capabilities, however, arc sophisticated, offering you a wide variety of options for handling incoming calls. PhonePak also automatically detects and receives fax-machine calls, and it can combine a lax and a voice message in a single file. In addition, it offers a number of options for managing ouLgoing faxes, including a provision for sending faxes directly from applications programs. (For a review of PhonePak VFX, see Feb. ’93. P. 24.) FaxPak Teledisk Systems $ 299. While not an Amiga-specific solution, this is a valuable if little- known piece of hardware. It turns your computer s printer into a plain-paper fax (receive only). It has a small, attractive case that houses fax-receiving hardware, phone in and out. Parallel in and out. And serial in and out. It also functions as a printer switch (you can hook one computer to the serial in and one to the parallel in. And they both print to the printer connected to the parallel or serial out). It stores up to 40 pages of faxes received while the printer is off or offline, (i.e., out of paper). The interface is a bit trying (you must call the box from a touch- tone phone to program it), but most people just need to set it once and then forget it. So that is tolerable. If you want printouts of all your incoming faxes, the FaxPak is a great way to go, DL ? Than to the serial or parallel port.) The fax software either creates a file in fax format or prompts you for the number to send the fax to. Once done faxing, you turn off the printer option in the fax software so that your applications can again use the real printer. L’nfortunately, die Amiga’s current standard oper- ating-system printer support doesn’t allow you to choose from multiple printers (or from fax or printer) at the time of printing. The wav vou configure Preferences and your fax software before you print defines where vour printout will go. If you forget to activate your fax software, your printer will be wasting paper before you realize vour error. In the bells-and-whistles department, fax software can provide some nifty options when you're sending faxes. Some programs can schedule the sending ol a fax. Choosing a time when phone rates are lower. Some can keep a large database of phone numbers and automatically send a single fax to many numbers. Finally, your software may keep extensive logs of when you sent faxes, where you sent them, and what they were. Programs even exist that can estimate the phone bill for sending your faxes! As far as system requirements go, a fairly minimal Amiga can send faxes. Some software can send straight
o u Several modems provide voice capability in addition to data and fax. These modems can digitize and compress audio from the phone in real time. Such a compressed data stream (at 19.2kbps, for example) can be spooled to disk by the computer and played back over the phone, modem speaker, or computer speakers. Modem brands that currently offer voice models include Dolphin, LineLink, and ZyXEL. Several freely distributable software packages exist that turn such a modem into a simple answering machine. AVM. An Amiga shareware software package, can use such a modem to create a fairly sophisticated voice-mail system and to receive faxes (using separate fax software). The CA P PhonePak also offers sophisticated voice-mail features. DL ? Ascii or IFF files from floppies on a 512K Amiga. A hard drive is better, though, and expanded memory to hold both the fax software and the application is necessary for faxing from an application. An accelerator shouldn’t be necessary with a Glass 2 fax modem, though vou might need one with a Class 1 modem. Also, if you use your computer to send faxes, you may want to have a scanner attached to your computer. In that way. You can even fax hand-written notes or other documents not already in your computer. It Is Easier To Give Than To Receive Once you receive a fax on your computer, you can leave it stored on your hard drive (perhaps in compressed form), display it on vour screen, convert it to IFF, or dump it to your printer. Getting it into your Amiga is the hard part. If you are going to set up your home or office to receive faxes, vou have manv decisions to make. Do vou 4 j * need a 24-hour automatic fax line? Do you mind picking lip the ringing phone only to discover that the call is for vour lax machine? Can you justify the added cost of a new phone line or distinctive ringing sen ice? Do you want to leave a computer running 24 hours a day? The simplest (and most expensive) thing to do is to have a dedicated phone line installed. Leave your computer with fax software and a fax modem turned on and attached to that line, and you can receive faxes automaticalIv, 24 hours a day. You just have to remember to kill the fax software before using your modem to dial our to BBSs, and to start the fax software again when you’re done. It is also possible to have a single line that shares fax and data. If you have a BBS. For example, you can set up most modems and software to detect whether a call is fax or data and to respond appropriately. And remember, il you don’t reallv need a dedicated line, vou can alwavs tell people to send faxes to you manu- allv by simph calling ahead first. You can also set up a voice line to receive faxes automatically 24 hours a dav. When von want some- j j thing for nothing, though, receiving faxes is complicated. There are a couple of options. When most sending fax machines finish dialing, they start sounding a tone on the phone line even- few seconds. This is a (AG tone, also called an Auto Fax Tone or (killing l one. It alerts any person or machine picking up the incoming call that a fax is on the way. To take advantage of this, you must have special hardware. Some Supra fax modems have a “silent answer” feature. When a call comes in. It is answered by a person or an answering machine (which you attach to the modem rather than to another jack). If the Supra detects CNG tones, it picks up the line (and cuts olf the answering machine); otherwise, it ignores the call. Someone detecting an incoming fax call just hangs up. Computer and officc- supplv stores also sell fax switches that detect CNG tones. And GVP’s PhonePak works well for sharing a line, as the answering machine is built in. Finally, most local phone companies provide a sendee called Distinctive Ringing (it has other names in some areas), which gives a single line two or more phone numbers. When a call comes in, a distinctive-ringing pattern indicates which number was called. Some modems can decipher these rings and respond only to certain ones. You can buy distinctive-ring decoder boxes from many computer and oflice-supply stores. These connect to the line and have several outputs, one for each distinctive-ring pattern. By plugging your fax into such a box, it will answer only fax calls. Faxing is convenient and becoming more widespread all the time, Data Fax modems are coming down in price and going up in speed (28.8kbps is now affordable for data modems). The software is getting more sophisticated and easier to use. With it. Your Amiga is a great way to send and receive high-quaiitv faxes. ¦ Dale Larson, formerh a software engineer in Commodore's Amiga Networking Croup, is now head of his own company. Intangible Assets Manufacturing, which specializes in Amiga communications products and consulting. His hook, Connect Your Amiga! A Guide to the Internet, LANs, BBSs and Online Services, is due oat later this year. Write him at I AM, 828 Ormond Ave., Drexel Hill, PA 19026, or via the Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org. AN MS-DOS MACHINE is essentially so different from an Amiga that to emulate it you either have to suffer with major compromises in functionality or virtually duplicate the guts of a PC inside your Amiga’s case. Not so with the Macintosh, though. Based on the same Motorola 680x0 processor series, the Macintosh and the Amiga speak the same basic language, and only a little translation is needed to bring the two computing worlds together. Compared to a real Mac or a 486 system, a Macintosh emulator is a relatively inexpensive way to run applications like Quark Xpress and Adobe PhotoShop on your Amiga. Comparative Evaluations of Popular Amiga Products A-Max IV vs. Emplant By Denny Atkin The first Macintosh emulator for the Amiga was ReadySoft’s A-Max. It did a great job of emulating an early black-and-white Macintosh Plus too good a job, actually, for it took over the Amiga entirely and allowed you to run only monochrome Macintosh software. While today’s version, A-Max IV, enables vou to run J M ac programs in full color, multitasking happily with your favorite Amiga applications, it was not the first to do so. That honor belongs to Utilities Unlimited’s Emplant board, which not only brings color Macintosh emulation to the Amiga, but also purports to be a jack- of-all-lradcs solution that will soon emulate everything from an IBM 486 to an Atari 800. Similar in concept, both products are designed for 68020-or-faster Ami gas equipped with Zorro II slots. (Neither one is usable on slotless Amigas like the A500 and A1200; the old A-Max II cartridge is your only choice for those machines.) They differ, however, in features, compatibility, price, and peripheral requirements. Let’s compare the two, highlighting those differences with the hope of helping you choose the best Macintosh emulator for your needs. A-Max IV A-MAX IV IS ACTUALLY an upgraded version of the A-Max II Plus board, an emulator that preceded Emplant to market by over a year but like the original A-Max supported only black-and-white and took over the entire Amiga. A-Max IV is available either as a stand-alone product or as an upgrade to the A-Max II Plus board, consisting of a replacement for one socketed logic chip on the board, a new program disk, and an updated manual. A-Max IV plugs into a Zorro II or III slot and includes a cable that attaches to your floppy drive. Before plugging in the board, you’ll need to install a set of 128K Macintosh ROMs pulled from a Mac 512K or Mac Plus. These are needed to boot the Macintosh operating system and should run you less than $ 150 from mail-order companies (dramatically less if you can find a used set on the online networks). You’ll also need a copy of the Macintosh System 7.0 or 7.1 I highly recommend 7.1 which you should be able to purchase from any Apple dealer. On the Amiga side, you’ll need at least a 68020 microprocessor, a hard drive, AmigaDOS 2.1 or later, and a minimum of 4MB of fast RAM (6MB is more reasonable, in view of the size of the Mac System 7). I also strongly recommend a high-density Amiga floppy drive, as many newer Macintosh appli-*- cations now ship on 1.44MB floppies. If you're running the emulator on an Amiga 2000 or 3000, you’ll also need a graphics card like die Picasso or Retina if’you want to use more than 10 colors on the Mac- in tosh screen. Peripheral Connections The back of the A-Max IV card sports two eight-pin mini-DIN ports that act as Macintosh-standard RS- 422 serial ports. You can connect Macintosh modems, printers, Local'Falk networks, and (with an adapter) MIDI devices to these ports. There are no drivers included, however, for using these ports as extra Amiga serial ports. A-Max IV uses your Amiga's built-in disk-drive controller for storage. Whereas earlier versions required special drivers for third-party SCSI controllers, A-Max IV uses the standard AmigaDOS device drivers and therefore should work fine with just about every .Amiga hard-disk controller. You can dedicate a partition on an Amiga hard drive lor Macintosh storage, create a virtual disk drive that's stored as a file on an Amiga partition (this is really too slow for everyday hard-drive use, but is handy for faking floppy disks), A-Max IV ReadySoft S499.95 Minimum system: 68020, 4MB fast RAM, Workbench 2.1, hard drive. Recommended system: 68030 or faster, 8-1 2MB 32-bit fast RAM, Workbench 2.04 or later, 24-bit video card, high-density floppy drive. Or plug a real Macintosh hard drive into your Amiga’s SCSI controller. (A-Max IV supports CD-ROM drives as well.) You can read Macintosh high-density disks directly while running the emulation. A-Max IV won’t read the old Macintosh BOOK low-densily format directly, but the included Disk Transfer program will copy the disks into a file that can be mounted as a fake disk while you’re running the emulation. While this isn’t as convenient as being able to read the disks directly, it beats Emplant, which requires additional hardware to reacl low-density disks. Screen Display You can display Macintosh video on any screen mode supported by the graphics chips in your Amiga up to 800x600 in 256 colors on the Amiga 4000. You can o get 24-bit displays or higher resolutions using an addon video card; A-Max IV supports the Picasso II, Retina, and Gf xBase cards. A unique feature is the ability to open large, scrollable virtual screens. To run QuarkXpress, I regularly use a 720x1024-pixel screen that lets me scroll to the bottom of a full-page document much more quickly than by using the scroll bars on a standard 480-line screen. The Macintosh is unique in that it supports simultaneous display on multiple monitors; A-Max supports this as well. If you have two monitors and a graphics card, you could, for example, place all your PhotoShop tools on a fast, four-color screen on the Amiga side and the picture you're editing on the slower, 24-bit Retina display on a second monitor. You do not. However, need a graphics card or multiple monitors to take advantage of this feature; instead, you can open multiple screens on the Amiga monitor in different resolutions and color depth and easily move between them. A-Max File Transfer can copy individual files or entire directories between Amiga and Mac hard disks. Text and PostScript options translate text line endings for the appropriate computer, while the less useful MacPaint translation option converts between MacPaint pictures and two-color IFF images. Finally, MacBinary translation allows you to transfer Mac files you’ve downloaded using Amiga terminal programs to the Macintosh side, using the MacBinary information to make sure the Mac’s information forks are retained. Both A-Max IV and Emplant can transfer text between the Amiga and Mac sides of the computer using the system clipboard. Just make sure that the Finder is the active program on the Mac side, and you can copy and paste between your Macintosh software and any Amiga programs that use the standard system clipboard. Note that this capability’works only for text; graphics and other data can’t be transferred via the clipboard. Both products support Apple’ TalkLocal Fa Ik serial networking, but A-Max IV has the advantage of also supporting Ethernet through Commodore A2065- compatible SANA II networking cards. Eniplant AS MENTIONED ABOVE, Emplant is marketed as more than just a Macintosh emulator. By the time you read this. Utilities Unlimited hopes to have shipped its $ 100 486 emulator add-on for the board a software and logic upgrade that will let an Emplant- equipped Amiga run MS-DOS, Windows, and OS 2. Further down the line, UU has promised emulators for older computers such as the Commodore 64 and
128. Atari 800. And Apple IE For the purposes of this comparison, though, we’ll just look at the Macintosh emulat ion. Like A-Max IV, Emplant is a Zorro Ii card. The system requirements are similar: at least a 68020 processor, AmigaDOS 2.04, 4MB of fast RAM. A hard drive, and an open expansion slot. You’ll also need a copy of Mac System 7.1 and a 256K ROM chip from a Macintosh IE Iix. Or Hex. Originally, these chips were very expensive $ 250 and up but UU recently added support for first-generation Mac II ROMs without high-density floppy-drive support (Emplant adds its own support for these drives); these ROMs can be found for well under SI 00. I he board is available in four models: Basic, which includes just the emulation hardware; Option A. which adds two eight-pin, RS-422 Mac serial ports; Option
B. which acids a Macintosh-compatible SCSI controller; and Deluxe, which includes both serial and SCSI support, The extra options enhance the Amiga side, as well. Drivers are included for using the Emplant serial ports as extra Amiga serial ports and for mounting AmigaDQS devices on the SCSI controller. Emplant supports the Amiga serial and parallel ports for printer and modem connections if you don't select the serial option. The SCSI controller doesn't autoboot, so you won’t want to use it as your primary hard-disk controller. Also, at press time the SCSI controller had problems working with some Amiga 4000s, but IT assured me this would be lixetl by the time you read this. As with A-Max, for storage Emplant lets you use partitions on Amiga drives, special hard files on Amiga partitions, or dedicated Macintosh SCSI drives. Hie SCSI option is hardware-compatible with the SCSI controller in real Macintoshes, so it’s more compatible with fast-moving multimedia titles than A-Max’s Amiga SCSI support. While Emplant can read high-density Macintosh disks without problems, you’ll need to add a UU AMIA board and a real Macintosh disk drive to read low- density disks. Superior Video Support Emplant lias much better video support than A-Max
IV. In addition to Picasso and Retina, Emplant supports the A2410, ECS, Merlin, OpalVision, Piccolo, Rainbow 2 and 3, Retina Z3, Visiona, and Vivid video boards. Video updates are much faster than under A- Max, and they are dramatically more compatible. Whereas A-Max wouldn't run any of the games (Sim- Life, falcon MC, Spectre VR, E-LS, and Star Trek: 25th Anniversary) I threw at it, Emplant had no trouble with them at all. And while the above-listed video boards will generally speed screen output and add 24- bit support, even Emplant’s AGA video was last enough to play most of these games without the use of one of these boards. Like A-Max IV, Emplant supports multiple monitors and screens; it does not, however, support every screen mode, and it lacks A-Max IV’s ability to open large, scrolling virtual screens. File transfer has been greatly improved over early versions. The latest releases include the MultiOS file system, which lets you access Macintosh and MS-DOS disks directly from the Workbench and CLI. No more tedious moving of individual files from the Amiga to the Mac side just drag and drop. The current file-transfer options automatically handle MacBinarv and ASCII translation. A coming update will add provisions lor automatic file conversion upon copying, so you could, for example, automatically convert an ANIM5 animation into Quick l ime format as you copy it. Emplant falls behind A-Max IY in only two areas low-density disk support (mentioned above) and memory allocation. A-Max IV requires you to allocate about 2MB of RAM to the Macintosh side, and then dynAMIGAlly allocates lice memory as programs need it. By contrast, with Emplant you must set aside a certain amount of RAM exclusively for the Mac side as you i * launch the emulation. UU says this increases compatibility, but it means you may have to shut down the Mac- side, adjust the amount ol memory allocated, and relaunch the emulation if you need more RAM on the i Amiga side. The Final Score 111 ERE IS ONE group ol people for whom A-Max IV is the clear choice owners of earlier versions of A- Max. II you have A-Max I! Plus, for example, the upgrade to the full-color A-Max IV is very inexpensive. Even if you have an old A-Max cartridge, you’ll still get a discount on the A-Max IV purchase and you can reuse your old ROM chips. Also, if you’re primarily running productivity applications and working with large bitmaps or pages, A-Max IV’s virtual screens might increase your productivity enough to make it the emulator of choice. If you're starting from scratch, however, Emplant lias enough advantages to warrant serious consideration. Although both emulators perform at speeds similar to those of a Macintosh with the same type of microprocessor as your Amiga, Emplant has much faster video support. It is also much more compatible with games and multimedia titles, and it’s quite a bit faster in running math-based programs such as Excel. Of special note is Utilities Unlimited’s constant and consistent updating of the Emplant software. Releases with new features and bug fixes appear about once a Emplant Utilities Unlimited Basic Board, $ 279.95; Option A (two serial ports), $ 349.95; Option B (SCSI adaptor), $ 349.95; Deluxe (serial and SCSI), $ 399.95. Minimum system: 68020, 4MB fast RAM, Workbench 2.04, hard drive. Recommended system: 68030 or better, 8-12MB 32-bit fast RAM, Workbench 2.04 or later, 24-bit video card, high-density floppy drive, AMIA interface and Macintosh floppy drive. Month. The early bugs and complaints have all been addressed, but developer Jim Drew keeps adding new capabilities to the emulation. If you have a modem, the updates are available free-of-charge from UU’s BBS, and from the online networks for the cost of a download. A-Max IV was upgraded to fix A4000 compatibility problems, but no new versions have appeared since. ReadySoft offers telephone technical support. UU does as well, and it also oilers support on Genie, CompuServe, and the Internet, with the board’s developer checking in daily to answer user questions. If you have an earlier A-Max product, the A-Max IV upgrade makes a lot of sense, and will perform admirably for productivity applications. If you’re starting from scratch, though, Emplant offers the most compatible emulation and the promise of new capabilities to come. ¦ Denny Atkin is an associate editor at OMNI Magazine and author oj Denny Atkin's Best Amiga Tips and Secrets. Send your comments and suggestions to him via e-mail at Den nyAmiga@aoL com. CREATIVE NEC CDR-510 External CD-ROM Drive sag Triple Speed 5898 ASIM 2.0 CD-ROM Driver Titles included with purchase of CD-ROM (O.E.M.Version) Gold Fish Double CD Texture Heaven CD Do you have an A500 or A2000 and wish you could have a - --------- flicker free WorkBench? Maybe run your word processor, PageStream or spreadsheet without getting a headache!! ; Well, if you have the complete ; ECS chipset (2.04 ROM & SuperDENISE), you can with this - ----- _ monitor! Set your Preferences for Productivity Mode and ,..5* -- .g presto-chango no more flicker! All you will need is a Video Adapter ( 4727) C MM g
* 14” Phillips tube 5718
* 0.28mm dot pitch
• Full OverScanning means no black borders
• Supports all new modes including Super 72 ? 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee This is the cheapest flicker fixer ever NEC CDR-210 o External CD-ROM Drive Double Speed C:h ney «rj Multi-session PhotoCD, XA Compatible SCSI Interface, 300KB sec, transfers 320ms access, 640KB buffer Line & Headphone outputs for audio Cds Tray-loading (caddy-less) design WALNUT CREEK r* visions CD-ROM Y Th s CD-RCM has c collet* cr- cl over iCO photograph* from the prefe-red stock , photoarchives. All images arc royalty-free end come in 640* 4fiQ end 600x800 I resolutions cctegcriied into subjects as varied as animals, art, backgrounds, 9B-R churches, fractal images, holidays, plants, Eastern and Western U S seosons, still rj£ lifes, raytraees. This is a great sauce for image Cj jm C) ¦¦¦¦¦ materialll AI imoges m GIF format dV-L I Travel Adventure CD-ROM I Tim CD-ROM has 395 photographs from around the world1 Includes a 16- Pa9L‘- full-color booklet with thumbnails of each photo* GIF formats are large
- I & small, TIFF format is 2 J-8it quality at 102.4 x 7681! A first-rate collection from the US, Ireland. Austria, Germany, Caribbean islands, also includes stunning mountains, beaches, coves, surf cr.d citiesl( $ no95 mam
- -:r.r, | All images royalty-free and very high quality STERLING CONNECTION $ 5 $ 95 $ 39 95 5845 Titles included with purchase of CD-ROM ASIM 2.0 CD-ROM Driver (O.E.M.Version) Gold Fish Double CD Texture Heaven CD NEC CDR-21 0 Internal CD-ROM Drive with software bundle 2S99 199 5847 5846 QuickForms CD-ROM w Fonts & ClipArt This is the ultimate CD-ROM for business 125 ready-made page layouts for PageStream 1.8, 2.0 .1 .2 including fegal documents, business letters, page layouts, animation cue sheets, flyers, video production planners, music sheets and many more... 5,300 clip art images, 550 Type 1 fonts (with AFM files), 190 GIFs, 160 GDOS, 140 DMF fonts, 230 CFN (Calamus fonts), 722 EPS (postscript clip art), 700 business letters in TXT (ASCII format), 110 spreadsheet templates! Includes printed graphic representations of fonts and artwork. Now you can pick clip art or a font without loading it first! ORDER HOTLINE 800-872*8882 Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon. ¦ Frf 6am lo 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm (PST) Order Status 310-787-4520 Mon. - Fri Sam to Spm Sat. 9am to 4pm $ 95 Accelerator for the Amiga 3000 & 4000 5877 5 5 5 745 DDDD $ 95 149 5777 Nova Designs Cinemorph With any purchase from Creative Computers get Cinemorph
- Full Version. The easiest morphing package on the Amiga! Support HAM-E, DCTV, AGA, IV24, Animation support. Nova Designs Image FX vl .5 Complete painting tools, real-time WYSIWYG preview, alpha channel, regionalized processing, edge feathering, brushes, RGB masking and more! FREE EGS imageFX
vl. 5 & Tutorial Video 14 4391 3028T with '040 Chip w SCSI 2, 0KB [this version is for A3000 towers only and allows you to have up to 1 28MB of RAM!) *899,s 4028 w o '040 Chip w SCSI 2, 0KB ... *759” 4028 with '040 Chip w SCSI 2, 0KB ... *899” 4040 with '040 40MHz Chip w SCSI 2,0KB $ 1 399” Limited Time Special All 28MHz Warp Engines w 040 CPU's s849” MacroSystem Development Vlab Motion System w Toccata Board ware than any other board on the market! Very fast!! 1924 5811 5848 5780 Retina Z2 with 4mb video ram $ yi IQ95 1 ,7 4988 Retina Z3 V-Code Video Encoder Module * T C rad composite output - S6995 5868 Retina 1084 Cable Use your 1084 monitor with your Zll or Zlll cord! _ S2995 5871 Retina Version 2.2 Software Upsnale your Z2 tod! *19” 5791 Retina Z3 with 4mb video ram 32-Bit cord for A3000(T), A4000, includes AGA emulation, 16 & 24-Bit WorkBench emulation. Retargets more soft- * - ware than any other rt,. Lm.i Wt* M 5772 Non-linear editing system for the A2000, 3000(1), A4000 Featuring a real-time video digitizer, YUV 4:2:2 square pixel quality output, hardware scaling, genlock with chroma keying, Y C and composite in & out, does not require a TBC! Uses Toccata for 16-Bit audio, complete Arexx support. Includes MovieShop editing software w special effects and character generation! Real-time JPEG compression, direct-to-disk recording and playback, 60 fields per second broadcast quality output! Great animation recorder plays back in 24-Bit, real-time. Includes Toccata Card. Vlab Y C Digitizer.. s42395 1 nn$ 100 195 Vlab Y C External.. *437” (A1200 A500) Toccata 16-Bit Audio Card $ 43495 Fulf 16-Bil audio digitizer with 3 stereo inputs, 1 microphone input, 1 stereo output. Digitizes up to 48KHz direct to hard disk, special feature - on-board mixer and ADPCM compression. ADPCM compression allows digitizing at 32KHz direct to a floppy disk & playback from that floppy. Includes acclaimed SEKD's software package Samplitude; allows editing of up to 10 visible samples at a time with mixed frequency rates! Supports AIFF, MAUD, 8SVX sound formats, Arexx support. 1 medioA produces | 5888 5870 89 5849 5709 5848 The best of public domain and shareware; over 600MB of material. Comes with database program to find specific titles, done by Fred Fish personally. Aminet Gold Sept. 1994 NEW CD-ROM. *1 993 Sept Oct 1994 Edition CD-ROM ...$ 1 993 July August 1994 Edition CD-ROM *1 993 Gold Fish 1*1000 uncompressed CD-ROM .*1993 Frozen Fish 1-1000 BBS-ready CD-ROM ....$ 1 9” AMIGA LIBRARY SERVICES FRED FISH CD'S ORDER HOTLINE Easy Mac Amiga File Transfers Software solution to transparently access Apple Macintosh files. Read and write to any high-density floppy (on Amigas with high-density drives), hard drives, removable media and even CD-ROM drives (read only). Includes MaxDOS Mounter, a simple-to-use program that will search a specific SCSI drive for Mac, Emplant or A-Max partitions and mount them immediately or create custom files JC which will allow easy mounting 9 Tir automatically every time you boot. Requires WorkBench 2.04 or higher MaxDOS v2.0 Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours; Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm Sat. Sam to 5pm (P5T) _ EGS 28 24 SPECTRUM Go Beyond AGA Graphics A1230 Turbo+ SERIES II NEW! The next generation of the A1230 Turbo+. 40Mhz 68030, real-timeclock, 4MB RAM expandable to 32MB RAM. Makes your AI 200 faster than a A30Q0! Exclusive Kickstart Remapping. 50MHz w MMU c 4MB RAM . $ 549* 5535 A1291 SCSI KIT s89 5536 with this real-time, 24-Bit, true-color graphics enhancement card. Programmable resolutions up to 1 600 x 1280! 800 x 600 in 24-Bit! Includes o custom display pass-through cable for single monitor , _ _ _ use. Many applications are ready to E run and it includes the acclaimed EGS oM *9 PafNT vl.2 as a bonus, too! Bring workstation power to your AMIGA! M 388 5309 TBCPlus A4000 G-Force 040 =gvp: With 4MB RAMI Now you can accelerate your AMIGA 4000 and expand the RAM in one product! The GVP G Force 040 is 40MHz, and will expand to 32MB RAM onboard. PLU5: You can add an optional SCSI II ond or RAM Adapter Board. NO ZORRO SLOT TAKEN!! Compatible with A3000, Newtek Video Toaster, Centaur OpalVision, GVP EGS Spectrum, Retina, and Picasso II Professional quality, all-digital time base corrector with real-time frame grabber and
16. 7 million color frame buffer PLU programmable video special effects! $ 95 595 95 999 5359 5660 Comb Filter Option Clean up composite for Y C output; fix cross color. S8995 Frame RAM Option 1MB extra Frame RAM; improves special effects. 5189” GVP G-Force A2000 Accelerators G-Force 040 33MHz G-Force 68030 40MHz 4MB RAM with $ _ = **>-95 BPPPI math coprocessor Accelerator* tail batch ol these classic A2000 $ 598 5562 5563 3843 PhonePak m. External Genlock for the Amiga LOCK Bring live video, audio and Amiga graphics together on ANY Amiga! Built-in transcoder to convert input video to composite, Y C, RGB or YUV outputs! Full AGA support! A complete ; voice mail i system for your Amiga! €>4008 SCSI Works with A20001
2. 0 If you would like to have automated, scheduled, time date stamped voice mail and foxes with unlimited mail boxes, the ability to fax from any program that prints, call in remotely, and more, get PHONE PAK VXF 2.0 Bring the world of SCSI into reach! Hook up to CD-ROM, Bernoulli drives, etc.,. Add up to 7 devices to your Amiga and smile! You can even add up to 8MB RAM ond mount a 3.5” drive on card! $ 298 95 4526 OpalVision Main Board The core unit of the modular OpalVision system. A true RGB, 24-Bit frame buffer, it operates in any Amiga with a video slot. It allows smooth fading of pictures, color-cycling effects, and smooth, double buffered 24-Bitanimation. Includes connectors to the Video Processor and Scan-Rate Converter TBC (optional modules). Includes a wealth of software such as OpalPaint, widely regarded as the best 24-Bit paint program on the Amiga; OpalAnimMATE, plays 24-, 16- and 12-Bit animations at up to 60fp$ and OpalPresents!, an icon- driven presentation slide show program. _ m 5 Algorithmic textures take up very little RAM and look incredible!!! Over 100 of them and compatible with the included program Forge. Forge is a stand alone, revolutionary surface designer! Load and display any Essence texture or attributes in reaf-time. Interactive edit and preview in color & animatabie windows. Forge con render and produce ontialiased image maps in IFF 2 PEG and TIFF, usable in Lightwave, Real 3D, Caligari, Aladdin 3 aymation or any video applications or multimedia presentations. FREE Magic Lantern Animation software with every purchase of OpalVision Main Board from Creative Computers! $ 399 Forge and Essence Volume 2 ..*89« _ _ __ Over 65 new textures with real cooo 5ft35 world look and feel! 5838 FI JOOJ ORDER HOTLINE Canada 800-548-2512 Order Status 310-787-4520 Order Hours: Mon* - Fri 8am to 5pm Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 8am to 5pm % m Jm 99 jam Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm Sat. Sam to 5pm (PST) Sat. 9am to 4om Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm Sot. Sam to 5pm (P5T) Sat. 9am to 4pm When Your Image Is On The Line a yy [mageFX is the only image processing software package you will ever need for your Amiga...period. This phenomenal program comes with a complete array of professional 24-bit paint tools and unsurpassed special effects. When you're up against a deadline, you don't have time to second guess. ImageFX gives you total control of the creative process with the fastest and easiest to use interface on the market. When your image is on the line, you can't afford to make a mistake. Your image processor has to have all the tools an image processor should have. ImageFX lets you see your images as you work on them. Provides virtual memory for virtually unlimited image sizes. Supports framegrabbers and scanners, Supports Retina 16 and 24-Bit WorkBench Emulation Modes. Paints in fulf color, even emulating traditional media such as charcoals and watercoiors. Supports dozens of image file formats. Other packages? They either can't do it, or you'll pay extra to get it. They stand still while ImageFX continues to grow and improve. Dramatically. ImageFX 2.0 sets a new standard of quality for graphics manipulation on the Amiga. When your image is on the line, don't settle for less. Step up to the best. Step up to imageFX 2.0, For a complete list of features in imageFX 2.0 call the Nova Design support line at (804) 282-6528. 5 5887
* 249® Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri dam to 6pm Sal. Sam to 5pm (PST) 800-872-8882 ORDER HOTLINE 5498 5814 NEC 3XP MULTISPIN PORTABLE ..... 439.95 TOSHIBA XM4101B-S INTERNAL CDROM X2 SPIN, 300MS, XA, MULTISESSION, MCICDA ...269.96 NEW - TRAVEL ADVENTURE CDROM ...29.95 NEW - VISIONS CDROM ...24.95 TEXTURE HEAVEN CD-ROM ...... 19.95 TEXTURE HEAVEN 2 CDROM .... 54.95 M1RCOR R&D CD-ROM VOL 1 ...49.95 MICRO R&D CD-ROM VOL 2 NATURES BACKDROPS COLLECTION ...49.95 MICRO R&D CD-ROM VOLUME 3 ....19.95 TEXTURE CITY CD-ROM AMIGA , PC, MAC 59.95 QwiKFORMS CDROM W FONTS & CLIPART ....39.95 CLIP ART WAREHOUSE ...... 18.95 SYNDESIS 3D-ROM VOL. 1 ... 95.95 SYNDESIS 3D-ROM VOL 2 95.95 AVALON INTERNET OBJECT COLLECTION ..39.95 SUPERFONTS OVER 1000 TYPE 1 POSTSCRIPT FONTS .....19.95 ULTIMATE MOD COLLECTION ....20.95 LANGUAGE OS CD-ROM .. 19.95 SPACE & A5TRONOMY CD-ROM .....19.95 SUPER SPACE CDROM 19.95 ELYSIAN ARCHIVES .. 19.95 PROJECT GUTENBURG 19.95 The Largest Amiga products dealer in the World!! 5876 5875 5317 5852 5798 5799 5863 4377 5845 5269 5616 5864 5865 5727 5018 5316 5453 5782 TM CREATIVE ANIMATION 3D RENDERING SOFTWARE 5822 LIGHTWAVE 3D VERSION 3.5 STANDALONE...... ......498.95 5857 PIXEL 3D PROFESSIONAL VERSION 2.0 . ......189.95 5793 NEW IMAGINE 3.0 .... ..... 349.95 5506 WAVEMAKER .....159.00 5318 WAVELINK ... 99.95 5673 DYNAMIC MOTION MODULE . ..... 119.95 5588 SPARKS NEW VERSION 2.14 ...... ..... 129.95 5310 MAGIC LANTERN VERSION 1.5 .. MHM,r .37.95 5075 HUMANOID FOR IMAGINE .. ..... 145.95 5076 HUMANOID FOR LIGHTWAVE .... ..... 145.95 5271 INTERCHANGE PLUS 3.0 .. ..... 104.95 5085 REAL 3D NEW VERSION V2.47 ... ..... 399.00 5123 SCENERY ANIMATOR 4.0 49.95 AUDIO HARDWARE & SOFTWARE 5780 TOCCATA 16 BIT AUDIO CARD (INSTOCK!) . ......429.95 5657 WAVETOOLS 16 BIT AUDIO CARD .... ......369.95 4516 SUNRIZE AD-516 16 BIT AUDIO CARD .. .... 1174,95 5624 MEGALOSOUND 8BIT SAMPLER . .39.95 5720 DIGITAL SOUND TRACK ... 54.95 4689 ONE STOP MUSIC SHOP .. ..... 558.95 5796 BARS AND PIPES PROFESSIONAL 2.5 1 SEQUENCING ON THE AMIGA!!! . ¦•.....• ......228.95 4759 SUPERJAM 1.1 .... MUSIC COMPOSITION TOOL ...... .... .... 78.95 CD-ROM DRIVES 5273 63205 NEC 3XE MULTISPIN EXTERNAL .... 489.95 5502 NEC 3X1 MULTfSPIN INTERNAL 454.95 Full version of Blue Ribbon SoundWorlcs Bars&Pipes v2.5with an included Noahji's Toccata module. Record or playback stereo 16-Bit audio in conjuction with your MIDI tracks and use Mix Maestro for completly automated mixdown. Cue commands to Toccata software on the Media Madness timeline or trigger them live via MIDI events Finally, affordable MIDI sequencing locked to digital audio! Now, for less than the price of any audio board on the market, you get this winning combination!! £ 5897 Link It! SFX CD-ROM Sound Effects Library Vol.l Includes 300 effects in digital and standard CD-Audio formats. 8- and 16-Bit Mono Stereo versions. Includes Amiga software for converting to standard IFF and searching for sounds. Manufactured by Sound ideas - the World's largest producer of commercially available sound effects! Now you can link your machine to others for fast file transfer using a high-speed parallel cable (12' long) you con transfer files AMIGA to IBM, Amiga to Amiga, or IBM to IBM. Copy files from any drive or device. Convert ILBM files to PCX on the fly, without o separate program. Conversion modules upgradecble to support new formats, graphics, text, etc... Automatically adjust filenames to conform to eoch platform. Automatically adjust filnames to conform to each platform. Supports Arexx & Multiface ll lll & GVP I O Extender. $ 4995 25 95 5069 Invoice It! Powerful business management and invoicing. $ 3395 5879 5862 GigaMem Virtual Memory for the Amiga. NEW Version! 5ped-up support for LightWave and Real 3D, better '040 support. CanDo V3.0 OmftTRONICS A Great Multimedia Authoring Package. Upgraded dramatically! Program rewritten from the ground up!! $ Directory Opus 4.1 & Edge Bundle This includes the must-have, 1 Directory Utility on the Amiga and the easiest- to-use text editor. $ 0095 Limited Time! JVM I IV. K $ 298* 88 95 5896 5894 4463 ORDER HOTLINE Canada 800-548-2512 Order Status 310-787-4520 Q Jl||4 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 8am to 5pm m Mm wV Won. - Fri 6am fo 6pm Sal. 8am to 5pm (PST) Sat. 9am to 4pm Creates amazing 3D effects for video and interactive productions, using Lightwave 3.1 or higher for the highest quality rendering. Use captured or generated images from any source. If you have a Personal Animation Recorder and TBC IV, you can grab video quickly and easily for full motion video effects.
• Effects that parallel the quality of an Abekas or Pinnacle system that cost 515,000 to 550,000. Synergy International Hollywood FX
• Dozens of effects including multiple full motion video windows, 3D morphing transitions, particle effects and more.
• Hollywood FX gives you to ability to batch render both Hollywood FX transitions and your own Lightwave scenes.
• PAR users get the added benefit of being able to map video or animated sequences directly onto objects in their Lightwave scenes without exporting first to a large hard drive. Hollywood FX exports an unlimited number or sequences from the PAR as needed.
• Post processing with the Art Dept. Professional provides users with unique rotoscoped effects (e.g. processing video through the oil paint or fresco operators). Also allows batch conversion for playback of effects or animations at HAM and 256 screen resolutions.
• New libraries of effects will be available on a regular basis. Complete control over effects length and rendering parameters. With the upcoming release of version 1.5, you can enter Lightwave for complete control over effects!!! Look for other useful products coming from Synergy International! GENLOCKS CLEARANCE SECTIONS LIMITED QUANTITIES 4726 A3640 COMMODORES 68040 ACCELERATOR FULL 040 25MHZ W MATH CO & MMU *¦ A3000T ONLY . 599.95 6879 SUPERGEN GENLOCK ... . 395.95 2088 COMMODORE A2088D XT BRIDGECARD ... 29.95 COMUNICATIONS 5805 PRACTICAL PERIPHERALS 14.4K FAX MODEM EXTERNAL MINI-TOWER W CABLE W SOFT .
139. 95 5675 GP FAX SOFTWARE FOR CLASS 1 & 2 .49.95 DESKTOP PUBLISHING SOFTWARE 5792 INEW INSTOCK! PAGESTREAM 3.0 .... .229,95 5874 NEW -TYPESMITH VERSION 2.5 ...
119. 95 5380 FARGOPRIMERA COLOR PRINTER 110V .... ......757.95 5457 FARGO PRIMERA COLOR PRINTER 220V ...
649. 95 PRIMERAPRO COLOR 600 X 300 DPI .. ... 1599.95 5699 MIGRAPH MSI 200 FLATBED SCANNER .....
889. 95 5700 MIGRAPH MS2400 FLATBED SCANNER ..... ....1097.95 4978 STUDIO PRINTER SOFTWARE ...
55. 95 5885 STUDIO DS PRINTER SOFTWARE INCLUDES FARGO DYE SUBLIMATION 24 BIT DRIVER...
129. 95 WITH THE PURCHASE OF A FARGO PRINTER ONLY .... .99.95 GAMES f 5880 DETROIT AGA .. $ 43.95 5881 DETROIT .. $ 42.95 5882 ; populous m .. .....$ 29.95 5883 SIM CLASSICS: INCLUDES SIM CITY, SIM UFE, SIM ANT ...... .$ 42.95 5790 HEIMDALL 2 (NO Al 200'S)
35. 95 IMPOSSIBLE MISSION 2025
35. 95 5818 MPOSSIBLE MISSION 2025 AGA ..
36. 95 5705 TOTAL CARNAGE AGA ... 33.95 5748 BENEATH A STEAL SKY
38. 95 5749 DARKMERE ......
33. 95 5645 LIBERATION CAPTIVE 2 AGA
33. 95 5643 SECOND SAMURAI ....
33. 95 5644 SECOND SAMURAI AGA ..
33. 95 5489 CANNON FODDER .....
38. 95 5524 STAR TREK 25TH ANIV. AGA ...
39. 95 5518 SETTLERS ....
34. 95 5344 HIRED GUNS ....
34. 95 5488 MORTAL KOMBAT 36.00 5470 BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL
35. 00 SUPERGEN SX GENLOCK .. 659.95 5387 4526 5358 5611 5638 4348 5164 5442 5806 4893 5752 5676 5206 GVP G-LOCK GENLOCK ... 295.95 GVP G-LOCK GENLOCK PAL VERSION .....395.95 GRAPHICS ART DEPARTMENT PRO V2.5 .. 138.95 ART DEPARTMENT CONVERSION PACK V2.5 ....49.95 ASDG MORPH PLUS .... 99.95 ASDG PRO. CONTROL 49.95 TREXX PROFESSIONAL 2.15 .... 116.95 NEW BRILLIANCE 2.0 . 79.95 VISTA PROFESSIONAL 3.0 49.95 DISTANT SUNS 5.0 ... 49.95 IMAGE MASTER R T VERSION 1.5 .....69.95 MULTIFRAME FOR ADPRO .. 72.95 MULTILAYER FOR ADPRO OR IMAGEFX CALL GVP Accessories 2767 GVP 4MB SIMM 60NS PAGE MODE
214. 95 5391 GVP 16MB SIMM - 60NS
999. 95 5503 I O EXTENDER EXTRA SERIAL PORT KIT .. ....18.95 HARD DRIVES NEW LOWER PRICING! SEAGATE HARD DRIVES 5350
3. 5" 528 MB IDE (PAR) (VERY FAST) .
419. 95 65270
3. 5;" 12MS 5T3550N 457MB FAST SCSI-2 ..
389. 95 65271
3. 5" 12MS ST5660N 545MB FAST SCSI-2 ..
479. 95 65272
3. 5" 9MS ST31200M 1GB SCSI -2 ... . 759.95 62994
3. 5" 9MS ST12400N HAWK 2 -2.1GB FAST SCSI-2 . 1369.95 SEAGATE BARRACUDA DRIVES 65274
3. 5" HH 8MS ST11950N 1.7GB FAST SCSI-2 .....
1399. 95 66104
3. 5" HH SMS ST12550N 2.1GB FAST SCSI-2 1499.95 65275
5. 25 FH 8MS ST410800N 8.6GB FAST SCSI -2 . ......4169.95 MICROPOLIS HARD DRIVES 1 63765
3. 5" 1.7GB SCSI-2 MODEL 2217AV
1129. 95 5515
3. 5" 1.6GB IDE MODEL 2217A (PAR BOARD) .... 1199.95 QUANTUM HARD DRIVES 1 64726
3. 5" 14MS 170MB SCSI LPS ..
179. 95 63196
3. 5" 11 MS 270MB SCSI 2 LPS ...
249. 95 63194
3. 5" 10MS 540MB SCSI 2 LPS ...
399. 95 5508
3. 5" 9.5MS 1.08 GB SCSI 2 EMPIRE SERIES . .699.95 65171
3. 5" 9.5MS 1.44 GB SCSI 2 EMPIRE SERIES
949. 95 65255
3. 5" 9.5MS 2.1 GB SCSI 2 EMPIRE SERIES .. ......1349.95 SYNDESIS 3D Objects in Lightwave, Imagine, WaveFront, and other Formats 3D-R0M Vol. 1 . SS995 580 Objects & 400 Texture Maps 5890 5891 5616 5892 3D-R0M Vol. 2 ___s8995 200 30 Objects on CD-ROM AH objtttf designed far UghtWowa, Imaglnt versions taming soon! 5893 872-8882 Interior Design I *37 j Over 50 Fernetere objects lor Living Room, Bedroom, Dining Room Interior Design II .....*37" Over 50 Fomtore objects for Krtchec sed Both Room Interior Design III *37" Over 50 Fanwtwt object! Far the Office Interior Construction ... *79“ Over 100 abjttn to trrali Room and bltttot hmroamttfs Homes .*. •«*•••••..»•*••»**• 79 4 Compltle Homes sized to be compatible with above design uti 5864 This is a compilation or a section ol Internet called Avalon designed for animators. Contains many 30 objects and other helpful animator programs. Hundreds of 3D objects in various formats, texture maps, conversion utilities, 3D source code, FAQs,file format specifications, and much more!! Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm Sat. Sam to 5pm = PST) 5865 REMOVABLE HARD DRIVES OPTICAL DRIVES 5147 IOMEGA THE BOX 150 BERNOULLI EXT. W CART ......549.95 Minimum $ 20 order vithin the U.S.A., $ 100 international. 24-hour Fax Order Line
(310) 222-5800 Prices valid through October 31, 1994 64243 VfVIDQUEST 270MB SCSI EXT. W CART ...549.95 64416 VIVIDQUEST 200MB SCSI 5 1 4" EXTERNAL DRIVE RW44 88 .579.95 61945 VIVIDQUEST 105MB SCSI EXT. W CART ...378.95 65593 VIVIDQUEST 88C SCSI. EXTERNAL W 0 CARTRIDGE ..299.95 64338 OCEAN VISTA V256 3.5" EXTERNAL REMOVABLE OPTICAL 849.99 64339 OCEAN 256MB 3.5 * MO CART SINGLE .....64.95 62619 IOMEGA 150MB 1PK CARTRIDGE ....97.95 61108 IOMEGA 150MB 3PK CARTRIDGE . 269.95 61381 IOMEGA 150MB 5PK CARTRIDGE .. 439.99 1906 44MB CARTRIDGE ...64.95 3304 88MB CARTRIDGE ... 69.95 61241 105MB CARTRIDGE .55.95 64417 200MB CARTRIDGE .79.95 64415 270MB CARTRIDGE ..69.95 MICE TRACKBALL JOYSTICKS 3741 MIC R&D SWIFTY 300 DPI 3 BUTTON MOUSE . ...25.95 5407 ALPHA DATA OPTICAL PEN M5E 300 DPI ...58.99 1416 TRACKBALL AMTRAC ......
59. 95 6149 ERGOSTICK JOYSTICK ..... .. 15.95 4445 TAC-30 JOYSTICK .... 9.95 4934 TAC-3 JOY5TICK .. .... 8.95 4447 Q-STICK JOYSTICK ... 95 MISC HARDWARE 5511 MULTIFACE III I O EXTENDER BOARD 2 HIGH SPEED 5ERIAL, 1 PARALLEL PORT . ,...88.95 5855 CD32 SX-1 EXPANSION MODULE . , 249.95 4500 EMPLANT DELUXE W SCSI W 2PORTS .... ,.339.95 5856 AMIA FLOPPY ADAPTER (FOR THE EMPLANT) ALLOWS YOU USE TO LOW DENSITY 800K DISKS WITH A REAL EXTERNAL MAC DRIVE ,...49.95 5853 EMPLANT IBM 486DX UPGRADE ... ,...97.95 1857 BIGFOOT 1200 & 600 & 500 PWR SPLY .. ....85.95 5036 BIGFOOT 2000 POWER SUPPLY .... , 139.95 5178 FAST LANE Z3 SCSI-2 W OK ZORRO III ... .469.95 45265 PICASSO II W 1MG .. . 449.00 5615 PICASSO II GRAPHIC5 CARD W 2MB ...... ..488.95 4229 MEGACHIP 500 2000 W AGNUS ... ..229.95 METRO ASIMW Features include automated scene creation of true 3D explosions (not flat polygon), 17 macros in* elude Shatter, Blowup, Swarm, Render Batch, Move Scene, Load from Scene, Smooth Velocity, Save Pivot, Focal Distance, Clone object & Surface and many more! 5852 5779 Imagemaster R t vl .5 A new image manipulation product Designed to replace Imagemaster and Image Professional. New features include unified filesaver, multiframe processor, Radial Wave, morph controls, Gaussian Blur, faster display, loads Toaster alphas, area select tools, tablet support, unlimited zoom and pan, "onionskin" compositions, Toaster framestore support, Online Help. Supports OpalVision, Firecracker, AGA. An image composition program that takes control of ToasterPaint. Allow you to quickly and easily arrange framestores or IFFs. Perfect for CG pages, multimedia, and video. Use one of 40 predefined templates or create custom beveled bars. Allows you fo batch process your finished framestores and IFFs in unlimited numbers. Includes FREE QuickBrush - Over 100 custom hi-res , 24-Bit brushes - Si 195 $ 69 value! V | i|i Black Belt Systems $ 6995 5794 Texture Heaven CDS1995 Over 500 Images in 24-Bit IFF format Texture Heaven CDS4995 New version with over 164 Abstract and Computer Generated Color Textures!
• Includes thumbnail preview images.
• Images come in IFF, HAM, FrameStore, JPEG, PCX, BMP, and GIF formats, _ Master ISO CD-ROM Writing Software5.... 52995
• Control a CD-ROM Recorder to create custom CD-ROM and CD- Audio disks
• Formats in Universal 150-9660 compatible with all systems
• Supports Pinnacie single-speed (list $ 2495] & Yamaha (4X spin) CD-ROM Recorders
• Each CD-ROM disk has a capacity of 540MB to 650MB at 2.6 cents per megabyte! Backup all your Toaster projects!!
• Create custom solutions without taking up hard drive space ASIM CDFS v2.0 Software
• Reads ISO-9660, High Sierra, and Mac HFS CD-ROMs
• Includes ASIMTunes music CD player and ASIMPhoto PhotoCD Driver for the Amiga. Latest version now compatible with GVP SCSI!! Particle System Animation for use with Lightwave The original author of Sparks has taken over distribution and support for this incredible software! New features: motion interpolation, pointable nozzle, animatable velocity & birthrates, moving targets, random rotations, auto parenting, explode models, local gravities, automatic £ dissolves, displacement support and many more! New macros, new manual, new tutorials. I P A R S NEW VERSION 2.14 ORDER HOTLINE Canada 800-548-2512 Order Status 310-787-4520 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 8am to 5pm
* -dM Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm (PST) Sat. 9am to 4pm PRODUCTIVITY UTILITIES SOFTWARE PRO MfDi INTERFACE ..29.95 5843 1DEKMF-8617 17" MONITOR ,26 DPI.FLAT SCREEN PERFECT FOR 5719 RETINA, PICASSO II, EGS, NON VIDEO ....779.95 5621 IDEK MF-5017 SP 17" FIAT SCREEN SUPPORTS ALL AMIGA RESOLUTIONS ......959.95 4928 AD-1970 14" MULTISYNC 489.95 5106 SCALA MM300 .. 298,95 5245 SCALA ECHO CONTROLER EE-100 .169.95 4081 CANDO 2.51 - AUTHORING SYSTEM, AGA SUPPORT......113.95 3921 | 5809 5222 5628 5761 4658 5718 5558 5766 5252 CHECKS & BALANCES 33.95 BATCH FACTORY ....38.95 AM1BACK 2.0 OEM VERSION GREAT HARD DRIVE BACK UP UTLITIY ..14.95 AM1BACK TOOLS . 38.95 AMI BACK TOOLS PLUS AMIIBACK 2.0 & AMIBACK TOOLS ..63.95 DIRECTORY OPUS 4.1 .59.95 ENLAN-DF5 ETHERNET FILE SYSTEM 5 NODES NEW VERSION 2.0 . 299.00 HISOFT DEVPAC 3 ...79.95 HISOFT BASIC 2 89.95 TAPEWORM FILE SYSTEM ...64.95 UGHTRAVE 3.1 TOASTER DONGLE 189.95 THE LITTLE MAGIC BOX ...... BETACAM AND M II COMPATIBLE .. 679.95 PERSONAL TBC IV ... 798.95 PERSONAL ANIMATION RECORDER ...... 1599.95 PERSONAL COMPONENT ADAPTER ..389.95 VIP VIDEO INTERFACE PROFESSIONAL (REDESIGNED 1 COMPOSITE OR 1 Y C OUT W RGB PASS THRU) " OPALVISION VIDEO OUT!! .. 118.95 VIDEO TOASTER 3.1 W 3.5 LIGHTWAVE UPGRADE 498.95 LIGHTWAVE 3D VERSION 3.5 UPGRADE (REQUIRES TOASTER) ... UPGRADES LIGHTWAVE 3.0 3.1 TO VERSION 3.5 ......89.95 ALPHA PAINT FOR THE VIDEO TOASTER ...559.95 TOASTER F X .... 109.95 SWIPES! 89.95 VIDEO TOASTER 3.1 SOFTWARE UPGRADE FOR A2000 A3000 = T) .. 489.95 MONTAGE FOR THE VIDEO TOASTER ......316.95 MONTAGE 24 - AGA, IV24, OPALVISION - NTSC ......199.95 MONTAGE 24 * AGA, 1V24, OPALVISION - PAL ..199.95 MONTAGE POSTSCRIPT MODULE .. 168.95 MONTAGE FONTS VOLUME I . 127.95 FINAL WRITER RELEASE 2 . 119.95 FINAL COPY II RELEASE 2 ...68.95 PROPER GRAMMAR II ... 64.95 5292 5408 5114 5115 5140 0811 EXPANSION SYSTEMS Plugs in to IDE header gives you a standard internal 50-pin and rear DB-25 SC5I interface! No slots required!! This does not interfere with the IDE internal drives. Still permits you to hove 2 internal IDE hard drives and any of seven SCSI devices. Add CD-ROMs, £ SyQuests, Bernoullis, DAT tape drives, 1 Uvj scanners, etc... | | 5850 5858 5795 5150 ¦I f I JV- ~ Finally a hard drive that is truly practical. The DataFlyer I05SQ features proven SyQuest removable technology. Special version direct from manufacturer with our special driver guarantees compatibility with the A4000 including diskchange! Fast access times, 1 4ms ava., 1.6 to 2.3MB sec. Maximum transfer rate (to and from media). Unlimited storage with 105MB cartridges. Kaqc Very quiet unit. Small, only 3.5 x 1" cfrive. J 2-year warranty. Includes one 105MB cartridge. S579S 5510 5424 5073 5384 5650 5175 5403 4469 4701 5561 SyQuest 105 Cartridge DATAFLYER SCSI Plus 1200 S999S SCSI card ihot plugs onlo the IDE header and converts it to SCSI. It still cllows the use of IDE devices ond does not lake up a slot. Includes a rear DB75 SCSI port. 1241 5742 DATAFLYER 4000S with rxtemoi db25scsi 5379 79 95 connector DATAFLYER XDS IDE With Externol case & all tables S699S 5267 Los Angeles South Bay 4453 Redondo Bch. Blvd. Lawndale, California 90260
(310) 542-2292 We invite you to visit our retail store for great bargains and service on Amiga products. Order by 5:00pm EST and get your order tomorrow!
• Offer is valid thru Oc!ot>er 30. 1 994 and epplies to in-stock ilems only
• Offer applies to Continental U S only
• Credit card problems, system problems, Acts of Gcd, shipping to a different address than your billing address, and orders to some rural arecs or small cities will incur additional processing ard shipping time. Order Hotline; 800-872-8882
• Orders over 3 lbs incur additional shipping charges ¦ Price includes insurance When you purchase products in this catalog that feature this logo, it identifies products that come with a 30- Day Money Back Guarantee* Return is subject to policies of our customer service department* Ask your sales representative for more information. Opi Sat. 8am to 5pm (PST) The Creative Computers Exclusive MBG Program CC-Mgney Sark Guam tt* rules: limited-time offer expires 10 31 94 and only applies to the indicated products. You must toll Customer Service to obtain a Return Authorisation number before sending the iternlsj back, the rlem(s! Must be in original condition and in original poekoging, with blank warranty card. No damaged items will be accepted Refunds issued withm 14 days of receipt of the returned item s!. Refund is limited to $ 3,000 per customer. No refunds on freight or labor charges, CUSTOMER SERVICE for tech support coll 310-542-2292 from 11 o.m. to 7 p m. P5T. ""Stcndc.'d Ovrrmght Semte by federol Express is not available in ell areas. Those ‘Extended Areas' take two days. Check with your local Federal Express station for delivery confirmation end delivery times. COD's add S6No Personal Company checks. Call for oil ether shipping in-ormction. Visa Master Card and Discover prices seme as ensh. RETURN *OUCY Call Customer Service ot 310) 787-4520 for return authorization. All returns without authorization number IRMA will be refuted. Returned products must be in original condition ond poekoging and must be sent bock within 30 doys of our invoice dole. No refunds, please. Defective product exchanges only. We make no guarantees for product performance. Exchanges with unlike products are ot our option end subject to o 20% restocking fee. CONDITIONS: Prices end cvaiicbility of product ore subject to change without notice. MAIL-IN ORDER5: Send money orders or ccthiert check for fastest service. Personal checks - 10 days to clear. Include: Nome, Address and telephone number |ne P.O. Boxes, pltasei If ordering by credit card include expirclion dale and billing address. Call for exact shipping rales, INTERNATIONAL TOIL FREE ORDERING POLICIES: For Canada, FPO, APO ¦ Minimum order $ 50. All other countries: minimum order $ 100. For VISA ond Master Cord orders you must FAX or moil a signed photocopy of your credit cord - front ond beck. Plecse hove your credit cord number reody before colling. " "PRICE GUARANIEE:
U. S. Only. Applies to oB merchandise advertised by all authorized Amiga dealers except merchandise on sale and oul-of-stock. We will give you our 'delivered* price lower than the other eulhorixed AMIGA dealer's 'delivered* price. There is a minimum order amount of 520 for ordrrs to the U.S.A. California Seles does not opply to price guarantee. Prices good through October 31, 1994 OUR POLICIES Canada 800-548-2512 Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm f creating more imaginative Amiga graphics. A continuing series of tips, techniques, 69 and tricks for Bv Joel Hagen FORA COMPUTER artist, getting your work into a gallery show can he as challenging as creating it in the first place. Let’s explore some creative ideas (perhaps more along the lines of sculpture than print) that might help you break into exhibition. For the moment, we’ll ignore the content of your computer work and focus on physical display aspects you can control as an artist to create an effective gallery exhibition. Composing Your Components l lie first and simplest thing you can do to dress up a gallery display is to feature the computer itself as an art object. Place it on a clean, painted pedestal as though it were sculpture. On the other hand, you could conceal the CPU inside a pedestal, and then showcase the active monitor on top. In either case, cables can feed through a hole in the pedestal to the computer. One or more pedestaled monitors arranged like this in a gallery setting can have a powerful effect on the senses if the lighting is well handled. I have found it best to have very low ambient light in the area and use tight, soft spots aimed from the ceiling to fall on the top rear of each stand. This avoids having any light strike the monitor face and preserves a brilliant screen while giving presence and focus to each display. The trick to all of this is to think at three levels. First, plan the artistic content of what the computer is showing the audience. Second, and just as important, think of an effective display of the computer itself as an object of interest just as though you were arranging a group of “ready-mades” for exhibition. Instead of soap boxes or basketballs, you are displaying monitors. Third, think of the entire gallery space the layout of the room, how you want traffic to flow through the exhibit, the lighting, the music, and all the other details. It is the composition of the room itself that will hit the viewer first and set the initial impression. I Beyond these gallery fundamentals, there is a lot you can do with the monitor itself. The Amiga has always been “video-friendly,” and with a little imagination yon can capitalize on that for sculptural displays. Instead of a standard monitor, think about running the display through a television set. I he trend in displaying computer graphics is to always seek bigger, brighter, highcr-resolution true-color displays. However, think instead of trying a choppier, low-resoluiion display lor some projects. Vintage black-and-white TV sets picked up at thrih stores or yard sales for a few dollars can be a real novelty in a genre where the audience expects the latest technology. N Of course, not every project lends itself to lo-iech display, hut consider it an option. Most Amigas have at least a black-and-white AY plug in the back from which you can play a video signal into any TV with AY inputs. For older I V sets (or newer Amigas with no video output) try the trusty A520 video adapter to feed v ideo and audio straight into any TV through the antenna input. Using the A520, you can add an inexpensive video splitter to run multiple sets from the same video source. This opens up the possibility of arranging a cluster of interesting old 1A' sets facing in different directions for display. That arrangement can become quite sculptural. The Rage: 2-Bit Encrusted Display Devices For an even more interesting look, ti try building a display device. The accompanying illustration shows a viewer I made for a recent exhibition. You don't have to he Mr. Wizard to build such a contraption. Most of what you see is nonfunctional. I bought a small $ 50 1A' set at the local How you physically present your computer art can be as important as its content when it comes to getting exhibited so save some creativity for your displays! Drugstore and encased it in old electronic junk from my scrap bins. On the 4-inch screen, 16-color grayscale images are crisp and sharp. Because of this, there is low storage overhead for pictures and animations. Impressive presentations can be run from even a single floppy. To build something like this, use a hot-gluc gun (available at any hardware store) and encrust any little TV set with old radio parts, circuit boards, model kits, wires, and so on. I protected part of the TV screen with masking tape and spray painted the set to blend it in with the rusty radio r tubes. If you have any skill with electronics, it is easy to add a few LEDs here and there that run from the same power source as the TV. These spots of light make the fake components seem functional. Be very cautious, however, about exploring any old electrical devices, as there can be dangerous voltage lurking in some components even if no power is present. The viewer you see in the illustration was part of an assemblage sculpture that included old books, my ceramic skulls ol alien creatures, dustv chemical bottles, star charts, and so forth. The concept of making the computer pan of a larger sculptural context can he visually powerful and may open gallery doors more easily than a simple display of a few computers and monitors. If you use your imagination, there are hundreds of ways you can disguise a IV set or computer monitor to look like something far more interesting. Projections, Reflections, and Other Neat Illusions Video projectors offer other possibilities. You can rig them for rear projection to get a huge display that can itself be integrated into a larger context. You can use combinations of mirrors to “pipe” a projected video image through a sculpture for an added illusion of depth at the final no, this is nor an Amiga i uoo monitor, bi electronic components. Using an A520 vi display device for an Amiga 4000 concea point of view. For example, project the display sideways behind the length of a display, then reflect it up and out to a rear projection surface for the audience. You can also project images onto a three-dimensional surface or even a moving object for interesting effects. Speaking of mirrors and reflections, you can create interesting displays by having a monitor facing up from floor level, hidden from the viewer. Its image can be reflected to the viewer from an angled piece of glass incorporated into the display. The advantage ol' glass over a mirror is that a person can also sec other display elements that lie directly behind the angled glass. Careful lighting and placement of the two displays can create some intriguing illusions in which reflected elements seem to float in space over the second display- One of the monitors can even display live a video feed from a camera small T er, the ; trained on the spot where a person must stand to view the exhibit. This can add immediacy to a sculpture and remove some of the distance we often associate with computer art. The possibilities for interesting displays are endless once you break away from thinking only about what is seen on the monitor and think instead about the overall physical exhibition. ¦ Joel Hagen's credits include work in art, astronomy, science fiction, and software development. Write to him at 10.512 Sawyer, Oakdale, CA 95361. Please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope for a reply. ORDER LINE-USA & Canada INTERNATIONAL ORDER LINE 412-962-0567 CUSTOMER SERVICE (412) 962-0535 CUSTOMER SERVICE HOURS io a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday bmb %mn Realize the full potential of A 1200 with the DKB1202 expansion board. . 1 S peeds up math intensive operations, j a must have feature if you do any
- [ morphing or animation, image i manipulation or ray-tracing, offers " « the option of running a math co- r 4 processor up to 40MHz. Easy “ i installation! DK01202 men P1HW PigiMMEI XL DRIVE - HIGH DENSITY High Density Externa! Drive for any ¦ml ' v. Amiga formats 1.76MB with j standard DD Disks compatible for a K PC Disks requires work Bench 2.1 j y or above internal for A2000 A4000 The animation utility of the year! Assemble single Images into animations and converts anim-5 and AniM-7 to SSA format for playback up to 60fields per second while greatly } reducing the size. ClanssA also features flexible editing - - - J* capabtilities like cut. Copy and paste on single frames or ranges and color functions such as fading, chaos anc lightning Animations with different resolutions can be combined into a single animation Full AREXX support 3nd a built-in screen grabber make dariSSA integrate seamlessly with other applications A redistributable SSA playback program Is included. DariSSA received the 'Product of the year award from Amiga Maglzin Germany and the "Amiga Plus Award 93- Best Amination software' with this software solution you may double the capacity of vour disk or hard disk drives. Eazy installation and works invisible in the backgroung. The compression ratios vary from 30% to 70%. The easy to use graphical interface guarantees that even the inexperienced user is able to use Disk Expander immediately without any problems. Disk Expaner does not only expand the capacity of your disk drive, even floppy disks now have a storage space of approximately 1.5 megabytes. P i p , (Works with all drives including, SCSI, IDE, Floppies and B % 4 even the RAD disk). U use a VCR as a backup storage device. TWO hundred Amiga floppy disks fit on to a 4Hr. Tape which can be used for an alternative hard disk backup system, what's more you can now watch television on your 1084s monitor. Scart or Phono version Is available. | Ado rage V2.0 AGA Create dazzling 2D and 3D transitions between scenes and Images in near real-time Whether intended for presents- i tlons info-systems or video footage, there is no effect- generation tool that surpasses Adorage in versatility, ease- - Phflfl(. I of-use or results. User definable parameters and a v eaith of built-in effects deliver output limited only by your imagination, The support of up to 256-co!or ACA modes provides Adorage with superior quality results, while the SSA animation format guarantees the fastest playback possible at up to 60 fields per second. AMIGA The MS12GO S, MS2400 let you scan 16.7 million colors. 256 true greys. & line art. Perfect for the Toaster & other video, multimedia. & DTP applications. FREE OCR JR.
• Zmcoes MS 1200 S pass scanning; 1200 doi mat MSJaoo • 1 pass scanning 2400 dpi max.
• 8-5" x 14' scanning area ¦ coioncit Pro • saves 24-blt IFF TIFF and more, MS24PO MS120O Scan sue limited omy by available nard disk space.
• scsi caote ana terminator
• Optional transparency adapter & sheet feeder Colorliursir COLOR HAND SCANNER Three scanners in one! Scan color, true grayscale and monochrome line art. Perfect for video, multimedia, desktop publishing and more.
• 4 scan Modes; 262,144 colors; 4096 colors; 64 true grayscales; monochrome text
• 50-400 dpi (based on scan mode selected)
• Colorklt software - autck. Accurate scanning; save iff. Ham-0. And 24-oit iff
• Parallel interface witn cable
• aca compatible
• OCR Jr. Text recognition - included MONOCHROME HAND SCANNER I@!f with * Touch-Up V3. FACA compatible) 1(|l
* OCR J r. text reader S Megalosound is an amazingly low ._ cost, full featured, 8 Bit Stereo gwhon sound sampler. But that‘5 not all! It also features Direct-to- Disk Recording of samples. Up to 56kHz sample rate. ZAMiiAl Video digitize sound sampling all in one package. Full color Stills, greyscale motion video clips, and Video sequence Editor, includes stand alone sequence player and ANIM5 converter. For A5O0. A600, and enhanced ACA version for A1200! Also available Is ColorMaster. Ca pture full screen stiil pictires AUTOMATICALLY, from any video source, fasti bdtSolAs 25 A Major Upgrade to HiSoft Basic Professional Including fully intergrated edltor compiler source debug-glng environment. 2 time faster than previous versions and has full support for WB1.3.2. and 3! Excellent manual, lot's of programming examples. Vje) LE W1£aSAS ej Fast. Assembly language programming environment for all Amigas. Intergrated, multi-winaow . Editor. Debugger, and FAST Assembling. IXUS® Z VaalllXliWXScKK. Clarity 16-16 bit stereo sampling and rep’ay with MIDI SEQUENCER ONE ONE PLUS- Entry level & Mid-level MID! And sample sequencer systems with highly acclaimed Diamond Drag note editing system. MaxonMAGic - Amazing Screen saver & System audio manager, colorful modules, Assign sounds to system events. Pro-midi- Low cost midi interface! FROM ORFGON Pfr,, Networking up to 20 Amigas together over a distance of
* Tj& up to 330 feet has now become easy and affordable. Ami- .JLbk' - gaUnk installs on the external floppy drive port, eliminat- Bbs®*-'-' mg the need for internal installation or use of a zorro slot. T- Set uo and configured in minutes, Amigalink offers ">HlGR*>H m FLATBED sharing of all storage devices and printers across the network. Ughwave users now have an easy way to distrdute rendering lobs to multiple machines. Distr.DLitea By -' “&• 240it Frame Buffer and Workbench Emulation f M Anatog RCB cutout, 500x600 Full 24B1T 16.7 m I I -j g Hf?*1% lion color display. Non-interlaced Full Wcrk-
- bench Emulation with resolution such as 1024x758 or 1280x1024 in 15 colors or even morel Up to 2400x1200! Paint program comes with Retina. The Retina can still be used to display 24Bit graphics while emulating Wcrkbench. Requires the 2 0 or greater opening system Retina Zll & Zlll esii Non-Unear Video 8> Audio S§iSriPg6S = S; Editing and Playback! V Ll27 3) Internal for the A2000,3000. AND 4000 Y C Version $ 459 New External for 500.600,1200
• 24 Bit RealTime Video
• Digitizer AGA Support
• Digitizes Full Frame In 1 30 of a second TOCGAXA The Toccatta is a full 16BH audio digitizer with 3 Stereo inputs, digitize at up to 48 Hz in i6BJt and Bbit direct to narccisk. Playback from Hardblsk up to 16 channels in i6Bit. 64Times Overstamping. 16 sampling rates, Freq. Response 10 Hz to 20 kHz. Simultaneous Record & Acncry Pbyback from HardDRIVE J CD 32 and Amiga Entertainment Software CD32 SOFTWARE TITLES ALFRED CHICKEN C032 0*EliN hIGHTS CC32 ,BANSMEECD1Z BAFTUECHESS ENHANCED CD12 BAYTLETOADSCQ32 8EAVER5CD32 BRIAN t-lE LION CD32 BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL CD3Z CASTUS II CO 12 CHAMBER OF 5KA04JN COJ2 CHAOS DIC1M CD!2 D Ctllf ATI0N CD 12 DANGEROUS STREETSCC32 DEER COSE COJ2 DEFENDER OF THE CROWN II CD32 DIGGERS C012 DISPOSABLE HERQCD32 DOSK THE SJAKURA! DUCK CD3Z FIRE4ICECD32 IriRE FORCE C032 FLASH RICK CD]2 FOOTBALL CD32 FSONTiERCllTE 2 C032 FuBY OF Th£ FLRRIESC012 GLOBAL ETTta CD32 GROWERS CD32 I GUHSHIP 2000 CO 3 2 HEIMDAU 2 CD32 HUMANSC032 IMP055IELE MISSION 2035CD32 INSIGHT CD32 INTERNATIONAL KARATE CHAMP Cfi32 JAMES POND 3: STARFISH CD32 JOHN BARNES SOCCER JURA55IC PARK CD32 LABYRINTH OF TIME 0332 LEGACY Of $ ORA$ H CfiJt LEMMINGS (032 LIBERATION CC32 LOST V HONGS CD32 LOTUS TRILOGY CO32 MEAN AR£NA5 C032 MICROCOSM CD32 MICROCOSM,CHAOS ENGINE. D'GGER5 MORPH CO 12 NAUGHTY ONES CC32 NICK FAUJO GOLF CD32 MGEL HANSEL CO32 OSCAR CD12 OVERKIU.UINAR C CD32 pirates gold cd32 PREMIERE CD32 REACH OUT FCR GOLD CE32 RGBCCODUA.VES POND 2 C032 RYDER CUPGCUC032 SEEK and DESTROY C532 SENSIBLE SOCCER CO 12
S. -H CJTY CD32 STRIKER CD 12 Summer olympjk cd32 super methane brother! Co 12 SURF NINJAS CDJ2 TFK CD32 Co« TOTAL CARNAGE(032 TROLLS CD3 2 ULTIMATE SCOT SLCwS (032 VIDEO CREATOR CD32 W'HALES VOYAGE CD32 WING COMMANDER CC32 Co* WINTER SURER 5PO®T5 C332 ZOOL 2 CD32 ZOOLCD32 7GATE5CF4AMEALA CDJ2 CD-I Full Motion Movies FMV CA99 PE3JIPI2 ADOAMS FAMILY CO-l MOVIE ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER CO-1 APOCALYPSE NOW CO-1 MOVIE BEST CF BABY SONGS CO-1 SILLY RAY CYRUS 00-1 MCYiC Slack pain CO-i mqviE BON JOY I KEEP THE FAITH COI BRYAN ADAMS CO-1 CONE HEADS CO-1 Moill ERIC CLAPTON CD-I FATAL ATTRACTION CO-1 MOVIE FROM RUSSIA W.LOYE CD-I MOVIE G01DFINGE3 CD-I MOVIE HINT FOR RED OCT CD-I MOVIE INDECENT PROPOSAL COI MOVIE NAKED GUN 2 vz CD-I MQYIE PATRKDT GAMES CD-I MOV E PLANE5, TRAINS, AND AUTO (0-1 P'JrBOY MASSAGE CD I 59 POSSE CD-l MOVIE 29 SHARI LEWISiULMB CHOP CO-1 29 SHYER CO-1 MOVIE 29 5TAR TREK VI CD-I MOVIE 29 STING CD-I 29 THE HRH CM MOVIE 29 TOP GLN CD-I MOVIE 29 X-MEV CD-I MOVIE 29 too GREATEST TOUCHDOWNS COI 29 CDTV CD32 TITLES Yfjm YIYC Cl CS32. «¦> iti. N • K.A » B1MJ THOMAS SNOYISLIT tO NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS tO BENJAMIN BL'NNY 10 PAPER BAG PRINCESS 10 MOVING GIVES ME STOMACH ACHE 10 HEATHER HITS HER I5T MOMERUN IO TOWN WITH NO NAME 10 FUN SCHOOLS UNDER 5 10 ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN 10 DIN05AU35 FOR HIRE 10 MUD PVCOiX 10 HOUND 0» THE BASURY OIXS 10 LONG HARD DAT ON THE RANCH 10 BATTU STORM 25 classK igars games 25 CASE OF THE CAUTIOUS CONDOR 29 GROLIERS ENCYCLOPEDIA VI, 49 HARDWARE CD32 COMPETITION PRO SUPER RAO 29 SK1CD32E1PANSIOM INTERFACE 259 SKI KEYBOARD 49 AGA SOFTWARE ON SPECIAL ALFRED CHICKEN AGA 14 BODY BLCWS GALACTIC AGA iBACG Et '0 ILGENEfllHQN AGA 14 DENNIS THE MENACE AGA 14 FATMAN AGA 14 INT'L OPEN GOLF AGA 14 USERATIONtCAPTIVE 2 AGA 24 NAUGHTY ONES AGA 14 NIGEL MANSELL AGA iSAGGlEi ID TROLLS AGA i BAGGlEl 10 ZOOL AGA, BA GG El !Q AGA SOFTWARE LISTING AUEN BREED 2 AGA 37 BANSHEE AGA AO BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL VGA 25 00 CHA05 ENGINE AGA 2T CIVILIZATION AGA 45 GUNSHIP 2000 AGA 39 HEIMDAU. 2 AGA « IMPOSSIBLE MISSION AGA 15 JAME5 POND 2:RQBOCQQ AGA 11 JAMES POND 3:STAflF1SH AGA 12 JURASSK PARK AGA 29 OUT TO LUNCH AGA 12 OVERKILL AGA 14 RiC-ER CLP COLT AGA 13 SABRE TEAM AGA 35 SECOND SAMURAI AGA 27 SIM UFI AGA 14 SIMON SORCERER AGA 42 STAR TREK 2STH AGA 39 TORNADO AGA 49 I COL 2 AGA 22 AMIGA SOFTWARE SPECIALS ALFRED CHICKEN 10 AUEN BREED SREOAL 10 AUEN5J 10 AFOCALFPSE IT 6-17 FUINC FORTRESS 22 BfAST LORD ID BLACK CRTPT 15 BLASTAR 10 BLOB 15 boot BU«$ 15 BOOT BLOWS GALACTIC !4 BURNING RUBBER 14 CHAOS ENGINE 24 CHESS CHAMPION 2175 IS CHUCK ROCK 2 IS crime an is CrBERCON ill 10 CYBERPUNK 14 CYTRON 10 DARKWERE 17 DEEP CORE 27 DISPOSABLE HERO 14 DOGFIGHT 22 DONK THE SAMURAI CL'CK 22 F117A STEALTH 27 FATMAN 10 FUTURE WARS GRAND RRII CIRCUIT KA&AAR THE HORRIBLE HEART Of CHINA HOOK HUMANS BENEATH A STEEL SKY BIRDS CF PREY BRIAN THE LION BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBAU euBBA-N-STIY CAMPAIGN 2 CANNON FODDER Civilization COHORT 2 COMBAT AIR PATROL COOL SPOT CRASH DLVu-ES SARK SEED DESERT STRlKt DUNE 2 ELFMANIA EXCELLENT GAMES FI RACING F!7 challenge FANTASTIC WORLDS FIGHTER OUEL PRO II FLASH BACK FLY MROCR FRONITER.ELlTE 2 FURY Of THE rURtU CE.ARWORKS GENESIA GOAL GOBLINS 1 GUNSHIP 2000 HARRIER ASSAULT HEIMDALL2 HISTORY L'NE 1914-1914 HOI IMPOSSIBLE MISSION INDIANA JchESiATLANTlS INNOCENT UNTIL CAUGHT INTELLIGENT STRATEGY GAMES JACK N'CKLAL-S GOLF JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL JURASSIC PARK K240 KINGMAKER KINGS TA3LE LEGACY Of SOPA5IL LEMMINGS 2 LCSC5 0F7IME INDIANAPOLIS SCO JET STRIKE JOHN 9AFNES SOCCER KNIGHTS Of THE CRTSTJU.UON LOTUS TFILOGt MEAN ARENAS MORPH MR.NJT2 NICK FALDO COJ NICKY 2 NIGHT Shirr ONE STEP BEYOND PINBALL FANTASIES PRIME MCVER PUSHOVER RBI B4SESALL2 REALMS ROAD RASH SEEK AND DESTROY SKAMTR OF THE BEA5T 1 SLEEPWALKER SUBVERSION 1.0 SYNDICATE THEATRE SF DEATH THAN$ ARCT>CA TROLLS W M F. EURO RAVPKGE WINTER CAMP
* INTER SUPER SPORT5 RCUCHiLD KCNDtRWS
• ORLDS CF UCEND AMIGA SOFTWARE A120 AIRBUS ANCIENT ART OF WAR IN THE SKIE5 APIDrA ASSASIN SPEDAL EDITION ATRAJN CONSTRUCTION BUNDLE AAARO WINNERS 2 BATTU ISLE 91 BATTLE TCADS 40 LOST VIM NG5 15 MICRO MACHINES 31 MORTAL kOMBAT 33 NAUGHTY ONES 22 PATRICIAN 43 PERIHELION 37 PINBALL DBEAMSTANTA5Y COMBO 40 PUCGSY 34 REACH FOP THE 5KIES 27 RISKY WOODS 27 ROBINSON SPEOUIEM 25 SECOND SAMURAI 45 SENSIBLE SOCCER 22 SETTLERS 33 SIM city CU$ $ K 32 SIM EARTH BUDGET 27 SIM LIFE 30 SIMON THE SCRCEROR 19 SKIDMARKS 44 SOCCER K D 37 SPACE HULK 36 SPORTS TOP TEN 16 STAR LORO 31 STARDUST 22 STREET FIGHTER 2 19 STRIKES AND SPARES 31 STRIP POKER J 23 STRIR ROKER DATA I 2S STRIP POKER DATA 2 39 STRIP POKER DatA 3 44 STRIP POKER DATA 4 35 STRIP POKER DATA 5 43 STRIR POKER DATA 6 13 SUPER METHANE BFOTHER5 IS TEAM 17 19 TtPNINATOR 2 A! THE BLUE 5 THE GREY 17 TOM LANDRY TOOTBAU DELUXE 37 TORNADO IS TRIPLE AC'ION 3-TITLS Fol 31 TRIPLE AC'tON 4-BLUES BROS. 32 UFO DEFENSE 44 VAL HALLA 29 WALKER 31 WAR IN THE GULF 30 WHEN TWO WORLDS WAR 19 WNTER OLYMPICS u • * F.% DNL1' ' sss uctTfTfarmatiD?] • Service Tips :acts and much morel 9-9 Weekdays 10-8 Saturday 12 to 5 on Sunday m The Only Expansion Device you need for your Amiga 4000 (or Amiga 3000) that provides High- Speed 040 Acceleration, up to 128 MegaBytes of Local 040 Burst Memory and the fastest SCSl-tl Controller Available! Why? Because all of this expansion is on a single board that installs into the CPU slot- Not a Zorro 111 slot! FEATURES warpengine cvp 000 00 FastLane 28MHZ. 33MHZ. 4CMHZ versions YES NO NO 28MHZ Upgradable to 33 and SOM HZ yes no no Expandable Onboard to 128MegaBytes Ram YES NO YES Built in SCSI-2 Hard Drive Controller YES no yes uses industry standard SIMM Modules yes no no UsesanvComblnatlonofSlMMS YES NO NO Allows use of tne Memory from the Amiga yes no no 28 Mhz.... 2 times as fast as standard 4Q00W . 33 Mhz.... 2.5 times as fast as standard 4000 40.. % gg) 40 Mhz,... 3 times as fast as standard4000 40.... Slfl EXPANSION ftaw... Desktop Magic Animated SCREEN SAVER JI'* over25 Selections r-* ¦- Add sounds to
* i% t windows, Keys,
* time... Mskrng Technology Atforxisble Since 1986 V , 1| I Now add up to 5 SCSI devices like CD J ROMs, removable medea drives, tape v- * * back-up systems and scanners without using the 'CPU slot* or an ‘expantlon slor. Tne oataFiyer SCSI+ card attacches to the IDE header and converts it to aiso run SCSI. Operate your original ide at drive at the same time, Easy PLUG-IN installation, Includes esternal DB25 connector, hardware, rr~ Avialable for A1200 or 4000 DATAFLYER
3. 5" Removable Media Syquest Hard Drive High speed 68030 Accelerator W 32 Bit RAM W Board up to 128 50 MHZ 68030 Mreaftlec‘o?kS W MMU FPU 50 50 0 A1200 External IDE Case Install Your Favorite 3.5“ Hard Drive MOOO AT Internal w cart $ 395 A4000 2000 SCSI internal w cart $ 459 A4000 2000 SCSi external w cart $ 539 105Mb cartridge $ 79 Includes all cables and connections checks & Balances me latest Generation In 1 Personal & Small I Business Record i 11 ¦ v:: Keeping ana a VI Finance I Management NO FPU .. 14 MhZ 68881 True State of the Art In Amiga 24 bit paint packages The many feature of TV Paint include Image Manipulation, Drawing Tools. Editing Tools. Emboss, Sharpen, Relief, Outline and much, much more! MULTIFRAME-ADPro M Requires Art Department Professional or Morpnpius I Arexx -AmigaDos 2.Mor higher Mult' Frame for ADPro is a composltlng layerlng Interface for video professionals i artists using ASDG’s ADPro program as a compositing engine Improves ADPro s Impressive array of compositing functions. Control up to 100 Layers. PageStream3.0 Tne Ultimate desktop publishing program! PagesStream3 provides professions typesetting and graphic tools. The feature-paced toolbox creates any type of shape, which you can color with PANTONE® colors and gradient fills. Import and export text and graphics in many formats, and see pictures In full color AGA compatible! Automatic Flash macros automate most layout tasks and create custom page designs. Create your own macros with recordable Arexx! Load ProPage documents and edit ProDraw drawings. Unlimited Undo and Redo, extensive online help, autosave, dot leaders, index generation and more! Includes 8ME 2 Image processor, PageUner 2 text processor, 50 fonts and 100 graphics! Create bitmap and outline fonts for ap your programs! Convert between PostScript, Compugrapnic ana Soft- logfk formats. Autotrace bitmaps and generate bitmaps from outline fonts. Automate font creation with Arexx. Copy and paste characters between fonts, and add professional hlntfng to your fonts. Compute. Amazing. I Amiga Format and Amlgaf ews all called TypeSmlth a L must-have program, voted best DTP udlfty by f Amazings readers. The leaders in AMIGA Productivity Software 17“ IDEK Multi-Scan 15-AOMKZ1024X768 Res. IDEAL FOR VIDEO 14“ Electrohome 1440,15-40MHZ1024X768 res IDEAL FOR ALL AMIGAS ?MTRONICS HRH3""5S® c : ¦ a Rl Realize your full productivity with Directory OPUS! OPUS flbn J shows vou to easily manipulate data flies; display Images; HTTr ' P!a¥ sounds. ANIMS, BANIMS, and MODS; and launch programs from its powerful, yet easy to use Interface. A 'must-have* for hard drive owners, use OPUS once, and you'll never want to be without It! (Its the best-selling software utility on the Amiga! GigaMem virtual memory system lets your Amiga utilize unused hard drive space as ram, eliminating the need for additional hardware! With Glgamem vou can run memory-hungry programs isuch as Art Department, Lightwave, canoo and PageStream) without running low on memory. Gi9am Requires an C20 D3Q 040 based Amiga with MMU and OS version 2.1 or higher. CanDot The CanDo software authoring package aTTov .. .. CanDo scftv 3'e authoring cacoge anowsyou to rakc- B advantage of tne Amiga's powerful architecture, regard- less of your technical abilities you can program anything ¦ from a simple p-esentation to tne most aavancea profes-B. . Seanai application program in record time. In short. CanDd t .mm rakes the guessAcr aro drudgery our of programming and lets the creative genius in you run wild. IITTH PHOTO REALISTIC (Dye StibfloMtiM) __ Canoo s scope and performance makes It a must for training, simulation and other applications, _ PRINTER MORE COLORFUL
• High resolution thermal transfer color printing
• Prfmera's color Is brighter ncfter sharper and more vibrant man orner cow printing tecnnoogses MORE EFFICIENT
• prims up to four times faster man ink let
• Requires no drying time, untixe Ink Jet Eliminates wrinMSng and smearing.
• Easy to use with cnty two buttons: On Off and On Une
A. I.R. rD EXTERNAL AIR DRIVE 69 ACTIVA EXCELSIOR! 1.0 BBS 115 ADDISON WESLEY BOOKS PGM KERNEUINCLUDES AND AiJTQOOCS 29 ROM KERNELHBPARlES 29 POV KERNEUHAFPWARE 23 POM KIRNEUDEV1CE5 23 PGM KtRNELUSES INTERFACE STYLE 19 POM KIRNEUSET MB ADSPEC UASDlN io 3-D i DRAW ID PRO 2' 249 ADVANCED STORAGE EASTUNE SCSI II 4 PAM CARO 499 APEX ESSENCE 49 ASDG CYGNLS ED PRO 69 PRO CONVERSION PACK 52 EPSON SCANNER CSIV1P 120 TRUEFfilNT 24 49 TREXI PROFESSIONAL 2 139 ART DEPE PRO 2.5 169 DUAL SERIAL BOARD 239 MORPH PLUS 99 ASIMWARE INNOVATIONS ASIMCDFS2.0 S» AVEC AVEC TOWER - AMIGA VID EXP CHAS 299 EXT CASE - I BAY aOSED FRT-SCSI 91 EXI CASE - 1 BAT OPEN FRONT-SCSI 99 EXT CASE ¦ I SAY UPRIGHT-5CSJ 109 CXT CASE • 2 HALF HIGH BAYS-SCSI 149 EXT CASE 4 BAY - OPEN FPONT-5CSI 2S9 AXIOM WAVEUNK 95 PIXEL 3D PRO 2.0 149 ANIM WORKSHOP 2,0 99 WAVEMAKER 129 BLUE RIBBON BAKERY MIDI TRIPLE PLAY » 170 POWER TOOLS KIT 34 PERFORMANCE TOOLS KIT 34 BARS 6 PIPES PROF 2-5 220 PRO STUDIO X1T 44 SUPER J4W 69 PATCH HeiSTER 59 RULES FCR TOOLS 31 CREATrvlTY KIT 26 SYNCHRO MIDI5MRTE INTERFACE 179 ONE STOP MUSIC SHOP S BRUCE SMITH BOOKS A1200 THE NEXT STEP MASTERING AMIGA DOS 2 VQL I MASTERING AMIGA DOS3- TUTORIAL MASTERING AMIGA BEG NNERS MASTERING AMIGA AMOS MASTERING AMIGA C MASTERING AMIGA PriNTm A1200 INSIDERS anoe MASTERING AMIGA DCS 2 VOL 2 MASTERING AMIGA ST5'EM5 MASTERING AMIGA AREU MASTERING AMIGA 00$ J REF. AMIGA ASSEMBLER INSIDER MASTERING AMIGA ASSEMBLER AMIGA GAMER 5 GUIDE CALIGARI CORPORATION CALIGARI BROADCAST 2 CAU GAR 124 I CD-ROM AUDIO RESOURCE GRAPHICS RESOURCE COLOR MAGIC CLIPART GllYENBURG PROJECT LANGUAGE 05 MEGA MEDIA MULTlMID'A GIT GALAXY SPACE AND A5TRONOW’ FANTAiW FONTS ULTIMATE M03 COLLECTION GlFS GALORE AMINET CENTAUR OPAL VISION 3 CPAtVlSION VIDEO PPOCESSOR 9 OPALViSiON VIDEO SUITE 9 SCAh-RATE CONVERTER I DEINTERLACER DESIGNING MINDS ROU'EM HOMEFRONT 2.S 6 TOP'ORM 2.7 MIRACLE KEYBOARD 1 DIGITAL CREATIONS ccrv 2 DCTV RGB ADAPTOR 1 KITCHEN SYNC 12 KTYCHEN Sync GENLOCK OPTION 1 KITCHEN SYNC S-YH5C?TI0N SUPERGEN Si £ BRILLIANCE 2.0 DIGITAL PROCESSING SYSTEMS PERSONAL V-SCOPE PERSONAL VDA 1050 RC 2003 7BC III REMOTE UNIT E5-2203 RACKMOUNT CONTROL UNIT PERSONAL TBC III PERSONAL TBC IV PERSONAL COMPONENT ADAPTER PERSONAL ANIMATION RECORDER ?KB DKB 1202 EXPAN5ION BOARD D«B 1210 0*1 Sit* MEGACHIP COMBO W ’SURER AGNUS 2MB SECURE*EY A1100 CLOCK Wl BATTERY BACKUP KW'IKSTART II MULTISTART II REV 4A A2632 MEMORY EXP, FOR A2520 2630 ED EXTERNAL 1.76 HIGH DENSITY FD INTERNAL 1.76 HIGH DENSITY ELECTRONIC ARTS DELUXE MUSIC CONSTRUCTION 2-0 DELUXE PAINT IV V4.1 DELUXE PAINT IV V4 5 AGA EXPANSION SYSTEMS DATAFLYER 1000 SCSI DAYAFLTER 2000 SCSI DATAWEB 500 SCSI DATAFLYER RAM DATAFLTER IS3AT-4 INTERNAL IDE A DATAFLYER I0SAT-4 EXTERNAL IDE A DATAFLYER I0SAT-I2 ExTRNL IDE-AT DATAFLYER I0SS-I2-AT5 EXTNl SCSI DATAFLYER 4000SX DATAFLYER 4000SX-25 DATAFLYER XDSIDE-AMO 4 AI200 DATAflYER IDS POWER SUP PVT DATAFLYER XDS POWER ADAPTER EXPERT SERVICES PICA550 II RTG GRAPHICS CARO FARGO PRIMER! PRO COLOR PRINTER PriMERA COLOR PRINTER RH010 REALISTIC UPGRADE KIT SPARE RIBBON CARTRIDGE 3 COLCH RiBEDN i color ribbon MONOCHROME RIBBON PAPER STANDARD GRADE PAPER, PREMIUM GRAOt I? PAPER. T-SHIRT TRANSFER 19 PAPER. T-SHIRT TRANSFER‘230“ 279 PAPER. T-5HIRT TRANSFER "WO" 359 TRANSPARENCY FILM 31 PAPER.PERFORATED 19 PHOTO-REAL15TIC 25 REFILL KIT B9 GFX BASE MOUSE OPTICAL BOIHS 79 GOLD DISK PROFESSIONAL CALC 2 79 VIDEO DIRECTOR 79 PROFESSIONAL PAGE .DRAW BUNDLE U9 GP SOFTWARE GP-FAA CLASS« 42 GP-FAA CLASS II 42 INNOVISION TECHNOLOGY BROADCAST TITUR II IA9 BROADCAST TITLES II FORT PACK 2 109 BROADCAST TITLER II FONT ENHANCE 109 MONTAGE T0A5TER VERSION 317 MONTAGE FONTS I 125 MONTAGE24 225 MONTAGE POSTSCRIPT MODULE 169 INTELLIGENT DESIGNS. INC. AMI BACK 2.0 48 AMI BACK TOOtS 23 AMI BACK PLUS TOOLS 59 TAPEWORM FI SO INTERWORKS ERUNOfS 1» KARO 299 IOMEGA CORPORATION BOX 150 INSIDER 99 BOI 150 TRANSPORTABLE 599 BOX ISO CARTRIDGE 105 K05S SPEAKER ADAPTER 9 SPEAKERS KOSS HOT SMALL 29 SPEAKER HO A LARGE 49 LEGENDARY DESIGN ADDRE5S IT 23 INVOICE IT 33 MACROSYSTEMS NOAHJI S 149C N. Hermitage Rd. Hermitage, PA 15148 FAX: M12-962-0279 So TO S99 ...- 7N RiniMUfl $ 5 ¦ • U.rwmWIBUSflESSDAY' S» TO S199 .. 5S Minimum S7 JSSSRSd Ss bSve $ 2M TO s«9 .*% Minimum $ 10 PR. HI. AX aoa 513 toaDove $ 500 TO S799 5S Minimum 520 APO.FPOi CANADA are shfooed by tqnr 7 Vi Minim uni S7D Vj.' Add SS to aoove V LAB VIDEO DIGITIZE* 429 V LAB Y C 420 V LAB A120Q EXTERNAL 47* V LAB MOTION CALL RETINA 24BlTD:SPlAT BSD III 4 2111 CALL TV PAINT PROFESSIONAL 21 9 TOCCATA 379 MACROSYSTEMS US WARP ENGINE 2SMKZ 799 WARP ENGINE J3MK2 11*1 WARP ENGINE 40MKZ 1429 SPARKS 89 MULTILAYER-AOPRO 129 MULTlFRAME-ADPRO 19 MERRITT COMPUTER SYS, SATES* NA2000 19 SAFESKlN ASQO 19 SAFES*K AIQOQ 19 SAFES* KAI200 IS SAFE5*NA300a4000 19 MICRO R ft D MIDI OMNI EUREKA INTERFACE 44 9IGFOCT A ICO POWER SUPPir 2 COW 84 MOUSE SwiFTT 24 MAIFAI 11.400 FAX MODEM WvCP FAX 289 TRANSITION 39 A1200 PAM EXPANSION 99 BiSFOQT A2000 POWER SUPPLT 300W 114 POWER SUPPLY *4000 5WITCHABLE 299 MICROSEARCH CHROMA KEY PLUS 375 MICROSPEED TRACKBALL AMTRAC 65 NATURAL GRAPHICS SCENEPT ANIMATOR 4.0 56 NEC TECHNOLOGY MULTISPIN 33 CD ROM 389 TRTPLESPEED UP CD ROM DRIVE 389 NEWTEK UGHTYAAVE f STAN D ALON EI CALL LIGHTWAVE UPGRADE CAU TOASTER 3,1 SOFTWARE UPGRADE 49* TOASTER 1000 1999 VIDEO FLIER CALL OREGON RESEARCH CLARITY 14 SOUND DIGITIZER 119 DEYPAC3 79 HiGHSFEED PASCAL 109 PRCfUSHT 29 $ E Jut»«RONE I SEQUENCER ONE PIUS HIT KIT I SAMPLE 5ERIE5-ALL5 SAMPLE SERIES • ONE HISQFT BASIC 2 MEGALOSOUND VIOEOMASTER I YIDECMA5TER 1200 ! COLORMASTER I PROMiDl I OXX1 AEGIS SUPERBASE IV V.T.2 II 5UPERBASE PERSONAL * r PARAVISION M1230 I A 3X3500 2! MBA 12002 14 MHJ 488! I 1 MBA 12002 25 MHZ 882 II 41200 CLOCK I INTERNAL I I PERSPECTIVE SOFTWARE CHET BBS Y3 II POSITRON PUBLISHING DYNAMIC MOTION MODULE II PREVUE TECHNOLOGY SYNC STRAINER PURE LOGIC SOFTWARE 0* the bau. : REALSOFT REAL 30 4' ROCTEC ELECTRONICS ROCGEN PLUS 2! ROC KEY 2- SAS SASCA DEVELOPMENT Y 6.5 11 SCALA 5CALA ECHO r SCALA MULTI MEDIA ¥300 31 SOFTLOGIK PAGE5TREAM 3.0 21 PAGESTREAM FONT PACK I PAGESTREAM POSTSCRIPT A TYPE SMITH 2.0 SOFTWOOD SOFTCUPS CLASSIC CUP ART son CUPS PEOPLE CUP ART DNAL WRITER SonCUPS COLLECTORS CUP ART son CUPS ANIMAL CUP ART FINAL COPY II Son FACES Vot 2 50n FACES VW.J Son FACES VOL 4 son FACES VOL I PROPER GRAMMAR II SUNRIZE TOASTER HANDLER SMPTt OUTPUT
* 01012 8 STUDIO II A0SI8 4 STUDIO It SOUND SWITCH SUPRA MODEM 2100 EXTERNAL SUPRA MODEM 2400PLUS MNPW.4Z SUPRA MODEM SURRAFAX V.32BI5 114400) MODEM SUPRATAX VJ2 (9600) MODEM SURRAFAX 28.8 TRIMEDIA DRAWING SLATE 4X9 DRAWING BOARD III I EX. IB CORDED DRAWING BOARD III I Bit 8 CORDLESS DRAWING board III IZX12 CORDED DRAWING BOARD III IZXI2 CORDLESS UTILITIES UNLIMITED EM PLANT C DELUXE VIRTUAL REALITY VISTA PRO 3.0 REG. 4H3 DISTANT SUNS S.0 VORTEX GOLDEN GATE 166SLC GOLDEN GATE 466SLC2 WTO CHIP m oww hr m smw For what others charge for UW CreuriQ we deliver in Z 3iyi Q' less intemattonal OnSerx mot AM, FM) seM COPY 3r W of front 4 B2C8 Of CuffiB dffl wYsignrture cia or F« for shiK»ng Quote, coo oroerj ox. *03 S5 pnc« mwct to cfflftDewencwincoce Returns »a«xt*a(ar 1C 0*5 «tf ®tf Of curcust CB Curarwr for tAi r-e or* riTunlng rtsucB wn 5*n* sim 15 festoa-; fif for m -ft.rrK tug ret uS-a*-ss: fox u_4
C. xTOTtf rt!go*i C* for rtturn i.* o; -; Qur Low Price Guarantee We will beat any current nationally advertised price!* Session Minder r. 1994 LightWave 3D r ?.r % i inis is me lem lor her A Complete Client and Project Manager for Video Professionals! Organize all ol your Clients. Projects. Materials, Personnel and Sessions with this powertul new program. Select a client or a project and with one simple button you will always know exactly what events transpired, how long each session lasted, what materials were usee and who was working on it Perfect for a big production facility and individuals alike. T5371 without the Video Toaster RuIeaWs 3 5 of LiflhlWiMf !0 IntofpoWM rifw IrmlurHS sucti as mrnrsjirir-ir. Id' niiiflosic "‘pul, aoiornaiic Mjylrnrnv .idjuslmcnl, now fjrucetluiiil lexluri'ti uulumatk; lade into the distance ft* Inn; flares, imap*- output up it) 16EXJQ x 16003 ptand mote. Light W.v.v adcre the stunning Melalprm tool, which allows ypu to form organic shapes liom simple botes1 15363 Sbest! Toaster 4000 Software 3.1 Owners! Upgrade to L-ghiWavt; 3 5 loi Only 1536? $ 84.95! Video Toaster 4000 Call for pricing on Video Toasters & 3.1 Software upgrades Crouton Tools Makes your Toaster more Powerful, Faster and Easier to Use! Three killer programs in one package! Croulon Tools: Gives you real-time control of your toaster and up to Six Programs at once (memory permitting) for Awesome Editing Power and Streamlined Graphics Creation. Multitask like it was truly meant to be' No programming or scripting necessary. Super easy to use! Crouton Tools Logger: This is the Logger Catalog Llibrary Retrieval System lor Ihe Toaster Flyer User! The full-leature Visual (picture-based) Logging System catalogs and retrieves 12 necessary Toaster production elements including: Scenes from videotape. Framestores. Graphics. CG Books. Digital audio, etc. No other system makes finding and loading elements this fast! Once you have found your element, instantly load it into your Toaster or any other supported program. Instant O'ganization! Once you have logged somethmg-you can never lose it! Works with any VTR or editing controller. T5012 Crouton Tools Utilities: Easily the simplest Toaster File Disk utility available. Find, copy, rename, delete and load Toaster fifes simply and effectively. The straight-froward nterface helps prevent mistakes and provides a non-stressfu! Environment for file management control. DevWaro Video has released the most comprehensive Toaster utility to date..." AV Video May 1994 A must-have package for serious video professionals! 100% Toaster! New Version 1.5! Dynamic Motion Module Power Macros ar NEW! 17 Power Tools for LightWave Users! True 3-D explosions! Particle Swarming, Batch Rendering & more!! “...Aptly named. The flexibility they provide for modeling, animating and rendering a scene is impressive... easily worth the list price.” T52S9
- Video Toaster User Magazine. $ 104.95 Alpha Paint Montage $ 299.95 Your solution lor video titling, image composilion, and effects presentation using your Toaster' T3053 Montage 24 T5068 S214.95 Montage Fonts I T5015 $ 109.95 Montage Postscript Module Real-time font scaling of Postscript fonts, T5237 $ 189,95 m New • Used * Lease • Rent • Upgrade Raptor Plus Rendering Engine How Fast is Fast? DeskStation Technology has unleashed the power of the ferocious Raptor Plus rendering engine. The Increase in rendering power is so staggering, that frames which took hours to render on a 25MHz Amiga 4000 are devoured in minutes! The NEW Raptor Plus is based on the new 64-bit MIPS R4600 133 Mhz processor-the fastest of the MIPS family. Benchmarked at 27 to 54 times faster than standalone version of LightWave! Leasing option available. Call for pricing: (619) 679-2226 Raptor II Graphics Workstation Your Ultimate Graphics NT Workstation-Built for Media Production! DeskStation Technology’s Raptor If is a powerful Windows NT workstation designed specifically for 3D animators, graphic artists, video professionals and multimedia producers. With its blindingly fast 64-bit MIPS R4600 processor-the Raptor II outperforms other RISC-based systems and provides you with the best price perfomance value for 3D rendering and manipulation. Comes complete with 17" monitor, keyboard, mouse, tnple-speed CD-ROM drive, and Windows NT Operating System. Run ScreamerNet and get speeds up to 15 to 30 times faster than standalone LightWave! Leasing option available. Call for pricing: (619) 679-2226 Toaster Toolkit 4000 Six Power Tools for Power Users! The indispensable collection of utilities for Video Toaster 2.0, 3.0 and 4000 users. The mdisptms'ble collection ol utilities for Video Toaster users Toaster Toolkit 4000 breaks all barriers lor harnessing creative control over your Toaster Environment. You raved about Version J - break free of the mundane with the powertools of Toaster Toolkit 4000! These six powertools allow you to create customized effects and more! T5095 Toaster Project Editor FXToAnim Toaster Sequence Editor AnimToFX Color Font Converter FrameStore Compressor "...an intelligent investment for the Toaster owner who wants to customize, automate and simplify many Toaster tasks." AmigaWorld Magazine Sale! $ 74.95 The easiest, most accurate way to motion- animate with LightWave 3D! Dynamic Motion Module lets both animation novices and experienced animators rely upon the laws of physics and the computing power of the Amiga to automatically define and create real-world motion and object interaction in LightWave animations Tell the program how much an object weighs, how fast it's moving, and its direction of travel. DMM calculates the key frames, detects the collisions and makes the objects respond appropriately Many other features which make it perfect for animation tasks, Save time and become more productive-and it's available now! Tso*-: Mastering Toaster Technofogy The step-by-step guide from Video Toaster experts Brent Malnack and Phil Kurz that no Video Toaster customer can do without' eh os $ 39.95 Composite Studio Your ultimate program for controlling ToasterPaint or OpalPaint! New version-now with 70 templates! You can design your own templates, set shadow depths, do beveling, embossing, and much more. Comes with 40 templates! You can quickly and easily combine, resize, and arrange Framestores or RGBs. Composite Studio is perfect for the video, multimedia, or broadcast professional. Includes Quickbrush 4000-a $ 69,95 retail value! T5294 ¦ • $ 124.95 jpl. More’ V4131 536.95 Gel all 4 videos and SAVE! V4125 5129.95 New! Accessory Disks for Videos! Bones Otsk Conlams Swimming Shark plus 2 underwater Shark swimming scenes. Also walking Logo and Swaying Tree scenes. T53E6 S29.95 Displacement and Bump Map 2-disk set. Thu Morphing Landscape with llythrough, Waving Flag, Rippled Water. Pouring Water and Bursting Wall Scenes. TS357 $ 29.95 Machine Disk Wood gears opening scene. Ball Bearing, Square and round Tooth Gears. Bevel Gears. Cam. Complete working Back Hoe Arm scene with obiects. Motions and surfaces. T53G9 $ 29.95 All 3 disks lor only T5390 $ 79.95 All 4 Videos + 3 Disks 15391 $ 199.95 S p 3 T k S by Metro Grafx The most powerful dynamic animation software available for LightWave users! Brand new version! The most powerful dynamic animation software available for LightWave users! Particle animation system for LightWave 3D. Particles bounce with real world behavior & gravi- ly! Multiple point gravity wells allow bending and directing the stream, flock or swarm of particles. Control Origin, direction, gravity, quantity, spacing. Elasticity anc mass Complete wi|h wind, gustlng. Flaking and swirling confrols-adjuslable per axis! Do in seconds what would lake days lo seiup! T5164 $ 129.95 Motion Master New! Professional Animation Utilities for LightWave! Volume I T5316 $ 114.95 Includes Time Machine. Extract. Path Flock, and Mouse Recorder thaf all aid in the easy generation ol cascading envelopes. Volume II T5317 $ 114.95 Includes Child2Wcrld, Point. Wobbler and Volume Cube. Sparks + Mot. Mast, l&ll T5324 $ 314.95 Hollywood FX creates amazing 3D effects for video and interactive productions, using Lightwave for the highest quality rendering. Includes dozens of effects including multiple full motion video windows. 3D morphing transitions, particle effects and more. New libraries of effects will be available on a regular basis! Make your Toaster create video effects that rival Abekas and ADO systems-at a FRACTION of the COST! PAR users get the added benefit of being able to map video or animated sequences directly onto objects in their Lightwave scenes without exporting first to a large hardrive. Hollywood FX exports an unlimited number of sequences from the PAR as needed. Post processing with ADPro provides users with unique rotoscoped effects (e.g. processing video through the oil paint or fresco operators) and batch conversion for playback of effects or anims at HAM and 256 screen resolutions. T5298 $ 279.95 ENLAN-DFS New v2! Only $ 259.95 The Ethernet-based. Peer-to-Peer networking solution for the AmigafToaster. ENLAN-DFS is to networking what the Video Toaster is to 3D and video work,.,indispensible.’ September 94 Video Toaster User, ENLAN-DFS is the ideal network software for turning your Amigas into powerlul. Integrated workgroups, whether it's two. Twelve or two hundred systems! ENLAN-DFS is easy to install and use. And is transparent la your application software. T5096 NO DEDICATED SERVER is required.
• Ideal for incorporating Raptors into your network
- Share drives, directories, anc data files across the network.
• Access printers, tape drives and CD-ROMs through the network.
• Use NelRexx to send and receive Arexx commands lo any system or Arexx pod on the network.
• Security features to restrict access or protect data files using passwords.
• Integrate software and hardware between systems to maximize your productivity and efficiency. Hydra Ethernet Card T5312 $ 289.95 ENLAN-DFS ? 2 Hydra s T5372 $ 799.95 New Version 1.5! More Power! More Features! Was $ 299! If you do image processing, you must have the new ImageMaster R t. Retargetable operations gives you true colors all popular 24-bit and even adjusts the display to compensate your monitors shortcomings, so what you see is truly what you get. Many great features; Thumbnail Image Support, save noles with images, lossless 24-bit compression, Automatic Image File Readers-to access popular file formats, plus the hottest image manipulation tools available on the Amiga...bar none, tstoo SOFTWARE Pixel 3D Professional V.2 Transporter Ver. 2 $ 109.95 SPECIAL DEVWARE OFFER! Buy Transporter v2 and get Mailing List Manager (OEM version)-FREE! Automates sequential frame grabbing with the Sanyo GVR-S950 and Sony EVO-9650 decks. Makes single framing and roto- scoping a simple task with BCD. AmiLink or other V-LAN controllers. New version supports Picasso. Retina, EGS Spectrum Board. Picture-in-Picture, Opalvision and IV-24 24-bit graphics boards. T5342 Digital Sound Track T5202 $ 54.95 New version supports PAR cards! Do prerecorded audio scripts triggered by SMPTE! Sync audio to video with these controllers: AmiLink, BCD's, V-LAN's, Sanyo GVR-S950. And Sony EVO-965G! Batch Factory T5256 $ 44.95 Over 350 scripts! Many special effects scripts. Alpha channel routines for ADPro and ImageFX. Image conversion from 1 format to another, and much, much more! Road Signs New! T5327 $ 44.95 50 objects for use In accicdent reconstruction & outdoor scenes for LightWave. SurfacePro Newl T5182 $ 62.95 A versatile set of seamless LightWave surfaces. Artworks ClipArt Lib T5194 $ 32.95 Over 1500 images in this collection! Mailing List Manager T5201 $ 24.95 Output directly to PageStream or ProPage for labels, envelopes, mail merge and more. Fully customizable database. OEM version comes wa retail box. Pro Textures Combo Collection Completely seamless real world images. T5192 $ 59.95 WaveLink Dimension Technologies Objects for LightWave 3D The Cathedral T5297 S47.95 The Jurassic Collection LightWave models of Trexx, Pterodactylus, Gallimimus, Brachiosaurus and more! T5264$ 129.95 The Wedding Collection Over 50 wedding-specific objects for Lightwave! T5267 $ 54.95 The Sports Collection Over 50 sports objects. T5268 $ 54.95 The Music Collection T5282$ 54.95 Wedding, Music & Sports Collection Bundle SAVE! T5283$ 149.95 Odds & Ends Over 200 objects for LightWave! T5295 $ 42.95 Backdrop Construction Kit T5296 $ 42.95 Quickbrush 4000 100 Hi-res 24-bit brushes designed for CG4000. T5266 $ 49.95 New! 75 wipes and effects for your Toaster!!! 34 Live Action Wipes and 41 assorted 3D Style Wipes. Matle Wipes, Soft Edge Wipes, 16 level Alpha Effects and their own 24bit Elfects! Rsi« $ 69.95 DIGI1AL PROCESSING SYSTEMS INC Personal Animation Recorder PAR Card W 1GB HD T5276 Sbesl PAR Card w 1.6 GB HD T5277 Sbest Personal TBCIV T5204 Sbest S-Video in and out. 4:2:2 processing for the cleanest possible video image. Personal Vectorscope T5205 Sbest Swipes! Stunning new color transitions and special effects tor Video Toaster 4000 users! Now you can get:
• Dozens of NEW Color Effects!
• Special Effects overlays.
• Color transparency eltects. ¦ Full-color animated transitions.
• Alpha channel dissolves. T5291 $ 97.95 And 100% Amiga! PC oT|J Task * % - Professional Version 2.0 KCS 3.5 with Level It Now! (Mew Low Price!-Orig. Powerful 48-track sequencer that operates in linear or non-linear or pattern- based mode. Allows assembly of up to 16 songs, and features realtime graphic editing of notes and controllers, quick scoring and printing ot standard musical notation, automated MIDI mixing. T536B Copyist DTP v1.6 Now! $ 69,95 (New Low PriceV-Ong. List $ 349.95} Music printing and scoring program prints 100 pages of music on laser. PostScript or dot-matrix printers. With Adobe Sonata fonts. Supports IFF and EPS files. T5369 Tiger Cub Now! $ 29.95 (New Low Prico'-Onq. List S99) 12-irack sequencer wjth real-time graphic editing and instant standard music notation for both display and print out. T5370 OctaMED Professional v. s New Low Price!! Over 100,000 sold! Blue Ribbon Works T2040 oaa o-rn A-rcn Fax; (619) 679-2887
- OUU-879~0759 Technical Support: (619) 679-2825 Order Toll-Free 1 Or mail your order to: DevWare, Inc. -12520 Kirkham Court. Suite 1-AW56, San Diego, CA 92064 liolsT InqutfKt 'Jtk'jic Pnm and avaiitxtav iX jroduct Jrc tubgtu ti> ctunge nnhtaif outer Flto* cifcvtm: 'cpirmhtr IV W* Morphing System, at an Affordable Price! Cocoon is a full-featured, professional morphing system without the Rolls Royce prrce. You can any IFF image. AGA formats and save frames as 2-41 -bit. HAM. HAM-8, or 16-level grayscale. Perform warps and morphs using vectors-the easiest way to define and execute morphs, CocoonMorph doesn't use grids or points like other less powerful packages, instead, Cocoon uses lines and vectors tc define your moprh which are easier, faster and more intuitive to define and yield more predictable results. Cocoon also incorporates powerful image composition features and allows line control over the rate of warp'morph of each area or pixel. T5056 Bowl a strike, swirl 10,000 snowflakes in the wind, make characters dance...and much more Real 3D v2 is unique-you can have complex 3D objects move and react to their environment with "intelligence." As if they were in the real world-all with one powerful program1 T5044 Rea! 3D v2.4 + 3-Video Instructional Series Bundle T5377 S459.95 How To Order... From DevWare VideoiToolChest: Write your name, shipping address, daytime telephone and. It paying by credit card, the card's billing address. List the product codes of the items you would like to order (i.e. V2040, T2035.e tc.) And the price of each item. Enclose a check money order or Visa MasterCard Disco ver.'American Express number & expiration date & mail to: DevWare Video -12520 Kirkham ct, Suite 1-AW56 * San Diego, CA 92064 “Intelligent" Power Tools for Power Users! Get Particle Animation. Collision Detection, Inverse Kinematics Skeletonal Control-in full-featured 3D modeling and rendering program. New from Noahji’s V Lab Y C Digitize 30lps video from videotape or laserdisc in full color! Saves sequential frames as YUV, IFF24, or AGA formats.T5162 $ 419.95 VLAB Motion JPEG Board and Complete System Call! Retina Ztll 24-Bit Display Board w-4MB Get photorealistic display capabilities with this 24-bii graphics card and plenty ol -chip ram’ tor your most intense graphic needs. Go way beyond AGA and still maintain full compatability. For A3000 or A4000. T5310 $ 689.95 Retina Zill Board 1 MB T5309 $ 549.95 Studio Printer Print 16.7 million colors or 256 levels of gray on Hewlett Packard Laserjefs and Deskjefs as well as Canon Color Printers! Supports the latest 600 dpi printers loo. True to screen colors with color adjustment with 32bit accuracy. Also includes special drivers for PageStream 2.xx. T3062 $ 63.95 Toccata 16 Now available! Full 16bit audio digitizer with 3 Stereo inputs, i Mic input and 1 stereo output Toccata can digitize at up to 48Khz in 16bll. Direcl to hard disk! Includes onboard mfxer and optional ADPCM compression! T5222 $ 439.95 NEW! Get Faster Reads! Faster Writes! Quicker Seek Times! On your drives! The NEW HyperCache Pro v2 is an extension of your AmigaDOS perfor- via the addition of complete read and write disk caching-resulting in performance increases of up to 3000%! It can make all of your applications feel as if they were running on a RAM disk. Works with IDE, SCSI. AT and XT hard drives, as weil as floppies and CD-ROMs! T5387 $ 49.95 Aladdin 4D Newest Version1 T2031 $ 259.95 AmiBackPtus Tools T5165 $ 74.95 Art Department Pro 2.5 T11S0 $ 149.95 AutoPaint for ToastcrPaint T5I42 S69.95 Batch Factory T5256 $ 44.95 Broadcast Titter II SuperHlres T3051 $ 159.95 Broadcast Titter II Font Pack 2 T1152 $ 89.95 Brilliance v2 New! T5019 $ 99.95 Digital Sound Track T5202 $ 59.95 Directory Opus 4.0 T1032 S64.95 Genie Tools 1 for Aladdin 4D T5325 $ 39.95 GenieTools II for Aladdin 40 T5383 $ 49.95 Helm T5050 $ 89.95 Imagine 3.0 Finally Available! T5234 S359.95 Image FX T3060 $ 189.95 Image Mirror T5315 $ 89.95 Morph Plus T1067 S124.95 Playmation T1Q68 $ 299.95 Real 3D Professional v2 T5G44 $ 384.95 Vista Pro Newest Version T1097 S64.95 Still haveh't found what tour lookpno for? We have wahy more products...give us a callI OTHER SOFTWARE HomeBuilders’ CAD Deluxe-Sale Priced! A full-featured CAD program Includes: Contractor’s Upgrade. HomeBuilders Library 1 and DeckBuilders CAD Design and Estimating System for Decks. From a room addition to a cluster of condos; HomeBuilders CAD makes it easy lo design, change and estimate your next project. Features include -20 acre drawing area. -Accuracy to 1 60th inch. -Supports buildings over 200 stories high. -Over 3CO.OOO layers. -Over 60 predefined doors and windows. Contractor's Upgrade allows you lo have up to 1000 items (instead of
450) per layout. Library 1 is a library of furniture and custom kitchen cabinets. AmigaDOS 2 compatible. Requires 2.5MB of RAM. Original list of over $ 400! T4032 HomeBuilders’ CAD 2 Includes ail ol the above except Contractor's Upgrade and Library 1. AmigaDOS 2 compatible With 2 disk drives, requires 1MB, with hard drive, requires 1.5MB Original list price: S24S.00 Version 2 The inexpensive and powerful IBM VGA Emulator solution for any Amiga! This amazing program lets you actually RUN MS-DOS software on your Amiga! PC-Task runs as a task on it's own screen-leaving your Amiga applications free continue to multitask. PC-Task is a software based emulator and. Such, is not as quick as a hardware bridgeboard, bul is also hundreds ol dollars less! Perfect lor your occassional MS-DOS needs. PC-Task even allows you to use your Amiga's serial and parallel ports tor the PC emulation1 PC-Task even takes advantage ot an accelerator...the taster your Amiga, the faster tho emulator runs! T5072 MultlFaceCard III T5239 $ 84.95 Oktagon (SCSI-ll A3000 4000) T5240 S134.95 Alta Drive 3.5" External Floppy Drive for all Amigas T5253 $ 74.95 AlfaScan Plus 4CQ DPI Hand Scanner with Touch Up Software T1024 S139.95 Mega Mouse 400 DPI replacement mouse for all Amigas T5243 $ 27.95 AlfaOptic Optical Mouse 300 DPI fully opncal mouse T5288 $ 44.95 Optical Pen Mouse For graphics professionals. T1017 $ 64.95 AllaScan 800 DPI Hand Scan T5242 S184.95 Crystal Trackball T1Q19 S44.95 . Track Bail with 'glowing" crystal ball ALFA DA TA $ 49.95 We have been the othciai Public Domain Library of all the best Amiga magazines. Find cul why these magazines choose us' The first two letters on each disk ind-cafe the orientation of the disk; WB general interest - most programs can be run from the workbench. FD games and entertainment. VO are video related programs util lies and DO advancea--requires thorough knowledge of AmgaDOS Cli Thanks ro our extensive arsena' of anti-virus software. ALL of our software is guaranteed virus free> New version of a Best Seller! WblTSABC: Term 4.0 - i! You have ArrigaDOS 2- and a mooem, tnon this is THE program for you Term nas an Arex* port, senpts. Supports air poou'a' file wans 'er protocols ana much more! We wish ail progtams were this, good 3 disk set counts as 3 Newest Disks V013; Toaster Textures reflection maps, bump maps, surfaces ana scents for bghiWave VC12; MamActOr - An mat cn processor. Reads wr its con- veds many animation picture formats and supports many crzpn cs boards very nce' V B14E: ImagoKnile Loacs IFF. Jpeg. GIF images wi;h manipulation like rotaiion, nose, filters, halftoning, pnoizing, edge detection ano more Requites Workbench 3* W6t 45: Big Dummies Guide 10 ifte Interne) An interactive AmigaGuide to the informal on highway and how lo lap if WB144: Molecule CPK renCers space filling rooresonl.itions ol atoms and molecuies Reg's WB3 0* & Hard drive Wbi43; ViowTek THE definitive o spiay miMy. Versions irc'uoed for Amiga, DCTV. EGS. FC24, Picasso. OpalviSidn, Refina. IV24. Also ir-ciudes new MakeArrmT utility, WB142; JCGraph A beautiful graphic package, pie charts. 3D chans o' an Types, expons EPS iff i Draw2000 lormats1 V7BI41ABC0: Amiga Verse Search The Authorized 1611 King James Bib p on me1 Complete cross-relerencmg to all woras is included Requires WB! 3- and 2 floppy enves WBI40: Mr, Backup A powerful nard-crive backup ut''7 wr.h tyl tgpe qrive Support Formally commercial1 Req WB2» Fdt02AB: SlarWolds - A *un achon adventure snoa; em-uD win killer grapn es-based or the Sta? Wars saga. Rea t MB Chp RAM lor PAL Mode FD101: WipeOut.Dofonder Dsferder is a virtually perfect clone of the original. Wipeout 15 a multi-scrolling shoot'em up wiin great graphics ana smooth animation. Requires tMB FolOO: Pengo II A clone of the original coin-op classic. Requires 1MB chip RAM for PAL mode FD99; The Shepherd A killer cicne great graphics ano sound etfu Quire toB FD9SABC: Klondike AGA - So! Outsundmg hi res AGA graphics1 Runs n nulhscanfl vty PAL S"ree" jode FD97: Bonanza Bad!esh®i-a battleship game Tan* n Stuf-seei anq cestro, n aKol 4-W3vscT m o"b Mi eS'.ones-o ay Mi e Bou'nes wa>rtsi Gaactoid-a galai-an type game FD96: Tetris Duel AGA - Tne r- x! Ge-'eration T*tns..2 players can piay head fa head and sabolage each other1 GrelL graphics for AGA machines! Re At200 or A40jjB OD93: Magic User Interlace Greafl Ms evij Mfir Auto Screen.Window Foni sensilve mi teces onomRfmorei ? D92; Developer Contains Ihu olficlal Commodor® develop ers kits for ihe AmigaGuide and Commocore trratiill Utilltes a must have tor all SC-r.Ous deve opers Fun Disks FD7: Pacman ¦ This dis* contains several pacman type games including: PacManS7, MazeMan and Zomx. FD11: Las Vegas and Card Games - Las Vegas C’aps - The ces: Las Vegas Craps s mulaion every wntten far any computer Contans extensive help features. Also Thirty One.VideoPcker and more FD12AB: Slar Trek, Tho Game - This tS by far the boil Slar Trek game eve1 written for any computer II features mouse control, good graphics, d g tized sound effects and great game- play. Counts as 2 d-sks. Req 1Mb and two drives (or hd|, : I0M • Not onp, bui tne running ai M5-C if! Comer-complete w dnves tf>Jo 72CK IBM out our IJC-Yask emulator on our DevV are Video page' FD13: Board Games - McI~ti FD17: Educational Gamea Hhridud** S*vttH games fdr youngsters me ud ng qeBraphy matn. Sdar » and wo'd games, aiso includes Wheyy ¦Fonune FD20: Tactical Games MrWiForcs; A gam a«lmulatp'> ccrcat defweer two or ma-efcni words can ! Beg n to g ve you the feel cfBfoting a3Q - 40 loot tall, fire breathing, earth $ hak.ng coiosfflf that obeys your evea whim. FD33: Arcade Games ¦ Ffrpfiy a Mario Brothers npe of game, Gerbils a large! Praciqfcgame. P oeLme a Brman interpretation of Pipe Dreams. 1 a tight o&t&lri&i. And Wetroids a wonderful vers on of Avoids vwfraTiilariOUS IwlS! F038; Games ¦ Cribbnge MasterWA. Greal crlbbage garw and tutor, Spades - a well done card ime. ChmeseCftuckers A ccmpuler version ol this classic. Ru7Z ¦ a slide piece auzz'e game and construct-on set WB1G5AB: Workbench 2+ Extras 2 Tf-rt set contains 1ft* programs nat should have been included w th WB2+ These powerful utilities tan* fw' advantage ol |ft* many new eapab-iities m.at are avaiatt* in Workbench 2., Includes Tod Manager - -i wonderful utility t& ,I 30 prograrr-i to your TOOL menu, Virus Protection ¦ Degrade! Icon - Enhances Worfrbnntfi’n "Snow Air to dltplny Over 40 distinct icons tor d.tlernni type-, ol files Bitmap Font Editor, Scteon Bankers • pin Irpctal; and spliner; .id .warming dues I RequdSlflf Enhancers and CPU Bid Two rtisk set, counir. Ai two Order Toll-Free (800) 879-0759! Fax orders inquiries: 619-679-2887 Check out our DevWare Video ad for order info, or $ 2.95* ea. 20-29 Disks S3.45* tta. 11-19 Disks Guarantee - We believe so strongly in our product that we offer a full lifetime, complete satis'action guarantee. No questions asked. F039A4B: Star Trek. The New Generation • Th-s is a ccm- petely dirfereni version of S:ar Trek than that found on FD12. Tn .5 one was created oy the German author Tobias. Excellent"! Counts as two disks Requires 512k FD50: Submarine Game - Seaiance one and a bait years in the making, tn s is an outstanding submarine tactical game. Commercial quality. Highly recommended. FD85ABCD: AmlgaWorld'a Bo«l These lour disks contain the honest p d games' Includes Mother Lode, Mona. Minefield. Poing, Intruder Alurt, Deluxe PaeMan, Rocky and Super Artillery (see Dec. ’92 AmignWortd) Four disk set. FD57. Arcade Games - Includes 2 truly commercial cualily games MegaBall, a- Arsa-c a si game, features 5 musical scores and acccting gameptay Gravity Attack ¦$ a psychad&i* i»c frip through several c tferent worlds each drttereni. FD59; Game Potpourri Xenon III s an almost exact cicne o* the con-mercia. Game o’ the same name a great shectemup. Crosswo-d wil ia e lists ot words S automatically generate word-search puzzles for any Epson compatible primer. FD6i: Games ¦ Solitaire, great grapmcs. Plays two versions. Kitde. An Interesting piece of eye candy Extreme Violence; 2 player kill or be kil'ed game. YATC; A Toths clone with Artifical Intelligence Genesis; creale realistic 3d fractal worlds. FD62; PomPom Gunner. An exrreme y smooth and wel! Cone World War II gunner simulation Req 1 megapyte of memory. FD67: Arcade • Includes Liamairon a well-done Robotron' clone Hate is a ¦terrific" Zamon clone with multiple ieve's worlds and smooth diagonal scrolling a 10' FD69; MlndGames ¦ Had enough of shoot em up games’ Re ax ano let r-eso 2t games e«erdse yout mmq instead ai yOur wriSL FD73: Arcade Series • Intruder Alert! Is a MULTl-level ’Berserk" done Features smooth gamepay. Great graphics A d g t zed souro I x FD74: Arcade Series - RingWar is an ’Outer Limits' done with vectorized graphics. MctherLode is a ’Lode Runner" cone with 50 levels' In BlitzTanks. They re coming at you from a I directions!' Gall in air strikes and use your heavy artillery to survive' F075: Arcade Series - Descender 15 a dOG| of the osspfo arcade game Tempesi". Compi |vecWiz rd gj Rics. Tanx is the classic taltle a®Sf0OTri«s and inertia (wTween I"-i dBtk’ we Bonn' Search Is a maBgamc- mduoed Vi level m tmta Tan iBquirq; tjfgcWpmemo Pat Aq'«i ¦ F3f7: Arcade Saftes - Gafca 92 is .1 cone ol f’ v%cade galfe with sevg Bpamep'ay»pfianceme-'!s--with smoo crth. 03 j ertZW! 'ers*on 0 Tt B A >n wffia m rquer FdaifcuperGames ¦ Some of the b«sf games-Donkey Kcrg Is beBr than Ihe eng nal with an extra twirl* Frantic Freddie and Trn lBlazer are bolh lasl-a vd arcade games Mad Bomt)«' is tne clas tyuna ot -KiiBoifcm" redor.o with an Amiga tla*e ftn "re o*c -Henti FD82: ininipid - In the Arctc Ice. You control a JinRn a mission 10 resdjjB tetages n this superbly cra'led jg-iga ongina FD84; GawsJ Deluxe PacAfa better :h J ne onamal” 20- mazcs Bpecai custemtr.g grwtics. Th -kAman a™ the dassc game ot coneemra®--wi8t D rs- tully drawn H»s images B FD3E UcheSISL- The strongest pay r-g Che trooram avail- able lor the A*3 periqc Req 60030. V JbbenqhS*. 4M6' RAM O' more Bpoans AGA (rpq 0MB 1 FO07; OXYD- ¦convtwca quality gamJBmiar to Man»e Madness m nanM«ys. Bui .mows two compuiern to i nk 4 cay together ..see nopmany 01 Ihe 200 andscapes you can ccm- plele wthout having to get Ihu h.ml book' FO88: AmyBoulderdash • a clone of tho original classic., extremely well done complete with level editor, 2 complete sets of levels ane a level editor. Requires WorkMrtch 2*1 FD89; Kastle Kumquat ¦ A thoroughly enterta'I ffnxi Chal-I 'eng rg mare adventure g | tfBBttu£>dtracund graph! ¦OS Ree s 1 MB CnpR tflp PAL model FD9Q Conquest i Dominion • Conqueuho kncwr-mprio arJ Menra n dominion u JP;-a rr croCoim AeconO”' C rvwa a FD91; Popeyc A jSw ol the original cas- c- rT.iga" jptyle w in enna'ioecBaphics Req ’MB Bp RAM FD92: Blast etn ¦ coBuns Scorcnec T.ir Bi tank batte%tfi Uunstc we-asbns defies & •g'eaf Gaacto c &i!di. A' Space invaclu gatnm Ppeiety Amiga-t zeo.
N) 3: Mega MSA - This is the one you’ve been wailing '¦ Updj(BiM»dk your socks off I THE best p. d game far iimAmiga. Req.'5 W02* & 1MB ram Show off thaf AGA FD94: Scorched Tanks • completely updated and compatible with AGA 3 Ol 60 different ways lo b ow each other away1 An outstanding game cl angles, traiwclones 5 unique a*senals‘ FD95: Deluxe Galaga - You should be paying 540 bucks for this one' Ai kinds of power-ups and nky smooth motion Req S 1 M3 Chip RAM (Fat Agnus) for PAL Mode Workbench Disks W84;Telecom.munication ¦ Th.s disk ccrtta ns several excellent pd ccmmurecabon o-cgrams Access l 42 Ccmm 1. 34 5 Handshake 2.12a See also WBI02 & WB1I5. WB5: Fonts 1* 35 bitmap fonts Also ircluded are five PageStream tents.and ShowFont - a font disqlay program WBE: Fonts 2 - ShowFont allows yCu !0 quickly ano painlessly view all 256 characters in n typical lont. Includes large AmigaDOS system lonfs (many up to 56p!S). VVB7: Clip An - This disk is loaded wilfi black and while clip an. An includes, irees. Watches, tools. US and State m3ps. Ana more WB9: Icons Truly a multitude of various types and kings Also mcfudes IconMester, tccnlao. Arc oiners great utilities to heipgeno'ale icons. WB12: Disk Utilities - This great cisk rs loaded wilh wonderful utilities for everyth rg including making disk labels, d.sk cataloging. 0‘5k optimizirg, disk ana file recovery archive ana otga- nizmg. A«o all sons o! Fife manipulation, A must have! W813AB: Printer Drivers and Generator - over 70 ct rierent drivers (includrg HP LaserJet 3 A 4'), also includes a printer- driver generator Two c s set counts as two WS15: Business - This Ci5k contains a spreadsheet, a database, a project time management program ana * nanc-ai jnays s (stocks) WB18: Word T**i Processors - Thu c-sk contains me dost editors Includes TexlPiuS (v2.2e) a full featured wore processor. Ome(vl 35) a great programmers editor with strong macro features ToxED(v2 8| an enhanced Emacs type editor, and a spell checker WB22: Fonts 3 ¦ 5evera more great fonts. These, like the oiher tom disks work great with Dpain; and WYSIWYG word processors. WB23: Graphics and Plotting • Pioi. A 3-D mathematical fund on plotter. Can plot ary user defined function, BezSurf2 • produce awesome pictures of objects one could turn on a i3tne Can aso map IFF image Wes onto any surface mat i can draw Now compatible wth most 3D packages, ana Vscreen . Makes a vrrfual Screen anywhere WB25: Educational - On this a sk are two programs that can generate naps of differing types. Wor d Data Base uses the CIA's oata base to generate detailed maps of any entered user global coordinates A'so Parade* a great demonstration of Aioert Einstem Genera' Theory of Refattvity. WB27: Nagel ¦ 26 Patrick Nagel pictures cf beautiful women Special Product •New Release!! QT3: The A64 Package Version 3 - A very complete Commodore 64 emulator. Supports any CPU and is fully compatible with WB1 3 & 2.0 and now 3 Ol This version includes a special adaptor that will allow you to connect your £4's 1541 disk drive to your parallel pon of your Amiga for total emulation. Ai -new transfer software1 Special price S59.95 -with hardware WB33 Circuit Board Design - several ternl-c routines for the electronic enthusiast Including PCBtool • a circuit board design tool. Log cLab ¦ circuit 'og c tester, and Mead (i 26) a wen done new release ol this PD CAD program now comes wilh predrawn common circuit comaonents for insertion into schematics. WB35: 3D Graphics - This disk conta ns Ofonts • Full vector ‘ont set for use with 3d programs, FontMaker - make 3d fonts 'rom any system fbnt. Make3DShape - create 3d Shapes tiom any mage DumptolFF - create 3d animations presa-ves pallet. W0T'rC3d • a demo o' a from enc ‘or use with DKBRender. WB36: Graphics - On this d ss are several p-og-ams to creale Stunn=ng graphical images including. Mpath - creates swifting galaxy •mages. Roses - p'CCuce an un I'm teo number of variations Of mages that a symiretncally s.mlaf to a rose. S.mGen d splay Itiose spectacular mages as par! C! You' workbench, and RoyShade - a very good raylraong program, cr your own beautiful 3d graphic mode s with gno' WB37; Educational EdJC Mftames and pjzzies thai cover mathjtijjography. Speing. And books. Aqfc 6 * 15 WB43; Butifneis • This Cs«pntairrs AniilytiCaic Brbbaby ntouqgsl pcwurlul spreadshiH progum on the Am A. A full featured sprSdshee: w ih r-jja>y feat es expected ifln com
- ¦- cuii pac- aL Rt*q ’ : f.‘|9 ¦ WB46: Clip Bh - HignReJpp Ad f0mo fotiO’w -a ¦atrft * embeII1 sftmontwbordgrs, cjdlds ,...), people, & transfr&tion WB47 > A rB Hi res cl >sM Motfs - hair,Rafting, summer Yi'BjipBCtip An fHves c fm. Met ts - He cays. Mu*kc. Meo jg indnwc WB53; Graphics - Raytraong programs generate aosolutely stijm-'-ig realistic looking planes, rockets. Ou;:dmgs ... and sue-
• eal images C-' ight is me most powerful EASY-TC-USE cl t's kna we have seen to date This is easily better, and more full featured, than similar commercial programs costing m the hundreds of dollars Amtt’SMovio - a tuH featured vcoo lexi filler S'mil nr to ProViflp, Broadcast Tiller. Great video IdtfMig. Wipes, special iwcts, and more 854; Printing • This » cootaihs several routines to help .'¦Ik ihe chore of o'lntingBpcludes Gothic • Finally a Banner b-mr tor the PD' PnmSiAo -a well impiementeo all-purpose prAef-utn ly with a very a|rnfonable graaM irrter'ace and maBr advances features. LB- w-ft tiles to 3 W«bAp) iilP Co l - a fun feat-reo disk copier. Irakljteckups ot copy protectee disks. RoaoRoute - find the 3u ckWnt rbul* Hem one cty 10 another, highway descrpt on included Diary - a diary program I we ’Dcugy Hcuser M D Cal a calendar program, Magman - a database tailored for articles ana pubtication.s W057; Animation ¦ Th 5 0>Sj vera OeT»arwn*rions Including. Bimef. Loi y. fiST.v e bqe*. AnAeromorph. W062: blidt-fJ tint res L Several useful midi uli !V inducing, crograrriwS:IransleJttFand from sevarai music pjjpgrams lo rrtci a rwi sysex Ottfdier. A midi reccrcfcr with : rrfcase, display m® inlo f®sequence piayer.fcnd a ha scores WB53. Hsk Utiiidpb 03 Several h grtafecorr ’’ •%ed ffcms t®id in terming duplicate ! Your hfld drive. PltormB Me bacl ps, Binaryed faSf formatting, til* re ver)ManfS lorc drsk' WB Cn of corrupt asks Wbfc: (cons 2 Lot s of real ©ns Also, several wcnaerfui progVrts rhftf 10 let you create yeur own icons, moody ano mar p3Pt He icons arq ttifo structiu'es. WB69; Music 90 minutes 0! Classical anc modern elecfron.c muse lor you Am ga V7675: Music - Over :00 nstfumer.ts files, fins!) And sample sound Wes (ssi WB79; Homo 4 Business Accounting Incudes Ckbacci ¦ 3 checkbook balancer. LCDCalc - this well dcno calculator has a very largo display and operates from ihe keyboard o* mouse, Mileage master ¦ monitor your automobile mileage with Ihis mileage log. Grammar ¦ a grammar checker, and Woridtlrm* - find out whfll time it is m up 10 50 global Git « V B81: Great Applications - DataEasy a very easy to use. Database program Don't let the ease o' use tod' ycu th s is a very fu featured database p'ograrn including fu l printer centra for add'OSS labels and rrjl merge appl canons Also includes TypeTul a good typing Tutor, RLC a lull lenturod label prmier Banner, a multi lont banner maker and Budget a homo accounting m a program, Highly recommended V B82: Animations - Four full length well done "mov e' style animations. Including. Coyote. Jugglerll. GhosTPool. A Mechanix 2 disks. Counts as 1. WB93; Workbench 1,3 Extras *2 Contains the unities that Commodore should have shipped with mo Amiga; VirusXA o, Snap. FixDisk irocovor corrupl dtr'oioc files). Disk Optimizer ((loppy A hard), Machlll (screen blanker holkey, mouse accel.. macro, clock utility). GOMF fa gurubusterjand PrinlSludio WB95; Checkbook Accountant 2,1 - Definitely commercial grade; we’ve seen many checkbook programs and mis is the best, Full budgeting, transaction recording A report generation. WB9S: Dupers - Contains Xcopylll A Sib which will backup copy-protectee programs FreeCopy removes copy protection Iron severa programs, and SuperDuoer w.tl crank-out fast AmgaDOS o»«s WB102; Telecommunications - Cor,tans the programs Ncomm 2.0 and VtiOO 2SB Zmooem protocol. XPR protocol support full VTTOG emulation Ncomm's scoot language is so powerful I! Can create a lull-featured BBS system. WB106: Home Manager - This is a g-eat all-in-one address book with ar auiodtalerfnotepaa'to-cro I st appointment sched- ulerrhome inventory database and phone number dialer. WB109: VerseWlse Display, search and print Tne New Testament WB1! 3: Sid II - Why pay 40 bucks for a directory utility, when this ore will do it all plus much more1 A truly professionat-cal- ¦oer prog'am. Sa i was our oesT. No»* comckerefy rewritten Sid 2 wtfl astound you WB114: Fonts 4 • Contains 36 bitmap system fonts WBI16: Databases This is what you've been waiting tor* Contains 5 uniquely speca irod database programs for tracking: Videotapes. CD s, Magazine Articles, Comic Books and Trading Carcs! WB120: Grinder * a complete graphics conversion package that supoorU GIF's. Jpeg, Neocflrome. Degas. PCX. Targa. TIFF HAM-E ar.d IFF forma! Pcturos An invaluable tooi for all desktop-videographors and desktop publishers WB118: Amiga Boglnnnr You ns«-*d far iff Acomp'ufe luta'ia! !op tne nnflf on using the Amiga Slans you o'f a: The- powiifsw tcfi and fakes you through 'a The CliShe i and all po MS in between Bonus1 Asa intiuded a'O ’8- co’ar icons lo rep ace nvny can m your 2.0* Workbench WB121; ProPage3 4 Enhsncer This disk contains over 40 ‘Gen es' for use with PrcPage 3*. Meudmg useful ones like Make Pie Chart and Resize Text to fit Bo* tc name 3 few Also includes structured A bitmap c. pan for unique borders .3 must haw tor ail Ppage 3 users WB122: System Optimizer ¦ Kccnmodity enhances your system, gives memory meters, mouse keyboard enhancements. Onl ne timers plus many others , loo numerous to lisil Reorg will Optimize hard And floppy d'Sks for a big Speed increase HDMem will allow you to use up to 2 megs of hard- drwe space tor virtual memory! (Req 68020* w>MMU) AI! Programs require 2.0*. WB123AB: Flags of ihe World same as WB124. Bui for Workbench 1,3. Req. TMB 2 disk set, counts as two WQ124: Flags ol the World - Two mcdes dick and learn 0* a game to test your knowledge Gleai graphics-fantastic learning icc-. Has current Russ'O A Yugcs'avia republics. Rea Workbench 2.0* 4 iMB RAM WB127: Blinkers - Ovrv 20 d-fr r«rt Screen bankers Most run on Workbench 1.3* .a rew require 2 0- WB123: ColorFonta - contains 12 color b tmap forts for use with Dpamt or any software that supports ColorFoms WB129; Super Virus Killer From Safe He* Int l. wno cata- ogs and kills Amiga Viruses worww'de a ccmo'ete virus system that knows ail Amiga vruses., updated often. Reo. WB 2- WB130: TcolManger 2 ¦ The ultimate fool manager far your Workbench. Add animated icons, sound effects and Cocks' of programs to your WB very uselull Req 2 0- and hard drive. WBU1: Magic Workbench Make your 2 C s* Workbench iQfriP wi’h stylo with these 8-colot Orlheied icons Easy aufo- instalis in minutes Req s WB2 04- and hard drive WB132: Canon Studio Version 2 - Special printer Preferences eotor ano drivers tor BJC 6CD. 800 A 8B0. LBP. At. A2. BJC 800. BJ 5. TO. 20. 200. 230. 300. 130 YVB133: Panasonic Studio ¦ Specai pnnier Prefererces edt* tor and driver system for ail Panasorrc 9 A 24-p n printers. WB134: 3.0 AGA Blanker - B itz3 nker for WB3 0- 14 different btansers tc really show off ycur AGA machine! WB135: 3-C Extras a1 ¦ 13. Utilities lor WB 3.0 Sevor3! Must- haves for getting the most out ol your new graphics modes1 WB137: The Arexk Guide Full AmgaGude (inc.) Documeni to teach ycu AroxxM! Tip-filled wilh easy x-referencmgi WB13B: 3.0 Extras 02 • Anolher d sk ctiockod lull ol utilities to unleash the power of Workbench 3.0 and AGAII WB139: MIDI Performance Manager Utility to manage a MIDI synthesizer and other MIDI equipment Requires WB 2* DD54; Compression - The beflile compression programs ana sos for fhe Amiga IndudeBArc. Lharc. Lhwara. Pkax, PowerPacker a must have By»ll, Zip, Warp, and Zee DD71AB: C Cg.tsftmtfE'd d sBconiains DICE. Matthew D C CvpH«r 4 environment 2 flfcxs Tountsas 2 % OD73abcd: ffilga "C" TulorlaBt Thta is the most com prebensive C I tmuago--Amiga orrenf -set of tutorials available, Includes all working examples otuce code and an ticredtbie set onssons included fiW Jrscuss ons and ¦samples for Anflga programrmng ®isk set, counts as 3. DO36: The Prog wnmer Inc udes GWTools arc REQTools ¦uch wii a!ow • .Mbcreate your user interfaces and then tne program wll automaiicafiy generate "C* source code or Assent v-ccce Requires, and writes code for. A gaP052* D069: Uedit - Prcoab'y the most pcwert -ext editor far the Amiga Previously commercial, now pubi-c domain. 1 MB OD91: ParBench Ajiows you to easfy correctmerworn two Am gas CDTVS together and Share storage devices Req'i custom cable (docs to make cable ibcluded-easy). DD90: Advanced Utilities - ConpressDisk coudles the capatty of your nara-dr ve on tne fty with co“p-e.ss sn'' Also contains; disk optimizer. SCSI mount utility. Keyrnap editors. Enforcer. Undelete? 4 more Most programs require 2 0+ Video Disks V06: Modeling Objects Contains 20 vector objects In Imagine format These are pertect for use wilh lmag-ne or oiher com- pat b?e product Includes Amiga 3000, space station and many more' V07: StarTrek Objects * Domains ne USS Re iant. NCC- 1701 -D (orr the Next Generation), a Ferengi Marauder ship As an adced bonus, contains a fully ceta ed Porsche 91 ’ and Apacne Attack helrcopter-ati m Imagine fcrma! VOS: Imaging Included on this d-s are the md spensmle utiities. Rerc24. TfewTek anq me J°EG unities. Rend24 »s nvaiuab'e far 24 pit animators anowrg for previews cn AGA and nqn-AGA Arr gas V ewTek ptayS back anims of al sods tnclud rg Anm 5. 7 and 8 formats VO10: Iccons - A spline based object modeller for Imagine Also includes Imagine Stagin Editor Requries 68020- V011; T3DLIb Converts Imagine objects back and forth to Ihe popular Textual TDDD iTTDDD) format, PRODUCTIVITY Address-lt! Vl .5 .. .....S27.99 HD Backup 45,99 41.99 AmiBack v2.0 .... AmiBack Tools . Am Back'Am Back Tools Bundle Bundle Saves $ 19 19!.....72 49 Awesome Tools!.....34 99 34.99 7699 Batch Factory 1.1 ...... CrossDOS v5.Q w Cross PC...... DevPac 3 Assembler Directory Opus v4.12 Distant Suns v5 0 ..... Edge Pro ..Texl Editor from INOVAtronics...59.59 ENLAN DFS v2.0 Ethernet Software .....249 99 Final Copy II Release 2 ...All-Time Best Seller!.....59.99 Final Writer Release 2.0 ..,...109.99 GP Fax Software (Class 1 & 2) 59.99 Home Front v2.5 32.99 Hyper Cache Pro v2.Q ....32.49 PC Task v2.0 ....Color PC Emulator!.....29.99 SAS C v6.5 Development System w’C-m- ..129.99 Studio Pnnter Software .59.99 GRAPHICS SOFTWARE Alpha Pant .....HOT NEW PRODUCT!.. .5529.99 The Animation Studio ....31.99 An Department Professional v2.5 by ASDG ..147.99 ADPro Pro Conversion Pack v2.5 by ASDG 49.99 Broadcast Tiller II Super HiRes ...149 99 Caligan 24 ..Sesf Seller!.... 129.99 Crouton Tools 4000 .. Incredible! .,, 99 99 Deluxe Paint IV v4.1 by Electronic Arts .117.99 Deluxe Pamt IV AGA v4 5 by Electronic Arts .125 99 Epson Scanner Pack 3 03 by ASDG ...119 99 Forge with Essence 1 ...79.99 Forge with Essence 2 ... 79.99 Hollywood FX ...359.99 Image Mirror .74.49 Imagine 3.0 .379.99 LightRave v3 1 .329.99 MONTAGE v1 02 lor Toaster ..319.99 MONTAGE Fonts .119.99 MONTAGE PostScript Module ... ..169.99 PEGGER 2.0 New Version! 44 99 CD-1401 Monitor GRAPHICS HARDWARE (Cont...) Pnme Image Standards Convener TBC PAL NTSC . Pnme Image T3C PCB Y C Composite Retina Z3 1 MB 24-b t Graphics Card Upgradable Retina Z3 4MB 24-bit Graphics Card .. SuperGen SX by Digital Creations Vidi Amiga 12 (RT) .NEW' Vidi Amiga 24 (RT) NEW! VLAB Internal VLAB Motion . Y C Plus S-VHS Hi8 .... MUSIC, MIDI & SOUND ADI012 Studio 16 v3.0by SunRze AD515 Studio 16 v30 .... Bars & P-pes Professional v2 5 ...... Deluxe Music v2 0 by Electronic Ans ..... One Stop Music Shop by Blue Ribbon Soundworks SoundSwrtch .. Super Jam! V1.1 rncoRPOflAreo Lightwave 3D C lftfk Standalone 3.5 nrw Lightwave 3.5 Upgrade Kit .89.99 Toaster 3.1 LW 3D 3.5 Upgrade S577.00 I Vidi Amiga 24 RT Real Time 24-bit Color Digitizer .. Vidi Amiga 12 RT (12-bit) Power supply (required) . Hollywood FX Workstation quality 3-D effects at a desktop price! (Video Toaster Required) New Version! Now Faster than Ever! AMIGA & CD32 GAMES Armour Geddon 2 Banshee (AGAi ... Beneath the Stee Sky Benefactor ..... D Generation (AGA)... Darkmere . Detroit .... Diggers (CD32) Donk (CD32) ..... Excellent Games 4-Pack Global Effect (CD32)..... Hunter ... Kick Off 3 (AGA) ..... King s Quest 6 ... Lemmings II .. ?Deration (AGA) ...... SALE 26.99 14.99 COOL SALE. 24.99 .28.99 ..31.99 ..36.99 .46.49 Lost Treasures . Mortal Kombat .. Mr, Nutz (AGA) .. Pinball Fantasies (AGA) ...... The Settlers . Theme Park (AGA) ..... Three Stooges King ol Chicago bund e Total Carnage (AGA) , Universe ...... Valhalla . The Best Amiga Monitor Ever! CD Solutions' CD-1401 is the ideal 14-inch color monitor for desktop video. No other monitor gives you ,28mm dot-pitch, up to 800x600 resolution, multiscan VGA, NTSC = Yes!) And PAL! Amiga, Toaster, Macintosh and PC compatible! CD-1401 Color Monitor ..by CD Solutions ... $ 499.99 •- HA HARD DRIVES! Less than 75c per megabyte! 273MB Maxtor IDE 7273A 13ms ..... 290MB Maxtor IDE 7290A 14ms ..... 546MB Maxtor IDE 7546A 12ms .....
1. 05GB Micropolis IDE 4110A 8.5ms..... GRAPHICS SOFTWARE (Cont...) Pixel 3D Pro v2 0 .... Real 3D v2.4 ... Sparks v2.16 ... Swipes1 for Tcaster ..._ ..... T-Rexx Pro v2.15 for Toaster ..... TcasterFX Transition Transporter 2 0 ..... WaveLink - Two node render farm for Lightwave 3D .. WaveMaker fcr LightWave 3D by Axiom ... GRAPHICS HARDWARE AG-1970 S-VHS VTR by Panasonic ..... SCALL AlfaColor 400dpi Color Hand Scanner oy AlfaData . AlfaScan 8G0cpi w Scan i Save by AhaData . AlfaScan Plus 400dpi wTouch-Up & OCR by AlfaData...... CT*i383Y S-VHS Color Monitor by Panasonic ...... GVR-S955 S-VHS Animation VTR by Sanyo ... Kitchen Sync - Dual TBC by Digital Creations .
1. 249 99 649 99 L tile Magic Bex (formerly Y C++) by Prime Image . MS 1200 Flatbed Scanner w Cdorkit Pro-Migraph OCR ... MS2400 Flatbed Scanner w Colorkit Pro Migraph OCR .. Personal Animation Recorder (PAR) by DPS . Personal Component Adapter by DPS Save!!. Personal Editor by Nucleus ...... Personal Single Frame Controller (SFC) v2.5 by Nucleus . Personal TBC IV by DPS ..... Personal V-Scope by DPS ...... Picasso II2ME 24-bit Graphics Card by Expert Services .. Amiga Net Board ligaNet ti Software Enlan DFS 2.0 NEW! From Nova Design Painting. Image Processing and Morphing together! CALL PERIPHERALS & ACCESSORIES AlfaDrve 3 5' Ext 880KB FDD by AlfaData $ 74.99 AlfaOptic 3-Button Optical Mouse by AlfaData 39.99 AlfaPen 3-Button Odticai PerVMouse by AlfaData ..54.99 AT-3us2008 IDE HD Ctrl 0 8MB RAM Card by AlfaData 64,99 Auto Kickstart Pius - A500 20CO ROM Switch by A’faData ......19.99 CD1200 PCMCIA Mitsumi CD-ROM Controller .... 69 99 Cordless Mouse 3-Buttcn by AlfaData 49.99 Crystal Trackba'i 3-Button by AlfaData .45 99 Cyberstorm A4000 060 50MHz Accelerator 1.845.99 DataFtyer 270SQ Int S' Quest HD Kit w. Cart IDE SCSI 599 99 589.99 DataFlyer 4000SX25 SCSI Controller w Ext D325 9-1.99 DataFlyer XDS A1200 External 3 5’ HD Chassis Kt .....69.99 DKB 1202 0KB No FPU lor A1200 ......129 99 DKB 3128 0 128M3 RAM Board lor A3000 4000 .249.99 Drawing Board 3 (12'x12‘) by TriMedia .....549 99 Drawing Slate |6'x9') by TnMedia. .349 99 Ethernet Board A2000-3000'4000 by Hydra Systems ...314 99 FASTLANE Z3 Fast SCSI-2 w 0'256MB for A3000'4000 ......487 99 l-Card Plus PCMCIA Ethernet 'Dare A600-120C ....333.49 MegaChip w-2MB Agnus (NTSC) by DKB .. 219.99 MegaVcuse iQOcpi 2-Button b AlfaData Best Seller!.. 29 99 MultiFaceCard III 10 boa'd (2 SerV1 Par.) By AlfaData 59.59 0 tagcn2003 SCSI2 Ctn & 08MB RAM E*p by A'faData ......139 99 Safe Sxms (Keyboard protection for all Am ga models) 19.99 Smart One Ext 14.400bps Fax Modem ...... 159.99 Sync Strainer 2345 Pm Monitor Adapter by PreVue .....49.99 Tandem Mitsumi CD-ROM & IDE Controller ..99,99 YCP-GA Y C Monitor Adapter ....89.99 GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS (GVP) 40MHz 68882 FPU lor A1230 Series I .....$ 129.99 40MHz 68882 FPU for A1230 Series II .134.99 50MHz 68882 FFU for A1230 Senes II 139.99 A1230 Turbo Plus Series II 40.0 4 .. ...399.59 A1230 Turbo Pius Senes II 50 0'4 ..... 359.59 A1291 Senes II SCSI Option ..92.59 A4003 SCSI Controller * RAM Card A2000 4000 ..124.99 A500 HD8fO 0II SCSI + RAM A500 ....159 99 DSS-8+ Audio Digitizer .. 59.99 EGS 110 24 4M8 Graphics Card tor A2000 Accelerator .599.99 EGS Sped rum 2MB A2000 4000 ..369.99 FaaastROM Kit 42000 A500 34.99 G-Force A2000 030 40 40 4 0 Accelerator .609.99 G-Force A2000 040 33 33 4 0 Accelerator w SCSI-2 ...1.099.99 CLEARANCE: Hot New Additions to the List! (Cont,..) CD32 James Pond 3 .$ 19.99 CD32 Lemmmgs - The Psygnosis Classic! ..... 2499 CD32 Pro Control Game Pad .. 2499 CD32: Suaer Methane Brothers -100 Levels' .19.99 CD32: Tolal Carnage - Great Version! ...29.99 CD32: Ult mate Body Blows ... 2499 CD32: Wembley International Soccer ....2499 CD32 Zool 2 • The Best Game Yet1 ......2499 MediaPoint v3.0 - MultiMedia Excellence! .. 249.99 Mitsumi FXQ01 IDE Int. Single Speed CD-ROM Drive ...69.99 MORTAL COMBAT: The Combat Simulalion of the Decace 19.99 Uridium 2 - Outstanding Space Shoot’em Up ..19.99 CLEARANCE: Accolade Software Special CLEARANCE: Games (Cont.,.) Hunter by Actwision ... $ 9 99 Liberation AGA: Sequel to Captive ..27 99 Lost Treasures of Intocom 20 Classics in One Box ....14 99 Morph AGA .. 9.99 Nicky 2- Euro Title ...9 99 Oscar: Ultimate platform challenge ... 24.99 PAL - Fighter Due! Amiga 9 99 Ports of Call - Classic Shipping Simulation ....9 99 Pcwermonger: Includes WV i Data Disk 14.99 Red Zone by Psygnosis • 3D Racing Action ..4 99 Second Samurai AGA: Fast. Furious Fun ..... 27.99 Second Samurai - The Non-AGA Version ...27.99 Shadow of the Beast III by Psygnosis ....14.99 Strikes & Spares - Great Bowling Simulation ...24.99 CD-ROM Internal Kit Our popular 2x CO-ROM kit now bundled with Photoworx - The Kodak authorized FhotoCO software for the Amiga! Complete Tandem Mitsumi Pholoworx kit Complete kit without Photoworx .. Mitsumi FX001D DIGITAL G-Force A4Q00 040 40 40 4 0 Accelerator .. G-Force A4000 040 40 40 16 0 Accelerator G-Force A4000 96MB RAM Module w 16MB . G-Force A4000 96MB RAM Module w 4MB ... G-Force A4000 SCSI Option G-Force SIMM 16MB 60ns 32-bit .. G-Force SIMM 4MB 60ns 32-bit ... G-Lock Genlock .. Hard Drive Mounting Bracket lor G-Force A2000 Accel I O Extender 2 A2000 400Q . I O Extender 2 Serial Kit ...... THE BEST PRODUCTS THE BEST SOLUTIONS Blue Angels: 3D Formation Flight Simulalion ...S4.99 HoverForce - Top Gun meets Blade Runner in 3D! ..4.99 Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes (Main Program) ....9.99 Pit-Fighter by Tengen - No. 1 Arcade Com-op Hit .....7,99 I” Shadowlands - Incredible RPG Experience by Domark .14.99 The Graphics Studio • Beginners Painting Software ..2.99 V'V'll. GVPjl G-FORCE *999 f ( 040 H VW4 40 Mhz ‘040 for A4000! Includes 4MB RAM I G-FORCE ‘040 Accelerator A4Q00 ......ST.44£99 I PCMCIA Mitsumi CD-ROM controller for the Amiga 1200 600 complete w 2x CD-ROM drive and chassis! CD1200 Bundle Personal Animation Recorder (PAR) ... WARP ENGINE ACCELERATORS CD1200, Mitsumi FX001D and Chassis Bundled w Conner 540MB HD Bundled w Micropolis 976ME HD ... Bundled w Micropolis 1.626GB HD Personal TBC IV (VT2600) Personal TBC III (VT250O) . Personal V-Scope (VM2000) .... Personal Component Adapter (DC2350).... Personal Series Remote Control (RC2000) SunRize The Best Selling Sound Boards m Made For The Amiga! AD1012 12-bit Sound Board ... ADS 16 16-bit CD Quality Sound Board GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS (Cont...) PhonePakVFX 2.0 ...... TBC Plus .. TBC Plus VRAM Option .. TBC Plus Comb Rlter Option . CLEARANCE: Hot New Additions to the List!
1. 05Gb Micropolis IDE 2112A 10ms ... 120Mb Maxtor SCSI 7120S 15ms . 128Mb Maxtor 2.5‘ IDE 25128A A1200 14ms ..... 130Mb Seagate IDE ST3145A 16ms . 171Mb Maxtor IDE 7171A 14ms 1Gb Tahiti TMT llm Cartridge 35ms - Glass ... 212Mb Western Digital IDE AC1210 13ms ... 240Mb Quantum IDE ProDnve 24QA 16ms .. 252Mb Maxtor 2.5’ IDE 25252A 12ms .. 270Mb Quantum IDE LPS270AT 12ms (Fast!) .... 273Mb Maxtor IDE 7273A 256k 13ms .. 425Mb Western Digital IDE AC2420 13ms ... 525Mb Quanlum IDE ProDrive 525A 10ms (Fast!) .. 540Mb Maxtor IDE MXT540AL 8.5ms - HOT DEAL - ..... 560Mb Micropolis IDE 2105A 10ms ... CD32: Brian The Uon .. CD32: Diggers - Unique Mining Game ... CD32: Donk .. SHIPPING UPS 0-5 lbs S5.00 GROUND 6-20 lbs add SI 004b over 5 lbs Over 20 lbs add 50olb over 20 lbs Monitors ...... St 5.00 Computers. ----- S18 00 UPS Blue 2-day or UPS Rod Nexi-Day shipping also available Call lor our low shipping rales! ¦ Rates afpfy lo oideis snipped wtJhn mo common is I u S cnfy REVIEW S From p. 9. Them out. Save for the A4000 and a limited number of A3000s, Amigas were equipped with low-density disk drives. If you could plug a high-density drive into your older Amiga, it would greatly increase its capabilities. Since a high-density drive can read and write to both low- and high-density disks, you can pop any Amiga-formatted floppy into it without a second thought. Also, with the appropriate hardware or software utilities in place, copying files from MS-DOS and Mac-formatted disks is no different than using Amiga disks. Again, just pop it in the drive and copy to your heart’s content. Driving the “High” Way DKB’s Power XL Drive is a high-density floppy-disk drive that delivers this type of convenience. With a slim, low-profile design, this metal-cased disk drive is housed in an attractive beige case that matches newer Amigas quite nicely and performs as well as it looks. Installing the XL Drive is nearly a plug-and-play process. Plug the drive’s cable to the drive port on the rear of your Amiga and place its accompanying XL Install disk in any drive. The Install software gives you two options: a Standard or an Advanced installation. Going with the Standard installation writes a file called “highdensitypatch” to your Workbench’s C directory and a line to your User-Startup so that the operating system can recognize high-density disks inserted into XL. You’ll want to opt for the Advanced installation if you have a need to read and write high-density PC-formatted disks. You’ll need both Workbench 2.1 or later and the copy of Consultron’s CrossDOS that comes bundled with the OS. Substituting the freely distributable program MultiDOS in place of CrossDOS won’t work, although MultiDOS works line with low-density MS-DOS-formatted disks. .After installing either the Standard or Advanced version of the software, you’ll Ond that using the XL is largely a transparent process. I used the drive extensively on my A4000 04Q and didn’t encounter any problems. Plugging it into an old 2.1-equipped A2000, however, required jumping through a few hoops and some initial acknowledgement of its presence. This consisted mainly of carefully installing the software and keeping the stack of Am i gaDOS -for ma t ted high -den s i ty disks separate from the low-density disks, as the A2000's internal drive is a low-density one. A switch on the rear of the drive allows you to select a protect mode that prevents the XL from formatting disks; you’ll be able to delete files, though, with the switch in the no-format position. If you can’t seem to format a disk in the XL, always check the position of this switch setting. There you have it: a powerful, versatile drive that does most anything you’d expect it to do. Whether you’re already using an internal high-density drive or not, the XL is a nice complement to just about any Amiga. Tim Walsh GameSmith Development System BitHead Technologies $ 79.95 All Amigas.
2. 0 3.0 compatible. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Minimum systemi 1MB chip RAM, bard drive. Recommended system: Same as minimum. Powerful game-development tools for the Amiga. The GameSmith Development System (GDS) is a set of tools designed for writing games in C or assembly language. It frees you from worrying about the gritty details of animations, collisions, sounds, and having to reinvent the wheel with numerous programming details. You also needn’t concern your- self that the finished version of your Amiga game will work with the version of AmigaDOS you intended for it all routines have been tested with many different configurations. Extra-Large Developer The GDS includes five disks of files. Two files form the core: a standard Amiga- link library and a sophisticated object tool. Three of the five disks are filled with example programs that use GDS, including one complete game and some impressive demos. The remainder of the disk space is occupied by include files and a utility (with source code) for encrypting and decrypting sound and graphics. The documentation for GDS fills more than 325 spiral-bound pages, and is split into three parts (User’s Guide, CITAS and Library Reference), each one individually indexed. Unfortunately, there is no master index. If you’ve read the Amiga ROM Kernel Manuals (RKMs), you'll he right at home with the GDS manual. The Library Reference is simi- j lar to RKM: Autodocs 8c Includes, while the User’s Guide is similar to RKM: Libraries. The CITAS section of the manual describes the use of the CITAS (originally an acronym for “Convert IFF To Assembler Source") object tool. Although there are no tutorials, it provides a well- written and clear reference. Don’t expect a quick glance at the manual to suffice; you’ll have to browse through include files and scour the example code in order to fully understand GDS. If you’ve t 4 sought freely distributable source code and a more narrative introduction than that provided by the RKMs, you’ll probably wish for the same with GDS. Image Handling The link library is about 92 K, not all of which is necessary for your programs. Included are functions to manipulate displays, backgrounds, graphics, animations, sound , timers, joysticks, and most of the other commonly programmed items. Automatic collision detection provides system calls to your custom colli- J J sion handler. The CITAS object tool lets you load images and animations created in your favorite paint program. You can manipulate the ANIM cells through copying, repositioning, rotating and flipping, and can set options for transliicency, CPU or blit images, display priority, and a number of other parameters. You can even create complex animation objects by combining several simple animations. CITAS lets you define sophisticated collision tables and areas. A collision table is a list of names and masks. You might have names such as “head,” “foot,” and “sword,” and a mask that indicates that two feet or two swords can’t collide with one another, but that they can collide with anything else. A collision area is a rectangular area that you define graphically, and then label from within your collision table. When you’re finished, CITAS saves your objects as C or assembler code, or as separate files to load into a game of your own design. GDS is fairly system friendly. 1 did, 4 4 4 however, notice Enforcer hits when the computer was running low on chip memory or loading large images, but not while it was running the demos. Game Over Professional game developers use their own custom development systems, often Continued on p.48. TO ORDER CALL 800-544-6599 MON.-FRI. 9-8, SAT. 9-5 CST customer Service 414-548-8125 -fax 414-543-8130 wLWI Supra corporation SupraFAX Modem 14.4 Ext 189.00 SupraFAX Modem 14.4 LC Ext 145.00 SupraFAX V.FC 28.8 Ext 269.00 Zyxel 1496E ffflobotics Sportster 14.4 Ext FAX 149.00 Sportster 28.8 V.FC Ext FAX.259.00 Courier V.32 Terbo Ext FAX..389.00
299. 00 Terms: Pos accepted Irom schools and government agencies*Personal checks require 7 days to clear*Defective products replaced promptly. RMA number required (call 414-548-8125) for all merchandise returns. Returns not accepted after 15 days. Returned products must be In original packaging, postage prepaid. Opened software not returnable. Shipping charges not refundable. Non-detective returns subject to a 15% restocking fee‘Not responsible tor typos. Prices subject to change. Alpha Paint ......569.00 AmiBack Plus Tools ......61,00 BEST Accounting .139.00 Brilliance 2.0 ..Call C Net Pro 3.0 ...124.00 Checks & Balances 38.00 Cinemorph ..19.99 Composite Studio 125.00 Directory Opus ..62.99 Disk Expander ...36.99 Dynamic Motion Mod 1.5..139.00 Final Copy II ......59.99 Final Writer ......109.00 Armour-Gedden II...... .31.99 Banshee AGA .38.99 Benefactor .34.00 Detroit ...... .38,00 Fields of Glory ...... ....Call Ishar III ...... .39.00 K240 (Utopia 2) .... .32.99 King's Quest VI ..... .41.99 Settlers ...... .40.99 Starlord ..... .37.99 Theme Park AGA ... ....Cali Valhalla ...... .32.99 © SAS 0 Develnnment ...... 14900 © LightWave Upgrade 8900 O GP FAX Generic ... 5999 © Art Department Pro 2.5 . 14900 © MegaCh p 2000 w Agnus.... ..198.00 © Desktnn Manic 2900 © GVP 500 Harddrive System..,199,00 © High Density Floppy Ext 14900 Fmnlant Deluxe .. fall E N E R T AI NMENffi O Mastering Amiga Beginners ..,24.00
• orge Essence ...75.00 Holiday Clip Art ..24.99 HyperCache Pro 2.0 ......49.99 ImageMaster RT 68.99 Tutorial Videos ..59.99 Image Mirror .....71.00 Imagine 3.0 .....345.00 LightWave 3D 3.5 539.00 MaxDOS 2.0 . 89.00 PageStream 3.0 ...225.00 Pixel 3D 2.0 .....159.00 Power Macros Lightwave ....91.00 Sparks .90.99 Super DJC3 ..36.99 Surface Pro LightWave .53.99 Swipes 82.99 Trexx Pro 2.0 ..119.00 Toaster Toolkit ...59.99 Wave Maker .....124.00 Wave Link ...79.00 ¦1= ALFA DATA Alfa Data CD 1200! Add a CD ROM Drive to your 1200! Complete kit including FREE Aminet CD ....385.00 AlfaDrive 3.5” Floppy ...73.99 AltaScan Plus 400 DPI Scanner Includes Touch-Up ..149.00 AlfaColor 400 Hand Scanner215.00 AlfaScan 800 w Scan Save.149.00 Oktagon 2008 SCSI-II RAM Expansion Card 139.00 MultiFaceCard III I O ...89.99 Mega Mouse 400 DPI ..25.00 Mouse Joystick Switch 22.00 Mouse, AlfaOptic ..45.00 Trackball 3-Button 46.00 486DX Emulation Module Call Accel, GVP 68030 650.00 Accel, GVP 68040 .....1039.00 Accel, Cyberstorm ‘060 ....Call Accel. Warp Engine 3033.1285.00 Accel. Warp Engine 4028...770.00 Accel. Warp Engine 4040.1399.00 Accel. DKB 1240 ..339.00 AmigaLink Starter 249.00 ROCTEC RocGen + 189.00 Works on ALL Amigas RocKey ...195.00 For ChromaKey work A500 Flopply Drive 60.00 Internal version Boing! Mouse ...71.00 DAT Drive Sony 5000 .899.00 Sony Cartridges .29.00 Drive, Iomega Int .489.00 Drive, Syquest 5200S 200MB ..399.00 Drive, Syquest 3270 270MB Int399.00 Emplant Deluxe .....Call Ethernet System, 4066+ ....339.00 Flicker Fixer .....249.00 Hardcard GVP 4008 ....158.00 Harddrives Maxtor 7290S 290MB......255.00 Micropolis 2217AV Call Micropolis 2217IDE Call Joystick - Python ...19.99 Monitor, IDEK 17” 949.00 Monitor, CD Solutions 1401.499.00 j ( Micro R. & D. ) Fontasia 300 . ...49.00 1 MIDI Cable .... ...10.00 1 MIDI Interlace .. ...42.00 Modem, 14.4 FAX including GPFAX .210.00 Mouse, Swifty 3-Button .... ....29.00 Power Supply 2000 .155.00 X-Calibur RAM 25MHz.. .410.00 1 Lab Motion Card For non-linear video and audio editing and playback; transforms your 2000'300Q 400Q into a high-end fully digital video record and playback machine without the use of a TBC or dedicated harddrives .....Call Vlab Motion Card Bundle Includes Toccata 16-bit audio card ..Call DataRyer 105S Syquesl Ext ....550.00 DataRyer 270S Syquest Ext ....729.00 DataFtyer 500 8 199.00 SCSI+1200 ...92.00 SCSI+4000 .119.00 XDS 1200 .74.00 EXPANSION Noah Ji's 3D ROM (3D Models) 99.00 3D ROM Vol 2 89.00 AMOS CD New!! .35.00 AmiNet 7 94 ..12.95 ASIM CD ROM FS .....55.99 Clip Art & Fonts .27,00 epsPro Clip Art 139.00 Fresh Fish ......20.00 Frozen Fish ....20.00 Gold Fish 20.00 Music Mod Sound Effects ..29.00 I QwikForms ...49.99 Syndesis Avalon 45.00 Texture Heaven ..55.00 OpalVision 395.00 Video Processor Mod......995.00 Personal Anim Recorder.....1559.00 Printer, Primera ...759.00 Scanner MiGraph 2400......999.00 Transparency Opt 339.00 SoundSwitch 399.00 SuperGen SX ...649.00 TBC IV ......799.00 Desktop Video ...35.00 Pocket Workbench 26.00 Mastering AMOS 29.00 Mastering Amiga C 27.00 Mastering DOS Ref 28.00 Mastering Amiga Tutorial ..28.00 Mastering Amiga Systems36.00 ROM Kemals .Call Ultimate AMOS 39.00 Amiga CD32 399.00 SX'1 Expansion ......250.00 NEC3X Ext ..489.00 NEC Bare Drive 369.00 Network CD w Cable 59.00 Plextor 4Plex Int 539.00 Tape Drive, Connor Arc250,..364.00 Monitor, Electrohome 1440..489.00 DRIVES & TITLES CD ROM Commodore AMIGA Folcroft East Business Park 313 Henderson Dr Sharon Hill PA 19079 . ••. • ..... qq A RAI A Hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 6 Sat 10 to 4-Eastern Info 610-586-5701 FAX 610-586-5706 Orders . .1 ¦.. i I - ¦ -
• There may be uncertainty at Commodore, however, you can rest assured of Software Hut’s continuinp support of all Amiga owners with a large inventoryt good pricing, and same day shipping. ¦-V.V. „...... .¦..v.v.v..v.v.v. -.v..v Hard to Find Amiga items $ 499.OC
499. 00 I X c >
259. 00 59 95
129. 95 $ 9.00
30. 00 10 00
11. 00 CM CO 1 0 O $ 29.95
10. 00 A Long Hard Day on the Ranch A Bun lor Barney Advanced Military Systems All Dogs Go to Heaven Amarican Heritage III. Dictionary American Vista AMOS PD Library Animals in Motion Barney Bear Goes Camping Goes to School - Ages 2>6 Battle Storm Case of the Cautios Condor CD PD Coll. - F 1 >600 & more Cinderella: The Original Fairy Tale Classic Board Games Clip Art & Fonts Curse oIRa-CDTV ONLY Deep Core - CD-32 ONLY Fun School 3-Ages 8+ Ages 5 and under Garden Fax: Fruits, Vegs, Herbs Garden Plants Indoor Plants Trees. Shrubs. Roses, Conifers Grofiers Encyclopedia -1,3 OS ONLY Hound of the Baskervilles Hutchinson Encyclopedia - PAL ONLY Illustrated Hoty Bible Illustrated Works of Shakespeare Lemmings Logical - CDTV ONLY Mind Run-CDTVONLY Moving Gives Me a Stomach Ache Mud Puddles Music MODs & Sound Samples My Paint Network CD Network Cable CD32 to Amiga New Basics Electronic Cookbook PAL Games & Goodies Paper Bag Princess Psycho Killer Rattles Sexual Fantasies Sim City Snoopy: Case ol Missing Blanket Strip Poker Tale of Peter Rabbit Team Yankee That's PAL Games 1. Or Games 2 Thomas* Snowsuit Tie Break Tennis Time Table of History: 1991 Editions Business. Politics & Media Science & Innovations Women In Motion Wrath of the Demon Dynamite Software Bundle This awesome bundle includes:
• Deluxe Paint 4 AGA
• Digita Word worth AGA ¦ Olgita Print Manager
• Oscar and Dennis These programs sell separately for over $ 400.00. You can now purchase them all, from our imited supply for only $ 95.00 Disks will work w CDTV, CD-32, A-570 and any Amiga model with a CD-ROM drive and appropriate driver software. Purchase 4, or more, 4 receive FREE SHIPPING. RAM & Other Chips We stock all RAM chips, CPUs and FPUs. Please call for price. A NEC CDR-210 Internal CD-ROM
• Doublospeed, 3B0Mi Access
• 1.5Mb s Transfer Rate
• SCSI or SCSI 2 Connectsbillty
• MulllSesslon Photo, Headphone Jack $ 195.00 External model w cabllng $ 279.95 NEC 3XI Internal CD-ROM Drive
• SCSI-2,190Mt Access * Triple Spin
• 1 Year W'ty • Refurbished by NEC $ 345.00 External model $ 429.00 AMOS Pro $ 45.00 AMOS Pro Compiler
29. 00 Carmen San Diego - Europe
32. 95 Carmen San Diego - Time
32. 95 Carmen San Diego - World
• Cabling for external 25 pin SCSI port
• Supports Single Session Pholo CD
• Unltpeed 65QM* Aee.JMb * Treniler
• Manufactured tor Media Vision $ 99.95 Plextor 4 Plei Quad Internal
• SCSI-2, 500Kb tec data transfer
• 1Mb Butter, 150Ms Random Seek
• 2 Year Warning
• Toll Free Technical Line $ 589.00 Amiga 4000 040 & 4000 040 LC Units still In stock. Call for pricing & configuration. A60Q Keyboard A2000 A3000 Keyboard A2Q00 Internal Floppy Drive A3000 Internal Floppy Drive A200Q Power Supply CBM Amiga Model Mouse Golden Image Optical Mouse Switty 3 Button Mouse CBM Parts & Peripherals Software Specials Quantities are limited on these hard to find items. CD-ROM Drivers ASIM CDFS 2.0 w Fish 232-1000$ 49.95 Xetec CDFS 2.0 w Fish 1 -950 49.95 NEC CDR-25 CD-ROM Drive
* Ext w Power Supply, Headphone Jack AGA Games Blowout Zool • Alien Breed 2 • Overkill Bodyblows Galactic • Trolls Buy 1 for $ 10 • 2 tor $ 18 ¦ 3 tor $ 25 4 for $ 30* 5 for $ 34 The 3.1 OS KH Include! The following now features:
• New screen modes & improved support for graphic boards (e.g. Picasso 2 RTG with up to 1600x1200 pixels in 256 colors)
• Significantly accelerated graphics rendering by rewritten graphics and layers libraries
• CD-ROM support (including CDXL). Reads standard IS0966Q Cds (including PC data and picture Cds)
• Support for foreign languages via locale.library (English. German, French, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian,...)
• Datatypes for auto-detection of filetype lor images, animations, sound, text, hypertext (AmigaGuide),...
• Viewing Playback ol various tiles with MuitiViewand Datatypes
• On-line help system using AmigaGuide
• Improved Graphical User Interlace with easier color selection and more flexible color assignment (Pen Sharing)
• Support for MS-DOS and Atari disks (720Kb and 1.44Mb with High Density floppy drives) NOTE! When using the 3.1 Kit with an A1200 you will lose the capability ol adding any PCMCIA cards to the port. A500 A1000 Peripherals BigFoot 200W P.S.-A500-600-1200 $ 84.95 Commodore A500 Power Supply 44.95 A500 Case complete w shielding 23.00 A500 Internal Replacement Drive 44.95 A500 Keyboard 29.95 AIR External Floppy Drive 89.00 A1000 Case w Shielding 29.95 A1000 Motherboard 49.95 A1000 Daughterboard 24.95 A1000 Power Supply 39.95 AIR A100Q Internal Floppy Drive 69.95 Power Supplies St Expansion Boards A2000 30GW Power Supply $ 149.00 Emplant Deluxe Emulator 369.00 256K HD MAC ROMS for Emplant 289.00 486DX Emulation for Emplant 95.00 FastLane Z3 SCSI -2 RAM A3 4000 499.00 Muttiface III I O Extender 92.00 Supra Turbo 28 A50O or A2000 169.00 Toccata 16 479.95 AS340 3.1 Kit w complete Manuals, Disks, & ROM set for all A12O0 & A4000 models $ 179.00 AS330 3.1 Kit w complete Manuals, Disks, & ROM set for all A3000 models $ 179.00 Toaster Systems Call for details on our complete Toaster systems! AS320 3.1 Kit w complete Manuals, Disks, & ROM for the A500, A200G, & A2500 $ 159.00 NOW AVAILABLE!
3. 1 OS Kits A520 Video Adapter NEW & Boxed from CBM 501 512K RAM w Clock 54.95 From Prism Leisure A2065 Ethernet Board 269.00 NEWS Bulk Packed. CBM’s Last! A2091 SCSI Controller 89.00 w Rev6.6 Eproms
2. 1 Software & Mastering AmlQiDOS Reference Manual $ 40,00
2. 1 Software & Maaterlng AmigaDOS Reference Manual & 2.04 ROM 72.95 Multi-Start 2 v6A 500 600 2000 34,00 AS216 2.1 Kit Irom Commodore 54.95 AS216 2.1 Kit w 2.04 ROM from CBM
86. 95 AS314 2.04 A3000 ROM set w 2.1 software 59.95 Modems & Networking AmigaLink Starter Kit - 2 Nodes 5259.00 Hydra AmigaNet Ethernet Card 309.00 A2060 ArcNet Board 69.95 GP Fax Software - Class 1 A 2 59.95 Sporster 14.4 Fax Modem 179,00 Supra Fax Modem 14.4 209.00 Supra Fax Modem 28.8 329.00 We hive acquired the lial batch ol CD-32* in lha U.S.A. Theie are GENUINE U.S. machine*, NOT IMPORTS a* other* iro trying to toil, $ 369.95 NEW & boxed w all manuals & cables. 90 Day W'ty. Complete w Chaos Engine & Microcosm. Can't find an A12007 Why not consider a CD-32 with the SX-1 module above. Call (or details. A1200 Peripherals CSA 12 Gauge 50Mz w SCSI $ 499.00 PCMCIA Card 600 1200 2Mb 135.00 PCMCIA Card 600 1200 4Mb 229.00 IDE Cable & Software-600 1200 20.00 M1230 Accelerator 33 33 0 275.00 Options: 1 Mb RAM $ 49.95 • 4Mb RAM $ f 65.00 6Mb RAM $ 319.00 40Mb HD $ 149.00 - 85Mb HD $ 199.00 170Mb HD $ 279.00 250Mb HD $ 369.00 WB2 Upgrades SX-1 CD‘32 Expansion Module by Paravfslon In Stock!: $ 239.00 Hard Drives SX-1 Keyboard: $ 44.95 $ 44.95 We stock all 2.5 IDE, 3.5 IDE and SCSI Hard Drives. Call for models and pricingI Adorage 2.0 AGA Alpha Paint Anirn Workshop 2.0 Art Department Pro 2.5 Brilliance 2.0 Checks & Balances Composite Studio 1.1 Cross DOS 5 w Cross PC Desktop Magic Directory Opus 4.1 Distant Suns 5.0 Dynamic Cache FS Dynamic Motion Module Final Writer 2 Gigamem Hollywood FX Humanoid lor Lightwave Humanoid lor Imagine Hypercache Pro 2.0 Imagemaster R T Imagemaster Apprentice R T image Mirror Imagine 3.0 Internet’s Avalon CD-ROM Invoice It 1,2 MaxDOS 2.0 Morph Plus Motion Master LW PageStream 3.0 Pegger 2.0 Pixel 3D Pro 2.0 Power Macros Lightwave SAS C 6.51 Scenery Animator 4.0 Studio Printer SuperHP-DJC3 Syndesis 3D ROM V1 Syndesis 3D ROM V2 TypeSmrth 2.5 Vista Pro 3.1 Wave Maker A2630 25MZ Accelerator 429. OL NEW, 68030, w 4Mb RAM, & Rev 7 Eproms A2232 Multi-Serial Card 195.0C NEW, bulk packed 7 port serial card from Commodore, with software Serial Cable for above 7.9i Joystick Bundles The following Joystick Bundles were originally priced at $ 99.00, NOW ONLY $ 24.95 - Your Choice: Suncom TAC 3 or Suncom TAC 30 w Theme Park Mystery & Killing Cloud software or Ergo Joystick w Team Suzuki, Speedball2 & Predator 2 Monitors Electrohome C1440 Mufliscan CD-1401 Multiscan Dr. T’s Music Bundle Software Productivity - Utilities Include* KCS V3 & Copyist Apprentice Originally sold tor $ 469.00 Special Price $ 69.95 Software Hut Orders 800-932-6442 Info 610-586-5701 Hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 6 FAX 610-586-5706 Sat 10 to 4 - Eastern IVI-TEC Germany Great New Amiga 500 & 1200 Peripherals $ 26.00
27. 00 DCTV OPS Panonal Animation Controller Lightwave 3.5 Unbundled Lightwave 3.5 Upgrade Kit OpalVision w Free Magic Lantern Parsonal TBC 4 Picasso 2Mb Retina 4Mb Retina Z3 RocGen Plus Genlock SuperGen SX Toaster 3.1 Upgrade Vidi 12 AGA Vidi Amiga 12 RT Vidi Amiga 24 RT Vlab Y C Vlab Y C External wmm Education Software Fun School Math, ages 7>11 $ 18.95 Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing
33. 00 Fun School 3. Ages 5>7
16. 95 Mickey's Jigsaw Puzzles
35. 00 Fun School 3, ages 7+ 1B.95 Mickey's Memory Challenge
35. 00 Fun School 4, ages under 5
18. 95 Mickey's 123s
35. 00 Fun School 4, ages 5>7
18. 95 Mickey's ABCs
35. 00 Fun School 4, ages 7>11
18. 95 Memory Challenge Series One
29. 00 0 Copyright 1994. TcchWnicrc Inc. AJI Rights Resolved DKB MegAchip Expands your Amiga 500 or 2000 to 2Mb of Chip-RAM, great for all graphic applications, including the Video Toaster, Included is the DKB board w 1Mb of additional Chip- RAM and a 2Mb Agnus. Complete with manual for easy installation. $ 199.95 DKB A2632 RAM Board A 32-bit RAM Expansion Board for the CBM A2630 Accelerator Card. Allows 32-bit RAM beyond 4Mb, expandable to 112Mb using 32-bit wide SIMMs, Faster than RAM on A2630 and full Burst Mode support. Perfect for Video, Graphics, Animations, and DTP. $ 189.00 Options: Add4Mb RAM- $ 159.00 Add 8Mb RAM - 309.00 Add 16Mb RAM - $ 599.00 Add 32Mb RAM-$ 1179.00 DKB A1240 Board A multi-function board for the Amiga 1200. Includes: 68030 for up to 6 times faster speed: room for up to 128Mb of 32-bit RAM using one industry standard SIMM; clock- calendar. Add an optional Math-Co up to 50Mz. Features an expansion connector for an optional SCSI controller. 1240 40Mz EC CPU - $ 249.00 1240 2QMzRC CPU -$ 199.00 Options: Add 33Mz 68882 FPU - $ 79.00 Add 50Mz 68832 FPU - $ 109.00 Add 1Mb RAM-$ 49.00 Add 2Mb RAM - $ 89.00 Add 4Mb RAM-$ 159.00 Add 6Mb RAM - $ 309.00 Power Point HD Internal Floppy Accepts DD 880K disks or HD
1. 76Mb disks. Compatible with PC disks. 1 Year Warranty. Requires Workbench 2.1, or higher. $ 145.00 Power Point HD External Floppy Same features as above model. Connects to external disk drive port of any Amiga. Perfect for users who lack an internal bay. $ 155.00 The Clock Installs internally in your A1200 on the clock header of the Motherboard. Automatically recognized by AmigaDOS. $ 23.00 SUPER SPECIALS Chinon Internal H. D. Floppy Drive Now available, from Commodore & DKB, Is the Chinon 4015 HD Floppy Drive. This is the same unit as used in the Amiga 4000, now also compatible with fhe A2000. Drives can be used as either dIO: or df1: (or buy two and use as both). Complete with installation instructions. $ 139.95 0KB A3128 RAM Board A 32-bit RAM Expansion Board for A3000 4000 owners. Allows 32-bit RAM expansion to 146Mb using industry standard 4, 8,16, & 32Mb SIMMs. Easily installs in any slot. A MUST HAVE for Toaster users. $ 249.00 Options: Same as A2632 on left. DKB A1202 Board A multi-function board for the At200. Provides the max Fast-RAM expansion possible plus a clock- calendar. The 2 sockets allow 1, 2, 4, or 8Mb RAM using standard 32- bit SIMMs. Optional Math-Co can speed up math-intensive programs as much as 10 times, or more.
1202. No FPU, OK-$ 114.95 Options: Add 16Mz 68882-$ 25.00 Add 25Mz 68882 - $ 49.00 Add 33Mz 68882 - $ 69.00 Add 40Mz 68882-$ 129.00 Add RAM - Same as A1240 on left KwikStart 2 Allows A1000 owners to install 2 different Kickstart ROM chips. Upgrade to latest OS without using system memory yet you can still boot from disk-based Kickstarts. $ 54.95 Options:
1. 3 OS ROM-$ 19.95
2. 04 OS ROM -$ 29.95
3. 1 OS Kit - $ 159.00 DKB 4091 SCSI Controller High-Performance. DMA. Fast SCSI-2 controller lor 2orro3 expansion slots. Includes SCSI internal connector, ribbon cable. & hardware to install a 3.5* HD on the board and a high-density SCSI-2 external connector. $ 349.95 Super Bundle Purchase the 4091 and 3128 at the same time for a special price of: $ 479.00 Disk Expander This software doubles the capacity of your floppy or hard drives. Easy to install and works without notice, in the background. Compression ratios very from 30% to 70%. $ 39.95 GVP A500 HDB Plus We have acquired the tasf batch of GVP's best selling A500 peripheral. It will hold any size SCSI HD and 2Mb, 4Mb, or 8Mb of RAM. It's own Power Supply Is included. One Year Warranty by GVP. Hurry, as supplies are limited. GVP A500 HD8 Plus w no HD$ 199.95 w 17QMb Quantum HD add 215.00 w 270Mb Quantum HD add 259.00 w 540Mb Quantum HD add 389.00 w 2Mb RAM add 86.00 w 4Mb RAM add 168.00 w 8Mb RAM add 319.00 A4D00 G-Force 040-40 GVP puts a 40Mz Motorola 040 in your Amiga (030 Or 040) & couples it with, up to. 32Mb ol super last SIMM32 memory, directly controlled by this blazing processor. G-Force A4000 040 4Q 40 4Mb $ 999.00 GVP SIMM 32 4Mb 60Ns 225.00 GVP SIMM 32 16Mb 60NS 999.00 A20DQ G-Force 040-33 Combo The ultimate combo: Motorola 68040 processor blazing at 33Mz with room tor up to 64Mb at fast 32-bit RAM; integrated SCSI2 interface; bonus lOExtender tor an extra parallel and buttered high-speed serial port. G-Force 040 33Mz 4Mb $ 1049.00 G-Force 030 40Mz 4Mtj RAM 649.00 4008 SCSI2 Controller Add up to 7 SCSI devices to your Amiga and smile. Provides room lor up to 8Mb of 16- bit RAM. GVP 4008 SCSI Controller $ 149.00 TBC Plus This pro quality (CCIR-601), all digital time- base-corrector uses siate-of-lhe-art 8-bit 4:2:2 video processing. Plus, it provides a real-iime video Irame-grabber and 16.7 mill color Irame-butler; a full SMPTE E8U time- code receiver generator and a comb tilter is available; will transcode composite and Y C inputs; a 3 channel video input switcher (in composite and Y C) ic provided: and programmable video special effects. GVP TBC Plus $ 599.95 G-Loek Connect to the world ot video with our built- in transcorder to convert input video to composite, Y C, RGB. Or YliV outputs! Includes dual-input audio panel. Full support AGA and ’classic' Amigas. SCALA users can purchase an EX module from SCALA. G-Lock • Specify NTSC or PAL $ 335.00 EGS 28 24 Spectrum Go beyond AGA Graphics with this realtime, 24-bit, true-cotor graphics enhancer. Programmable resolutions up to 1600x1280. 800x600 in 24-bit. Includes a custom pass-through cable lor single monitor use. Also includes EGS SpectraPaint, a GVP exclusive! GVP Spectrum 28 24 EGS 2Mb $ 379.00 1230 Turbo Accelerate your A120G up to 50Mz. Room for: up to 32Mb Of 32-bit RAM; an FPU; A1291 SCSI kit. 1230 SCSI Ser2 40Mz 4Mb $ 399.00 1230 SCSI Ser2 50Mz 4Mb 599.00 1291 SCSI Controller for 1230 95.00 FPU 50Mz lor 1230 Accelerator 115.00 DSSB* This is the quietest 8-bit sound sampler yet made. New 3.0 software supports direct to disk (hard disk) recording and playback. GVP DSS8* Sound Digitizer $ 79.95 M-TEC RAM This is a 2Mb RAM board for A500s. Mounts internally, in the trap door, and into your Gary IC socket, giving you 2Mb of additional fast-RAM. No soldering is required. $ 139.95 M-TEC AT-500 This Is a Hard Drive Sub-System plugging into the Amiga 500 expansion slot. Will hold any 2.5* or
3. 5* Hard Drive and it has room to hold 2Mb, 4Mb, or 8Mb RAM on the controller. A unique feature is a physical switch allowing you to mount an additional internal Kickstart ROM, such as 2.04 or 3.1, and still keep whatever ROM is in your A500. Also, the unit has an ON OFF switch to turn off the Hard Drive, if required. M-TEC AT-500 w No HD * $ 149.95 w 250Mb HD - $ 379.00 w 350Mb HD - $ 419.00 w 540Mb HD - $ 499.00 Options: 2Mb RAM Installed - $ 86.00 4Mb RAM Installed - 170.00 8Mb RAM installed - $ 309.00 Kickstart 1.3 ROM - $ 21.95 Kickstart 2.04 ROM - $ 32.95 Video Products Color Handscanner w OCR software $ 259 00
299. 00 Call 54900 95,00
219. C0 699 CO
425. C0 PhonaPik VFX 2.0 Fully integrated, allows unlimited phone mailboxes & private fax receiving. Send faxes from any program that prints; call in remotely and retrieve faxes sent earlier; plain paper or paperless faxing; call muting with Centrex PBX support; and more. GVP Phone Pak v2 $ 229.95 loEilender On a single card, you get an additional parallel port, and a high-speed, FIFO buffered serial port for speeds in excess of
57. 600. GVP ioExtender $ 109.00 2nd Serial Port for ioExtender 25.00 CO 1Mb Agnus 8372A $ 37.95 2Mb Agnus 83728 44.95 ~I~~ Super Denise 8373 28.95 C_j> CIA 8520 chip 13.50 Gary 5719 chip 13.95 Paula or Denise chip 18.95 O 1.3 ROM chip 21.95 H- 2,04 ROM chip 32.95 CO 2.05 ROM chip 34,95 Super Buster Rev 11 65,00 C-> W. D. SCSI Chip Rev BA 35.00 AMIGA M-TEC 680201 Turbo System This is the powerful, yet affordable, accelerator the average A500 user has been waiting fori Includes a 68020 CPU & 68881 Malh-Co, both running at 16Mz. Also included is a SIMM socket for up to 4Mb of 32-bit RAM. The board attaches to your Motherboard with NO soldering. Install disk and manual are included. $ 99.95 Options: 1Mb 32-bit RAM Module - $ 49.95 4Mb 32-bit RAM Module - $ 165.00 M-TEC T1230 28 RTC This is the powerful, yet affordable, accelerator the average A1200 user has been waiting for! Includes a 68030 CPU and 68882 Math-Co, both running at 28Mz. Also includes a SIMM socket for up to 8Mb ot 32-bit RAM. The board plugs into the Trap Door with NO soldering. A SCSI port is also provided, allowing the use of a SCS11 or SCSI2 HD, when this module is released in the near future. $ 169.95 Options: 1Mb 32-bit RAM Module - $ 49.95 4Mb 32-bit RAM Module -$ 165.00 8Mb 32-bit RAM Module - $ 319.00 Due to ad schedules, all prices are subject to change. We accept Visa, MasterCard, I Discover with NO service charge. We accept American Express with a 1.5% service charge. We also ship COD, accepting Cash, Certified Check, or Money Order. Minimum COD order is $ 50.00. Software and accessories shipping is $ 6.00. Hardware shipping is $ 6.00 for small items, $ 15.00 for Monitors. Call for larger items. COD add $ 5.00. Canadian, APO, & International orders are welcome. We will bill only for actual shipping charges & insurance at time of order. 15% re-stocking fee on all returns not exchanged for another item. Shipping charges are NOT refundable. Books A1200 The Next Step A1200 Insiders Guide Mastering Amiga DOS 3 Tutorial Mastering Amiga DOS 3 Reference Mastenng Amiga DOS Beginners Mastering Amiga AMOS Mastering Amiga C Mastering Amiga Printers Mastering Amiga Arexx Mastering Amiga System Mastering Amiga Assembler Amiga Assembler Insider Amiga Gamers Guide Amiga Workbench A-Z_ No waiting for your orders fo ship. Orders in by 2PM go out the same day: Second Day & Overnight shipping is available. International orders are shipped by Air Parcel Post, UPS or DHL. Domestic orders are shipped UPS.
• All orders are subject to credit card verification • Our Policies r i; v i i; w s From j). 44. Tailored to the needs of each project. For them, GDS might be a good prototyping system, possibly even a production tool. For those who want professional-quaIity tools and can’t write their own, GDS can save months or years of development. GDS is well suited for creating proles- sional-quality games that don't devour every Iasi CPU cvcle and bvte of mem- J ory. II you've mastered the basics of C and or assembly programming and continue to learn by reading reference material and example code. GDS could be your ticket to fame as a game developer. Dale L. Larson Video Escort 2.5 Mr. Hardware, $ x299.95 All Amigas.
1. 3 2.0 3.0 compatible. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: Sbase4 Professional, 1MB, hard disk. Recommended system: 2 +MB. Customized Sbase4 Pro buslness- forms package for vldeographers. Anyone who has tried to make some money videotaping weddings or graduations can appreciate the logistical problems involved in coordinating such events. Organized as a series ol forms, Video Escort (VE) uses the power of Oxxi's Sbase4 Professional to maintain and coordinate several databases. Thus, lists of customers, employees, equipment, and locations can all be tied together with a few mouse-c licks. Video Escort Services Video Escort is supplied as compressed files on a single floppy disk. Flawless installation is bandied through a custom script. The first time VE is run. Certain defaults are set up, including the printer and vour company's name and address. All of the on-screen requesters for this operation refer you to specific pages in the manual if you need more information before making a choice. The Main Menu form gives access to each of the ren areas that make up the package. Most video-production jobs begin with a contract. A click brings up a four-page form, with each page having access to the appropriate database lor creating a contract, if the job is for a repeat customer, a few mouse-clicks will pull in the existing name and address information from your database. Select one of the preprogrammed event buttons, which you can customize for your own business. Likewise, you can retrieve locations from your database or enter them manually. After you select the j J employees and equipment needed for the job and the number and types of tapes the customer requires, VE figures a total price, adds the tax, and prints out a contract. After the tape has been shot, you can cheek the Library form for existing graphics and sound effects you may wish to add. This form also keeps track of your tapes, so that if someone comes back to you later for another copy, you can quickly find the original. Use the Editor form to make notes for editing the tape. The editor can note the type of music and graphics used, as well as track the job through the editing process. Use the Label form to print identifying labels for in-house use or O finished labels for vour customers. Because of the relational nature of Sbasc, you can also have the package print labels ahead of time for jobs you have scheduled. The Receipts form allows you to credit payments to the account, and the Information form helps keep track not only of the job status, but also of details such as who it was that referred the customer to you. The Reports selection provides thirteen separate reports, ranging from mileage figures to a listing of pending bookings. The Schedule form gives access to all upcoming evetus that have been booked. The Crew Manager form is given to the person in charge of a particular crew. This four-page form contains the details on the shooting location, space for directions, a list of the crew members who are assigned, and other details such as which cameras to use and how many batteries to take along. The last form available is the Maintenance form, which gives you the power to change any of the defaults you chose O J during the initialization of the package, flexibility is an important feature of VE. No two businesses operate in the same way, and you can customize the contract language and the different packages of services that are offered. Smooth Operator All of the forms operate in the same manner, either providing fields for you to fill in, or bringing up requesters for you to choose from. Anyone familiar » » with the operation of Sbase4 Pro will feel right at home. Navigation through and between forms is by gadgets, either advancing through a form or returning to the Main Menu before going on to another form. The only problem I encountered was related to Sbasc rather than Video Escort. Sbase allows you to set a default director)1, for the program to open to. I had Sbase opening to a different directory than the one in which VE was installed. While most people who buy this product probably will not install it in a directory other than their j main database lilcs, it is one of the few oversights in the otherwise complete manual. I he manual, composed of 125 loose-leaf pages in a hinder, contains several tutorials covering general lidH Inert fljieutttit Itfn K.i * | IHH3 Hr. Hiffcirr Sbase4 form used with Video Escort. Database skills, as well as specific Video Escort functions. 1 lie VE package requires a password before il will allow access. While this prevents casual access to your data, one of the items available through the Maintenance Form is the password you’ve chosen. Once the system is operating, anyone using it can reveal the password, and even il they don't change it and lock you out, your data is no longer secure. I think a better system would he to require the password once again when accessing the Maintenance Form, or at least to hide the password within this form, thus requiring you to enter the existing password before changing it. Due to the disk-intensive nature of databases in general, the fastest hard drive available will still seem slow on occasion. If your databases grow very large, you will have to resign yourself to wait as the system searches, and even to wait while VE switches between forms. Although many people just beginning a video-production business will not need all of the power and features offered by Video Escort, few will ever outgrow the capabilities of this package. Rob Hays ¦ Looking for More Power From Your A500 or A2000? The CSA Derringer Accelerator is the Answer Give your Amiga 500 or 2000 the power of an A3000 for under $ 500 linger 50mhz .... Only $ 399*
* Call for more information include with 4mb 32 BIT RAM EREE For 50mhz FPU ...FREE 4 meg of 32 bit RAM - $ 499.00 8 meg of 32 bit RAM - $ 699.00 16 meg of 32 bit RAM- $ 1099.00 0 68882-25 FPU add $ 75.00 68882-50 FPU add $ 119.00 Order Now and Receive a FREE 68881 Coprocessor Holds up to 32 megabyte of 32 Bit Ram. 68030-25 mhz cpu with MMU (not EC) 68881 clocked at 25 mhz 1 meg of 32 bit RAM (remaps Kickstart) With: Rtatinui Only $ $ 9 New De $ 589*0 buI faster! 50mhz Accelerator" mmu $ 499“ 50mhz for the price others _ charge for 40mhz! =GVP GVP-A1230 TURBO LASER PRINTER MEMORY Call our Accelerator Hotline Today!-1-800-CSA-XLR8 HP II, IID, IIP, HID, IIIP and all other Pius Series Board with 2 MB ..S99.00 Board with 4 MB .$ 175.00 HP 4 = 4 Meg) ......$ 189.00 HP 4 = 8 Meg) ..$ 325.00 Similar savings on Panasonic, Star; OKI, Tl, Nec, Epson and others. Call for Pricing. Panasonic Citizen 32K Buffer $ 14.95
2. 04 Rom ..only $ 39.95 A 1200 ACCELERATORS Super Denise ...$ 33.95 CIA 8520 $ 10.95 or two for ..$ 20.00 MC68000 68010 $ 15.00 A1200 28Mhz Turbo Board with Free Co Pfocessor and MMU by MTEC GERMANY $ 169.95 Real Time clock. Fast Sychronous Operation. Optional Fast Scsi II 1,2,4, or 8 meg Fost Rom for Remmapping Kickstart Microbotics- MBX 68030 1230 XA 50 mhz Accelerator MMU $ 329” with£g££50Mhz FPU wilh 33mhzCPU and y. FREE 33mhz FPU MMU £ V O O00 with 28 Mhz CPU and ¥*** FREE 28 Mhz FPU 1 IMU Any board 4 mb add $ 159,00 SIMMS Mega Midget Racer, 512K Upgrade .$ 99.00 DKB 2632 with 4mb.....$ 349.00 1x4-60 ......CALL DKB Megachip 1x4-70 ....CALL
2000. ...$ 189.00 256x4-80 $ 5.00 DKB 3128A-3000 A 4000 256x4-70 $ 5.95 Memory Board ....CALL IVS 1 MEG Simms CALL 1x8-80 ..$ 45.00 1x8-70 ..$ 46.00 4x8-80 5139.00 4x8-70 $ 159.00 4x8-60 5179.00 8mb 16mb 32mb Simms CALL A4000 80 NS 4MB Simms$ 149.00 A4000 70NS4MBSimms...$ 159.00 A4000 60 NS4MB Simms... SI 69.00 GVP SIM32 4 M8 .CALL 1 MB .....$ 69.95 Nibble Mode Simms...CALL ZIPS A3000 Static Column Zips 1x4-80 SCZ $ 24.95 1x4-70 SCZ .CALL 256x4 - 80 SCZ ...$ 6.00 Includes Instructions MEMORY FOR ALL COMPUTERS - CALL! Due to trade tariffs all prices are subject to change without notice. DIPS 1x1 -100 54.99 1x1-80 ..$ 5.99 1x1-70 ..S6.50 256x4-80 CALL 256x4-70 CALL 1x4-80 ....CALL 256x1-120 ...$ 1.00 256X1 -100 80 70 60 ..CALL CSA-12 Gauge A1200 68030 DRAM BLOWOUT We 7 Beat any Advertised Price! Nobody’s Cheaper 50mhz Accelerator mmu with SCSI & optional Networking Controller A -4* with 4mb-60-70NS add S16905 5499 with 68882RC50 add $ 119°° ¥ call for other configurations PAGE ZIPS MICROBOTICS 1200Z With Clock and 68881RC20 FPU 1 MB S159.00 2 MB $ 199.00 4 MB $ 299.00 8 MB .S429.00 with 68882-50 ...add 8119.00 Call for other configurations! MATH CHIPS AND CPUs 68030-RC-50 with MMU ...$ 139.95 68882-RC-50 .$ 99.00(Call for other speeds) 387-25 SX (Bridge Board) .$ 69.95 Crystal Oscillators (Call for Speed) $ 10.00ea. 68882 PLCC 40 mhz ....$ 135.00 287 Mathco for Bridgeboard CALL 68881 - All speeds ......CALL 68882 - All speeds ......CALL Call for other speeds Memory World PHONE ORDERS: 215-244-7930 3392 Progress Dr. • Units B&C pAX ORDERS: 215-244-7932 Bensalem, PA 19020-5899 9 Attn: AMIGADBpt. Prices Subject to Change without notice VISA M C CHECK • Add $ 5.00 for Shipping & Handling • Add $ 18.00 for Overnight delivery • Add $ 10.00 for two-day delivery Add $ 5.00 for C.O.D. • PA Residents add 5% • (APO, AK, HI, Foreign shipping - call for rales) • 10% Restocking fee for return of non-defective items • No refund for Shipping Charges ANTI GRAVITY We at Anti-Gravity Products have the highest confidence in Amiga products, and the resurgence in the Amiga platform. It is our belief that we can only go up from here. The new owners of Commodore or the technology will support and market these products in the correct manner. The Amiga platform is too powerful to be ignored. Here at Anti-Gravity we stand ready to support and augment your Amiga systems with the latest in hardware, software and support for all your Amiga, Video Toaster and 3-D animation needs. When It Comes To Amiga Nobody Does It Like ANTI GRAVITY PRODUCTS! PRODUCTS 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 TEL (310) 393-6650 FAX (310) 576-6383 Thii aoveflisemeflt. *ts contents aro «$ stye are tne Copyngm o' Am. Gra ity Products and cannot be cup'cated * tt->out eipress written permission. Terms and Conditions; Cai fc1 Sapping rates, wo 'an! As, ana otrer pcJi&es trust apply Ouantties .to iix-tocarx: prices jib subject to enarxjo wtnou! Notice Anti Gravty Products |AGP| accepts COD own payable by casn.ors cfieck crly Payment must accompany at! Purchase orders V U are able to Otter Quantity discounts la thalers aro System Guide's Okie'S rr-ay ne paid By WsAMasiercanj, A.! Sates are final. No refunds, please Defective exchanges are fct sarra srodLc: onfy and musi nave a Return Maunai A mona-on njmoer 1RMA11» in original packag. Ng, arc condition. No guarantees are implied as to product perfcrma'ce with your system Or as to manufacturers cams and spea'icat-ons A 20% restock ng fee asp! Es to all evcranoes c! Unli-te products or an y orders that are cancel ted ater shipping All exchanges are at curoptdn. AGP cs aa e to snp v.a. 1) Feoe'ai Express Priority. Standard Overnight. And Second Day Economy; 2) UPS wemigtit. Second Day and Ground I.tost otters ant sh ppea within 48 hours lor you- convenience. Shipping damage must be -eported directly to the earner withm 10 days Federal Express logos used with permission A4000 Federal Express Delivery Available! We Accept VISA 1 1" -I . Jj m- r ami [compact- IF0NT5 $ 1295 $ 2245 A B Roll Patterns Holidays With NEW Non-Linear Editing Support! MAC i AmiMac4000 Tower Two - Two - Two - That's Two Computers In One AmigaDOS 3.1 Roms and Software & Manual MacROMs & System 7.1 Software Emplant w SCSI & 2 Serial Ports Tower with 11 slots 11 Drive Bays; 40MHz 040, SCSI-2, 2GB SCSI-2 HD; 2MB ChipRam, 32MB 60ns FastRAM; 24Bit Graphics Card Sc 17" IDEK 8617 Monitor RUMOR And The Win [Commode ier Is.... ft II! R-s r I ANTI GRAVITY PUBLISHING' ‘ PRESENTS; X fm PolyType ART Collection1 &1 IMAGES IN FONT FORMAT J I Polytype Art Collection includes original and innovative designs that relate to many different styles and tastes. |* Features; Easy To Use, Less Disk Space, r Postscript Flexablity, Quality fir Quantity And all the fonts are AMI complete FONTS " The font solution lor alt Amigas. All fonts presented in Amiga formats: PostScript"-, PageStream Compugraphic Intellifonf , ~ along with bitmaps for Video, Graphic and Mull imt-di.i applications. = 4000 TOWER! With: 40MHz 040, SCSI-2,1GB SCSI-2 HD, 2MB ChipRam, 16MB 60ns FastRAM $ Call Allure LeisureOrnaments Optyx Fruits & Vegetables Corners Animals & Birds Over 600 Exciting New Images S Call ArtDeco Arrowtek j)> (tm Buismess cons [AmigaDOS 3,1 UpGrade! ? A B Roll ? Tape Log Library Management ? 16,000 Event EDL ? Transfer Log Search to EDL ? Full Switcher Control ? Auto Assembly of EDL ? Slo-Motion Con troll ? Import Export CMX, GVG, Sony EDLs Features: Better 3D Look Improved 040 Support Faster FastFileSystem Directory Cache file System 8-Bit (256 color) Support Roms and Software & Manual A500 A2000 S195 A3000 S225 A4000 S225 [(ETHERNET SOLUTION Interworks ENLAN-DFS Ver 2.0 Software License Up to 5 Nodes $ 265 Toaster-Net: LightWave Network Rendering $ Call Ethernet Board $ Call Cables, T-Connecters, and Terminators are available cail for details pric We Have Systems! In Stock! Snap Maps: Building Materials k Fabrics Motion Nlci.il $ 129.95 Snap Maps are unique textures that trim 3D surfaces into new shapes! Snap Maps integrate 24-bit color maps with bump and clip maps to simulate complex structures! Save memory and modelling time in creating photorealistic scenes. Plus tutorial scenes for Lightwave, Imagine, and Real 30. Each Only $ 129.95J A4000WARP: 40MHz-040 $ Call 6MB Ram, SCSI-2, 540MB HD A4000WARP: 40MHz-040 S Call 18MB Ram, 2GB Barracuda HD 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 TEL (310) 393-6650 FAX (310) 576-6383 Renders w LightWave! Call us for complete specs, and test scenes you can test-render 32MB of Highspeed 15 ns TrueCache DRAM delivers zero wait states to the RISC processor j ._iWM £ I-i- 5 ANT! GRAVITY : PRODUCTS m 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 hJEL (310)393-6650 FAX (S10) 576-6383 , M I* PageStre a m 3 $ 23 5 It will change the wj vow think ttkut pitblishin} Introducing PaqeStream3 for the Toaster System and Amiga lputers... Tin and Toaster workstation. Computers... The best DTP program is Page5tream3 for the Amiga Design professional documents with built-in word processing and illustration capabilities, and the ability to work with many Mac and PC file formats. When you order PS 3.0 you can also get your copy of the superlative new foronlv525. Manual of typography, "Practical Typography for Desktop Publishers, T77 1 Noahji's and versatility of true on-line video and audio non-linear recording, editing, and playback to your Amiga! Video Editing Software . Vlab Motion System Bundle RETINA Z2 2MB 4MB RETINA 23 1MB 4MB S 375 S 525 S 565 S 690 non-linear audio editing is a quantum leap in speed and compatibility: $ 435 Dynamic Motion Module: $ 130 ThtUHMT, MofTAfOWJtn W£T tOAMlfUTt WTTH IMHTWAVI 30 Dynamic Motion Module: Remember the Domino Theory? Dominoes falling in a chain reaction. Imagine trying to animate that scene Imagine the time and effort of setting all those key frames. With Positron Publishing’s Dynamic Motion Module for Lightwave 3D, that drudgery is gone forever. DMM makes this and hundreds of other previously impossible motion files a snap-it automatically calculates the key frames, detects the collisions and makes the objects respond appropriately. Think of the time you'll save and how productive you'll become with DMM-The Easiest Way To Animate With Lightwave 30.
* t Finally, a hard drive fast and economical enough to back up and ¥ transport large files, and to use as a primary drive. New SyQue technolociv ensures data integrity. The 2705Q reads writes 105 Mb cartridges. Special version of 3105 3270AT from SyQuest with our driver, compatible with the A4000, including disk- change, Available in several configurations incl. Internal for the AT, internal and external for the SCSI. Also available bundled wi an AT or SCSI controller, if required. Mastering Television Technology by Cecil Smith is a guide to video and audio technology addressing technical issues, including system timing, imaging, audio mixing, more. Answers To Telvision Technology by Cecil Smith is a compilation of his answers to questions posed in his AV Video column, and seminars. Mastering Toaster Technology by Brent Malnack and Phil Kurz is the step-by- step guide to using the NewTek Video Toaster.f Designed to walk readers through important Toaster tasks. FAST-14ms avg, access HUGE-Unlimited storage QUIET Shhh, listen. SMALL-3.5 x 1 inch. DataFlyer SCSI+ card attaches to the IDE header and converts it to also run SCSI. A1200 S100 A4000 S119 DataFlyer4000SX A4000 scsi card S120 DataFiyer XDS A1200 External IDE case S 85 The Hard Drive RUGGED-2 year Warranty EASY Auto-Diskchange driver INTELII GENT-64 K buffer. COMPLET- Hardware & Software DATAFLYER SyQuest 105SQ Int. IDE Drive Kit $ 395 270SQInt. IDE Drive Kit Scail 2 OSQInt. SCSI Drive Kit S655 _ EXPANSION m
- ---- • How Fast Is The Warp Engine? HARDWARE FEATURES Very High Speed Local 040 Memory Bus with full 040 burst access.
* NCR 530710 40MHz SCSI-2 Fast Controller connected directly to the 040.
* 32Bi t SCSIhost bus DMA interface supporting burst to and from the RAM
* Supports lOMB s SCSI transfers.
* Full DMA allows the CPU to still have 90% Processing Power while doing Transfers.
* No Zorro III DMA Problems.
* Fully Autoconfigurable with optional Autoboot capability for SCSI.
* 32Bit Ram Expansion Up To T28MB.
* Uses Standard 72Pin SIMM Modules.
* Allows Mixing of Ram Module Sizes.
* Supports 4, 8,16,32 MB SIMM Modules.
* Uses the Memory that is installed on the Amiga 4000 MotherBoard. ¦ Supports DMA access from Zorro III Devices to onboard Memory.
* A3000 Version Supports up to 64MB of 32Bit Memory.
* A3000 Engine will clock 16MHz MotherBoards at 25MHz. Compatibility
* Compatible with the Video Toaster, Retina Z-lll and Opal Vision.
* Works in all 3000, and 4000 series Amigas.
* Requires AmigaDos 2.1 or greater.
* Full Two Year warranty Rendering Lw3D Texture Example A4000 040-25MHz: 160 sec. A4000 Warp 28MHz: 82 sec.- aprox. 2x faster A4000 Warp40MHz: 56 sec.-aprox. 3x Warp SCSI-2 Speed: | [ ™ Using DiskspeedstHe 2.1 GB Barh udaDris* Read 9MB sec with 94% of the CPUstil) availiBi The Warp Engine Series of Accelerators is a break-through in Amiga Expansion design. The Warp Engine conies in three versions for the Amiga Toaster 4000 and three for the Amiga 3000. All Warp Engines are fully upgradable to 40MHz by just changing the CPU and the Clock Oscillator! The Warp Engine uses standard 72 Pin SIMMs (NO CUSTOM SIMMS )and allows the use of up to fourlfiffefent sizes of SIMMs (4, 8,16 and 32MB) at the same time, j V Unlike other companare only available from them, and or they only allow the same size SIMMs to be installed making it necessary to remove your old SIMMs before you can add larger SIMMs. The NCR53C710-1 SCSI-II Fast 32Bit DMA Bus Master Processor makes it the Fastest available with its direct connection to the 040 chip this provides up to lOMB s Transfers and allows the 040 to retain 90% to 98% of its processing power! Zorro III Memory boards cannot even reach 70% of the speed of the Motherboard Memory while Warp Engines Local 040 Burst Memory is many times faster than the Motherboard Memory! A3000 WARPS NOW AVAILIBLE WARP-3000: 28MHZ W with a 25MHz 040 CPU $ 935 WARP-3000: 33MHZ 0 MB Ranr*0000 $ 1185 rT with a 4jyiB 60ns $ Call WARP*3tKS5jpKt)MHZ ___ - 0MB Ram $ 1415 $ 1415 S Call S Call with a 16MB 60ns $ Call with a 32MB 60ns $ Call p400 WARP tilKoin ast!] WARP-4000: 28MHZ with NO CPU S 760 with an 040 CPU S 935 WARP-4000: 33MHZ 0 MB Ram S1185 with a 4MB 60ns $ Call WARP-4000: 40MHZ 0MB $ 1415 with a 16MB 60ns Scail with a 32MB 60ns V $ Call J The Most Powerful DeskTop Video System In The World! I The Only Proven Amiga Tower 4000 Solution! | I -v TOASTER OVEN 4000 11 Slots Available at One Time! 1 Video Slot Up to 6 Zorro Slots* | OwTIO 6 PC Slots L Am 11 Drive Bays 300 Watt Switchable Power Supply Mouse, Keyboard & Joystick Extenders HardDisk & Floppy Cables Included 2 Cooling Fans All Metal RF Enclosure W i j |F L.E.D, Readout For Clock Speed I* I £>. Switches Monitor On Off Ij | 'Optional Adopter allow you to plug your YC+or Personal Component Adopter into our PC Card Slot, i Finally you can enjoy the full power of | • ! Your Amiga 4000 and transform it into the most powerful Desktop Video System ... . J in the world! "The most elegant solution.. 'Now that's power on the desktop." Desktop Video World Computer Video (»Mm Pomlionse $ 120»CroJjL§ oools| The Easy To Use Video Operating System integrates all your Arexx compatible programs Now your Toaster productions 1 f can move ahead speedily and j efficiently, with IlOO video functions. No more Arexx >ro- together v Crouton Tools 4000! Toaster Toolkit . 70 * Creative power of your Toaster, better than ever! Homes: $ 95 Four complete, scaled homes for Lightwave. Exteriors, Interior rooms Doors and windows animated. Over 120 surfaces per home. Interior Construction: 595 Create rooms moldings, walls, floors, ceilings and rooms. Interior Design 1 Over 50 Real-Worla Scaled Furniture Objects: beds, tables, chairs, cabinets, and more. Doors and drawers can be animated! Interior Design 2: $ 45 Over 50 Scaled Kitchen i L_ and Bathroom Objects: l Lighting Objects, ap- I ,E fi pliances, cabinetry, sinks, 'vanities, bathtubs, toilets and toiletry, and more. Doors and drawers can be animated! Interior Design 3 Over 50 Real-Worla Scaled Office Objects: chairs, desks, book cases, file cabinets, shelves, PC workcenters and more. FLYER 4000 NON-LINEAR TAPELESS EDITOR TOWER WORK STATION: r7WSBS ) TOASTER OVEN Tower 4000, i 3 40MHz-040, SCSI-2, 2GB HD, . )Uf W- ' : 2MB ChipRam, 32MB Ram, I 7 Video Toater 4000, lls i .iI ” Video Toaster Flyer, i ¦11 i ! 111I Is Flyer HD's Two 9GB Elite-9 BA IV.ili ] I 20GB 2.5MB sec Tape Backup, i QuadSpeed CD-ROM Drive, I Suiy * I AsbO II 2MB, SyncStrainer, |. L a 17" IDEK Monitor,... plus more. We have these systems available for sale $ Call for Pricing! Emrm m t ty* ~ *• Experience the HILite Difference! ¦¦ Extended Warranty Plans Available! Eli I US -* 2, 3, & 4 year Warranty ? 72 Hour Replacements ....., , ...... . ? 800-Toll-Free Tech Support HILite is committed to provide added value, convenience + install Video Available and excellent customer support with every product we offer. On most models! ESSssQ&syS&'vsQa; Featuring Drives From Conner, IBM Maxtor Si Quantum!! HILile SCSI-2 HardDisks HILile IDE HardDisks mr size speed internal externa fmj size speed bare
0. S4 OB3.S 9.Sms S 44S SS4S 0J4 GB 35 I3ms 5395
1. 0 00 3.5 9.5ms S785 S885 054 GB 15 95ms S495 1-0 CB 3.5 8.6ms SBSS S95S 072 GB 3.5 9imS S 795 2 g OB3.5 9.2ms S1350 S1450 O.Ht GB IS 86ms S895
4. 0 OB 5 9.5ms S2835 S2935 i.o GB 35 92ms S950
3. 5* SyQuest- 105MB & 270MB Hns art average seek time of 14,5ms; Comes in SCSI & IDE formats; And the 270MB drive reads f* writes the 105MB cartridges.
5. 25’ SyQuest- 88MB tit 200MB Has an average seek time ol 20ms; Comes only in SCSI format; And the 20QMB drive itads fct writes the 44MB fci 8BMB cartridges. Drives: BBC 105 200 270 IDE Bare Drive S N A S 265 S N A SN A SCSI Bare Drive S 2B5 S 265 $ 415 $ 395 External w Carl. S 45S $ 42$ S 5SS S 495 Federal Express Delivery Available! Cartridges: BBMB 105MB 2O0M8 270MB 1 each for $ 100 $ 70 $ 120 $ 90 We Accept 5 each for $ 93 S 65 $ 110 S 85 . 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 TEL (310) 393-6650 FAX (310) 576-6383 Game Preserve By Peter Ola [son, AW Games Editor King’s Quest VI BETTER LATE THAN never: Sierra has returned lo llie Amiga market with a relative bang. With King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow, Sierra's first Amiga game since 1992's Conquest of the Longbow, the California publisher finally has made the sort of animated adventure that, while not without its flaws, does credit both to the genre and to the Amiga. The style of play isn’t all that different from the treasure hunts in the earlier King’s Quests: Get object, use object to get another object or to open up new territory, and repeat until done. The story follows a shipwrecked Prince Alexander (whom you may recall as the young hero of King’s Quest T11) as he visits five disparate islands in an effort to recover his beloved princess, Cassima (who is, naturally, in thrall to the evil vizier). Ho-hum, eh? The usual Sierra stuff. Well, no, not ho-hum. For one thing, the presentation is decidedly improved. This is die first Amiga conversion that Sierra did not do itself; instead, it drafted English developer Revolution Software = the outfit behind Konami’s Lure of the Temptress and Virgin’s Beneath a Steel Sky), and you’ll notice the difference immediately. The colors have greater luster, even though there are only 32 of them; KQVI isn’t quite up to the 256-color IBM original, but it's a nice approximation, with an impression of solidity, smoothness, and weight. (An AGA version was planned, but apparently has been called off.) Similarly, while the game flows along particularly nicely on an accelerated machine, it’s now playable on a stock 68000 without the sense that heavy-duty rendering is going on in the background. Spot animations, which used to slow down the whole operation, are brought off in a more easy-going, Amiga-like fashion. And while Sierra mastered the Amiga’s music-playing abilities long ago, never has a Sierra score sounded this majestic. Despite an entrv-level, fairy-tale sensibility to the story, KQVI is a better game; it pulls a number of unconventional ShowBits: CES WITH CBM MORE liquid than solid, the Amiga was at best a vaporous presence at summer CES compared to the relatively lively January show. But, while out of sight, Amy was not entirely out of mind. Take 2, the outfit built around the former Paragon Software, indicated that it's releasing Amiga conversions of two of Microprose's IBM games: the celebrated space empire-building game Master of Orion and the sadlv-neglected RPG BloodNet a tale of vampires Prince Alexander challenges the Lord of the Dead in King’s Quest VI. .3
2. 0 ?
3. 0 ? Hard-drive installable. Off-disk copy-protection. Stunts that will keep you pleasantly oil balance, h provides a character who, under various guises, coaxes Alexander to do tilings that can kill him. A huge two-level maze is sequestered deep in the game, and you’ll have to keep wits (and maps) about you to pull through. It’s more open-ended than most of its predecessors, and while it still has bottlenecks in which certain actions are necessary, you're given a lot of leeway to roam. ** (hi fact, about two thirds of the way through, the path splits in two one route straightforward, the other elaborate and bound up with magic spells (this an evident nod to KOI 11). The writing has evolved into storytelling; by the time Alexander meets the Lord of the Dead (pictured) on the cusp of the endgame, it’s positively poignant. H was probably loo much lo hope that Sierra Revolution would get everything right die first time out. The screen-top icon bar often inherits a bleached-out cast from the playfiekl. And and net-lurking set in a future New York. Look for them around the middle of next year, (Another Paragon game, Twilight 2000, is slated to be released for AGA machines by England’s Empire Software.) The Amiga news out ofDomark was mixed. Designer Mike Singleton indicated that, contrary to reports in the British press, he is not planning an Amiga version of the enormous strategy adventure. The Lords of Midnight. However, Domark reps indicated that it’s likelv we ll see a version of its forthcoming high-end helicopter sim, Apache. C A Wow! Exquisite. A must for your games library. C Meets expectations. Good, solid performer. B Great fun. Plenty of entertainment value here. D Disappointing. Lots of room for Improvement. F A real stinker. Don’t waste your time. £ You may encounter some problems under this operating system and or require a PAL NTSC adapter. We Ship Worldwidefl mHwmMwmmmmwmmmmmtt ' ¦ ¦ mm __ __ INFO: (212) 633-2290 FAX: (212)633-7717 FAX US YOUR ORDER OR INQUIRY ESTABLISHED 1977 SE HABLA ESPANOL Spetlal-of-fht-monlh: Commodore 2.1 Rom Upgrade Kits $ 84.95 COMPUTERS 650 6TH AVENUE, (COR, 20TH5T) NY, NY 10011 'Vour Video Toaster - Commodore AMIGA Headquarters" NIU)! Epson 6S600C 24 Bit Color Scanner mm me Ivad Channel TBC $ 1169.95 GOUXN GATHBiix $ 734.91 Bring or moil in your equipment for in & out oriuorronty work factory trained technicians $ 719.95 ES800C $ 969.95 I GVP G-FORCE 030-40MHZ 12 MEG RAM 340 MEG SCSI DRIVE VIDEO TOASTER 4000 $ 3450 Cm fll on it = 1 The I Jmmate CSA Twelve Guciae 50Mhz Power for your Mac Emulator! $ 339.95 Cdilizer True A® Roil* Multi Famat Edita "ooster Control* DR TBC Control LOUUCSTII free cables!! Free cables!! .95 & UP Software Amiback 2.0
39. 95 Amiback Tools
49. 95 Brilliance
124. 95 Image F X 1.5
199. 95 Disney Animation
69. 95 Gigamem CALL Aladdin 4D 3.2 CALL Art Expression
139. 95 Final Writer II Rel II CALL Hotlinks Editions
74. 95 Morphus Call Vistapro 3.1
59. 95 Dpaint 4.6 AGA
119. 95 Hollywood F X
359. 95 Directory Opus 4.0
59. 95 Wavemaker
139. 95 Deluxe Music 2.0
94. 95 Gold Disk Office
79. 95 Procalc II
119. 95 Distant Suns 5.0
59. 95 Anim Workshop II
89. 95 Lightwave 3D
499. 95 Monitors Software Final Copy 2.0 Pagestream 2.2 (3.0) Art Dept Pro V2.5 SAS Lattice C. V6.0 Imagine 3.0 Amax IV Deskjet 560c Driver Toaster F X Real 3D V2.0 Pixel 3D Pro 2.0 Alla Paint Morph Plus Playmation Interchange Plus 3.0 Montage Trexx Pro 2.0 Montage 24 Montage Postcript
399. 95 CALL
179. 95 CALL
264. 95 Call SYNC STRAINER!!! Y C Plus (Toaster) Trimedia Drawing Tablets Boca Ext. 14.4 Fax Modem Wavetools 16 bit sampler Video Stot Box CSA Twelve Guage 33 MHZ CSA Derringer A2000 25 MHZ Wacom Tablets (all) FastTane Z3 Scsi ll RAM Optical Mouse Multiface III One Stop Music Shop Mac Roms F Amax II Plus AD 516 w Studio 16 AD 1012 W Studio 16 Triple Play Plus DKB Megachip 2000 DKB 3128 Ram BD DKB 1202 20 mhz Mem BD
699. 95 CALL
149. 95 CALL CALL
299. 95 CALL
1149. 95 CALL
194. 95 CALL
89. 95 CALL
499. 95 wiVisfan Seeing is Believing it Video 5 Graphics System MswVMon 2.C Due to ad production schedules, our prices may actually be lower than advertised! THE VIDEO PROCESSOR IS HERE!! TOCs & Genlocks CALL
449. 95 CALL Call Commodore 1942 CTX for Amiga MS IDEK 5017 sp Electrohome 14* IDEK 5021 NEC MS 3FG 4FG Canon BJC 600
16. 7 million Color! FARGO PRIMERA Personal TBC III Little Magic Box DPS Pers Vscope Hotronics AP 41 Hotronics AP 41 SF The Personal SFC GVP G-Lock Supergen SX
619. 95 _J 24 bit Frame buffer & Display Auto NTSC or PAL Double Buffered 24-Bit animations. OpalPaint OpalPresents, & Opal Animate Main Board Only
669. 95 Dye-Sub for FARGO 189.95 msmmpvms Will not be undersold! Call if you need a price beat AD-5fo Industries m6mfim $ 1149.95 ? Ad 1012 (12 bit) $ cm AIA$ sryiorAD5l6 $ CALL
369. 95!!! Rn imyt; oiu uii |=§ DIGITALl 1 1 n«xx»»n srsnHUMC 1 1 it- 1HI jM* Z*j Multimedia Center! I-3 Pers TBC IV 779.95 Pers Anim R&c $ 1564.95 PersComp Adapt 429.95 v J Toshiba 3401B Internal 289.95 11 Toshiba 3401B External 429.95 1 8 NEC Multispeed 3xi 479.95 11 Texture Heaven CD 59.95 11 All CD related Call |_® Authorized Amiga Service Center oru Bernoulli 150 Int Drive Bernouilli 150 Ext Drive Syquest 200 Meg Int Drive Bernouilli 88 Meg Carls F Syq Bernouilli 44 Meg Carts F Syq Ext Chassis & Power Supply Micropolis 520 Meg ide Micropolis 1 GIG ide Micropolis 1.7 Gig ide Micropolis 1 GIG AV SCSI Micropolis 1.7 Gig AV Scsi West Dig 340 Meg ide West Dig 420 ide Quantum 270 Meg Scsi Quantum 340 Meg Scsi Quantum 1 GIG Scsi Seagate 1.2 Gig Scsi Seagate 2.2 Gig Scsi Seagate 3.5 Gig Scsi Seagate 9 gig HD WARP A4000 040-28 540 Meg HD Toaster 4000 W! New 3.1 16 MEG RAM $ 5495 "I Upgrade your 4000 to the Mdxl $ 4495 A-200D UPGRADE 2 GVP G-FORCE 040-33 Toaster 4000 W New 3.1 18 Meg Ram Memory 1 GIGABYTE HD COMPLETE TOASTER & ACCELERATION PACKAGES ON SALEH . A2000 UPGRADE W: $ 6291 Tristate is a Ml service dealer for pros and amateurs alike. Ute carry everything in Video ond iditing I Authorized Dealer .oives Prices Guaranteed! FlmiLink Cl Editor Headquarters
- GVP $ 1995 CALL Enhancements Merlin 4mb
739. 95 IV-24 24 bit Graphics
1049. 95 Talon CALL RGB for OCTV CALL DCTV
274. 95 EGS Spectrum 1 meg
299. 00 EGS Spectrum 2 meg
369. 95 EGS Spectrum 110 CALL Picasso 1 meg
424. 95 Picasso 2 meg
499. 95 Section Essence Voi I, If CALL LightRave 3.1
279. 95 Ethernet Solutions CALL Tapeworm
84. 95 Pamet with Cable
37. 95 Wedding Collection
69. 95 Dynamic Motion CALL Wavelink
69. 95 Imagemaster R T
79. 95 Humanoid
129. 95 The Cathedral
59. 95 Sparks
69. 95 The Jurassic Collection
99. 95 Multiframe
89. 95 Cl P A B Roll Cl Cuts Only Combo 040-33mhz 4 0 GVP I O Extender A4000-40mhz 040 TBC Plus TBC Plus Remote Simm32 1mb Simm32 4mb Simm32 16mb A1230 no FPU,0k A1230 w FPU,4M Phone Pak VFX DSS8 + Sound Studio Image F X 1.5 A4008 SCSI
129. 95 CALL
599. 95 CALL
209. 95 CALL CALL
149. 95 VLAB Motion VLAB Jnl Y C VLAB External Retina 2 MB Retina 4 MB Retina 4 MB w TV PAINT Retina Z-lll Toccata 16 bit Warp Engine 040--40mhz Warp Engine 040-4000-28 Sparks Animation Multiframe Adpro TVPaint 2.0 Pro Studio Printer Driver
89. 95 Call
59. 95 NEWTEK Authorized Dealer Prime Image Dealer We also carry a full line of Cameras, IBM Computers and related Multimedia, Faxes Darkroom, Video and More Call us to help design your 3D Animation Solution Beginner to Hollywood! Accepted. Overnight shipping available. 15 Day Money back guaraniee. All Merchandise brand nevy fadorv fresh. Custom Configurations our specialty. Prices subject to chanoe without notice. Not responsible for typographical errors. Extended Warranty Available U S and Canada. R COD ft SIDELINE SOFTWARE orders 1-800-888-9273 only 840 N.W. 57th Court, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 Need Info? Call (305) 491-9519 Pnct & Availability subject lo cnonge a! Any time1 "e'etbve croducts etenjrj ipprc U S products wanantied through manufacture* SHIPPING (UPS Ground) for up to 3 pieces, fcy payment MasSercjifl L Visa S5W*CO.D IcoshQnty) SlO.M Next day arr odd $ 50. 2nd day ail add $ 5.3 day air add S3 !o tasrc rate Shipping times not guaranteed COMPATIBILITY NOT GUARANTEED DEALER INQUIRIES? Call 305-491-09$ Nothing is etched in stone Everything is subject lo change No refunds or exchanges Dtfettve products exchanged win sarrw rtem. But subjec! To Sideline approval CALL flRST' U K products warranted through Sideline NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOFTWARE PERFORMANCE New Additions are in Red Type 3 0 Construction Kit IS 95 3 0 World Boxing 18.95 4'DSoorts Boxing 2195 4‘D Sports Driving 21.95 A T raw 26 95 Action Stations 19 95 Addam's Family 18.95 Afnka Korps 16.95 Air Support (Psygnosis) tS. 95 Alfred Chicken (regular or AG At 21 95 Alien Breed Special Edition 24 95 Alien Breed 2 1895 Aliens 3 18 95 Ancient Art ol War in The Skies 29.95 Another Woilit 21 95 Apidya 2195 Apocalypse 26 95 Arabian Knights 18 95 Assassin Special Edition 21.95 Barbarian 2 (Psygnosis) 16 95 BATH 18.95 Battle Hawks 1942 21.95 Battle Isle 13.95 Battleship 12.95 Battle tech 18 95 Bill Elliot NASCAR Challenge 21 95 Bill's Tomato Game 18 95 Birds of Prey Elecircmc Ms,1 24 95 Black Crypt 2195 Blackjack Academy to 95 Blob (Core Design) 21.95 Blues Brothers 21.95 Body 8fours 18.95 Body Blows 2 18. 95 Brutal Sports roptbii! 24 55 Cadaver and Data Disk 21.95 Championship Manager'93 21 95 Chaos Engine 26 95 Checkers. Chess. Backgammon IB 95 Chess Master 2100 18 95 Chuck Rock 2 2195 Cohort Fighting tor Rome 18 95 Combat Air Patrol fPsygnosist 26 95 Conan the Cimarron 18.95 Cool Croc Twins (with T-shirli 21.95 Corporation 21.95 Covert Aclrn (Microoiose! 18.95 Crazy Cars 3 21.95 Cruise lor a Corpse 18 95 Cycles iAcco ader 16 95 D-Generation AGA 21 95 Dark Mere 24 95 Delender Ot The Crown 16.95 Deluxe Strip Poker 2 18 95 Deuieros 21.95 Diggers AGA 24.95 Con* 16.95 Doodle Bug 18.95 Double Dragon 3 18 95 Oracula (Psygnosis) 21 95 Dragons pi Flame (SSI) 14 95 Done 21 95 Eton 2 2195 Epic 2195 Eye Ot the Beholder 1 (SSI) *9.95 Eye oi me Beholder 2 Ssi ’ 24 95 F-15 Sinke Eaole 2 24.95 F-16 Falcon (Spectrum Hoiobyte) 18.95 Face Oil ice Hocxey 16.95 Fairy Tale Adventure 16 95 Fast Break Basketbaf i2.95 feudal Loras '8 9o Fircteam 2200 18 95 Fhght ol the Intrude' 21.95 Fool's Errand 16 95 full Metal Planet '8 95 Gauntlets 18.95 Global Effect 18.95 Globule (Psygnosis) 18.95 Great Napoleonic Ba tiles 18.95 Hardball l 16.95 Harlequin 18.95 Harpoon Challenger Facie 24 95 He mdatl 18.95 HillSlar (SSlI 16 95 Hoyles Book of Games 1 2 3. Each 18.95 Indiana Jones Graphic Adventure 18 95 Indianapohs 500 (Electronic Ads) 19.95 Indy heat 18.95 International Ice Hockey 16.95 Jack Nicklaus Greatest 18 16.95 Jaguar XJ 220 21.95 James Pond Aquatic Games 16.95 John Maoden r-ootbal 2495 Knights ct the Sky (M croprcseI 18.95 Ktughmire 2195 laser Squad 12.95 t egend (4 Crystals ot Trazzar) 2195 Legena of Valor 24 95 Lemmmgsland? 26 95 Links God 2495 Lionheam 21.95 Loom (Lucaslt(m) 19.95 L Qtus Turbo Challenge 3 21.95 M-1 Tank Platoon (Micrcprose) 21.95 Maniac Mansion 18.95 Megatraveter 2 18.95 Mercenary 3 18.95 Microprose Golf (Greens) 2495 Millenium Return to Earth 16.95 Monty Python 16.95 Napolean 1 (Intercmei 18 95 Neuromancer 18 95 New Zealand Story 16 95 Nick Faldo s Golf 2495 Nigell Mansell Grand Prix 21.95 Obitus (Psygnosis) 18 95 Overrun (SSI) 16 95 Pacific islands (Team Yankee 21 21 95 Palladm 2 18.95 Panza Kick Boxmg 18 95 Paperboy 2 19 95 Parasol Stars (FUmbpw2i 21.95 Phantasit 3 (SSI) 12 95 PiCUoniry 16 95 Pirates' 19 95 Police Quest 3 (Sierra) 24 95 Populous Promised Lands 21 95 Populous 2 21 95 Power Monger A WW1 21.95 Premiere 26 95 Premier Manager 2 2195 Prince of Persia 16 95 Protect X 2195 Pushover 2195 Putty 24 95 Quack (Team 12) 24 95 R- Type 2 18 95 Railroad Tycoon 24 95 Risky Woods 21 95 Road Rash 18 95 Robocod Regular and AGA 1895 RobOCOp 3 D 26 95 Rodland 18 95 Saber Team 21.95 Secret of Monkey Island 21 95 Seek and Destroy 24 95 Sensible Soccer 93 24 95 Shadowlands 18 95 Shadow Worlds IS 95 Shutflepuck Cafe 16 95 Silent service 2 24 95 Sim Ant 26 95 Sim City 21 95 Sim Earth 26 95 Skid Marks 2495 SoCCffr Kid 21 95 Space 1889 14 95 Space Crusade 2195 Space Quest 3 18 95 Speedbaii 2 18 95 Sporls ot War (Intetcne) IB 95 Stardust 2195 Street Fighter 2 24 95 Stun: Car Racer 16 95 Super Space Invaders 18 95 Super Sqweek 14 95 Super Tetns 21 95 Supremacy 2195 Syndicate' 2495 T2 The Arcade Game 18 95 T V Sports Baseball 2195
T. V. Sports Football 18 95
T. V Sports Boxing 21 95 Team Yankee 21 95 The immortal 19 95 The Simpsons 18 95 The Third Reich (Avalon Hill) 21.95 The Three Stooges 18 95 Their Finest Hour 2195 Tip-Off Basketball tg 95 Tcki 16 95 Torvak the Wa rnor 16 95 Traders (Mule Clone) '8 95 Tracccn 2 26 95 Trivia Pursuit Genius Ed 16 95 Troddters 18 95 Trolls or Trolls AGA 18 95 Utopia 2195 Volhed I QIX 2) IS 95 Walker (Psygnosis) 24 95 Warm the Gulf 18 95 Warhead 16 95 War Zone 16 95 While Death (Intercme) 13 95 Winter Ofympics '94 Lithhammer 21 95 Wo Kid 18 95 We and Liz (Psygnosis i 21 95 Worlds at War (Intercme) 18 95 Worlds of Legends (Legend 21 24 95
W. WF 2 Euro Rampage 24 95 Xenon 2 (Megabiast) 14 95 Zak McCracken 18 95 Zool 19 95 ZoolAGA (A-1260) 24 95 Zed 2 24 95 Aladdm (AGA only I 42 Amazon Ouetn 40 Amber Moon 40 Apocalypse 22 Arcade Pool 21 Arnugedon 2 35 Banshee ¦ AGA ONLY 55 Beneath a Steel Sky 40 Benefactor 35 Burn Time 40 Cannon Fodder 55 Civilization lAGA 42 D-Day (impressions) 40 Detroit (Impressions 40 Dream wri> 42 t if Mane 35 Elite II 55 Fields ol Glory (Mieraprost I 42 FIFA Soccer 40 Global Domination 40 Gunship 2000 AGA 42 Heimdall2 orAGA 40 K240 55 King Maker 53 King's Quest 6 (Sierra) 45 Overlord 42 Raiden 55 Rules of Engagement 2 40 Sim City 2000 ¦ AGA Onl Y Soon Simon the Sorcerer & AGA 42 Star Lord tMicroprosei 42 The Blue and the Gray J0 The Settlers 40 Theme Park-AGA ONLY 45 Tornado Flight Simulator or A GA 42 Turbo hat 55 U F O (Microorose) 42 Ultimate Pinball Quest 59 Universe 40 Valhaia 58 When Two Wo las War 40 Wing Commander_27_ NEW TITLES COIN - OP HITS? Indus*! Nmn Spurt. Dynasty W»»S HirtimtiliST, ViQiUnlt. Ghouls anfl GhOSlt ALL FOR S24.95 LORDS OF POWER Includes I he Pertecl General. Red Bjion. Siienl Service 2. Jnd Railrsaa Tycoon AI L LOR 549.95 POWER PACK includes T V Spoils fool tun. Kgnon 2. Bioaflwycn amd lumbjid Road Rally ALL FOR 529.95 BIG BOX 2 induce: TV focttal 5icr.ro mt future 5. Real GnosJtiusters R-Type S>n&ad. Arrmiyte Ditenders of ih-s Earrn, Inf I Karaie Plus Bom buttle. ALL FOR 539 95 COMBAT CLASSICS Includes 53E Arrack Sue, FI5Sint*Eagie2 Team Yanicse ALL FOR 534.95 TOO HOT TO HANDLE includes Su.nti OH Road Riorg Golden A» e, Total Renn Shade Wamoi ALL FOR 529.95 EXCELLENT GAMES Shiitit. Papulous 2. James Pond ?, Archer McClein's Pool ALL FOR 549.95 POWER HITS includes L'TK Compute People Shangnai Sjnn Dcry 'iVviic: Pori*, oi Cali nacker 2 fivti* ftcfi. Figt'er Bombei. Ge A r R j , W ¦; ¦ d Tournament Go ft ALL FOR $ 34 95 While They Last! $ 6,95 Each, or Any 3 for $ 20! All Sales Final! Apuavtntura * Thunder Jaws Car dux ' Night Shift Hudson Hawk " Ran-X Borodino California Games 2 Megaphoemx ' Hagar the Horrible Faces (Tns 3) Red Zone ‘ Alpha Waves Deadline Bushbuck Treasure Hunter Dojo Dan Dark Castle Zoetrope
20. 003 Leagues Under Sea Bravo Romeo Delta Under Pressure Gem-X' Nm a Remix T2 Judgement Day Deluxe Productions Revenge of Defender ' - requires AGNUS chip. Most Titles $ 35! Gunsnif 2000. Super Meinane Brothers. Labyrinth ol Time liMfition. Heimdail 2 U FO . TFX Chaos Engine.Ahen Breed 2, Uhimaie Body Blows. Elite 2. The Last Vikings. Battle Chess, impossible Mission. Banshee, Top Gear 2. Vital Light, Kid Chaos. Aladdm. Guardian. Universe. Utile Devil. Jet Strike, Simon the Sorcerer, Beneath a Sleet Sky. Second Samurai. Arcade Pool. Competi'ion Pro CD 32 Joystick gnty 523 Kijit-iAnrda Amiga formal. C U, Amiga. Amiga Games, Amiga Action. Amiga Computing. Amiga User International Amiga Power. CO 32 Gamer ALL WITH DISKS-S10 each Amiga Shcpper-no piSk 57 CD32 TITLES IN STOCK MULTI PACKS Fax (305) 481-6134 1 V M E P R E S E R E some of the more detailed artwork lacks definition, (The lace on Alexander's animated figure looks like a crash-test dummy’s, and when one ol Cassima's hairs turns up in vour inventory, ii looks more like a dirty earthworm.) I ran into a graphic glitch at one point, and the game repeatedly locked up in an alcove oil the upstairs hall in the palace. The hard-tlisk installation process is a long one (even lor a 10-disk game) and supports only one floppy drive. There’s no documented way to quit to Workbench. Indeed, despite acknowledgement that some elements ol the game have been changed Irom the IBM original, there’s little in the way of Amiga-specific documentation. The pruning has been judicious. KQYI hasn’t been cut so much as trimmed and tightened up the sort of improvements more typically associated with Amiga pros like Micro Prose. This is a major step for the publisher, and it's bound to be a good time for us. Well done, Sierra, well done. And welcome back. What’s Up, Psygnosis? Psygnosis, the Liverpool-based publisher long a vital force in the Amiga market recently released in quick succession three games that are almost inarguablv the worst in its ncarlv Q O , decade-long history. That’s taking into account early releases like Bratacus and Deep Space, as well as acknowledged second- echelon games that used to be released via the Psyclapse label. Anti it also includes unfortunate recent experiments like Red Zone. What the dnnl lias happened to Psygnosis? Circumstance would seem Lo point a linger at parent corporation Sony, which bought the company in 1993, because all three games are licenses based on Columbia Pictures film properties arcaders and beat-cm-ups without a wit of originality or cleverness or any special affiliation to their source material. Bra.m Stoker's Dracula Bra m Stokers Dracula has been in die works forever. Contacts at Psygnosis suggested that the Amiga version might finally emerge as a hybrid of two earlier, artistically less-t ban- successful Dracula games: the sideview Sega beat-’eni-up and the IBM Wolfensiein-3D-like, free-scrolling action adventure. Unfortunately, the Sega game won out. (The IBM would at least have been a relative novelty on the Amiga.) There’s not much to it . The appeal of the quasi-realistic character and the sepia-tone backdrops will last about five minutes. Then the monotony of the laughter, the disembodied sounds, the oddly mincing movements, the trivial opponents, and the unlikely challenges begin to set in. Score: L). Last Action Hero Last Action Hero is simply a Double Dragon clone, with none of the artistry (albeit it crude) that those games sometimes exhibited. The character looks more like James Caan than Arnold’s Jack Slater. The scenery and opponents have almost no variety. It's like playing in your sleep the same game repeating over and over again and if that sounds like a description of a nightmare, well, so be it. Score: D-. CUFFIIANGER If good movies made for good games, then Cliffhanger should have been a great mountain-climbing adventure. As it happens, it’s the most abysmal thing Psygnosis has ev er laid claim to and the worst major-label Amiga game I've ever seen: a tiny character, moving awkwardly over untntimidating terrain, dodging clumps of snow, and punching hawks and wolves (which are indistinguisable by color). Ocean, which has a history oflame film licenses, could do far better than this. In fact, there’s much better stuff in PD. Score: F. ? CD-32 A1200 4000 030 $ 1499 $ 2099 CDNS ¦ 68ECQ30 Cpu 0 25 Mhz ¦ Math Chip Optional ¦ 2 MB Chip RAM ' IDE Hard Drive Controller ¦ 1.76 MB Floppy Drive 4000 040LC $ 1799 $ 2499 CDN$ 68LC040 Cpu 0 25 Mhz ' Math Chip Optional ¦ 2 MB Chip RAM IDE Hard Drive Controller ¦ 1.76 MB Floppy Drive 4000 040 $ 1999 S2769CDNS ¦esotocpu @25 Mhz ¦ Math Chip built-in 2 MB Chip RAM ¦ IDE Hard Drive Controller ¦1.76 MB Floppy Drive 4000 Tower $ 2499 S3449 CDNS ¦ 68040 Cpu ©25 Mhz ¦ Math Chip built-in ¦2MB Chip RAM ¦ SCSI A IDE Drive Controller ¦ 1.76 MB Floppy Drive CaU for Availability! Call for Availability! Limited Supplies! Back in Stock! Supplies Limited! Back in Stock! L The details of the Commodore buy-out were not finalised when this ad was printed, however all indications are that this change of direction will put the Amiga in it’s strongest position ever! We are very excited about the future of the Amiga and are continuing to offer the best possible prices, guaranteed! 4000 040 $ 2349 S3 299 CDNS
- 68040 Cpu 0 25 Mhz
- 6 MB RAM
- 210 MB Hand Drive CD-32 4000 Tower $ 3099 S4299 CDNS ¦ 68040Cpu@25 Mhz 6 MB RAM ¦ 540 MB SCSI Hard Drive A1200 HD $ 579 $ 799 CDNS ¦ 6 SEC020 Cpu 0 14 Mhz ¦2MB Chip RAM ¦ 120 MB Internal IDE Drive 4000 030 $ 1699 $ 2379 CDNS ¦ 6SEC030 Cpu 0 25 Mhz 4 MB RAM 120 MB IDE Hard Drive 4000 040LC $ 2149 $ 2999 CDNS
- 68LC040 Cpu 0 25 Mhz
- 6 MB RAM
- 210 MB Hard Drive Call for Availability! Limited Supplies! Limited Supplies! Supplies Limited! Supplies Limited! Limited Supplies! Toaster @ 40Mhz
- Amiga 4000 Computer
- 68040 Card @ 40 Mhz
- 14 MB RAM
- 420 FAST Hard Drive
- Video Toaster 3.1 Card $ 5,499 $ 7,599 CDNS (Best Toaster Starter Ever!) Amiga 1200 HD
- Amiga 1200 Computer
- 68020 CPU @ 14 Mhz
- 2MB RAM
- 210 MB Internal Hard Drive
- All Cables & Connectors Amiga 1200 030
- Amiga 1200 Computer
- 68030 CPU @ 40 Mhz
- 6MB RAM
- 210 MB Internal Hard Drive
- All Cables &. Connectors $ 1,299 $ 1,799 CDNS (Yes, we actually have 1200*8) Amiga 4000 50Mhz
- Amiga 4000 Computer
- 68030 CPU @ 25 Mhz
- 68882 FPU @ 50 Mhz
- 6 MB RAM
- 340 MB Hard Drive $ 1,999 $ 2,799 CDNS (High Speed Rendering!) Amiga 4000 40Mhz
- Amiga 4000 Computer
- 68040 CPU FPU @ 40 Mhz
- 8 MB RAM
- 210 MB Hard Drive
- Ideal LightWave Platform $ 2,999 $ 4,099 CDNS (Fastest Amiga Ever!) $ 699 S969CDNS (Yes, we actually have 1200’s) Mitsumi 2X Speed CD
- Tandem Controller
- Grolliera Encyclopedia
- Cable* & Software $ 229 S3 i 9 CDNS Deluxe Paint 45 (AGA)
- AGA Support (HAMS)
- Animation & Morphing
- THE Amiga Standard! $ 69 SM CDNS WordsWorth WordPro
- WYSIWYG on Screen
- Beat WordPro Available
- With Spell Chocker $ 59 $ 79 CDNS Great Games, $ 9 Each
- Chaos Engine, Zool, SpdlBound. Body Blows, Dispostble Hero, Nick Faldo G $ 9 ea $ 13 CDNS 5If7 Deluxe Kit 2 (all 3!)
- MaxiFlan (Spreadsheet)
- Potts of Call (Game)
- Zany Golf (Game) $ 39 $ 55 CDNS 14,400 Baud Modem
- Send Sc Receive FAX
- Compatible with GP-FAX $ 119 $ 165 CDNS Final Copy II (AGA)
- WYSIWYG on Screen
- Laser Quality Printing
- 100,000 word Spell Chocker $ 39 $ 55 CDNS Deluxe Kit 1 (all 3!)
- KindWord* (WordPro)
- DeluxePaint (Painting)
- Ports of CaU (Game) $ 49 S69CDNS Great Games, S9 Each
- Pinball Fantasies, Soccer Kid, Syndicate. Donk. Krusty's Fur House, Beast Lord, Trolls, Moi $ 9 ea SI 3 CDNS rph Deluxe Kit 3 (all 5!)
- KindWords, Fusion Paint
- Indiana Jones, F40 Pursuit
- FA 18 Interceptor $ 39 $ 55 CDNS Electrohome 1440
- Color Mu It iSync Monitor
- 15-40Khz, .28mm dot Pitch
- Developed here in Canada! $ 449 $ 629 CDNS Commodore 2024
- 1024 X 800 Non-Interlaced
- Regular Price ii over $ 800!
- Perfect for Desktop Publi*hii $ 189 $ 259 CDNS g CD-ROM Sale (all 4!)
- Grolliera Encyclopedia
- World Vixta At la*
- Digger* Sc Lemming* $ 69 S95CDNS Game Pack 2 (all 6!)
- Ultimate Golf, Gunship, Toyota Celica GT, SWIV Guzzn II, Test Drive ILDuel $ 25 $ 35 CDNS A1200 RAM Board
- 1,2,4 or 8 MB of RAM
- Math Chip Socket
- Clock & Calendar with Battery $ 79 $ 109 CDNS Vlab-Motion Card
- Digital Non-Linear Editing
- Real Time Digitizer
- Animations Sc Movie* $ 1499 J2079CDNS PAR Animation Card
- 60 FPS Animation
- True 24-bit output
- with 500MB Hard Drive $ 1999 E2769CDNS Video Toaster 3.1
- Digital Video Effect*
- LightWave, ToaaterPaint $ 1799 _S2769CDNS
- with the purchaae of any 4000 Sy*em Image FX 1.5
- Image Manipulation
- Painting Program Included $ 209 CDNS
- Control!* Scanner* & 24-bit Card* Clock & Caktdar with Battery We have thfl miBM Amiga, ASDG, Alfa Dal «r Axiom Software, Beat Data Product*, CSA, Digital Creation*, Digital Proceaaing System*. DKB, Electronic Art*. Expanaion Syatenu, Expert Synlenm, Fargo, Epacn, GruDicr*, GVP, Gold Diak, Hoifncr, Hewlett Packard, IDEK, Interworks, Iomega, MacroSyvtema, Maxtor, Microbotica, Micropoli*, Migraph, Moonlighter, NEC, NewTek, Prkuera, Prime Image, Paygaoaia, Quantum, ReadySori, Rombo, SaniMtng, Sanyo, Seagate, So ft logic, Softwood, Star, SuaRize, Supra, Syqueat, US Robotic*. Ulililiea Unlimited, Warm A Fuzzy Logie, & Many, Many Morel Call ua with your beat price yeti Shipping ft Handling Software. Peripheral* & Accca*oria» 0-2Clbi St. 00 lb Owrt 20Q» add ,504b Ctianuitfn & Mmitnri j CD-32 or A1200 $ 19 A4000 w 4000T $ 39 M ocut of $ 39 Nril Thy A Snmnil f)iy Air mi'jmt miihhh
(306) 953-8961 9:30 - 6:00 Mon-Sat (Central Time) Info: (306) 764-2888 Fax: (306) 764-0088 BBS: (306) 764-OOSS (7 Line*) Best Price... Guaranteed! ThaC ur 6m irtagr uka for puuai ma rmt & fac USA Uul ttkZuJe *11 *cpiti il Jacrainj, doiv, btplflOBmc, cuknu diuux **wl fto doer ddiwy. Dtkvny tw* Mr na puaved By ddiit, on;« iaHiu>» *!» wrett far $ 100 UK LTF*T«lBXfM.a wd sot ¦ ooeft okim. Kw duKfrfn vOk. Mpmi&amaj .AVu l «yru. ClBMriediKi fZ Medium print, ; V M E P K E S E R V E This is • ¦ ¦ MADNeSS! REDMOND CABLE EAST COAST WEST COAST 615-478-5760 206-882-2009 t® fax 615-472-3647 fax 206-883-1430 The trouble with the blame-it-on-Sonv theory is that it r * doesn’t account for the inconsistency in quality that has increasingly infected Psygnosis’ releases over recent years. Most games up to and including Shadow ol the Beast III, Lemmings II, and Hired Guns arrived with an almost classical sense of progression an impression of being on a trip to someplace really splendid. Every step Psygnosis took was a benchmark, even' footprint rimmed in gold. But market forces being what they are, Psygnosis’ agenda has increasingly slipped in recent years toward the IBM and the consoles. Its Amiga games over this period have been plentiful and not hall bad (until this current crop of (ilm- based mutants), but they’ve become increasingly trivial, and that mission-like sense of continuity has vanished, Psygnosis seems to have turned into a sort of Amiga smorgasbord, sampling the wares ol diis developer and that developer in one-oil ventures. Tasteful one-off ventures, to be sure, but in the overall picture, Psygnosis is not pushing progress so much as product. Innocent Until Caught Consider Innocent Until Caught, which has finally made its way from the IBM to the Amiga. You mav recall mv characterization a few issues back of Virgin’s Beneath a Steel Sky as having a sense of weight. Well, this conversion of Psygnosis’ first animated adventure is a comparative lightweight. Despite a similarly dark tale you’re a professional thief who must pay his tax bill or die and an attempt at a ANALOG • VGA • RGB SWITCH BOXES • IBM DCTV • S-VHS • FLICKERFIXER • TOASTER DEC • HP. • APPLE • AMIGA • ATARI • COAX MULTISYNC • CUSTOM • GAME CABLES WE HAVE THE CABLES YOU NEED - MONITORS PRINTERS PLO TTERS MODEMS NEW!! SEGA STEREO AUDIO VIDEO CABLES similarly devil-may-care point of view, this 10-disker is primarily an exercise in cheesiness. That's due in part to the story, which has you skulking about in brothels, bars, backs alleys, subways, dingy pawnshops, and assorted other damp rocks. Unfortunately, it’s also in the presentation. It’s in the cartoon bubbles in which all text appears (and which make everything that transpires therein feel insubstantial). It’s in the way the pointer never behaves quite as you want it to. It’s in the crashes that occur when you don’t run bind drivers first. It’s in the serviceable but somewhat bloodless graphics that seemingly regardless of the mode in which IUC is booted eventually begin to deteriorate into ever-larger black blotches. It’s in the time-wasting manual. And it’s in the frantically "humorous” text waving its hands J u and stamping its feet at us like a hyperactive child with a story to tell. Innocent gels an audience on the strength of its strong bloodline, but proves to have little to say and little art in saying it. Verdict: Guilty. Score: C-. Puggs v Or consider Puggsy. Which has been waiting in the wings even longer than Dracttla. It was initially slated for release on the Amiga in 1991, but was diverted to the consoles instead, so many of you have probably long since mentally consigned this arcade game based on the famous .Amiga demo Puggs in Space to the same plain of oblivion inhabited by Planet- side, Cuti-Poo, and the Lemmings Construction Kit. Usually, a game lost for so long stays lost, and this one probably should have, as it’s now somewhat out of date. Back then, Psygnosis was highlighting one particular feature: Puggsy’s in-game objects would have real-world properties (you could stack barrels, but you couldn't stack balls). They still do, bur it’s no longer the draw it might have been, as Puggsy is now just one of a horde of arcade games with useable objects and not a particularly well-drawn one at that. Score: C. The Silver Lining This is not to say there isn’t good stuff, too, but it’s in the minority. Perihelion (reviewed in September) is a weird but c lever RPG, and Second Samurai is a grand arcade adventure. Wiz ’N’ Liz is an utterly charming arcade romp with tiny characters, delightfully zippy speed, and a guileless premise (collecting bunnies and spell recipes) that’s a joy to play, even if you don't know quite what you’re doing. Score: B + . Globdule is an improvement on Bubble Bobble, with creditable obstacles, open architecture and a sticky lavender blob doing the fruit-grabbing. (He wants to be a toy. Long story.) Score: B-. And Brian the Lion, from Reflections (the outfit that did the Beast games), is a classic pure-arcade followup to those dark adventures; it slyly and seamlessly integrates all sorts of console-like tricks in a brilliant Amiga setting. Score: BA. Coming Attractions Nor is it likely that we’ve seen the last of the good stuff Psygnosis lias to offer. Nova Storm for CD32 (a re-titled Scavenger 1) should bring Microcosm technology forward another step. The impending Operation G2, from the designers of Obitus. Finds Psygnosis in Space Hulk territory. And despite DMA Design’s decision to drop Amiga work, we may even see Lemmings 3. But, what I wouldn't give to have the old Psygnosis back, ¦ TO LOCATE VENDORS OF THE GAMES REVIEWED, SEE THE "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 60. 5S A'ovembi't I99J 400% INCREASE IN SPEED ON AN AMIGA 4000 68040 25MHZ! MACRO SYSTEMS MAKES IT POSSIBLE WITH THE WARP ENGINE!
* FREE 2 DAY DELIVERY ON CSA & MICROBOTICS PRODUCTS TO THE 48 STATES' *N0 SALES TAX IN DELAWARE' Advanced Systems & Software CYBERSTORM 4000 Accelerator
- comes with "carrier” board with ability to upgrade to 68060!
- Memory module board come with four STTnm sockets; mix & match CALL
849. 00 Optional Cominunication Module ;
- Built in "FASTLANE” SCSI H Fhst controller card (up to lOmb sec)
- Ethernet controller for networking
- Two extra high speed serial ports Communication module 395W i CSA 12 Gauge Accelerators 33Mhz w MMU & SCSI Board 399 w 4MB 80-70NS Ram 549 33Mhz wIMMU & FPU & SCSI 499 w 4MB 80-70NS Ram 649 50Mhz wIMMU & SCSI Board 499 w 4MB 60NS Ram 675 50Mhz wIMMU & FPU & SCSI 599 w 4MB 60NS Ram 775
2. 5" SX-1 A1200 A600 Hard Drives SG9051A 40MB Seagate 139 SG9077A 65MB Seagate 159 SG9096A 85MB Sgate Max 199 SG9145AG 127.9MB Seagate 249 M25252A 250MB Maxtor 349 SYQUEST UNMATCHED PRICESl VXL30-33 2MB
5. 25" HH 44MB DRIVE (SQ555) 199
5. 25" HH 88MB (SQ5110C) (R&W44) 265
3. 5" LP 105MB IDE & SCSI 259
5. 25" HH 200MB (SQ5200) (R&W 44&88) 399
3. 5" LP 270MB SCSI (SQ3270S) 13MS 399 5,25" 44MB Cartriges 65
5. 25" 88MB Cartriges 99 3,5" 105MB Cartriges -59
5. 25 200MB & 3.5" 270MB Cartriees 99 External Versions w Cabling Ada 99 M1230XA W SCSI+ PARAVISION 1230XA 50MHZ w MMU 299 1230XA 40MHZ wMMU 275 1230XA 40EC No MMU 199 1230XA 33 wMMU & FPU 249 MBX1200Z w 20Mhz FPU 125 MBX1200Z w 20Mhz&4MB 299 MBX1200Z w 20Mhz&8MB 399 8-Up! Ramboard w OMB 99 8-Up! Ramboard w 2MB 149 8-Up! Ramboard w 4MB 8-Up! Ramboard w 6MB 8-Up! Ramboard w 8MB VXL*30 68030 25Mhz VXL"30 68030 33Mhz VXL*30 68030 40Mhz VXL*30 68030 SOMhz VXL32 W 2MB 32Bit Ram VXL32 W 8MB 32Bit Ram 995 995 595 145 295 345 595 CALL 39 29 239 89 119 499 599 89 CALL 229 309 389 149 199 229 249 225 725 Micro R&D 2000 Bigfool Power Supply 159 1200 600 500 Bigfoot 89 Slingshot A500 (lA200QSIot) 39 Slingshot Pro A500 69 X-CaJibur A4000 Ram Unit 649 A4000 68040 or 68030 CALL A1200 Computer w HD CALL 1962 Monitor NEW 499
* 1084S Monitor 349
* 1950 60 Monitor 399 A520 Video Adapter 49 A20S8 XT Bridgecard 69 A2286 AT Bridgecard 299 2 MB Ram For 2091 96 Janus 2.1 Update 49 A2 3000 Disk Drives 79 A500 Int. Disk Drives 49 A2 3 4000 High Density 149 A2 3 4000 Keyboards 79 A2 3000 Power Supply 109 Replacement Mouse 29 External High Density 169
2. 05 Kickstarl Rom 39.95
2. 04 Kickstarl Rom 39.95
1. 3 Kickstarl Rom 22.95 1MB Agnus (8372A) 37.50 2MB Agnus (8372B) 99.95 Super Denise (8373) 28.95 Paula (8364) Or Denise 19.95 CIA (8520} 8.50 Gary (5719) 19.95 2620 2630 Upgrade Kit 49 2091 Upgrade Eproms 7.+ 49 Superbuster (-11) (4091) 99 Ramsey (A3000) 99 Fat Gary (A3000) 99 Super Dmac (A3000) 99 Amber (A3000 & 2320) 99 2320 Flicker Fixer (2 4000) 299 DPS Personal TBC III 699 DPS Personal TBC IV 799 DPS PAR w Software 1549 SEAGATE SG3655A 299 DPS Personal Component 399 DPS Personal V Scope 729 Kitchen Sync 1199 Final Copy II 59.95 Final Writer 89.95 Magic Lantern 24 Bit 74.95 Sparks 74.95 Opal Vision 2.0 395 DCTV-NTSC 274 Montage 299 Deluxe Paint IV AGA 119 Morph Plus 139 Art Department Pro 2.5 139 Scala 3.0 289 Caligari 24 139 Aladdin 4 D 249 Video Toaster 3.1 Upgrade 499 Video Toaster 4000 3.1 1995 Picaso W 1MB-2MB 439 495 AD516 Digitizer (16bit) 1189 Amiga 600HD W 40MB HD SETUP & SOFTWARE PACK Only $ 499 Amiga Dos 2.1 Software Kit 79 Amiga Dos 2.1 Kit 99 Amiga Dos 3.1 Kit 149 ( Specify the machine you own ) AUDIO VIDEO NOAHJI AMIGA VLAB MOTION SYSTEM 1699 Retina Z2 w 4MB Ram 495 Retina Z3 w 4MB Ram 685 Toccata 449 Vlab Y C Int Ext 424 524 Vlab Comp Int Ext 379 479 Baseboard 501C w 1 MB 69 DatafIyer 12 600 XDS 69 W 425MB Hard Drive 325 w 1080MB Hard Drive 699 Dataflyer Ram w 2mb 199 500 SCSI or IDE 149 1000 SCSI or IDE 149 2000 SCSI or IDE 95 500 SCSI&IDE 179 1000 SCSI&IDE 199 2000 SCSI&IDE 125 AdlDE 40MB HD System w 2-5M Drive (500 2000) 269 AdlDE 130MB HD System w 2.5" Drive (500 2000) 399 Flicker Free Video II 249 ADRAM540 W 4MB (A500) 275 2632 wMMegabytes 349 MegAChip W 2MB Agnus 1S9 Multi-Start 2 Rev 6A 29 KwikStart II (AIOOO) 69 1202 FPU 4 Ram w 1 MB 4 Clk 159 3128 A3000 4000 Ram W 4MB 395 Provides A SCSI Pori w pass- thru for internal IDE 2.5" drives 1200 SCSI+ w No HD 99.00 1200 SCSI+ w HD’s CALL smun sizes. 68060 ©50MHZ 68040 ©40MHZ 68040 © 33MHZ 68040 ©28MHZ DATAFLYER 1200 SCSI* EXPANSION SYSTEMS DKB Accelerator forthe Amiga 1200 with SCSI Controller at 50Mhz with four megs ot 60ns ram - 54900 V _> Only S399 | CSA MAGNUM 68040RC33 1199 MAGNUM 68Q40RC28 999 DERRINGER 25 25 1MB 399 DERRINGER 25 25 4MB 499 DERRINGER 33 00 4MB 499 DERRINGER 33 33 4MB 575 DERRINGER 50 00 4MB 549 DERRINGER 50 00 8MB 699 Rocket Launcher 50 50 499 | GVP Macro Systems =UMfcW tttGAUt 6X040 - 28Mil , wlo CPU 740 68040 - 33 Mil w CTU 1000 68040 - 40Mhz w CTU 1200
- Conies with SCSI II Controller
- Expandable To 128MB will Pin Industry Standard Simms
- 16MB Simms $ 509.00 60ns
- 32MB Simms $ 009.00 60ns
- Upgrade kits available for owners with original A4000-040 hoard.
- Free second day shipping to the 48 states.
• Special Combo Deal Get the VXL30 at 33Mhz with the Memory Management Unit (MMU) plus you get the VXL32 ramboard with 2MB of 32bit fast ram!
• Upgradable to 40>50Mhz by simply replacing the CPU chip and the crystal oscillator! No need to send back the board for expensive rework or trade the board in to lose a bundle of money!
- Included ramboard has a built in kickstart socket to allow remapping of rom into 32bit ram for even faster operations, and allows use of an extra kickstart rom Gforce 040-40 Mhz w 4MB Gforce 040-33Mhz W 4MB Gforce 030-40Mhz wMMB A4Q0B-HC8+0MB Glock Genlock EGS Spectrum w 2MB TBC* w oSMPTE CODE A500+ Or S30Turbo FaaaslROM Kit Cinemorph Software Phonepak VFX 2.0 DSS6+ Sound Sampler I O Extender A1230 40-00-4+DPP-ll A1230 50-00-4+DPP-ll A1291 SCSI II Controller GVP SIMM 32‘s Krn k MS COS 5.0 Just 299.00 QUANTUM LOW PROFILES - Warranty 42 ELS SCSI 2 Yr» 99 85 ELS SCSI 14 11 2Yr* 149 170 ELS SCSI I 4 II 2 Yrs 179 270 ELS SCSI I 4 II 2 Yrs 219 340 ELS SCSII 4 II 2 Yrs 249 540 LPS SCSI I 4 II 2 Yrs 299 1080 Empire 0.5MS 5 Yrs 649 1225 SCSI 1411 5 Yrs 749 1400 Emplrs 9.5MS 5 Yrs 699 2100 Empire 9.5MS 5 Yrs 1199 MICROPOLIS 2210A 1.20 IDE 10MS 699 2210S A V 1.2G SCSI 14II10MS 793 2217S A V 1.7G SCSI I4II10MS 1099 2217A 1.70 IDE 10MS 999 2217S 1.70 SCSII4II10MS 999 4110S 1.20 SCSI I4II 8.5MS 649 4110A 1.2G IDE Low Profile 649 1936 3jOG SCSI I4II 1999 1901 BjOG SCSI I&ll 3995 MAXTOR 120 LPS SCSI IDE 175 540 Low Profile SCSI IDE 349 hi it-iinmuiiui 68040-40 w MMU&FPU 399.00 68040-33 w MMU&FPU 299.00 68040-25 w MMU&FPU 199.00 68040-EC25 149.00 68030-RC-50 w MMU 139.00 68030- RC-40 w MMU 119.00 68030-EC40 (NO MMU) 99.00 68030-RC-33 w MMU 99.00 68030-RC-25 w MMU 75.00 68030-EC-25 (NO MMU) 50.00 68882-RC-PGA-50 FPU 119.00 688 82- RC-PGA-40 FPU 109.00 68882-RC-PGA-33 FPU 89.00 68882-RC-PGA-25 FPU 75.00 68881-RC-PGA-25FPU 45,00 68882-FN-PLCC 40 FPU 135.00 68882-FN-PLCC 33 FPU 89.00 68882-FN-PLCC 25 FPU 75.00 68881-FN-PLCC 25 FPU 45.00 68881 -FN-PLCC 16 ITU 35.00 803 87-25SX (3 86BB) FPU 69.95 Crystal Oscillators 10.00 All Speeds Available 1x8 120-60ns SIMMS 39+ 4x8 120-60ns SIMMS 139+ 1x4 100-60ns Static ZIP 19+ 1x4 100-60ns Page ZIP 19+ 1x4 100-60ns Page DIP 39+ 1x1 120-60ns DIP 5+ 256X4 120-60ns DIP 5+ 256X4 120-60ns ZIP 5+ 256x32 = 1MB Simm 72P) 39+ 512x32 (2MB Simm 72P) 85+ 1x32 Simms (4MB) 149+ 2x32 Simms (8MB) 299+ 4x32 Simms (16MB) 599+ 8x32 Simms (32MB) 1099+ PCMCIA Ram Card 2M 119+ PCMCIA Ram Card 4M 229+ GVPTBC+FRAM 199+ Ram Changes For Better Or Worse Please Call 1st Western Digital 3 YEAR WARRANTY Work In A4000 & 1200 & 600 210MB Low Profile 11 MS 195 250MB Low Profile 11 MS 210 340MB Low Profile 13MS 225 425MB Low Profile 13MS 249 540MB Low Profile 11 MS 299 730MB Low Profile 10MS 499 1030MB Low Prolife 10MS 645 All WO Drives Are IDE LP1 Tl s&lTl s (Math Co Fhmfsnwl
3. 5" HARD DRIVES MEMORY CHIPS L 25 South Old Baltimore Pike Laf ayette Bldg. Suite 202 Newark, DE. 19702
(302) 738-9046 ORDERS ONLY
(302) 738-9267 PRODUCT Info Tech
(302) 738-9259 Fax 24 HOURS Please Understand Our Policies r DISCOVER VISA MASTER Card Accepted. Prices and specifications are subject to chun&e without notice! 15% restocking fee on all refunds. Defective merchandise will he replaced with same item only Call 302.778.9267 for approval RMA before returning merchandise No returns will be accepted without RMAtf. NO RETURNS AFTER 10 DAYS! We arc nol responsible Tor Incompatibility of products Shipping & handling is non-rcfundable. S&II for chips is S5 COD Fee S6 Personal checks require 10 working days to clear. Call for actual shipping prices on all other items. Ram Prices Change Dally Manufacturers’ Distributors’ Addresses Applied Magic Creative Equipment Int. Focus GbR Mr. 1 lardware Renegade 1240 Ac tivity Dr.. Suite D 5555 Y. Flagler Si. 20 River Rtl.. Suite 9K 59 Storey Ave. Cl Metropolitan Wharf Vista, CA 92083 Miami. FL 33134 New York. NY 10044 Central Islip, NY II722 Wapping Wall 619 599-2626 305 2(56-2800 212 826-1240 516 234-8110 London LI OSS England Axiom Software DeskStalion Technology GPSoft NewTek 71-481-9214 1668 Hast Cliff Rd. 13256 W. 98th St. 21 Aloomba Rd. 1200 Executive Drive Burnsville, MN 55337 Lenexa, KS (56215 Ashgrove Topeka. KS 66615 Sierra On-line 612 89-1-0596 800 793-3375 Q1.D 4060 800 843-8934 PC) Box 485 Australia Coarsegold, CA 93644 Belter Concepts DevWare 73-661402 Nova Designs 800 326-6654 22 N. Main St,. Suite 393 12520 Kirkham Ct.. Sic. 1 1910 Byrd Ave. New City, New York 10956 Powav. CA 92064 Great Valley Products Richmond VA 23230 Silicon Prarie Software 800 25-AMIGA 619 679-2825 657 Clark Ave. 804 282-5868 4771 148th Ave. NE, King of Prussia, PA 19406 Suite N202 Bit head Technologies dissidents 215 337-8770 Power Play Europe Bellevue. WA 98007 8085 North Raleigh Place 10325 Woods Rd. Slackcote Lane 206 556-0618 Westminister. C() 80030 Utica, NY 13502 Impulse Delph. Oldham 303 427-9521 315 797-0343 8416 Xerxes Ave. N. I-ancashire 013 5TW Svndesis Brooklyn Park. MN 55444 England PC) Box 65 C-Born Software Sy stems 4 DKB 612 425-0557 45-787-6705 Jefferson, WI 53549 59 West Fyans St. 29318 Loric Lane 414 674-5200 Geelong 3220 Wixom. Ml 48393 INOVAt tunics Psvgnosis Victoria 810 348-3821 8499 Greenville Ave., 675 Massachusetts Ave. Team 17 Australia Suite 209 B Cambridge. MA 02139 Marwood House, 52-786530 Llastic Reality Dallas, TX 75231 617 497-5457 Carden St., Wakefield 925 Stewart St. 214 340-4991
W. Yorkshire WF1 11)X Cl) Solutions Madison, WI 53713 RcadySoft England 2551 San Ramon 608 273-6585 Intangible Assets 3375 14th Ave., Units 7 & 8 92-429-1867 Valiev Blvd.. Suite 214 828 Ormond Ave. Markham San Ramon CA 94583 Lxpert Services Drexel Mill. PA 19026 Ontario I.3R 0H2 21st Century 510 820-5400 7559 Mall Rd. 61-853-3733 Canada PO Box 415 Florence, KY4HI42 905 475-4801 Webster. NY 14580 Creative Computers 606 371-9690 MicroPace 716 872-1200 2645 Maricopa St. 109 South Duncan Rd. Torrance, CA 90503 Fair Brothers Champaign, IL 61821 Utilities Unlimited 310 787-4520 5054 S. 22nd St. 217 356-1884 3625 Brave Drive Arlington. VA 22206 lake Havasu. AZ 86406 703 820-1954 602 680-9004 USED AMIGA HARDWARE COPPERHEAD TECHNOLOGIES: The 1 dealer in quality pre-owned AMIGA hardware! Looking for a fast & easy way to sell your Amiga computer or accessories? Give us a call..* BEST PRICES PAIDI Want to buy quality computers & hardware without paying ‘NEW prices? Give us a call.,. WE CAN'T BE BEATI Interested in doing a trade? Give us a call,,. We're willing to make a deal! We buy sell & trade the complete line of Amiga computers and accessories, from the A1000 to A4000. Call for all Amiga needsl ACCESSORIES WE CARRY A COMPLETE LINE OF NEW AMIGA REPLACEMENT CHIPS COMPUTERS A 500 Starting at $ 145 A 600 Starting at $ 200 Al000 Starting at $ 05 A1200 Starting at $ 425 A2000 Starting at $ 400 A3000 Starting at $ 850 A4000 Starting at $ 1000 Audio Samplers, Video Cards, SCSI Controllers, Emulators, Monitors, 1084,1950,1960, Sridgeboards, Floppy Prives, Ram Cards, Toasters, T&C's, Modems, Accelerators, Hard Prives, and More! CALL FOR CURRENT PRICES AND AVAILABILITY) We also carry a complete line of New Amiga and CP32 systems available for sale or trade. RickStart v 1.2 $ 6 RickStart vl.3 $ 12 RickStart v2.04 $ 25 RickStart v2.05 $ 25 Agnus 8570 $ 13 Agnus 8372A $ 50 CIA 8520 $ 0 68000 CPU $ 9 A3000 2.04 ROMS $ 55 A300G Floppy $ 45 Gary 5719 $ 13 Penise 8562 $ 12
S. Penise 0375 $ 25 Paula 8564 $ 12 0U5ter 572l $ 16 Amiga Mouse $ 25 O 2620 2630 upgrade ROM Rit $ 35 A2000 Floppy $ 42 A500 Floppy $ 38 COPPERHEAD TECHNOLOGIES INC. A ? 106 JAY ST. SCHENECTADY NY 12305 SALES 518-346-3894 FAX 518-370-3416 BBS 518-346-7532
* 30 DAY WARRANTY ON ALL USED EOUIPMENT * QUICK CASH FOR YOUR HARDWARE * 6(I Navniibrr W InfoMarket Better Concepts, Inc. Most Be MAD! All Amiga Since 1985 CD32 TITLES AMIGA CD ROMS Title Price Title Price Amos PD CD 29.95 Demo CD 1 19.95 Network CD 19.95 Demo CD II Cable For Above 29.95 FreshFlsh New! ItbSSS?1*0 SSSi-iooo AmlnetU * 10195 StSo Pokerfcdtv) 24 95 Aminet III 14.95 SqqS. Sexual Fantasle 39.95 Sheer Delight 39.95 EuroScene iA w CALL FOR MOKEl Poravlslon SXL on For 32 w Gold Title Hdmdan 2 Bubba 6c Sllx Wild Cud Soccer James Pond 111 AhenBeed Qwak Disposable Hero Frontier Elite 2 Legacy Of Sorasll Price Title Price $ 29 Gun ship 2000 29 lobal Effect Global Effect 27 Brutal Sprt Ftbll 27 Video Creator $ Call CD32 Football Insight: Dinar 32 Dangrs Streets 32 Ultm BodyBkwg 27 27 29 27 32
19. 95 L5?EW1 CD Rom drive for A1200I Plays CD32 tttlesl 29 40 28 29 34 29 29
39. 95 ImposslblcMlsslon 32 Microcosm Lotus Trilogy inthlxme 31 SummerOlmpx 25 Fury of Furrtes 32 That's Gomes 1 28 That's Games II 27 Gam es&Goodl es 29 Strip Poker 29 Sexual Fantasies 30 Sheer Delight 29 Call For 17 More! 19:95 OJTY TITLES 19,95Antmols In Motion 10
19. 95 Women In Motion 10
29. 95 Eyes Of The Eagle 10
29. 95 Psycho Killer 10 24-95 HoundsBaskervHle 10 }9-9g TownWlthNoName 10 Toon CoverGlrlStrtpPoker 25 = g‘jg CALL FOR MORElIl 1CALL FOR ANY AMIGA PRODUCT! The Complete Business Program for Videographers Now Shipping V2.5 Point of Sale, Accounting & Inventory Control Now Shipping V3.0 That's Games I That's Games II Gam esN Goodies Clipart & Fonts Music MOD CD GIFS Galore CD CD PD I CD PD II CD PD III cp-pp.iy_ Labyrl SprMethancBroe liberation Banshee Universe Chaos Engine Fire 6c Ice Pirate’s Gold Emerald Mines $ 4 Titles Covert Action F-15 II Flames Of Freedom Greens Knights of the Sky Millenium $ 7 Titles Sleeping Gods Lie War In The Gulf Combat ClaaslcaT KF-15 II, Team Yankee & 688 Attack Sub)
18. 95 Combat Classics 11 (F-19 Stealth, Pacific!alanda 6c Silent Service U)
20. 9 5_ We also have a full & tremendous Software Library including gomes, utilities, adult entertainment, music, gfz 6c so much morel Get Our Catalog Nowlin Commercial' 1 Software) $ 3 Tttlcs Amazing SplderMan Keys To Maramon Dr Dooms Revenge Twilight's Ransomc Call Today for your Free Demol 516-234-8110 or download a demo from
A. M.U.G. BBS 516-234-6046 Order Your PERSONAL PHOTO MOUSE PAD
* Now Shipping Version 1.2 *
• Super Easy, Point & Click Environment
• Converts Imafljs To And From IFF, CHF. JPEX}, PCX. 84 Brt Sc More!
• Many Configurable Image Output Options
• Resizing. Precise Scaling, Color Correction. Batch Processing Plus So Much Mere! ' 68080 or higher recommended. List Price $ 5995 Special Intro Price $ 39.96 Unique! Like No Of rer We will transfer your favorite photo or graphics. In full color onto a quality mouse pad. Send us your original 2i 2 x 3i 2 to 81 2 x 11 size. Some cropping will usually be necessary to fill the 8 x [ 9i 2‘ mouse pad format. If sending 1 black k white graphics, designate . Black, red, green or blue printing on white background. Send check, M.O.. VISA MC DISC. (n imc, , exp. Cfare; PARAMOUNT PHOTO 2713 N. Monroe Si. Spokane, WA 99205-3356
(509) 328-7170 Ey DarkSoflWare Multiple Platform Graphics Conversion &. Processing Add also carry the largest PD library! See our previous ads or call write for free catalog or send $ 3 for te •«;« catalog, disk catalog « sample disk! Or shop the competitions ad 6r we’ll sell you the same for less! 5 nun. Can for anything! Also sec our ads in Amazing Amiga 6c Amiga Game Zone magazines! Call Now To Order! Nr l-WO'lsAimga Bhi Better Concepts, Inc.--. hm . 10 Mandon Terrace mm 1 New City, NY 10950 mm a H14439-S095 l'9l4'tt4-7097 Fax $ 995 ONLY 4 each or more S795 plus S3°° shipping and handling for total order A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT! LIQUIDATIONS & BARGAINS TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT In the Infomarket Section, Call Heather Guinard 1-800-441-4403 or 603-924-0313 If you think you can't afford quality com- SQFTUJ HR E niercial software... think again! Although we carry the top 100 software hits and a full line of accessories for your AMIGA, we specialize in closeouts and liquidations. Let us do the bargain hunting for you! Find out why thousands of computer users choose us as their one stop supplier. We publish one of the best catalogs in the industry. Call or write for your free copy! Software Support Int. 2700 N.E. Andresen Rd. Suite A-10 Vancouver Wa 98661
(206) 695-1393 AMIGA - C64 12H - IBM siipponf CALL TOLL FREE TODAY! 1-800-3 56-1179 iMajor Credit Cards Accepted. KASARA MICRO SYSTEMS 1-800-248-2983 . 803-681-5515 COMPETITIVE SAVE MONEY REDUCE COSTS ou will need for your Commodore product requirements. We ORIZED source for more than a DECADE of quality service. Prices on NEW or USED CPUs & accessories, upgrades. Replacement parts & assemblies with our EXCHANGE programs, repair maintenance services and stock-to-one-week delivery with our MONTHLY SPECIALS, 90 day warranty on parts repairs & quantity discounts Weekday Hours 9:00 am-6:0Q pm EST ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION 4x5 COLOR TRANSPARENCIES and 35mm COLOR SLIDES from COLOR POSTSCRIPT • 24-BIT IFF • HAM • Standard IFF Over 4000-line Resolution * NO Scanlines • NO Curvature Distortion • Brilliant Color Call or Write for order lorm. Price i$ t & sample: HAMMOND PHOTOGRAPHIC SERVICES
(602) 949-6066 4301 N. 75lh Street, Suite 101-B Scottsdale, Arizona 85251 InfoMarket VisionSoft
P. O. Box 4398. Carmel, CA 93921 U.S.A. TRANSDATA SYSTEMS m "Your One Stop Amiga Store" (Authorized Commodore Amiga Dealer) Price Price Orders Oniv: 800-735-2633 Info & Tech: 408-899-2040 Fax: 408-899-8760 BBS: 408-625-6580 We will ship anywhere in the world. We carry a large selection of hardware and software for Commodore Amiga. Please call for the new release PO Box 1429, Sun Valley, CA 91352 Tel: 714-630-1831, FAX: 714-630-5619 Warp Engine 2x32-60ns * *„ .Call Warp Engine 4x32-60ns Call Excalibur 4x32-60ns Call l 4-70ns Static Column Zip 24 lx4-80ns Static Column Zip 23 lx4-60ns Page Zip 23 lx4-80ns Page Zip .22 lx8-70ns Simm (Sale) 35 1 x8-80ns Simm ....43 4x8-70ns Simm ..135 4x8-80ns Simm ..132 1 x32-60ns Simm .159 lx32-70ns Simm .149 2x32-60ns Simm .299 2x32-70ns Simm 289 4x32-60ns Simm .589 4x32-70ns Simm .579 8x32-60ns Simm 1199 8x32-70ns Simm 1159 256x4-70ns Page Zip ......6 256x4-70ns Page Dip 6 256x4- 100ns Paee Dip 5 GVP 32 4mb Simm 205 GVP 32 I6mb Simm 899 Memory
1. 3 Kickstart Rom ...... .29
2. 04 Kickstart Rom 32
2. 05 Kickstart Rom 35 8373 Super Denise .28 8520 CIA 2 Mhz ...9 8375 I Mb Agnus .32 8375 B 2Mb Agnus 79 8364 R7 Paula" ....16 5719 Gary .19 Super Buster Rev. 11 ......69 Ramsey Rev. 7 ....69 A2091 Rom Ver 7 ..39 A2620-30 Rom Ver 7......49 A3000 Rom Ver 2.04......69
W. D Chip Rev 8A .49 M68882 PGA 25Mhz FPU . 49 M68882 PLCC 25Mhz FPU .69 M68882 PLCC 33Mhz FPU .89 M68030 33Mhz CPU 99 M68030 40Mhz CPU 119 M68030 50 Mhz CPU ....139
2. 5” 260Mb IDE Hard Dr . 329
3. 5” 120Mb SCSI Hard Dr .189
3. 5” 270Mb IDE Hard Dr ...269 Product COD Prices & Availability subject to change without notice Per Remote Cont ..S284 Slingshot Pro A2000 ......S42 Pyramid Hand Scanner 5147 Pyramid Midi .S42 Pryamid Mouse Master ..S31 Pyramid Sound Sampler .$ 69 GP Fax Class 1 & 2 $ 53 A500-HD8 + 0 (A500) ..$ 225 G-Force 040 33-4(A2000)....$ l045 G-Force 030 40-4(A2000)......$ 675 G-Force 040 40-4(AMIGA) ...$ 1300 Data Flyer RAM(A2000) .$ 99 Data Flyer Intface. (A2000) .$ 79 Data Flyer XDS (A1200) ....$ 72 Data Flyer 4000 SX-2 $ 99 Data Flyer SCSI+ 1200 ....$ 99 Data Flyer SCSI+ 4000 ..$ 11 2 Supra Turbo 28 .$ 1 62 A4008 SCSI HD Card .....$ 169 SX1 (CD 32) ....$ 279 ESC 28 24 Spectrum ......$ 389 SuperVGA Plus .$ 175 Mega chip 2000 ...$ 225 A1200 Clock ......$ 36 PCMCIA 1MB (w.batt) ..$ 160 A1000 Printer Cable .$ 24 All Amiga Monitor Cables .CALL Single Frame Controller ....$ 379
3. 5" DS HD int F D .....$ 149
3. 5 H.D. Ext. F D ..SI 59 Wordsworth 2.0 ..$ 29 Wordsworth Print Manager....$ 32 AMOS Professional .$ 49 AMOS Pro Compiler ......S42 Top Form .....$ 39 On the Bail ..S29 VIDI Amiga 12 ..$ 145 Transwrite ...$ 49 Desktop Magic ...$ 29 Auto Mouse Joystick Switch ..$ 29 DP IBM Bus Mouse Int ....$ 1 7 Toaster FX .$ 145 Deluxe Paint IV AGA ......$ 64 Auto Link .....$ 42 Mac 2 Dos ...$ 90 Image Master .....$ 69 Home Front ..$ 39 Profill Vol 2 3 $ 29 Scenery Animator ..$ 62 Vista Pro V3 ...$ 62 Home Builder CAD ....$ 57 Proper Grammar .$ 64 Montage 24 .....S31 5 Final Writer .....$ 1 22 Designer Object V 1 $ 41 Fontasia 300 Postscript $ 45 Ami-Back Tools $ 57 AREXX Cookbook..,. ... S38 Geos 2.0 Com 64 ...$ 43 Icontroller Com 64 $ 1 9 Price & Availability to change without notice NORTHWEST PUBLIC DOMAIN W' high RESOLUTION Slides or Negatives POSTSCRIPT 6- Bitmap Imaging imm Slides Negatives * 4x5 Transparencies Poster Prints up to 36 Inches Wide
* 14.4 Modem Transfers & BBS Support POSTSCRIPT Files • Amiga DOS Bitmap Files CALL 715 856-5627 VISA MC accepted GRAPHIC IMPRESSIONS PO Box 254 Wausaukee, Wl 54177 pm snujamraawu Alows you lo connect a CD1*' to an Amga or PC through the CD" Keyboard Port to Senal Pori on computer, also has a asslhrouch lot keyboard S29 95 passlhrough1 ZAW>6 fl$ H !APPO CD-ROM DRIVE* Run CD1*' S %V thru At 200 PCMCIA port! S305.00 * S4H r«F»m i CD Set containing, mods, midi files Samples, etc.. everything you need for music - $ 29.95
P. O. Box 1617 - Auburn, WA 98071-1617 T206T351-9502 The ULTIMATE AMIGA PD Games CD! Oct Spec. $ 17.95 WE CARRY THE FULL UNE OF 17 BIT DISKS. AS WELL AS AM FM. CLK, FI. And AMDS PD. PLUS EVERYTHING ELSE!! WE GET IT PTRSTII II U( i: si:iv il] :i MAD FIGHTERS 1200H Excellent SbeetFighters game 3Dste PAL* S9.00 FI RACER Indianapolis 500 3D Racing gamelDtsK. PAL - 56.00 CTT57AL5KI LI Exce3ent interactive odventi e! I Disk, pal 56.00 SUPER SOUND Got a Sampler? Use this to run it 1 Disk. PAL 56.00 TOTAL CONCEPTS DINOSAURS Excellent Interactive encyclopedia! 2 Disks 57.50 MGHTSKYOver 1300 stars * sun & moon can be viewed from any part of the earth. 1 Disk. PAL S6G0 BLACKBOARD vl.0 Image Processor, too many features :o fist. Given a 90% rating by Amiga Shopper in May '94. Supports AGA Screens. 2 Disks 58.50 KARATE MASTER A serious Karate Sim. Requires L5 meg. Tons of moves, 99 Levels, 1 or 2 Player. PAL 57.00 RELICS OF DELDRONEYE HUGE Monkey Island type adventjre game. Mouse driven. 2meqs OilP RAH 4 DISKS FALSI 2.00 Cfipat k Fonts IZSOO Forts) - S2495 lTBft CD Cofafion vd. 2 (L CO) $ 19.95 Aminet CD yol 2 413.95. vol 3 $ 1395 EUR05CENE1 - 'scene' ware - 515.00 Fresh Fish CD, Juty Augjfor newer) *919.95 Video Creator • PAL ¦ 534.95 SPACE 4 ASTRONOMY CD - 519.95 DemoCD 1 k 2 = Danes, Mods) S19.95ea. ’whVork CD, Conned 032 & Amiga $ 19.95 CDPDII, III * S19.9S ea. FROZEN FISH or GOLD FISH $ 19.95 Weird Science AMOS PD CD 519.95 Sounds Terrifid (20 Music) $ 29.95 Cb Rom Bonanza! Lock -N- Load PD DISKS 1-6201 SEND S2.00 for Complete AMOS PD Catalog Dlskl HSU from I 3124 - AMIGA DOS TUTORIAL ¦3135 GREEN 5- Supefc "FLASHBACK" type shareware game. ¦3147AB CYBERTECH CORP - AGA ony. AWESOME Alien Breed game '3151 UNUSUAL CASE OF DR. STRANGE * Bast now Platform game wo ve soon in a long wtuia 3265 SPECTRUM EMULATOR v2 ¦317SABC AGA KLONDIKE V2
• 3267AB STARWOIDS - The ULTIMATE gravity thrust gnmo ¦3283 BACMAN- AGA PacMan 3282 PROTRACKER 3.15 * NEW
• 3227 EVIL INSECTS AGA GAME
* 3252 BLACK DAWN 2 - Awesome SHAREWARE Adventure Gamo!
* 3221 BAZ2A & RUNT-AGA Game 3244 Elio McPherson. 3195 iron Maiden. 3196 Sandman Cardsets for AGA Klondike (3175ABC) GAM 289 TECHNOVENTVRE vt.25b ¦ Excellent Shareware platformer I! AMOS S’! HIT'S IT AMOS TURBO PLUS EXTENSION! Add over 130 new commands lo AMOS & AMOS Pro ¦ J29.95* S&H AMOS Intuition txtcnjJon - $ 14.95 AMOS mumc Lxiemktn * SI4.95 MASTERING AMIGA AMOSI Excellent 350 page book by Phil South, covers many topics S26.95 ULTIMATE AMOSI By Jason Holboin of Amiga Shopper 400* pages cf help and instruction on AMOS 8 AMOS PRO. Includes Disk! $ 36.00 * S&H 10 Kflar cfcis wlh tiGtxetof AMGA PD S'otfv.oro gcrrej leieosGi1 rcodes Scorched Tor*!. MsgaBal 3, Mne Burner, Rood 2 HaT Dus morel Only SlL0C($ 4H Inc) EEWEMSEEIANY 10 ASSASSIN*' ' GAMES DISKS FOR ONLY 515.00 +
52. 00 SAW! (U E now hove up through AS! 2021 Coll foe free lig! 1-10 Disks-$ 2.00, 1 1-50 Dlsks-$ 4.00 51+ Disks $ 6.50 Orders outside U.S.. Canada, and Mexico add an additional S3.00. We accept Cash, Checks, and Money Orders in US lunds, as well as UlSA McfNO MIN.1 SEND 52.00 for Catalog! ’ - Indicates PAL Format 1-24 Disks - $ 2.00 Ea. 25-49 Disks - $ 1.50 Ea. 50+ Disks - $ 1.00 Eachl FISH DISKS ARE NOW: 1-24 Disks - $ 1.50Ea. 25-49 Disks - $ 1.25 50+ Disks - $ 1.00 Ea. SHIPPING ft HANDLING; MMIiUAl.t) MINKS CD:
10. C00 Levels of fast and frantic BoulderDash Action Can you Handle It? PAL Onlv SI9.95 DISK PRICING!!!! 17 Pit. NPP. AMOS PP AMINET CD 93 -New tor July 94 Share $ 13.95 -Gold $ 15.95 AMOS PD CDI AMOS PD Disks I-620 +Much More-S19.95 REPAIR costs Cr *Ca"for details A500 - $ 50.00* C64- $ 30.00* A2000 - $ 79.95* 1541 - $ 40.00* I n% A3000 - $ 95.00* 1571 - $ 50.00* A4000 - Call C128 - $ 45.00* off C128D - $ 70.00* with mention Call for Others SX64 - $ 70.00* of this ad A&M COMPUTER REPAIR Authorized Service Center 24 Colonel Conklin Drive, Stony Point, NY 10980
(914) 947-3522 FAX (914)947-2728 FREE ESTIMATES-24 HOUR TURNAROUND
(800) 344-4102 Mon. thru Fri 8am-9pm,Sat 9-5 EST COMMODORE AMIGA COMPUTER REPAIRS AMIGAS’ BEST: TLAS-FISH-TBAG-HLROPEAN-LICENSEWARE-COMMERCIAL Try These 6-Disk Sets For SI0.00 Each Set FONT-PAC: Hundreds of Fonts with Assigns and Viewer(Many Sizes) CLIP-ART PAC 3:Borders-Designs-Signs-People-Transportation-More CLIP -ART PAC 4:Reli2ion-Home-People-Sports-.Animals-Oecasions POWER-MOD SET: 50 Great Music MODS Plus ED Player (Awesome) ALSO THE 17-BIT COLLECTION IS ONLY $ 1.40 EA. ALL FISH-ASSASSINS & IB AG DISKS ONLY $ 1.40 EA COMMODORE AMIGA MOUSE GREAT TEAS DISKS FOR ONLY $ 2.00 15 csyij hash 3 ¦172- MULTI DOS SID 473 COOKBOOK >7l-KICK 1.3 IN STL 716-SCREI N BLANKFJtS 720 JK COMM 74| PK ZIP CRE'NCll'R 7fyV li HMIMII S M AS I EH 788UEA1 DISK CUI’lliKS 815 MAGIC WORKBENCH 819-STOCK ANALYST 821 DISKSALV2 KLORG 14-STAR TRFK *3 - 15 T. RICHTF.R 2-DISK 21 -SEA LANCE (SUBi 22 YAHTZEE (3 GAMES) 24-MONOPOLY W O FORT 44 DOWNHII LSKI N 55 .FRG | DAD GAME) lODRlPiArcjdc) 7DMI5SLE COMMAND* 3 72-DRAGON CAVE 78-PETERS QUEST I ARC.) 79-MEGA BALL 80-PAC M.AN+ 128-SPACE G AMES 136-HATF. (ZAXXON Cin) 137-BLACKJACK BAND FT 143-NEBULA 3-D GAME) 147-INTREPID iTank Sim) 148 Bol LDFRDASH MICRO 162-VIDEO l*OKER 176 GALACTIC WORM Iml-MORIA (DAD) 492-WALKER Pb ablc| 673-DEFENDER 684-LLT1MATE RIDE- Dem 728-TRODDEERS 6-LEV 766-DESERT STRIKE Dem 772- POPE YE 7% MEGABAIT. 3 812-SCORTCIIED TANKS Nth - INCINERATOR Classes Begin January 9 EDU ANONAL: M COLORS A SHAPES ‘15 JAPANESE TUTOR 2IKI STATES,MATH 2111-SPACE LOG 338-WORK SEARCH X.W 315 COMPUTER TUTOR 350 DESI RI STORM m HI IU.H PROSPER 3W.S.SPAN1S1! VERS 412-WORLD DATA BANK 454-VERSEWISE iBlHI.Hi 495-MATII PLUS 6M- HODY PARTS 6X8-SOI.AK SYSTEM h72-DINOSAURS The A|>pcli cf Sollu.tfe Patk b) Golil Divkl A GREAT NO BOX VALUE MtJSIC;I ull Noi.iimii Hilitor l’luyer WRITE: tircat linle Word Processor PAINT: Nice ProgramW 7.00M ROTATE Complete Wilh Full MANUAL Easy M use! 24 HR. FAX 915-563-4315 CATALOG DISK FREE WITH PURCHASE 9 Postage HandIing=S3 For COD OR Priority Mail =$ 4 add $ 3 SEE THE BEST We Take Orders 7 days A Week TLAS INFO: 915-563-4925 ORDERS ONLY 1-800-828-9005 COD I’jsc Seller SI4.00 GREAT GRAPHICS BUNDLE: 44 DELUXE PAINT 3 POWER HITS PACKAGE: UTTLE COMPUTER PEOPLE-TOURS AMENT GOLE W1CKED FIGHTER BOMBER - HACKER 7-GLL-H AIK KAL LY - SHANGHI-SPIN DIZZY WORI.DS-B TT1 J7TECH - FORTS OF CALL 'FREE* MARATHON JOYSTICK
* 49 AMIGAVISION
* 29 V1.7 Release 2 Deluxe Paint 3
* 29 TV TEXT PRO. V 1.0
* 29 Video Titler WE ALSO HAVE ROM CHIPS. 512K MEMORY EXP. I-OR THE A500. I MEG MEM EXP. EOR THE A«t«l.A50n KEYBOARDS A IN I DRIVES 'CAU. FOR CURRENT PRICES' TLAS PO BOX 30499 MIDLAND.TX 79712-0499 ZOOL $ 16 in 11 n i mi TYPING TUTOR _H2L!HL KIND WORDS WonJproccwM SI 9.00 LOM-CIIST COMMERCIAL TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT In the Infomarket Section. Call Heather Guinard 1-800-441-4403 fggjglSMElM VSSSSZ - or 603-924-0313 AMIGA AND COMMODORE SUPPORT SERVICES c= AMIGA Now utilize the same repair facilities used by dealers and other Commodore service centers. Take advantage of direct low pricing, fast turnaround, extended warranties, service contracts, low-cost system upgrades (such as 1 MB Agnus), Toaster problems and most important-PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. USING OUR SERVICE
* **** AMIGA & COMMODORE CHIPS ***** 5510 CPU ...$ 9.95 6567 Video ....S9 95 5526 CIA ....$ 9.95 906114 PLA 2...77!!2!27777S9’95 8520A CIA ..$ 7.95 8373 Super Denise ....$ 24 95 3520 PLCC (A4000) ...S14.95 1.3 ROM ... S16 95 8362 8364 S11.95 2.04 ROM .... "$ 24:95 Amiga Mouse (originaU 352) .S12.95 2.05 ROM .$ 24.95 8372 8375 Agnus with diagnostic disk ...$ 29.95
3. 1 Operating System Kit .CALL 1403 VGA B w monitor ..$ 49.95 C64C computer with P S $ 99.95 1541-11 disk drive .$ 89.95 1802 monitor color (used with C64C) ..S119.95 Plus all Commodcre and Amiga POWER SUPPLIES .....CALL ISAS EASY AS 1-2-3 FAST REPAIR 1-800-426-8693 AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER HOURS: 9-5 E.T. MON.-FRl. COST OF SERVICES* AMIGA COMMODORE FLAT RATE LABOR FLAT RATE LABOR A500 $ 55.00 C64 $ 25.00 A200Q S85.00 C128 $ 45.00 A3000 $ 120.00 1541 $ 20.00 A4000 $ 150.00 1571 $ 35.00 ‘ PLUS UPS SHIPPING CDTV S60.00 CALL FOR OTHER ITEMS WE SERVICE 121 WEST NYACK ROAD, SUITE 6, NANUET, NY 10954 914-624-3200 • FAX 914-624-3239 GLOBAL UPGRADES INC. THE LAST WORD Kudos, complaints, comments, concerns, and contributions from our readers. Let the New Owners Know ... Even though we saw it coming, the demise of Commodore has left an empty feeling in our hearts and anxiety in the stomachs of all those who make a portion of their living with the Amiga and all its ancillary third-party gear. We can only hope that the winners at the Bahamian fun carnival have the wisdom and insight to pick up the pieces, improve the Amiga platform, and prepare it for the future. I propose that when we finally hear reliable, positive news of new owners for the Amiga platform, each and every serious Amiga user send these folks a letter of encouragement letting them know just how important these machines are in our lives. Especially those of you who, like myself, have based a video-production business around the Amiga must make the new owners o realize that the Amiga really is the “tool bin of desktop-video production. Jim Crabtree Oakland Mainland * .. .What the Future Amiga Needs As far as I am concerned, the Commodore Amiga is dead. It is the responsibility’ of the new owners to resurrect it as something else. One way to do this is not to use Motorola's 64-hit "Power PC" microprocessor, but some other RISC-based processor. This would keep the Amiga a proprietary system and not let it become part of the “DOS-pooling" that Apple and IBM are developing lor the Power PC. Using a dedicated 32-bit RISC processor as the brains of an “AmigaRISC” computer would mean that the current investment in Amiga-based hardware would not become obsolete. A ROM upgrade and recompiled software code is all that is needed, and 1 think that Amiga-based companies would rather do that than redesign their entire line of products. Users should be happy with this option as well, for their current hardware investment would still be usable. The new Amiga could be the “imagination machine" once more. With relentless effort on the part ol the new manufacturer, support from third-party companies, and the undying devotion of the users, the Amiga can revive as the powerful computer we all want it to be. Alexander Christ Wichita Falls, Texas When a software company creates a game for the Amiga, it has to keep the little guys in mind, such as the AaOOs, With relentless effort on ike part of Ike new manufacturer, support from th ini-pa rly co mpa n ies, and the undying devotion of its users, the. Amiga can revive as the powerful computer we all want it to be. A2000s, and A 1200s. To our disadvantage, these are the machines that are the majority in the Amiga market. T his results in sluggish adventure games with horrible sound and washed-out colors, certainly not a fine example of this multimedia computer's capabilities. So my suggestion to the new owners of the Amiga technolog)’, whoever (hey will be, is to dump the slow '020 line of processors and stick with the faster ’030, ’040, and (soon) ’060 CPUs, A configuration for a low-end Amiga might incorporate a 25-MHz 030, while a high-end machine might use a 40 50-MI Iz 041). This would leave the '060 for Amiga graphics workstations. In addition to last CPUs, even Amiga should be equipped with a hard drive. 1 don’t know about other users, but I don’t consider disk-swapping to be a fun part of an Amiga game experience. With these improvements, game companies that have switched to the M3-i)()S or Mac markets will line! The new Amiga hardware inviting and may well return to us. Current Amiga game companies will no doubt be very grateful for the extra power! And most important of all the Amiga gamer will greatly benefit. Joe j. Casssa ra Miami, Florida We Don’t Like This Diet Either! This is just a brief letter to complain about how incredibly thin AmigaWorfd has become lor the September issue. Earlier this year, the pages hovered around the 100 mark; now they arc down to 64. I realize the Amiga is in trouble, hut does that mean you are, too? 1 will certainly not be renewing my subscription if the magazine continues to be reduced. Since 1086, I have really enjoyed my Amiga computers and have been very upset with Commodore over its indifferent attitude in marketing what is a fantastic computer. 1 can only hope that it will be headed for a better future with the possibility of another company in control. Finally, I would like to inform vou J that the Bahamas are in the Atlantic Ocean, not the Caribbean Sea, as you wrote in your editorial. T am amazed at the number of people who make this mistake. Roger J. Hale laps field, Massach it setts We're looking fonvard to that "better fain ref' loo, Mr. Hale, and the promise it balds for I bicker, less anemic issues of AW. . . Oh, and Ibank y on for your geographical clarification. Eds. ¦ The World's First Multi-Platform Emulation SystemI Macintosh® Emulation Module emplan Oew 790 N. Lake Havasu Avenue 16 Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 U.S.A.
(602) 680-9004 24hr order line
(602) 453-6407 24hr Fax line
(602) 680-9234 Technical support dept.
(602) 453-9767 24hr BBS (2400-14.4K)
(602) 453-3909 24hr BBS (14.4K-28.8K) Four different versions of EMPLANT are available, ranging in price from $ 279.95 to $ 399.95 All emulation modules require an Amiga with Zorro II slots, and a 68020 (or later) CPU. DEALER INQUIRES WELCOME! OpalVision Roaster Chip DON LESMBI MUSIC CENTER ALBUQUERQUE, NM 505-268*2111 HT ELECTRONICS SUNNYVALE, CA 408-737-0900 CREATIVE COMPUTERS LAWNDALE, CA 310-542-2282 Hundreds of Effects THE LiVEY COMPUTER LA MESA, CA 619-589-9455 THE COMPUTER ROOM AURORA I EN6LEW00D, CO 303-696-8973 SLIPPED DISK MADISON HEIGHTS, Ml 810-546-3475 TRI-STATE COMPUTERS NEW YORK, NY 800-220-2224 MICROWORKS BUFFALO, NY 716-873-1856 SOFTWARE HUT SHARON HILL, PA 800-B48-0078 MICRO SEARCH HOUSTON, TX 713-988-2818 SAFE HARBOR WAUKESHA, W1 800-544-6589 OMNI INTERNATIONAL TRADING SEATTLE, WA 206-628-2823 CLACKAMAS COMPUTERS CLACKAMAS, OR 503-650-0379 International PHANTA BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA 54 1 7820737 SOLARIS IMYSBRUCK, AUSTRIA 512 49 49 24 JOLLY SOUND LIMITED HONG KONG, CHINA 852362-0202 ML SYSTEMS WATERKLOOF, SOUTH AFRICA 12 3461160
C. L S. PESSAC, FRANCE 57 881140 VIDEO COMP QVEHURSE, GERMANY 61 71 58 070 KBSRL BOLOGNA, ITALY 51 78 55 63 CAPELLA OSLO, NORWAY 222 00806 CHROMA COIMBRA, PORTUGAL 351 39 273 43 STALER MOSCOW, RUSSIA 095 246 1042 KARLBER8 & KARLBERG BJARRED, SWEDEN 48 47 450 r" - > ¦
LC. L UCIfflELDJSTAFFS.(UK 54 34 14817 WONDBI COMPUTES OnAWA TORONTO, ONTARIO 813-598-2542 3Y.B.C. CANADA 1-4007 Chroma and luma keying • 256-level linear transparency Video Sandwich key • Real-time color processing and chrominance effects Unlimited number of transitions and 3D Digital Video Effects • 24-Bit plcture-in picture 24-Bit, 1 ns character generation with MONTAGE 24 software OpalVision Video Processor Maiifactirid and Dlstrlkitll hr Centaur Development
P. O. BOX 3959 Torrance, CA 90510 Phone: (310) 787-4530 PAX:(310) 223-5882 BBS: (310) 787-4540 OpalVision, OpalPahit, OpalPresents, OpalVision Video Suite, OpalVision Video Processor and OpalVision Roaster Chip are trademarks of Opal Technology, Ltd. OpalAnimMATE and Opal F X Edit are trademarks of Centaur Development, Inc. MONTAGE is a trademark of Innovlslon Technology. Circle 162 on Reader Service card 1 Call our toll-free number 1-800-426-8693 and receive a Return Authorization Number. This is your tracking number.