Liste des magazines disponibles sur AMIGALAND.COM
Amiga World 5 You turn on your Amiga and, instead of the familiar Workbench screen, up pops a screen that’s blood- red. Your Amiga is sick. At this point, you’re probably not feeling too well yourself. This month we’ll take a look at some of the ways that the Amiga operating system can alert you when something’s wrong with your system, and at some of the solutions that can help you fix minor problems without a trip to the repair shop. Power-up Diagnostics You’ve probably noticed that your Amiga’s screen flashes for a few seconds just after you power it on. What you see is actually a sequence of colors that flash by as various portions of the power- on self-test are completed. If the computer stops on a particular color, something’s wrong with your hardware. We’ll go through the colors in sequence, taking a look at what they mean. The first color is dark gray. This indicates the initial hardware and processor test. If the boot process doesn't make it past this screen, something is seriously wrong, and it’s probably time to visit the repair shop. But if you’re comfortable about opening up your Amiga, you might try pressing down all the chips and expansion boards to see if that helps. The next color is light gray. This is the initial oper- ating-system software test. Once again, it means a fairly major problem. If reseating the chips doesn’t help, it’s dealer time. Next comes red, and I’ve hit this one a few times myself. The documented reason for a red screen popping up is that there’s a problem with the Kickstart ROM, but I’ve also seen it occur with faulty expansion cards and loose Agnus chips. Try opening your computer and pressing down on Agnus. If that doesn’t help, try removing all the expansion cards. If it boots, Amiga Tidbit When the Amiga 500 was first introduced, the delivery trucks would drive too quickly over a speedbump outside the Commodore warehouse, knocking Agnus chips loose from their sockets. Once this problem was discovered, Commodore started clipping the chips down. Dealers would often reseat the chips by dropping the Amiga about two inches onto a table but I’d suggest the safer technique of opening the computer and pressing the chip down. Replace the cards one by one until you discover which is causing the problem. Green is next in the sequence. This color indicates a problem with chip RAM: There’s a bad memory chip that needs to be replaced. Blue indicates an error in the custom chips. Once again, reseating the chips may be the solution. If that doesn’t do it, one of your Amiga’s custom chips probably needs replacement. If you’re running Kick- start 2, a red screen may pop up during the boot process that will actually identify a faulty expansion board. Under Kickstart 3, you can choose Expansion Diagnostics from the boot menu (hold down both mouse buttons while rebooting your computer); this screen will show you which expansion cards are working and which are faulty.
Click image to download PDF
• Fractal Graphics Video Start-Ups An IDG Communications Publication Final Coprll Word Processor for the Arnea Word Processor jor the Amiga
P. O. Box 50178 Phoenix, Arizona 85076 RttlScnpt is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated Special Offer! Get The First Family Of Amiga Imaging Products At Factory Direct Prices! Product Name Description List Price ImlMTr Price Art Department Professional® 2.5 MorphPlus™ $ 299.00 $ 173.00 The number one Amiga color image processing package. $ 295.00 $ 142.00 The finest morphing available on the Amiga, plus other great effects. T-Rexx Professional™ $ 249.00 $ 135.00 Complete control over the Toaster and 11 other related products. TruePrint 24® $ 89.00 $ 59.00 Advanced 24-bit color or 8-bit grayscale printing on standard Amiga printers. CygnusEd Professional™ ADPro MorphPlus Add-Ons $ 119.95 $ 67.00 The leading Amiga text editor. Fully Arexx compatible. ProCONTROL™ $ 90.00 $ 57.00 A point-and-click batch processing front end for ADPro or MorphPlus. Professional Conversion Pack CGM Loader TIFF. Targa, Alias. SGI. Wavefront. Sun Raster, X Windows. PICT and Rendition formats. $ 90.00 $ 52.00 $ 89.95 $ 57.00 Allows reading of images in the CGM image file format. Epson Scanner Driver $ 200.00 $ 114.00 A WYSIWYG driver for Epson full page flat bed color scanners. HP ScanJet lie Driver $ 200.00 $ 118.00 A WYSIWYG driver for the HP ScanJet lie full page flat bed color scanner. Abekas Driver $ 200.00 $ 133.00 Read and write digital video tapes in the Abekas Digital Disk Recorder format. Lasergraphics LFR Driver $ 250.00 $ 173.00 A driver for the Lasergraphics LFR and LFR+- digital film recorders. Polaroid CI3000 CI5000 Driver $ 200.00 $ 127.00 A driver for the Polaroid CI-3000, Cl-5000 or CI-5000S digital film recorders. ORDER NOW! (608)273-0473 V SA MasterCard Shipping charges will be added to each order. All registered or unregistered trademarks are property of their respective holders. FIRST IMPRESSIONS The seas are choppy, kit we’re still afloat! We’ve received a lot of phone calls, letters, e-mail, faxes and even one hand-delivered telegram, all expressing dismay over the “shrinking pages1’ situation at AmigaWoiid, Why, you ask, are we cutting back our coverage? How come there is so much advertising and so little editorial? Let me address the second point first. Dear Reader, there aren’t more ad pages than before there are fewer. Like you, the Amiga user, some of the people who advertise in A W are afraid and uncertain about what die final shakeout will be from the Commodore liquidation. So they begin to hedge a little with their advertising budgets until they can see what’s going to happen. The result is that we can’t afford to print as large a magazine as usual the editorial pages drop in the same proportion as do the ad pages. What’s happening here is that we’re beginning to get pulled into a vicious circle. Readers want developers and magazines to produce the same amounts of their respective products as before. Developers want as many users as before to continue reading magazine advertising and to keep buying products. Magazines want to maintain circulation, which then maintains advertising revenue, which makes money for the publishers and allows editors to include more material for the readers, who want. . . You get the picture. Since we can't step into the Bahamian Supreme Court and demand that the Commodore liquidation mess be settled immediately, at once, and to the satisfaction of all of us, right now, if you puhleeeze, we thought we’d try to start by doing our part. We asked veteran Amiga aficionado Denny Atkin (a person known to many of you as a fellow user) to find out what sources of help and support are out there to keep users going during this impasse (see “We Need Somebody ... ”, p. 15). We are also stating both to our readers and Amiga developers that AmigaWorld will be here no matter what happens. It may not be as big a book during this interim as you were used to in the past, but, unlike Commodore, we are here and will continue to provide information about using your Amiga and about new products developed for your Amiga. With nearly five million Amigas out there around the world, there is no reason why people should stop developing new products and sendees for Amiga users users, I might add, who are just a wee bit (!) More dedicated and loyal than your average “clone” consumer. So let’s show those developers that even if not a single new Amiga system were ever produced, they wouldn’t have to join the breadlines for a long time to come. And to the developers (a number of whom have, to their great credit, spoken out with public messages of support), don’t forget the intensity of commitment out there among the Amiga user base! Daniel Sullivan Editor-in-Chief AmigaWorld Dale Strang, Publisher Daniel Sullivan, Editor-in-Chief Barbara Gefvert, Senior Editor Tim Walsh, Senior Editor Reviews Ann Record, Assistant Editor Peter Olafson, Games Editor Denny Atkin, Paulo de Andrade, Joel Hagen, Contributing Editors Howard G. Happ, Art Director Laura Johnson, Assistant Art Director Ann Dillon, Designer Alana Korda, Manufacturing Manager Michael McGoldrick, Advertising Director Barbara Hoy, Sales Representative Heather Guinard, Sales Representative Meredith Bickford, Advertising Coordinator Advertising: 1-800-441-4403; 1-603-924-0100 FAX: 1-603-924-4066 Giorgio Saluti, Associate Publisher, West Coast Sales 600 Townsend St., Suite 170 East San Francisco, CA 94103 1-415-522-2403; FAX: 1-415-522-2409 Wendie Haines Marro, Marketing Director Mary McCole, Promotion Coordinator Lisa Jaillet, Desktop Publishing Manager Johanna Rivard, Circulation Promotion Manager Debbie Bourgault, Circulation Fulfillment Manager Subscription Services: 1-800-827-0877 or 1-815-734-1109 TechMedia Publishing Dale Strang, President Darlene Sweeney, Administrative Assistant Karen Peterson, Business Manager Nancy Mallette, Senior Credit Analyst Kemco Publishers Services, Newsstand Circulation miDG INTERNATIONAL DATA GROUP AmigaWorld (ISSN 0883-2390) is an independent journal not connected with Commodore Business Machines, Inc. AmigaWorld is published month!)- by TechMedia Publishing, Inc., an IDG Company, 80 Elm St.. Peterborough, NH 03458. US subscription rate is $ 29.97. one year; $ 57.97. two years: $ 83.97, three years: Canada, $ 11.97 (includes GST), and Mexico $ 38.97. Foreign Surface $ 49,97. Foreign Airmail $ 84.97. US Rinds drawn oil US bank. Prepayment is required on all foreign subscript ions. All foreign rates are one-year only. Second-class postage paid at Peterborough, NH. And at additional mailing ollicos. Phone: 603-924-0100. On-line on BIX: Amiga.World (in .Amiga.exchange); CompuServe: 76376,2137; Portal: Go AmigaWorld. Entire contents copyright 1994 by TechMedia Publishing, Inc. No part of this publication may be printed or otherwise reproduced without written permission from the publisher. Postmaster: Send address changes to .1 miga World, Subscript ion Services, 1*0 Box 595, Mt. Morris. II, 61054-7901. Nationally distributed by Kable News Co. AmigaWorld makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of articles, listings, and diagrams published in the magazine. Amiga- World assumes no responsibility for damages due to errors or omissions. PRINTED IN THE USA. Posted under Canadian International Publication agreement 0257478. CONTENTS VOLUME 10, NUMBER 10, OCTOBER 1994 FEATURES A W Feature Review: Brilliance 2*0 By Paulo de Andrade ..12 The new and now dongle-less version of Digital Creations’ paint animation program is a major upgrade of the original, packed with significant new features and enhancements at a price that literally can’t be beat. MIDI Sequencer Jamboree! By Darius Taghavy .....*.....19 Learn die score when it comes to choosing a MIDI sequencer for your Amiga with this special buyer's guide featuring comparativ e evaluations of eight leading sequencer packages. ARTICLES Help! We Need Somebody ... By Denny Atkin ..*15 With Commodore having run up the white dag, the No. I question on the minds of many Amiga users is where to go for support and help. A W asked leading Amiga authority Denny Atkin to go out there and find some solutions to surviving these troubled times. COLUMNS Denny ON DOS By Denny Atkin 4 'Die fix is in this month as Denny selves up a mini troubleshooting guide designed to help you diagnose minor problems and annoying glitches in your system. Prime-Time PD By Tim Walsh 8 First order of business in Tim’s monthly guide to new PD Shareware is a look at the very latest versions of three popular telecommunications programs. Video in Focus By Paulo de Andrade ..25 This month Paulo brings you tips on how to get started in the video-production business, whether your own or someone else’s. Me focuses on two essentials: where to get training and how to get your foot in the door to gain experience. While October is a “Special Review” issue (topped by a featured look at the new Brilliance paint software used to create this month's coz>er image inset above), we knout our readers will also be interested in Denny Atkins investigations into where to find support in these troubled, post- Commodore times. So, don’t forget to check out "HelpI We Need Somebody..." on p. 15. Accent on Graphics By Joel Hagen .., * 34 Joel takes a small detour from more mainstream graphics this month to explore the fascinating world of image-making with fractal software. DEPARTMENTS First Impressions By Daniel Sullivan .2 The impasse in resolving the Commodore situation has created a vicious circle that's putting a great deal of pressure on everyone in the .Amiga community. Overscan ......6 An update on die Commodore situation plus new products, trade-show reports, and other .Amiga news. The Last Word .64 Your comments, concerns, and criticisms are always welcome in this spot. AW Product Information ..60 To contact the vendors of products mentioned in this issue of Amiga World, consult our all-in-one “Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses” list. REVIEWS VertiSketch S-10 Digitizer (Blevins Enterprises) .... 10 With LightWave now available to non- Toaster owners, diis 3-D digitizing system should have even more wide appeal. Distant Suns 5.0 (Virtual Reality Laboratories) ....11 Astronomy space-simulation buffs will love this latest version of DS more feature- packed and entertaining than ever! Composite Studio (Dimension Technologies) ....42 Software to simplify assembling and customizing display graphics for almost any kind of presentation project. DiRWORK 2.1 (Spectronics) .44 A significantly beefed-up commercial version of the former shareware file and directory utility. T occata Samplitude-MS (Noahji’s) 48 Solid lb-bit sound card with sample- editing playback software. DICE 3.0 (Obvious Implementations). . D0 A robust, full-featured commercial version of Matt Dillon’s popular shareware C compiler. GAMES By Peter Olafson Special Feature: UK Licenseware Imports......56 Representatives of that interesting European concept called licenseware (a hybrid cross between commercial and shareware) are beginning to make their way across the pond. Here’s a look at some of die better titles to reach the beaches here in the US. Valhalla and the Lord of Infinity (Vulcan) ...58 Delightful six-disk, puzzle-driven “speech adventure” game from England. Download Dungeon ....60 A rundown of recent interesting shareware games. COVER PI taro BY ED JUDICE; AMIGA SCREEN IMAGE BY PAUL NICOLAI, AURA CREATIVE LTD. Amiga World 5 You turn on your Amiga and, instead of the familiar Workbench screen, up pops a screen that’s blood- red. Your Amiga is sick. At this point, you’re probably not feeling too well yourself. This month we’ll take a look at some of the ways that the Amiga operating system can alert you when something’s wrong with your system, and at some of the solutions that can help you fix minor problems without a trip to the repair shop. Power-up Diagnostics You’ve probably noticed that your Amiga’s screen flashes for a few seconds just after you power it on. What you see is actually a sequence of colors that flash by as various portions of the power- on self-test are completed. If the computer stops on a particular color, something’s wrong with your hardware. We’ll go through the colors in sequence, taking a look at what they mean. The first color is dark gray. This indicates the initial hardware and processor test. If the boot process doesn't make it past this screen, something is seriously wrong, and it’s probably time to visit the repair shop. But if you’re comfortable about opening up your Amiga, you might try pressing down all the chips and expansion boards to see if that helps. The next color is light gray. This is the initial oper- ating-system software test. Once again, it means a fairly major problem. If reseating the chips doesn’t help, it’s dealer time. Next comes red, and I’ve hit this one a few times myself. The documented reason for a red screen popping up is that there’s a problem with the Kickstart ROM, but I’ve also seen it occur with faulty expansion cards and loose Agnus chips. Try opening your computer and pressing down on Agnus. If that doesn’t help, try removing all the expansion cards. If it boots, Amiga Tidbit When the Amiga 500 was first introduced, the delivery trucks would drive too quickly over a speedbump outside the Commodore warehouse, knocking Agnus chips loose from their sockets. Once this problem was discovered, Commodore started clipping the chips down. Dealers would often reseat the chips by dropping the Amiga about two inches onto a table but I’d suggest the safer technique of opening the computer and pressing the chip down. Replace the cards one by one until you discover which is causing the problem. Green is next in the sequence. This color indicates a problem with chip RAM: There’s a bad memory chip that needs to be replaced. Blue indicates an error in the custom chips. Once again, reseating the chips may be the solution. If that doesn’t do it, one of your Amiga’s custom chips probably needs replacement. If you’re running Kick- start 2, a red screen may pop up during the boot process that will actually identify a faulty expansion board. Under Kickstart 3, you can choose Expansion Diagnostics from the boot menu (hold down both mouse buttons while rebooting your computer); this screen will show you which expansion cards are working and which are faulty. Zapped Clock You turn on your Amiga or reboot after a nasty crash, and suddenly your Startup- Sequence reports “Battery- Backed Clock Not Found.’’ Chances are the battery isn’t dead, and, no, the cat didn’t run ofTwith it. Sometimes a particularly violent system crash can scramble the memory bits in the clock chip so much that the Amiga operating system doesn’t even recognize the chip. There’s a simple solution. Just type SETCLOCK RESET. This will reset the bits in the clock. Now use the Date command to set the time and date, and type SETCLOCK SAVE to save the proper date. Under AmigaDOS 2.04 or later, Setclock Reset is quite foolproof, but sometimes it doesn’t do the trick under
1. 2 or 1.3. If it doesn’t solve the problem, look for the public-domain utilities Start- Clock and ClockDoctor they work powerful magic on even the most scrambled system clocks. You may have heard talk of a “clock virus” that resides in the battery-backed RAM of your clock and causes disaster. Don't believe these rumors the clock has only a few bits of storage, not enough room for even the most talented, vicious virus writer to create a program. Startup Errors Your Amiga is locking up during the boot sequence, and you can’t figure out what command is causing the problem. This is especially frustrating under AmigaDOS 2 and later, for you usually don’t even see a screen until the Workbench loads. If this happens, boot with a floppy disk (or use the boot menu to skip the Startup- Sequence under AmigaDOS
3) and then use the ED editor to load the S Startup- Sequence file on your boot drive. Add the command SET ECHO ON to the very- top of the file. This causes the Amiga to echo each command to a shell window as it is executed, allowing you to figure out where the startup is locking up. You can then go in and remove or fix the offending command. Once everything’s up and running, just remove the command from your Startup-Sequence. By the way, die Set Echo On command is also handy for debugging other scripts. ¦ Denny Atkin is author of the book Denny Atkin’s Best Amiga Tips and Secrets. Send suggestions to him via e-mail at DemiyAmiga @aol. Com, or write to him do AmigaWorld. The Color Printer You've Been Waiting For Since You Bought Your First Amiga®! The wait is over for low-cost, high-quality color printing. For only $ 995 the Primera,H Color Printer delivers spectacular full-color output from your illustrations, animations, video captures, 3-D renderings, 24-bit photos and more. Print on plain laser paper, transparencies - even T-shirt transfer sheets and mugs! Use Primera with all of your favorite Amiga programs like Brilliance1 Art Department Professional®, ImageFX™, PageStream'" and nearly all other Amiga software that uses the Amiga Preferences printer driver. Primera is the perfect color printer for every Amiga user. Why wait any longer for brilliant, full-page color? Call today for more information and a free sample print. Works with all Amiga computers Version 1.3 (or higher)
• Printer drivers also available for Windows 3.1!V and Macintosh®
• Wax thermal transfer print quality and optional 5249.95 upgrade to spectacular photo-realistic, dye-sublimation printing NEW - 600 x 300 dpi! Introducing the PrimeraPro Color Printer . _
* b Now, for just $ 1,895,*' you can print picture-perfect dye-sublimation and wax thermal transfer output at an incredible 600 x 300 dpi! Call for details. 1-800-327-4622 612-941-9470 FAX: 612-941-7836 OVERSCAN More Bids For Commodore It’s hurricane season in the Bahamas and it isn’t just the tropical winds that are a-blowing: The legal storm to acquire Commodore has stirred things up considerably. Along with proposals from Samsung and Amstrad Philips Electronics, the accounting firm of Deloitte and l ouche (the Bahamian Supreme Court-appointed liquidators) is reviewing two new bids one from the management team of Commodore UK and the other from Creative Equipment International (CE1) of Florida. The Commodore UK group, headed by Joint Managing Director David Pleas- ance, told A W that if it acquired the technology, the first order of business would be to revamp production and to get Ami- gas on dealers’ shelves by the first week in November, Initially, production would be limited to AGA machines and CD32 units. With a reduced but still functional Commodore Engineering group of 20 still in place in the US (now located in Norristown, PA), Pleasance also stated he is committed to continued development of the AAA chip set and future-generation systems. Initially, the UK group would concentrate on strengthening the European markets, but Pleasance has already mentioned the possibility of a North American developers forum where programmers, third-party manufacturers, and distributors would have the opportunity to meet with the new company owners and share marketing strategies. Like the Commodore UK group, CEI wants to begin production of Amiga hardware as quickly as possible should it acquire Commodore. According to CEI president Alex Amor, the company would use existing engineering sites in the US (manufacturing would take place overseas, much as CBM had done in the past). CEI wants to concentrate on revitalizing the North American market. Should CEI get the bid, Amor plans to host both North American and European developers conferences. In addition, CEI’s plan calls for the introduction of a new product within two weeks of acquisition (the company has been quietly working behind the scenes with remaining Commodore engineers). If either of these two latter groups acquires the technology, the good news is that both intend to revive production of the Amiga. Stay tuned for the outcome. TW At SIGGRAPH, Amiga’s Voice Is Small But Mighty ORLANDO, FLORIDA Two years ago, AmigaWor d traveled to Orlando in July to attend the '92 World of Amiga show. This year there was no WOA, of course, but AW made a return trip to the Disney domain this time to cover SIGGRAPH '94, the computer graphics event. According to one source, Amigas used to be represented in equal proportion to Pcs at SIGGRAPH. Unfortuately, the Amiga's recent plight was evidenced by a small number of machines on the show fioor. But praise be to the enthusaistic Amiga developers who did show up. Their plans will continue to carry the Amiga into the future as third parties have done with the Amiga all along. Two such developers, NoahJi's and CDC (Cybernetics Distribution Company, handling both US Cybernetics hardware and Cybernetica software), shared an Amiga- DOS-only booth. Both showed some exciting new products, and neither has any intention of abandoning the Amiga market. NoahJi's, the new exclusive distributor for MacroSystem (Germany) products in the US, featured V-Lab Motion, a nonlinear editing system. Jorg Sprave, president of MacroSystem, hopped the Atlantic to explain that the board (S1750) fits in an A2000, 3000, or 4000, and can record full-motion, high-quality video to your hard disk from any source. It offers JPEG compression decompression (via a high-speed integrated circuit for real-time results), genlocking, chromakeying, and what looked like very powerful and flexible editing software. To locate the vendors of products mentioned, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 60. US Cybernetics' Warp System transputer can boost your processing speed substantially (even more with the addition of extra chips), but it requires software specifically adapted to it. Among CDC's offerings were a Warp System-adapted version of Adspec's Aladdin 3D. Also, CDC announced Cybernetica's Reality Prime Engine Series of software, a system of modules designed to work initially with Warp System, and later with other software on a standard Amiga. These releases, each with the Engine tag, will add a host of options for 3-D animators. The lineup is slated to include Light Engine (for ray-tracing and radiosity), Physics (for animation control). Paint (for image processing, compositing, and painting), Modeling, Animation, Morphing, Particle, Sound, Video, and more. The releases will be staggered, with the first (Light Engine) appearing around the time you read this. Cybernetica's Newton's Law (animation module for LightWave) was expected to ship at the show, but has been delayed temporarily. DeskStation's booth demostrated how the company's Raptor parallel processor for LightWave works with other products as well. Also in the booth were Interworks (with its ToasterNet networking system), and representatives from Warm b Fuzzy Logic, DKB, and Black Belt Systems. Fargo, which made waves in the Amiga market with its Primera color printer, made another big splash with PrimeraPro. This dye-sub wax thermal color printer upstages Vews and N e vj Pro ducts the original Primera by promising 600x300 dpi output (the sample prints are simply incredible!), plus laser-quality text. NewTek's large booth featured a Flyer demo, and had LightWave running on the PC. NewTek is not alone in finding other baskets for its eggs, and this should actually be good for the Amiga market; while we wait for news on the Amiga's future, it is important that Amiga developers stay financially healthy. NewTek announced several Toaster-compatible products, including the Eagle Tower 4000 (S899, Eagle Computers and Video), a chassis offering lots of slots: two for video, seven for Zorro 11 111 cards, and five PC AT slots, plus extra drive bays and a 300-watt power supply. Another, PowerMacros for LightWave (CineGraphics), is a collection of 17 time-saving functions for animation, modeling, layout, and pie-chart generation. Across the way. Desktop Images showed off its collection of Toaster LightWave instructional videos. And Blevins Enterprises demonstrated VertiSketch, a nice 3-D digitizing system that works with LightWave (see the review, p. 10). What the Amiga's representation lacked in numbers it made up for in other ways. Whatever happens with the Amiga technology, many developers continue to see promise in this market. BG CD Creator Now you can create your own Cds (for CD32, CDTV, or A570) just like Optonica’s Insight series of reference titles (Insight: Dinosaurs; Living Body; Technology) with Interplay (£995), a multimedia authoring system. Interplay features a WYSIWYG point-and- click interface with online help, so you won’t need to brush up on your programming skills. With the system, you simply lay out pages and add media clips at will. It requires an Amiga 2000, 3000, or 4000 with 4MB or RAM and a hard drive. Future Editing Now Left cold by video editors that cost more than your last car? FutureVideo solves that problem with the release of V-Station 3300 ($ 1295) for NewTek’s Video Toaster, The A B roll hardware software video editor combines the power of a multitasking, multiple-event editor with the versatility of the Toaster’s effects, character generation, and Framestores. It is capable of direct Arexx communication with the Toaster, allowing all of the Toaster’s settings to be read directly back to the V-Station and saved as part of the event record. Armed with an online help system, easy-to-read software screens, and a built-in Tape Logging capability, video editing has never been easier. V-Station 3300 is compatible with SunRize Soundoff SunRize Industries is making a lot of noise these days with its SoundSwitch ($ 499) eight-channel audio mixer. It puts the Video Toaster in complete control of up to four stereo sources so you won't have to click on a Crouton while moving slider controls on a mixer simultaneously. Just plug SoundSwitch into your floppy drive port, click on a Crouton, and voila . . . You've switched your audio with your video. It au- Acceleration Over Forty Whoever said you need to slow down after fyrty didn’t know about Fusion Forty 60 , a new accelerator for the Amiga 2000 from RCS. Featuring a MC68060 CPU from Motorola, the Fusion Forty 60 is fully compatible with the Toaster, as well as Imagine 3.0, Real 3D, Caligari, and other programs. Current users of the Fusion Forty can upgrade their MC68040 without having to replace the RAM; the board accepts up to 32MB in industry-standard TrueType for Amiga TrueType fonts are everywhere. Now you can buy and convert them for your Amiga with Soft-Logik Publishing's newest TypeSmith font-editor upgrade. In addition to TrueType font support, version 2.5 offers enhanced hints for PostScript fonts, more Arexx commands, and improved printed font previews. TypeSmith 2.5 can load and save fonts in TrueType, PostScript, Compugraphic Intel- lifont, Soft-Logik, and IFF RFF formats, and various “prosumer” VCRs and camcorders fitted with Panasonic’s Control- M or Sony’s Control-L (LANC). Powerful options including VTR Driver Kits, SMPTE EBU time code (LTC) readers, upgradable software, and controller firmware are also available. Tomatically switches to the correct audio sources when you do a transition and performs cross-fades flawlessly. SoundSwitch claims to sound even better than your CD player with its dynamic range of 95 decibels. It includes the Mixer, Meter, and SMPTE modules from SunRize's Studio 16. It is compatible with any edit controller for the Video Toaster, including NewTek's Video Toaster Flyer and RGB's AmiLink. 1x8 or 4x8 SIMM modules. The MC68060 contains a floatingpoint unit, an MMU, and a new feature called Superscalar, which enables the unit to detect, dispatch, execute, and return results from more than one instruction during each cycle. The clock speed is rated at 50 Mhz, with a 60 Mhz model to be released later. (A version for the A4000 is in development.) Registered users of Fusion Forty should contact RCS for upgrade details. Convert them with the new Batch Convert Arexx macro. With this macro, entire directories of fonts can be converted at the press of a function key. This enables you to include fonts from any format into programs such as PageStream, Art Expression, Professional Page, DeluxePaint, Final Writer, Brilliance, LightWave, and the Toaster Character Generator. TypeSmith 2.5 is $ 199.95; registered owners of version 2.0 can upgrade for $ 25. Prime-Time PD ON-LINE SOURCES FOR FREELY DISTRIBUTABLE SOFTWARE Amiga telecomputing rule 1: If you want a good telecommunication program, your first stop should be the public domain. That's been the steadfast rule, because the inferior commercial offerings lack the sophistication and aggressive support of those found online. Written by telecommunication experts, these programs place a heavy emphasis on the necessities: Arexx, multiple protocols, easy-to- edit phonebooks and multiple terminal emulation for dealing with fussy BBSs. Tri-Power Lineup Three popular PD telecommunication programs (NComm, VLT, and Term) have recently received major upgrades. First and foremost, Torkel Lodberg’s Ncomm now resides at version 3.0. A fully menu-driven 2.0 3.0 program, there’s full support for ANSI and VT100 terminal emulation in 8 or 16 colors. There’s support for IBM graphics and Shanghai windows, as well as interlaced, PAL, NTSC, and overscan screens. Ncomm operates nicely on both Public and Workbench screens. Speed-wise, Ncomm connect rates go up to 115200 baud (31250 baud on an unaccelerated Amiga). You’ll also find full .ARexx support, with an Arexx interface complete with File requesters that offers access to all script and menu commands. The Ncomm 3.0 archive contains many files, most importantly the XPR standards called XPRKermit.- library and XPRZmodem. - library for file-transfer protocols. The XPRKermit.- library supports 1K packets, but is saddled with bugs that become readily apparent when you download files from CompuServe the most common use for the Kermit protocol. The XPR- Zmodem.library is needed for Zmodem protocol transfers, and it performed without incident. Installing Ncomm 3.0 provides the added bonus of automatically inserting V38.1092 of Nico Francois’ ReqTools to your Libs director)'. Of the three terminal programs presented here, Ncomm 3.0 was second- fastest to get up and running. Once all the required files are in place, an intuitive, logical interface makes it easy to use. The Little One Willy Langeveld’s VLT (Valiant Little Terminal) shareware program has recently been updated to version 5.865. There’s also another rendition of this popular program, VLTjr v5.867, which is identical to VLT5.865 except that it lacks support for Tektronix graphics. VLT, which works under AmigaDOS 1.3 2.0 3.0, features VT100 emulation and support for Tektronix 4105 and 4107 terminals. ATT enjoys updated requesters, menus, and support for online AmigaGuide help. Like Ncomm, VLT uses 2.0 public screens, and under
1. 3 it uses a screenshare.- library. Like other programs of the genre, it uses ASL file and font requesters with
2. 04 3.0, and a simple string requester for fonts when it’s operating under 1.3. ATT might present some pain and suffering for rookies. Since you won’t find any XPRZmodem or Kermit file- transfer protocols in the archive, you’ll need to don your cyberspace Sherlock Holmes cap and do some investigative online snooping to find them (plenty are readily available). VLT also uses Arexx scripts to perform all manner of functions, and this requires more than just a passing acquaintance with .ARexx. With an Arexx interface to speed things along, this process is easy, but you need to understand the fundamentals of editing Arexx scripts, or absolutely nothing will work. With a casual evening’s tweaking and fetching of needed files, you’ll have a terminal program that’s more powerful than the other two listed here. It’s my personal favorite. Coming to Terms Finally, there is Term Term 4.0, to be exact. You need to have at least 2MB of RAM to run Olaf Barthel’s recently updated terminal program. Classified as gift- ware, Term’s author requests donations ranging from Infocom games to videos of Jabberwocky. Intuitive control panels let you fiddle with everything, including the High-speed mode, which allows the serial driver to skip a couple of internal parity' and stop- bits checks to achieve a higher throughput rate. You can adjust the baud rates via a graphical slider all the way up to 115200. .AmigaDOS 3.0 users will appreciate Term 4.0’s Pen panel rendering pens. This control panel permits you to reverse the terminal colors by adapting the pens accordingly, while still retaining the correct appearance of the interface. Should something go wrong in loading or initializing the terminal-emulation library, Term switches back to the default “AN SI AH'” emulation. Full Arexx support with an included interface makes for smooth integration. Term 4.0, the most intuitive and user-friendly of these three programs, lets you get up and running in about two minutes. Just build a small phonebook w ith a couple of your favorite entries, save them, then reload the phonebook and dial. You’ll find Term
4. 0 comes bundled with the XPRZmodem file-transfer protocol a real time-saver, as you won’t have to search the nets in an attempt to retrieve it. Network Voice Numbers BIX 800 695-4882 617 354-4137 CompuServe 614 457-0802 800 848-8199 Delphi 800 695-4005 Genie 800 638-9636 Portal 408 973-9111 ¦ Write to “Prime-Time PD” c o AmigaWorld Editorial, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458; or contact Tim through the Internet at “email@example.com” ? Video ? Animation ? Multimedia ? Audio ? Education ? Sales frontiers mVmtliaH.il
r. tat mi W , The single-source digital video reference for PC Windows, Macintosh, Amiga and SiliconGraphics users. Get on the inside track of the digital revolution with Digital Video Magazine. Whether you're new to digital video or a seasoned pro, you'll find all the news, reviews, field-tests and tutorials you need to turbocharge your digital creations, increase your productivity and save a bundle! Get unbiased product tests and reviews ot’ the best new digital video products tor the PC Windows, Macintosh, Amiga and SiliconGraphics platforms. Get a privileged in-depth look at leading-edge digital video hardware an software. Practical tutorials, tips and hoi to’s help you get the most out of your digital video programs and equipment. M eacn issue or Bbrapft?* Digital Video Magazine you’ll find fascinating features on the full range of DTV:
• Non-linear editing software and systems • Video capture boards • 3-D graphics and special effects • Business multimedia presentations
• CD-ROM development • Digital animation recording • Video compression • Sound cards ... and more! Our up-to-date Buyers’ Guides for the latest in video and computer hardware and software save you time and money. VC C [ Please enter my one year (12 issues) subscription to Digital Video Magazine and bill me later at the 1 -L-'VJ ? Special low rate of $ 24-97. That’s a savings of over 47% off the regular newsstand rate! If at any time I’m not totally satisfied with Digital Video Magazine, I’m entitled to receive a full refund on all unmailed issues no questions asked. MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE If at any time during your Subscription you decide that Name: My primary platform is: (check only one) ? (P) PC Windows ? (M) Macintosh ? IA) Amiga ? (S) SiliconGraphics ? (0) OS 2 ? (Z) Other_ Company Name:. Address:_ City:_ doesn’t live up to your expectations, State: Zip:. ? (1) Business Sales Presentation D (2) Corporate Video ? (3) Education Training Systems ? (4) Multimedia Development you can get a complete refund on all unmailed issues no questions asked! ? (5) Animation
L) (6) Event Videography ? (Z) Other_ My primary interest is: (check onh one) Auow W foc*!, ofvourfcrm*. ForuisnorJeisnmfc, prepa’dtn L £. Fund, (rumu L> S t**. GmJ, $ 34.97 (indud«GST Mexico S 12.9 ; Foreign Airmail $ 4-97. A40SU Mail to Digital Video Magazine, P.O. Box 594, Mt. Morris, IL 61054 Or for faster service, call I-800-998-0806 or FAX 1-815-734'! 129 R E V E VertiSketch S-10 Digitizer 3-D digitizing system for LightWave. Blevins Enterprises, $ 3995. Not copy protected. Video Toaster LightWave- Accelerator compatible. Equipped Amiga. Installation: Easy.
2. 0 3.0 compatible. Minimum system: Video Toaster-equipped Amiga. Hard-drive installable. Recommended system: Same as minimum. Creating a highly detailed object, such as a human face, requires more time and skill than many 3-D artists possess. Digitizing systems help in this process, but until very recently they have been out of reach financially for most artists. Now, lower-cost units are appearing on die market. VertiSketch is a 3-D digitizing system that works in conjunction with LightWave. The system consists of a digitizing pen, a receiver, and an interface unit that connects everything to the computer. The VertiSketch works by using sound waves for object positioning to gather the 3-D information. Triggering a point with the pen generates a sound that is picked up by microphones on the receiver unit. That information is then transmitted to the computer. Bone image created with VertiSketch . Make Room For VertiSketch A large, clear area is needed for the triangle-shaped VertiSketch receiver unit, which is typically situated on a desk next to the computer or mounted on a nearby wall. The unit comes with feet that allow it to stand up on a desktop and then to be set aside when not in use. You’ll also need a sizable area in which to place the objects you want to digitize. Blevins Enterprises sells a ceiling-mounted receiver unit for digitizing large objects even a person, if you have enough time and patience. Installation of the VertiSketch unit involves plugging the interface into the serial port of the Amiga and connecting the digitizing pen and the receiver to the interface. After setting up the hardware, you install the software with the standard Commodore installation program, but you need to enter various parameters from tags attached to the digitizer pen and interface unit in order to properly calibrate the software. Unfortunately, my review unit did not have tags attached to it. Alter studying the documentation, I made a lucky, educated guess that turned out to be right. This seems to be an obvious oversight that could be easily corrected. Once the software is installed, you need to configure some portions of LightWave Modeler for VertiSketch use. The program is started via a Modeler macro, so you need to add this to the list of macros. VertiSketch uses several Modeler function keys that you must also set up, but these are quick and easy changes. After all of' this, you turn on VertiSketch by selecting the startup macro. Persistent Practice To digitize, you place the tip of the pen on the object, and a point is generated when you press the trigger on the pen or the triggering macro in Modeler. As you move the pen along the object, it identifies points that can later be connected to form polygons or splines, creating a complete model. A series of points can easily generate a motion path for an animation. To be sure, plenty of practice and disciplined work habits are necessary to get good results. Every- VertiSketch’s hardware: The controller, pen, and signal receiver, thing from object placement to the position of the digitizing pen affects the outcome. It isn’t easy: The system’s unfaltering accuracy makes it suprisingly tough at first to create just a simple straight line. VertiSketch’s manual is short and terse. A few tutorials deal with the basics, but it would be helpful to have a thorough tutorial covering the entire process of a fairly complicated digitizing exercise. Even better, Blevins should bundle a test object to make the exercise complete. The manual gives some good tips on digitizing, including ways to secure the model (using tape or a vise is helpful) and how to use graphics tape to apply a grid to the object so that you have a pattern to follow while digitizing. In the end, though, it’s practice with VertiSketch that yields the best results. VerdSketch clearly adds a powerful tool for 3-D artists. While you can’t master it overnight, it allows you to create realistic models and you can get it for about a third of the cost of digitizers made for other platforms! It is an excellent value, and I recommend it to anyone who has both the need and the time required to deal with its steep learning curve. Educational and entertaining astronomical software. Distant Suns 5.0 Virtual Reality Laboratories, S99.95. All Amigas. Not copy protected.
2. 0 3.0 compatible (requires AmigaDOS Accelerator compatible.
2. 04 or higher). Minimum system: 2MB RAM. Hard drive required. The latest iteration of Mike Smithwick’s astronomy program, Distant Suns 5 (DS5), introduces a sizable list of new features and improvements. Just as in earlier releases, 1)S5 lets you view an accurate representation of the heavens from a variety of locations on Earth, or you can choose other observation points, seeing the solar system as might an approaching alien visitor, for example. In addition to changing your viewing location, you can by choosing any time between 4713 BC Recommended system: AGA Amiga. And 10,000 AD get an accurate representation of the appearance of the heavens far into the past or years into the future. You can observe up to 10,000 stars and 2000 galaxies; in fact, Virtual Reality' Labs claims that the Distant Suns database can display up to 16 million stars if you possess the appropriate add-on disks. Using a convenient animation feature, you can also create your own animation files of the planets circling the sun, or recreate and Continued on p. 42. Brilliance 2.0 Digital Creations, $ 99 (upgrade, $ 49) All Amigas.
1. 3 2.0 3.0 compatible, Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. 2MB RAM required. AmigaDOS 2.0 or higher, 4MB RAM, hard drive, and accelerator recommended. Digital Creations listens to Amiga users. How do I know? Because the 2.0 update of Brilliance incorporates asked-for changes. Besides that, it offers useful new features and an attractive new price, making it one of the best buys in the market today not only the Amiga market, but Lite desktop-computer market as a whole. The Old and the New As before, the Brilliance package includes two programs. Brilliance, the register-based version, supports 2-256 colors, while TrueBrilliance supports HAM and truecolor, 24-bit images. The two programs are virtually identical except for some mode- specific features. TrueBrilliance does not support color cycling, for example, but Brilliance does. And whereas Brilliance loads 24-bit pictures but automatically converts them to fewer colors (depending on the mode you choose), TrueBrilliance lets you load and create true 24-bit images. The original Brilliance version used two forms of copy protection: a dongle (which is cumbersome and limits multitasking) and a serial-number passcode. Users everywhere complained. For those who refused to buy Brilliance 1.0 because of this, I have good news: release 2 is not dongle-protected. In fact, it has no copy protection at all. Nuovo Options Brilliance lets you create all sorts of graphics, from still pictures to animations for video or multimedia. The new release even includes an animation-presentadon mode that helps you put your animations to videotape in forward or reverse order at the click of a button. When the last frame is reached, the program displays it until you issue a command to end. Version 2.0 includes virtually all of the animation functions that you find in Electronic Art’s Deluxe- Paint, and more. The tweening menu (equivalent to Deluxe Paint’s move), for example, not only gives you more options, but also allows you to visually adjust your start and end brush positions visually, using a three-dimensional wireframe representation of your brush. Because tweening now allows you to load and save paths to disk, you can create generic paths to be used with any brush, and you can merge paths to create complex animations. Moreover, tweening now offers a multitude of keyboard shortcuts to soup up your animation process. The program gives you very precise control over your animations, and it uses common Amiga animation file formats. Even the standard animbrushes are fully supported. Release 2 includes the useful Flip Book function, which mimics the traditional flip-book technique used by animators. You can set your own frame limit, and Flip Book will automatically Hip through the next animation frames, forward or backward, allowing you to check your character’s movements and frame differences. Animation playback, by the way, is very smooth, and the program can switch between frames instantly, even when it’s not in animation-playback mode. TrueBrilliance has a new “magnify with true view” option that is handy. Usually, when you magnify a section of an image in HAM mode, you magnify not only the image but also the HAM artifacts that produce (ringing. With the true-view option, you can zoom in without seeing fringing and this aids in precise work. Another addition to Brilliance’s toolbox is Rub Thru, which lets you, while you’re painting, replace your present image with parts of whatever image is in the swap buffer. One of my favorite new features is the very good antialiasing tool. (I have used it very successfully, especially in conjunction with text, to avoid the jagged edges this type of software commonly produces.) I also like using the new grid option with the zoom tool. You can turn on a visual grid while greatly magnifying an area and still be able to distinguish every individual pixel for precise work. R’s, well...brilliant! And, it’s the new standard. Good Ol’ Features Users of Electronic Arts' DeluxePaint will find Brilliance very familiar: Most keyboard commands and shortcuts are the same. Therefore, moving from Dpaint to Brilliance is fast and intuitive; you will need to learn only the new features, not relearn ones with which you are familiar. This is invaluable because, believe me, Brilliance is a significantly more powerful program, and there are several new commands to learn, (Both sides of the 8.5 x 5.5-inch quick-reference card are filled with commands printed in seven- point type!) Brilliance lets you have multiple menus open simultaneously so you can control several things at once. While the menus can easily clutter the screen and obscure the image you are working on, they offer plenty of options and can be hidden instantly by pressing the FIG key. Pressing F9 hides all die menus but the main one. At first, the menu system felt a little strange, but I quickly got used to it and ended up liking it; the design is highly intuitive. Other little touches make life easier, especially for new users. As you position your cursor over the tool icons, for example, the tool function is displayed at the right of the screen. Color selection is also made very simple, and you can create and manipulate your palette in RGB, CMY, and HSL modes. The multiple-level undo function is priceless. In many paint programs, if you make a mistake and accidentally perform another function before you click on undo, you are out of luck; the undo clears only the last action. With Brilliance, you can press undo almost any number of times to clear previous operations; only your memory limits the number of levels to which you can go. So feci free to experiment with your graphics getting back to the original is just a lew clicks away. Lasting Impressions One major thing I wanted that this update left out was a "light table” or “onion skin" mode. The lack of this feature makes character animation more difficult, as BRILLIANCE IMAGE BY RAUL NICOLAI Amiga World 13 September 1993 (AW9309) October 1993 (AW9310) November 1993 (AW9311) December1993 (AW9312) January 1994 (AW9401) February 1994 (AW9402) March '1994 (AW 9403) April 1994 (AW 9404) May 1994 (AW 9405) (AW9301) (AW9302) (AW9303) (AW9304) (AW9305) (AW9306) (AW9307) (AW9308) JUNE 1994 MasterVideo with 10 Edit Systems for your Amiga. Image Compression Send me back issues x $ 3.95 Canadian residents add 7% GST Postage & handling:
U. S. orders $ 1.50 each issue Canadian foreign surface $ 2.00 each Foreign air mail $ 4.50 each issue Total Enclosed S. S. S. S. $ . S. MAY 1994 Super Color Graphics with New 24- Bit Display Boards. Color Printers - 4 new models for under $ 100 Prepayment required. Checks in U.S. funds, drawn on U.S. bank. Visa, MasterCard American Express, Quantrties limited, Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. J CREDIT CARD NUMBER i _ t SIGNATURE I EXP DATE I NAME I _ t ADDRESS t I CITY STATE ZIP many illustrations, tutorials, and an index (which should be a must, but is not found in many manuals). The 2.0 addendum explains the new features and lists changes and corrections to the version 1.0 manual. Thanks to added features, reduced price, and the elimination of the dongle, Brilliance 2.0 has become my favorite paint and animation workhorse, replacing DeluxePaint for everyday use. I see Brilliance 2.0 as a perfect upgrade for Dpaint users. It is just as easy to use, offers more and better features (except that it lacks DpainPs light-table function), and it lets you paint in true 24-bit. And like NewTek’s ToasterPaint, True- Brilliance lets you paint in real time in HAM mode while your images are processed internally in 24-bits. TrueBrilliance, however, gives you many more tools than ToasterPaint. Finally, Brilliance 2.0 compares favorably with graphics software on other platforms, offering more advanced features for far less cost. I highly recommend Brilliance 2.0, whether you are serious about graphics and animation or just want to have a little fun. If you can afford only one paint program for the Amiga (or for any computer), this is the one to buy. ¦ Paulo de Andrade is president of Digital Reality, an animation video production company in Seattle. Write to him c o AmigaWorld, Editorial Dept., 80 Elm St., PO Box 802, Peterborough, A77 03458-0802. APRIL 1994 JULY 1994 Which Platform is the Best Buy lma9e Pr°ce,? Fnsj 'J°P,„
- Amiga, PC or MAC Pr°9ramS G° Head 2 Head for credit card orders call: 1-603-924-0362 Or, write your issue selections here and mail to address below. Please use issue codes. Please send me the following issues: AUGUST 1994 Multimedia Made Easy. "Sound" Advice for Adding Music SEPTEMBER 1994 The Marvels of Amiga 3-D June 1994 (AW 9406) July 1994 (AW 9407) August 1994 (AW 9408) September 1994(AW9409) For issues published prior to January 1993, Call (603)924-0362 for availably FEBRUARY 1994 Over 100 products featured for your A4000 A1200 AmigaWorld Back Issues 80 Elm Street, PO Box 802, Peterborough, NH 03458 A40BI HELP! COMMODORE’S GONE! Are we orphans? Is it time to panic? Vzv-A No! Stop and consider the situa- * 7 '3i tion. You already have an Amiga, ) so the fact that Commodore’s not making new ones won’t rjm affect that. You might want to expand, but how many of the peripherals you’ve pur- jfel chased so far actually have the Commodore label on J&bSy f them? Darned few, I bet. And you probably use little Com- modore-labeled software. So what was it we needed Commodore around for, anyway? Seriously, of course it would be better if Commodore were still alive to manufacture y(u u r Amigas, build spare parts, update the oper- Amws ating system, and attract new users. But a My even if not a single new .Amiga is ever made MXWy again, there are already nearly five million L ervrrrn of the machines out there, and with a market that big, we should have hardware and software support for years to come. Still, things go wrong, and it’s good to know where to turn when you have problems, so let’s take a look at some of the support options still available to Amiga owners. (To locate the companies mentioned in this article, see the “Manufacturers’ Distributors' Addresses’' list on p. 60.) Hard Days in the Commodore Night Probably your biggest worry is what to do if you have a hardware failure. Commodore itself didn’t actually do repair work on Amigas under warranty; instead, the company had a contract with the Service Management Group (SMG), a Maryland corporation wholly independent of Commodore. Soon after CBM filed for liquidation, SMG sent out a press release confirming that it was doing business as usual and that it would continue to sell parts and provide service for Commodore products. ¦ nV SMG offers an extended-warranty ser- m; l Jhi. V'ce contract called ProCare (formerly I nJ UK known as Gold Service). SMC’s Rick Stein r confirms that all current ProCare con- jjfJIJuny tracts are being honored, and the corn- J pany is even continuing to sign up new Wfmllur users. As long as your Amiga is in working condition, you can sign up for ProCare. To find out more about it, contact SMG. Warranty coverage is more problematic, SMG administers Commodore’s warranty ser- mw ~ vice, but doesn’t itself perforin the wairanty- covered work. Instead, dealers do the repairs, getting parts through SMG and then being issued credit from Commodore for the work. Stein says that due to the current liquidation proceedings, Commodore is, of course, no longer issuing credits. Dealers can still get most parts from SMG, but for the time being they’re having to absorb the expense of the warranty work themselves. Ir*TY What this boils down to is dial if you're ' purchasing a new .Amiga, you should make sure your dealership explains its warranty commitment and its ability to repair machines. If possible, get your dealer to rO put the warranty policy in writing. C ’ ’ If your Amiga is out of warranty and you don’t have a local dealer, or Yy Jr your dealer can’t fix your problem, you can contact SMG’s repair depot. If it’s a repairable problem, you’ll probably be able to send the machine to SMG to have it Fixed. Parts of the Problem Unfortunately, all Amiga failures may not be easy to repair, especially if you own a newer machine. Amigas use a number of custom microchips such as Alice, Lisa, Agnus, Denise, and the 8520 CLA chips that aren’t used in other computers. With ? By Denny Atkin S 0 U R C E S OF HELP Commodore in limbo, these chips are no longer being produced, so replacement chips will eventually run out. The situation is most dire for the Amiga 600, 1200, and 4000, for these machines use surface-mounted parts that aren’t socketed, so repairing them is difficult. Standard procedure in the computer industry is simply to replace the entire board that has a failed surface-mounted part. Such boards can be repaired, but special equipment is required to do the job. Some may wonder what parts they should consider stocking up on in case of trouble. Actually, if you have an older Amiga, your best bet is probably just to buy a second computer. With used A500s going for under $ 100 and bare A2000s reselling for $ 300 or less, it’s more economical to purchase a back-up machine that you can cannibalize for everything from a processor chip to a floppy drive. The most failure-prone chips on classic Amigas are the 8520 CIA chips that control the I O ports, so if you don’t choose to pick up a spare machine, getting a pair of 8520s would be a good idea. Note, also, that many parts are interchangeable between the A500 and A2000, so if you have an A2000, a used A500 will give you a complete set of custom graphics chips, 8520s, and other assorted spares. Buying spare chips isn’t an option for owners of Amiga 600, 1200, or 4000 machines, which all have motherboards packed with surface-mounted, instead of socketed, parts. If your computer is vital to your business, you should seriously consider picking up a second machine, just in case. Sources of Support What if you’re having problems with some software you’ve purchased, or you’re not sure how to hook a CD-ROM drive to your Amiga? Of course, your best bet is to contact your local dealer if you have one. Failing that, a wide variety of support options is available to help you with questions both simple and obscure. SMG has a rather expensive option that might be justified in a crisis. The company offers general Amiga technical support for S10 for the first minute and $ 1.50 per additional minute at 900 740-8764. Ifyou’re having a configuration or hardware problem and you need an urgent answer, this might be worth the cost. Of course, all the third-party software and hardware companies that support the Amiga didn’t go “poof' the day Commodore filed for liquidation. .Although a few notable Amiga companies such as New Horizons have shut down recently, most are still doing business as usual and have publically stated that they plan to continue supporting the Amiga as long as there’s a demand. Even those companies that have stopped developing new Amiga products, such as Gold Disk, still offer technical support for their products. When 1 sent a note around the online networks announcing that 1 was working on this article, a number of companies posted notes reaffirming their commitment to continued support and development for the .Amiga. These include Advanced Systems and Software, Black Belt Systems, The Blue Ribbon Sound- Works, CSA, Centaur, Digital Creations, DKB, Intangible Assets Manufacturing, Itchycoo Productions, MacroSystem Development, MegageM, Nova Design, OIC, Prolific, Scala, Sofl-Logik, Utilities Unlimited, and Virtual Reality Laboratories. Of course, there are dozens of other Amiga companies out there offering support for their products. Some of the best support you’ll ever find, though, coines from other enthusiastic Amiga users. Online networks and Amiga users’ groups are the first places I look when I have a question. Tune in, Log on With a modem and appropriate software, you can tie into local bulletin-board systems or national online services and get help for your Amiga problems from helpful users in your own hometown or all over the world. You'll also be able to download programs such as disk-repair utilities and system-diagnostic software that may help you out of a jam. The least expensive option is to log on to a local bulletin board. These are usually free, although many reasonably ask for a small donation to help pay for equipment, software, and phone-line rental. Local bulletin boards used to be places where you’d find help only from local-area users and a few long-distance callers. Nowadays, though, many are tied into national relay networks, such as the Fidonet, which are read by thousands of Amiga users. Another good bet if you can find a local-access provider is the Internet. There are a number of Amiga- specific newsgroups (message bases, in Internet lingo) such as comp.- sys.amiga.- ha rd ware, comp.sys.- a mi ga. Productivity, and comp.sys.amiga.- emulations. Beware, though, for it is sometimes difficult to ferret out the information hidden between the arguments and flame wars. Still, with hundreds of thousands of readers worldwide, the Internet is a great place to find help for even the most obscure problems. You can even get live troubleshooting on the Amiga channel ? $ $ Allows the use of DCTV with standard RGB monitors ;;»V (1084) in standard NTSC or PAL modes Also permits the use of external genlocks like our SupcrGcn. RGB Converter 1$ LOO § Copy Protection $ 199. STILL THE BEST GRAPHIC BUY! Create spectacular true color animations on your Amiga. Paint, digitize and display beautiful full color composite video images on any Amiga. * Capture an image in 1(1 seconds from any color video camera or stable video source.
* Full-featured paint, digitize and conversion software included. • Compatible with AGA 1200 and 4000 Amigas in NTSC PAL modes. Two to four times the speed of AGA animations (DCTV vs. HAM8) with greater color and resolution. Compatible with all popular 3D, rendering, and graphics packages including; AD-Pro, Aladdin 4D. AmigaVision, Brilliance, Calligari. Cinemorph, Dravv4D. ImageMasler, Imagine. LightWave, MorphPlus, Real 3D, Scala. Scenery Animator. Sculpt, VistaPro. And many others... DCTV (NTSC or PAL) $ 299.00 RGB CONVERTER ANNOUNCING BRILLIANCE VERSION 2.0 % Version 2.0 of Brilliance has been designed with . Productivity in mind, Several new features enhance (his • ‘ already powerful program. Features like Flip Frames that F , allows the animator to flip through drawings. Rub Thru that
• j makes compositing easier. Land and Save Tween paths ¦' yt . R- enabling much longer and repeatable brush moves. Faster A* and more accurate Tweening. True View option for
• magnification, And much, much more. 5$ Brilliance! The best just got better! I MW NOW! S I Without H0T NEW PRICE f Brilliance 2.0 -i $ 99.00 $ Upgrade 1.0 t > 2.0 $ 49.00 S' ProfOMional l*mn! 6 Animolron aoim INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY! Video Slot Box SuperGen X [ S-VIDEO AND COMPOSITE GENLOCK & OVERLAY SYSTEMS SuperGen SX
* Only broadcast quality S-Video genlock for less than SI000
* AGA compatible. Compatible with all Amiga models
* Two independent dissolve controls
* Software controllable
* Notch filter SuperGen SX $ 749.00 SuperGen 2IMI0S
* Broadcast Quality
* For A2000 only - internal
* Built-in Proc-amp
* S-Video and Composite Input & Output SuperGen 2000s $ 1195.00 The Kifthen SyiM' The Kitchen Sync provides two channels of lime base correction - the perfect low cost TBC solution for the Video Toaster™. With a Video Toaster, the Kitchen Sync provides a complete A B roll editing system. Two complete infinite window time base correctors on one IBM AT Amiga compatible card • Absolute I009t broadcast quality * Composite or Y C video in * Includes easy to use external control panel « No waveform monitor needed * Variable speed strobe • Freeze Frame, two rock-solid Freeze Fields • Low power consumption * Lowest TBC price per channel • Works with consumer grade VCRs Two Complete Time Base Correctors On One Card! Kitchen Sync $ 1295.00 Genlock Option Required to synchronize the Kitchen Sync to an external video source. Genlock Option $ 150.00 S-VHS Option Required to enable S-VHS Hi-8 (Y C) video outputs. S-VHS Option $ 150.00
2. 0 Texture 1,2 One Plus
1. 1 One
2. 01 Manufacturer Blue Ribbon Dr. Ts Hollyware Sound- Diemer Oregon Dr. T's Oregon SoundWorks Quest Research Research List Price $ 429 $ 399 $ 199.95 $ 225 $ 139.95 $ 99.95 $ 99 $ 39.95 GENERAL SPECS Architecture L US S P P L L L Tracks dynamic 48 255 24 32 32 12 32 Track Solo • • • • • a Track Mute • * a • • • a * Track Group • • a Steps Per Beat 192 1-384 192 48-192 192 192 1-384 192 MIDI Clocks • • • a a a • MTC * • • Direct SMPTE '(opt) '(opt)
• (opt) Multi Ports a • Locators four six loops four 16 32 one loop 32 Auto Punch • * * • a Loop Recording ¦ • • a • a a a Step Recording • • • a a a a Tempo Range 10-350 10-999 10-300 20-250 20-600 28-320 16-240 30-240 Tempo Tap * SMF Rles '(»xt) »
• (ext) a a • • SysEx a • • • a MIDI Remote Ctrl 3
• 5 Keyboard Shortcuts • *s .5
• 5 a a • • EDITING FEATURES Notation Display e
• (opt) Mext) Notation Editing a
• (opt) Hybrid Display e
• (ext) • a • • Graphic Cntrl Ed. •
• (ext) • a • Event List • • • • MIDI Mixer a
• (ext) SysEx Librarian '(opt)
• (opt) •
• (opt) Patch Mapping e
• (ext) • • Drum Mapping • Mext) • AMIGA-SPECIFIC FEATURES Amiga IFF Audio '(opt) * * SMUS *(ext) '(ext) Arexx * • Screen Custom Custom Custom Vertical Res. 200 400 200 200 Window Based • Menus • • • Prog. Colors • * • Copy Protected HD Install Script • • Min. OS version 1.3 1.3 1.37 Custom 200 Custom 200 WorkB variable Custom 200 Custom 200
1. 3 LEGEND L = Linear-based P = Pattern-based S = Sequence (non linear)-based ext = external standard feature (e.g., MPE module [Dr. T's], Accessory [Blue Ribbon]) opt = optional feature (extra cost) dynamic = as many as memory permits 1 = via mouse clicks 2 = export only 3 = moderate 4 = fixed assigments 5 = extensive 6 = with some graphic features, such as note symbols 7 = some included utilities (e.g., SMF, SMUS converters) require 2.0 leaving you at the mere)' of their autolocators and cut- and-paste functions to arrange your song in linear fashion. Fix It in the Mix Cutting and pasting music? That’s exactly one of the great advantages of MIDI sequencing over multitrack tape allowing you to easily fix an offending note or tighten up a sloppy phrase, while leaving intact an otherwise excellent performance. B&P offers the widest variety of editors and is the only program to offer integrated staff editing of standard music notation. Music- X and KCS interface, respectively, with Nota- tor-X (bundled with Music-X 2.0) and Dr. TV optional Copyist ($ 149) both of which are dedicated notation programs to offer you the same functionality via integrated transfer routines. Traditional music notation, however, is actually quite limited when it comes to MIDI data, because there is no provision for displaying precise note attack times, durations, and velocity let alone nonlinear pitch bends. Unlike music notation, which leaves the performer considerable freedom for interpretation, MIDI data is the exact record of such a performance. For these reasons, computer-literate musicians have long favored alternative hybrid systems. They are called hybrid because, like standard 4 4 . Music notation, they usually plot data in a two-dimensional time-and-frequency grid, while also conveying additional information, such as note length and velocity. The frequency axis normally shows a piano keyboard rotated 90 degrees. Notes are drawn as bars along the time axis, where the bar’s vertical position corresponds to a key on the graphic keyboard and its length coincides with the note’s duration. Most Amiga sequencers have such an editor. I like the “Diamond Drag” editor in Sequencer One Plus the best, because it allows you to quickly edit any note attribute. I also like Music-X’s graphic editor, which makes excellent use of color as a visual cue. And while none of its individual editors are outstanding, R&P gives new meaning to the concept that “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts” by integrating every common type of display into a single window! Having standard musical-notation time aligned with controller information, piano rolls, and so forth more than makes up for the fact that it can be a bit cumbersome to maneuver around. However, when you want to get down to nuts and bolts and edit the actual numerical MIDI data, you use an event-list editor, Music-X and KCS have similar displays, neither of which is geared toward fast data entry with the mouse. Sequel’s editor is more mouse friendly, and it has a little twist: It displays note lengths as graphic note symbols, hence its name, Notationlist. But I prefer B&P’s no-frills event editor for simple tweaks, because it allows you simply to click on a value and drag the mouse up or down to change it. Abundant Processing Power Besides editing events by hand, there is another way of tweaking data: automated processing. This opens up another dimension in event editing. Applying recurring processes, ranging from simple additions to complex mathematical formulas, is a piece of cake for the .Amiga, even in real time. Basic processing functions such as quantize and transpose are supported by all sequencers. But when it comes to more advanced features, B&P and KCS lead the pack. The most unique aspect of B&P is its graphic pipeline architecture with its ever-expanding collection of tools that can process in real time or permanently edit (“toolize”) data. Blue Ribbon offers several add-on products, each providing tools in addition to those that come with B&P. You can purchase the Creativity Kit ($ 69.95), Internal Sounds Kit ($ 59.95), Performance Tools Kit ($ 69.95), Power Tools Kit ($ 69.95), and Pro Studio Kit ($ 69.95). Quite a few B&P tools were written by third-party programmers, which is not surprising when you consider that Rules For Tools ($ 59.95) gives you all the information you need to write your own tools in C language. KCS may lack the visual flash of B&P, but it’s chock- full of power features. KCS's claim to fame lies in its Master Editor and Programmable Variations Generator, which are still unmatched in the industry for their processing capabilities (and are complex enough to deserve a separate article). In a nutshell, you can create, tweak, and delete data in myriad ways based on a complex set of variables that you define. One of my favorite KCS tricks is to create a list of drum-fill sequences from which the program randomly picks one at predetermined times from within another (control) sequence. This is a great way to lend a song some of the spontaneity of a live performance while maintaining complete control over the phrasing repertoire. Music-X’s processing capabilities are no match for those of KCS or B&P, but the program's Arexx features do open up a welcome back door. You can write your own scripts to add, delete, and modify events. Music-X even allows you to build entire user-interface requesters on its screen to get user input and to display variables. I love this feature! (While you can’t use Arexx to do the latter with Bars&Pipes, the program does implement the “ARexx Command Set For MIDI Sequencers” that I proposed in the Jul. Aug. ’90 issue of Amiga Mail.) One of the unique aspects of the Amiga is Arexx, and with it you can already do things with B&P and Music-X that are impossible on other platforms. Sync Me Up Thanks to its power and convenience, you can get quite ? Standard Amiga 1200 Rendering Time: 1 Hour 18 Minutes Step Wasting Time! Amiga 1 200 with Paravision XA 50 50 Rendering Time 8 Minutes miga Warehouse and Paravision announce special factory incentives n their family of the fastest accelerators in the world for the Amiga 200! Special pricing available for 50 Mhz speeds also! The Paravision 1230XA 33 33. "or this one time blow-out price: $ 219.00 )e!ivered to your door by Federal Express FREE! Order Now. Stock is extremely limited: Call Now (800) 258-0533 Paravision, Inc. 500 East Arapaho, Suite 104 Richardson, TX 75024 attached to doing all your work on your sequencer. But you still need a multitrack tape deck to lay down lead vocals, electric guitar, or a burning saxophone solo. You also need a way to slave (synchronize) the Amiga to your multitrack (master). This is accomplished by a device that converts some form of tape-sync code (FSK or SMPTE) to MIDI clocks or MTC (MIDI Time Code), which can then be read by the Amiga to follow the tape. Blue Ribbon offers Sync Pro (SI99), which will work with any sequencer that supports MIDI clocks or MTC. B&P also supports Dr. TV now-discontinued Phantom SMPTE interface, which was designed to work exclusively with KCS. Music- X can also lock direcdy to SMPTE if you can get hold of the TCRG (Time Code Reader and Generator) from the now- defunct Micro Illusions company. I Need More Voices! Suppose you write only instrumental music and have no need for a multitrack and sync device. Well, if that is the case, there is yet another hardware addon you may consider. As MIDI has come of age, there are times when it’s clear that having only 16 MID! Channels simply does not cut it. Most contemporary MIDI tone generators are multitimbral, which means that they can respond to more than one and often to all 16 channels at once. Many musicians literally own entire arsenals of these “orchestras in a box." Both B&P and Music-X address this bottleneck by supporting extra MIDI ports in addition to the .Amiga’s internal serial port. Add three ports to B&P via Blue Ribbon’s Triple Play Plus (SI79), one more (three with an upgrade) via the same company’s One- Stop Music Shop ($ 649), and two more with Serial Solution (Checkpoint Technology, but it is no longer available). Music-X also supports the latter two products, as well as Passport Design’s now-discontinued MIDI Transport. Another option for getting more voices is Blue Ribbon’s One-Stop Music Shop, a general MIDI-compatible EMU Proteus tone generator with integrated MIDI interface on one card. (This requires an .Amiga with Zorro-II expansion card slots an A2000, A3000, or A4000.) Naturally, the card’s sounds can be triggered directly by all Blue Ribbon products, but you can also use it like any MIDI tone generator by connecting your MIDI interface’s out port to the One- Stop's MIDI in. Escape Hatch Unlocked More playback devices lead to more sounds, which are begging to be edited and. As their numbers grow, to be managed. This leads us to system-exclusive messages (sysex), MIDI’s escape hatch to support device- specific information. Most of the sequencers reviewed here support real-time record and playback of small sysex messages. But when it comes to managing larger messages, such as preset data dumps, you’ll need a universal librarian. Blue Ribbon's PatchMeister ($ 99) does just that and smoothly integrates with B&P. Dr. T’s’ X-OR ($ 325) covers the same ground and also provides dozens of editors. This excellent universal editor librarian runs stand-alone or integrated with KCS. When they are run concurrently, you can even record your edits right into KCS. This round, however, goes to Music-X for simply incorporating a librarian, complete with protocol editor, right into the main program along with editor modules for D-50, TX-81Z, and DX-100 synthesizers. Jack of All Trades Of course, no discussion about additional voices would be complete without mentioning the Amiga itself. While its four 8-bit audio channels are no match for even the least expensive MIDI tone generators in polyphony or sound quality, they do offer free sampling capabilities. Optional sample libraries are readily available, often with surprisingly useful samples converted from professional 16-bit MIDI samplers. From its obvious use as a metronome to an electric bass my personal favorite, for the Amiga has a great bottom end this feature is supported by all the sequencers in this review except Texture. While the Amiga has always been well supported with excellent 8-bit products, the last few years have seen a proliferation of professional-quality 12- and 16-bit samplers and editors. Finale As you can see, sequencing options on the Amiga are plentiful. Linear sequencers, in particular, are very well represented. On the high end, Blue Ribbon’s integrated product line covers all the bases. On the other end of the price spectrum, Sequencer One offers great value for the money. For a nonlinear sequencer, I recommend KCS Level II, with the reservations outlined earlier. The two available pattern- oriented sequencers, Sequel and Texture, are okay for entry- to medium-level sequencing needs. But needs and tastes vary, and vou’re free to take 1 J your pick from the “Big League Champs’’ (Bars&Pipes Pro, KCS, and Music-X) or the “Little League Players’’ (Sequencer One One Plus, Texture, Sequel, and Tiger Cub) to get into the ball game. The good news is that no matter what your budget is or what architecture you prefer, there is a MIDI sequencer available for your Amiga today! ¦ Darius Tagkavy is a former Commodore and Ensoniq software engineer, a multi-instrumentalist songyvriter performer with 17 years’ experience, and a free-lance contributor to many computer and music magazines. Write to him c o Amiga World. Editorial Dept., PO Box 802, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458-0802. Video in Focus PRACTICAL ADVICE FOR AMIGA VIDEO PRODUCERS Breaking In To the Industry In this time of vanishing job security, many people want to be, or are forced into being, in business for themselves. Of the many businesses you can open, video production is one of the least expensive, thanks to the desktop revolution. Less than $ 10,000 gets you the basic equipment you need for acquisition and post-production. (You already own a very important component an Amiga.) While $ 10,000 will not put you in direct competition with the fancy broad- cast-qualitv studio downtown, it will get you started making money. More than that may enable you to steal business from the big guys. Video production is also promising for those who would rather work for somebody else than worry about running their own business. The proposed 500 television channels will certainly open up some jobs, and independent production and postproduction facilities may also need help. And many companies are starting to use video in games and multimedia applications. Get Trained The biggest mistake many people make when they open their video business is not getting proper training. 'Hie fact that your friends rave about the wedding video you did for uncle Bob does not mean you are ready to charge for your services. You must learn technique, aesthetics, the proper use of equipment, scriptwriting, and more. But most important, you must learn the “language*’ of video. I am not talking about jargon, but rather the visual language that allows you to tell a stoiy using pictures. If you want to be successful in this industry, 7 you must use that language to portray emotion to make people cry while watching a drama, or to get them laughing even when they feel lousy. Many people do nut consider training because there really are no education requirements to get started in this industry. Most people in television have learned as diey worked their way up. Not long ago, very few places offered education in television and 111m, let alone computer graphics. But today good instruction is easy to find and should be skipped only in extreme cases. Those in business for themselves should definitely seek it. What you need is a strong foundation on which you can develop your career. The best place to Find this is at film and television production schools such as Columbia College in Hollywood. These facilities often offer degrees and provide the equipment necessary for all kinds of projects: multi- pi e-camera television production studios, film sound stages, film and video post- production equipment, audio gear, and all types of cameras. Most of the teachers are industry pros who love what they do and enjoy sharing their knowledge. You learn the necessarv theory, but spend most of your time practicing. You can try all aspects of production, from camera work to lighting, and from video engineering to film design. The knowledge you acquire at such a school takes years to learn on the job. (A major university can also give you a great education, but it will be far more expensive.) The next best bet for training is a good community college. .As the price of video-production equipment drops, more community colleges are becoming equipped with very nice gear. Most of these have well-set production studios and several post-procluction suites to provide the students with good hands-on experience. In the greater Seattle area, Bellevue Community College has both a well-equipped studio and a cable-television channel. Those who don’t have time for these options can seek other alternatives. Most major universities offer extension courses in television and film production. In just a few weeks you can complete one or more courses on the basics. Community colleges also offer production courses in their adult-education programs. If you cannot pursue any of these paths, at least take a public access-channel production course at a cable- television company. It will not likely be much, but it will give you some exposure to production techniques. Getting In A good education does not guarantee you a great first job; it’s still true that experience weighs more than education. Lest vou think this is a good reason to skip the training, bear in mind that you will move ahead faster if you know what you’re doing. Working for a television station, network, or production company may give you the best experience; it’s no wonder big names such as Woody .Allen and Mel Brooks started there. TV work forces you to meet tight schedules while producing superior technical and production quality. Seasoned TV7 pros work very fast and achieve results that take others much longer. If there is a TV station in your area, tty to get hired no matter what the job. Mai 1-room jobs are typical entry-level positions. While such work has nothing to do with production, it does enable you to get acquainted with virtually eveiy department at the station. It also gives you the chance to make friends in departments you might want to join, and to discuss your experience and goals with peers and superiors. Television jobs are seldom advertised outside the station; most are made available to insiders. You’ve probably never seen an ad in the paper for a TV news videotape editor; the person who got that job started in the mail room and progressed to editor’s assistant. If you want to make video production your career, take it seriously. Fancy equipment is not a panacea. But with proper education and experience, you can succeed in this exciting field. ¦ Paulo de Andrade is president of Digital Reality, an Amiga- based broadcast-video and 3-D animation company in Seattle. Write to him c o AmigaWorld, Editorial Dept., 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458. AD-1970 Manufacured by CTX Do you have an A500 or A2000 and wish you could have a flicker free Workbench? Maybe run your word processor, PageStream or spreadsheet without getting a headache!! Well, if you have the complete ECS chipset [2.04 ROM & Super DENISE), you can with this monitor! Set your Preferences for Productivity Mode and presto chango- no more flicker! All you will need is a Video Adapter 4727 free w purchase. This is the cheapest flicker fixer ever!!
• Multi-session PhotoCD, SCSI, XA compatible • 300KB sec. Transfers, 320ms access, 64KB buffer
• Line & Headphone outputs for audio Cds
• Tray-loading (caddy-less)
- ':r; $ 95 279 Titles included with purchase of CD-ROM ASIM 2.0 CD-ROM Driver (O.E.MJ Gold Fish Double CD-ROM Texture Heaven CD-ROM 5846 NEC CDR-210 Internal CD-ROM Drive w software bundle $ J 9995 14" Phillips tube .28mm dot pitch Full OverScanning [no black borders) Supports all new modes (including sup*r 7aj 30-Day Money Back Guarantee $ 489» 5847 HURRY!!! Bafch Factory Batch processing for AdPro, Image FX, ImaqerMaster R T, CED, Final Writer, Morph plus, OpalPaint, Pro Page, PageStream 3, PAR board, AmigaDOS Create animations from individual frames, convert images from one format to another, create storyboards, composite images together, print images & text files to EPS files, run multiple scripts at one, process while rendering in the background!! This has over 350 scripts and a very simple interface. $ Q95 Surface Pro for LightWave - 60 seamless textures (take up only 200k each). S599S Introducing the MediaVision CDR-MV2 CD-ROM Drive*
• SCSI-based drive
• No caddy required! T
• Single-speed operation
• Comes with cable, SCSI terminator , and power supply £
• One-year warranty y
* NEC® CDR-25 Mechanism 95 5719 5866 4072 5810 Titles included with purchase of CD-ROM ASIM 2.0 CD-ROM Driver (O.E.M.) Gold Fish Double CD-RO* j Texture Heaven CD-ROM | Transporter v.2 .‘98w Digital Sound Track '43” Road Signs - so ugni for U9htwcv.,431'1 Pro Textures Combo Collection . '49*1 5270 5723 Desktop Magic MediaDesk AMIGA SCREEN SAVER & SYSTEM SOUND MANAGER
• 32 customizable screen modules
• 84 dazzling sound effects & 4 riveting 8-track stereo soundtracks.
• Create personalized screen savers by importing IFF's & Anim and assigning a sound effect or soundtrack to mem.
• Assign sounds to windows, keys,events, text strings and time. Now your Amiga can tell you its done formoling or copying a disk, installing software and when to leave for lunch! Compatible with all Amigas, 1.3 thru 3.1 Operating systems. Includes support for all graphic boards. Nova Designs Cinemorph With any purchase from Creative Computers get Cinemorph - Full Version. The easiest morphing package on the Amiga! Support HAM-E, DCTV, AGA, IV24, Animation support. £ 95 - vw 4391 ~ ~ : ¦¦BHH 1 ORDER HOTLINE 800-872-8882 Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri from to 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm (PST) Order Status 310-787-4520 Mon. - Fri 8am to 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm 5798 5799 5863 4377 5845 5269 5129 5130 5616 5864 5865 5294 5726 5727 5018 , $ 95 $ 8995, 5848
35. 00 ..-..36.95 5316 5453 5782 5342 5273
19. 95 ..... 19.95
19. 95 5499 it 63205 5502 5498 5814 Froze. Fish 1-1000 BBS-ready CD-ROM
* 19” | 5870 »19« 5849 5709
• 19” 5710 DESKTOP PUBLISHING 5380 FARGO PRIMERA COLOR PRINTER 110V 757,95 5457 FARGO PRIMERA COLOR PRINTER 220V 699.95 PRIMERAPRO COLOR 600 X 300 DPI U 1599.95 5699 MIGRAPH MS1200 FLATBED SCANNER... 889.95 5700 MIGRAPH MS2400 FLATBED SCANNER . 1097.95 4978 I STUDIO PRINTER SOFTWARE .55.95 CALL" STUOIODS PRINTER SOFTWARE W FARGO DYE SUBUMAHON 24 BU DRIVER129.95 WITH PURCHASE OF A FARGO PfifNTER.. 99.95 5808 SUPER DJ C3 ___ .. 38.99 WORD PROCESSING 5400 FINAL WRITER RELEASE 2. __119.95 4469 FINAL COPY II RELEASE 2..... _ 68.95 4701 PROPER GRAMMAR II 54.95 MICE TRACKBALL 3741 MIC RAD SWIFTY 300 DPI 3 BUTTON MOUSE25.95 5407 ALPHA DATA OPTICAL PEN MSE 300 DPI „ 58.99 Nova Designs Image FX vl .5 Complete painting tools, real-time WYSIWYG preview, alpha channel, regionalized processing, edge feathering, brushes RGB masking, and more! An image composition program tfiat takes control of ToasterPaint. Allows you > to quickly and easily arrange framestores or IFFs. Perfect for CG pages, multimedia and video. Use one of 40 predefined templates or create custom beveled bars. Allows you to batch process your finished framestores and IFFs in unlimited numbers. Includes FREE QuiekBrush - Over 100 custom high-res 24-Br'f brushes - a $ 69 $ 13495 Dimension Technologies Composite Studio
* 219* 5794 5777 FREE EGS ImageFX vl.5 & Tutoriaf Video CD-ROM TITLES MIRCOR RAD CO-ROM VOLUME 1 _55.95 MICRO RAD CD-ROM VOLUME 2 NATURES BACKDROPS ENTIRE 6 VOLUME COLLECTION 24BIT WOODS, PAPER,MARBLE.METAL.VERY NICE!!! IF.TIFF,GIF,JPEG FORMATS PLUS BONUS BRUSHES
55. 95 MICRO RAD CD-ROM VOLUME 3 ...19.95 TEXTURE CITY CD-ROM AMIGA ,PC, MAC 59,95 QWIKFORMS CDROM W FONTS A CLIPART..... PAGESTREAM FORMS A LAYOUTS.5300 CLIP ART IMAGES 550 TYPE 1 FONTS,EPS FILES.INCLUDES MANUAL WITH VISUAL REPRESENTATIONS OF FONTS A ARTWORK
39. 95 CUP ART WAREHOUSE ___19.95 AUDIO RESOURCE UBRARY 22.95 GRAPHICS RESOURCE UBRARY 22.95 SYNDESIS 30-R0M VOL 1 _95.95 SYNDESIS 30-R0M VOL 2 _95.95 AVALON INTERNET OBJECT COLLECTION 39.95 MEGA MEDIA 23.95 MEGA MEDIA II ..23.95 SUPERFONTS OVER 1000 TYPE I POSTSCRIPT FONTS 19.95 ULTIMATE MOD COLLECTION .20.95 MaxDOS Version 2.0 Easy Mac Amiga File Transfers Software solution to transparently access Apple Macintosh files. Read and write to any High density floppy (on Amiga5 with high density drives}, hard drives, removable media and even CD-ROM drives (read only). Includes MaxDOS Mounter, a simple-to-use program that will search a specific SCSI drive for Mac, Emplont or A-Max partitions and mount them immediately or create custom files which will allow easy mounting automatically every time you boot. SPACE A ASTRONOMY CD-ROM- SUPER SPACE CDROM, ELYSIAN ARCHIVES.. PROJECT GUTENBURG NEW VERSION... 19.95 CD-ROM DRIVES NEC 3XP MULTISPIN CDROM BUNDLE ASIM V2.0 OEM,GOLD FISH 2CD'S 1 THRU 1000 BONUS FREE TEXTURE HEAVEN!! 479.95 NEC 3XE MULTISPIN EXTERNAL 489.95 NEC 3XF MULTISPIN INTERNAL _ 45455 NEC 3XP MULTISPIN PORTABLE ...- 439.95 TOSHIBA XM41018-S INTERNAL CDROM X2 SPINt300MS,XA,MULTISESSlON,MCICDA 269.96 IF YOU DONT SEE WHAT YOU WANT Requires; WorkBench
2. 04 or higher LANGUAGE OS CD-ROM...., TNI Synergy international Hollywood FX Creates 3d special F X using LightWave to render high quality effects without any experience or knowledge of LightWave required! Comes with 40 different transitions, particle f x, 3d morphing, full- motion video windows and much more. Quality of the effects rival $ 50k DVE's, used in conduction with the PAR board you can map video or animated sequences directly onto objects in their LightWave scenes without first exporting to a large hard drive. With Batch rendering. 5749 DARKMERE ... 3.1.95 5645 UBERAT10N CAPTIVE2 AGA.. , -------33.95 5643 SECOND SAMURAI THE SEQUEL IS EVEN BETTER.. 33.95 5644 SECOND SAMURAI AGA..__
- ------33.95 5489 CANNON FODDER 38 95 5524 STAR TREK 25TH ANIVERSARY. . AGA
39. 95 5518 SETTLERS ...... ,..34 95 5344 HIRED GUNS ...... ..34.95 5488 MORTAL K0MBAT...™ . ...36.00 HERE, PLEASE CALL! GAMES** 5820 JAMES POND 3 AGA (STARFISH)----------34.95 5790 HEIMDALL 2 ___(NO A1200*S)
35. 95 5817 IMPOSSIBLE MISSION 2025 ___35.95 5818 MPOSSIBLE MISSION 2025 AGA---------36.95 5705 TOTAL CARNAGE AGA _33.95 5748 BENEATH A STEAL SKY _38.95 The best of public domain and shareware; over 600MB of material. Comes with database program to find specific titles, done by Fred Fish personally. Sept Ocl 1994 Edition CD-ROM_ Jrfy Apgost 1994 Edffioi CD-ROM_ AMIGA LIBRARY SERVICES FRED FISH CD'S NEW FX MODULES COMING SOON 5470 BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL. 5180 SYNDICATE ... 374 KOMANI TITLES BUDGET 5860 Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm 800-872-8882 ORDER HOTLINE opm (PST) Sat. 8am to 5pm 5536 'iTBCPlus s59595 cvB 4008 SCSI works with A20G0! NEW! Bring the world of SCSI into reach! Hook-up to CD-ROM, Bernoulli drives, etc. Add up to 7 devices to your Amiga and smilel You can even add up to 8MB RAM and mount a 3*5" drive on card! N TO 5283 5563 A4000 G-FORCE 040 WITH 4MB RAM! Now you can accelerate your Amiga 4000 and expand the RAM in one product! The GVP G-FORCE 040 is 40-MHx, and will expand to 32 MB RAM on board* PLUS: You can add an optional SCSI II and or RAM Adapter Board. .1 Oay Gy A % Compatible with A3000, Newtek Video Toaster, Centaur OpalVision, GVP EGS Spectrum, Retina, and Picasso II GVP G-FORCE A2000 ACCELERATORS G-FORCE 040 33MHz 4MB RAM w $ 1034 math coprocessor K- A complete voice mail system for 0 your Amiga! .. ifedlV If you would like to hove automated, scheduled, time date stamped voice mail and faxes with unlimited mail boxes, the ability to fax from any program that prints, call in remotely, and more get PHONE PAK VFX 2*0 ifsi 4322 $ 00 G-FORCE 68030 4GMHz Lost batch of C0095 these classic *598y;> A2000 Accelerators £ 4333 5309 3843 EGS 28 24 SPECTRUM GO BEYONDAGA GRAPHICS with this real-time, 24-bit, true-color graphics enhancement card. Programmable resolutions up to 1600x12801 800x600 in 24-bit! Incudes a custom display pass-through cable for single monitor use. Many applications are ready to run and it includes the acclaimed EGS PAINT V1.2a$ a bonus, tool Bring workstation power to your Amiga 1 NEW! The next generation of the A1230Turbo+. 40-MHz 68030, real-time clock, 4MB RAM expandable to 32MB RAM. Makes your A1200 faster than a A30001 Exclusive Kickstart Remapping. Comb Filter Option «* *89*3 Omqw hiT Cadb no afar Frame RAM Option * 1 89*5 1II am fam Kmtktrm ftdd cHkH z Professional quality, all digital time base corrector with real-time frame grabber and 16*7 million color frame buffer PLU programmable video special effects! $ 39895 NO ZORRO SLOT TAKEN! LIMITED TIME SPECIAL A1291 SCSI KIT..$ 89 388 NEW EGS 6.2 SOFTWARE! 2MB RAM SGVP 5534 _ OT-r- • ORDER HOTLINE 800-872- Canada 800-548-2512 O O H Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 6cm to 6pm Sot. 8am to 5pm (P5T) Order Status 310-787-4520 Mon. - Fri 8am to 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm Vlab Motion System Non-linear Editing system or Real-Time 24-Bit Animation Recorder! $ 1995 5861 5110 5811 5780 Retina Z3 V-Code Video Encoder Module Activates the external Y C and composite ports. 95 Retina 1084 Cable Use your 1084 monitor with your Zll or Zlll card! . S299J 5871 Retina Version 2.2 Software Upgrade your Z2 Card 519,s 5791 Retina Z3 with 4MB Video RAM 32-Bit card for A3000(T), A4000 includes AGA emulation, 16 & 24- Bit Work Bench emulation, Retargets more software than any other board on the marketl Very fasti I 5772 Non-iinear Editing system for the A2000, A3000(T), A4000 Featuring a real-time digitizer, output uses YUV 4:2:2 square pixel quality, hardware scaling, genlock with chroma keying, Y C and composite in & out, does not require a TBCU Uses Toccata for 16-Bit audio, complete Arexx support. Includes MovieShop editing software w special effects and character generation! Real-time JPEG compression, direct-to-disk recording & playback, 60 fields per second broadcast quality output! Great animation recorder plays back in 24-Bit real-time. Includes Toccata Card. "When you have a chance to see face-to-face the Toaster Flyer and the Vlab Motion, the MovieShop interface in much easier to use and perform with. I really like the cut, copy, paste, and time-line editing of MovieShop. This is easy, like a 'text editor'. This really is the future of video editing ' “ Hobart Van Valen alias "Video Bob", Professional Producer Animator Winner: Best Animator - London Animators 1993 Film Festival Vlab Motion Card ...51599” Vlab Y C Digitizer *42395 Vlab Y C External A12Q0 A500,.i43795 Toccata i 6-bit audio cards43495 Full 16-Bit audio digitizer with 3 stereo inputs, 1 microphone input, 1 stereo output. Digitizes up to 48KHz direct to hard disk, special feature - on board mixer and ADPCM compression. AD PCM compression allows digitizing at 32KHz direct to a floppy disk & playback from that floppy. Includes acclaimed SEKD's software package Samplitude; allows editing of up to 10 visible samples at a time with mixed frequency rates! Supports AIFF, MAUD, 8SVX sound formats, Arexx support. 5807 The core unit of the modular OpalVision system. A true RGB, 24-Bit frame buffer, it operates in any Amiga with a video slot. It allows smooth fading of pictures, color-cycling effects, and smooth, double buffered 24-bit animation. Includes connectors to the Video Processor and Scan-Rate Converter TBC (optional modules). Includes a wealth of software such as OpalPaint, widely regarded as the best 24-Bit paint program on the Amiga; OpalAnimMATE, plays 24-, 16- and 12-Bit animations at up to 60 fps and Opal Presents!, an icon- driven presentation slide show program. FREE Magic Lantern) Animation software with every purchase of OpalVision Main Board! 5002 QwikForms CD-ROM STERLING CONNECTION w Fonts & Cl ip Art 125 ready-made page layouts for PageStream
1. 8,2.0 . 1 .2 including legal documents, business, page layouts, animation cue sheets, flyers, video production planners, music sheets and many more... 5,300 clip art images, 550 Typel fonts(withAFMfiles), 190GIFs, 160GDOS, 140 DMF fonts, 230 CFN (Calamus fonts), 722 EPS (postscript clip art), 700 business letters in TXT (ASCII format), 110 spreadsheet templates! Includes printed graphic representations of fonts and art work. Now you can pick clip art or a font without loading it first! £ This is the ultimate 5845 CD-ROM for business!! 2782 THEME PARK MYSTERY .... 8.95 5841 TEAM SUZUKI . 8.95 3731 SPACE WRECKED .8.95 0486 WORLD CLASS GOLF 8.95 5429 BODY BLOWS GALACTIC 9.95 5307 Z00L NIGEL MANSELL AGA BUNDLE 8.95 4740 STREET FIGHTER H ..18.95 BUDGET CD32 5703 TOTAL CARNAGE CD32 ....,19.95 5747 ELITE 2 FRONTIER CD32 ....19.95 5832 GLOBAL EFFECT CD32 ..19.95 5828 NTERN.. KARATE CHAMP CD32 ...19.95 5829 SUMMER 0LYMPIX CD32 . 19.95 5631 JOHN BARNES SOCCER CD32 ......19.95 5825 DIGGERS CD32 ....14.95 5833 OSCAR CD32 .. 1495 GVP Accessories 2767 GVP 4MB SIMM 60NS PAGE MODE . 214.95 Order Hotline 5391 GVP 16MB SIMM - SONS ...999.95 5503 liO EXTENDER EXTRA SERIAL KIT ...22.95 REMOVABLE MEDIA 5147 IOMEGA THE BOX 150 BERNOULLI 1 ..57995 5561 DATAFLYER 105SQINTERNALIDE A4000 ..... COME WITH 1 -105MB CARTRIDGE 368.95 64243 VIVIDQUEST 270MB SCSIEXT. W CART. 585.95 61945 VIVIDQUEST 105MB SCSI EXT. W CART. 378.95 64416 VIVIDQUEST 200MB SCSI SPEEDBALL 2... PREDATOR...... KILLING CLOUD BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II BACK TO THE FUTURE III ... 51 4 ¦ EXT ERNAL DRIVE RW44 B8 . 585.95 61944 VIVIDQUEST 88C SCSI. EXT. W CART448.95 XEAN VISTA V256 3.5'EXTERNAL REMOVABLE OPTICAL, ALSO READS AW RITES 128 MB O-ROM iStLNCLUDES 1 • 256MB CARTRIDGE87999 OCEAN 256MB 3.5 1 MO CART SINGLE 74.95 IOMEGA 150MB1PK CARTRIDGE 97.95 IOMEGA 150MB 3PK CARTRIDGE 269.95 44MB CARTRIDGE .....64.95 88MB CARTRIDGE 75.95 MISC HARDWARE 5855 CD32 SX-1 EXPANSION MODULE 269.95 4500 EMPLANT DELUXE W SCSI W 2PORTS 339.95 5738 EUREKA A1200 RAM CARO W CLOCK W OK 99.95 1857 BIGFOOT1200 A 600 A 500 PWR SPLY.....85.95 5036 BIGFOOT 2000 POWER SUPPLY ..139.95 5178 FAST LANE Z3 SCSI-2 W 0K ZORRO HI... 459.95 45265 PICASSO II GRAPHICS CARD W 1 MG ...... 449.00 5615 PICASSO II GRAPHICS CARD W 2MB 488.95 4229 MEGACHIP 500 2000 W AGNUS ___198.95 5628 PRO MIDI INTERFACE ...29.95 IF YOU DONT SEE WHAT YOU WANT PLEASE CALL USI SEAGATE HARD DRIVES 5350 SEAGATE 3.5* 528 MB IDE (VERY FAST). 424.95 5166 SEAGATE 3.5' 260MB IDE . 259.00 Idek MF-8617 Color Monitor 17" Flat screen ,26mm dot pitch Full digital front controls, 8 factory presets & 13 user-programable Short persistance, anti-reflection, anti-static Auto power savings an off, 3 watts in standby mode! Perfect for Retina, EGS Spectrum, Picasso II, Talon, A4QOO (Super72, DoubleNTSC, MultiScan modes}- Freq: 23.5 86KHz horizontal, 50120Hz vertical AmiSoft HIT Check$ & Balance$ Finally, an easy-to-use, yet powerful ClieckS it Balances Personal Finance Manager!! AmigaDOS 2.0 or higher I" MacroSystem Development Accelerator for the Amiga 4000 4028 w o '040 Chip w SCSI 2, 0K S7659S 5743 4028 w 040 Chip w SCSI 2, 0K s94995 DDDD 4040 w 40MHz Chip w SCSI 2, 0K..*142395 5745 A3000 Versions coming soon, call!! Suncom Technologies ErgoStick Q-Stick JoysHck $ 495 Tac-3 Joystick *......$ 895 Tac-30 Joystick $ 995 4447 4934 4445 Includes 2 Hot Games Speedball II & Predator!! ORDER HOTLINE 800-872-8882 Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon, - Fri 6am lo 6pm SaL 8am to 5pm (PST) Order Status 310-787-4520 Mon. - Fri Sam to 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm INTERCHANGE PLUS 3.0 . 104.95 REAL 3D NEW VERSION V2.47 ..... 399.00 TRANSPORTER V 2.0 109.95 SCENERY ANIMATOR 4.0...» ......49.95 VIDEO VIDEO TOASTER 3.1 W 3.5 LIGHTWAVE UPGRADE
498. 95 LIGHTWAVE 3D VERSION 3.5 UPGRADE... 65270 65275 65272 65274 65273 65275 63765 5515 bnagemaster R t vl.5 A new image manipulation product Designed to replace Imagemaster and Image Professional. New features of Imagemaster R t include new unified filesaver, new multiframe processor, new Radial Wave, new morph controls, new Gaussian Blur, faster display, loads Toaster alphas, new area select tools, tablet support, unlimited zoom and pan, "onionskin" compositions, Toaster framestore support, Online Help The January issue of Amiga World says "Imagemaster R t is a tool no serious artist should be without!" Supports OpalVision, Firecracker, AGA . BLACK BELT SYSTEMS Easy to use and very effective! 4356 170MB ELS SCSI HARD DRIVE 184.95 63196 270MB SCSI 2 VERY FAST LPS . 284.95 63352 270MB IDE VERY FAST LPS 285.95 5637 340MB LPS SCSI 2 ... .349.94 63194 540MB SCSI 2 ... „ 419.95 5508
1. 08 GIG SCSI 2 HDEMPIRE SERIES .758.95 65171
1. 44G8SCSI 2 NT. HD EMPIRE SERIES. .969.99 65255 2,1GB SCSI 2 9.5ms EMPIRE SERIES. 1399.99 FAX SOFTWARE 5612 TRAPFAX CLASS 2 VERSON . .. 89.95 5675 GP FAX SOFTWARE FOR CLASS 2 & 1 49 95 ui i n » uwi i ¦¦ rii l wunuv u u I ... TW.Wtf Cinegraphics PowerMac ros for LightWave SEAGATE ELITE DRIVES 5,25 FH ST434Q0N 2.75GB FAST SCSI-2 . 2299.99 5J25 FH ST410800N 8.6GB FASTSCSI -2 4169.99 MICROPOLIS HARD DRIVES
1. 7GB SCSI-2 MODEL 2217AV .1129.95
1. 6GB IDE MODEL 2217A (PAR BOARDJ1199.95 QUANTUM HARD DRIVES Features include automated scene creation of true 3D explosions (not flat polygons), 17 macros include shatter, blowup, swarm, render batch, move scene, load from scene, smooth velocity, save pivot, focal distance, clone object & surface and many more! Created by Animators for Animation Projects!
3. 5:' 12MS ST3550N 457MB FAST SCSI-2389.99
3. 5' 12MS ST5660N 545MB FAST SCSI-2 479.99
3. 6' 9MSST31200M1GBSCSI-2 849.99
3. 5' 8MSST1195GN 1.35GB FAST SCSI-2? ,659.99 5779 $ BUSINESS UTILITIES 5719 BATCH FACTORY .... 39.95 5621 AMIBACK 2.0 OEM VERSION GREAT HARD DRIVE BACK UP UTLmY ... 14.95 4928 AMIBACK TOOLS . 38.95 5106 AMIBACK TOOLS PLUS AMIIBACK 2.0 & AMIBACK TOOLS 63.95 5245 DIRECTORY OPUS 4.1 59.95 4081 ENLAN-DFS ETHERNET FILE SYSTEM 5 NODES NEW VERSION 2.0 ..299.00 4334 SAS C VERSION 6.5 ..... 249.00 3921 HISOFT DEVPAC 3 . ..79,95 5809 HISOFT BASIC 2 ....89.95 5222 TAPEWORM FILESYSTEM .64.95 3D RENDERING ANIMATION SOFTWARE 5822 LIGHTWAVE 3D VERSION 35 STANDALONE595 95 5857 PIXEL 30 PROFESSIONAL VERSION 2.0 .. 189.95 5793 NEW IMAGINE 3.0 .... 375.95 5835 FORGE & ESSENCE VOLUME 1 ...... 93.95 5838 FORGE & ESSENCE VOLUME 2 93.95 5506 WAVEMAKER ...... 159.00 5318 WAVELINK ... 99.95 5673 DYNAMIC MOTION MODULE ...119.95 5588 SPARKS NEW VERSION 2.14 ... 114.95 5310 MAGIC LANTERN VERSION 1.5 ..... 37,95 5075 HUMANOID FOR IMAGINE ....145.95 5076 HUMANOID FOR LIGHTWAVE ... 145.95 5271 5085 4072 5123 5510 5858 UPGRADES LIGHTWAVE 3.0 3.1 TO VERSION 3.5
94. 95 5795 ALPHA PAINT FOR THE VIOEO TOASTER 559.95 5150 TOASTER F X . USE WITH IMAGE FX PAINT IN 24B1T GREAT! 109.95 5724 SWIPES! (TOASTER 4000 COLOR WIPES). 89.95 5510 VIDEO TOASTER 3.1 SOFTWARE UPGRADE FOR A2000 A3000 = T}489.95 5424 MONTAGE FOR THE VIDEO TOASTER.....316.95 5073 MONTAGE 24 - AGA.IV24.QPALVISI0N - NTSC226.95 5384 MONTAGE 24 - AGA,IV24,OPALVISION 2 PAL226.95 5650 MONTAGE POSTSCRIPT MODULE .....168.95 5175 MONTAGE FONTS VOLUME t 127.95 5421 TOASTER TOOL KIT 4000 95.95 MULTIMEDIA 5558 SCALA MM3Q0 ...339.95 5766 SCALA ECHO CONTROLER EE-100 .... 169.95 5252 CANDO 2.51 LightWave without the Toaster? The solution is LIGHTRAVE!
• Compatible with all Amiga models
• True 24-bit display - render to OpalVision, DCTV, Retina, IV24, GVP EGS, Amiga AGA and Picasso II
• FASTER than a Toaster equipped Amiga
• Requires: Lightwave 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1, Workbench and Kickstart 2.04 or later The only way to access all of the 24-Bit graphic boards on the 5292 market!! ] SPARKS Particle System Animation for use with Lightwave The original author of Sparks has taken over distribution and support for this incredible software! New features: motion interpolation, pointable nozzle, animatable velocity & birthrates, moving targets, random rota- tions, auto parenting models local gravities automatic dissolves, displacement support and many morel New macros. New VctSSOit new manual, new tutorials. V2.14 5588 SyQuest 105MB Cartridges $ r 79s 61241 NEW 5850 5379 5267 5484 THE ULTIMATE HARD DRIVE DATAFLYER IBS® Finally a hard drive that is truly practical. The DataFlyer 105SQ features proven 5yQuest removable technology. Special version direct from manufacturer with our special driver guarantees compatibility with the A4000 including diskchange! Fast access times, 14ms avg., 1.6 to
2. 3 MB sec, max transfer rate (to and from media). Unlimited storage with 105MB cartridges. Very quiet unit. Small, only 3.5 x 1" drive. 2 Year Warranty. Includes one 105MB cartridge. CALL FOR SPECIAL PRICING ON 105SQ 4000S BUNDLE DATAFLYER SCSI Plus 1 200 IS a SCSI card that plugs onto the IDE header and converts it to SCSI. It still allows the use of IDE devices and does not take up a slot. Includes a rear DB25 SCSI port ..S9995 DATAFLYER SCSI Plus 4000 is the same as above and has an internal 50-pin SCSI connector and is designed for the Amiga 4000 ...... Ml 895 DATAFLYER 4000S with External 25DB SCSI connector $ 7995 DATAFLYER XDS IDE with External case & all cables ...s6995 TypeSmith 2.0 CREATE & EDIT YOUR OWN TYPEFACES! "A must have" -Compute! £ §¦ Jk JhAP "A must have" -Amazing 7 | ; r ijQ*'' • Computing m "It's a must!" -Amiga Format Professional Publishing Pagestream 2.2 OEM features, including AGA color, record- ability to load ' PageStream 3.0 PageStream 3.0 has over 1000 new 1 in Amiga DTP. Winner of Amiga World's Experts' Choice Award and Amazing Amiga's Users' Choice Awards. Upgrade to 3.0 for only' 125" ProPage documents. 5838 5611 I I 1 I I I 1 1 1 w&wm Art Department Professional Version 2.5 Newest version has a new improved user interface. EGS and Primera Printer (24-bit color dye-sub). Image Processing Program" for 1 992 by Amazing Computing, and now ifs EVEN BETTER! 4348 MORPH PLUS • Professional morphing ... M 24 5077 T-REXX PROFESSIONAL 2.1 for Toaster.. $ 1 1 6 5638 ADPro Conversion Pack, version 2.5 .. .....$ 4595 5164 Pro Control for ADPro or Morph Plus $ 4995 5195 CygnusEd Professional 3.5 ...55995 CALL CREATIVE FOR THE LOWEST PRICES ON ALL ASDG PRODUCTS Algorithmic textures lake up very little RAM and look incredible!!! Over 100 of them and compatible with the included program Forge. Forgo is a stand-alone, revolutionary surface designer! Toad and display any Essence texture or attributes in reel time. Interactive edit and preview in color & animatable windows. Forge can render and produce antialiased image maps in IFF 24, JPEG and TIFF usable In lightwave. Real 3D, Caligari, Aladdin 3D, Playmarion or any video applications or multimedia presentations. £ Q I FORGE & ESSENCE VOLUME 2 ...£ Q 7 Over 65 new textures with real world look and feel! Animation software used to create, edit and play back anims. Also links sound files to specific frames. Once animations are created they can be edited, adding or removing frames and sound effects. Good user interface and supports playback from hard drives. Supports all AGA & ECS modes, DCTV, HAME, Retina, Z3, Piccasso II, OpalVision, GVP EGS Spectrum; stereo sound support. Package includes manual, 2 disks and registration card and is upgradable!! IMAGKLAMTERMvyJgrn ffff with purchase Terra Nova Development 24-Bit graphic card! 4 $ 95.99 Value!! APEX FORGE & ESSENCE V0L.1 5835 ORDER HOTLINE 800-872-8882 Canada 800-548-2512 Order Hours: Mon. - Fri 6am to 6pm Sat. 80m to 5pm (PST) Order Status 310-787-4520 Mon. - Fri 8am to 6pm Sat. 8am to 5pm m AUDIO SECTION HARDWARE & SOFTWARE 5657 WAVETOOLS16 BIT AUDIO CARD ..... 369.95 4516 SUNRI2E AD-51616 BIT AUDIO CARD.... 1179.95 5780 TOCCATA 16 BIT AUDIO CARD (INSTOCK!j439.95 5624 MEGALOSOUND 8BIT SAMPLER ...... 39.95 5210 LABTECCS-800 AMP. COMPUTER SPEAKERS W PWR SPLY36.95 62144 ACS 50 SPEAKER ALTEC LANTSING 77.95 5720 NEW DIGITAL SOUND TRACK __45.95 4689 ONE STOP MUSIC SHOP ..-.....558.95 5796 BARS AND PIPES PROFESSIONAL 2.5 1 SEQUENCING ON THE AMIGA!!! ...238.00 4759 SUPERJAM 1.1 MUSIC COMPOSITION TOOL ...78.95 SPECIALIZED VIDEO HARDWARE 5408 THE LITTLE MAGIC BOX . BETACAM AND MII COMPATIBLE 679.95 5114 PERSONAL TBCIV 798.95 5115 PERSONAL ANIMATION RECORDER ...... 1599.95 5140 PERSONAL COMPONENT ADAPTER 389.95 0811 VIP VIDEO INTERFACE PROFESSIONAL I COMPOSIT E OR 1 Y C OUT WITH RGB PASS THRU)
• ..m mm I'm uminiia U ¦ M« ¦ Hi I ItiH >H1 Iril HlU III • Hi'd JI14H 129.95 KITCHEN SYNC DUEL TBC ...11139.95 K-SYNC S-VIDEO OPTION 117.00 K-SYNC GENLOCK OPTION .... 148.00 AUTHORING SYSTEM, AGA SUPPORT 11395 GRAPHICS NEW BRILLIANCE 2.0 5806 4893 5752 5589 5676 5206 5697 5387 5358
79. 95 VISTA PROFESSIONAL 3.0.... _....49-95 DISTANT SUNS 5.0 . : ..49.95 TV PAINT 2.01 FOR AU BOARDS 8 A4000 249.95 IMAGE MASTER R T VERSION 1.5 ......69.95 .-.72.95 .... 38.95 - 3639 .659.95 4194 ..395.95 4009 TRANSITION GENLOCKS SUPERGEN SXGENLOCK LEGENDARY DESIGN TECHNOLOGIES INC. Address It! List management Create mailing lists, rosters, envelopes, roatry cards and more with a few simple clicks! Supports laser, dotmatrix & ink-jet. 0*5 25 Now you can link your machine to others for fast file transfer and conversions with a few simple mouse clicks! Using a high-speed parallel cable (12" long) you can transfer files Amiga to IBM, Amiga to Amiga or IBM to IBM, Copy files from any drive or device. Convert ILBM files to PCX on the fly without a separate program. Conversion modules upgradable to support new formats, graphics, text, etc... Automatically adjust filenames to conform to each platform. Supports Arexx & Multiface £ _ Qjr 11 111 & GVP I O Extender, M K%v J * Version 1.5 5069 W Powerful business management Invoice It! Powerful invoicing software! Automatically create quotes and convert them to actual invoices with one click! 95 Invoicc-!t! 49 5861 5145 ¦ Amiga Dutch Auction! Come into our Superstore and see our NEW and CLEARANCE products! SEND ALL MAIL ORDERS FOR AMIGA PRODUCTS TO: CreoTive Computers, Order Depf., 2645 Morieopo Sir
- -- fufeA
• - itfr * At'
- " f “til art? Eet, Torrance, CA 9050C Los Angeles South Bay 4453 Redondo Bch. Blvd. Lawndale California 90260
(310) 542-2292 Order by 5:00pm EST and get your order tomorrow! Offer is valid thru August 31, 1994 and applies to in-stock items only. Continental U.S. only Credit card problems, system problems, Acts of God, shipping to a different address than your billing address, and orders to some rural areas or smoll cities wl incur additional processing and shipping time Orders aver 3 lbs. Incur additional shipping charges Indudes insurance. Order Hotline: 800-872-8882 Overnight Delivery Only s695* I ‘for whaf other companies charge for ground service ¦ nn-T _ OUR POLICIES The Creative Computers Exclusive MBG Program CC-Money Back Gr.aranl»« rules limiled-llme after expires9 30 94 and only applies to the Indicated products. You must coll Customer Service to obtain a Return Authorization number belore sending the ltem(s) back The ilem(s) must be in original condition and In original packaging, with blank warranty card. No damaged items wilt be accepted. Refunds issued within 14 days of receipt ol the returned item(s). Refund Is limited to $ 3,000 per customer. No refunds on freight or labor charges. CUSTOMER SERVICE for Tech support call 310-542-2292 from 11
a. m. to 7 p.m. PST. " “Standard Overnight Service' by federal E caress is not available In alt areas Those 'Extended Areas' take two days. Check with your local Federal Express station for delivery confirmation and delivery times. COD's odd $ 6~No Personal Company checks. Call lor all other shipping Intormalton. Alt advertised prices ate CASH prices. Visa MasterCard and Discover same as cosh. RETURN POLICY Coll Customer Service at (310) 707-4520101 return authorization. All returns wiltiout authorization number (RMAHJ will be refused Relumed products musl bo In original condition and packaging and must be sent back within 30 days of our invoice dole. No telunds, please. Defective product exchanges only. Wo make no guarantees for producl performance. Exchanges with unlike products are al ouropllonand subject lo a 20% restocking fee. CONDITIONS: Prices and availability of product are subjecf To change wllhoul notice. MAIL-IN ORDERS Send money orders or cashiers check for laslest service. Personal checks - 10 days to clear. Include: Name, Address and lelephone number (no P.O. Boxes, please). If ordering by credit card include expiration dare and billing address. Call for exact shipping rates. INTERNATIONAL TOIL FREE ORDERING POLICIES: For Canada. FPO. APO - Minimum order $ 50. All other countries: minimum order 5100. For VISA and Master Cord orders you must FAX or moil a signed photocopy of your credit card - front and back. Please have your credit cord number ready before calling. "'PRICE GUARANTEE U.S. Only, Applies to all merchandise odvortlsed by alf authorized AMIGA doalers except merchandise on sole end out-ol-stock. We will give you our "delivered" price lower than the other authorized AMIGA dealer's 'dokvered" prlco There is a minimum order amount ol $ 20 for orders lo the U S A. Californio Sales tax does not apply to price guarantee Prices good through September 30. 1994 When you purchase products in this catalog that feature this logo, it identifies products that come with a 30-day money back guarantee. Return is subject to policies of our customer service department. Ask your sales representative for more information. °*y U ¦n 5 cd V) u c g> "5 ti ¦XJ u GRAPHICS A continuing series of tips, techniques, and tricks for creating more imaginative Amiga graphics. By Joel Hagen THE FRACTAL EXPLORATIONS of today’s computer artists are the legacy of a mathematical monster hunt a century old. Strange forms in which an infinite line could enclose a finite space were geometric monstrosities whose existence unsettled mathematicians at the dawn of this century. A profound rethinking of the orderly world views of Euclid and Newton occurred over the ensuing decades. It is probably no coincidence that this was accompanied by turmoil in the arts, as the aesthetics of structure and harmony were challenged by painters, poets, architects and musicians. Innovators embraced the nature of disorder, and their efforts yielded some of the most powerful movements in the evolution of the arts and sciences. Fractal mathematics is an offspring of that exploration, and it has attracted the attention of artists and scientists alike. Fractal software has been an interesting if not mainstream development on the Amiga for a number of years now.* This column will suggest some lines of exploration you might try with any Fractal Program. I used Fractal Pro (MegageM), a solid, full-featured as- sembly-language program with extensive Arexx support and ideal for production work and animation. One of the key concepts of fractal mathematics is that dimensions are not identified by the simple integers of Euclid. For example, a line scribbled densely on a sheet of paper is not one- dimensional, as classical geometry would define it. That line may actually fill much of a two-dimensional plane. In his pioneering work on fractal mathematics, Benoit Mandelbrot suggests that it is more accurate and useful to define the dimension of such a line as a fraction greater than one and less than two (hence “fractal,” from the same root as “fraction”). This is far
* Editor's note: Look for an upcoming AW article by Mark Brown on fractal mathematics and image-creation, with a survey of fractal software for the Amiga. More than a philosophical observation, for fractal mathematics provides a means to define precisely the dimension of that line as, for example,
1. 1815. It thus becomes possible to meaningfully measure and compare the relative irregularity of structures. Researchers are using this capability in a wide range of disciplines, from economics to geography to psychology. Practical Fractals The methods of fractal mathematics allow us to generate forms as well as to analyze them. It is this aspect of the discipline that is most familiar to computer artists. The computer can create images by assigning values to points within regions of sets of numbers. The nature of' these sets is such that one can look deeper and deeper into any region and see new structure revealed. At an infinity of scales, new forms exist, yet share similarities. In fractal software, this exploration is typically done by outlining a region in a generated image and then magnifying that region to reveal new detail. You can approach such exploration out of sheer curiosity, but you can also experiment with more specific artistic goals in mind. In the accompanying illustration, image 1 was generated using Fractal- Pro’s Mandelbrot SineM button. Zooming in on the area outlined in white produced the basis for image 2. I was looking for parallel lines and shapes with an organic feel, so my choices were not accidental. It took onlv one level of magnification to find a suitable region. Working at Fractal Pro's 24-bit level, 1 applied green shading before saving. I further changed the palette of that image with ADPro’s (Elastic Reality) balancing controls and histogram equalization as the image moved through a series of experiments. By this time, I was thinking of it as a potential texture for mapping to a 3-D object. With that in mind, 1 applied a ten-pixel motion blur in ImageFX (GVP) along the direction of the banding to enhance its soft linearity. The result is what you see in image 2. That 24-bit IFF image was loaded into Caligari’s (Caiigari Corp.) Texture Maker in the Attributes area of the Brender interface, where it was converted into a Caiigari format texture. I then placed it on a sphere, using the Default mapping button and Phong shading with shininess raised to let two local lights create soft surface reflections. Careful rotation of the point of view concealed the seam where texture edges met. The result is image 4. Similar fractal images could have good potential as stone surfaces or even as banded-gas giant planets depending on what surface attributes you choose to apply in a 3-D program. You don't have to be a mathematician to learn how fractal software, with the right tools and techniques, can lead you to new dimensions in image-making and more! Fractal Landscape Generation My original reason for looking for parallel structures in a fractal image had nothing to do with 3-D textures, hut it is easy to become sidetracked. 1 had set out hoping to discover a source of unique terrain for landscape generation. As beautiful and convincing as are the random landscapes produced by Vista Pro (Virtual Reality Labs) and Scenery Animator (Natural Graphics), they lack diversity. They are typically an undulation of peaks and depressions that could be roughly characterized as conical. Visually, they are good approximations of much of the mountainous terrain of the Rockies and the Sierras. However, I have always been intrigued by the look of the Appalachian. The geologic processes that folded tiiese parallel wrinkles on the passive eastern continental margin are different from the processes that raised the Sierras from the colliding American and Pacific crustal plates. FractalPro has options that can automatically save any fractal image as a DEM file as well as an IFF image. These OEMs can be loaded directly into VistaPro or Scenery Animator and generated as landscapes. The DEM File for image 2 (before all my processing) produced the landscape in image 3 when rendered in VistaPro from the vantage point shown by the arrow. Given the self-similar nature of fractal Thp QP (VistaPro) in image 3. Images cascading recursively into infinity, I have probably found a source for all the Appalachian ridges I will ever want to render. Beyond Pretty Pictures. If you haven’t explored fractals, you are missing something fascinating that goes far beyond colorful pictures. You may be missing an opportunity to shift your perception of nature and challenge your concept of dimension and reality. Fractal mathematics is not an ultimate truth about the structure of nature. Rather, it is a tool that has given rise Lo other tools in a quest for truth. Fractals, chaos, strange attractors, and the like all provide science with some basic mechanisms to accept a subjective universe and examine it meaningfully with subjective measurement. This might be looked upon as part of the “Easting” of the West. Thai piece of paper with the scribbled line can be viewed from such a distance that it has zero dimension. Viewed closer, it might appear a uniform two- dimensional gray plane. Closer still, the apparently one-dimensional line is visible and invites measurement, but at what scale? The line is really particles of graphite. Measure around and over each particle? Each molecule? What is the reality of that line? What is its real length, and what dimension does it occupy? These are not idle questions, neither to the Western astrophysicist nor to the Eastern monk nor to the African artist their minds are all focused on the same universe. ¦ Joel Hagens credits include work in art, astronomy, science fiction, and software development. Write lo him at 10512 Sawyer, Oakdale, CA 95361. Please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope for a reply. Amiga World 35 ORDER LINE • USA & Canada 1-800-258-0533 CmmMfoAmf&.., INTERNATIONAL ORDER UNE 412-962-0567 CUSTOMER SERVICE (412) 962-0533 CUSTOMER SERVICE HOURS 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday : _ __ _ 1202 [DDg&SMOWEl clarlSSA V2.0 ACA The animation utility of the year! Assemble single images into animations and converts anim-5 ana anim-7 to ssa format for playback up to 60 fields per second while greatly reducing the size. ClariSSA also features flexible editing capabilities like cut, copy and paste on single frames or ranges and color functions such as fading, chaos and lightning. Animations with different resolutions can be combined into a single animation. Full Arexx support and a built-in screen grabber make ClariSSA integrate seamlessly with other applications. A redistributable SSA playback program is Included ClariSSA received the 'Product of the Year award from Amiga Maglzin Germany and the ‘Amiga Plus Award 93¦ BestAmlnatlon software' XL DRIVE-HIGH DENSITY High Density External Drive for any Amiga formats 1.76MB with standard DD Disks compatible for PC Disks requires Work Bench 2.1 or above internal for A2000 A4000...... Realize the full potential of A 1200 with the DKB1202 expansion board. Speeds up math intensive operations, a must have feature if you do any morphing or animation, image manipulation or ray-tracing, offers the option of running a math co- £ processor up to flOMHz. Easy * installation! $ 145 ia@EIQDP Adorage V2.0 ACA Create dazzling 2D and 3D transitions between scenes and images in near real-time, whether intended for presentations, info-systems or video footage, there Is no effect- generatlon tool that surpasses Adorage In versatility, ease- of-use or results. User-deflnable parameters and a weaith of built-in effects deliver output limited only by your imagination. The support of up to 256-color AGA modes provides Adorage with superior quality results, white the ssa guarantees the fastest playback possible at up to 60 fields per second. Use a VCR as a backup storage device. Two hundred Amiga floppy disks fit on to a 4Hr. Tape which can be used for an alternative hard disk backup system. What's more you can now watch television on your 1084s monitor. Scart or Phono version Is available. With this software solution you may double the capacity of your disk or hard disk drives. Eazy Installation and works fnvislbte in the backgroung. The compression ratios vary from 30% to 70%. The easy to use graphical Interface guarantees that even the inexperienced user Is able to use Disk Expander Immediately without any problems. Disk Expaner does now Disk Expander immediately without any problems. Disk Expaner dot not only expand the capacity of your disk drive, even floppy disks n have a storage space of approximately 1.5 megabytes. . *=53, r (Works with all drives including, SCSI, IDE, Floppies and even the RAD disk). '*fewGwpHi 24--M& i Caul of FLATBED SCAMMERS MegilLOSOIIIld Megalosound Is an amazingly low - cost, full featured, 8 Bit stereo sound sampler. But that’s MpPiSlr notalllltalsofeaturesDlrect-to- ' Disk Recording of samples, up to 56kHz sample rate. Networking up to 20 Amigas together over a distance of up to 330 feet has now become easy and affordable. Aml- galink Installs on the external floppy drive port, eliminating the need for internal Installation or use of a zorro slot $ et up and configured In minutes, AmigaUnk offers sharing of all storage devices and printers across the network, liglrwave users now have an easy way to dlstrbute rendering jobs to multiple machines. The MS1200 & MS2400 let you scan 16.7 million colors, 256 true greys, & line art Perfect for the Toaster & other video, multimedia, & DTP applications. FREE OCR JR.
• 2 Models: MS 1200 • J pass scanning, 1200 dpi man. MS2400 • 1 pass scanning: 2400 dpi max.
• 8.S* x 14* scanning area.
• Colondt Pro • saves 24-Blt IFF TIFF and more; Scan size limited only By available hard disic space.
• SCSI cable and terminator
• Optional transparency adapter & sheet feeder Video digltlz & sound sampling all In one package. Full Color stilts, greyscale motion video clips, and video sequence Editor. Includes stand alone sequence player and ANIM5 converter. For A500. A60Q. And enhanced aca version for A1200! Also available is colorMaster. Capture full screen still plctires automatically, from any video source. FAST! Distributee) By RETINA MS2400 MS1200 24Bit Frame Buffer and Workbench Emulation Analog RGB output, 800x600 Full 24Bit 16.7 million color display. Non-interlaced Full Workbench Emulation with resolution such as 1024x763 or 1280x1024 In 16 colors or even more! Up to 2400X1200! Paint program comes with Retina. The Retina can still be used to display 24Bit graphics while emulating Workbench. Requires the 20 or greater operating system. Retina Zll & Zlll CoterRursi9 COLOR HAND SCANNER Three scanners In onel scan color, true grayscale and monochrome line art. Perfect for video, multimedia, desktop publishing and more,
• 4 scan Modes: 262,1 M colors; 4096 colors; 64 true grayscales; monochrome text
• 50-400 dpi (based on scan mode selected)
• ColorKit software * quick, accurate scanning: save IFF. Ham-8, and 24-blt iff
• Parallel interface with cable
• aca compatible
• OCR Jr. Text recognition - included [HIEQ32 a Major Upgrade to HlSoft Basic Professional Including fully Intergrated edltor compller source debug-glng environment 2 time faster than previous versions and has full support for WB1.3,2. and 3! Excellent manual, lot's of programming examples. HlSOht
• Lab Motion
* DigS Non-linear video & Audio Editing and Playback! Fast, Assembly language programming environment for all Amigas. Intergrated, multi-window . Editor. Debugger, and fast Assembling. )&y 24 Bit Rearnme video Digitizer AGA Support Digitizes Full Frame in 1 30 of a second internal for the A2000,3000, AND 4000. Y c version $ 459 New External for 500,600.1200 TOCCATA The Toccatta is a full i6Bit audio digitizer with 3 Stereo inputs, digitize at up to 48 Hz m i6Blt and 88lt direct to harddisk. Playback from HardDlsk up to 16 channels In 168IL 64 Times Overstamping. 16 sampfing rates. Freq, Response 10 Hz to 20 kHz. Simultaneous Record & Playback from HardDrive. Ana® a 5affliaO)0®o»aARtTYi6-i6tiitit» oo sampling and replay With MIDI. SEQUENCER ONE ONE plus Entry level & Mid level MIDI and sample sequencer systems with hlghlyaccialmed Diamond Drag note editing system. 11 axonM AGIC • Amazing Screen saver & System audio manager, colorful modules. Assign sounds to system events. PEO-MDI-Low cost MIDI Interface! MONOCHROME HAND SCANNER M? With * TOUCh-Up V3. S s - (ACA compatible) §} = j (S8(S|
* OCR Jr. Text reader m&W RftOIVI OREGON CD 32 and Amiga Entertainment software CD32 SOFTWARE TITLES NICK FALDO GOLF CD32 3$ AiFREO CHICKEN CO 32 39 NIGEL MANSaCD32 39 ARABIAN NIGHTS CQ32 21 OSCAR CD32 39 BANSHEE C032 34 OVERKILLLUNAR C C032 34 BATTLE CHESS ENHANCES CD32 34 PIRATES GOLD CC32 39 BATTLnOAOS CD32 34 PREMIERE CD32 17 BEAVERS C032 39 REACH OUT FOR GOLD CO32 39 BRIAN THE UON CC32 34 ROBOCOOJAHES POND 2 Cu 32 39 BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL CD32 39 RYDER CUP GOLF CD32 29 CASTLES IIC032 39 SEEK AND DESTROY C032 34 CHAMBER OF SHAOUN C032 39 SENSIBLE SOCCER C032 24 CHAOS ENGINE CD32 39 SIM CITY CD32 24 D GENERATION CD32 34 StHIKER CD32 39 DANGEROUS STREETS CD32 39 SUMMER OLTMPIt CD32 34 DEER CORE C032 39 SUPER METHANE BROTHERS CD32 39 DEFENDER OF THE CROWN II CD32 35 SURF NINJAS CD32 39 DIGGERS C032 39 TFX CD32 CckiW DISPOSABLE HERO CD32 39 TOTAL CARNAGE £032 39 DOKR THE SAMURAI DUCK CD32 39 TROLLS C032 39 FIRE h ICE CC32 26 ULTIMATE BOOT BLOWS CD32 39 FIRE FORCE CD32 39 VIDEO CREATOR CD32 49 FLASH BACK C032 39 WHALES VOYAGE CD32 39 FOOTBAL.CD32 39 WING COMMANDER C032 Com ins FRONTl£R;ELlTE 2 C032 39 WINTER SUPER SPORTS CD32 39 FURr OF THE FUFPIE5 C0S2 39 IOOL 2 CO32 39 GLOBAL EFFECT CD32 39 ZOOLCD32 39 GROUERS CD32 149 7 GATES OF JAMBALA C032 39 GUNSHIP 2000 CD32 39 CD-I Full Motion Movies HEIMDALL 2 CD32 34 FMV CARD RtOUiBtO HUMANS CD32 39 ADDAMS FAMILY CD-I MOVIE 29 IMPOSSIBLE MISSION 2035 CD32 29 ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER CD-I 29 INSIGHT CD32 49 APOCALYPSE NOW CD-I MOVIE 29 INTERNATIONAL KARATE CHAMP C032 2S 3EST OF BABY SONGS CD-I 29 JAMES PCND 3: STARFISH CS32 34 BILLY RAY CYRUS CD-I MOVIE 29 JOHN BARNES SOCCER 29 BLACK RAIN CD-I MOVIE 29 JURASSIC PARK CD3Z 39 BON JQYLXEEP THE TAITH COI 29 LABYRINTH Of TIME C032 39 BRYAN ADAMS CD-I 29 LEGACTOF SORA5IL C032 39 CONE HEADS CD-I MOVIE 29 LEMMINGS C032 29 ERIC CLAPTON CO I 29 UBERATION C032 39 TATAL ATTRACTION CD-I MOVIE 29 LOST VIKINGS CD32 39 FROM RUSSIA WLOVE CD-I MOVIE 29 LOTUS TRILOGY C032 39 GOLDF1NGER CD-I MOVIE 29 MEAN ARENAS CD32 39 HUNT FOR RED OCT CD-I MOVIE 29 MICROCOSM CD32 49 INDECENT PROPOSAL CDI MOVIE 29 MICROCOSM CHAOS ENGlNEOlGGERS 59 NAKED GUN 2 1 2 CD-I MOVIE 29 MORPH CO32 39 PATRIOT GAMES CO-1 MOVIE 2$ NAUGHTY ONES CD32 39 PLANES. TRAINS. AND AUTO CO-1 29 PlaiBOt massage cd-i 59 BANSHEE AGA 40 FUTURE WAR5 IS BENEATH A STEEL SKY 43 LOST Y1RIRGS 36 POSSE CD-I MOVIE 29 BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL AGA
25. 00 GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT 10 BIRDS OF PREY 19 MICRO MACHINES 33 SHARI LEWIS IAMB CHOP CO-t 29 CHAOS ENGINE AGA 27 KAGAAR THE HORRIBLE IS BRIAN THE UON 11 MORTAL AOMBAT 27 SUVER CM MOVIE 29 CJV1UZATION AGA 43 HEART OF CHINA 32 BRUTAL 5PORTS FOOTBALL 33 NAUGHTY ONES 34 STAR TREK VI CO-1 MOVIE 29 GUNSHIP 2000 AGA 39 HOOK 14 BUBBAN-snx 22 PATRICIAN 39 STING CO-1 29 HEIMDALL 2 AGA 35 HUMANS IS CAMPAIGN 2 43 PERIHELION 31 THE FIRM CO-1 MOVIE 29 IMPOSSIBLE MISSION AGA 35 INDIANAPOLIS 50C IS CANNON FODDER 37 PINBALL DUEAMVFANTASY COMBO 44 TO? GUN CO-1 MOVIE 29 JAMES POND Z:ROBOCCO AGA 14 JET 5TRIKE 15 CIVILIZATION 40 PUGGST 28 X-MEN CD-I MOVIE 29 JAMES POND 3:$ TARFI$ H AGA 32 JOHN BARNES SOCCER 10 COHORT 2 34 REACH FOR THE SKIES 27 100 GREATEST TOUCHDOWNS COI 29 JURASSIC PARK AGA 29 KNIGHTS Of THE CfiYSTAUJON IS COMBAT AIR PATROL 27 RISKY WOODS 19 CDTV CD32 TITLES OUT TO LUNCH AGA 32 LOTUS TRILOGY 17 COOL SPOT 22 ROBINSONS REQUIEM 39 Wcsul firf 0* CD32. «*• * »s.h mw OVERKILL AGA 14 MEAN ARENAS 14 CRASH DUMMIES 25 SECOND SAMURAI 27 thomas SMOwsurr 10 RYDER CUP GOLF AGA 33 MORPH 14 DARK SEED 45 SENSIBLE SOCCER 29 NIGHT EE'ORE CHRISTMAS ID SABRE TEAM AGA 35 MR. NUTI 27 DESERT STRIKE 22 SETTLERS 34 BENJAMIN BUNNY 10 SECOND SAMURAI AGA 27 NICK FALDD GOLF 19 DUNE 2 33 SIM CITY CLASSIC 19 PAPER BAG PRINCESS 10 SIM UFE AGA 14 NICKY 2 14 ELFMANU 32 SIM EARTH BUDGET 24 MOVING GIVES ME 5TOMACH ACHE 10 SIMON SORCERER AGA 42 NIGHT SHIFT IS EXCELLENT GAMES 27 SIM UFE 22 HEATHER HITS HER 1ST KOMERUN 10 STAR TREK ZSTH AGA 39 ONE STEP BEYOND 14 FI RACING 30 SIMON THE SORCEROR 37 TOWN WITH NO NAME 10 TORNADO AGA 49 PINBALL FANTASIES 24 FI7 CHALLENGE 19 SKIDMARKS 31 FUN SCHOOL 3 UNDER S 10 TOOL 2 AGA 22 PRIME MOYER 15 FANTASTIC WORLDS 44 SOCCER KJD 33 ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN 10 AMIGA SOFTWARE SPECIALS PUSH OVER 10 FIGHTER Dua FROM 37 SPACE HUU 23 DINOSAURS FOP HIRE 10 ALFRED CHICKEN 10 RBI BASEBALL 2 15 FLASHBACK 36 SPORTS TOP TEN 22 MUD PUDDLE 10 AUEN BREED SPECIAL to REALMS 19 aY HARDER 16 STAR LORD 39 HOUNO OF THE BASKERVILLE5 to AUEnS 3 to ROAD RASH 17 FRONITER:£UTE 2 31 STARDUST 24 LONG HAFD DAY ON THE RANCH 10 AF-OCALTPSE 17 SEEK AND DESTROY 17 FURTOFTHE FURRIE5 22 STREET TIGHTER 2 22 BATTLE STORM 2S B-17 FLYING FORTRESS 22 SHADOW Cf THE BEAST 3 10 CEARWORKS 19 STRIKES AND SPARES 31 CLASSIC BOARD GAMES 25 BEAST LORD 10 SLEEPWALKER 16 GENESIA 11 STRIP POKER 3 39 CASE OF THE CAUTIOUS CONDOR 29 BLACK CRYPT is SUB VERSON 1-0 25 GOAL 25 STRIP POKER DATA t 19 GROUERS ENCYCLOPEDIA VI. 43 BLASTAR 10 SYNDICATE 24 GofiUNS 3 25 STRIP POKER DATA 2 19 HARDWARE BLOB 15 THEATRE Of DEATH 14 GUNSHIP 2000 39 STRIP POKER DATA 3 19 CD32 COMPETITION PRO SUPER PAD 29 EOOY BLOWS 15 TRANSARCTitA 2S HARRIER ASSAULT 44 STRIP POKER DATA 4 19 SX1C032 EXPANSION INTERFACE 259 BODY BLOWS GALACTIC 14 TROLLS IS HEIMDALL 2 35 STRIP POKER DATA 5 19 SX1 KEYBOARD 49 BURNING RUBBER 14
W. Wf. EURO RAMPAGE 14 HISTORY LINE 19I4-19IB 43 STRIP POKER DATA 6 19 AGA SOFTWARE ON SPECIAL CHAOS ENGINE CHESS CHAMPION 2175 24 15 WINTER CAMP WINTER SjPER SPORTS 10 IS HOI IMPOSSIBLE MISSION 19 35 SUPER METHANE BROTHERS TEAM 17 32 32 ALFRED CHICKEN AGA 14 CHUCK ROCK 2 IS WOLFCHILD 14 INDIANA JONESATLAKTIS 39 TERMINATOR 2 37 BODY BLOWS GALACTIC AGA 1 BAGGIE' to CRIME CITY 15 WQNOEPOOG 10 INNOCENT UNTIL CAUGHT 45 THE BLUE 5 THE GREY 44 0,'GEhERATION AGA 14 CYBERCON III 10 WORLDS Cf LEGEND 15 INTELLIGENT STRATEGY GAMES 17 TOM LANDRY rOOTBALL DELLXE 29 DENNIS THE MENACE AGA 14 CYBERPUNK 14 AMIGA SOFTWARE JACK NICXLAUS GOLF 37 TORNADO 44 FATM AN AGA 14 CYTRON 10 A32Q AIREUS 44 JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL 11 TRIPLE ACTION 3-TITU5 FOX 21 INTt OPEN GOLF AGA 14 DARKMERE 17 ANCIENT ART Of WAR IN THE SK:ES 39 JURASSIC PARK 31 TRIPLE ACTION 4-BLUES BROS. 21 UBERATION.-CAPTNE 2 AGA 24 DEEP CORE 27 AP1DYA 19 K240 32 UFO DEFENSE 44 NAUGHTY ONES AGA NIGEL MANSELL AGA iSAGGlEl TROUS AGA iBAGGIE) 14 10 10 DISPOSABLE HERO DOGFIGHT DONK THE SAMURAI DUCK 14 22 22 ASSASIN SPECIAL EDITION ATRAIN CONSTRUCTION BUNDLE AWARD WINNERS 2 19 44 14 KINGMAKER KINGS TABLE LEGACY OF SORA5IL 44 28 3i VALHALLA WALKER WAR IN THE GULF 44 19 19 AWL Aua t aMiG,c) iu AGA SOFTWARE LISTING FI 17* STEALTH FATMAN 27 10 BATTLE ISLE 93 BATTLE TCADS 33 23 LEMMINGS 2 LORDS OF TIME 33 19 WHEN TWO WORLDS WAR WINTER OLYMPICS 44 40 AUEN BREED 2 ASA 37 9-9 Weekdays 10-8 Saturday 12 to 5 on Sunday ftfiei Brastew Dpernlioiiii 5 PM to 9 AM EST Mon-Fri Sat & Stm - 24 Horns :qq • Service Ups ichmoref Ft Checks & Balances The Latest Generation in personal & Small Making Tectnology Altorti&la Sinct f« now add up to 5 SCSI devices like CD ROMs, removable medea drives, ope back-up systems and scanners without using the 'CPU slot* or an 'expantion slot*. The DataFlyer SCSI* card attacches to tne IDE header and converts it to also run SCSI. Operate your original IDE AT drive at the same time. Easy PLUG-IN Installation, indudes estemal D825 connector, hardware. Avlalabie for A1200 or 4000 Business Record DSCTWr Lvi A1200 External IDE Install Your Favorite Ft Case 50 MHZ 68030 r(wpn „ W MMU FPU 50 50 0 smm Includes all cables and connections. NO FPU ...$ 79 14 Mhz 68881 ....$ 99 The Only Expansion Device you need for your Amiga 4000 (or Amiga 30001that provides High- Speed 040 Acceleration, up to 128 MegaBytes of Local 040 Burst Memory and the fastest SCSE-ll Controller Available! Why? Because all of this expansion Is on a single board that installs into the CPU slot- Not a zorro ill slot! FEATURES WarpEngtne CVPMQ 40 FastLane 28MHz, 53MHz. 40MHZ versions YES NO NO 28MHz upgradable to 33 and 40MHz yes NO NO Expandable Onboard to i28MegaBytes Ram YES NO YES Bultm SCSI-2 Hard Drive Controller YES NO YES Uses industry standard SIMM Modules YES NO NO UsesanyCombinatiOrtofSlMMS YES NO NO Allows use of the Memory from the Amiga YES NO no 2ZM L».2time$ a$ fa$ tasstandard400Q 40 r 53 Mhz.... 2.5 times as fast as standard 4mm 00 Mhz..,, 3 dmes as fast as standard 4000 40.... SS' Removable Media Syquest Hard Drive A4000 AT Internal w cart $ 59! A4000 2000 SCSI Internal w cart WSJ A40QQ 2000 SCSI external w cart $ 539 105Mb cartridge $ 75 EXPANSION High speed 68030 Accelerator W 52 Btt RAM Board up to 128 MB ram. Includes Realtime Clock ffar.,. Dtstts* Mjfk z _ Animated SCREENSAVER over 25 selections Add sounds to MBX 1200Z windows. Keys. ' time... TV Paint True State of the Art In Amiga 24 bit paint packages. The many feature of TV Paint include Image Manipulation, Drawing Tods. Editing Tods, Emboss, ¦-T - *• Sharpen, Relief, Outline and much, much morel MU&T1FRAME-ADPro Requires Art Departmerrt Professtonal or MorphWus 4 Arexx-Ami Oos 204 or higher. Multi Frame for ADPro Isa compositing layering interface for video professionals 1 artists using ASDCt ADPro program as a compcsrtmg engine, tmpmves AOProt impressive array of compositing functions, control up to 100 layers._ PageStream3i). SMITH The ultimate desktop publishing program! PagesStreamS provides professional typesetting and graphic tools. The feature-paced toolbox creates any type of shape, which you can color with PANTONE® colors and gradient fills. Import and export text and graphics in many formats, and see pictures in full color. AGA compatible! Automatic Flash macros automate most layout tasks and create custom page designs, create your own macros with recordable Arexx! Load ProPage documents and edit ProDraw drawings. Unlimited Undo and Redo, extensive online help, autosave, dot leaders, index generation and more! Includes BME 2 Image processor. PageUner 2 text processor, 50 fonts and 100 graphics! _ eSNNVH v2.o Create bitmap and outline fonts for all your programs! Convert between PostScript, Compugraphic and Soft- Loglk formats. Autotrace bitmaps and generate bitmaps from outline fonts. Automate font creation with Arexx. Copy and paste characters between fonts, and add professional hinting to your fonts. Compute, Amazing, Amiga Format and Am&Nem all called TypeSmith a A [I must-have program, voted Pest DTP utility by A razlng's readers ?MATRON ICS AMIGA MONITORS r v EDGE 17" IDEK Multl-scan 15-4QIW11024 X 7G8 Res. IDEAL FOR VIDEO Tmtt The lenders in AMIGA Productivity Soil ware OPUS Edge is an easy-to-use. Professlonai-quailty text editor Ideally suited for notes, scripting and any other forms of text manipulation. Features include: unlimited number of flies, unlimited number of windows file. Infinitely configurable user Interface, fast search & replace, full arexx support wtth macro recording, AREXX controllability, multilevel undo, extensive ’on-line’ help, comprehensive paragraph formatting and MUCH more! The Leading Edge in Amiga Text edjtors, GIGAMEM GigaMem virtual memory system lets your Amiga utilize unused hard drive space as RAM. Eliminating the need for additional nardwarel With Gigamem you can run memory-hungry programs (such as Art Department, LightWave, CanDo and Pagestream) without running low on memory. 14" Electrohome 1440,15-40UHZ1024 X 768 res. DEAL FOR AU AMIGAS Realize your full productivity with Directory OPUS! OPUS | allows you to easily manipulate data files; display images; I play sounds, ANIMS, BANIMS, and MODS; and launch programs from Its powerful, yet easy to use interface. A must-have* for hard drive owners, use OPUS once, and you'll never want to be without It! Qfsthebest-seWng software utility on We Amiga!] Of goniGni O J . CanDo! The CanDo software authoring package allows you advantage of the Amiga's powerful architecture, regard .....WBtles. You PRINTE MORE COLORFUL
* Wqnresoiutloft thermal uarsftr cokx printing.
* Pitnen’s color» bngnter, richer, sharper ana n than other color i more vibrant i can program anything ipie presentation to the most adv slona! Application program in record time, in short, CanDo less of your technical abi _ from a simple presentation to the most advanced profes- takes the guesswork and drudgery out of programming and lets the creative genius in you run wild. CanDo's scope and performance makes It a must for training, simulation and other applications.
* 949 OS version 2.1 or higher. WARP ENGINE 33MHZ WARP ENGINE 40MH2 SPARKS MULtlUFER-ADPftO MULTTFRAME-AOPRO YOUR COMPLETE SOURCE FOR ALL AMIGA PRODUCTSl MERRITT COMPUTER SYS. SAFESRIH A20QQ II SAFESKIH A30Q 19 SAFESJUNAIOOQ II SATESKIN A1200 19 SAFE5K1N A300CV40Q0 19 MICRO R & D MIDI OMNI EUREKA INTERFACE 44 BIGFOOT A500 POWER SUPFLT 200W 66 MOUSE 5WIFTT 26 HAIFA! 14,400 FAX MOOEM W.GP FAX 261 TRANSITION 19 AI200 RAM EXPANSION 99 BlCFOCT A200C POWER SUPPLT MOW 146 POWER SUPPLT A4Q00 SWITCHABLE 299 MICROSEARCH CHROMAKEY PLUS >7| MICROSPEED TRACX6AU AMTRAC 65 NATURAL GRAPHICS SCENERT ANIMATOR 4,0 56 NEC TECHNOLOGY M JLT3SPLN 38 CO ROM 3» TRIPLE5PEED 3JP CD ROM DRIVE 5*9 NEWTEK UCHTWAVt (STAND AU*El CALL UGKTWAVE UPGRADE CALL TOASTER 3.1 SOFTWARE UPGRADE 499 TOASTER 4000 1*99 VIDEO FUER CALL OREGON RESEARCH HlVl:IGrM tSkflwrSSSXK FAX: 1-412-962-0279 SO TO $ »_7% $ 99 TO $ 199_ 5% $ 200 TO $ 199-IK $ 500 TO $ 79S_._. 3% $ 100_2JK $ 5 $ 7 $ 10
A. I.R. TO EXTERNAL AIR DRIVE ACTIVA EXCELSIOR! 1.0 BBS 115 ADDISON WESLEY BOOKS ROM KERNEUIRCLUDE5 AND AUTQOCCS 29 ROM KERNELUBRARIES RDM KEHNEIjHARDWARE ROM KERNEL-CEVICES ROM KRNEL.-USER INTERFACE STYLE ROM KERNEL5ET ADSPEC ALADDIN A0 3.0 (DRAW 4D PRO 2l ADVANCED STORAGE FASTLANE SCSI II * RAM CARD APEX ESSENCE ASDG CTGNUS ED FRO 69 PRO CONVERSION FACE 52 EPSON SCANNER DRIVES 120 TRLEPRIKT24 49 mn professional 2 139 ART DEPT PRO 2J 169 DUAL SERIAL BOARD Z39 MqtPH PLUS 99 ASIMWARE INNOVATIONS ASIMOVS 2D 59 AVEC AVK TOWER - AMIGA VlD EXP ChAS 299 EXT CASE-I BAT CLOSED FRT-SCSl 99 E1T CASE ¦ I BAT OPEN FROWT-SCSI 99 E1T CASE - I BAT UPRIGHT-SCSI 109 EXT CASE 2 HALF HIGH 6AF5-5C5J U9 EXT CASE 4 BAT - OPEN FRONT-SCSI 259 AXIOM WatEUNK 95 FUEL 30 PRO 2.0 149 ANIH WORKSHOP 2-0 W WAIEMAKER IZ9 BLUE RIBBON BAKERY MIDI TRIPLE PUT * - 170 POWER TOOLS KrT 34 PERFORMANCE TOOLS KIT 34 BARS 4 PIPES PROF 2 J 220 PRO STUDIO NIT *4 SUPER JAM 59 PATCH HESTER 59 RULES FOR TOOLS 31 CREATIVITY KIT 36 STNC PRO MIDU5MFTE INTERFACE 179 ONE STOP MUSIC SHOP 551 BRUCE SMITH BOOKS AI20Q THE NEXT STEP 25 MASTERING AMIGA DOS 2 VOL 1 29 MASTERING AMIGA DOS 1 - TUTORIAL 2T MASTERING AMIGA BEGINNERS 20 MASTERING AMIGA AMOS 29 MASTERING AMIGA C 26 MASTERING AMIGA PRINTERS 26 AI200 INSIDERS GUI6E ZS MASTERING AMIGA DOS 2 VOL 2 27 MASTERING AMIGA ST3TEMS W MASTERING AMIGA AIEX1 27 MASTERING AMIGA DOS 1 REF. 27 AMIGA ASSEMBLER KSIOCR ZS MASTERING AMIGA ASSEMBLER 2» AMIGA GAMER'S GUIDE 25 CAUGARI CORPORATION CAUGARl BROADCAST 299 CAUGARI24 12$ CD-ROM AWHO RESOURCE 19 GRAPHICS RESOURCE 19 COLOR MaGjC a:? ART 23 GUTEKBURG PROJECT 2S LANGUAGE CS 29 MEGA MEDIA 25 MULTIMEDIA IB cir CaiAir tl SPACE AMO ASTYOKMT 25 FAHTA2IA FONTS 25 ULTIMATE MOO COUECTlOR 22 GlfSGALME tl AMIKET 19 CENTAUR OPALVISION 399 OPALVlSrtM VIDEO PROCESSOR 999 OPALVISION VIDEO SUITE *99 SCAM-RATE CONVERTER DEIKTERtACTP DESIGNING MINOS Roa-EM 62 HCR»E FRONT 2.5 » TOPFONM17 62 MIRACLE KEYBOARD 399 DIGITAL CREATIONS OCTV 299 OCTV RGB ADAPTOR 199 KITCHEN 5TNC 1279 KITCHEN SYNC GENLOCK OPTION 139 KITCHEN STNC S-VHS OPTION 99 SUPERGEN SR 66* BRILLIANCE 2.0 99 DIGITAL PROCESSING SYSTEMS PERSONALY SCOPE 769 PERSONAL VDA 1050 135 RC 2000 T6C III REMOTE UNIT 279 ES 2200 RACKMOUHT CONTROL UNIT 530 PERSONAL TEC Hi 729 PERSONAL TK IV 649 PERSONAL COMPONENT ADAPTER 259 PERSONAL ANIMATION RECORDER IE99 DKB DU 1202 EXPANSION BOARD 99 DKB 1240 CALL OKB 3128 295 MEC4CHIP COMRQ W SUPER AGNUS 2nB 195 SECLREKET 43 AI ICO CLOCK Ml BATTER f BACKUP 25 KWIKSTARTII 53 MULIISTART II REV 64 29 A2632 MEMORY EKP. FOR A262O2630 225 FD EXTERNAL 1.7* HIGH WWITT 114 FD INTERNAL 1.76 HIGH DENSITY 145 ELECTRONIC ARTS DELUXE MUSK CONSTRUCTION 2.0 95 Dam PAINT IV V4.1 99 DaiXE PAINT IY V4.5 AGA 109 EXPANSION SYSTEMS Mixrun tom sen iw DATAFLTIR 2000 SCSI BO MTAFinR 500 SCSI 149 CATAFITIR RAH M OATAFlTER IOSAT-4 INTERNAL IDE A 395 DATAFITER 105AT-4 EXTERNAL I6C A 505 DATAFUER 105AT-12 EX TRW. IDE AT CALL OatAflTtR 10SS-12-ATS ElTNL SCSI CALL DATAFLYER *00051 8* DATAFLTIR 0005115 95 DatmrtR IDS IDC-A600 I A1200 71 DATAFUER IDS POWER SUPPLY 70 DATAFUER tOS POWER ADAPTER 12 EXPERT SERVICES PICASSO II ITS GRAPHICS CARD 475 FARGO PRIMCRA PRO COLOR PRINTER CALL PRIME HA COLOR PRINTER 795 PHOTO REALISTIC UPGRADE KIT 225 SPARE RIBBON CARTRIDGE 19.95 3 COLOR RIBBON 5* 4 COLOR RIBBON 45 MONOCHROME RIBBON 39 PAPER. STANDAR D GRADE 1150 PAPER, PREMIUM GRADE 19 PAPER, T-SHIRT TRANSFER 19 PAPER, T-SHIRT TRANSFER 'ZSO* 279 PAPER. T-SHIRT TRAHSFtR ¦500' TRANSPARENCY FILM 31 PAPER.PERFORATED 19 PHOTO-REALISTIC 23 REFILL PUT 89 GFX BASE MOUSE OPTICAL BONG 79 GOLD DISK PROFESSIONAL CALC 2 79 VIDEO DIRECTOR 79 PROFESSIONAL PAGE .ORAN BUNDLE 149 GP SOFTWARE GP-FAI CUSS I 62 CP FAX CLASS I) 62 INNOVISION TECHNOLOGY BROADCAST TITUR II 149 BROADCAST TTTLER 11 FONT PACK 2 109 BROADCAST TITIER II FONT ENHANCE 109 MONTAGE TOASTER VERSION 317 MONTAGE FWTTS 1 IZ5 MONTAGE24 225 MONTAGE POSTSCRIPT MODULE 169 INTELLIGENT DESIGNS. INC. AMI BACK 10 46 AMI 5ACX TOOLS 23 AMI BACK PIUS TOOLS S9 TAPEWORM FS 60 INTERWORKS EHLAN DFS 199 I-CAPO 299 IOMEGA CORPORATION BOX IW INSIDER 499 BOX I SO TRANSPORTABLE 599 BOX ISO CARTRIDGE lOS KOSS SPEAKER ADAPTER 9 SPEAKERS KOSS HCVI SMALL 29 SPEAKER WV4 LARGE 49 LEGENDARY DESIGN ADDRESS IT 23 IRVOCErT 13 MACROSYSTEMS NOAHJI'S V LAB VIDEO DIGITIZER 429 V LAI TK 420 V LAB A1200 EXTERNAL 479 VLAR MOTION CALL RETINA 24BTT DISPLAT BRD Ul & Zlll CALL TV PUNT PROFESSIONAL 219 TOCCATA 379 MACROSYSTEMS US WARP ENGINE 26MHZ 799 EFFICIENT i four times raster than hk jet
* '--unlike InkJet : On Off and On Hne. 1199 1429 B9 129 79 ScgUCRCER ORE 29 SEQUENCER ONE PLUS 72 HIT KIT 29 5AMPLE SERIES • AILS 45 SAMPLE SCRIES - ONI 14 HISOnBASKX M MEGALOSOUHD 19 VIOCOttASTER 69 V10CONA5TCR 1200 99 COLOR MASTER 79 PRONIDI 85 OXXI1 AEGIS SUPER BASE IV V.IJ IBS SUP0I BASE PERSONAL 4 no PARAV1SION MIZJOXASG'SQQ 299 MBX 12001 UMH2IMRI 99 Mil 12001 IS MHZ WZ 111 A1200 CLOCK limJWALl 25 PERSPECTIVE SOFTWARE CHET BBS V3 129 POSfTRON PUBUSHING DTNAMIC MDT10R MODULE IZS PREVUE TECHNOLOGY 5YNC STRAINER 42 PURE LOGIC SOFTWARE OWTHEIAU REALSOFT RCAL30 495 ROC TEC ELECTRONICS ROCCENPLUS 201 ROCKET 241 SAS SaiOOEvaOPNENl V6.S 119 SCALA SCAUECHD 179 SCAU MUUI MCDUVJOO 29 SOFTLOGIK pagestream 3.0 224 PAGESTREAM FONT PACK 1 41 I?* E HOUSE 1390 N. Hermitage Rd. Hermitage, pa 16148
- NORMALLY WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAT m OHM M 7 MI 91 Overrosht add 16 to above M, H, AK add S10 to atxjvfl APO, Fpoa CAKAOR are Srtppea Dy Mall add S8 to above PAGESTREAM POSTSCRIPT A TTPESMITH 2.0 SOFTWOOD 50nOJP5 CLASSIC CUP ART sonaips people clip art n»AL WRITER sottcups couictors cup art son cups animal cup art nkALCorrn son FACES VOL2 son FACES VOL 3 son r ACTS VOL 4 sen FACES VOL I PROPER GRAMMAR II SUNRIZE TOA5TIR HANDLER SMPTE OUTPUT AdlOlZR STUDIO II AD5I* 6 STUDIO II SOUNO SWITCH SUPRA UOOCM 2400 EXTERNAL SUPRA MOOEM 2400P10S MnPSi5U2 SUPRA MOOCH SUPRAFM VJ2BIS (144001 MOOtM SUPRAFAX VJ2 (9600) MOOOf SUPRAFAX 2BJ TRIMEDIA DRAWING Sun 6X1 DRAWING WAJK) III 11X11 CORDED DRAWING BOARD |tl 1 III* CORDLESS DRAWING BQARO III 12X12 CORDED DRAWING 90*60 HI 12X12 CORDLESS UTILITIES UNUMITEO EMPLANT C QELU1E VIRTUAL REAUTY VBTAPRO XO RED. 4MB DISTANT SUNS 5D _ VORTEX GOLDEN GATE 4MSLC GOLDEN GAH 4B6SLC2 ¦•'FD CHIP H RMMBM Q*n» MT ¦ MT Fovwtut otnen cnargi for UPS Ground m deliver In 2 days or iiu MrmjbonaiOrteninotAPO. Fmi Send «pr or ftu of front l oaa of Cnirft Caro w wwe. CM or fM tor snfcxang quoo. CWIWiri Oft. AM t5 NwittBW tc dwio* wtnom ran. Mum acctpwHor iq Ors Bfttr dttt of outnuM. CM Clsotw jffwc* w mi otwt rtturwBj. OtfKom rtOWH *4t» svnc Jttai m tKDcnng M in (PI ftrxwo ino not etcnjftuw tot am Cutionti Ittpwuy.t fci rtrjrr. Inppira wm PROTO KAUSTK (Off MftHtM---- Alpha Paint Now Shipping ONE OF VTLTs TOP 20 Products at NAB i " "(Toflo Crouton Tools Okay, so you own software like ADPro, SFC, Studio 16, Pixel 3D. ImageFX. Bars & Pipes Pro. AmiLink, Personal Anim Rec,, ImageMaster RT and others...and they all say lhat they're Arexx compatible...great!! Now what? You can spend all your time programming in Arexx to make these powerful applications work with each other, or you can continue producing videos like you set out to do. Crouton Tools 4000--The Easy to Use Video Operating System| = VOS)-was created by a video enthusiast with over 20 years ol experience 1100 Predefined vdeo tools. 150 NEW synergistK functions. ToasterSmart™ Directory Utility and Visual Logging System...power at' your fingertips! Crouton Tools 4000 greatly accelerates your pre- and post-produetic video while seamlessly integrating your applications directly within your Toaster environment. Tsoiz A must-have package for serious video professionals! Character
* Generation 94 Bit Imaging •' Sequencing Raptor PLUS NEW!! Screaming at.*. $ 16,895 The ultimate high-speed rendering engine for Lightwave 3D users! Bencharmed at 27 to 54 times faster than standalone LightWave-flrenf Melnack. Video Toaster User Magazine. Comes standard with 128MB RAM. Expandable to 256MB RAM. Screamernet 8-node license software and ethemet card are additional. New Used Raptor !l NEW!! Screaming at...$ 9,995 Lease A complete 24-bit Color Animation, Video, Graphics and Multimedia Windows NT Workstation, Intergrates into existing network environments to allow easy sharing of graphics files. Comes with: R4600 64-bit cpu = 300 MIPS performance), 17" ViewSonic Monitor, keyboard, mouse, NEC 3x-speed CD-ROM, 500 MB Hard Drive, 32 MB Rent base memory expandable to 128MB RAM (minimum 64MB needed to run ScreamerNet). 8-Node license of ScreamerNet software is additional. Leasing option available. Benchmarked at 15 to 30 times faster than standalone Lightwave! Upgrade $ 219.95 $ 109.95 T5068 T5015 Buy your Toaster System with confidence from DevWare and get support from Atomic Toaster! THE FLYER -NewTek’s Non-Linear Editing System fs coming!!! Order your Flyer from DevWare and Atomic and SAVE $ 500!! A Now Available-Artificial Intelligence for your Amiga and Toaster! PixPro2 now has complete AGA support. 2-Buffer lull color viewing modes, complete Postscript font AND file support* abject hierarchies support. Lightwave and Imagine Scene support, greatly improved DXF AutoCAD support and REAL TIME 3D painting! Upgrade lo the Amiga and Toaster s most powerful 3D Object Logo conversion utility ever I rsi** ANIM Workshop 2.0 Create, play, edit and add sound to your Anims...automatically! Use Art Dept on any all frames ol your animation! Now supports Anim5, 7 and 8! T5UH $ 89.95 Wave Link Mtsffil* SOFTWARE WaveMaker Effortlessly create ftying logos in seconds instead of hours! Tell Wa eMaker the logo you want to animate, how you want rt lo fly around the screen and what elements you want in the background, Saved time=money made! T5159 S144.95 Pixel 3D Professional V.2 Composite Studio Your ultimate program tor controlling ToasterPaint or OpalPaint! You can design your own templates, set shadow depths, do beveling, embossing, and much more. Comes with 40 templates! You can quickly and easily combine, resize, and arrange Framestores or RGBs. Composite Studio is perfect (or the video, multimedia, or broadcast professional. Includes Quickbrush 4000-a $ 69.95 retail value! T5294 $ 129.95 Call for pricing on Video Toasters & 3.1 Software upgrades Video Toaster 4000 New Version! T5155 $ 84.95 • ; i . -- , * f. The easiest, most accurate way to motion- animate with Lightwave 3D! Dynamic Motion Module ‘TIX'KjC 3CD without the Video Toaster Release 3.5 of Lightwave 3D necrporafss new features such as minis' tiers for numeric input, automat e keyframe ad.usfmen*. rev procedural textures. Automatic fade into the distance for lens flares, imago output up to 16CC0 * rSC-03 p xets and mare LightWave Modeler ados toe stunning Metaform tool, which allows you to Form organic shapes ham simple Doxes5 15353 Sbest! RGB Computer and Video, Inc.’s AM! Link AmiLink Professional Video Editor, leads the industry in ease of use and professional editing tools. AmiLink's unique user-interface provides you with a high level of system integration and allows you to control every step of the creative process using a single keyboard and mouse. AmiLink's edit list keeps track of everything that goes into making each edit, every graphic. Irame- store. CG title, keyer and TBC setting, Call tor pricing AmiLink CIP Personal Video Editor Is the entry- level version of the AmiLink Professional Video Editor and is perfect lor everyone from the small independent producer lo the seasoned post-production veteran, CIP provides (lawless control of a wide variety of affordable equipment with the feel of much more expensive professional gear. CIP bridges the gap between consumer-industrial and professional equipment by allowing you to add pro-level devices to your existing CIP system. Call for pricing From Innovision Technology. If you do Cgwork with your Toaster-you need MONTAGE. 24-Bit Graphics Breakthrough lor the Video Toaster from Innovisian Technology. Your definitive solution for video titlrng, image composition, and effects presen- lation lor the Video Toasterl Features: Incredible Real-Time Font Scaling andinteractive ‘click and drag" lont scaling allows lor unprecedented text display flexibility! Scaled texl retains ultra-high level anti-aliasing. The solution you need to maximize your creative output with your Toaster! T3053 Montage 24 Montage Fonts I Montage Postscript Module Real time font scaling ol Postscript fonts with independent proportional. Horizontal and vertical re-sizing. Effective resolution of 1 nanosecond regardless Otsize. T5237 $ 189.95 Montage + Postscript MqdT5244 $ 479.95 BrdcastTitler 2 Hi-res T3051 $ 164.95 Brdcast Titler 2 Font 2 Ti 162 $ 94.95 Cali for our free “Ultimate Video Toaster Product Catalog Version 2” A 22” x 34" poster with the most extensive listing of software, hardware, CD-ROM, accessories, videotapes and books for your Toaster-related needs. New! High-end Paint Box Performance for your Toaster! Create stunning network caliber graphics in a snap with this full-featured. 36-bit professional parnt solution! "Get true, REAL-TIME painting in 24 bils directly on your Toaster's display. "Full-screen. Iree-form WYSIWYG painlmg-with no waiting. * 12-bil Alpha Channel for image textunng. Blending and compositing. * Paint into your Toaster s hardware Video Mixing Channel for unique Live Video Transparency and Soft-Edge Feathering Effects! T5293 Scal! Montage Video Toaster Resource: For Video Toaster System Information:
(619) 679-2226 Call for Software Orders:
(800) 879-0759 All of our software is 100% satisfaction guaranteed! Toaster Toolkit 4000 The indspensible collection of utilities for Video Toaster users. Toaster Toolkit 4000 breaks all barriers for harnessing creative control over your Toaster Enwonmenl- allowing for presentation professionalism limited only by your imagination. You raved about version 1. Break free of the mundane with these new and improved powertods of Toaster Toolkit 40001 *Toaster Sequence Editor
• Toaster Pro|ect Editor •FrameStore Compressor
• AnlmtoFX •FXtoAnlm •Color Font Converter. T5095 Dark Horse Prod T5291 $ 98.95 Byrd’s Eye Software Toaster FX Paint directly on the Toaster's Program Output with Toaster FX and GVP's ImageFX!
• Paint, scan, image processing and morphing-all viewed directly on any Video Toaster output buffer!
• 24-bit painting tools with 8-bit alpha channel.
• Full screen painting with vanable zoom levels.
• Spedal effects Nters-fbpple, Distort. Oi! Paint. Sharpen and more T5290 $ 118.95 Swipes! Stunning new color transitions and special effects for Video Toaster 4000 users! Now you can gel: ¦ Dozens of NEW Color Effects! ¦ Special Effects overlays.
• Color transparency effects.
• Full-color animaied transitions.
- Alpha channel dissolves. Sparks by Metro Grafx Brand new version! The most powerful dynamic animation software available lor LightWave users! Particle animation system lor LightWave 3D. Particles bounce with real world behavior 6 gravity! Mulliple pomt gravity wolls allow bonding and directing the stream, liock or swarm of partides. Control Origin, direction, gravity, quantity, spacing, elasticity and mass. Complete with wind, gusting, flaking and swirling controls-adjustable per axis! Do in seconds what would take days to setup! T5I64 $ 144.95 Motion Master New! Professional Animation Ulilities for LightWave! Volume I T5316 $ 124.95 Indudes Time Machine. Extract, Path Flock, and Mouse Recorder that all aid in the easy generation of cascading envelopes. Volumell T5317 $ 124.95 Indudes Child2Wortd. Point. Wobbler and Volume Cube. Sparks * Mot. Mast. I&ll T5324 $ 369.95 ADPTools Professional A complete animation processing system! Create stunning special effects with this powerful spline-based amma tion system! Do more pro cessing in one pass! Process Alpha files for compositing, while moving video in another channel. Compatible with the most recent re ease of Art Department. Version 2.5! A must-have creative tool for all animators and video producers! ADPTools Professional is to Art Department Pro what LightWave 3D is to the Video Toaster! From Earobic Digital Systems. T3600 Art Department Pro Version 2-5 Newest Release! The premier image-based processing package, preferred by Toaster and graphic users everywhere just got better! A completely new interface and updated loaders.'savers'! T1160 $ 149.95 MorphPlus T1067 $ 124.95 Trexx Professional Tn8o $ 129.95 ADPro Conversion Pack T5146 $ 59.95 Pro Control for ADPro T5247 $ 64.95 New From Synergy Inti Hollywood FX creates amazing 3D effeefs for video and interactive productions, using Lightwave for the highest quality rendering. Includes dozens ol effects including multiple full motion video windows. 3D morphing transitions, particle effects and more. New libraries of effects will be available on a regular basis! Make ycur Toaster create video effects that rival Abekas and ADO systems-at a FRACTION of the COST! PAR users get the added benefit ol being able to map video or animated sequences directly onto objects in their Lightwave scenes without exporting first to a large hardrive. Hollywood FX exports an unlimited number of sequences from the PAR as needed. Post processing with Art Department Professional provides users wilh unique rotoscoped effects (e.g. processing video through Ihe oil painl or fresco operators) and batch conversion for playback ol eflecls or anims at HAM and 256 screen resolutions T5298 $ 379.95 ImageFX }f you use, or want to use, your Amiga or Video Toaster for photography, graphics, video, animation and more-then ImageFX is the laslest, easiest, most expandable, most adaptable and most powerful sel of color image processing tools available. SALE! T3060 gg gg ImageFX + ToasterFX Bundle T5292 $ 299.95 “LightWave 4000 For the Rest of Us” Volume 1: Flying Logos construct a logo from your clients letterhead, make hundreds ol special 3D fonts straight from any printed material add surfaces and images to make thorn shine! Fly that LOGO and animate it to tape without n single Irame controller1 Complox object motions made simple with tho null object. Contains a ¦Rogues Gallery* of 3G example surfaces. V4056 $ 36.95 :::: WmllliKS " mmmfi i o ..r_vr:::r_. ¦- • fc 7. : ¦" §r i ", » * 1
- ... - . New! 75 wipes and effects for your Toaster!!! 34 Live Action Wipes and 41 assorted 3D Style Wipes, Matte Wipes, Solt Edge Wipes, 16 level Afpha Elfecls and their own 24bit Effects! ProWipes Vol I =$ 69.95 Hollywood FX motions Videos Volume 2: Bones & Organic Motion Now! Swwnming sharks, swaying frees Use Bones to realistically animate almost anything. V4110 $ 36.95 Volume 3: Displacement and Bump Mapping Now! Construct landscapes. Anmale waving flags and moving water Displacement maps make it possible Use displacement maps to construct and anmate natural formations, and create spectacular spedal effects Running time 120 minutes. V4124 $ 36.95 Volume 4: Animated Machines New! From back hoes to alien walkers, almost any macfxnery you can imagine can be an-mated in LightWave! Learn to con Struct property fining machine parts such as gears, arms, pivots. Ball boanngs. Shafts and much more! V4131 $ 36.95 Got all 4 videos and SAVE! V4125 $ 129.95 Warp Engine The Complete, Mosl Cosi-Effective Acceleration Solution for your Video Toaster 4000! LightWave users & other anlmators-dramalically Increase your 3D rendering speed, speed up Image manipulation, and reduce FrameStore load and save times! The only accelerator that provides the high speed of a 68040, up to 128 MB ol local '040 burst memory and the fastest SCSI-II controller-all on a single card that installs in I ho CPU slot...leaving other procious Zorro slots Iree! 40Mhz Warp for A4000 T5285 $ 1419.95 33Mhz Warp for A4000 T5286 $ 1189.95 28Mhz Warp for A4000 T5287 $ 779.95 The Image Mirror A program for Special Effects, Animations and Image Processing from Seven Seas Software. Features: 24-bit, AGA, Video Toaster and OpalVision Support. Generate frames for animations with a fast preview mode. Images render directly into DV1 on the Toaster! Simple background and texture generation. High-tes 200ms, morphing and warping features. Two and three picture compositing features and much more all in an object-oriented, drag and drop user interface! T5315 $ 124.95 New Version 1.5 ! More Power! More Features! Was $ 299! II you do image processing, you must have the new ImageMaster R t. Rotargotablo operations gives, you true colors on all popular 24-bit cards and even adjusts the display to compensate lor, your monitors shortcomings, so what you see is truly what you get. T5100 iD MacroSystem Development 1 MAC itMASTER R 'E New from Noahji’s V Lab Y C Dig t-ze 30fps v-deo from videotape or laserdisc m full color’ Saves sequential frames as YUV. IFF24, or AGA ?ormats.T5l62 $ 419.95 VLAB Motion JPEG Board and Complete System Call! Retina Zlll 24-Bit Display Board w 4MB Get photorealistic display capabilities with this 24-bit graphics card and plenty of "chip ram’ lor your most intense graphic needs Go way beyond AGA and still maintain full compalabtlity. For A3000 or A4000. T5310 S689.95 Retina Zlll Board 1MB 1530s $ 549.95 StUdiO Printer Print 16.7 m:. On colors or 256 levels of gray cn Hewlett Packard Lase'jefs and Deskjefs as well as Canon Color Printers! Supports the latest 600 dpi printers too. True !o screen colors wilh color adjustment with 32bit accuracy. Also includes special drivers for PageStream 2,xx. T3062 S63.95 Toccata 16 Now available! Full lobit audio digitizer wilh 3 Slereo inputs. 1 Mic input and 1 stereo output. Toccata can digitizo at up lo 4BKhz in I6bi| direct to hard disk! Includes onboard mixer and optional ADPCM compression! T5222 $ 439.95 CtowenuraorphTng System, at an Affordable Price! Cocoon is a full-featured, professional morph ing system without the Rolls Royce price. You can load any IFF image, including-x m __ AGA formats and save ¦ £ frames as 24-brt, HAM. HAM 8, or 16-level grayscale. Perform warps and morphs using vectors-the easiest way to define and execute morphs. CocoonMorph doesn’t use grids or points like other less powerful packages. Instead. Cocoon uses linos and vectors to define your moprh which are easier, faster and more intuitive to define and yiokJ more predictable results. Cocoon also incorporates powerful image composition features and allows fine control over the rate of warp morph of DIGflAL PBQCE88HQ SYSTEMS HC Personal Animation Recorder PAR Card w 1GB HD T5276 $ Best PAR Card w 1.6 GB HD T5277 $ Best Personal TBCIV T5204 $ Best S-Video in and out, 4:2:2 processing tor the cleanest possible video image Personal Vectorscope T5205 Sbest Power Macros NEW! 17 Power Tools for LightWave Users! True 3-D explosions! Particle swarming. Batch rendering. Much more! Endorsed by Amblin Entertainment and The Tonight Show! T5299 HE? L°» Pmnrt $ 104.95 Blue Ribbon Sound Works PRO FILLS I'nttf, ti> * » n hit i - jf r,i; luJf iniirl nr rj-f I ¦*9f* $ 32.95 $ 32.95 $ 32.95
- «1 xs s ¦ £3 Order Toll-Free 1-800-879-0759 Technical support. M SS Or mail your order to: DevWare, Inc. - 12520 Kirkham Court, Suite 1-AW55, Poway, CA 92064 EMJct bqtmn Xriconc . Iix PAL rtdcwcjJl * c»ii Birp=sV>dnJiO!IH+«“4ill65 Ptw*rx) jvtbb&n o prodoci jrc fttyca inthaijr *rij.Viui himrtfntrnrJuly I9W. Fax: KCS 3.5 with Level If Stkswa .5® (Orig. List $ 299) Powerful 40-track sequencer that operates in linear or non-linear or pattern-based mode. Allows assembly of up to 16 songs, and features realtime graphic editing of notes and controllers, quick scoring and printing of standard musical notation, automated MIDI mixing. T5368 copyist dtp vi.s tym.m (Orig. List $ 349.95} Music printing and scoring program prints 100 pages of music on laser, PostScript or dot-matrix printers. With Adobe Sonata fonts. Supports IFF and EPS files. T5369 Tiger Cub Wowf 3ffiJ©€5 (Orig. List $ 99) 12-track sequencer with real-time graphic editing and instant standard music notation for display and print out. T5370 How To Order... From DevWare Vldeo ToolChest: Wrile your name, shipping address, daytime telephone and, if paying by credit card. Ihe card's billing address. Then list Ihe product codes of the items you woukJ like to order (i.e. V204Q. T2038. T2035.e to.) And the price ol each item. Enclose a check money order or credit card number & expiration dale & mail to: DevWare Video * 12520 kjrkham ct, Suite 1-AW55 • Poway, CA 92064 Sfttpptn Handllng: U.S.A.: add £5, plus Si for each addl unit shipped Canada: add $ 7, plus £1 lor each oddl untt- call lor Dook shipping. Foreign: Call tor shipping Into All payments in U.S. funds only. CA residents add 7.75% tax. 15% restocking fee on alt returned commercial products Prices subject to change witnoul notice. Not responsible lor typos. A minimum of $ 20.00 required on all credit card orders. Mastering Toaster Technology The step-by-slep guide from Video Toaster experts Brent Malnack and Phil | Kurz that no Video Toast-
* er customer can do witb- I out! Leam Toaster set-up and operation, rotoscop- ing techniques, how to make perfect 3D logos, creating mattes and flying mattes, how to master the alpha channel, and much. ___ much more. Plus 2 disk set filled with 3D objects, a beveled & color font set. Anim wipes and dip art. Includes Toaster 4000 su- plement, Bioe $ 36.95 A complete listing of all our books is available in our catalog..xall for your free copy! Aladdin 4 D New! New Version 3.2 has an incredible particfe system and B-splines (bezier curves) for sculpting more organic shapes! Rotate and resize all elements under C-Splme manipulation giving you in- depth control over the most complex design ideas you can imagine. Supports powerful modeling animation tools, polygons ol any number of points, splines, lens flares, lights, paths, wave sources and gasses. Paths can be hierarchically linked to control movement rotation, can have unlimited number ol deform levels and support instancing. Even create your own tools! Too many mote features to list! T2031 $ 259.95 Genie Tools for Aladdin 4D New! Volume I An indispensibte collection ol modelling and productivity tools for Aladdin 4D users. From Shead Data Processing. T5325 S34.95 Aladdin 4D + Genie Tools Bundle T5326 $ 284.95 Dr. T’s Music Software Dimension Technologies The Jurassic Collection LightWave models ol Trexx, Pterodactylus, Gallimimus, Brachiosaurus and more! T5264 $ 129.95 Quickbrush 4000 100 Hi-res 24-bit brushes designed for CG4000 T5266 $ 49.95 The Wedding Collection Over 50 wedding-specific objects! T5267 $ 54.95 The Sports Collection Over 50 sports objects relating to football, baseball, hockey. Basketball and soccer. T5268 $ 54.95 The Music Collection Over 50 music objects! T52B2 $ 54.95 Wedding, Music & Sports Collection Bundle SAVE! T5283 $ 149.95 Odds & Ends Over 200 objects for UghtWave! T5295 $ 42.95 Backdrop Construction Kit 100 backdrops T5296 $ 42.95 The Cathedral New Low price! T5297 $ 47.95 From Visual Inspirations Transporter Version 2 T5342 $ 99.95 Automates sequential frame grabbing with Ihe Sanyo GVR-S950 and Sony EVO-9650 decks. Makes single framing and rotoscoping a simple task with BCD, AmiLink or other V-LAN controllers. New version supports all popular 24-bit boards! Digital Sound Track T5202 $ 59.95 Batch Factory T5256 $ 44.95 Artworks ClipArt Library T5194 $ 32.95 Over 1500 images in this collection! Pro Textures Combo Coll. T5192 $ 59.95 Completely seamless real world images. Road Signs New! T5327 $ 44.95 50 objects for use in accicdent reconstruction & outdoor scenes SurfacePro New! T5162 $ 62.95 A versatie set ol seamless LightWave surfaces. Amiga CD-ROM AsimCDFS V2 T5092 $ 54.95 Texture Heaven tsisi 554.95 Texture City T3089 574.95 AmiNet T5077 S27.95 Gutenberg Desktop Lib tsobz $ 34.95 Space and Astronomy T5255 $ 29.95 ndesis 3-D ROM T5313 $ 139.95 rid Traveler tsu4 529.95 The “Screen Generator” program included with all Pro Fills Volumes can generate super bitmaps up to 10,240 x 10,240 pixels with seamless, matched edges using the colored patterns and color palettes included wilh each volume. Pro Fills Volume I In 75 Pro Fills Volume II Tn?6 Pro Fills Volume HI T55 66 Pro Fills Volume 1 thru III Bundle Save! TS179 AMIGA CD-ROM SOL $ 89.95 Mitsumi internal double speed CD-ROM drive AtfaData Tandem Mitsumi Controller Card. T53S1 $ 309.95 HomeBuilders’ CAD Deluxe - Sale Priced! A full-featured CAD program, Includes: Contractor's Upgrade. HomeBuilders Library 1 and DeckBuilders CAD Design and Estimating System for Decks. From a room addition to a cluster ol condos; HomeBuilders CAD makes it easy to design, change and estimate your next project. Features include: *20 acre drawing area.
• Accuracy to 1 60th inch. 'Supports buildings over 200 stories high. *Over 300.000 layers. *Over 60 predefined doors and windows. Contractor’s Upgrade allows you to have up to 1000 items (instead ol
450) per layout. Library 1 is a library of furniture and custom kitchen cabinets. AmigaDOS 2 compatible. Requires 2.5MB of RAM. Original list of over $ 400! T4032 HomeBuilders’ CAD 2 Includes all of the above except Contractor's Upgrade and Library 1. AmigaDOS 2 compatible. With 2 disk drives, requires 1MB. With hard drive, requires 1.5MB. Original list price: $ 249.00 T2040 $ 34.95 Version 2 The inexpensive and powerful ISM VGA Emulator solution for any Amiga! This amazing program fets you actually RUN MS-DOS software on your Amiga! PC*Task runs as a task on it's own screen--leavmg your other Amiga applications free to continue to multitask. PC-Task is a software-based, emulator and. As such, is not' as quick as a hardware” brldgeboard. But is also' hundreds ol dollars lessP Perfect for your occassional MS-DOS needs. PC-Task even allows you to use your Amiga's serial and parallel ports lor Ihe PC emulation! PC-Task even takes advantage of an accelerator...the faster your Amiga, the faster the emulator runs! T5072 Oktagon (SCSHI A3000 4000)T5240 $ 134.95 AjtaDrlve 3.5’ External Floppy Drive for al! Amigas T5253 $ 74.95 AltaScan Plus 400 DPI Hand Scanner with Touch Up Software T1024 $ 139.95 Mega Mouse 400 DPI replacement mouse lor all Amigas T5243 $ 27.95 AlfaOpllc Optical Mouse 300 DPI fully optical mouse T528B $ 44.95 Optical Pen Mouse For graphics professionals. T1017 $ 64.95 AlfaColor Hand Scanner T5214 $ 289.95 Scan & Save 256,000 colors on AGA Amigas, 4096 on non-AGA Amigas. AlfaScan 800 DPI Hand Scan T5242 $ 184.95 Crystal Trackball T1019 $ 44,95 Track Ball with "glowing' crystal ball ALFA DA TA * T5239 584.95 Wu s. r«F e. r rC & n o IE
• Kn ** s - OctaMED Pro is the premier music sequencing package for the Amiga. Version 5 has been completely rewritten lor Kickstari 2+ (required) and features standard windows and pull-down menus for easy, familiar operation. Discover what Europeans know, love and depend upon. OctaMED doubles your Amiga's 4 channel audio capabilities for an ear-popping sight channels of stereo audio! Complete and thorough online, context-sensitive manual,.,no more searching through manuals! II ‘Standard Music Notation Display • 64 MIDI tracks • Improved control over sampler and sampler effects: Unused space can be removed from the start or end ol a smample, and looping controls are easier to use than ever. Pitch Changer ¦ Generic Slide Function -Built-in sampling software AutoSave -Full Printing T5051 $ 49.95 OctaMED Professional Manual The must-have tutorial and reference guide T5273 $ 29.95 OctaMED Pro 5 + The OctaMED Manual T5279 $ 69,95 OctaMED Professional 4 If you only have Kickstari 1,3. This is the version for you. Has all of the basic features which made OctaMED a worldwide best-seller! T4001 $ 34.95 Bars & Pipes Professional Ver 2.5 NEW Version! The Slate-of-the-art MIDI sequencer for your Toaster and Amiga--i$ now even better! New features and improvements have been made to the Track Window Menu, Edit Window, Song Construciion Window. Metronome. Printing. Tools and Accessories sections. Til 83 5219.95 One Stop Music Shop 16-bit. 32-voice CD-quality. Fully digital, stereo audio and music system! T5108 5549.95 PatchMeister Universal patch librarian with over 20 drivers. T5109 $ 54.95 Superjam! 1.1 in 85 572.95 SyncPrO Synch MID! With your multimedia, video and audio hardware! T1184 $ 169.95 Triple Play Plus 48 MIDI channels available in one interlace! T5028 $ 159.95 OTHER SOFTWARE AmlBackPlus Tools T5165 $ 72,95 AutoPalnt tor ToaslerPalnt T5142 $ 69.95 Batch Factory T5256 $ 44.95 Broadcast Tltler II SuperHires T3051 $ 159.95 Broadcast Tiller II Font Pack 2 T1162 $ 89.95 Brilliance v2 New! T5019 $ 99.95 DeluxoPatnt IV 4.1 T1031 $ 99.95 Deluxe Paint IV AGA T3058 $ 109.95 Digital Sound Track T5202 $ 59.95 Directory Opus 4.0 T1032 $ 64.95 Enlan DFS v2 T4Q10 $ 259.95 Helm T5O50 584.95 Imagine 3,0 Finally Available! T5234 $ 359.95 Playmation T1Q66 $ 299.95 Real 3D Professional v2 T5044 $ 384,95 Still kavsh't found what your looking for? We HAVE UANV MORE PRODUCTS.,.CIVE US A CALL! The Music Box OctaMED Professional v.s New Low Price!! Over 100f000 sold! $ 2.95' ea. 20-29 Disks ‘‘Special** Order 15 disks and receive a complimentary copy of Anti-Virus (a S20 value) AND pick any 3 disks of your choice* S3.45 ea. 11-19 Disks Serving the Amiga community since 1985 Public Domain Library New version of a Best Seller! WB115ABC: Torm 4.0 • If you have AmigaDOS 2- ard a modem, then ths is THE program for you Tern has an Aroxx port, scripts. Supports all popular Me-trans- ter protocol* nnd much morel We wish aD programs wore this good. 3 d>sk set counts as 3 Newest Disks VQ13: Toaster Textures reflection maps, bump maps surfaces a no scenes for LjghlWavO. V012: WainAclor - Animation p'ccessor Readswntesconverts many animation pxrture formats ana supports many graohcs boards, very ncet WB146: ImageKnlle Loads IFF Jpog. GIF images with manipulation like rotation, nO'SO. Fliers, halftoning, p-xefizing, edge detection and more Requires Workbench 3* WB145: Big Dummies Guido to Ihe Internet An interactive AmigaGuide to Ihe information highway and how to tap it! WB144: Molecule CPK renders space titling representations o! Atoms and molecules. Reqs WB3 0* a Hard drive. WB143; ViewTek THE definitive display utility. Versions included lor Amga. DCTV, EGS, FC24 Picasso. Cpatvfsion. Retina, IV24. Also includes new .MakeAnim? Utility. WB142: JCGraph A beaulito graphic package ...pie charts, 30 chads of all types . ExooH* EPS. IFF S D?aw2003 formatsi WB141ABCD: Amiga Verae Search The Author zed 1611 Kmg James Bib'o . Ontotil Compete cross re ter ercmg to all words is Included Requires Wbl 3* and 2 ftcpoy drives. WB140: Mr. Backup A powerful hard-or.ve backup Utility with lull tape drive supoort Formally Fiaq W02* FD101: WlpeOut Delentfer Defender is a Vtftuaty perfect clone of the O' g na Wrpeouf & a rmdb-sercikng shoofem up with great graphics and smooth ar mahe*' Requires * MB FD100; Pengo II A clone of the orig na com-on classic Requi'es 1MB chip RAM 1pr PAL mooe FD99: The Shepherd A Killer Gods Per.erltonger clone great graphics and Bound feJfects’ Refutes IME FD3SABC: Klondike AGA - Solrtarq a'5a outstanding hMes AGA graphics' Runs in mult ;c*n or any PAL jpHEmode F097: Bonanza - BattietHwo-a barttesh o game Tanx'n'Stuf-sook and destroy in a cool 4-way scrollng wotid. MileStones-play Mill* Bournes against the Amiga and Gatactoid-a gatox an type game FD96: Tetris Duel AGA - The next general on Teths..2 players can play head to head and sabotage each Otfteri Great graphics lor AGA machines' Req's A12QC Of A4QQO FD95: Deluxe Galaga - You should be paying S4G bucks for this one! All kinds ol power-ups and silky smooth motion Req'S 1MB Chp RAM (Fat - Agnus'- for PAL Mod* 0D93: Magic Ua*r Interface Greatly speeds development. Auto ScreeaWndow Font sens-t.v* interfaces and much morel DD92 Developer Cardans the o'hcral Commodore developers krts for the ArrugaGuiPa and Commodore Install Jti&iws . Jl must have lor all serious developers FD7; Pacman - Thts oisk contains servia’ paoroan type games including: PacMan87. MazeMan and Zcru*. Fdn: Las Vega* and Card Game* Las Vegas Craps ¦ Tne best Las Vegas Craps simulation every written for any computer Contains extensive HELP teat.re*. Also TK'fTy- One.VdeoPokor and more FD12AB: Stor Trek. Tho Game This is by far ihe best Star Trek game ever written lor any computet It features mouse control, good graphics, digitized sound effects and graat game- piay Counts as 2 disks Req tMb and two drives (or nd). I Comps nnrflptote i ' dtivee into 7J0K IBM t but our PC-Task emulator on our OoxWaro V«teb page FD13: Board Gemot - cor t.in 5 Monopoly. Dominoes. Paranoids, and others F017: Educational Gam** - This 04* includes several games for youngsters including geography, math, science, and word gangs, also includes '.’meet ot Fortune FD20: Tactical Games ¦ MechFcme, A game that simulates combat between two or more giant robots, ample words car. R begin to g ve you The feel of piloting a 30 - 43 foot tall, fire breathing, earth shaking cotossus that obeys your e*my wh m FD33: Arcade Game* - cfraddy a Mario Brothers tyoe ol gams Gertnls a target praebco game. P.-peUne a German interpretation of Pipe Dreams. Tron a lighi cyctes version, and Wetrpids a wonderful verson otwteroTds With a hdanous tw.st FD38: Games CrrDOagc Master - A great enfcbage game and tutor. Spades - a we i done card came. Ch reseCnKke-s - A computer version of this classic, Puzz - a slide p «:e puzzle game and construction set. We Save been the official Public Domatn Library of all the best Amga magazines Find out why these magazines choose us’ The first two letters on each disk indicate the orientation ot the disk: WB* general interest - most programs can be run from the workbench. FD games and entertainment. VO* are video related programs utilities and DD* advanced -requires thorough knowledge ot AmigaDOS CLI Thanks !o our extensive arsenal of anh-virus software. ALL of our software is guaranteed virus free' WB105AB: Workbench 2+ Extras 2 This sot contains the programs that should have been included with WB?> These powerful utilities take lull advantage ol Ihe many nnw capabilities that are available in Workbench ;f* Includes Tool Manager ¦ a wonderful utility to add programs to yout TOOL menu. Virus Protect on Dogr.idei ic.m Ffinances Workbench's "Show Av to display over -to distinct icons 10‘ dfterartl types ot Lius Bitmap I or) I nuo Sown Blankers a la fractals and splmer* .mo -.warming bees1 Requester Enhancers and CPUBM r*-o o-sk sot. Counts as two Fun Disks FD57: Arcade Game* - includes 2 truly commercial quality games. Mega Ball, an Afkarsc-ish game, 'eatures 5 musical scares and add cting gamepSay, Gravty Atack is a psychadei- lic trip through several different worlds each Efferent. FD59; Game Potpourri ¦ Xenon III rs an a most exact c'one of th commercial game ol the same name ...a great shootemup Crossword will take lists ol words & automatically generate wotd-soarch puzzles for any Epson compatible print*!. FD60: Gama* In Nebula, race ovtr a 3d world to destroy enemy installations IrJterTe'On: a great Dr. Mario done Enigma; is -t a game or puzzle? FD61; Games - Solitaire, great graphics, plays two versions, Kl de; an interesting piece of eye candy. Extreme Violence; 2 player kill or be killed game. YATC; A Tetris done with Artifical Intelligence Genesis, create realistic 3d fractal, worlds FD62: PomPom Gunnqr. An extremely smooth and wed done Work* War II gunner simulation Req 1 megabyte of mamcry. FD67: ArCadO ¦ Includefl Llatnatron a well-done Robotron clone Hat* fi a ’tefflftc* Zaxxon clone with multiple (svoisworid* and smooth diagonal croiing...a 10’ FD69; MlndQ*m*i ¦ H.xl enough of shoot-em up gam«, Relax and ot these 2i games exr-cse your mind instead of you wrtst FD73: Arcade Series • Intruder Alert' is a MUITI-IovbI 'Berserk’ ccre Features smooth gameplay. Great graoh cs S dgtezec sound f x F074: Arcad Series - R.r War -s an ‘Outer Limits’ clone With ypcto-izeo graphics VotherLooe S a 'Lode Runner’ bone with 50 love s In B tzTanks. Rwyre coming at you from at* directions'! Call m air strikes and use your heavy artillery to Survive! FD75: Arcade Series Descender i$ a c'ono cl the classic arcade game ‘Tempes!’. Complete with vectored graphics Tanx is the classic battle ol trajectories and inertia Between two tanks mcreoioly well done! Search is a maze game unkke any other induded is a level editor (oo. (Tanx requires 1 meg chip memory-Fai Agnus) FD77: Arcade Series - Ga)aga'92 Is a done of the arcade game with several gameplay enhancements-wrth smooooth. Sharp giapn cs, it's better than the original! Pharaohs Curse I* a cion* ol the ongmai C04 class c Diptamacy i* a beautifully computerized version ol the Avalon Hill board gamo- conquer or bo CortquSrud' FDBt: SupcrGximcs • Seme ol we best flames- Donkey Kong is setter than tna original wrfA art extra revet1 Frantic Frbdo and TraiiBlazc-r are tjotn fast-paceo arcade games Mad Bomber ts th® c assc game el 'Kaooom" redone witn an Am ga flare M ot these games are exce ant' FD82: Intrepid * kl the Arare ice you control a ' nk on a m-s- Sion to tescue «05tBQ« m tbs supedsy craftec Amiga ongmai. FD84: Games! Deluxe PacMan is oetter than the original- 20* mazes, special ’power-ups’ with oustanding graphics. ThtnkArrsaria is tno c'assic g.imo of conoentrabon-with iwawlr- tuify dtawn HiRes images FD85: Uchoxs: The strongest piayng Chess program available for Ihe Amiga penod Req 68030*. Workpench2*. 4MB RAM or mere Supports AGA (req 8MBI) FD87: OXYD- A comm.eraal quality game-s milar 10 Ma-ble Madness in nany ways, but *lows two computers to ‘ink S play together...see how many ot the 200 landscapes you can complete without having to get the fimf Dock*' FD38: AmyBouldordash - a cone cl the original c aasic
a. lrome y well done cpmpJele with level ed tor,2 complete sets ol levels and a level editor Requires Workbench i* FD89: Kastlo Kumqutl - A thoroughly entertaining and ChaF tanging maze advontdro game Great sounatrack end graphic*. Hoq s I MB Chip RAM (for PAL mode) FD90: Conquest 4 Dominton - Corquer :ne known world and mainta n dom n on ove* t-a microcosm of aconcmic surv va1 FD91; Popeye - A done ol the artginai C-6* dasib -Amga style w.m enhanced graphics Reo iMB chip RAM tor PAL FD92: Blast em - conra ns Scorched Tanks-a tank Paffie wth futunsbc weapons defenses & ’great’ c-ap- cs Ga.ractc'd >s a Gaiaxian Space Invaders game cdmp etefy Amiga-tirea FD93: McgnBall AGA • This is the one you ve been waiting fort Updated to knock your socks off THE best pd game to' the Am.gn Req s WB2. & 1MB RAM Show oil that AGA' FD94; Scorched Tank* - completely updated and compat blo with AGA 3 O' 60 dtferont ways to blow each other away1 An outstanding game ot angles, trajectories & unique arsenals1 Workbench Disks WB4:Tclecommunlcatlon - This disk contains several excellent pd communication programs: Access i 42, Comm t 34 & Handshake 2 12a. See alsc WB102 & Wbl 15 WB5: Fonts *1- 35 bitmap lonts. Atoo included are live PageStream fonts,and ShowFont - a font display program WB6: Fonts *2 ¦ ShowFont allows you to quickly and painlessly view ml 256 character* in a typical Ion! Includes large AmgaOos system fonts imany up to Sgpts) W87: Clip Art Tms a sk ts loaded win back and wh te c>o art. Art incudes, trees watches, toois. US and State maps. FD85ABCD: AmlgaWofWs B«f • These four disks contain the hottest p d games I Includes Mother Lode. Mqrta. Minefield. Pomg. Intruder Alert, Deluxe PecMan. Rocky and Super Arrtiery (see Dec '92 AnvgaWortd) Four disk set. FD39A&8: Star Trek. The New Generation • Thts is a com pietely efferent version ol Star Trek than mat found on FD12. This one was created ay the German author Tobias Excellent1!1 Counts as two disks. Requires S12k FD50: Submorine Game - Sealar.ee. one and a half years in the making, this is an outstanding submarine tactical game. Commercial quality, highly recommenced GUARANTEE “ We believe so strongly in our product that we offer a full lifetime, complete satisfaction guarantee. No questions asked. WB33 Circuit Board Design - several ternfiq roit nes for the electronic enthusrast, Inciud ng PCBtooi - a circuit board design tool. LogieLao - orcuit logj; UmhH and Mead (i 26) a well done now release of th.s FD CAD program, row com** with predrawn common qlrcuil components tor insertion into schema dcs WB35; 30 Graphics - This disk contains Sforns - Fu4 vector font set 1cr us a with 3c programs.TorrtMaker - iRaxe 3d tools frqm any System font, Make30Sfiapp - create 3d Shnpes from any linage, OirrnptolFF - create 3d animations preserves pa(- leT. Wor'd3d ¦ a demo of n front end fbr use with DKBPtondon WB36: Graphic* ¦ Od this d.*k are several prog-ams to create Stunning graph cat imagns intkidnfl, Mpaih - create* swir'ing galaxy Images, Rases • produce an unlimited nu*rb*r o* varia- ; ons of imapn thatasymmetriqafly Similar to a rose. S mGen - display tho*-.- spectacular mages as part of your workbench, and FuySh idu - a very good raytrac ng program create your own beautiful 3d graphic mode!* with this one' WB37: Educational - Educational games and puzzles that cover math, geography, spelling and books Ages 6-15 WB43. Business - This dsk contains AnalytiCa c - probaWy the most powerful spreadsheet program on the Am,ga A ¥u« featured sproadshee: wth many features expected in a cgro- mercual package Req 1 2 MB WB46: Clip Art - HignRes cl p art wipi the following mails emtreli Shmoms (pprofiti, dodflds ). People. & wnsport.ition WB47: Clip Art - Hires Clip art MoMs * hair, drafrng, summer .mimnis and macfood V B48: Clip Art ¦ Hires dip art Moths - Hohdays, muse medi cal, and misc. WB53: Graphics • Raytracing programs generate absolutely stunning realistic lookira plarteS,T0CketS.:but1Clngs.... and surreal images C-L ght >s the most powerful EASY-TO USE of it's kind wo haws aoen to date. This is easily better, and more full featuied. Than similar commercial programs casting in the hundreds cf dbter* Also sMovie * a full featured video texf btier similar to ProVidao. Broadcast Titter. Great video acroll rg, w»p*v rpeool •ftfcrs and mo-e... WB54: Printing - This d sk contains several routines to help with the chore Of printing Induoes Gothic - Finaily a Banner printer tor tire PD' PrireStudio -a well implemented af-purpose printer-utility with a very comfortable graphic interface and many advanced leaves, Lia - wth ease, print ASCII files to a PcsiScr pt printer, and more. WBS5: Application - Xcopylll - a full featured 0>sk ccpiei, make backups pf copy protected disks RoadRa.Ie - find the quickest route (torn ore cty to another, highway description included. D ary - a d ary prog-am Ske *Dougy Houmt M O'. Cot ¦ a catendai program. Magman - a database lailofed for art*- de* and pubicatiOflS W057: Animation • This disk has several ’Demd* animations. Including, BliT'er. Loily. Sun5. Vertigo, vortex, and xenomorpb. WB62: Midi Utilities Several useful midi utlitieE including, program* to transfer to and from several music programs lo mid’, a mid. Sysex handier, a rhWi recorder with tiiteDaso. Display midi info, file sequence player, and a lew flcdres WB63: Disk Utilities 3 Several highly recommended programs to aid In ramovi'ig dup cats files Irom you hard drive, performing fil* backups. Binary editing, fast formatting, tile recovery, and torced disk validation ol co-rupt disks WB66; Icona *2- Lot s of real icons Also, several wonderful programs that to to: you create your own icons, mod fy and manipulate icons and irfo structures. WB69: Music - 50 m rutes cf dass.cal ard node-n e ectronc music for you Amga. WB75; Music - over 100 instruments files (.Inst) and sample sound fitos ( ss) WB79: Homo & Business Accounting - Includes CkOacct • a checkbook balancer, LCDCato - this well done calculator has a very large display and operates from the keyboard or mouse. Mileage master - montor your automobito mileage with this mileage log Grammar - a grammar checker, and Worldt me - find out what time it is In up to 50 global Cities. WBU9ABCDE. FontSel Tn,scoi-sr-tipncortgirseye*1 etecasjor ust-wrth Prbfesdionai Paga'PagbSnhti " ..;i I '. Toots ' osz-J . : 1 . '
* ' or Ool-mailix printer with- no jMgios;.thanks tb.OuHih fontsl, Vt.ry pro-ioBking S disk set. Counts as -r WB81; Gront Applications - DataEasy a very easy fo use. Database program Don tot the ease of use too! You. This is a very toll featured database program including full printer cont o for address labels and mail merge applcattons A so includes, TypoTut a good typ ng tutor. FiLC a full featured abe! Printer. Banner, a mylti-fon! Oarrer maker, and Budget a heme accounting m a program. Hghly recommenced WB82: Animations Four full lengtn. We' done ’movie' sty!e and more WB9: Icon* • Truly a multitude Of var Ous types and kinds. AJ&o includes IconMiesler. TconLaO. And Other* great utilities to hep generate icons WB12: Disk Utilities - Tms great disk is loaded with wonderful utilities tor everything including making disk labels, disk cataloging. Disk optimizing disk and file recovery archive and orga- mzing, and all sorts of file manipulation, A must have! Wbi 3AB: Printer Drivers and Generator over 70 different drivers (including HP LaserJet 3 S 4'). Also indudas a printer- driver generator Two disk set counts as two WB15: Business This disk contains a spreadsheet a database, a project,dime management program and financial analysis (stacks). WB10: WordToxt Processors - This disk contains the best ed tors inciudes.TsxtPlus (v2.2e) a full featured word proces sot. D*ne(vt 35) a great programmers ed tor with stoong macro features.TexEDlv2 8) an enhanced Erracs type ed-tO'. And a spe'! Checker WB22: Fonts 3 - Several more great fonts These, like the other font disks work great with Dpa-nt and WYSIWYG word processor* WB23; Graphic* and Plotting - Plot, a 3-D mathematical function plotter Can plot any user defined function, BezSurt2 - produce awesome pictures of objects one could turn on a lathe Can also map IFF image ties onto any surtacc that rt can draw Now compat'Oie with most 3D packages, ard Vscraen ¦ makes a virtual screen anywhere WB25:Educational On this disk are two programs that can generate maps ot differing types. World Data Base uses the CIA's data base to generate detailed maps of any ania-ed user giobal coordinates. Also Paradox a great demonstration of Albert Einstein General Theory cf Relativity. WS27: Nagel - 26 Patrick Nagel pctures ol beautiful women Special Product *New Release!! QT3: The A64 Package Version 3 * A very complete Commodore 64 emulator. Supports any CPU and is fully compatible with Wbl .3 S 2.0 and now 3.0! This version includes a special adaptor that win allow you to connect your 64‘s 1541 disk drive 10 your parallel port of your Amiga for total emulation. AU-new transfer software' Special price $ 59.95 -wilh hardware WB121: ProPage3 4 Enhancer - Th‘S Cisk contains over 40 ’Gen es’ for use with ProPaga 3-, toctod.ng usetoi ones like Make Pie Chart and Resize Text to fit Box to name a few Also includes structured & Odmap cl pan for unique horde's a must have tor a:i Ppage 3 users. Wbl22: System Optimizer - Kcommod.ty enhances your system, gives memory mete'S. Mouse keyboard enhancements. Online timers plus many others .too numerous 10 list Reorg will optimize hard and t!oppy-d sks for a big speed increase HDMem will allow you to use up to 2 megs ot hard drive space for virtual memory! (Req 6S020+ w MMU) Al programs requre 2.0i-. WB123AB: Flags ol Ihe World - same as WB124, but tor Workbench 1.3. Req. *MB. 2 disk set. Counts as two Wbl 24: Flags of the World - Two modes: cltok and learn or a game to test your knowledge. Groat graphics-fantastic learning tool. Has current Russia & Yugoslavia republics Req Workbench 2.0* fi tMB RAM. Wbt27: Blanker* - Over 20 different screen blanker* Most run on Workbench 1 3* a few requre 2.0* WB128: ColorFonts - contains 12 color bitmap fonts for use with Dpamt or any software that supports Coto'Fonts WB129: Super Virus Killer • From Safe Hex Inti who catalogs ana khls Amga Viruses w£>tfc?w 2?~a comptote virus system that knows a I Amga viruses-.updated often Peg. WB 2* WB130: ToolManger 2 - The ultimate too manage* tor you' WotkoersCA. Add animated cans, so-j-id effects and docks’ o’ programs to your WB .very useful1 Rea 2 0* and ha*d drive Wbl31: MagTc Workbench ¦ Make your 2,04. Workbench mrrlt wth sty’e with lhese B-cdo* dithered icons Easy auto ¦nfllAUs in mmuie*. Req'S WB2 04* and hard drive Wbl32: Canon Sludto Version 2 Specal prmter Preferences edrtor and drivers for BJC 600. 600 fi 8fi0, LBP Al. A2 BJC 800. BJ 5, 10. 20, 200 230. 300, 130 WB133: Panasonic Sludto - Special printer Preferences odi tor and driver system for all Panasonic 9 & 24-pin printers WB134: 3.0'AGA Bianker - BhtzBlanker for WB3.0+ 14 differ Wit blankers to ready show off your AGA machine! WB135; 3.0 Extras 1 - 13* utiiirtos for WB 3 0. Several must haves for getting tho most out of your new graphics modes WB 137: Tho Arexx Guide ¦ Full Am gaGudo (Inc.) Documon- to teach you Arexx!!! Tip-filled with easy x-r*lar*ncipg' WB138; 3,0 Extra* *2 • Another disk chocked fplf of utfltos to unleash The power of Workbench 3.0 and AGA" WB139: MIDI Performance Manager Utility to manage a MIDI synthesizer and othe* MIDI ecuprrent RequiTM WB 2* Dev Disks DD54: Compression - Tne best Fie compress on programs ard aids foi the Andga Pdudes Arc. Lhsrc. Lhwarp, Pkax PowerPickar a must have by ail, Zip, Wa*p. And Zoo DD71AB: C Compiler ¦ Th-s disk contains DICE l.tntthnw Dillon's Tull toaturad. Powerful C comp tor fi env ronmdnt 2 disks, ccmr njfg. VH DD79abcd: Amiga "C" Tutorial - This is the most com prehens ve C language-Amiga onantedse: o(tutorial* available Includes full working examples, source code and an Incred b e set of lessons. Included are full discussions and examples tor Antlga programming. 4 disk set, counts as 3 0088: The Programmer - Includes GadTools and REOTools Which wil allow you to create your user interfaces and then the program will automatically generate ’C" source code or AssorrOy-codo Requires, and writes code for. Am gaDOS2* DDB9: Uedlt - Probably .’he most powerful text editor tor the Amiga Previously commercial, row public domain. 1 MB DD91; PorBench - Allows you to easily connect network two Am gas CDTVs together and share storage dewces Req s custom cable = docs to make cable meluded- easy) ? 090: Advanced Utilities - ComoressD.sk doubles the capacity of your hard-dhve on the ty with compress-on" Aisc contains; o sk optimizer. SCSI mount utility. Keymap edtors. Entorce'. Undefeter fi more. Most programs require 2 0. An-mnt'Ons Including, Coyote. Juggerll. GhostPool. 4 Mechami. 2 disks, counts as 1 WB93: Workbench 1.3 Extras 2 Contains in* utnlifio* ttiat Commocora shouto have sh ppec with the Am ga. V ru*X4 0, Snap. FuD sk (recover corrupt deleted Mes). D sk Optimizer (t'Oppy & ha’d) Machtll (screen blanker, hotkey, mouse accel , macro, dock utility). GOMF (a gu-ubusterjara PrmtStudio, V B95: Checkbook Accountant 2.1 - Definitely commercial grace; wa ve seen many checkbcox o'ograms and this is the best Ful budgeting, transaction recording & report generation, WB96; Oupers - Contains Xcopylil fi Nib which will backup copy pro’ectod programs FreeCopy removes cooy protection from several programs, and Supe'Dupoe will crank-out fast AnngaDOS copies Wbl02: Telecommunications - Contains the programs Ncomm 2 0 ana VttOO-29B Zm.odem protocols. XPR protocol support, full VT100 emuLatcm Nccmm s script larguage is so powerful rt cart create a full-featured BBS system Wbl 06: Homo Manager - This to 3 great all- n-ore address book wtn an autod-a'er rctepadto-do list apoo ntment sched- u er home inventory database and phone number d'ater Wbl09: VerseWise - Display, search and print The New Testament WB113: Sid II • Why pay 40 bucks tor a d rectory utility, when this one Will do >X all Pus much note' A tru'y prctess onal cal- iber program S-d 1 was our best, row completely rewritten. Sid 2 will astound you WB114: Fonts *4 - Contains 36 bitmap system lonts Wbl 16: Databases - This is what you've been waiting tori Contains 5 uniquely specialized database programs for tracking: ViOeotapes. CD's. Magazine Artic’es Com c Books and Trading Cards! Wbl20: Grinder • a complete graph CS conversion package that supports GIF's, Jpeg, Neochrome. Dogas. PCX. Targa, TIFF. HAM E and IFF tormat pictures. An invaluable tool tor all desktop-videographers and desktop publishers V06: Modeling Objecls Contains 20 vector obocts in imagine tormat Tnese are perfect tor use wth Imagine or other compatible P'OOuCt Includes Amga 3000. Space station and many more' V07: StarTrek ObjBds - Contains the USS Reliant. NCC- 1701-D (om ihe Next Generation), a Ferongi Marauder ship. As an aeced bonus, contains a fully delated Porsche 911 and Apache Attack helicopter-all in Imagine format. V09: Imaging • Included on this disk are Ihe indispensable utilities. Rend24, ViewTek and the JPEG utilities Rond24 1$ invaluable for 24 b-t animators allowing for previews on AGA and non-AGA Amtgns ViewTek plays back anlms of all sons Including Amm 5, 7 and 8 formats. VO 10: Icoons - A spline based ooject modeller for Imagine Also includes Imagine Stagm Editor Requries 68020* VO tit T3DLIb - Converts Imagine objects back and lorlh to tne popular Textual TDDD (TTDDD) ItxmaL Wbl 18: AMIGA Beginner- You inked tor it' A complete tutorial lor tho beginner on us ng the Amiga Starts you off at the pov.TT-switch and takes yci. Through to the CLI Shell and ail points in between. Bonus' Also included nro 16- color .cons to 'totoce every icon in your 2 0* Workbench. Video Disks From p. 11. Record the approach of Haley’s Comet. Bodies in Orbit Iti addition to the aforementioned capabilities, DS5 includes a number of notable new features. In older versions, planets appeared as tiny bit-mapped images that lacked any sense of depth. In DS5, all the planets in the solar system are recreated with wireframe 3-D images. Using a variety of viewing controls, you can hover behind a planet, zoom in front of it, or see it from a wide variety of angles and distances. For additional viewing material, clicking on a planet will provide you with a number of IFF pictures, including eight 256-color AGA images. Also new to DS5 are additional Arexx commands, a handy tool palette of program commands, and enhanced program performance. As with previous releases, Virtual Reality Labs provides a wealth of data disks containing additional star and image data. Reading Your Stars The included 128-page instruction manual is filled with fascinating tidbits on astronomy and basic celestial mechanics, Distant Suns 5.0 views from space, too. Plus a handy guide to purchasing your own telescope. Virtual Reality offers technical support by telephone, a 24- hour BBS, and an online support forum via CompuServe. Unfortunately, DS5 still suffers from a programming malaise that has afflicted all previous versions slow performance on unaccelerated Amigas. Another shortcoming is the method of adding new images to the database, which involves manually editing a text file so dial the program recognizes the new images an unnecessarily cumbersome process. These blemishes are admittedly minor, and they detract little from an oth-
* 4 erwise exemplary product. If you’ve always wanted to explore the heavens from within the safe confines of your own home, look no further than DS5 for the best in simulated space exploration. JeffJames Composite Studio Dimension Technologies, $ 199.95 Any Amiga equipped with Video Toaster or OpalVision.
2. 0 3.0 compatible. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: Video Toaster or OpalVison, 2MB chip RAM. Recommended system: Same as minimum. Productivity software for ToasterPaint and OpalPaint. A few years ago, I painstakingly created several hundred individual graphic stills for a kiosk system. It was quite a chore. Now, a new product from Dimension Technologies, Composite Studio (CS), is squarely targeted at sim- piifvingjust such a project. Using either OpalPaint or ToasterPaint as a drawing engine, CS allows you to quickly build up an array of fully customizable display graphics for virtually any type of presentation. This review deals with the Video Toaster version. Studio Work Once installed, the program runs from its own private screen while ToasterPaint runs on a hidden screen (use Amiga-M to flip between the screens). Composite Studio drives ToasterPaint via Arexx, but you never touch a single line of Arexx code everything is done from CS’s interface. The main part of the interface is the Template window, which is a symbolic representation of the image you are building. Each element in these representations, called templates, is placed and sized from the Editor window. Then, in the Template Book area of the interface, each completed template is represented by a crouton that you can save for later use or editing. The remainder of the interlace is composed of gadgets for defining each element in a template, plus a render section for outputting the finished templates, which you can render interactively or from a list in batch mode. The program builds up a sei of fairly generic template definitions in the Template Book, and then retrieves them and tweaks the individual element attributes as needed. For example, consider the kiosk application mentioned above. It is extremely common for an image displayed on the kiosk to consist of a main picture with two or more labeled button choices below it. You could store this as a base template and then assign a different picture with appropriate button labels for each rendered image. Artistic Templates It’s easy to create and change templates in Composite Studio by using its object- oriented approach. If you want to build up a large number of similar images, CS can reduce your hands-on time to just a few minutes per image. I recommend using the program’s batch-rendering capabilities, for it takes only a short time to build up enough elements in a template to increase rendering time to 20 minutes or so per image. Although the program multitasks nicely, you are not supposed to move the mouse while certain elements are being drawn. .Among the elements and attributes the program provides are color gradients, transparency gradients, IFF brushes, bevels, drop shadows, textures, and frames. You can use the attributes in- dividually or in combination for an endless array of eye-catching possibilities. Overall, the program’s operation is straightforward, and online help describes each area of the interface. The manual, however, is rather sparse and could benefit from a few detailed tutorials, I found myself floundering a bit at first trying to get things to operate, but it didn’t take long to figure out most aspects. If you inn into problems you can’t solve, Dimension Technologies* technical-support people are glad to help out over the phone. Quirks and Snafus The greatest shortcoming of CS is that it relies entirely upon ToasterPaint for all ? Vi rJTt- i-ui-Li_v i!>-U i. 1 ,.' J.i- V*> U >*fc-.«.j OhHobotics Sportster 14.4 Ext .139.00 Sportster 14.4 Ext FAX 149.00 Sportster 28.8 V.FC Ext FAX.289.00 Courier V.32 Teitio Ext FAX..389.00 to Order Call 800-544-6599 MON.-FRI. 9-8, SAT. 9-5 CST CUSTOMER SERVICE 414-548-8125 • FAX 414-548-8130 ft] Supra Corporation SupraFAX Modem 14.4 Ext 189.00 SupraFAX Modem 14.4 LC Ext 145.00 SupraFAX V.FC 28.8 Ext 269.00 E M S Armour-Gedden II 31.99 Beneath a Steel Sky 36.99 D-Day ..38.99 Heimdahl 2 .37.00 K240 (Utopia 2) .32.99 Kick Oft 3 ....31.99 King’s Quest VI ..41.99 Ports of Call 13.99 Starlord ......37.99 Syndicate ....38.99 Valhalla 32.99 RRODUCrT-IiVIJiYi UTILITIES Adorage2.0 AGA .145.00 BEST Accounting .133.00 Brilliance 2.0 ..Call Checks & Balances 38.00 Desktop Magic ...29.00 Disk Expander ...36.99 DynAMIGAche FS 31.99 Dynamic Motion Mod 1.5..139.00 Forge Essence ...75.00 HyperCache Pro 2.0 ......49.99 Image Mirror ...129.00 Imagine 3.0 .....365.00 LightWave 3D 3.2 539.00 MaxDOS 2.0 ......89.00 O GP FAX Generic . .....59.99 i ir © Rnal Writer II ... ..109.00 | ©Aminet Amiga CD 2 94 ....22.99 1 ©GIFs Galore ....19.99 1 © Tandem Mitsumi Contral!er...99.99 i © Ultimate MOD Collection. .....24.00 ©Gold Fish . ! © DOS 2.04 to 2.1 ©C Net Pro 3.0 . ....20.00 1 54 00 I ..124.00 I : B> ASIM CDRom FS .....
55. 99 I rageStream 3.0 ...225.00 Photoworx 129.00 Power Macros Lightwave....91.00 ProPics 29.99 SAS C Development ...149.00 Sparks .90.99 Super DJC 3 ......36.99 Surface Pro LightWave .53.99 Swipes .82.99 TrapFAX ......89.00 TypeSmith 2.0 .120.00 HftRDWAWE NT 486DX Emulation Module Call Accel. GVP 68030 650.00 Accel, GVP 68040 .....1039.00 Accel, Cyberstorm ‘060 Call Accel, Warp Engine 3033.1285.00 Accel, Warp Engine 4028...770.00 Accel, Warp Engine 4040.1429.00 Accel, DKB 1240 ..339.00 AD 1012 3.0 ....525.00 AmigaLink Starter 249.00 Boing! Mouse ...75.00 Drive, FID External 155.00 Drive, Iomega Ext 589.00 Drive, Syquest 5200S 200MB ..499.00 Drive, Syquest 3270 270MB 484.00 Emplant Deluxe .....Call Ethernet System, 4066+ ....339.00 Hardcard GVP 4008 ....158.00 sO'.>5 Z-'" ALFA ~DATA Tandem CD Controller 99.99 With Mitsumi FX001-D CD ROM Drive (2x) .....229.99 AlfaData CD 1200 .95.00 Now you can use the Mitsumi CD ROM drive on your 1200! AlfaDrive 3.5" Floppy 75.99 AlfaScan Plus 400 DPI Scanner Includes Touch-Up 189.00 AlfaColor Hand Scanner ...299.00 Oktagon 2008 SCSI-II RAM Expansion Card ....139.00 MultiFaceCard (II I O Card. 99.00 Mega Mouse 400 DPI 25.00 Mouse Joystick Switch 22.00 Mouse, AlfaOptic ..45.00 Trackball 3-Button 46.00 ROCTEC RocGen + 189.00 Works on ALL Amigas RocKey .. 195.00 For ChromaKey work A500 Flopply Drive 60.00 Internal version 1 II .1 s ColorBurst Color Scanner.... ...449.00 Scanner, B W400 DPI.... ..199.00 Scanner, B Ww OCR Jr... ...239.00 Scanning Tray w Merge.. .....89.00 Transparency Option . ...419.00 Migraph OCR Software... ...145.00 Migraph OCR Software Jr... .....95.00 MS 1200 Color Flatbed ...864.00 MS 2400 Color Flatbed 1065 00 SYSTEMS DataRyer 105S Syquest Ext ....729.00 EXPANSION DataRyer 270S Syquest Int 649.00 DataFfyer 270S Syquest Ext ..729.00 DataFlyer 500 8 ...199.00 SCSI+1200 4000 ...92.00 XDS 1200 ...74.00 Joystick, Advanced Gravis...35.00 Memory, 68030 040 ...225.00 Monitor, IDEK 17” ......949.00 Monitor, Electrohome 1440 489.00 Monitor, Panasonic 1383Y 329.00 OpalVision 395.00 Video Processor Mod 995.00 SOFTWARE ANIM Workshop 2.0 ...82.00 Pixel 3D 2.0 159.00 Pixel 3D 2.0 Upgrade ..95.00 Wave Maker 124.00 WaveLink ..79.00 Fontasia 300 .. 49.00 MIDI Cable .10.00 MIDI Interface ..42.00 Modem, 14.4 FAX including GPFAX .210.00 Mouse, Swifty 3-Button .29.00 Power Supply 2000 .155.00 X-CaliburRAM 25MHz .-410.00 Terms: Pos accepted Irom schools and government agencies'Personal checks require 7 days to dear* Defective products replaced promptly. RMA number required (call 414-548-8125) for all merchandise returns. Returns not accepted after 15 days. Returned products must be in original packaging, postage prepaid. Opened software not returnable. Shipping charges not refundable. Non-defective returns subject to a 15% restocking fee'Not responsible for typos. Prices subject to change. Personal Anim Recorder 1559.00 PhonePak GVP .249.00 Picasso II 2MB ...500.00 Printer, Primera ...759.00 SoundSwitch ...399.00 SuperGen SX ...669.00 Tape Drive, Connor Archive 250 364.00 Toccata 16 449.00 V-Lab Y C Ext ..469.00 V-Lab Motion Card ...1495.00 I CD ROMl DRIVES & TITLES Amiga CD32 399.00 SX-1 Expansion ......250.00 Chinon 535 Int Ext..379 455.00 NEC 3X Int ...479.00 NEC 3X Ext ..499.00 NEC 3XP Portable ...419.00 Plextor 4Plex Int .....575.00
* ******* 3D ROM (3D Models) ....189.00 Audio Gallery .55.00 Clip Art & Fonts .27.00 epsPro Clip Art 139.00 Fresh Fish ......20.00 Frozen Fish ....20.00 Meeting Pearls ...12.75 Nature's Backdrop 60.00 QwikForms ....49.99 Transition CD 1 45.00 Texture Heaven ..55.00 Amiga Pocket Workbench 26.00 Assembler Insiders Guide 59.00 Mastering AMOS 29.00 Mastering Amiga C .. ,27.00 Mastering Amiga DOS Ref ....28.00 Mastering AmigaTutoriaJ .28.00 Mastering Amiga Systems 36.00 ROM Kernals ..Call Ultimate AMOS 39.00 of its drawing operations. Now, not only is ToasterPaint a fairly buggy application, but its Arexx support is marginal, so I’m surprised that CS functions at all. According to Dimension Technologies, many of the peculiar operations seen while rendering are there to work around ToasterPaint’s idiosyncrasies. But be forewarned: While I was using CS, ToasterPaint frequently seemed to get confused, and either certain elements were drawn improperly or the framebuffer contents were not getting EG5 rendered. Hopefully, the long-awaited new ToasterPaint and upcoming versions of CS will help the situation. Another nuisance is the fact that ToasterPaint accepts brushes from Dpaint, but not from ADPro or ImageFX. Finally, I had hoped for text support, but didn't Find it. Display graphics tend to rely heavily upon text, and a lot of potential time saving is lost in having to do the text outside of the program. If you are doing any sort of display graphics, from family slide shows to Workbench Emulation Programmable resolution 50240 W Pontiac Trail Vmxom, Michigan 48393 Tech Support (810) 960-8750 Sales (810)960-8751 Fax (810) 960-8752 broadcast-news backdrops, Composite Studio can dramatically improve your productivity. And although the sometimes quirky operation can become frustrating, it usually doesn’t outweigh the time you save. Mark Thompson DirWork 2.1 Spectronlcs, S99.95. All Arnigas. 1,3 2,0 3,0 compatible. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: Any working Amiga. Recommended system: Two or more floppy drives, hard disk. All-purpose file and directory utility. Chris Hallies’ popular shareware file utility, DirWork, culminated its existence in 1992 with version 1.62, the much-favored rendition. An alternative to long-time commercial favorites Directory Opus (IXNOvatronics) and DiskMaster (Progressive Peripherals), DirWork 1.62 offered impressive power and speed. Many one-click buttons changed everything from screen modes to PopKeys and allowed you to view IFF images, text files, and icons. DirWork’s many file-handling tools made short work of moving, deleting and renaming files and directories. Well, it’s two years later, and DirWork (version 2.1) now appears as a commercial program. Complete with 166 pages of spiral-bound documentation, a sophisticated program editor, and a set of a dozen configurations, it’s an impressive package. Directory Work DirWork arrives on a single disk that quickly installs die program on your hard disk with the use of Commodore’s Installer program. If you choose the rugged-individualist route and skip the Installer utility, you’ll find that you need to edit the ToolTypes specified in the DW.info and DWEDit.info icons so it’s quicker and easier to use the Installer. A minimal installation is also possible, where you install the configuration file, DW, and DWEdit programs, then rename the configuration file as dw.cfg. The ToolTypes from DW and DWEdit should he removed. The install disk’s c directory also contains a conversion util- Continued on p. 48. _ __
- 'Dj -*"*v
- s - ¦ ¦ ; v-, ... ' . INFO: (212) 633-2290 FAX: (212) 633-7717 FAX US YOUR ORDER OR INQUIRY ESTABLISHED 1977 SE HABLA ESPANOL 1 We Ship Worldmde! Sptiial-of'tkfaonlh: Commodore 2.1 Rom Upgrade Kits $ 84.95 COMPUTERS ill 6TH Avm (CM. 20TH ST) NY, NT 10011 "Vour Video Toaster - Commodore flmiga Headquarters" KITCHCN SYNC Two Channel TBC $ 1169*95 CSA Twelve Guoge! 50Mhz Power for youruOO! $ 584.95 NCUJ! €pson CS600C 24 Bit Color Scanner ES800CS969Jj iJte Mac Emulatorl $ 339.91 Cditizer TiueWM*MiitiFomatEdto( Tocster Contrd* DPS 1BC Conlrd frteecxfcles! I A4000 030-25 120 Meg HD Toaster 4000 W New 3.1 10 Meg Ram Memory Set Up & Install Cgooi 420 Meg HD Toaster 4000 W New 3.1 14 Meg Ram Memory Set Up
* enu A4000 030-25 240 Meg HD Toaster 4000 W New 3.1 18 Meg Ram Memory Set Up & Install _ This system has more storage & memory for more involved applications Ask about our monitor specials when ord CSA Derringer 010 15MhZj33Mhz,50Mhz Available! J St UP fBETTER, $ $ 99.95 ¦*N Software! Amiback 2.0
39. 95 Amiback Tools
49. 95 Brilliance
124. 95 Image F X 1.5
224. 95 Disney Animation
69. 95 Gigamem CALL Aladdin 4D 3.2 CALL Art Expression
139. 95 Final Writer IE Ret II CALL Hotlinks Editions
74. 95 Morphus can Vistapro 3.1
59. 95 Dpaint 4.6 AGA
119. 95 Dr. Ts Level II KCS
229. 95 Directory Opus 4.0
59. 95 Wavemaker
139. 95 Deluxe Music 2.0
94. 95 Gold Disk Office
79. 95 Procalc II
119. 95 Distant Suns 5.0
59. 95 Anim Workshop II
89. 95 Lightwave 3D
499. 95 Softuuare Final Copy 2.0 69.95 Pagestream 2.2 (3.0) 164.95 Art Dept Pro V2.5 148.95 SAS Lattice C. V6.0 224.95 Imagine 3.0 399.95 Amax IV CALL DeskJet 560c Driver 39.95 Toaster F X 129.95 Real 3D V2.Q 379.95 Pixel 3D Pro 2.0 179.95 Alfa Paint CALL Morph Plus 139.95 Playmation 344.95 Interchange Plus 3.0 59.95 Montage 319.95 Trexx Pro 2.0 129.95 Montage 24 264.95 Montage Postcript Call CD-3 Inclt il a am mmo! SYNC STRAINER II! Y C Plus (Toaster) Trimedia Drawing Tablets Boca Ext. 14.4 Fax Modem Wavetools 16 bit sampler Video Slot Box CSA Twelve Guage 33 MHZ CSA Derringer A2000 25 MHZ Wacom Tablets (all) Fastiane Z3 Scsi ll RAM Optical Mouse Multiface 111 One Stop Music Shop Mac Roms F Amax ti Plus AD 516 w Studio 16 AD 1012 W Studio 16 Triple Play Plus DKB Megachip 2000 DKB 3128 Ram BD DKB 1202 20 mhz Mem BD 1 1 11 1 i i -1 . 1 Sco-ng is Bo!ic*ving S6blt Video Si Graphics System ¦ MewVsdtafiSL© Due to ad production schedules, our prices may actually be lower than advertised! THE VIDEO PROCESSOR IS HERE!! TOC's & Genlocks CALL CALL
449. 95 CALL Call
679. 95 Commodore 1942 Commodore 1084s
94. 95 IDEK 5017 sp Personal TBC III 669.95 Little Magic Box 579.95 DPS Pers Vscope 699.95 Hotronics AP 41 789.95 Hotronics AP 41 SF 1099.95 The Personal SFC 339.95 GVP G-Lock 374.95 Supergen SX 619.95 PrUrnge Std Con 1449.95 24 bit Frame buffer & Display Auto NTSC or PAL Double Buffered 24-Bit animations. OpalPaint, OpalPresents, & Opal Animate 14" CALL IDEK 5021
164. 95 NEC MS 3FG 4FG
194. 95 Canon BJC 600 CALL million Colorl ¦¦¦¦ FARGO PRIMERA loqqc rwnuu rn wcn« Dye-Sub for FARG0189.95 Main Board Multimedia Center DIGITAL Will not „ undersold! Call if you need a price beat
59. 95 Call Toshiba 3401B Internal Toshiba 3401B External NEC Multispeed 3xi Texture Heaven CD All CD related
* Pers TBC IV 779.95 t->- Pers Alim Pec $ 1564.95 Pers Comp Map! 429.95 Ruthorized Amiga Service Center Bring or moil in your equipment for in & out oTujorronty work. Factory trained technicians COMPLETE TOASTER 4000 WORKSTATIONS ON SALE N0W. A4ooo rm-a I Bernoulli 150 Ini Drive 449.95 Bernouilli 150 Ext Drive 549.95 Syquest 200 Meg Int Drive 429.95 Bernouilli 88 Meg Carte F Syq 89.95 Bernouilli 44 Meg Carts F Syq 69.95 Ext Chassis & Power Supply 89.95 Micropolis 520 Meg ide CALL Micropolis 1 GIG ide 749.95 Micropolis 1.7 Gig ide 999.95 Micropolis 1 GIG AV SCSI 949.95 Micropolis 1.7 Gig AV Scsi 1499.95 West Dig 340 Meg ide 249.95 West Dig 420 ide 289.95 Quantum 270 Meg Scsi 289.95 Quantum 340 Meg Scsi 329.95 Quantum 1 GtG Scsi 779.95 Seagate 1.2 Gig Scsi 799.95 Seagate 2.2 Gig Scsi 1499.95 Seagate 3,5 Gig Scsi 2199.95 Seagate ST3655a 499.95 Pana Maa OdI Drives CALL A4000 04040 520 Meg HD Toaster 4000 W New 3.1 18 Meg Ram Memory Set Up & install of all available resources! Further additions are possible. Piease caH to Discuss. 30 ANIMATOR’S DREAM SYSTEM! Sunrize Industries ? 'ADSMPJGAUHO; $ 1149.98 ? AmfllZIHND $ Cm testy lot ft)&U $ CALL Toaster 4000 Pal Adaptable! Mm A DEALER Drives m ¦ ¦¦ i nT GREATJl Trlstqte Is o Ml s@mim dlmhp (far pr@s md W§ mm mmni kfa§ fa W§© md §dM§@ rimiLink Cl 24 Bit Display I 3D Professional Authorized Dealer Lowest Prices Guaranteed! Editor Headquarters | Enhancements! Section Essence Vol I, I! CALL LightRave 3.1 279.95 Ethernet Solutions CALL Tapeworm 84.95 Pamet with Cable 37.95 Wedding Collection 69.95 Dynamic Motion CALL Wavelink 69,95 Imagemaster R T 79.95 Humanoid 129.95 [The Cathedral 59.95 Sparks 89.95 [The Jurassic Collection 99.95 Mulliframe 89.95 $ 1995 CALL Cl P A B Roll Cl Cuts Only Combo 040-33mhz 4 0 GVP I O Extender A4000-40mhz 040 TBC Plus TBC Plus Remote Simm32 1mb Simm32 4mb Simm32 16mb A1230 no FPU.Ok A1230 w FPU,4M Phone Pak VFX DSS8 + Sound Studio Image F X 1.5 A4008 SCSI Merlin 4mb IV-24 24 bit Graphics Talon RGB for DCTV DCTV EGS Spectrum 1 meg EGS Spectrum 2 meg EGS Spectrum 110 Picasso 1 meg Picasso 2 meg
1049. 95 CALL CALL
539. 95 CALL
129. 95 CALL
599. 95 CALL
209. 95 CALL CALL
149. 95 VLAB Motion 379.95 VLAB Int Y C 439.95 VLAB External 439.95 Retina 2 MB 489.95 Retina 4 MB 519.95 Retina 4 MB w TV PAINT 699.95 Retina Z-lll 649.95 Toccata 16 bit 389.95 Warp Engine 040--40mhz 1499.95 Warp Engine 040-4000-28 749.95 Sparks Animation 89.95 Multiframe Adpro Call TVPaint 2.0 Pro 219.95 Studio Printer Driver 59.95 NEWIEK Authorized Dealer Prime Image Dealer We also carry a full line of Cameras, IBM Computers and related Multimedia, Faxes Darkroom, Video and More Call us to help design your 3D Animation Solution Beginner to Hollywood! Fresh. Custom Configurations our specialty. IvaiiableU.S and Canada. Accepted. Overnight shipping available. 15 Day Money back guarantee. All Mercfoa Prices subject to change without notice. Not responsible for typographical errois, E COD COLOR: Biaoi CD-1401 Monitor Requires Video Toaster Enlan DFS AmigaNet Board Network Your Amiga! AmigaNet board features both Auf and BNC ports. Special Combo Price .$ 879.99 INCORPORATED Lightwave 3D Standalone Toasier3.1 Upgrade ..$ 499.99 Lightwave v3.5 Upgrade* .....89.99
* For owners of v3 0 or v3.1 only WARP ENGINE ACCELERATORS 4040 w 40MHz 040 - A4000 ..$ 1,349.99" 4033 w 33MHz 040 - A4000 ....1,149.99 3040 w 40MHz 040 - A3000 ....1,419.99 3033 w 33MHz 040 - A3000 ....1,149.99 PRODUCTIVITY Address-11! Vl .5 ...New Version.S27.99 AMAX 4 .. Color Macintosh Emulator~.329.99 AmiBack v2.0 .HD Backup....49.99 AmiBack Tools ... .....41.99 AmiBack AmiBaok Tools Bundle... Bundle Saves 523.99!.....59.99 Batch Factory .Awesome ToolsL..34.99 CrossDOS v5.0 w Cross PC ... 34.99 DevPac 3 Assembler ... 76.99 Directory Opus v4,1 .....57.99 Distant Suns v5.0 .... 57.99 Edge Pro .Text Editor from INOVAlronics....59.99 ENLAN DFS v2.0 Ethernet Software .... 249.99 Final Copy II Release 2 .All-Time Best Seller!.....59.99 Final Writer Release 2.0 109.99 GP Fax Software (Class 1 & 2) 59.99 Home Front v2.5 ..., 32.99 PC Task v2 0 .....Color VGA SVGA Emulator!,.. 29.99 PHA$ AR v4.1 Home Finances!....47.99 SAS C v6.5 Development System w C++ ....129.99 Studio Printer Software by MacroSystem Development 59.99 AMIGA & CD” GAMES Armour Geddon 2 ......S34.99 Banshee (AGA) ..... 34.99 Beneath the Steel Sky ...15 Disks! 38.99 Cool Spot .....SALE.....23.99 D Generation (AGA) 26.99 Darkmere ... SALE.....35.99 Diggers (CD32) .. 26.99 Donk (CD32) ...31.99 Frontier: Elite 2 (CD32) 31.99 Excellent Games 4-Pack ..31.99 Global Effect (CD32) ...... 31.99 Impossible Mission (CD32) ......31.99 Kick Off 3 (AGA) ...34.99 Lemmings II .. ..,.3400 Liberation (AGA) .....SALE.....26.99 Lotus Turbo Ilf ...19.99 Mortal Kombat ....COOL SALE.....24.99 Mr. Nutz (AGA) .....28.99 Pinball Fantasies (AGA) ..31.99 Settlers ... 38.99 Three Slooges King of Chicago bundle ...17.99 Total Carnage (AGA) .... 29.99 Valhalla ..... 3249 GRAPHICS SOFTWARE Art Department Professional v2.5 by ASDG ......Si47.99 ADPro Pro Conversion Pack v2.5 by ASDG ..49.99 Aladdin 4D v3.2 .Advanced 3GL.249.99 Caligari 24 .....Sesf SellerI...129.99 Crouton Tools 4C00 ..... Incredible......89.99 Oeluxe Paint IV v4.1 by Electronic Arts .117.99 Deluxe Paint IV AGA v4.5 by Electronic Arts ... 124,99 Disney’s Animation Studio ......31.99 Epson Scanner Pack by ASDG ...119.99 Forge with Essence 1 .....New!.....79.99 Forge with Esserce 2 .....New!.....79.99 Hanna Barbera's Animation Workshop ...39.99 Vidi Amiga 24 RT Real Time 24-bit Color Digitizer s299." Vidi Amiga 12 RT (12-bit) .$ 217.99 Both require an external power supply $ 9.99 -V GRAPHICS SOFTWARE (Cont...) Hollywood FX ..New! $ 379.99 Image Mirror ..74.49 Imagine 3.0 ..379.99 LightRave v3.1 Super Sale!.. . 329.99 MONTAGE v1.02 for Toaster .319.99 MONTAGE Fonts .. 119.99 MONTAGE PostScript Module Reduced $ 30.00!..... 169.99 PEGGER - Automatic JPEG Compression ... 64 99 Pixel 3D Pro v2.0 209 99 Real 3D v2.4 .Reduced $ 20!..359.99 Sparks lor Lightwave 3D ...Particle Animation!....87.99 Swipes! Lor Toaster. ,., ..99 99 T-Rexx Pro v2.15 for Toaster ......119.99 ToasterFX ..In Stock!..... 119.99 Transition ...39.99 Transporter 2.0 ......NEW!.... 111.49 WaveLink - Two node render farm lor Lightwave 3D .....89.99 WaveMaker lor UghtWave 3D by Axiom ......119.99 GRAPHICS HARDWARE AlfaColor 400dpi Color Hand Scanner by AllaData ......$ 219.99 AllaScan 800dpi w Scan & Save by AlfaData .....149.99 AlfaScan Plus 400dpi w Touch-Up & OCR by AllaData .149.99 GVR-S950 S-VHS Animation VTR by Sanyo .CALL Kitchen Sync - Dual TBC by Digital Creations ..1.249.99 Little Magic Box HI8 (formerly Y C++) by Prime Image ..649.99 MS 1200 Flatbed Scanner w Colorkit Pro Migraph OCR......884.99 MS2400 Flatbed Scanner w Colorkit Pro Migraph OCR ...1,034.99 Personal Animation Recorder (PAR) by DPS ...1.559.99 GRAPHICS HARDWARE (Cont...) Personal Component Adapter by DPS .Save!!.....S249.99 Personal Editor by Nucleus .... 539.99 Personal Single Frame Controller (SFC v2.5) by Nucleus....349.99 Personal TBC IV by DPS ..... 799.99 Personal V-Scope by DPS ...699.99 Picasso II2MB 24-bit Graphics Card by Expert Services 479.99 Pnme Image TBC PCB Y C S-VHS ...799 99 Retina 23 1MB 24-brt Graphics Card Upgradablet.....549.00 Retina 23 4MB 24-bit Graphics Card ..669 99 SuperGen SX by Digital Creations ....639 99 Vidi Amiga 12 (RT) ......NEW!......217 99 Vidi Amiga 24 (RT) ...... NEWi......299.99 VLAB Motion ......1,499 99 Y C Plus S-VHS Hi8 . 749 99 MUSIC, MIDI & SOUND Bars & Pipes Professional v2.5 ..New Version!...$ 229.99 Deluxe Music v2 0 by Electronic Arts ..89.99 One Stop Music Shop by Blue Ribbon Soundworks 579 99 AD516 Studio 16 v3.G by SunRize .1,199.99 AD 1012 Studio 16 v3.0 by SunRize ... 499.99 Super Jam! V1.1 by Dr. T’s ..... 74.99 PERIPHERALS & ACCESSORIES 1202 0KB No FPU for A1200 by DKB ..$ 129.99 AlfaDrive 3.5’ Ext 880KB FD by AlfaData ......74.99 PERIPHERALS & ACCESSORIES (Cont...) AlfaOptic 3-Button Optical Mouse by AllaData., ..S39.99 AlfaPen 3-Button Optical Pen Mouse by AllaData 49.99 Amiga Gamepad by Gravis ....19.99 AT-Bus2008 IDE HD Ctrl 0 8MB RAM Card by AllaData .64.99 Aulo Kickstart Plus - A500 2000 ROM Switch by AlfaData 19.99 CD-1401 Multiscan Monitor NEW! .499.99 Cordless Mouse 3-Button by AlfaData 49.99 Crystal Trackball 3-Button by AlfaData 45.99 DataFlyer 4000SX25 SCSI Controller w Ext DB25 .94.99 DalaFlyer XDS A1200 External 3.5' HD Chassis Kit ......,69.99 DataFlyer 270SO IDE Int. SyQuest HD Kit w Cart ..599 99 DalaFlyer 270SO SCSI Int. SyQuest HD Kit w Cart 589.99 Drawing Board 3 (12“x12’) by TriMedia 549.99 Drawing Slate (6'x9') by TriMedia 349.99 FASTLANE Z3 Fast SCSI-2 w 0 256MB lor A3000 4000 ....487.99 MegaChip W 2MB Agnus (NTSC) by DKB ....219.99 MegaMouse 400dpi 2-Button by AllaData Besf Seller!...29 99 Mu tiFaceCard III I O board (2 Ser. 1 Par.) By AlfaData .. 89 99 Oktagon2008 SCSI2 Ctrl & 0 8MB RAM Exp by AlfaData ....139.99 Safe Skins (Keyboard protection for all Amiga models) ...19.99 SCSI Cable 50 Pm External Centronics ..14.99 Smart One Ext. 14,400 Fax Modem ..159.99 Sync Strainer 23 15 Pin Monitor Adapter by PreVue 49.99 YCP-GA Y C Monitor Adapter ......NEW1 .89.99 GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS (GVP) 40MHz 68882 FPU lor A1230 Series I .....S129.99 40MHz 68882 FPU for A1230 Series II .134.99 50MHz 68882 FPU for A1230 Series II .139 99 A1230 Turbo Plus Series II 40 0 4 .399.99 A1230 Turbo Plus Series II 50 0 4 ....659.99 A1291 Senes II SCSI Option ..92.99 A4008 SCSI Controller + RAM Card A2000 4003 ...124.99 A500 PC286 59.99 Atonce Plus . 59.99 DSS-0+ Audio Digitizer 59.99 EGS 110 24 4MB Graphics Card lor A2000 Accelerator......699 99 EGS Spectrum 2MB A2000 4000 369.99 FaaastROM Kit A2000 .34.99 G-Force A2000 030 40 40 4 0 Accelerator ...609.99 G-Force A2000 040 33 33 4 0 Accelerator w SCSI-2 .1.069 99 G-Force A2000 040 33 33 16 0 Accelerator w'SCSI-2......1.999 99 G-Force A4000 040 40 40 4 0 Accelerator .999.99 G-Force A4000 040 40 40 16 0 Accelerator .....2.210.00 G-Force A4000 96MB RAM Module w 16MB ..1.239.99 G-Force A4000 96MB RAM Module w 4MB 449.99 G-Force A4000 SCSI Option . 419.99 G-Force SIMM 16MB 60ns 32-bit ..CALL G-Force SIMM 4MB 60ns 32-bit ....CALL G-Lock Genlock ... 249.99 Hard Drive Mounting Bracket for G-Force A2000 Accel ...41.99 I O Exlender 2 A2000 40CO ,.114.99 I O Extender 2 Serial Kit ...... 24.99 PhcnePak VFX 2.0 ....239.99 TBC Plus .. 599.99 TBC Plus VRAM Option ...189.99 TBC Plus Comb Filler Oplion ..... 79.99 Personal Animation Recorder (PAR) $ 1,559.99 Bundled with Conner 540MB HD, ..1.949.99 Bundled with Micropolis 976MB HD .....2.279.99 Bundled with Micropolis 1.626GB HD ...2.499.99 Personal TBC IV (VT26O0) ..799.99 Personal TBC III (VT2500) ..669.99 Personal V-Scope (VM2000) ......699.99 Personal Component Adapter (DC2350) ......249.99 Personal Series Remote Control (RC2000) .249.99 3 ,_ Amiga 4000 m. Hard Drive Blowout!! Seagate 130MB IDE ST3145A $ 179.99 Western Digital 212MB IDE .199.99 Quantum270MB IDE LPS270AT.., ...229,99 Maxtor 540MB IDE MXT540AL, .299.99 Seagate 528MB IDE ST3655A (PAR) ...FAST!...389.99 mi ¦ ¦¦¦¦MM DIGITAL PROCESSING SYSTEMS INC. | SAME DAY SHIPPING! ' Applies lo irvslock items only. Orders must be placed Monday thru Friday before 6:00pm CDT. Image FX s219. Retina Z3 24-bit Graphics Board for A4000 Retina Z3 w 1MB RAM ..S530.00 Retina Z3 w 4MB RAM ...665.00 V*Lab Motion Card (Non-Linear Editor) .....1,499.00 SunRize CD1200 PCMCIA Mitsumi CO- ROM controller for the A1200 600 complete with drive and chassis! CD1200 Milsumi Chassis 4000 C- Commodore AMIGA A4000 040 25MHz 270MB HD 6MB RAM .....CALL A4000 040 25MHz 540MB HD 10MB RAM ...CALL A4000 040 40MHz 270MB HD 18MB RAM ...CALL Amiga 4000 4MB SIMM Module (1M x 32) 159.09 niuye | TBC PCB - Y C in & out - Excellent Quality $ 799.99 Littie Magic Box - add Y C in out w o using slot.....649.99 Standards Converter w TBC - convert between all TV standards (NTSC. PAL. Etc.) 1.499.99 BLOWOUT PRICING! ALL SALES FINAL1 DEFECTIVES FOR REPLACEMENT ONLY! CLEARANCE:!!! Hot New Additions to the List! Body Blows - Hard Hitting Action..,.™ ...$ 23.99 Gobliiins 3 - Non-stop Comedy ...... 32.99 Hunter by Activision ...... 9.99 Hyper Helper from Inovalrontcs . 38.99 Liberation AGA: Sequel lo Captive .....26.99 Lost Treasures of Infocom: 20 Classics in One Box ..14.99 MediaPoint v3.0 - Better Than SCALA ..279.99 Mortal Kombal: The Combat Simulation ol the Decade ...24.99 Playmation Animation: Powerful 24-bit Animation ..,199.99 Quickbrush - Brushes Designed for the Toaster ...43.99 The Naughty Ones: Hilarious Action .24.99 Uridium 2 - Outstanding Space Shoot'em Up . 24.99 CLEARANCE: Accolade Software Special Blue Angels: 3D Formation Flight Simulation .$ 4.99 HoverForce - Top Gun meets Blade Runner in 3D! ......4,99 Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes (Main Program) ...9.99 Pit-Fighter by Tengen - No. 1 Arcade Coin-op Hit ...7.99 Shadowlands - Incredible RPG Experience by Domark ...14.99 Super Space Invaders - An Amazing Sequel ...9 99 The Graphics Studio - Beginners Painting Software ..2.99 CLEARANCE: Amiga Machine Specific Hardware A4000 3000 2000: Dataflyer 4Q00SX SCSI Controller ...$ 69.99 A4000 3000: DKB 3128 - 0 128Mb Zorro 3 RAM Card ..159.99 A4000: Toaster Cozzy Expansion Chassis 359.99 A5QQ 2000: 1.3 Amiga Kickstart ROM - 315093-02 ..24.99 Dataflyer 105S Syquesl Removable Int SCSI Kit 349,99 CLEARANCE: Application Software Cygnus Ed Professional v2.12 $ 39.99 HiSoft Basic 2 - Hi speed development system .....99.99 Proscript by New Horizons .....31.99 Quma Version Control Utility and Fife Manager ......7.99 Superbase Personal 2 v3.0t ..29.99 CLEARANCE: Games (Cont...) Cool Spot - Help the 7-Up Spot Save His Friends .23.99 Cyberpunk * Five Levels of Action Packed Missions 23.99 Dennis the Menace - Also available in AGA ...23.99 Excellent Games 4 Pack: 4 Great Games One Box 31.49 Falman - Hilanous Fun .....24.99 Morph AGA . 9 99 Nicky 2 - Euro Title . 9-99 Oscar AGA: The Ultimate Platform Challenge ......26.99 Oscar: Ultimate platform challenge .. 24.99 PAL - Fighter Duel Amiga .. 9-99 Ports of Call ¦ Classic Shipping Simulation ......9.99 Powermonger: Includes WW1 Data Disk .18.99 Red Zone by Psygnosis - 3D Racing Action .....4.99 Second Samurai AGA: Fast, Furious Fun ......27.99 Second Samurai - The Non-AGA Version „ ......27.99 Shadow of Ihe Beast 111 by Psygnosis .14.99 Strikes & Spares - Great Bowling Simulation .24.99 The Addams Family Arcade Game .4.99 CLEARANCE: Application Software (ConL..) X-MEM Virtual Memory System (Requires Accel MMU} 29.99 CLEARANCE: CD32 Titles Diggers - Unique Mining Game ...S26.99 Super Methane Brothers -100 Levels! 26.99 The Naughty Ones - Original and Enjoyable ..26.99 CLEARANCE: Games Alfred Chicken by Mindscape (Euro) .$ 19.99 Alien Breed 2 AGA - Slate of the Art Action ...27.99 Arctic Baron by ReadySoft .27.99 Atomino - Strategy at the Molecular Level! 4,99 Bart (Simpson) vs. the World .... 21.99 Bundle: A-Train + Construction Set by Maxis ( 1!) ...34 99 Civilization AGA ....37.99 MultiFaceCard 111 Adds 2 serial ports and 1 bi-directional parallel port to any A2000 3000 400G! Safe data transfer up to 115.200 baud (FIFO) NOW IN STOCK! .*89." CLEARANCE: Games (Cont...) The Games ‘92: Espana - 30 Evenls! ...... 7.99 Total Carnage AGA: Excellent Coin-op Conversion ..26.99 Trolls AGA - 32 Eye-Popping Levels ...22.99 Vektor Storm - Awesome Tempest Clone ... 14.99 CLEARANCE: Hardware, Peripherals and Accessories 120Mb Quantum SCSI HD LPS120S .... 159.99 170MB Quantum SCSI ELS170S ... 189.99 2 to 1 Parallel Auto Data Switch ....19.99 4 to 1 Parallel Auto Data Switch ....29.99 44 Pin IDE Cable lor Amiga 600 or 1200 ..5.75 877M Toshiba SCSI-2 MK438FB 599.99 Advanced Gravis Switch Joystick for Amiga ..29.99 AlfaScan 400DPI Hand Scanner w Touch Up ...,.139.99 AlfaScan Migraph OCR Up-grade (Junior) ......19.99 Replacement Power Supply for SupraModem 2400 (US) 3.99 CLEARANCE: Music, MIDI and Sound Related Bundle: Bars & Pipes Pro 1.0 w 3 Add-Ons ..69.99 Music X - Integrated MIDI Sequencer and Librarian .29.99 CLEARANCE: Reference and Information Visionary Handbook (Oxxi) 4,99 World Tour: Russia and West Asia .....24.99 CLEARANCE: Video and Toaster Related Products Anim Workshop 2.0 by Axiom Software ..69.99 Autoscript - Postscript to 3D Translation ...9.99 Caligari 2 - 3D Design Rendering “Special Offer* ..49.99 Digi-View Gold v4.Q lor PAL Systems .39.99 Media Station (Digi-View) for PAL Systems ...59.99 PIV-2001 Video Editing System .... 1699 99 PIXEL 3D Professional vl.O - OEM Vers No Box ..64.99 Pro Video CGII * Hi-res Character Generator .99.99 R-Paint - Arexx Programmable Paint Software ....29.99 Video Director - Editing System w Hardware .59.99 Video Slot Box for Toaster 4000: Digital Creations .749.99 Visionaire - 2D Morphing and Deformation (Impulse) .9.99 POLICIES VISA, MasterCard and Discover accepted No surcharge on credit card orders, Credit card is not charged until order ships. S5.QQ COD fee, cash only- Prices are subject to change without notice. Call lor current pricing. We are not responsible for typographical errors. 15% restocking fee for Hems relumed and not exchanged lor same. Customer is responsible for return shaping. Returns accepted for 10 days after invoice date. Make the BEST Call! 1:800 322-12611 24-Hour Order Fax: (217) 356-4312 P,0, Box 6512 • Champaign, IL 61826-6512 Business Hours Cust5.mec.Servioe fl-F 8afn-7pm CDT (217) 355-2785 Sal 9am-3pm CDT M-F 9ain-6pm CDT SHIPPING* UPS 0-5 tos ¦ SS 00 GROUND 6-20 fas add Sl.OCflb 5 fes Ow 20 tos .. add 50e lb over 20 lbs Monitors . $ 15.00 Compulers $ 18.00 UPS Btue 2-day or UPS Rad Next-Oay shipping also available. Gafl (or our low shipping rates! ¦ Ratos apply to orflert sapped ¦» contrWD U. S on*. R F, V I i : w s From p. 44. Ity called DWConfigConvert that converts your favorite DirVVork 1.62 configuration to the new DirWork 2.1 format. Once the installation is complete, your next stop will be DWEdit. An editor a la Director)' Opus’ point-and-click configuration program, DWEdit allows you to size and position pixel by pixel all the Move your files with DirWork 2.0. buttons and screens that DW is capable of generating. If it’s launched from a Shell, you can include keywords GOTOSTAR- TUPS, GOTOGADOPTS, and so on, as part of' the command argument. Doing so whisks you directly away to the specified segment of the editor. If all this sounds like a lot of time-consuming work, it is. To circumvent this procedure, DW comes complete with about a dozen popular configurations, including DWClassic, for that VI .62 look and feel, and DWDock, for a slick, dock- type interface. Other configurations let DirWork appear as anything from a small Intuition window, barely a quar- ter-screen in size, to a mammoth PALsized screen. Other niceties include a SYS option having one-click buttons that reveal your Amiga's operation. Cards, resident fonts, libraries all the information you’d like to know is instantly displayed. Under Way I used DW 2.1 under a variety of configurations, including several of the bundled ones and some of my own design. Initially, I found it a tad clunky and confusing when I tried to perform certain operations. For instance, selecting the correct sequence of buttons to perform simple things such as file and director)7 copying requires a trip to the informative and technically oriented manual. But once the learning curv es are cleared, there’s nothing too tough about the program. In the final analysis, DW 2.1 is an impressive, well-refined disk utility. Not a particularly charming program for those accustomed to the fluidity and refinement of Directory Opus, but enticing enough for DiskMaster users to change brands. Its speed and tiny window configuration alone make it superior to the orphaned Progressive Peripherals utility, and it is far more versatile. II you’re looking for a rapid, well-supported file manipulator, you really can’t go wrong with DirWork 2,1. Tim Walsh Toccata, Samplitude-MS NoahJVs, $ 595 A2000, A3000, A4000.
2. 0 3.0 compatible. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Installation: Easy. Minimum system: 2MB. Recommended system: 68030 or faster accelerator, hard disk, 10MB RAM, stereo playback equipment. Sixteen-bit sound card with sampling and playback software* High-quality, direct-to-hard-disk audio recording and editing has just comedown radically in price with the introduction of Noahji’s Toccata Samplitude package. The Toccata board installs in any Zorro II or III slot and can sample in stereo, 16-bit fidelity at all rates up to 48 Khz. Samplitude-MS is the sample-editing software included with the Toccata board. It provides for control over the Toccata (as well as all the 8-hit, parallel-port samplers currently available), recording direct to hard disk or RAM, sample editing, limited effects, and cue-list sample playback. Sound Hardware The Toccata has a set of stereo outputs and three sets of stereo inputs that are software switchable and controlled, as well as two line inputs and one microphone, all unbalanced, ‘ i-inch stereo. The output and line-input ports are on the main board; the remaining inputs are wired through a bracket that fits into an adjacent slot. The Toccata software allows you to control all the basic parameters: sample rate and resolution, input source, level, mixing, and output level. Audio output can be routed either to the Toccata’s stereo out, or, in 8-bit form, through the Amiga's sound circuitry. Record functions are controlled by the Toccata Recorder, a separate control panel with some duplication of features. This dual-window setup (either or both of which von can open on any public screen) is a bit on the clumsy side, yet it functions quite well. For Your Listening Pleasure Samplitude’s Record window has all the necessary controls for level (but not source selection, which is performed from the Toccata Control window), record path, and parameters. During recording, direct monitoring is not possible. For the rest of the features and functions, the controls are responsive and intuitive, making lor speedy work. You can designate samples as either RAM or hard-disk projects; the manual is sparse on details of the difference, save that they j have different file structures. Naturally, RAM projects seem to load faster. Once recorded, the sample is automatically loaded into the graphical editing window. Button controls on the bottom and right side of the window aid in cursor placement for editing. The sample-editing process is much the same as that employed by most other sampler editors: A section of the waveform is highlighted, and then an operation is performed on it. These operations include cut, copy, paste, insert, invert, backward, crossfade, fade in out, resample, and echo. You can subject the waveform to zooming or see it in separated stereo or quad views, linked or unlinked (which allows for editing multiple channels simultaneously). A quick screen redraw makes these features very usable. In fact, all the functions of Samplitude have a quick and smooth feeling, making for fast and productive work. There is no provision for non-destructive edits, nor is there an Undo feature. The Playlist feature allows you to define multiple sections of a sample project, specifying start and end times and playing order. There is also an Arexx port, a lengthy list of commands, and a generous group of sample scripts to get you started. More Musical Material The ToccataJinglePlayer, one of the auxiliary programs shipped with the board, is used to mix samples into the Toccata’s playback via one of the two auxiliary in- ? Looking for More Power From Your A500 or A2000?
• Holds up to 32 megabyte of 32 Bit Ram. The CSA Derringer Accelerator is the Answer Give your Amiga 500 or 2000 the power of an A3000 for under $ 500
• 68030-25 mhz cpu with MMLI (not EC) »68881 clocked at 25 mhz
• 1 meg of 32 bit RAM (remaps Kickstart) 4 meg of 32 bit RAM - $ 499,00 8 meg of 32 bit RAM - $ 699,00 16 meg of 32 bit RAM- $ 1099,00 0 88882-25 FPU add $ 75.00 68882-50 FPU add $ 119.00 Order Now and Receive a FREE 68881 Coprocessor With: Only $ 399°
* Call for more information anLT*J>£nhz Oniy$ $ t°jy0 r
• SsaZ. R mn4 90f32bn60nMT 0pli°M50m&fs?Zn feafyres as the n s 'he CSA Derringer but fast 50mhz for the price others charge for 40mhz! =GVP GVP-A1230 TURBO 50mhz Accelerator mmu $ 599" with 4mb 32 BIT RAM FREE For50mhz FPU ...FREE A 1200 ACCELERATORS 3 Call our Accelerator Hotline Today! -1-800-CSA-XLR8 $ 269 $ 199 MMU LASER PRINTER MEMORY HP II, IID, IIP, IIID, HIP and all other Plus Series Board with 2 MB ..$ 99.00 Board with 4 MB $ 175.00 HP 4 (4 Meg) .. $ 189.00 HP 4 (8 Meg) ..$ 325.00 Similar savings on Panasonic, Star, OKI, Tt, Nec, Epson and others. Call for Pricing. Panasonic Citizen 32K Buffer $ 14.95 COMMODORE CHIPS
2. 04 ROM only $ 33.95 Super Denise ..$ 33.95
1. 3 ROM $ 21.50 CIA 8520 $ 10.95 or two for ...S18.00 A10001.5 MG Upgrade-Memory and Clock DKB ..$ 178.00 MC68000 68010 . $ 15.00 Rom Switcher ..$ 39.95 CSA Rocket Launcher - 2630 Doubler....$ 399.00 8 up Board with 2 mb .....$ 129.00 1 mb Agnus ....$ 38.00 Paula Denise ......CALL Microbotics- MBX 68030 1230 XA 50 mhz Accelerator MMU £ 4 9QO0 with4mb . .add $ 169s ? With 68882RC50 . .add $ 119* 00 with 28 Mhz CPU andi Mmy FREE 28 Mhz FPU mi"U 00 with 33mhzCPU and j FREE 33mhz FPU SIMMS IVS 1 MEG Simms CALL 1x8-80 ..$ 45.00 1x8-70 ..$ 46.00 4x8-80 $ 139.00 4x8-70 $ 159.00 4x8-60 $ 179.00 8mb 16mb 32mb Simms CALL A4000 80 NS 4MB SimmsS149.Q0 A4000 70NS 4MBSimms...$ 159.00 A4000 60 NS4MB Simms... $ 169.00 GVP SIM32 4 MB .CALL 1 MB .....$ 69.95 Nibble Mode Simms...CALL Mega Midget Racer, 512K Upgrade .$ 99.00 DKB 2632 with 4mb.....$ 349.00 DKB Megachip
2000. ...$ 189.00 DKB 3128A-3000 A 4000 Memory Board ....CALL ZIPS A3000 Static Column Zips 1x4-80 SCZ $ 24.95 1x4-70 SCZ .CALL 256x4 - 80 SCZ ...$ 6.00 Includes Instructions MEMORYFOR ALL COMPUTERS - CALL! Due to trade tariffs all prices are subject to change without notice. PAGE ZIPS 1x4-60 ......CALL 1x4-70 ....CALL 256x4-80 $ 5.00 256x4-70 S5.95 DIPS 1x1-100 $ 4.99 1x1-80 ...$ 5.99 1x1-70 ..$ 6.50 256x4-80 CALL 256x4-70 CALL 1x4-80 ....CALL 256x1-120 ...$ 1.00 256X1 -100 80 70 60-CALL CSA-12 Gauge A1200 68030 h DRAM BLOWOUT We 'II Beat any Advertised Price! Nobody's Cheaper 50mhz Accelerator mmu with SCSI & optional Networking Controller
- with4mb-60-70NS add $ 169* £499 With 68882RC50 ....add $ 119* Call for other configurations MICROBOTICS 1200Z With Clock and 68881RC20 FPU 1 MB $ 159.00 2 MB $ 199.00 4 MB $ 299.00 8 MB .$ 429.00 with 68882-50 ...add $ 119.00 Call for other configurations! MATH CHIPS AND CPUs 6803Q-RC-50 with MMU $ 139.95 6882-RC-50 $ 119.95(Call for other speeds) 387-25 SX (Bridge Board) .S69.95 Crystal Oscillators (Call for Speed) $ 10.0Gea. 68882 PLCC 40 mhz ....$ 135.00 287 Mathco for Bridgeboard CALL 68881 - Alt speeds CALL 68882-All speeds CALL Call for other speeds Memory World o0 S 3392 Progress Dr. • Units B&C Bensalem, PA 19020-5899 Attn: AmigaDept. VISA MC CHECK • Add $ 5.00 for Shipping & Handling • Add $ 18.00 for Overnight delivery • Add $ 10.00 for two-day delivery
• Add $ 5.00 for C.O.D. • PA Residents add 6% • (AP0, AK, HI, Foreign shipping - call tor rates) • 10% Restocking lee lor return ot non-defective items • No refund lor Shipping Charges PHONE ORDERS: 215-244-7930 FAX ORDERS: 215-244-7932 Prices Subject to Change without notice puts. A graphic interface allows for port
• selection, sample selection, and volume adjustment. You can also activate the JinglePlayer by the CLI or through its Arexx port. Missing from the current version of Toccata Samplitude, but reportedly to appear in future software upgrades and hardware add-ons, are time-code sync capability, time-line editing, an object- oriented editor for playlists, MIDI Sample Dump support (for editing data from external MIDI-based samplers), and four-track playback. Some of these features are available immediately by taking advantage of the offer to upgrade to Samplitude-Pro for SI99. All these features would be most welcome additions to increase the package’s usefulness in professional production situations. As it now ships, the Toccata package provides excellent value for the money: clear, high-fidelity audio and fast, functional tools for working with audio samples. Michael Hanish DICE 3.0 Obvious Implementations Corporation, $ 150 (SAS C owners, $ 95; students, $ 65; registered DICE owners, S75). All Amigas.
1. 3 2.0 3.0 compatible. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: Two floppy drives. Recommended system: 4MB, hard disk. Amiga C programming-language compiler. Written by Matt Dillon, DICE began its life several years ago as a freely distributable C compiler with the usual shareware marketing approach: register with a small payment, and you receive the hill version. QIC's implementation is much more robust, and with good reason. 'Hie people behind QIC include former Commodore software engineers Andy Finkel and Bryce Nesbitt, as well as SAS Institute’s compiler whiz, John Toebes. And DICE includes other tools from the creator of Arexx, William Hawes. Any Way You DICE It I expected DICE to resemble its last shareware incarnation. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to find a compiler system as functional and complete as SAS C or Manx C. DICE includes the compiler itself, two assemblers, a source- level debugger, an execution profiler, a choice of two editors, online help, Unix- like tools, and revision-control software. It also sports a file-compression utility, AmigaDOS Include files for 1.3, 2.0, and
3. 0, and ANSI C, Unix, and Amigalink libraries. It has a limited but freelv dis- tribulable demo version of the compiler that you can give to your friends without committing an act of piracy. The full source code to the libraries is included. Owning this source code is indispensable for a C compiler, as it serves as detailed documentation, a learning tool, and a patch for late-night bugs. Except for essentials like _main(), this wasn’t available for SAS C, and Manx C charged extra for it. There is plenty of example source code, too: shared libraries, printer drivers, Exec devices, and a DOS packet handler. A full installation creates nearly 8MB of files. Compiling Away I found the compiler speed and code size roughly comparable to results from Manx C and SAS C. DICE includes some extensions for Amiga-friendly tricks, such as automatically opening an AmigaDOS library if" you use a function from the library without first declaring the library base. It also includes a handy Unix » J compatibility library, as well as an extra .Amiga-centric library with functions for easily adding Arexx support to your programs. DICE’S Vmake, an integrated development environment, uses template makefiles for easy adaptation to different types of projects, such as libraries, Workbench and CLI tools, printer drivers, and so on. With a few mouse clicks, you can add files to the project, invoke the revision-control software, jump to the editor, compile, examine and fix errors, and run the program and debugger. Amazingly, Vmake itself is highly configurable. You’re free to change the user interface by altering a configuration file that sets the menu items and the corresponding Arexx or AmigaDOS commands they invoke. .As such, DICE’s integrated environment resembles the latest tools on the PC and Macintosh. With its highly configurable interface and the tight integration with Arexx, it is certainly more flexible than Microsoft’s Visual C, Borland C, or Symantec C. The manual is more than an inch thick, and the online documentation is identical to the manual. You’ll find a slim section on the basics of C programming and coding style, including examples designed to familiarize a user with
C. It’s reallv unnecessary, however, since 7 7 beginners need more than just a few pages of advice, and experts are likely to skip that section altogether. Each topic of the manual is peppered with useful asides: such things as warnings regarding common mistakes, helpful references, and mini-reviews of authoritative books about C. You’ll also be entertained by clever cartoons and seemingly endless wit. Buggy Confessionals On the downside, the compiler is missing some of the more obscure ANSI C functions, such as those relating to dates and wide-character support. The “readme” files include an honest appraisal of these known bugs, as well as common enhancement requests. Furthermore, the “Ibmake” utility appeared lo be a handy and quick way to make link libraries, but 1 couldn’t get it to work. Example makefiles are provided, but they didn’t resemble the documented command-line options for Ibmake. The manual also lacked descriptions of the error messages the program displayed. Tech support revealed that Ibmake was supposed to have been better documented in the examples, but for some reason it wasn’t. In fact, they
* thought the entire source code for Ibmake should have been present in the distribution, hut somehow it was omitted. Sadly, technical support is limited to OIC’s sales office, which only takes messages and orders. Speedy tech support requires the use of a modem to reach OIC’s online e-mail on the Internet or the support section in the Amiga Vendor Forum on CompuServe. Nonetheless, in these times of waning Amiga development from Manx and SAS Institute, it’s encouraging to see DICE in commercial form. John Foust, ¦ Software Hut Folcroft East Business Park 313 Henderson Dr Sharon Hill, PA 19079 Commodore AMIGA Info 610-586-5701 w Iaka QAA AA AR llf A Hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 6 FAX* 610-586-5706 UlUGlS OUU~y 0“ V IVIIVJIM Sat 10 to 4 - Eastern
* There may be uncertainty at Commodore, however, you can rest assured of Software Hut’s ontinuina support of all Amiua owners with a larqe inventory, pood pricing, and same day shipping Video Products lor Handscanner w OCR software $ 259.00 TV 299.00 S Personal Animation Controller Cali ihtwave 3.5 Unbundled 499.00 ihtwave 3.5 Upgrade Kit 95.00 alVision w Free Magic Lantern 429.00 rsonal TBC 4 819.00 asso2Mb 519.00 rina 4Mb 519 00 tina Z3 725.00 cGen Plus Genlock 219.00 perGen SX 699.00 aster 3.1 Upgrade 549.00 li 12 AGA 119.00 li Amiga 12 RT 249.00 li Amiga 24 RT 369.00 ab Y C 425.00 ab Y C External 469.00 Amiga 4000 040 & 4000 040 LC Units stilf in stock. Call for pricing & configuration. CDTV CD-32 lisks will work w CDTV, CD-32, & A-570 ith appropriate software. Purchase 3, or more, & receive FREE SHIPPING. I AMIGA CO 1Mb Agnus 8372A $ 37.95 Q" Super Denise 8373
28. 95 ZXZ CIA 852C chip
9. 00 C_5 Gary 5719 chip
13. 95 ™5| Paula or Denise chip
18. 95 O 1.3 ROM chip
21. 95 1 2.04 ROM chip
32. 95 CO 2.05 ROM chip
34. 95 Super Buster Rev 11
W. D. SCSI Chip Rev BA
35. 00 --
2. 1 Software & Mastering AmlgaDQS Reference Manual $ 40.00
2. 1 Software & Mastering AmigiDOS Reference Manual A 2.04 ROM 74.95 Multi-Start 2 v6A 500 600 2000 34.00 RAM & Other Chips We stock all RAM chips, CPUs and FPUs. Please call for price. .ong Hard Day on the Ranch £9.00 lun for Barney 800 vanced Military Systems
10. 00 Dogs Go lo Heaven
9. 00 terican Heritage HI. Dictionary
12. 00 imals in Motion
10. 00 mey Bear Goes Camping
8. 00 Goes to School - Ages 2>6
8. 00 itle Chess
13. 00 ttle Slorm 9,00 ard Games
10. 00 dge Perfect
11. 00 seof the Cautios Condor
9. 00 PD Coll. - F 1 >600 & more
10. 00 Remix
10. 00 tderella: The Original Fairy Tale
9. 00 ronoloQies Monde
9. 00 issic Board Games
10. 00 rseof Ra-CDTVONLY
9. 00 n School 3 - Ages 5>7
10. 00 Ages 8+
10. 00 rden Fax: Fruits, Vegs, Herbs
9. 00 Garden Plants
9. 00 Indoor Plants
9. 00 Trees, Shrubs, Roses, Conifers
9. 00 und of the Baskervilles
8. 00 tchinson Encyclopedia - PAL ONLY
13. 00 jstrated Holy Bible
15. 00 jstrated Works of Shakespeare
14. 00 mmings
14. 00 gical - CDTV ONLY
8. 00 nd Run-CDTV ONLY
7. 00 oving Gives Me a Stomach Ache
9. 00 ud Puddles
10. 00 i Paint
11. 00 :W Basics Electronic Cookbook
15. 00 per Bag Princess 10 00 .ycho Killer
9. 00 illles
9. 00 ead With Asterix
11. 00 m City
15. 00 toopy: Case ol Missing Blanket 12-00 ile of Peter Rabbit
9. 00 ram Yankee
11. 00 iomas' Snowsuit
8. 00 e Break Tennis
11. 00 me Table of History: 1991 Editions Business, Politics & Media
15. 00 Science & Innovations
15. 00 omen In Motion
12. 00 rath of the Demon
10. 00 CD-ROM
• NEC CDR-25 Manf. For Media Vision
• Ext w Power Supply, Headphone Jack
• Cabling lor external 25 pin SCSI port
• Supports Single Session Photo CD
• Unispeed 650Ms Acc,.7Mb t Transfer $ 99.95
• NEC CDR-210 Internal CD-ROM
• Doubletpeed 380Ms Access
• 1.5Mb s Transfer Rate
• SCSI or SCSI 2 Connectability
• MulliSeisiou Photo, Headphone Jack $ 195.00 External model w cabling S279.95 SX-1 CD-32 Expansion Module by Paravision In Stock I $ 249.00
• Plextor 4 Plex Quad Internal
• SCSI-2. 600Kb sec data transfer
• 1Mb Buffer, 150Ms Random Seek
• 2 Year Warranty
• Toll Free Technical Line $ 589.00 CD-ROM Drivers ASIM CDFS 2.0 w Flsh 232-1000$ 49.95 Xetec CDFS 2.0 w Fish 1-950 49.95 CBM Parts & Peripherals A600 1200 Int. Floppy Drive $ 69.95 A6Q0 1200 Keyboard (Specify} 29.95 A200Q A300Q Keyboard 59.95 A4000 Keyboard 85.00 A2000 Complete Case NEW 59.95 A2000 Int. Floppy Drive 69.95 A3000 Int. Flop. Dr. INSTOCK 69.95 A2000 Power Supply 99,00 A3000 Power Supply 119.00 A4Q0C Power Supply 99,00 CBM Amiga Model Mouse 18.00 Golden Image Amiga Mouse 28.95 Swifty 3 Button Mouse 26.95 Dr. T’s Music Bundle Includes KCS V3 & Copyist Apprentice Originally sold for $ 469.00 Special Price $ 69.95 WB2 Upgrades Toaster Systems Call for details on our complete Toaster systems! A1200 Peripherals Hard to Find Amiga Items CSA 12 Gauge 50Mz w SCSI $ 499.00 DKB 1240 Accel 40Mz CPU 299.00 DKB 1202 882 16Mz w Ciock 139.95 DKB - Other Configs w Memory Call DKB-The Clock for A1200 23.00 PCMCIA Card 600 1200 2Mb 135.00 PCMCIA Card 600 1200 4Mb 229.00 IDE Cable & Software - 600 1200 20.00 M1230 Accelerator 33 33 0 275 00 Joystick Bundles The following Joystick Bundles were originalfy priced at $ 99.00, NOW ONLY $ 24.95 - Your Choice: Suncom TAC 3 or Suncom TAC 30 w Speedball 2 & Killing Cloud software ot Ergo Joystick w Team Suzuki, Speedball 2. & Predator 2 DKB Power Computing
11. 76Mb Capacity * 1 Year W'ty 1 Faster than Commodore's model
• Requires OS 2.1 or higher Internal - $ 145.00 External - $ 155.00 %¦ * A500 A1000 Peripherals Big Foot 200W Power Supply $ 84.95 Commodore A500 Power Supply 44,95 A500 Case complete w shieiding 23.00 A50Q Internal Replacement Drive 44.95 A500 Keyboard 29.95 RocTec External Floppy Drive 89.00 A570 CD-ROM 99.95 A1000 Case w Shielding 29.95 A1000 Motherboard 49.95 At 000 Daughterboard 24.95 A100Q Power Supply 39.95 A1000 Interna! Floppy Drive 69.95 A520 Video Adapter $ 44.95 NEW & Boxed from CBM 501 512K RAM w Ciock 54.95 From Prism Leisure A500 A2000 Upgrade Kit 179.00 DOS 3.1, ROM, Disks. Manual A3000 A4000 Upgrade Kit 199.00 DOS 3.1, ROM, Disks, Manual CBM 1930 Color Monitor 119.00 NEW, VGA, .31 DP. Usew IBM systems, 2320 board or other display enhancers. 2320 Display Enhancer 179.00 New & Bulk Packed A2065 Ethernet Board 269.00 NEW & Bulk Packed.CBM's Last! Mitsubishi | Amiga 500 DiamondScan
* 1381A Monitors
• Refurbished Like New
• Sync from 15KHz to 40KHz
• Covers All Amiga Resolutions ¦Composite Video Port for Toaster & Video Applications
• Complete With 15 pin cable
* Supplies Are Limited $ 339.00 Koss Powered Speakers for DiamondScan - $ 49,00 Electrahome Model 1440 MulliSync, .28mm, 14" - $ 499.OO Idek & 1084S Monitors - Call AGA Games Blowout Zool • Allen Breed 2 • Overkill Bodyblows Galactic • Trolls Nigel Mansell W. C. Racing Buy tforStO‘2 (or $ 18 * 3 for $ 25 4 for $ 30 • 5 for $ 34 All 6 for $ 39.00 Power Supplies A Expansion Boards A2000 300W Power Supply $ 149.00 Emplant Deluxe Emulator 379.00 266K HD MAC ROMS for Emplant 289.C0 IBM Emulation for Empiant 95.00 DKB Meoachlp w 2Mb Agnux 199.00 DKB 3128 RAM Exp A3000 4Q00 259 00 DKB 4091 Z3 SCSI-2 Card 349.00 FastLane Z3 SCSI -2 RAM A3 4000 539.00 Multiface III I O Extender 85.00 Supra Turbo 28 A500 or A2Q00 159.00 Toccata 16 479.95 DKB 2632 RAM Exp for A2630 w OK 189.00 Hard Drives We stock all2.5 IDE, 3.5 IDE and SCSI Hard Drives. Call for models and pricingI 2386SX BridgeSoard $ 299.00 NEW & Bulk Packed. With cabling & Amiga software. You must add MS-DOS software. A2015 CBM HiDensity Drive 114.95 Internal Floppy Drive by Chinan tor A2000 & A4000 A3015 CBM HiDensity Drive 129.95 Internal Floppy Drive by Chinon tor A3000 A2630 25Mz Accelerator 429.00 NEW, 63030, W 4Mb RAM, & Rev 7 Eproms A2091 SCSI Controller 89.00 w Rev 6.6 Eproms I We have jus! A few of our V* A500 Repair Kits consisting of: NewA50Q Keyboard, Disk Drive & Case, With All Shielding. OL Last Month Available rr* $ 59.95 Modems & Networking AmigaLink Starter Kit - 2 Nodes $ 259.00 AmigaNel Ethernet Card 309.00 A2060ArcNet Board 69.95 GP Fax Software - Class 1 & 2 59.95 Sporster 14.4 Fax Modem 179.00 Supra Fax Modem 14.4 209.00 Supra Fax Modem 28.8 329.00 Our Policies No waiting for your orders to ship, Orders in by 2PM go out the same day. Second Day & Overnight shipping is available. International orders are shipped by Air Parcel Post. UPS or DHL. Domestic orders are shipped UPS.
• All orders are subject to credit card ventication * A VISA © Due to ad schedules, all prices are subject to change. We accept Visa. Master Card. & Discover with Noser ice charge. We accept American Express with a 1.5% service charge. We also ship COD. Accepting Cash, Certified Check, or Money Order. Minimum COD order is $ 50.00. Software and accessories shipping is $ 6.00. Hardware shipping is S6.00 for small items, $ 15.00 for Monitors Call for larger items. COD add $ 5.00, Canadian, APQ, & International orders are welcome. We will dill only lor actual shipping charges & insurance at time ol order. 15% re-stocking lee on all returns not exchanged lor another item. Shipping charges are NOT refundable_ © Copyright 1994, lochWriicfi inr All flights Reserved ANTI GRAVITY PRODUCTS We at Anti-Gravity Products have the highest confidence in Amiga products, and the resurgence in the Amiga platform. It is our belief that we can only go up from here. The new owners of Commodore or the technology will support and market these products in the correct manner. The Amiga platform is too powerful to be ignored. Here at Anti-Gravity we stand ready to support and augment your Amiga systems with the latest in hardware, software and support for all your Amiga, Video Toaster and 3-D animation needs. When It Comes To Amiga Nobody Does It Like ANTI GRAVITY PRODUCTS! 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 TEL (310) 393-6630 FAX (310) 576-6383 This advwtiMin&nt, its contents, ana us stylo arc tho CopyngfU of Anti MO* Gravity Products A!*0 C WO! T* OusJ'CiVeO wthcut Ci»c5S w-.Tfin por-nissjon term* and Conditions: Cat tor ;ti pptrg rates, worranhtw, anc 0W* poi i 4 frvH iWy Ouantrt-es a-o WjIct) and p »s on> SlbuKt to cnango erthoul notice. Ana Gravity Products (AGP| accepts COJ etoon Chiya&o Dy cuftert ;r»xt> only Payment nmti .Kcwmoony ail purer, a so enters V* are abo ta offer quartcy ascoura to stoacrs and system bu dt ro Orders may tw pad by VuVstbicM Aji sa’Os awr.ral fio refunds, sieasa Oetecbve eicnanges are for same product only and mui! Hive a Return Matenaf AijVicnjaton nurotOT (RMAl be
• n or }«na! P.10.13 ard conGoon hte guaramws ara enpiod as ts product pertorT-ance w Ti your system v as 3a manutactirers cSwrcs a"d HXC' CJ'iori'. A 20% msjocxing 30C5'*J TO i praJocis of any cniers thai are canesfied a-e- si are a! Ouf opicn AGP *s ao'e to s-**s> -.¦’a. ’) F exchanges al Ex&W PfiOf'Ty Standan) Qwemigftt. And Second Day Economy; 2) UPS wemigfit Second Day and Ground. Mos! Ode's a-e shipped wffir 8 hours tor you- convym rn;o Shcpinp damage muy t» reported thrwtfy 10 sr>* : sfep carw*r wrtfirn 10 days Federal Express logos used with permission AmiMac4000 Tower Two - Two - Two - That's Two Computers In One A4000 = 4000 TOWER! With: 40MHz 040, SCSI-2,1GB SCSI-2 HD, 2MB ChipRam, 16MB 60ns FastRAM AmigaDOS 3.1 Roms and Software & Manual MacROMs St System 7.1 Software Emplant w SCSI & 2 Serial Ports Tower with 11 slots 11 Drive Bays; 40MHz 040, SCSI-2, 2CB SCSI-2 HD; 2MB ChipRam, 32MB 60ns FastRAM; 24Bit Graphics Card & 17" IDEK 8617 Monitor S Call for Coiwlete Pricino I Option: Federal Express Delivery Available! ANTI GRAVITY PUBLISHING' PRESENTS: PolyType ART Collection IMAGES IN FONT FORMAT We Accept Polytype Art Collection includes original and innovative designs that relate to many different styles and tastes. Features: Easy To Use, Less Disk Space, Postscript Flexablity, Quality & Quantity And all the fonts are AMI complete FONTS " JOI FAMl 1 complete L FONTS j RUMOR ~PO Media Systems for all Antigas. AtJ fonts i: Pt _ „ am ", Compugraphic Intellifont along with bitmaps for Video, Graphic and The font solution presented ir geStream ilong with L Multimedia applications. Presented in Amiga formats “PostScript PJ ( Over 600 Exciting New Images $ Call Patterns Holidays Allure LeisureOrnaments Optyx Fruits & Vegetables Corners Animals St Birds With NEW Non-Linear Editing Support! MAC I ¦Bill* I ¦¦¦¦¦¦ i ¦ * ¦ ¦ k a ArtDeco Arrowtek Buisinesslcons (It (AmigaDOS 3.1 UpGradej Interworks ENLAN-DFS Ver 2.0 Software License Up to 5 Nodes Toaster-Net: Features: Better 3D Look Improved 040 Support Faster FastFifeSystem Directory Cache file System 8-Bit (256 color) Support Roms and Software & Manual A500 A2000 S195 A3000 S225 A4000 S225 [(ETHERNET SOLUTION S 265 LightWave Network Rendering $ Call Ethernet Board $ Call Cables, T-Connecters, and Terminators are available call for details & prlet We Have Systems! In Stock! Snap Maps: Building Materials & Fabrics $ 129.95 MotionM a ii Snap Maps are unique textures that trim 3D surfaces into new shapes! Snap Maps integrate 24-bit color maps with bump and clip maps to simulate complex structures! Save memory and modelling time in creating photorealistic scenes. Plus tutorial scenes for Lightwave, Imagine, and Real 3D. Each Only S129.95 T A4000WARP: 40MHz-040 $ Call 6MB Ram, SCSI-2, 540MB HD A4000WARP: 40MHz-040 « 18MB Ram, 2GB Barracuda HD * v-G
- W77 How Fast Is The Warp Engine? HARDWARE FEATURES Very High Speed Local 040 Memory Bus with full 040 burst access.
* NCR 53C710 40MHz SCSI-2 Fast Controller connected directly to the 040.
- 32Bit SCSI host bus DMA interface supporting burst to and from the RAM
* Supports lOMB s SCSI transfers.
- Full DMA allows the CPU to still have 90% Processing Power while doing Transfers.
- No Zorro 111 DMA Problems.
- Fully Autoconfigurable with optional Autoboot capability for SCSI.
* 32Bit Ram Expansion Up To 128MB.
* Uses Standard 72Pin SIMM Modules.
- Allows Mixing of Rain Module Sizes.
* Supports 4, 8,16, 32 MB SIMM Modules.
* Uses the Memory that is installed on the Amiga 4000 MotherBoard. ¦ Supports DMA access from Zorro III Devices to onboard Memory.
- A3000 Version Supports up to 64MB of 32Bit Memory. ¦ A3000 Engine will clock 16MHz MotherBoards at 25MHz. Compatibility
* Compatible with the Video Toaster, Retina Z-lll and OpalVision.
* Works in all 3000, and 4000 series Amigas.
* Requires AmigaDos 2.1 or greater.
- Full Two Year warranty The WRP ENGINE Is an 040 Accelerator with a High-Speed SCSI-2 controller & up to 128MB of ram expansion, AlHn-One! Rendering LwBD Texture Example A4000 040-25MHz; 160 sec. A4000 Warp 28MHz: 82 sec.- aprox. 2x faster A4000 Warp40MHz: 56 sec.- aprox, 3x fasUy* Warp SCSI-2 Speed: _ Using Diskspeed-the 2.1 CB Barhi jdaDriv a: Read 9MB sec with 94% of the CPU still availing; 40 Mhz 68040 Accelerants for the Vi cieoT 3Sfer 4000 The Warp Engine Series of Accelerators is a break through in Amiga Expansion design. The Warp Engine comes in three versions for the AMIGA! Toaster 4000 and three for the Amiga 3000. All Warp Engines are fully upgradable to 40MHz by just changing the CPU and the Clock Oscillator! The Warp Engine uses standard 72 Pin SIMMs ( NO CUSTOM SIMMS )and allows the use of up to four different sizes of SIMMs (4, 8, 16 and 32MB) at the same time. Unlike other companare only available from them, and or they only allow the same size SIMMs to be installed making it necessary to remove your old SIMMs before you can add larger SIMMs. The NCR53C710-1 SCSI-II Fast 32Bit DMA Bus Master Processor makes it the Fastest available with its direct connection to the 040 chip this provides up to lOMB s Transfers and allows the 040 lo retain 90% to 98% of its processing power! Zorro III Memory hoards cannot even reach 70% of the speed of the Motherboard Memory while Warp Engines Local 040 Burst Memory is many times faster than the Motherboard Memory! WARP-3000: 28MHZ
* with a 25MHz 040 CPU S1085 WARP-3000: 33MHZ 0 MB Ram $ 1295 with a 4MB 60ns $ Call WARP-3000: 40MHZ 0MB Ram $ 1425 with a 16MB 60ns $ Call with a 32MB 60ns $ Call WARP-4000: 28MHZ with NO CPU with an 040 CPU WARP-4000: 33MHZ 0 MB Ram with a 4MB 60ns WARP-4000: 40MHZ 0MB Ram with a 16MB 60ns with a 32MB 60ns $ 1425 S Call $ Call SPARKS New Ver 2.1 $ 140 The First Particle Animation System for LightWave3D 3.1 Now Animators can include High-End procedural effects to their work. Do in minutes what would take days to set up! Particles bounce with real world behavior with gravity simulation. Multiple point gravity wells allow bending and directing the stream, flock or swarm of particles. Complete with Wind, Gusting, Flaking and .Swirling controls adjustable uper axis. PowerMacros $ 110 A New Level of Ligthwave Mastery ENERGY: Shatter; BlowUp; Sworm LayOut: We Accept Snake: Render Batch; Move Scene; Smooth Velocity; Focal Distance Modeler: Attach lo Polygon; Clone Object & Surface: Flip Around Polygon; Load From Scene; Mirror Using Polygon; Save Pivot Point Business: Chart!; Chart2 Royalty free Stock Footage for Computer ANIMATORS! Mage sequence, are f INCLUDES |cDR0ivf VIDEOTAPE rru_ Maps: ? - jj : versions of a Time Laps tloud nimation, cackling fire , smooth turning flames, bubbling steam, icean water, and slow moving smoke. Calm, Disturb, Jiggle, lough, Spots, Swift, Boiling, Burst Liquid, Pour, Tide, Water & Waves B. L, Water B, Waves A Each sequence ctmjains 300 to 900 ready to use IFF frames. Tru Maps are stored as 24bit color, 8 bit color, or 8 bit greyscale images. All FX Maps are stored as 8 btt greyscale images. Federal Express Delivery Available! 456 Lincoln B!vd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 1EL (310) 393-6650 FAX (310) 576-6383 The Most Powerful DeskTop Video System In The World! The Only Proven Amiga Tower 4000 Solution! I TOASTER OVEN 4000 11 Slots Available at One Time! Up to 6 Zorro Slots* fj y*4 6 PC Slots 11 Drive Bays 300 Watt Switchable Power Supply Mouse, Keyboard & joystick Extenders HardDisk & Floppy Cables Included 2 Cooling Fans All Metal RF Enclosure | LE.D. Readout For Clock Speed Switches Monitor On Off Optional Adapter allows you to plug your KC+ or Personal Component Adapter into our PC Cord Slot. Your Amiga 4000 and transform it into "N0W tfiat * Power on ttie fiesktoji" DIGITAL PROCESSING SYSTEMS INC PERSONAL ANIMATION RECORDER (PAR): 24-Bit Real Time Video Playback Recorder (S-Video, NTSC, Beto MII, PAL Ver Available) Amiga NTSC $ Call ( PC (ISA bus) $ Call PAR HARDDISKS f’_* * 500MB $ 495 1 hNiSbL
i. ogb $ call ®
1. 7GB $ Call ~J PERSONAL COMPONENT ADAPTER: Beta Mil Decoder : $ 490 PERSONALTBC IV (NTSC): use with PAR to record video S 820 PERSONAL TBC II VT-3000 (PAL): use with PAR to record $ Call PERSONAL V-SCOPE: for Amiga & PC S 750 “ DPS-210: Video Signal Transcoder (NTSC) S145oS TOASTER READY 14" ISKHz w SyncStrainer S 595 TOASTER READY 17" ISKHz w SyncStrainer S1035 NEW 17" 8617 1280x1024
23. 5-86KHz $ 795 NEW 21" 86211280x1024
23. 5-86KHZ $ 2395 MicroWave Oven 8 SiotsAva ' ob e at One Time! 8 PC Slots 3 Powered Zorro's 200 Watt Switchable Power Supply 20 Watt Stereo Amplifier Graphic Equilizer FLYER 4000 NON-LINEAR TAPELESS EDITOR TOWER WORK STATION r Af (V TOASTER OVEN Tower 4000, ! M 40MHZ-040, SCSI-2, 2GB HD, rffffi’ "“Wm
* 2MB ChipRam, 32MB Ram, Bk T Video Toater 4000, Jjb*y'- : J [ L , j [ | " Video Toaster Flyer, , Hi 11. 11 i 11 lla Flyer HD's Two 9GB Elite-9 Sll iittri'i f T 20GB 2.5MB sec Tape Backup,! Jhr 4i QuadSpeed CD-ROM Drive, E& F 3 PICASSO II 2MB, SyncStrainer, I J§[ w ® 17" IDEK Monitor,... plus more. | SB UPSONIC rv* iviiyrit series of products provide I I I I ¦ the finest 24 hour power protection, with at _ 7 least 10 minutes or guaranteed backup power enabling you to save all data and power down safely. With UPSONIC UPS, small electrical disturbances are transparent to your computer system. Don't let hours We Accept Federal Express Delivery Available! °* animation disappear in transient brown-outs, spikes and power surges. UPSONIC's UPS family - , I meets your specific needs with ex- actly tne right cost-effective, high- PCM35: 350 VA 5195 performance solution. PCM55: 550 VA S335 : UPSONIC's new System Models PCM®) 8Q0 VA 5495 provide Pulse Width Modulation cir- . ;• VA 5755 0 cuitry to eliminate transformers, PCM20O: 2000 VA 51095 Mf. And additional battery capability --------- ¦HHMByJI IJ and no extra recharge time. Sy$ tem300:3K VA 53,495 Dealer Enquiries Welcome 1 "The Little Magic Box" S635 Adapts toaster to S-VHS, MII and Betacam component operation. 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 TEL (310) 393-6650 FAX (310) 576-6383 SZ. SPEED PRICE
3. 5LP 10ms S 275
3. 5LP 10ms $ 285
3. 5LP 10ms $ 485
3. 5LP 9ms $ 795
3. 5LP 8.5ms $ 845
3. 5 10ms S Call
3. 5 10ms S Call
3. 5 10ms $ 1150
5. 25 11ms S2150
5. 25 11ms S5850
5. 25 2.5MB sec $ 3995 Barracuda-1 ST11950N
1. 69 GB S 1450 External $ 865 $ 1015 $ 2045 $ 2195 for 5 5 90 $ 160 $ 90 $ Call $ Calf $ 995 $ 1350 $ 2900 $ Call ExaByte 8mm Tape Drive: The EXB-8505 provides ’ 5GB to 10GB* of storage EXB-8505XL (.extended Lenght) s- ' drive provides 7GB to 14GB* ... Both Drives store at 30MB- 60MB* sec. And have time to clean Light! Internal EXB-4200 3.5" 2GB 233K sec $ 775 EXB-4200C 3.5" 2-4GB 233K sec $ 925 EXB-8505 5.25" 5-10*GB 500K sec $ 1945 EXB-8505XL 5.25" 7GB-14*GB 500K sec $ 2095 Each Exabyte 8mm(112M) Tape: $ 20 ExabyteXL 8mm(160M) Tape: each $ 35 Exabyte 8mm Cleaning Tape: $ 20 Abekas Driver from ASDG (Amiga, Mac, PC) AmiBack+tools ExaByte 4mm DAT Drive: The EXB-4200 provides 2GB of storage at 14MB sec ana the EXB-4200C compression* drive provides 4GB* of storage at a fast rate of 28MB sec*. Both drives have a time to clean Light!
13. 5" FAAAAST !!! 7200 RPM 500,000 MTBF Fast SCSI-2 8ms Barracuda-2 Barracuda-3 ST12550N ST15150N
2. 1 GB 4.3 GB $ 1795 $ 4250 FMT DRIVE 270MB Quantum LPS270 290MB Maxtor 7290S 540MB Quantum LPS540 i 1.0 GB Quantum EMP1080 1 1.0 GB Micropolis 4110 ' 1.0 GB Micropolis 2210 ' 1.7 GB Micropolis 2217 h 1.8 GB QuantumPro1800S J 2.9 GB Seagate Elite-3 I 8.9 GB Seagate Elite-9 S 20 GB TAPE DRIVE
1. 0GB 2210AV
1. 7GB 2217 AV
3. 0GB 1936AV
9. 1GB 1991AV Amiga library Ami Back Plus Tools $ 65 TapeWorm-FS $ Call TapeWorm-FS allows any SCSI tape drive to act like an AmigaDOS volume. NEW 20CB TAPEDRIVE
2. 5MB 5EC $ 3995 leases, wiits IIKWC Texture City Pro-100 1 24-bit Textures for Amiga, PC, Mac, SGI In Tiff-Targa- Pcx-lff format CD-ROM: f We Accept Federal Express Delivery Available! Featuring Drives From Conner, IBM, Maxtor & Quantum!! Huite SCSI-2 HardDisks _ HIUlv IDE HortlDlsks FMT i L SPEED INTERNAL EXTERNAL ESI I SZ. SPEED BARE
0. 54 GB 3.5 9.5ms S 445 $ 545 0.34 GB .35 13ms S 39$ L0 CB 3.5 9.5ms $ 785 $ 865 054 GB 15 9 5ms $ 495
t. 0 GB 3.S 8.6ms 5 855 $ 955 072 GUIS 9.5ms 5795
2. 0 GB 3.5 9.2ms $ 1350 S14S0 OKI (ill 3-5 Kirttis S895
4. 0 CB 5 9.5ms $ 2835 S29J5 1.0 GB 15 9.2ms S9SO
3. 5' SyQuest- 105MB ft 270MB Has an average seek time of 14.5ms; Comes in SCSI ft IDE formats; And the 270MB drive reads Si writes the 10SMB cartridges.
5. 25' SyQuest- 88MB ft 200MB Has an average seek time of 20ms; Comes only in SCSI format; And the 200MB drive reads ft writes the 44MB ft 88MB cartridges. Drives: 88C 105 200 270 IDE Bare Drive S N A S 265 5 N A S 415 SCSI Bare Drive S 285 S 265 S 415 S 395 External w Cart. S 455 S 425 S 555 S 495 Cartridges: 88MB 105MB 200MB 270MB 1 each for 5100 S 70 S120 5 90 5 each for 5 93 S 65 S110 S 85 HILite DOS-2 DA T (Vs ) Tape Drives Are The raaul Cm K'&HX'XV (tape DRIVEsJ HDDS-2 features: 60, 90, ft (now)120m data cartridge SCSI-2 inter face 4-8GB typical capacity Sustained Transfer Rate 366-732 KB sec. Access Time 35scc max w 120m cartridge HILite DDS-2 DATs featuring: Internal External Cartridge QT-1 QT-S 456 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90402 TEL(310) 393-6650 FAX (310) 576-6383 Sony . 5950 51035 60nf»;u $ 17 $ 80 Conner $ 975 sioes 90m S20 sgo WangDat ssrsi sioisi i20m_$ 30 $ 140 Game Pjreserve By Peter Olafson, AW Games Editor Special Feature: A Look at the Latest Licenseware Imports from the UK SHAREWARE IS A wonderful concept because it’s founded on faith in human nature. It’s also an intrinsically flawed concept because . . . Well, because it’s founded on faith in human nature. It’s an honor system basically, if you break it in, you’re supposed to buy it and an honor system is ngt a reliable foundation for a living wage. In Europe, “licenseware” was conceived as the cure, A select group of vendors offer programs of near-commercial to commercial quality at a modest price (typically under $ 10) and pay a percentage (usually about half) of the proceeds from each sale to the author, either directly or through a clearing house. In theory', at least, everybody should be happy. 'Hie concept is just beginning to catch on among Amiga PD distributors in the United States. Northwest Public Domain has brought over the extensive CLR line of licenseware from the UK and is planning its own licenseware label. (No tides were definite at this writing, but owner John McNab was looking at several interesting contenders.) Turtle Lightning has now started up its own label, with at least four games already available. While licenseware programs run the gamut from high-end apps to edutainment, a healthy chunk of the CLR stuff is games (most of them PAL), and many are of good quality. Here are some of the better ones: Imbrium Day of Reckoning ($ 5,50) Da)- of Playing Imbrium, too. Given the weight of software I look at, I don’t have an enormous amount of time to devote to any one product. But this was an exception. I couldn’t help myself. Controlled by joystick but driven by menu and puzzle, Imbrium is exactly what an arcade-adventure should be, and it beckoned to me on so many different levels that I’m scared to start detailing them for fear of not having room for anything else. Crystal Skull ($ 5.50) This could easily have been a fiill-price commercial tide a year or so ago. (Indeed, it would have been, but the distributor went under.) It’s a very professional Indiana Jones-ish game done in the isometric style of Millenium’s The Adventures of Robin Hood and Rome 92 AD exotic, detailed, and difficult, with lots of people to chat with and interesung places to poke your head into. Lost Prince ($ 6.50) Some game genres only rarely visit the low end of the spectrum. Last year’s Starbase 13 was the first Sierra-style animated adventure in the PD shareware field. Lost Prince is the first to surface in the budget market, and it’s a cracker both graphically and in interface, albeit it’s a bit minimalistic in the stuff you can pick up or examine. Mad Fighters 1200 ($ 9) Oddly enough, this is not an AGA game. This wild, three-disk beat-’em-up from NBS doesn’t run fast enough on the 500 and is too fast on the 3000. It’s a little messy graphically everyone looks like a zombie but the same messiness could pass for style. It’s got a crazy score, man, and while hardly competition for Body Blows, it easily beats out the AMOS-built PD game Fighting Warriors. (It’s also better than the just-released, AGA-only followup.) FI Racer ($ 5.50) An amazingly good polygon-based Formula 1 racing game. It lacks the polish and the exhilarating highs of a World Circuit if licenseware has an inherent flaw, it’s a lack of dazzle but the cars have substance (they really carom when they collide), die scenery is elaborate and the race a challenge. (I wish CLR’s feature-rich, Super Sprint-clone Hairpin 2 w7as up to this level.) The Viking Saga ($ 5.50) Not your usual bring-the-galaxy-to-its-knees game. This is a lively strategy contest with an original Norse setting and story, interesting play, intelligent options , , . And lots of built-in cheats for when you get the horned hat beaten off you. Time Rift ($ 5.50) While not as fetching as Imbrium, this more conventional arcade- adventure platformer recalls die great Jim Power in structure. It’s smooth-playing and well drawn your character has this great flowing mane of rock-star hair and includes some nice features (automap and inventory). Then again, the game doesn’t feel quite complete it’s as though there’s a layer of artwork missing and I wish it scrolled instead of using static screens. I had a chance to see only a couple of FI releases. Karate Master may require a 2-meg Agnus chip, but this fighting game’s just a routine clone of the great IK+. On the other hand, Relics of Deldroneye is a wronderful animated adventure with a LucasArts-style interface and Lure of the Temptress atmosphere that's rich in feature (the concept of memory) and effect (lots of little anims) not to mention the best title tune on any Amiga game since Scorched Earth, It’s not the first time this A Wow! Exquisite. A must for your games library. C Meets expectations. Good, solid performer. B Great fun. Plenty of entertainment value here. D Disappointing. Lots of room for improvement. F A reat stinker. Don1! Waste your time. You may encounter some problems under this operating system and or require a PAL NTSC adapter. SSSiSESSS1 Computer Answers 953 96? Letter Yet. WEACTX1 ALLY HAVE CD-32's, 1200's, 917 - Central Avenue, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada S6V-4V2 y- nn 4000 030‘s. A 4000 040's InrSWCKNOWl Phone: (306) 764-2888 Fax: (306) 764-0088 BBS: (306) 764-0888 9:30-6:00 Mon-JSat (Mountain) When this add went to press, the details of the Commodore re-organization were not finalised, however, all indications are that this change of direction will put the Amiga in it's strongest position ever! We are very excited about the future of the Amiga and are continuing to offer the best possible prices on all available Amiga s._ Amiga 4000 Upgrades lMBSimm $ 39- 4MB Simm $ 159 SMB Simm (60ns) $ 339- 16MB Simm (60ns) $ 689** 32MB Simm (60ns) S1349- 210MB IDE HD $ 199** 340 MB IDE HD S 299** 420 MB IDE HD $ 399** 520 MB IDE HD $ 499**
* *Add to any 4000 system! CD-32 A1200 4000 030 4000 040 4000 Tower $ 299 $ 329 $ 1,299 $ 1,499 $ 2,399
- 68ECQ20 Cpu @ 14 Mhi
- AGA 32-Bit Chipset
- 2 MB Chip RAM
- 600 MB CD-ROM Dnve
- Double Speed CD-ROM
- 68EC020Cpu© 14 Miu
- AGA 32-Bit Chipsel
- 2 MB Chip RAM
- IDE Hard Drive Controller
- 880K Floppy Drive
- 68EC030 Cpu @ 25 Mhz
- Maih Chip Optional
- 2 MB Chip RAM
- IDE Hard drive Controller
- 1.76 MB Floppy Drive
- 68LC040 Cpu ® 25 Mhz
* Malh Chip Optional .2 MB Chip RAM
- IDE Hard Drive Controller
* 1.76 MB Floppy Drive
- 68040 Cpu Q 25 Mhz
- Maih Chip built-in
- 2 MB Chip RAM
- SCSI A IDE Drive Controllers
- 1.76 MB Floppy Drive Limited Supplies! Back in Stock! Back in Stock! Supplies Limited! Call for Availability! Amiga 1200 HD Amiga 1200 030 Toaster 4000 PAR System Warped Toaster
- Amiga 1200 Computer
- Amiga 1200 Computer
- Amiga 4000 Computer
- Amiga 4000 Computer
* Amiga 4000 Computer
- 68020 CPU® 14 Mhz
- 68030 CPU ® 25 Mhz
- 68030 CPU @25 Mhz
- 68030 CPU @ 25 Mhz
- Warp Engine 040 @ 40 Mhz
- 2MB RAM
- 4MB RAM
- 10MB RAM
- 6MB RAM
- 20 MB RAM
- 210 MB Internal Hard Drive
- 340 MB Internal Hard Drive
- 210 MB Internal Hard Drive
- 210 & 540 MB Hard Drives
- 540 MB SCSI-II Hard Drive
- Electrohome 1440 Monitor
- Electrohome 1440 Monitor
- Video Toaster 3.1
- PAR Card (60fps animation)
- Video Toaster 3,1 Card
- AH Cables & Connectors
- All Cables & Connectors
- Commodore 1084 Monitor
- Electrohome 1440 Monitor
- Commodore 1084 Monitor $ 1,399 $ 1,999 $ 3,999 $ 4,099 $ 6,599 fibs, we actually have 1200's) 06s, we actually have 1200's) (Best Toaster Starter Ever!) (Broadcast Quality Anims!) (Fastest Toaster Ever!) S 39 MmitQCS with Amiga Alone Commodore 2024 (1024X800) $ 199 $ 269 Electrohome 14"
- .28mm Dot Pilch. 15-40Khz (14*)
- Developed here in Canada! $ 439 | Commodore 1950 Multiscan $ 299 $ 399 Electrohome 1440 MultiScan $ 449 $ 449 1428Bi-Scan (640X400& 800X600) $ 269 5299 IDEK 17' Multi-Scan (NTSC& VGA) $ 899 5959 Accelerators & Memory Boards Warp Engine 4028 (2SMhz & SCSI-11) $ 699 Warp Engine 4033 (33Mhz & SCSI-11) S1099 Final Copy Ward Processor Pro Calc ProPage 4.1 ProDraw 3.03 Par Animation Card! . [
- 60 fps Broadcast Quality Anims
- 500 MB Hard Drive $ 2,299 .. Painting Animation. Music & Vkteo Software Anim Workshop Version 2.0 S 9 Deluxe Paint 4.5(AGA Version!) S $ Brilliance Paint (24 Bit on AG A') S J 109 75 75 2024 Hi-Res Monitor 1024 X 800 Non-Interlaced
- Ideal for Desktop Publishing! $ 199 Amiga 4000 CD!
- A4000 040,6MB RAM 210 HD
- CD-ROM & Controller $ 2,299 Warp Engine 4040 (40Mhz & SCSI-II) $ 1299 DKB 1240.68030 @ 40Mhz S 299 Printers Star NX-1001 (9 pinNLQ) S 119 Star NX-1040 (9 pin Color with NLQ) $ 139 Star NX-2430 (24 pin Letter Quality) $ 179 Star NX-2450 (24pin Color, SheetFeeder!) $ 219 Star NX-2480 (24 pin Color, 330 cps!) $ 239 Star SJ-144 (Color Ink Jet) $ 449 Primera (Best color output) $ 749 Hewlett Packard DeskJet 520 (600 dpi!) $ 269 Hewlett Packard DeskJet 500c Color!) $ 369 Hewlett Packard DeskJ et 560c (600 dpi) $ 549 Hewlett Packard 4L 5 659 5 119 RocGen (Low cost external genlock) S 379 SuperGen SX (Broadcast quality) S 379 TBC IV from DPS (Updated version) Caligari 24 Real 3D version 2.0 Imagine 3.0 (Nowin Stock!) Sparks = Particle Animation) Swipes (for Video Toaster) Drives, Storeage A Cards CD-ROM & Controller for 2000 3000 4000 $ Amiga 4000 @40Mh.
- A4000 040 A 40Mhz (Warp Engin 199 $ 4,199 Double Speed CD-ROM & Controller $ 229 IOMEGA 150a MB Bernouli& cartridge $ 469 SyQuest 105MB Kit for 4000 $ 359 DataFlyer XDS External for 1200 $ 65 DataFfyer 4000SX SCSI Controller S 79 Grolliers Encyclopedia
- on CD-ROM $ 49 Kitchen Sync (Two completeTBC's!) Si 189 Retina 24 Bit Card 2MB (Still great!) S Retina Zlll (4MB Version) S Picasso II (24 Bit Graphics Card) S GVP Spectr urn (with pass-thru) S 299 729 429 389 1 Art Department Pro (Ver 25) Montage Character Generator) Pegger (JPeg compression!) Bars &. Pipes Professional Version 2.0 Deluxe Music Version 2.0 Distant Suns Version 5.0 Image FX Version 1.5 14400 Baud Modem ~fkst Modem widi Fax! $ 129 169 MPEG Card for CD-32
- with any two movies, FREE! Apooihme Now. Bwk R*k Boq km, Er Anradan. R*d Cxs-bw. ImVvrrt hknk Gutk*..S1ivw, Stir Tide 6, The $ 299 iak.3 Oun ‘fh. 'im, Top Qun Merlin 24 Bit Video board $ 569 Vlab Video Digitizer with 30fps $ 369 Vlab Y C (with Super VHS connections) $ 469 Personal Animation Reorder by DPS $ 1459 Video Toaster (with computer only) Si 799 FastLane Z3 FACT SCSI-II Controller $ DKB 4091 FAST SCSI-II Controller $ AlfaData External 880K External Floppy S Po wvr Compu ring 1,76MB External Floppy 5149 499 289 69 Video Toaster Starter ¦ A4000 030, 10 MB & 210 HD
- Toasler 4000 Version 3.1 & CUM 1084 Monitor $ 3,999 I Warp Engine @ 40Mb2 Video Toaster 3.1 Card
- With any Amiga 4000Syrian $ 1,2991 $ 1799
- 68040 A SCSI-11040Mhf* Supra 2400 Modem $ 49 GP FAX Software for Supra Modems $ 49 Best Data 14,400 Baud Fax Modem $ 149 AlluData 800dpi Hand Scanner 5 169 MultiFace III Card $ 79 Emplant Color Emulator (IBM Soon!) $ 249 AMAX Color Macintosh Emulator $ 359 We will beat anyone’s price on in stock Jlemsl Production: Business. Utilities &Proerammins 55 239 69 59 29 AmiBack & AmiBack Tools SAS C & C++ Version 65 DevPac Version 3 (Assembler) EDGE Professional Text Editor Home Front Version 25 I Image FX from GVP
- Version 1.5 $ 169 1 Brilliance
- Painting program! $ 59 Personal Component Adaptor (YC +) $ 259 Shipping & Handling 0-200*° **** PcrV*95 lb * ArCf**12Dayt Over 20Ik* addJQdb 2 Days Computers A Mcmitnra CD-32 or AI200 $ 19 5 Day* A4000 or 4000T $ 39 3 Days Monitor $ 29 5 Dtyi Hat thjrA S*mt rhj Air it ebnuaOati*, Global Effect Liberation Overkill Goldm Cotfeclmc I janh car I Par ball GtcJmj Liverpool Fool ball Peata Gold Eocycbpcdia Loat Vikmga Rite of tb* Robora Guiua* Reccidi It Lotui Trilogy Sabre Gulp Lunar-C Samui ai Gufiihtp 2000 MapcUnd Dizzy Sen able Soccer K«r a with lb* Cfea* Mancbaiir Soccer Sisho the Sorcerrr HrnlGou Moan Aiaoaa Skrpwatkrr Human* 1 A 2 Mkranm Soccer Kid [might Tacbnctogy Morph SpodBaa: Inters*banal Karate Myth Jamea Pond II Naughty On« Super Putty Jama Pond lit NkkFaUoGoU Super Methane Broa Jobs Barna Soccer bagel Numefl Racng TFX Kruaty'i Fun Hwn Ninja 111 Total Carnage Labiymli of Ttiu NoSoccnd Prize Trapa A Treaaurra Logmcyof Soraiil Oacar Trivial Purauil Trofla Turican 3 Ur id rum 2 US FootbaD Whale* Voyage Zooll V& CD-32 Titles $ 18-529 & up! Alfred Chicken Arabian K night* BinkChcu Birl va. ThaWnU Body Biam Beaitltrd Beav*** Bruul S peril FortbaO Babb* it Styx Bubble £ Squeak Caeaaz Miu Cohcrl II Captam Dynamo Call Ira |I Cbaoa Engine Chuck Rock CJ'a Evpbani Antic* Dwnu DiapuaahlcHna D G«bi:»b Daugrrcua Slreck* Dmp Core Defro Jer of the Crcw-n 2 Dmnu the Mm*re Dlgpra Ebt*2 Champion Football Fire St Icc FneFtrca Fly Harder Fury of iha Furrier We have the best prices on. Amiga, ASDG, Alfa Dn La, Axiom Software, Beat Data Product!, CSA, Digital Creation*, Digital Proccatieg Syatema, DKB, Electronic Am, Expansion Syrtcmi, Expert Syfteoi, Fargo, Bpaoa, Gr oilier a. GVP, Gold Diik, Heifner, Hewlett Packard, IDEK, Interwork a. Iomega, MacroSyatema, Maxtor, Microbotica, Micropolis, Migrapb, Moonlighter, NEC, NewTek, Prim era. Prime Image, Paygnoaia, Quantum, ReadySoft, Rom bo, Samiung. Sanyo, Seagate, SoftLogic, Softwood, Star, SunRize, Supra, Syquest, US Robotic a, Utilities Unlimited, Warm A Fuzzy Logic lt juuf CD-33 Hi HR Ac 6m IB jV, tfl a* tkip the CD 32 X ic hate Ac Utgear telecom of tthm' Mot mtv SIS-S29! Urn of Ocmt htlm err not nWufcf it of ttU deadline, to doIC crJ A chert IBCI in buatpcaa day* for Idd incladc ill regular The* ait W iwnp rt'x* A dc ground anrr within Canada & the Affuu. Bandlifig. Duty, brokerage,aura clearance Bid d«* lo door delivery. Some order* may rwjoirc ipecial handling, maulklmn rie , Ihrrrfore Uiii ii nir a ruufclmc. Dclneij rale* k tknei lt rv guaranteed UPSiTcdEX Mail will not accent dauna for dimiftfto*! Wnhowt inaoramv. Inamn* ia 4% of a BmnunL ’ iiuumd ft's a 6 point foal now. It that better? The prices shown are in USS and arc based on .he USS-CanadianSexchange rate as of add creationdierefore actual prices may LneJO& Btih!
* OK Canadian If any of this is unclear, please ask for details before ordering. Sony, but we can‘i be responsible for damage, delays or HM du shi ng please insure your order.’ Prices shown reflect a 2% Cash discount. SIDELINE SOFTWARE orders 1-800-888-9273 only 840 N.W, 57th Court, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 Need Info? Call (305) 491-9519 G A M E Type
16. 95 1695 2195
21. 95 26 95 26 95
19. 95 1S95
16. 95 1695 2195 24 95 If. 95
18. 95 2995 2195 2195 26 95 1895 2195 16 95 18 95 2195 1895 1295 1895 2195 1895 24 95 21 95 16 95 2195 2195 1895 18 95
21. 95 24 95 16 95
18. 95 18 95
19. 95 24 9S
24. 95 1895
16. 95 Y 1895
21. 95 16 95
18. 95 18 95 18 95 18 95 1895 16 95 1895 1695 16 95 18 95 1895
19. 95 16 95 16 95 1695
24. 95 2695
24. 95 2195 19 95
21. 95 1695 1695
16. 95 24 95
21. 95 18 95 1895
21. 95 16 95 19 95 19 95 2195
3. 0 ? Hard-drive installable. Off-disk copyprotection. 40 40 27 21 35 35 40 35 35 42 40 40 35 35 40 40 42 40 35 35 35 38 45 25 35 40 35 40 Soon 42 35 42 42 40 40 45 42 35 40 42 38 40 38 40 27 SHIPPING (UPS Ground) For up lo 3 pieces, by payment Mastercard & Vim IS M-C O.D (Cash Only) *10.00 Next day am add $ 10.2nd day air add $ 5.3 day air add S3 to basic rate. Shipping time* not guaranteed COMPATIBILITY NOT GUARANTEED DEALER INQUIRIES? Call 305-01-0393 Nothing is etched in stone. Everything is subject to change. Price & Availability subject lo change at any time1 Delecbrt product* e«aun ut subject I
U. K. products warranbtd through Sideline (eebrt products eicfunged wilh ipprwil CALL FIR! Duets mrrarfied through marnrtacturer No refunds or exchanges same item, but subject to Sideline ai US NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOFTWARE PERFORMANCE New Additions are in Red 3-0 Construction Kit 3-D World Boxing 4 0 Sports Boxing 4-D Sports Driving A-Tram Abandoned Places 2 Action Sttlions Addam's Family Afrika Korps Air Support (Psygnosis) Alfred Chicken (regular or AGA) Alien Breed Specitl Edition Aien Sued? Aliens 3 Ancient Art of War In The Skies Another World Apidya Apocalypse Arabian Knights Assassin Special Edition Barbarian 2 (Psygnosis) BATH Battle Hawks 1942 Battle Isle Battleship Battle tech Bid Elliot HAS CAR Challenge Bill's Tomato Game Birds of Prey (Electronic Arts) Black Crypt Blackjack Academy Blob = Core Design) Blues Brothers Body Blows Body Blows 2 Cadaver and Data Disk Celtic Legends Championship Manager '93 Chaos Engine Checkers, Chess. Backgammon Chuck Rock 2 Cohort Fighting for Rome Combat Air Patrol (Psygnosis) Conan the Cimarron Coal Croc Twins (with T-shirtI Covert Action (Microprose) Crazy Cars 3 CrviSd ter a Cores? Cycles (Accolade) D-Generation AGA Dark Mere Delender Of The Crown Deluxe Productions DeLuxe Strip Poker 2 Deuteros Diggers AGA Donk Doodle Bug Double Dragon 3 Dracuia (Psygnosis) Dune Elvira 2 Eye of the Beholder 1 (SSI) Eye of the Beholder 2 (SSI) eplt F-16 Falcon (Spectrum Holobyte) F-19 Stealth Fighter (Microprose) Face Off ice Hockey Fairy Tate Adventure Feudal Lords Fire team 2200 Flight of the Intruder Fool'S Errand Gauntlet 3 Global Effect Globule (Psygnosis) Grand Pnx Circuit ( ‘ Great Napoleonic Battles Hardball 1 Harlequin Heimdall Hillslat (SSI) Hoyles Book of Games 1 2 3. Each: Indiana Jones Graphic Adventure Indianapolis 500 = Electronic Arts) International Ice Hockey It Came From The Desert 2 Jack Nicklaus Greatest IB Jaguar XJ 220 James PondAQuatic Games John Madden Football Knights o( the Sky (Microprosel Kmghtmare Laser Squad Legend (4 Crystals of Tmzar) Legend ol Valor Lemmmgs 1 and 2 Links Golf Lionheart Maniac Mansion Megatraveler 2 Mercenary 3 Microprose Golt (Greens) Mig 29 Fulcrum Millenium Return to Earth Monty Python Napolean t (Intercme) New Zealand Story ek Fa 'do s GoU Nigell Mansell Grand Pnx Obit us (Psygnosis) Overrun (SSI) Pacific islands (Team Yankee 2) Palladio 2 Panza Kick Boxing Paperboy 2 Parasol Stars (Runtw Island 2) Pictionary Pirates! Police Quest III (Sierra) Populous Promised Lands Loom (Lucas film) Lotus Turbo Challenge 3 M-1 Tank Platoon (Microprose) -15 Strike Eagle 2 Power Monger 8 WW1 2! 95 Premiere 26.95 Premier Mariasr 2 21.95 Pnnce ol Persia 16.95 Protect X 2195 Pushover 21.95 Putty 24.95 Quack (Team 17) 24.95 R- Type 2 18.95 Railroad Tycoon 24.95 Red Zone (Psyancsis) 18.95 Revenge of Derender 9.95 Risky Woods 21.95 Road Rash 18 95 Robocod Regular and AGA 18.95 Robocop3-D 26.95 Ro bo sport (MAXIS) 24.95 Rodland 1695 Saber Team 21.95 Secret ol Monkey Island 21.95 Seek and Destroy 24.95 Sensible Soccer '93 24 95 Shadow Worlds 18.95 Shufflepuck Cate 16 95 Silent Service 2 24.95 Sim Ant 26.95 Sim City 21.95 Sim Earth 26.95 Sim Lilt AGA 24.95 Soccer Kid 21 95 Space 1889 14.95 Space Crusade 21.95 Soeedba'i 2 18 95 Spoils of War (Intercme) 18.95 Stardust 21.95 Street Fighter 2 24.95 Stunt Car Racer 16.95 Super Space Invaders 18.95 Super Sqweek 14.95 Super Tetris 21.95 Syndicate 24.95 12 The Arcade Game 18 95
r. V Sports Baseball 2195
T. V. Sports football 18 95
T. V Sports Boxing 21 95 Team Yankee 2195 The Immortal 19 95 The Simpsons 18.95 The Third Reich (Avalon Hill) 2195 The Three Stooges 18 95 Their Finest Hour 2195 Tip-Off Basketball 1895 Toki 1695 Torvak the Warrior 16 95 Traders (Mule Clone) 1695 Traccon2 26 95 Tnvial Pursuit Genius Ed 16.95 Troddie rs 18 95 Trolls or Trolls AGA 18.95 Turtles 2 The Arcade Game 18.95 Ultima 5 21.95 Utopia 21.95 Vol iid (01X2) 18.95 Walker (Psygnosis) 24 95 War m the Gulf 18 95 Warhead 16.95 War Zone 16 95 White Death (Intercme) 18 95 WizKid 18 95 Wtz and Lu (Psygnosis) 2195 World Boxing Manager 1895 Worlds at War (Intercme) 18 95 Worlds ol Legends (Legend 2) 24 95 WWF 2 Euro Rampage 24 95 Xenon 2 (Mtgabtastf 14 95 Zak McCracken 18 95 Zool 19.95 ZoolAGA (A-1200) 24.95 Amazon Queen Amber Moon Apocalypse Arudi Pool A mgedon 2 Banshee - AGA ONL Y Beneath a Steel Sky Benefactor Cannon Fodder Civilization (AGA) D-Day (Impressions) Detroit (Impressions) Ed Mama Elite II FIFA Soccer Global Domination Gunship 2000AGA Heimdall 2 or AGA Impossible Mission (Microprose) K240 Kick-Off 3 or AGA King Maker King's Quest 6 (SierraI Legacy of Sorasil Liberation Maelstrom Raiden Rules ot Engagement 2 Sim City2000 -AGA ONLY Simon the Sorcerer £ AGA Skid Macks Star Lord (Microprose) TFX-AGA ONLY The Blue and the Gray The Settlers Them* Park ¦ AGA ONLY Tornado Flight Simulator or AGA Turbo Trax Twilight 2000
U. F.O. (Microprose Ultimate Pinball Quest Universe Valhala When Two Worlds War Wing Commander NEW TITLES CotN-OP HITS 2 incudes Nin|3 spint, Dynasty Wars. Hammerlist, Vigilante. Ghouls and Ghosts ALL FOR $ 24.95 LORDS OF POWER Induces The Pertec: General Reo Baron, Silent Seiv.ce 2. Ana Railicia Tycoon ALL FOR $ 49.95 POWER PACK includes T V Sports football. Xenon 2. Sloodwych amd Lombard Road Rally ALL FOR $ 29.95 BIG BOX 2 Includes TV Fooitail. Back to the future 3, Real Ghostbusters. R-Iype. Sinbad, Armalyle, Defenders o! Me EarTh. Int i Karate Plus. Bom6u;?ie. Shanghai ALL FOR $ 39.95 COMBAT CLASSICS indudes 538 Attack Sub. F 15 Sti'ke Eagle 2. Team Yankee ALL FOR $ 34.95 TOO HOT TO HANDLE Includes Super Oft Read RacinQ. Gulden A»e. Total Recall. Shado Warrior ALL FOR $ 29.95 EXCELLENT GAMES Shuttle. Populous 2. James Pond 2. Archer Medem's Pod ALL FOR $ 49.95 POWER HITS indudes Utile Computer People. Shanghai. Spin Dtfjy Worlds. Ports of Can. Hacker 2. BalUe Tech Fighter Bamber. G3 Air Rally. Wicked Tournament GoH ALL FOR $ 34.95 SB.95 Each, or Any 3 for S20! All Saltt Final! Thunder Jaws Cardtax * Night Shift Night Hunter Hudson Hawk ' Ran-X Armada Borodino California Games 2 Megaphoenix * James Bond Stealth Affair Hagar the Horrible Faces (Tris 3) Alpha Waves Deadline Bushbuck Treasure Hunter Dojo Dan Dark Castle Zoetrope 20 OOO Leagues Under Sea Bravo Romeo Delta Under Pressure Teenage Turtles Gem-X' Nmja Remix T2 Judgement Day
* = requires AGNUS chip. Most Titles $ 35! Gunship 2000, Super Methane Brothers. Labyrinth ol Time. Liberation, Nick Faldo's Golt, Heimdall 2, U.F.O., James Pond 3, T.F.X., Chaos Engine. Alien Breed 2, Uthmate Body Blows. Elite 2. Microcosm. The Lost Vikings. Battle Chess. Impossible Mission. Banshee. Guardian, Unrverse. Little Devil. Jet Sink*. Simon the Sorcerer. Beneath a Steel Sky. Second Samurai, Arcade Pool. Competition Pro CD 32 Joystick only 123 While They Last! CD32 TITLES IN STOCK MULTIPACKS EUROMAGS Amiga Format, CU. Amiga. Amiga Games. Amiga Actkm. Amiga Computing. Amiga User International, Amiga Power, CD 32 Gamer ALL WITH DISKS-$ 10 each Amiga Shopper-no disk $ 7 FIX (806) 481-8134 THIS IS JUST delightful. England’s Vulcan Software is advertising Valhalla and the Lord of Infinity as the Amiga’s “first speech adventure.” That’s certainly accurate this six-disk game beat out the in-bound “talkie” CD32 versions of Dark Seed and Simon the Sorcerer and it’s certainly part of this puzzle-driven adventure’s not inconsiderable charm. Joystick your little blond fellow to most any object or feature in the game, whether unique or mundane, hit the firebutton, and he’ll tilt up his head so he’s looking out of the screen and say, in a tiny, English-accented voice, “It’s a book!” (well, dull!) Or “It’s a lee-vah!" Or, simply and pitifully, “I want to go home.” And no wonder, with the great crypt around him gorgeously done up in funereal brown, unseemly death looming at every turn, and tabletop skulls demanding “Bring me blood!” and, hysterically, “Do you wove me?” Now, “charm” is a nice thing, whether in platformers or text adventures, and here it extends even into the hard-disk installation routine (which has you spelling out the title in icons). But it’s ultimately irrelevant it can’t of its own accord redeem a had game or by its absence damn a great one and Valhalla, speech or no speech, is a great one. It’s especially welcome because this sort of game has never fared particularly well on the Amiga either due to low puzzle population, obsession with scenery over content, or dismal translation. Consider Darkspyre. That 1990 Electronic Zoo game was a wonderful dungeon adventure on the IBM with weapons and armor, which Valhalla happily omits but arrived on the .Amiga in a decrepit condition that never earned it any special recognition. Valhalla is what Darkspyre should have been. The lour levels here are immense; they seem to grow and grow, like crazy weeds, as you gradually acquire objects that lead to other objects, that lead to keys, that open locked doors, that lead to sort of’game has been done inexpensively there’s Escape from a Very Large Cave but it’s the first that’s been really well done. (Shame about all the misspellings, though.) It’s Raining . . . Turtles? Bv contrast, most of the first batch of Turtle Lightning stuff (all S6.50) is closer to shareware, and they’ll need to look for more distinctive material to compete with the big boys from Europe. However, that’s only to be expected as a start-up publisher finds its way, and that isn’t to say that any of its first three releases are bad. (They’ve recently released a fourth game Deluxe Hangman at $ 4.50.) Q-Berta is a charming lightweight application of Ms. Pacrnan principles to the veteran hopper of Escher-like cubes. And while Stress is Tetris variant 14,552, something happy and goofy wafts about it possibly because the author created it for his five-year-old. The most interesting entity is Robotic Rebellion Professional the full, editor-equipped version of an interesting arcade puzzle game from the author of the recent TechnoVen- ture. The game is actually much better that its implementation would sometimes suggest. The scrolling method is irritating, and the main sprite an intricate creation in the fashion ofThe Killing Game Show has a tendency to flicker. But the puzzles are clever, and it keeps you thinking . . . And playing. To locate vendors of the games reviewed, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses” list on p. 60. Valhalla and the Lord of Infinity PRESERVE 400% INCREASE IN SPEED ON AN AMIGA 4000 68040 25MHZ! MACRO SYSTEMS MAKES IT POSSIBLE WITH THE WARP ENGINE!
* FREE 2 DAY DELIVERY ON CSA & MICROBOTICS PRODUCTS TO THE 48 STATES* *NO SALES TAX IN DELAWARE*
3. 5" HARD DRIVES AMIGA QUANTUM LOW PROFILES - Warranty 42 ELS SCSI 2 Yra 105 LPS SCSI 2 Yra 170 ELS SCSI l&tl 2 Yra 270 ELS SCSI l&ll 2 Yra 340 ELS SCSI l&II 2 Yra 525 LPS SCSI l&ll 2 Yra 540 ELS SCSI l&ll 2 Yra 1050 Empire 9.5MS 5 Yra 1400 Empire 9.5MS 5 Yra 2T00 Empire 9.5MS 5 Yra MICROPOLIS 221 OS 1-2G SCSI l&ll 10MS 699 2210A 1.2G IDE 10MS 699 221 OS A V 1.2G SCSI l&tl 10MS 799 2217S A V 1.7G SCSI l&ll 10MS1099 2217A 1.7G IDE 1 QMS 999 22178 1-7G SCSI l&ll 10MS 999 4110S 1.2G SCSI l&ll B.5MS 699 1930 343G SCSI l&ll 1999 1991 9J)G SCSI l&ll 5049 A4000 68040 or 68030 CALL A1200 Computer w HD CALL 1982 Monitor NEW 499 "1084S Monitor 299
* 1950 60 Monitor 399 A520 Video Adapter 49 A2088 XT Bridgecard 69 A2286 AT Bridgecard 299 2 MB Ram For 2091 96 Janus 2.1 Update 49 A2 3000 Disk Drives 79.95 A500 Int. Disk Drives 49.95 A6 1200 Keyboards 29.95 A2 3 400Q Keyboards 79.95 A2 3000 Power Supply 109 Replacement Mouse 29.95 External High Density 169
2. 05 Kickstart Rom 39.95
2. 04 Kickstart Rom 32.95
1. 3 Kickstart Rom 22 1MB Agnus (8372A) 37.50 2MB Agnus (8372B) 99.95 Super Denise (8373) 28.95 Paula (8364) Or Denise 18.95 CIA (8520) 8.50 Gary (5719) 13.95 2620 2630 Upgrade Kit 49 2091 Upgrade Eprom9 7.+ 49 Superbuster (-11) (4091) 99 Ramsey (A3000) 99 Fat Gary (A3000) 49 Super Dmac (A3000) 99 Amber (A3000) 79 A3000 Daugterboard 99 99 175 199 249 299 349 375 749 999 1299 CBM CD32 w Paravision SX1
- Double speed CDROM drive
- Two megabytes of ram
- 11 button controller
- Sleepwalker Pinball Fantasies Diggers
- Built in battery backed clock
- Internal expansion to eight MB ram
- Internal & External IDE connectors
- Pass-thru for full motion video option
- External IBM Nine pin serial port
- External IBM standard parallel port
- External IBM keyboard interface
- External floppy drive connector
- Disable switch for compatibility mu
- Extra four megs of ram +149.00
- Extra eight megs of ram +299.00
- External high density disk drive +149.00
- External low density disk drive +89.00
- Matching keyboard +49.00
- Add internal hard drives listed below MAXTOR 175 349 120 LPS SCSI IDE 540 Low Profile SCSI IDE Western Digital 3 YEAR WARRANTY 210MB 199 250MB 225 340MB 239 420MB 275 54DMB 349 730MB 5 YEAR Warranty 499
2. 5" SX-1 A1200 A600 Hard Drives SG9051A 40MB Seagate 139 SG9077A 65MB Seagate 159 SC9096A 85MB Seagate Max 199 SG9145AG 127.9MB Seagate 249 M25252A 250MB Maxtor 349
- ’TVr.TT.’rAT. SB CONNER 549 649 910 MB IDE 1090MB IDE Commodore 4000 68040 Daughterboard 25MHZ Only $ 499 MEMORY CHIPS
5. 25" HH 44MB DRIVE (SQ555)
5. 25" HH 88MB (SQ5110C) (R&W44)
3. 5" LP 105MB IDE & SCSI
5. 25" HH 200MB (SQ5200) (R&W 44&88)
3. 5" LP 270MB SCSI (SQ3270S) 13MS
5. 25" 44MB Cartriges
5. 25" 88MB Cartriges
3. 5" 105MB Cartriges
5. 25 200MB & 3.5" 270MB Cartriges External Versions w Cabling Add 249 275 299 449 449 65 99 69 99 99 All Speeds Available 1x8 120-60ns SIMMS 39+ 4x8 120-e0ns SIMMS 139+ 1x4 100-60 ns Static ZIP 19+ 1 x4 100-60 ns Page ZIP 19+ 1x4 100-60ns Page DIP 39+ 1x1 120*60ns DIP 5+ 256X4 120-60n9 DIP 5+ 256X4 120-QOns ZIP 5+ 256x32 (1MB Simm 72P) 39+ 512x32 (2M B Simm 72P) 85+ 1x32 Simms (4MB) 149+ 2x32 Simms (8MB) 299+ 4x32 Simms (16MB) 599+ 8x32 S imms (32MB) 1199+ PCMCIA Ram Card 2M 119+ PCMCIA Ram Card 4M 229+ GVPTBC+FRAM 199+ Ram Changes For Better Or Worse Please Call 1st Kickstart 11 Upgrade Kit 149 (Specify which machine you own) NOAHJI CSA VLAB MOTION SYSTEM 1699 Retina Z2 w 4MB Ram 495 Retina Z3 W 4MB Ram 685 Toccata 449 VlabY C Int Ext 424 524 Vlab Comp Int Ext 379 479 MAGNUM 68040RC33 MAGNUM 68040RC28 DERRINGER 25 25 1 MB DERRINGER 25 25 4MB DERRINGER 33 00 4MB DERRINGER 33 33 4MB DERRINGER 50 00 4MB DERRINGER 50 00 8MB Rocket Launcher 50 50 1199 999 399 499 499 575 549 699 499 AdlDE 40MB HD System w 2.5n Drive (500 2000) AdlDE 130MB HD System w 2.5" Drive (500 2000) Flicker Free Video II ADR AM 540 W 4MB (A500) 269 399 249 275 AUDIO VIDEO 0KB DPS Personal TBC III 699 DPS Personal TBC IV 799 DPS PAR w Software 1549 SEAGATE SG3655A 349 DPS Personal Component 399 DPS Personal V Scope 729 Kitchen Sync 1199 Final Copy II 59.95 Final Writer 89.95 Magic Lantern 24 Bit 74.95 Sparks 74.95 Opal Vision 2.0 395 DCTV-NTSC 274 Montage 299 Deluxe Paint IV AGA 119 Morph Plus 139 Art Department Pro 2.5 139 Scala 3,0 289 Caiigari 24 139 Aladdin 4D 249 Video Toaster 3.1 Upgrade 499 Video Toaster 4000 3,1 1995 Picaso W 1MB-2MB 439 495 AD516 Digitizer (16bit) 1189 2632 w 4Megabytee MegAChip w 2MB Agnus Multi-Start 2 Rev 6A KwikStart II (A1000) 1202 FPU & Ram w 1 MB & Clk TihWTI s (Math C o FriwevirtN 68040-40 w MMU&FPU 399.00 68040-33 w MMU&FPU 299.00 68040-25 w MMU&FPU 199.00 68040-EC25 149.00 68030-RC-50 w MMU 139.00 68030-RC-40 w MMU 119.00 68030*EC40 (NO MMU) 99.00 68030-RC-33 w MMU 99.00 68030-RC-25 w MMU 75.00 68030-EC-25 (NO MMU) 50.00 68882-RC-PGA-50 FPU 119.00 68882-RC-PGA-40 FPU 109.00 68882-RC-PGA-33 FPU 89.00 68882-RC-PGA-25 FPU 75.00 68881-RC-PGA-25 FPU 45.00 68882-FN-PLCC 40 FPU 135.00 68882-FN-PLCC 33 FPU 89.00 68882-FN-PLCC 25 FPU 75.00 68881 -FN-PLCC 25 FPU 45.00 68881-FN-PLCC 16 FPU 35.00 803 87-25SX (3 86BB) FPU 69.95 Crystal Oscillators_10-00 GVP Gforce 040-4QMhz w 4MB Gforce 040-33Mhz W 4MB Gforce 030-40Mhz W 4MB A4008-HC8+OMB Glock Genlock EGS Spectrum w 2MB TBC+ w o SMPTE CODE A500+ Or 530Turbo FaaastROM Kit Cinemorph Software Phonepak VFX 2.0 DSS8+ Sound Sampler I O Extender A1230 40-00-4+DPP-ll A1230 50-00*4+DPP-ll A1291 SCSI II Controller GVP SiMM 32*6 995 995 595 145 295 345 595 CALL 39 29 239 89 119 499 599 89 CALL EXPANSION SYSTEMS DATAFLYER 1200 SCSI+ 229 309 389 149 199 229 249 225 725 Provides A SCSI Port w pass- thru for internal IDE 2.5" drives 1200 SCSI+ w No HD 99.00 1200 SCSI+ w HD's CALL Baseboard 601C w 1 MB 69 Dataflyer 12 600 XDS 69 W 340MB Hard Drive 325 w 1080MB Hard Drive 699 Dataflyer Ram w 2mb 199 500 SCSI or IDE 149 1000 SCSI or IDE 149 2000 SCSI or IDE 95 500 SCSI&IDE 179 1000 SCSi&IDE 199 2000 SCSI&IDE 125 was & MS DOS 5.0 Just 299.00 Mcicro Systems 68040 - 28Mhz w o CPU 740 68040 - 33Mhz w CPU 1000 68040 - 40Mhz wJCTU 1209
- Comes witli SCSI I! Controller
- I'Ajiiuulnhte To 128MJI w 72 Pin Industry Standard Simms
- 16MB Simms $ 590.00
- 32MB Simms $ 1009.00
- Upgrade kits available for owners with original A4000-040 board.
- Free second day shipping to the 48 states. CSA 12 Gauge Accelerators 33Mhz w MMU & SCSI Board 399 w 4MB 80-70NS Ram 549 33Mhz w MMU & FPU & SCSI 499 w 4MB 80-70NS Ram 649 50Mhz w MMU & SCSI Board 499 w 4MB 60NS Ram 675 50Mhz w MMU & FPU & SCSI 599 w 4MB 60NS Ram 775
- Special Combo Deal Get the VXL30 at 33Mhz with the Memory Management Unit (MMU) plus you get the VXL32 ramboard with 2MB of 32bit fast ram!
- Upgradable to 40-50Mhz by simply replacing the CPU chip and the crystal oscillator! No need to send back the board for expensive rework or trade the board in to lose a bundle ot money!
- Included ramboard has a built in kickstart socket to allow remapping of rom into 32bit ram for even faster operations, and allows use of an extra kickstart rom Only S399 SYQUEST UNMATCHED PRICES’! VXL30-33 2M B 1230XA50MHZ w MMU 299 1230XA40MHZ w MMU 275 1230XA 40EC No MMU 199 1230XA 33 w MMU & FPU 249 MBX1200Z w 2QMhz FPU 125 MBX120QZ w 20Mhz&4M B 299 MBX1200Z w 20Mhz&8MB 399 8-Up! Ramboard w QMB 99 8-Up! Ramboard w 2MB 149 8-Up! Ramboard w 4MB 8-Up! Ramboard w 6MB 8-Up! Ramboard w 8MB VXL*30 68030 25Mhz VXL*30 68030 33Mhz VXL*30 68030 40Mhz VXL*30 68030 SOMhz VXL32 W 2MB 32Bit Ram VXL32 W 8MB 32Bit Ram M1230XA W SCSI+ PARAVISION Micro R&D 2000 Bigfoot Power Supply 159 1200 600 500 Bigfoot 89 Slingshot A500 (1A2000Slo!) 39 Slingshot Pro A500 69 X-Calibur A4000 Ram Unit 649 Accelerator for the Amiga 1200 with SCSI Controller et 50Mhz with four meg* of 80n« ram - 549.00 25 South Old Baltimore Pike Lafayette Bldg. Suite 202 Newark, DE. 19702
(302) 738-9046 ORDERS ONLY
(302) 738-9267 PRODUCT Info Tech
(302) 738-9259 Fax 24 HOURS a Please Understand Our Policies DISCOVER VISA MASTER Card Accepted. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice! 15% restocking fee on all refunds. Defective merchandise will be replaced with same item only. Call 302.738.9267 for approval RMA before returning merchandise. No returns will be accepted without RMA . NO RETURNS AFTER 10 DAYS! We are not responsible for Incompatibility of products Shipping Sl handling is non-refundable. S&H for chips is $ 5 COD Fee $ 6 Personal checks require 10 working days to clear. Call for actual shipping prices on all other items. Ram Prices Change Dally G A M E PR E 8 E R V E more objects . . . Until you surprise yourself by stumbling upon the ending, the levels feel endless, but not in an indiscriminate or random way. And there’s precious little walking that doesn’t bring you into contact with the treacherous and the challenging. It’s full of altars (mysteriously named), boxes (locked), levers that begged to be pulled, pits to fall into with a screech, and puzzles that seem insoluble at the start, but whose undoing, once achieved, seems kick-yourself natural. You don’t have to use every object in ever)' orifice. You simply have to think and match object to environment. Moreover, you live very actively within these walls. You’ll traverse die halls and rooms, back and forth, up and clown, so Download Dungeon My favorite shareware game of the last few months has to be Incinerator, a brilliant 3-D turn on Missile Command that makes a feast of my spare time. Next up from author Pete Storonski: the de- molition-derby game, Mangled Fenders . . . Amiga game editors have been in short supply in these lean times, but we’ve been blessed lately with FIGP-Ed (a comprehensive tool for messing around in World Circuit files) and EdSet, Megaball author Ed Mackey’s masterful save-file editor for The Settlers. There was a period when every other shareware game somehow seemed to involve pairing colored blocks. Then there was the Yachtzee Period (spelled innumerably different ways, but still Yachtzee). And most recently, we’ve been seeing a number of variations on Super Sprint. The two most widely distributed, Moose Drive and Automobiles (a sort ol miniature version of Skidmarks), are pretty good but the best has to be High Octane, which almost steers into Overdrive terrain (and, speaking of editors, it’s got a map editor, too). Many times in overhead view before moving on to the next level that playing Valhalla will come to feel like walking through your own home. (The interface is so appealingly simple you don’t have to agonize over things that should come naturally.) Limitations? Well, there’s but one savecl-game position (an advantage in that the game restores in one bright flash). The speech can grate especially if you’ve been stuck for a while and I’d have liked an option to turn it off. And while Valhalla’s occasional death traps ticked off some critics as unfair, I’m not among them, as maps of the relevant rooms can be found under certain floor tiles. Everything fits together. This is delightful. This is just delightful. Shareware RPGs on the Amiga tend to use an overhead view with The Fantasy Project and Sword of the Warlock being notable 3-D exceptions. Two more 3-D entries Black Dawn and Sword of Folklore are excellent, with BD being especially spooky, (Kit Felice’s The Gladiators of Dagania doesn’t quite belong in this school it’s really a combat game but the feel is very RPG-ish and it’s great fun. Make that multiplayerversion, Kit!) I can’t recall a conquest and resource-management game as detailed and thoughtful as Ed Musgrove’s Spheres of Influence; the level of control is just incredible , . . The Shepherd PowerMonger with animals has been released in a full-fledged shareware version , . , Ork Attack is the best Ka- boom! Done around; bloody but immensely entertaining . . . Ladder proves games don’t have to be big and elaborate to be fun; it’s a charming, pitch-perfect rendition of an ASCII game for CP M ... And Beetle has got to be the best shareware platform game ever to appear on the Amiga, with gorgeous, ornate graphics, 200 levels, four mini-games, and a level editor in the registered version. Put it this way: If you’d bought it for $ 30, you’d be happy. ¦ Manufacturers’ Distributors’ Addresses Abacus 5370 52nd Si. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49512 616 698*0330 Black Bell Systems 398 Johnson Rd. Gasgow, MT 59230 406 367-5513 Blevins Enterprises 121 Sweet Ave. Moscow, ID 83843 208 882-0148 Blue Ribbon Sound Works 1605 Chantilly Dr., Ste. 200 Atlanta, GA 30324 404 315-0212 Bruce Smith Books PO Box 382 St. Albans Herts AL2 3JD England 92-389-4355 Caligari Corporation 1955 Landings Drive Mountain View, CA 94043 415 390-9600 Compute Books 324 W. Wendover Ave., Suite 200 Greensboro, NC 27408 919 275-9809 DeskStation Technology 13256 W. 98th St. Lenexa, KS 66215 800 793-3375 Diemer Development 12814 Landale St. Studio City, GA 91604 818 762-0804 Digital Creations 160 Blue Ravine Rd.. Ste. B Folsom, GA 95630 916 344-4825 Digital Processing Systems 11 Spiral Drive Florence, KY 41042 606 371-5533 Dimension Technologies 2800 West 21st St. Erie, PA 16506 814 838-2184 DKB 50240 W. Pontiac Trail Wixom, MI 18393 313 960-8751 Dr. T’s Music Software 124 Crescent Rd., Suite 3 Needham, MA 02194 617 455-1454 Elastic Reality 925 Stewart St. Madison, WI 53713 608 273-6585 Fargo Electronics 7901 Flying Cloud Drive Eden Prairie, MN 55344 800 327-4622 Future Video Products 28 Argonaut, Suite 150 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 714 770-4416 Hollyware Entertainment 13464 Washington Blvd. Marina Del Rev, CA 90291 310 822-9200 " Interworks 43191 Camino Casillas, Suite B2469 Temecula, CA 92592 909 699-8120 MegagcM 1903 Adria Santa Maria, CA 93454 805 349-1104 Natural Graphics 4603 Slate Ct. Rocklin, CA 95677 916 624-1436 NewTek 1200 Executive Drive Topeka, KS 66615 800 843-8934 Noahji's 3591 Nyland Lafavetie, CO 80026 303 499-1975 Northwest Public Domain PO Box 1617 Auburn, WA 98071 206 351 -9502 Obvious Implementations PO Box 4487 Can-, NC 27519 800 761-2042 Optonica 1 The Terrace, High St. Lutterworth Leics LEI7 4BA England 45-555-8282 Oregon Research 16200 SW Pacific Hwy., Suite 162 Tigard, OR 97224 503 620-4919 Phantom Development PO Box 572 Plantsville, CF 06479 203 276-8175 RCS Management 6955 Taschercau Blvd. Brossard, Que. J4Z 1A7 Canada 514 926-3755 Service Management Group 10400 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 440 Columbia, MD 21044 410 992-9975 Soft-Logik Publishing 11131 S. Towne Sq., Ste. F St. Louis, MO 63123 314 894-8608 Spectronics 1 ntemational 34 East Main St. 3 Champaign, 11.61820 217 352-0061 Sound Quest 131 W. 13th Ave., Suite 2 Vancouver, B.C. V5Y !V8 Canada 604 874-9499 SunRize Industries 2959 S. Winchester Blvd., Suite 204 Campbell, CA 95008 408 374-4962 Turtle Lightning PO Box 30499 Midland, TX 79712 US Cybernetics 1950 Stemmons Freeway. Suite 5001 Dallas, TX 75207 403 289-0252 Virtual Reality Laboratories 2341 Ganador Court San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 805 545-8515 Warm and Fuzzy Logic 2302 Marriot Rd. Richmond, VA 23229 804 285-4304 InfoMarket VisionSoft 1130 Fremont Blvd.. Suite 104. Seaside. CA 93955 U.S.A. Price Product Price Memory
2. 04 Kickstart Rom 32
2. 05 Kickstart Rom 35 8373 Super Denise .28 8520 CIA 2 Mhz ...9 8372A I Mb Agnus ......32 8372B 2Mb Agnus 79 8364 R7 Paula ....16 5719 Gary .19 Super Buster Rev. 11 ......69 Super Dmac Rev. 4 69 Ramsey Rev. 7 ....69 A2091 Rom Ver 7 ..39 A2620-30 Rom Ver 7......49 Warp Engine 2x32-60ns ... .Call Warp Engine 4x32-60ns ... .Call Excalibur 4x32-60ns ... .Call lx4-80ns Static Column Zip 24 ix4-60ns Page Zip 23 ! X4-80ns Page Zip .22 lx8-70ns Simm (Sale) .... 35 lx8-80nsSimm ....43 4x8-70ns Simm ..135 4x8-80ns Simm ..132 1 x32-60ns Simm .159 lx32-70ns Simm .149 2x32-60ns Simm .299 2x32-70ns Simm .279 4x32-60ns Simm .589 4x32-70ns Simm .579 8x32-60ns Simm 1189 8x32-70ns Simm 1149 256x4-70ns Page Zip ......6 256x4-80ns Page Zip .... Call 256x4-70ns Page Dip 6 256x4-100ns Page Dip 4 GVP 32 4mb Simm......209 GVP 32 16mb Simm ....1169 M68882 PGA 25Mhz FPU .49 M68882 PGA 40Mhz FPU .109 M68882 PLCC 25Mhz FPU .69 M68882 PLCC 33Mhz FPU .89 M68030 33Mhz CPU 99 M68030 40Mhz CPU 119 M68030 50 Mhz CPU ....139
2. 5” 260Mb IDE Hard Dr . 329
3. 5” 120Mb SCSI Hard Dr .189
3. 5” 270Mb IDE Hard Dr ...269
3. 5” 540Mb Hard Dr. 459 Orders Only: 800-735-2633 Info & Tech: 408-899-2040 Pn & Availability subject Fax: 408-899-8760 BBS: 408-625-6580 toehaDSe «i hout notice 3D Digitizing System for LightWave Users VertK'ke TURTLE LIGHTNING PUBLIC DOMAIN AMIGAS' BEST: TLAS-RSH-TBAG-EUROPEAN-LICENSEWARE-COMMERC1AL | Try These 6-Disk Sets For $ 10.00 Each Set FONT-PAC: Hundreds of Fonts with Assigns and Vicwcr(Many Sizes) CLIP-ART PAC 3:Borders-Designs-Signs-People-Tmnsponuiion-More CLIP-.ART PAC 4:Religion-Home-Pf*3ple-SporTs-Animals-Occasioas POWER-MOD SET; 50 Great Music MODS Plus ED Player (Awesome) 10 Disks of Great LicenseWare Textures *£Only S29.00 By: VM. ALL FISH-ASSASSINS & TBAG DISKS ONLY $ 1.40 EA
I. Oil-LOST ( OMMI.IU III KIND WOKDS Wordprocessor TEXT-CRAFT W'onlproccssor S9.M INTELLI-TYPE TYPING TUTOR SI 9.00 GREAT TLAS DISKS FOR ONLY S2.00 EA PageScltcr iU.W GAMES 433- SCUD UIJ.STEK+ 46H-LEMMING2 TRIBES PLAYABLE DEMO 470-SEUCK GAMES 3) 489-BLOOD BALL 492WALKER (Plijahle) 673-Dr.JT-NDIJr 684-ULTIMATE RIDE- Drm 72K TRODDLERS 6-LEV 766 DESERT STRIKE Dcm 772 POPEYE 796-MEGABALL 3 812 SCORTC HED TANKS 816-INCINERATOR_ GAMES GAMES 14-STAR TREK I5T. RICHTER 2 DISK 21-SEA LANCE (SUB) 22-YAHT2EE (3 GAMES) 24-MONOPOLY AV.O.FORT 44-DOWNHILL SKI N 55-ZERG (D&D GAME) 62 DRIP lArvate) 70-MISSLh COMMAND * 3 72-DRAGON CAVE 78PETERS QUEST (ARC I 79-MEGA BALI. SO-PAC MAN+ J 28-SPACE GAMES 136-HATE (ZAXXON Hi.) 137-BLACKJACK) BANDIT 143 NEBULA (3 D GAME) 147-INTREP1D (Tank Sim) 148-BOULDERD ASH.MICRO 162-VI DEO POKER 176 GALACTIC WORM 190-MORIAID&D: 191-KINGDOM AT WAR 1‘M-SINKING ISLAND 3 24U-CHESS PACCER 245-CHECKERS 255-PlNBAlJ. 349-OX YD 378-DOMINOSX'ARDS. 398-LEG. OF LOTHIAN 403-INTRUDER ALERT BUS TOOLS: 455 D BASE 5 472 MULTI DOS SID 473-COOKBOOK 671-KICK L3INSTL 716-SCREEN BLANKERS 720-JR COMM 741-PK ZIP CRUNCH R 763-TERMINOUS MASTER 788-BEST DISK COPIERS 815- MAGIC WORKBENCH 819-STOCK ANALYST 821- D15KSALV2 REORG DELUXE PAINT 2 $ 10.00 D PAINT 3 $ 29.00 TV TEXT PRO. VI.O S29IK) AMIGA BOOK HF.GINNERS BIBLE SEARCH 3-Disks S6 EDUCATIONAL: 69-COLORS Si SHAPES 95-JAPANESE TUTOR 200- STATES-NIATH.1 201-SPACE LOG 338-WORK SEARCH X W 345-COMPUTER TUTOR 350-DESERT STORM 399-B1BLE PROSPER
399. S SPANISH VERS 412-WORLD DATA BANK 454-VERSEWISE I BIBLE) 495-MATH PLUS 669- BODY PARTS 6S8-SOLAR SYSTEM S72-DINOSAURS EURO-OAMES: 'FAT-AGNUS REQUIRED 500-NO MANS LAND 514-SUPER PACMAN 524-DONKEY KONG( 1.3) 533-PISBALL FANTDcron S3S-RREN ICE 5 38-TAN X Drajftmu lev 561 PARACHUTE JOUST 575-STAKBASF. 13 - 576 2 DISK SET - 577 MOTOROLA INV- 578 2 DISK * AGAr - 599 LEMMINGS LEVELS 605-Potnl of Sik AGA 606-AI200F.W GET OUR 4-DISK INTRO GAMES & CATALOG ONLY :$ 5 The VertiSketch digitizer allows you to create natural looking objects that will enhance the realism of your productions. Objects can be produced quickly and accurately by simply sampling points from the subjects you want digitized. The model !10, (shown above with optional turntable) is a our latest addition to the VertiSketch product line. This jointed arm digitizer offers a maximum reach of 21 inches, and an accuracy of + - .035 inches (mean), allowing you to accurately digitize a wide variety of rigid objects. Prices start at $ 2,395. For a demonstration video and sample objects, send $ 5.00 s&h or call"
(208) 885-3805 (208)885-3803 fax IT Blevins Enterprises, Inc. 121 Sweet Avenue, Moscow, ID 83843
- 0__ UghlWave is a IradetnarX 0* Te6. IneAMIGAVISION S29.00 DISK DRIVE CIE-ANING KIT GIVE US A CALL TODAY. YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID FREE Catalog Disk FREE With any purchase The Appetizer (by Gold Ehsk) A GREAT NO BOX VALUE 3 GREAT PROGRAMS ON 1 DISK MUSlCiFull Notation Editor Player WrRFTE: Great Itulc WrordProcc«or PAINT; Nice ProgramYV ZOQM ROTATE Complete With Full MANUAL Easy to uw DELUXE PAINT .3 TV TEXT PRO V | 0 TLAS PO BOX 30499 MIDLAND.TX 79712-0499 Postage Handling=S3 OR Priority Mail =54 For COD add S3 We Take Orders 7 days A Week 24 Hour FAX: 915-563-431 5 Info Sc ORDERS CALL COD InfoMarket HIGH RESOLUTION You deleted it. Yotj overwrote it. Tteo disk cnuhed. All of your volisAbSe work of tflie dty weojcAvJ.»r.ov «*r c* gone. Tms stuff wam't becked up. You didn't m&i&nJIJIjy' want to destroy that file _ MuftfVoi Mirror backs up a file every time you or any program saves it. Multiple versions of a file help you _ recover from accidental overwriting. Shdl input anH AogttfGriFofc output can be recorded as well. 3606 S. 180th St 022 Mu tiVol Minor and online documentation: US $ 45. SeaTac, WA 98188 Introductory Offer (to Nov. 1, 1994): US$ 30. (206) 246-6077 Terms: Check or Money Order. Arid $ 3. S&H augmontok acm.org Slides or Negatives
• POSTSCRIPT 6- Bitmap Imaging 35mm Slides Negatives • 4x5 Transparencies Poster Prints up to 36 Inches Wide
14. 4 Modem Transfers & BBS Support POSTSCRIPT Files • Amiga DOS Bitmap Files VISA MC accepted P0 Box 254 Wausaukee, Wl 54177
* * WANTED AMIGA 4000’S ** We will pay cash or you can trade for a IBM Compatible 486 System . Call JED at 814 583 5996 for going rates. ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION 4x5 COLOR TRANSPARENCIES ¦nd 35mm COLOR SLIDES from COLOR POSTSCRIPT • 24-BIT IFF • HAM • Standard IFF Amiga Repair Services PH 800 967 1073 We have the lowest labor rates in the country. C64 $ 30.00 • 1541 $ 40.00!
• A500 $ 35.00 • A2000 $ 55.00 • A3000 $ 75.00 • A4000 A1200 $ 75.00 Special of the Month: A500 internal drives $ 45.00 A3640 040 card for A3000 A4000 $ 699.00 J&C Repair RD til Box 9 RocWton Pa. 15*56 Over 4000-line Resolution • NO Scanlines * NO Curvature Distortion • Brilliant Color Call cr Write for order lorm. Price list & sample: 4301 N. 75th Street. Suite 101-B Scottsdale, Arizona 85251 HAMMOND PHOTOGRAPHIC SERVICES
(602) 949-6066 KASARA MICRO SYSTEMS 1-800-248-2983 • 803-681-5515 TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT In the Infomarket Section. Call Heather Guinard 1-800-441-4403 or 603-924-0313 Now the only source you will need for your Commodore product requirements. We have been your AUTHORIZED source for more than a DECADE of quality service. Prices on NEW or USED CPUs & accessories, up- grades, replacement parts & assemblies w,'h our EXCHANGE programs, repair maintenance services and stock-to-one-week delivery with our MONTHLY SPECIALS, 90 day warranty on parts repairs & quantity discounts Weekday Hours 9:00 am-6:00 pm EST REDUCE COSTS USED AMIGA HARDWARE! LIQUIDATIONS & BARGAINS
CX) PPERHEAD: The 1 dealer in quality pie-owned AMIGA hardware! BUY: The .Amiga or add-ons you want w o paying “new” prices. SELL: Your used Amiga equipment to us. BEST PRICES PAID! TRADE: In your system or accessories; Get die hardware you want!
* 30 day warranty on all equipment * Quick cash for your hardware * If you think you can’t afford quality commercial software ... think again! Although wc carry ihe top 100 software hits and a full line of accessories for your AMIGA, we specialize in closeouts and liquidations. Let us do the bargain hunting for you! Find out why thousands of computer users choose us as their one stop supplier. We publish one of the best catalogs in the industry. Call or write for your free copy! SomiiBRt Software Support Int. 2700 N.E. Andresen Rd. Suite A-tO Vancouver Wa 9R661
(206) 695-1393 AMIGA - C64 128 - IBM SUMf CALL TOLL FREE TODAY! 1-800-356-1179 Major Credit Cards Accepted. COPPERHEAD TECHNOLOGIES, INC, 106 Jay St., Schenectady, NY 12305 Voice Fax: (518) 346-3894 Fax:(518)570-3416 BBS:(518) 346-7532 AMIGA AND COMMODORE SUPPORT SERVICES AMIGA Now utilize the same repair facilities used by dealers and other Commodore service centers. Take advantage of direct low pricing, fast turnaround, extended warranties, service contracts, low-cost system upgrades (such as 1 MB Agnus), Toaster problems and most important-PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. USING OUR SERVICE IS AS EASY AS 1-2-3
* **** AMIGA & COMMODORE CHIPS 6510 CPU ...$ 9.95 6526 CIA ....$ 9.95 8520A CIA ..$ 7.95 8520 PLCC (A4000) ...$ 14.95 8362 8364 $ 11.95 6567 Video .$ 9.95 906114 PLA ...$ 9.95 8373 Super Denise ....$ 24.95
1. 3 ROM $ 16.95
2. 04 ROM .$ 24.95 . „ . 2.05 ROM .$ 24.95 8375 Agnus with diagnostic disk ..$ 29 95 1402 VGA BAW monitor .. .$ 49.95 Plus all Commodore and Amiga POWER SUPPLIES ..CALL ‘Send SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) for listing ot thousands of specialty parts lust received from Commodore* Amiga Mouse (original 1352) .$ 12.95 8372}.... ..... .....
1. Call our toll-free number 1-800-426-8693 and receive a Return Authorization Number. This is your tracking number.
2. Pack your unit(s) securely. Write the Return Number on the outside of the box. Include Credit Card Number, Check or Money Order.
3. Send via UPS or other carrier. COST OF SERVICES* AMIGA I COMMODORE FLAT RATE LABOR FLAT RATE LABOR A500 S55.00 1 C64 $ 25.00 A2000 $ 85.00 C12B $ 45.00 A3000 $ 120.00 1541 $ 20.00 A40Q0 S150.00 1571 S35.00 1 * PLUS UPS SHIPPING CDTV $ 60.00 1 CALL FOR OTHER ITEMS WE SERVICE FAST REPAIR 1 -800-426-8693 AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER HOURS: 9-6 E.T. MON.-FRI, GLOBAL IIPGRAITF I NO 121 west nyack road, suite 6,nanuet,nya VAL.V UinL. UrunMUCO IIVVs. 914-624-3200*FAX914-524-3239 62 October 1994 InfoMarket Better Concepts, Inc. Blows Away The Competition Title Price Ultm BdyBlows 32 Microcosm (NTSCD 34.95 That's Games 1 24.95 That's Games 11 24.95 Gamesfit Goodies 24.95 Strtp Poker (kb req]29.95 Sexual Fantasies 54.95 Sheer Delight New! 39.95 PriceTitle Price Lotus Trilogy $ 31 Gunahtp 2000 34 LabyrtnthTttnc 29 Global Effect 35 SprMethaneBroa 32 Lemmlngs(cdtv) 25 Liberation 28 Brutal 5prt Ftbll 29 SummaOlmpx 32 Video Creator $ Call Fury of Furrles 29 CD32 Football 29 Chaos Engine 32 InslghtDlnsr 40 Fire fit Ice 31 Dangra Streets 28 CD31 w Pin bat I Fuituio & Sleepwalker $ 389
CD) 2 w Pinball Fantasies, Sleepwalkmr (4 Liberation $ 415 Title Girl Strl ?'Our po nst your §holce frtfm 8 women, peaks in 4 »+morel 29.95 a In Motlpn- animations of all Kafle- sorts of animals. 12,95 :urfstic Women In liotlon-
12. 95 BfitW animations of
- 19th century nude erlock women. Good for vld eg Titles Town With N o Name* Interactive western cartoon! Great! 12.95 Psycho Killer-An Interactive murder m works on___ Eyes Of The t Irfteractive fut RP adventure Cower Gin strip Poker-Test your pokct Price
17. 95 CD PD II
14. 95 CD PD ill
54. 95 CD PD IV
14. 95 Demo CD 1
24. 95 Demo CD 11
24. 95 Fresh Fish Newl 17BltCont Amlnct Newl Sexual Fantasie EuroScene That's Games 1 That's Games 11 GamesNGoodles Clipart fit Fonts esffss® .mutant Classes Begin JaeuaiV
24. 95 FxmFsh 1-1000
29. 95 Gold Fish 2cd's
29. 95 Strip Pokerfcdtv) $ CaD Sheer Delight
29. 95 Interactive century nu i. Good ic
39. 95 Holmea mystayl 12.95 or paint projects SF $ 5 Titles Amazing SplderMan Keys To Maramon Zeotrope Dr Dooms Revenge Twilight's Ransomc immerci Software $ 7 Titles Covert Action F-15 II Flames Of Freedom Greens Knights of the Sky Millenium $ 10 Titles Sleeping Gods Lie War In The Gulf We also have a full fit tremendous PD llnggi l uslc, morel Get Our Catalog Nowll! Point & click adventure game creator for the Amiga! DREAMWEAVER™ "The Great Adventure Builder" Rated "A-" April '94 in AmigaWorld Magazine! Sound effects, graphics, special fx, debugging tools Runs on any Amiga with 1.5Mb of RAM Includes editor, player, manual and 2 adventures $ 29*95 plus $ 3.50 s&h (check or money order) AmyGames, PO Box 485, Zionsville, IN 46077 317-873-9817 Software Library including games, utilities, adult entertainment, music, gfx in fir so much
• Now Shipping Version 1.1 •
• Super Easy, Paint & Click Environment
• Converts Imnifcs To And From IFF, GIF, JPEG. PCX 34 Bit & More!
• Many Configurable Image Output Options
• Resizing. Precise Scaling. Color Correction. Botch Processing Plus So Much More! ' 680S0 or higher nxjuired List Price 85935 Special Intro Price $ 39J96 CfrH Add Wc also cany the largest PD library I See our previous adg or call wrfte for free catalog or send $ 3 for 'Vp i catalog, disk catalog « sample disk! Or shop the competitions ad & well sell you the same for lessl 55 MID. Can for anything! Aso see our ads In Amazing Amiga fit Amiga Game Zone magazines! Call Now To Order! M 1-800-lsAmiga kxz Better Concepts, 10 Mandon Terrace >44 hm New Citv. NY 10056 ¦'OlC
1. 914.639.5095 Info
1. 914.634.7097 Fax SOMETHING EXCITING IS HAPPENING IN ST. LOUIS SATURDAY, OCT. 29th GATEWAY COMPUTER SHOW FEATURING: DESKTOP PUBLISHING, DESKTOP VIDEO. ANIMATION & GRAPHICS CLASSES: Dpaint & Special Video Effects Toaster Tips & Tricks & 3rdparty sw hw Desktop Publishing Arexx for All of us DEALERS. Demos & Door Prizes USING AMIGA COMPUTERS SPONSORED BY: GATEWAY AMIGA CLUB. INC.
P. O Box 811 Bridgeton,MO 63044 Admission: S 5.QP each Classes: $ 25.°° each Time 11:00 - 6 p.m. Date: October 29th Location: Machinist Hall Bridgeton. MO next to Target near the intersection of St. Charles Rock Rd and Natural Bridge Rd. just northeast of intersection of I-70 & I-270. For Special airfare & hotel rates, call: Best Way Travel at (800) 325-4942 & say "I'm with the Gateway Computer Show." Fly TWA, our Official Airline Order classes by Oct 1 & get one free admission to the show for each class ordered. Mail check to G.A.C. Name classes desired and state your name, address & phone. Allow 3 weeks. TO ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT In the Infomarket Section. Call Heather Guinard 1-800-441-4403 or 603-924-0313 CQMMQDQRE AH IIGA COMPUTER REPAIRS REPAIR COSTS CE C64- $ 30.00* 1541- $ 40.00* 1571 - $ 50.00* C128- $ 45.00* C128D - $ 70.00* SX64- $ 70.00*S A500 - $ 50.00* A2000 - $ 79.95* A3000 - $ 95.00* A4000 - Call Call for Others Off with mention of this ad A&M COMPUTER REPAIR Authorized Service Center 24 Colonel Conklin Drive, Stony Point, NY 10980
(914) 947-3522 FAX (914)947-2728 FREE ESTIMATES-24 HOUR TURNAROUND
(800) 344-4102 Mon. thru Fri 8am-9pm,Sat 9-5 EST THE LAST WORD Kudos, complaints, comments, concerns, and contributions from our readers. Help for Users Commodore’s death puts me in a dilemma. My work is fifty percent centered around the Amiga’s sound capabilities. I wouldn’t even know where to begin in shifting my programming to some other computer, although I know that some of them must have sound-analysis features comparable to the .Amiga. I may never need another computer if my A2000 holds up. However, I am interested in programming that can be adapted to my work. So will your next issue show us what plans you have to help us? Joel Charles Plantation, Florida We’re making a start in this issue with Demiy Atkins’ article, “Help! We Need Somebody” See p. 15. Eds. Shout Loud and Clear Due to the Commodore liquidation proceedings, the Amiga market is in disarray. What’s needed is a letter-writing campaign to get the news media to investigate the Commodore situation and showcase the .Amiga at the same time. Please get involved, and also help spread word of this campaign to Ami- gans all over the world via the Internet and commercial online services. Lamar Morgan Atlanta Amiga Users’ Group Amiga Defined The following definition appears in The Illustrated Computer Dictionary For Dummies, by Dan Gooken, Wally Wang, and Chris Van Buren: Amiga : Meaning: The name of the most techonological [sic] advanced, inexpensive personal computer on the market today that hardly anyone cares about. Use in sentence: “I wanted to buy an Amiga for its low price and great color graphics, but everyone else seems to be using IBMs or Macintoshes. So to remain compatible with the rest of the world, I spent three times as much on a Macintosh and got only half the graphics capability of an .Amiga.” Is this supposed to make me laugh or cry? Steve Folberg Austin, Texas Taking Exception Geoffrey Williams’ review of Transition (Aug. ’94, p. 50) was inaccurate and biased in favor of Art Department What’s needed is a letter-writing campaign to get the news media to investigate the Commodore situation and showcase the Amiga at the same time. Professional. His reference to “obvious” formats is highly irregular, as two of the three that he mentioned, PICT and Targa, also incur an additional cost for ADPro users. He wrongly states that the PCX format was the only Transition-supported format found on the Texture City CD- ROM. IFF files also reside on that CD- ROM. Mr. Williams then states that JPEG is the only 24-bit format supported by Transition. Had he looked closely at the screenshot that accompanied the review, he would had seen that IFF24 is also supported. The chart in Appendix A of Transition’s manual details system RAM requirements for processing different File sizes, as well as the sizes of the files themselves. What we find most disturbing is his method of time-keeping in regards to his supposed five-minute JPEG-to-16- color IFF [conversion] on an ’030- based Amiga. We have been unable to duplicate this performance oh our ’030-based machines, a 33-MHz A2000 and a 50-MHz AI200. Our results for converting a 640x400 JPEG to a 16- color IFF were 2 minutes, 45 seconds for the A2000 ’030, and 1 minute, 50 seconds for the A1200 ’030. .As far as the batch processing giving no indication, it gives the same status results as a single-file conversion, as shown in the status area. It does not denote which file it is working on, though, and this will be addressed in Transition 2. The problems with erroneous dimensions for JPEG images and the sporadic creation of corrupted files have been addressed and corrected in the new version, Transition
1. 1. Flovd-Steinburg dithering and options to reset values after processing have also been added in version 1.1. The version 1.1 upgrade will be available free of charge to all registered users of the disk-based package. Joel Com Owner Programmer, DarkSoflware PICT and Targa formats are supported by the basic Image FX and Imagemaster packages. These are popular industry standard formats that should be included with any professional image processor. Both ImageFX and Image- master also perform batch processing. I apologize if my remark concerning the JPEG format was misconstrued. While Transition handles other 24-bit formats, the point was that it could not convert 24-bit pies in any format other than JPEG. Since new 24-bit, full-color clip art is now available on CD-ROMs in 24-bit formats other than IFF24, it's important that Transition offer the ability to convert them. In reference to my conversion times, my machine converted entirely off the hard disk, as Transition informed me that 10MB of RAM was insufficient to use as workspace. To con vert a JPEG to a 16-color IFF the best time my GVP controller-equipped system could yield was 4 minutes, 51 seconds. Had I been able to use RAM, my conversion times would have been closer to the ones you list. Geoffrey Williams ¦ W I V E-dl o ? Bill Me ? Payment enclosed ¦ H W ¦ Send me my FREE AmigaDOS Reference Guide and my one- - year subscription (12 issues) to Amiga World for onlv $ 24.97. I’ll save over 47% off the company m newsstand rate! If at anv time Pm not totally r m satisfied with Amiga World, Pm entitled to a address full refund no questions asked. CITY STATE ZIP Please allow 4-6 weeks tor delivery’. Please make all checks payable to AtnigaWarkl. All Foreign (and Canadian) orders must be prepaid in U.S. funds from a U.S. bank. Canada S33.00 (includes C»ST). Mexico S30.97 Foreign Airmail 581.97. For faster sendee fax order to (815)734-1223. B40TS Ui I iVi Send me my FREE Q Bil1 Me IJ Payment enclosed AmigaDOS Reference Guide and my one- _ year subscription (12 issues) to Amiga World for onlv $ 24.97. Pll save over 47% off the - COMPANY newsstand rate! If at any time Pm not totally satisfied with Amiga World, Pm entitled to a address lull refund no questions asked. Ctty state zip" Please allow 4-6 weeks tor delivery'. Please make all checks payable to AtrtigalVorhl. All Foreign (and Canadian) orders must be prepaid in U.S. funds from a U.S. bank. Canada $ 33.00 (includes GST). Mexico $ 30.97 Foreign Airmail $ 81.97, For taster sendee fax order to (815)734-1223. B40TS J Bill Me ? Payment enclosed ¦ BV ¦ Send me my FREE AmigaDOS Reference Guide and my one- year subscription (12 issues) to AmigaWwld NAME for only S24.97. I’ll save over 47% off the COMPANY * newsstand rate! If at any time I’m not totally satisfied with Amiga World, Pm entitled to a address full refund no questions asked, CITY STATE ZIP Please allow 4-6 weeks for deliv ery. Please make all checks payable to AmigalVorld. All Foreign (and Canadian) orders must be prepaid in U.S. funds from a U.S. bank. Canada S33.00 (includes GST). Mexico $ 30.97 Foreign Airmail $ 81.97. _ __q For faster sendee fax order to (815)734-1223. ' NO POSTAGE NECESSARY IF MAILED IN THE UNITED STATES BUSINESS REPLY MAIL FIRST-CLASS MAIL PERMIT NO 210 MT MORRIS IL POSTAGE WILL BE PAID BY ADDRESSEE AMIGAWORLD PO BOX 595 MT. MORRIS IL 61054-7900 NO POSTAGE NECESSARY IF MAILED IN THE UNITED STATES i BUSINESS REPLY MAIL FIRST-CLASS MAIL PERMIT NO 210 MT MORRIS IL POSTAGE WILL BE PAID BY ADDRESSEE AMIGAWORLD PO BOX 595 MT MORRIS IL 61054-7900 NO POSTAGE NECESSARY IF MAILED IN THE UNITED STATES BUSINESS REPLY MAIL FiRST-CLASS MAIL PERMIT NO 210 MT MORRIS IL POSTAGE WILL BE PAID BY ADDRESSEE AMIGAWORLD PO BOX 595 MT. MORRIS IL 61054-7900 * AHIBIOS SEIUP PROGRAM - STANDARD CMOS SETUP (01992 Anerican Megatrends Inc., fill Rights Reserved Hate (an date year) Tine (bour mn sec) 7 : USER IVPE 5600 ot Installed Hard Disk C: Type Hard Disk D; Type Floppy Drive A: Floppy Drive B: Prinary Display keyboard MonocSrohe. Color 40x25, UGA>?GA Egh, Color 88x25, Not Installed AHIBIOS SEIUP PROGRAM - ADVANCED CHIPSET SETUP (01992 Anerican Megatrends Inc., All Rights Reserved
- --- ) i . Auto-Configuration : Enabled, AT BUS Clock Select : CPUCLK 6 AT BUS Precharge Wait State: BUS Cache Uait State : §WS,, . ScheySizea?Plll(B or 256KB: No* * Auto-Confiyuration 04 0-C7FFF! 16K Cackable : Ves j Available Options are :- DC000-DFFFF.16K Cacheable : No HI F0000-FFFFF.64K Cacheable : Ves » E223L i. Non-Cacheable Blockl Enable: Disabled Press any key to continue Non-Cacheable BlockT Size I 1MB Non-Cacheahle Block-1 Base : 0KB Non-Cacheable Block2 Enable: Disabled Non-Cacheable Block-2 Size : 16MB Non-Cacheable Block-2 Base : 0KB LOCAL BUS Ready Delay lUait: Disabled ESC:Exit l-»t*-:Sel (Ctrl)Pu Pd:Hodify FllHelp F2 F3:Color F5:Old Values F6:BI0S Setup Defaults F7:Pcuer-0n Defaults The 486DX's MMU. FPU. And architecture are emulated at the hardware level, giving you 100% functionality! ESC:Exit l-*t+:Selecf r2 F3:Color PU ?D:Hedify X Want guaranteed compatibility? Use your favorite BIOS! EMPLANT is a hardware device that is designed to allow the emulation of virtually . From the computer to emulated are all that is required! The hardware holds thi EMPLANT hardware to actually become the exact hardware ol the computer it is the same time using a single EMPLANT board! Macintosh® Emulat The Macintosh emulation module is a ’generic' Macintosh with the speed of the er is equivalent to a MAC Ijci. An A4000 is equivalent to a Quadra 900. For non-AGA machines. A4000 owners ca Picassoi £GS-Spectrum. Vivid-24. Rainl 2'lf suppl Hrhiure video boards that are colors is Suppor using 3! EGS11 The 486DX emulation module hasrSH Tthe Hutfkfol Hyear module offers a high speed 486DX (FPU built c and even Chicago! Support for MDA. CGA. EGA jj A vid Requires 68020+ Amiga system (no MMU required), 2 megs of m assembly code, using techniques said to be impossible. (Several pate The 486DX emulation is a hardware and software upgrade. New custom logic 1 upgrade kit. Price: $ 99.95. Four different versions of EMPLANT are available, ranging in price from $ 279.95 emulation sold seperately). Order direct from Utilities Unlimited Intl., Inc. or from seas carry EMPLANT). US customers, please include $ 10 for shipping handlinc America, please contact Blillersoft: +44 0908 666265 for the dealer nearest you. Dealer inquires are welcome! 790 N. Lake Havasu Avenue 16 Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 U.S.A,
(602) 680-9004 24hr order line
(602) 453-6407 24hr Fax line
(602) 680-9234 Technical support dept. ..• X. -¦» '**¦, ¦ • -A • ' •
(602) 453-9767 24hr BBS (2400-14.4K)
(602) 453-3909 24hr BBS (14.4K-28.8K) Macintosh. Q40AV MAC llci. K Quadra 900 ;nc- registered trademarks ol Apple Computer. Inc.: AmlA EMPLANT the EMPLANT logo, and the acronym Elurlionic Micm Ptocnssoi Level Amiga Native TasK‘ ore ti.idcrnarks ol Jim Drew & Chihlics Unlimited liitem.ition.il Inc V VORNlA " Wl- X*, * KM «*
* p- «* T C, V~ I
- STSJ-* The long-awaited and critically-acclaimed OpalVision Video Processor is finally in production and this is your opportunity to place an order at the special introductory price of just s99500. Send in your order to Centaur now and save s30000 off the Suggested Retail Price of s129500. But don't delay. Because of increased costs and shortages we can only honor this price on orders placed before September 30th. (Keep in mind that the Video Processor requires an OpalVision Main Board installed in your Amiga.)
- - Hundreds of Effects MONTABE 24 Please photocopy the order form below and mail it or FAX it to us to take advantage of this limited time offer. Be one of the first to take advantage of this revolutionary new tool for everyone involved in video production.
P. 1VN0---n .----------- i OpalVision Video Processor Order Form
• High-quality, real-time 24-Bit framegrabber
• Professional-quality genlock
• Chroma and luma keying
• 256-level linear transparency key
• Video Sandwich key
• Real-time color processing and chrominance effects
• InlimitnH numhar nf trartcitiftnc onW on I I I i i i Enclosed is my: ? Money Order ? Check Please bill my: ? Visa J MasterCard ? Discover J Amex Credit Card _Exp. Date: _ (Your credit card will not be charged until your order is shipped) Digital Video Effects 24-Bit picture-in-picture 24-Bit, 1ns character generation with MONTAGE 24 software Unit Price Extended Price s99500 TaX (CA only) California residents please include 8.25% Sales Tax TOTAL Manufactured aid OlilrlDuUJ by: Centaur Development
P. O. Box 3959 Torrance, CA 90510 Phone: (310) 787-4530 FAX: (310) 222-5882 BBS: (310) 787-4540 My Name: Address: City:_ State: Postal Code: Daytime:_ Country: Evening: Phone Number: SIGNATURE: Crtiltl fey: Opal Tech Sydney, Australia Name and City of my supporting Amiga Dealer: HURRy, this incredible offer ends September 30th, 199b! OjBlYistai, Video Protestin' and OpalVision Roaster Chip are trademarks of Opal TmhntHngy, ltd. MONTAGE Is a trademark el Innovtsion Technology 1 2
- S' !