Liste des magazines disponibles sur AMIGALAND.COM
world of „ commodore AMIGA For more information or your nearest GVP Dealer, call 215*337-8770. Dealer inquiries welcome. For technical support call 215*354*9495. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore Am a, Inc A50DHD5- AS30 Turijo and FamstRQM are trademarks of Great Valley Products. Inc 01992 Great Valley Products, inc. CHIEF CONCERNS Mi: Robinson should learn to qualify his bald statements with “It is my opinion...” A ROAR BKGAN almost immediately after the article ran in the July 12th edition of the San Jose Mercury Mews, a prestigious Silicon Valley newspaper. It seems that the usually dull computer columnist Phillip Robinson took it upon himself to declare the Amiga a dead machine. In fact, the first sentence of the column reads “The Amiga is dead." 'This gave West Coast Amiga users conniptions, and sent them raving to their keyboards, where they really let it fly on-line. The syndicated column has since run in newspapers across the country; prompting a flood of calls lo Amiga- World asking if Commodore had pulled the plug on the Amiga. The answer is a resounding Not! Columnists have an obligation to express opinions honestly, and Mr. Robinson had every right given to us in this great nation to write that column. The best columns are a bit pointed, and those that provoke are particularly valuable because thev make us think. If Robinson wanted us to think, he succeeded. He apparently received more responses from this column than from any he has written in the past eight years. I guess all those people with dead machines just wanted to thank him for letting them know. For those who are personally upset with Mr. Robinson, that’s all well and good. Bui to those that have reportedly threatened the man, you’d best get a healthier attitude, or perhaps a life. While I'll defend to the death Mr. Robinson’s right to publish his opinion, 1 do think that his column was misleading and damaging. By stating that the Amiga is dead, he led many to believe that the computer was no longer being produced, sold, marketed, or supported. We received many phone calls from people worried that the Amiga had been yanked. The problem is that Robinson did seem to state as fact what was merely opinion. It was this lack of care that got me steamed. Shortly after the article appeared, I got a call from a guy named Roy. Roy was pretty upset. The company he works for uses Amigas, and the Big Cheese was giving Roy a big beef over buying a new A3000. Roy's boss had O i read the article and apparently believed it. It takes a lot of convincing to turn these beliefs around. Commodore Hot Commodore also felt the heat from Robinson’s blasts, and that, I’d say, is a good thing. The firm cranked out a three-page reply outlining its arguments. And posted it on the nets. The guys from the big C pointed out that we are up to about three million machines installed worldwide, that new machines are 011 the way (beyond the 600) , that there are about 1000 Amiga dealers in the US, and that Digital Equipment Corp. is an Amiga reseller.
Click image to download PDF
• Amax II Plus • TBC Cards
• Floptical Optical Drives
• Toaster Utilities ... And More! Video Special! Morphing Mag id
* How-To Tips »3 Software Solutions October 1992
U. SA. $ 3.95 Canada $ 4.95 UK £2. SO An Wcw Communications Publication 6t u u Supra Prices, 'Im NEW: GPFax Software! Auto manual FAX transmission ¦ Easy-to-use phonebook entries Convert faxes to from IFF files ¦ Custom cover sheets Fax printer driver Group broadcast ¦ and more! Sum jBjir Introducing three great 8 jbBF new fax data modems from Supra the2400bpsSupraFAX- J Modem ™ Plus, the9600 bps SupraFAX- f Modem V.32, & tire 14,400 bps SupraFAXModem V32bisf All three modems feature V.42bis & L MNP (2-5) data compression & error correction, plus they work with nearly all | , , Yy' popular telecommunications programs, including BaudBandit ™, JRComm, A - Talk III™, & many others. With telecom R software & your SupraFAXModem, you can access computers close to home & the world, where you'llfind everything from airline schedules & stock quotes to technical help & free software. SupraFAXModem V.32bis $ 399.95 Retail
14. 400 S R FAX
14. 400 DATA 4>°WEp SupraFAXModem V.32 $ 299.95 Retail 9600 S R FAX 9600 DATA Computer-basedfaxes are just as easy. All SupraFAXModems are compatible with Group 3 fax machines & Class 1 & 2 fax commands. Just add our versatile new GPFax software (or the program of your choice)!
- y r. SupraFAXModem Plus $ 199.95 Retail 9600 S R FAX 2400 DATA Stand-alone prices shown: add $ 80 to include GPFax soffware. J Supra Corporation 1-800-727-3443 SI'FRA CORr*ORATION • 7101 Supra Drive SW, Albany, Oregon 97321 • 503-967-2410 • 503-967-2401 Fax SUPRA Grr.'oH • Rodderweg 8, 5040 Bruhl, Germany • (49) 02232 22002 * 02232 22003 Fax Unleash me Pom! The Publishing Team With The Genie E Team work. Automation. Integration. Great concepts that haven't applied to desktop publishing, until now. Professional Page 3,0 and Professional Draw 3.0, two programs that through Genies’ and our open linking architecture are redefining the way you work. Genies automate everything from actually laying out newsletters and ads for you, ro time saving functions like step and repeat and copy object attributes. A full set of Genies come with each program,to help you work better and faster. Plus you can make your own Genies to automate the things you do most. Our intelligent hot-linking system lets you instantly take a drawing to Professional Draw 3.0 for editing, or rake text to our Article Editor for speedy changes and spell checking. Link to Professional Calc* for instant tables or to Art Department Professional' for image manipulation. These links come free, and more are on the way. But you don't have to wait, because with our open linking architecture you can create your own links to any of the hundreds of programs that support Arcxx. With Genies and linking, the possibilities are endless. Professional Draw 3.0® - A New Standard In Illustration We've added a number of hot new features that make ir easier than ever to create high-res full color illustration, exciting type effects, and more. You get automatic linear and radial gradient fills. Type directly on the page and use AGFA Compugraphic or Type 1 fonts. Variable X-Y bolding 6c scaling. The PANTONE®*' Color Matching System is built-in. An improved Auto-Trace converts bitmaps. Auto-Tiling of large pages. Un-Do. A Free Clip Art collection, and more! Magic Functions ' + Professional Draw 3.0 also features over 25 time saving Function Genies* like Step and Repeat, Style Tags for Objects, Copy Object Attributes, Make Avery Labels, Hot-link to Art Department Pro*, Rounded Rectangles, Polygons, and more. Professional Page 3.0® - . A New Standard In Publishing With Professional Page 3.0 you get all the fearurcs you would expect from the leading publishing system tor the Amiga. Adobe Type 1 font support, Irregular Text Wrap, Built-in PANTONE"" Color, a complete range of typefaces, Auto- Filing, superior Color Separations and more. Plus you get an Article Editor and spell checker that others make you pay for. Automatic Layout Page Genies* revolutionize desktop publishing by actually laying out pages for you. Answer a few questions and in just minutes you have a professional layout. Plus our new Function Genies perform over 60 functions like Mail Merge, Drop Caps, Drop Shadows, Step and Repeat, and more that will save you time and simplify your work. Plus you can write your own. Join The Professional Publishing Team - Trade Up To The Best! Combine the power of Professional Draw 3.0 and Professional Page 3-0 and you'll own the ultimate publishing system for your Amiga. And for a limited time, you can join the team for less. Just $ 99 lets you trade up to Professional Page 3.0 or Professional Draw 3.0 from any other DTP or illustration program1. You can even get them both for $ 198! Call today for this special offer or for the name of an Authorized Software Cenrer near you: Get Them Both For $ 198! Coll 1-800-G0LD-DSH * 1-41G-G02- GOLD DISK Professional Page, Professkmol Draw, Professional Cal(f ond Gold Disk are trademarks of Gold Disk Int. 'Genies and marked links require Arexx. Arexx comes free with Workbench 2 or can be purchased al a reduced price with coupon inside Professional Page 3.0 box. "PANTQHE is Pantone, Inc’s check-standard trodemark far color. ‘Trade Up S99 upgrade offer is limited ond subject to cancellation at any lime. Please odd S7 jcruSAi world of . Commodore AMIGA CA ¦ ICPT T1I3.1MZ The IV24" Video Imaging System by GVP is your computer x I_iV uuw ‘7found a link to creating great special effects on Nickelodeon's Nick Arcade..." Karim Mitcff Co.. Producer. .Nickelodeon Arcade, BetfieVMllcfr Productions. Orlando, FL “I created 24-bit files from graphics 10 keep their colors iniacL These images were captured by the Qiuuiiel l*ainlbox J from the rV24’s analog RGB output. The Paintbox generated background then captured by die IV24 via RGB. The most telling testament to die board’s quality is that the IY24 received die best response of all the Amiga-related devices 1 have shown broadcast engineers.” “I found a link to corporate presentations ” Bit) Evans, Corporate Communications Technician, Fabniei Corp.. Carden Grove. CA “1 use die 1V24 mainly as a 24 bit display device in an AjMXJO.1 scan hi 24 bit images with an Epson* l‘ bit scanner, and dien network diem to a Video Toaster*. The finished product is displayed in our induing room on two 17' Mitsubishi' monitors I will also use the IV24 with a Polaroid* freeze tame unit." “I found a link to great animations... ” Tom Hutchison, Producer, Wild Orchid Graphics, (lilt Itock. OK "IV24 is witai I've been waiting for. I use it with [ Imagine software to produce animations for a j local cable company. J really like being able to | use one monitor and haw a de-interlaced out- [ put dial integrates into die system better than am- other frame buffers 1 looked at. Graphic Country of Nickelodeon Asms* :i * ind*jn*rkalCcTr.rrr.~icn.-~i;&.Ik IV2*i. MyL For more information or your nearest GVP Dealer, phone 215-337-8770 today. For technical information call 2I5-3S4-9495 GREA" VALLEY PRODUCTS. INC PHONE 2 5-337-8770 6C0 CLARK AVENUE KING OP PRUSSIA PA I 9406 U.S.A.. :AX 2 15 Circle 25 on Reader Service card CONTENTS VOLUME 8, NUMBER 10, OCTOBER 1992 FEATURES Morphing Madness By Mark Swain ..26 Image-morphing tips and tricks, plus a look at three brand-new image-processing programs to help you do the job. Blueprint for Successful Video By Patric Hedlund 32 Here’s how to assemble a top-notch Amiga-based video-production studio that rivals expensive professional setups. ARTICLES Digital Test Tube By John lovine. 39 Cellular automation programs oiler fascinating ways to create all kinds of artificial life forms with your Amiga. Sneak Preview! Small Talk: The New Amiga 600 Revealed By Doug Barney... 4 4 Commodore's new low-end Amiga 600 is finally ready to roll in the US. Check out the details of this compact little machine. COLUMNS Chief Concerns By Doug Barney... 6 Phillip Robinson's now infamous column has drawn our editor’s full attention. Video Suite By Joel Tessler .48 With new waveform monitor vectorscope combinations, you can now do inexpensive pro-quality signal monitoring. Accent on Graphics By Joel Hagen ..... 32 With some simple image-processing techniques, you can create backgrounds for almost any kind of presentation video, mutimedia or print. DEPARTMENTS 8 Overscan .... Amiga news and new products, plus the latest PD shareware. Help Key Lou took a break tliis month to visit shows, hut he’ll be back in November. The Last Word 104 The readers have their day and say. REVIEWS A-MAX II Plus (ReadySoft) 16 You’ll have two computers in one with this System 7.0-coinpatible Mac emulator. Impact Vision-24 (Great Valley Products) 18 This 24-bit card makes multimedia a snap. PERSONAL TBC II (Digital Processing Systems)f TBC PCB (Prime Image) and TBCARD (I.DEN Videotronics) 20 A trio of time-base correctors to stabilize your video signals. 21MB Floptical Dri rE and 128MB Magneto Optical Drive (Digital Micronics) ...24 Two removable-mcdia drives offering mass storage that you can cany around. MlGRAPH OCR 1.11b (Migraph) . . 3 () Optical character recognition finally arrives on the Amiga. SCRIPTGEN (Michael Greenstein), Trexx Professional (KludgeCode Software), TOASTMASTER, (Byrd's Eye Software) and TOASTER TOOLKIT (The Byte Factory) 3 8 Automate your Video Toaster scripts with those four utilities. TRANSPORTER (Amazing Computers). 38 Do easy single framing, format conversions, and time-lapse framegrabbing. STARSFX, MULTIMEDIAFX, and SpectrumFX VocorderFX (Pacific Digital) ..62 Three audio- and visual-cfTccts programs. Video Music Box (Digital Expressions) .62 Create sound tracks with this program even if you can’t play a note. (JAMES Crib Notes By Peter Olafson 74 Our tipster extraordinaire takes you Out of This World. Global Effect (Millennium Electronic Arts) ..... 74 Save, create, or rule your own world. Guy Spy and the Crystals of Armageddon (ReadySoft) ..78 Cartoon-qtiality animations, archvillains, and superagents. 82 GODS (Konami) The latest shoot-’ein-up from the Bitmap Brothers. Napoleon I: The Campaigns 1805 1814 (RAW Entertainment) ... 82 Lead the Grand Annee into battle. 82 Short Takes Capsule reviews of recent Amiga games. T his month: The Dark Queen of Krynn, Pools of Darkness, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, and Shadow Sorcerer (Strategic Simulations); Monkey Island II: LeChuck’s Revenge (LucasArts Games); A-10 Tank Killer 1.5 (Dynamix); and Return of the Living Text Adventure (Shadowplay). 88 The Next Round Announcements of Amiga games that will soon hit the shelves. AW Product Information. . 9 H To contact the vendors of products mentioned in this issue of Amiga World, consult our all-in-one “Manufacturers’ Distributors’ Addresses” list. COVER IMAGES BY MARK THOMPSON. RADIANT IMAGE PRODUCTIONS. MORPHING DONE T I'll ASDG’S MORPH PLUS. Amiga World 3 UN THOUSANDS OF PC COMPATIB SOFTWARE PACKAGES WITH GVP'S A500-PC 286 EMULATOR! With innovative and unique engineering GVP's exclusive A500-HD8+ andA530-TURB0 "Mini Slot” opens a whole new computing world. INTRODUCING THE A500-PC 286 FOR A530-TURB0 AND A500-HD8+ USERS ONLY. The GVP A500-PG 286 emulator features: ? Run MS-DOS' DR-DOS* * and even Microsoft Windows'*’ applications. ? 16MHZ 80286 CPU power with rates up to 15 on the Norton Speed Index. ? Provides Hercules, CGA, EGA VGA (monochrome) video emulations. ? Run PC and Amiga applications simultaneously. ? 512KB of dedicated PC Memory (DRAM) plus transparent access up to SMB of Amiga memory | configurable as normal, extended or expanded memory). ? 80C287 math processor (FPU) socket. Fur more information on GVP's A500-PC 286emulator for your A530-WRB0 orA500-HD8+ contact your local GVP dealer today, or call GVP at215*337*8770. 4 version 3.2 or later (not included) 4 4 version 5.0 or later (not included) 4 4 4 not included GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS 600 CLARK AVENUE KING OF PRUSSIA, PA ] 9406 USA PHONE 215*337*8770 FAX 215*337*9922 For technical support, call 215*354*9495 Amiga is a registered trademark of Ccmmodore-AMIGA, Inc All other trademarks are property of their respective owrers 01992 Great Valley Products, Inc AmigaWorld Dale Strang, Publisher Douglas Barney, Editnr-in-Chief Daniel Sullivan, Executive Editor SWAIN Pratt* Managing Editor Barbara Gefvf.RT, Senior Editor LOUIS R. Wallace* Senior Editor, Technology Linda Barkkit Laflammk, Ranew Editor Editorial Offices: 1-800-141-4403; 1-603-924-0100 Gene Brawn, Joel Hagen, David T. McClej.lan* PETF.R Oi.AF.SON, Contributing Editors Howard G. 11 AIM*, Art Director Laura Johnson, Assistant Art Director Ann Dii.I.ON* Designer ALANA Korda, Manufacturing Manager Michael McGoi.DRICK, Advertising Director BARBARA Hoy, Sales Representative Heather Guinard, Sales Representative Meredith Bickford, Advertising Coordinator Advertising: l.sno.441-4403; i-603-924-nwn Giorgio Sai.UH* Associate Publisher. West Coast Soles 533 Airport Blvd.. Fourth Floor, Burlingame, CA 94t)!0 1-415-375-7018; FAX: 1-115-375-7019 Wendie Haines Marro, Marketing Director LlSA Jaili.it* Desktop Publishing Manager Deborah M. Walsh, Circulation Manager; 1-603-92 1-0280 Subscription Sendees: 1-800-827-0877 or 1-815-734-1109 Tf.chMf.dia Publishing DaI.E Strang, President Susan M. HaNSIIAW, Director of Operations LlSA LaFi.EUR, Business & Operations Manager MARY McCoI.E, President's Assistant; Customer Sendee Liaison KENNETH BlAKEMAN* 1.s.sr>fJn(r Publisher, Ancillary Products Tim Walsh, Ancillary Products Manager WILLIAM M. Boyer, Director of Credit Sales & Collections Kfmc.o Publishers Services* Newsstand Circulation ip AmigaWntld (ISSN 0883-231)0) is an independent journal not comrei led ith Coimimdoie Business Machines. Inc. AmignWhdd is published monthly by lech Media Publishing, Inc.. an
11) 0 Company, 80 Elm St., lYieihonmgh, Nil 0.3 138 I US. Subscription rale is S20 07. One year; S57.97, two years; S83.97, tlnee years. Canada and Meviro 538 07. Foreign .Smf.ne $ 40.07. Foreign Airmail $ 81.07. U.S funds drawn on U S. hank. Prepayment is it-ipiiied on all foreign subscriptions. All foreign tales are one-yeai mdv. .Sernnd-rluss postage pan! At lYterbomugli, Nil. And at additional mailing offices I'hotie: 603-021-0100, F.ntiie nmtenls ropy r ight 1002 hy TeehMedia Publishing, lor No p.nt ol this publication in.i) )*e pi mini oi nlliolvitc reproduced without uiillen primissmn hum the pnhlisln-i Postmaster; Send ad ill ess i hanges ta iniieo II in A . Suhsi tipi ion Semi es. 1*0 H » 303. Mt. Moi ris. 11. 6103 1 7001 Nationally distributed hi Kable News Co AmrgaUbiht makes every elTnri to ensure the an man of articles, listings and rirrurls published in the magazine. Amigailmtd assumes no lesponsi- bilily for damages due to enors or omissions REMEMBER; YOU ONLY WANT TO BUY ONE HARD DRIVE FOR YOUR A500. „sl [v] Jr. GVP MAKES SURE YOU DO IT RIGHT: CHOICE, SPEED, EXPAND- O ABILITY AND RELIABILITY Si .*1 ARE BUILT IN... AND ONLY G VP GIVES YOU A FULL TWO-YEAR WARRANTY computing world Simply plug the GVP PC 286 into our exclusive "mini-slot' and you are off and running PC programs!
• Optional socket for 68882 FPU in the New A530-TURBO to speed up rendering applications. ? Reliability and a company who stands behind their products is a given with any GVP product, and bis made us the largest Amiga peripheral company in the world.
• Free dedicated universal power supply included with both the A500-HD8+ and A530-Turbo. Don't even think about straining your A500 power supply.
• Internal fan to ensure that your system stays cool.
• 2-vr limited Factory Warranty on both the A500-HD8+ and A530 Turbo.
• Game switch for the A500-HDS+ and Turbo switch for the A530*TURBO ensures full game compatibility.
• The best technical support team in the business. Free Dedicated Universal Input Power Supply GVPS LATEST ENGINEERING BREAKTHROUGH OWER YOUR AMIGA 500 BEYOND EVEN THE A3000! GVP'S NEW A530-TURB0™ WITH 68EC030 CPU RUNNING AT A BLAZING 40MHZ! Imagine running your software applications at 10 times the speed: your animations will play more smoothly, multitasking is more useful, your windows open and move more quickly and more... Don t waste your hard earned money on a questionable and risky hard drive when you can own a GVP A5Q0-HD8+ classic or New A530-TURBO. No matter what GVP solution you choose there is no doubt that you will be getting the fastest, most expandable and safest hard drive system you can buy for your A500! Both the NEW A530 TURBO and A500- HD8- are externally installed in a snap. It's simple, fast and worry free! And it doesn't void your warranty. GET MORE FOR YOUR MONEY WITH GVP... ? Choose from a full range of factory tested hard disk drives up to 240MB. ? Speed increase is the key. Through GVP's custom chip and FaaastROM technology, once unreachable performance is achieved.
• GVP Custom Integration ensures greatest possible performance and reliability
• Direct and instant access to up to SMB of 32-Bit RAM on A530 Turbo and standard SMB on A500-HDS+ Classic. ? Expandability is a must. GVP docs not close the door for future expansion needs. Insure your investment with a GVP Hard Drive Solution:
• Supports up to 7 external SCSI devices for tape backup, CD ROM Drive etc.
• Add up to 8MB of FAST RAM for the A500-HD8+ or SMB of blazing 32-Bit- Wide RAM for the A530-TURBO.
• Rim thousands of PC compatible software packages with the GVP A5Q0 PC 286. This optional board incorporates state-of- the-art integration that opens a whole new PHONE 215*337'B770 FAX 215*337*9922
* Requires kickslart 1.3 or higher SEE US AT world of „ commodore AMIGA For more information or your nearest GVP Dealer, call 215*337-8770. Dealer inquiries welcome. For technical support call 215*354*9495. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore Am a, Inc A50DHD5- AS30 Turijo and FamstRQM are trademarks of Great Valley Products. Inc 01992 Great Valley Products, inc. CHIEF CONCERNS Mi: Robinson should learn to qualify his bald statements with “It is my opinion...” A ROAR BKGAN almost immediately after the article ran in the July 12th edition of the San Jose Mercury Mews, a prestigious Silicon Valley newspaper. It seems that the usually dull computer columnist Phillip Robinson took it upon himself to declare the Amiga a dead machine. In fact, the first sentence of the column reads “The Amiga is dead." 'This gave West Coast Amiga users conniptions, and sent them raving to their keyboards, where they really let it fly on-line. The syndicated column has since run in newspapers across the country; prompting a flood of calls lo Amiga- World asking if Commodore had pulled the plug on the Amiga. The answer is a resounding Not! Columnists have an obligation to express opinions honestly, and Mr. Robinson had every right given to us in this great nation to write that column. The best columns are a bit pointed, and those that provoke are particularly valuable because thev make us think. If Robinson wanted us to think, he succeeded. He apparently received more responses from this column than from any he has written in the past eight years. I guess all those people with dead machines just wanted to thank him for letting them know. For those who are personally upset with Mr. Robinson, that’s all well and good. Bui to those that have reportedly threatened the man, you’d best get a healthier attitude, or perhaps a life. While I'll defend to the death Mr. Robinson’s right to publish his opinion, 1 do think that his column was misleading and damaging. By stating that the Amiga is dead, he led many to believe that the computer was no longer being produced, sold, marketed, or supported. We received many phone calls from people worried that the Amiga had been yanked. The problem is that Robinson did seem to state as fact what was merely opinion. It was this lack of care that got me steamed. Shortly after the article appeared, I got a call from a guy named Roy. Roy was pretty upset. The company he works for uses Amigas, and the Big Cheese was giving Roy a big beef over buying a new A3000. Roy's boss had O i read the article and apparently believed it. It takes a lot of convincing to turn these beliefs around. Commodore Hot Commodore also felt the heat from Robinson’s blasts, and that, I’d say, is a good thing. The firm cranked out a three-page reply outlining its arguments. And posted it on the nets. The guys from the big C pointed out that we are up to about three million machines installed worldwide, that new machines are 011 the way (beyond the
600) , that there are about 1000 Amiga dealers in the US, and that Digital Equipment Corp. is an Amiga reseller. They then described the firm's marketing efforts. Commodore has also begun reaching out to computer journalists, including Robinson, to explain the key markets for the Amiga. They pointed out that Amiga fans are more than welcome to contact Mr* Robinson, or write to newspapers that have run the column. Many already have. One of the more eloquent responses was a letter published in the Boston Globe from Maty Ryan, a director of the Boston Computer Society. After the Globe ran the column, Ryan was besieged with calls asking if Commodore was pulling the Amiga. She tactfully disagreed with the column and gave many examples of the Amiga’s use in prominent places, including Fenway Park (home of the almost always almost great Boston Red Sox), the Holiday Inn, and just about every cable station known to mankind. Bottom Line If you’ve read the column, you know that Robinson knows a lot about the Amiga. He mentions our GUI, multitasking, custom chips, color graphics, stereo sound, and video compatibility. What he failed to realize is that those capabilities have yet to be matched. What he and countless others also do not understand is that the Amiga is a vertical-markei machine. It no longer competes with Pcs and Macs, but instead takes on workstations from Silicon Graphics, NeXT, and Sun. Calling the Amiga dead is like calling the Ferrari dead just because it’s outsold in sheer numbers by Yu go. They are different machines, and need 7 to be judged in different ways. Would Robinson have us all drive Yugos? O Brouhaha Update Right before our presstime, Robinson issued a follow-up piece in which he apologized for his “Amiga is dead ” statement. His column brought him the largest response of any column he’s ever written. He defended his original conclusions, however, that the Amiga is a goner as far as competing against the Mac or PC!, except in desktop video and multimedia. And Amiga owners did respond with a vengeance. The reaction, according to Robinson, was mixed. “Many are unhappy with Commodore...many are unhappy with me." Welcome to the neighborhood, Phil. CCELERAIWN: THE TIME TESTED, USER-PROVEN, BEST SOLUTION FOR THE AMIGA• 2000 SERIES NOW SHIPPING 33Mhz Only the GVP Family of Combo Accelerators are Packed, Stacked and Backed with more of what you want Most! Don't get stuck. Don't overpay. Don't buv hall a solution. Don’t take chances. When you're shopping for an accelerator, there is only one thing you should do... Choose from GVP's family of G-FORCE 040 and 030-based Combo Accelerator boards. WHY? Because only GVP; ? Has a proven 5 year history of the best product performance and support. SEE US AT world of „ commodore AMIGA PASADENA, CA • SEPT. 11-13, 1992 Gives you the choice of state-of-the-art 68030 or 68040 CPU Power at blazing speeds of 25,33,40 or 50MF1Z. No matter what your budget or speed requirements, GVP has the right solution for you. Provides unsurpassed multi-functional- itv through superior design integration giving ALL GVP accelerator users:
• On-board SCSI-II compatible DMA Hard Drive Controller
• Up to 16MB of high speed 32 Bit- Wide Memory expansion (up to 64MB with 16MB SIMMS available late 1992| Ability to transform your accelerator into the ultimate hardcard with GVP's new improved snap on Hard Disk mount kit On-board future expansion possibilities with the GVP exclusive 32-Bit expansion bus (including GVP's EGS 110 241. This feature alone literally obsolete ALL other accelerator products. ? Backs ALL GVP accelerators with a full 2-year warranty and upgrade program. Choose GVP's newest, fastest and feature filled accelerator... the A2000 G-F0RCE040 It's the fastest accelerator bar none: ? 68040 CPU running at up to a blazing 33MHZ clockspeed, outperforms even high end workstations costing thousands more. It's the most highly integrated bar none: ? High perfonnance onboard SCSI SCSI D compatible hard drive controller. ? On-board serial port with speeds up to 625 Kbps and two 16 byte hardware buffers (1 read 1 write) to prevent data loss. Ideal for adding additional modems, printers etc. ? On-board user configurable parallel port for Amiga PC compatibility. ? Future expansion via GVP's exclusive GVP compatible 32-Bit expansion bus. CALL YOUR GVP DEALER AND ORDER A GVP G-FORCE 030 or G-FORCE 040 TODA Y! For more information or your nearest GVP Dealer, call 215*337*8770. Dealer inquiries welcome. For technical support call 215*354*9495. Am ga is a registered tidemark o! Commodore Aniga, Inc All other trademarks are the property of their resoect ve owners. © 1992 Great Valiey Products. Inc. OVERSCAN News, New Products and Networks Video Sources Scores of Amiga owners find users' groups a tremendous resource. Bui where do professional videographers and artists turn for help with their specific requirements? To the Amiga Video- Graphics Guild (AVG), Although AVG had its start in a spe- cial-interest meeting of California’s San Fernando Valley Users’ Group, the guild lias evolved into a different animal. “YVe are professionals helping professionals,” states Geoffrey Williams, guild director. “We are definitely oriented to video and graphics. That’s all we do. Almost even - one in the group is a working professional or wants to be. We help make the transition from amateur to professional. We help make contacts.” With the guild’s assistance, many members have found work with software developers and video producers, AVG’s member-referral service keeps resumes on file and matches members with employers. According to Assistant Director Steven Blaize, AVG is a boon for woulcl-be developers especially those with little initial capital who depend on weird til mouth. Help Mates The organization's quarterly publication, Mentor, features product reviews, tutorials, advice, and news, and it includes a disk packed with images and tools. In addition, members can ask questions and get timely answers through several forums. This summer, AVG launched an open-fo- nnn BBS that provides help in specific categories. One section, lor example, focuses on Imagine. The BBS has been so successful that the guild now needs someone to donate a gigabyte drive to contain the member-provided data. Other benefits include monthly liot- news sheets, disk and video libraries, a help hot-line, a national outreach network, and more. Local members and the public can take advantage of monthly meetings that feature presentations by such Amiga notables as Brad Schenck. Rick Probst and Joe Conti. According to Williams, guild membership is split equally between locals and professionals elsewhere in the country. You Deserve a Promotion! AV(. Actively promotes the Amiga by supporting the artists and programmers. Further, members take the machine into classrooms, sponsoring seminars for faculty members. AVG managed to gain the Amiga’s admittance to the University of California Santa Barbara, California Institute of the Arts, and the Brooks Institute. “The Amiga is absolutely the best platform for video. We look at new technology to find the best wav to get the work
o. . O done,” said Williams, The Amiga's desktop-video ability is, “a strong niche, grow ing all the time,” he explained. And guild members plan to continue capitalizing on it. If you are interested in joining, contact the AVG at 1833 Verdugo Vista Dr., Glendale, CA 91208, 818 240-9845. Or, tap into the BBS at 818 240-4873. Jan Jackson To the Letter Kara Computer Graphics new font sets ($ 99 each) comprise antialiased 16-million color ChromaFonts for use with NewTek's Video Toaster CG. The packages were designed to address current limitations of the Toaster in dealing with ChromaFonts. The included installation pro gram lets you install the fonts on your hard drive and use them in compressed mode to save up to 50% of the usual storage space. Toaster Fonts 3, a six-disk set, offers four distinctive cap styles in two sizes each (see photo), with outline, drop, and cast shadows. Each includes the full character set, plus special characters. Toaster Fonts 4 (five disks) provides four shiny script and cursive faces: a chiseled Roman script in gold and metal, a casual Brushed script, and a Calligraphic face. Each style comes in two sizes and includes the full set of upper- and lowercase letters, numerals, and special characters. (RS 124.) To locate the vendors of products mentioned, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 98. 'or,HIClTAUC Toaster Fonts 3 assures capital gain. Pop Arts promises Video Toaster users a treat witli three 3-D font volumes as well as a collection of textures (S39.95 each) for use with both the original and 2.0 versions of LightWave 3D. Each font set contains upper- and lowercase characters, along with numbers and symbols. Do you want the whole spread? If you buy three volumes. Pop Arts will throw the fourth in lor free. (RS 125.) Integrated Graphic Media, maker of several existing NewTek fonts, now offers four packages ($ 89.95 each) on its own. Foreign 1 includes all the characters necessary to represent the Albanian, French, German, Hawaiian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish alphabets in their entirety. Your choices don't end with languages, however; you also get a choice of type styles (Foreign Thin and Foreign News) and five sizes (from 24 to 54). The Serif 1 package includes Benji, Quadra, and Italian faces in normal and bold styles and sizes 14 to 54. Integrated's Decorative 1 package gives you a quintet of styles in as many sizes, and the Flags 1 collection includes full-color flags from 170 nations, in sizes 36 and 72. (RS 126.) ProWrite is the best selling word processor for die .Amiga®, and for good reason. ProWrite 33 The Best Just Keeps Getting Better High performance. Ease-of-use. Constant updates and enhancements. And now a new low price! Hew Features ProWrite 3.3 gives you more power than ever before. More powerful graphic handling, including automatic text-wrap. Print preview. Password protection for your documents. I lie ability to name and find pictures in long documents. Full clipboard support, for seamless exchange of text and pictures with other programs. And HotLlnHS »™ support, giving you total integration of ProWrite with other EiotLinks-capable programs! Proven Performance Combine this with Pro Write’s already formidable feature set, and you have the most powerful word processor for the Amiga. Features like multiple fonts and pictures. A spelling checker with over 100,000 dictionary words, A thesaurus with over 300,000 cross-references. Outline font support. Jaggie- free printing, for high-quality printing on dot-matrix printers. PostScript printing. Macros and AREXX support for power users. Mail merge, for form letters. And multiple columns, including side-bv-side columns for writing audio video scripts a ProWrite exclusive! And the list goes on! And of course, ProWrite 3.3 retains the speed and ease-of-use that has made it famous with thousands of Amiga users world-wide. New Low Price! Even with all this power, ProWrite is more affordable than ever before because ProW rite is available now for only $ 99.95! So you no longer have a reason not to treat yourself to the best! See for vourself what makes ProWrite * the most popular word processor for the Amiga. Visit your local Amiga dealer (3$ . And put the power of ProWrite to work for ... you today! ProWrite is a registered trademark of New Horizons Software, Inc. FiotLinks is a trademark of Soft-Logik Publishing Corp. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore-Amiga, Inc. Features What you see is what you get" display. Multiple fonts, sizes, styles, and colors.
* Outline font support.
• Insert IFF and HAM pictures in your documents.
* Automatically wrap text around pictures.
* Multiple columns, with snaking or side-by- side text flow. Spelling checker with 100,000 word dictionary. Thesaurus with 300,000 cross-references, nil system clipboard support, IotLinksTM support. Undo and Redo command. Mail merge. AREXX port. Macros, when used with AREXX, Name ami search for pictures in a document. Speaking capability, to read hack document contents. Separate odd and even pafje headers and footers. Paragraph sorting. Automatic page numbering, with five different page number styles. Insert current date and time, with five different date formats and two time formats. Word count and readability level calculation. Up to 10 documents open at the same time. Document password protection. User-set document comments. Horizontal and or vertical document rulers, tor precise positioning. Custom page sizes. Print preview. PostScript printing, in black & white or color. 1 ligh-quality graphics printing for jaggie-frce output. Print NLQ text and graphics at the same time. Complete printer control, including sideways printing and 4,096 color printing. Automatic timed saves and backups. Import and export Professional Page text files. Comprehensive keyboard commands. Easy to use “3-D" user interface look. Fully customizable. Full support for Kickstart 2.0. Requires Kickstart 1.2 or later, one megabyte of memory, and two disk drives. NEW HORIZONS New Horizons Software, Inc • 206 Wild Basin Road, Suite 109 • Austin, Texas 78746 • (512) 328-6650 Circle 65 on Reader Service card. O v i; r s c Signal Achievements Alien Avionics' new TDL488-T Video Delay Line ($ 325) promises to let you easily time all video signals to that of the Toaster. In addition to an internal 360- nanosecond insertion fixed delay, the unit provides a 127-nanosecond switch variable delay made up of 1, 2,4, 8, 16, 32, and 64 delay steps, lor a total of 487 nanoseconds. A ± 1-nanosecond line trimmer lets you tweak the delay exactly J 4 j and provides For control over the total color image. (RS 120.) RGB Dynamics new CDR-950 Color PULSE & VIDEO DELAY LINE
* TDL488T | 3CO- 48S NANOSECONDS ALLEN AVIONICS, INC. MlllEOLA.NY 1T»1 " 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 VAR G* G OOOOOO The TDL488-T: Nanosecond to none? Encoder-on-a-card fits into your Amiga 2000 or 3000 and converts analog RGB signals into a true broadcast-quality composite or V C output in either NTSC or the European PAL video formats. The Translator, another video product from the same company, is a hardware solution to scan conversion, it promises to automatically transform EGA, VGA, SVGA or Macintosh signals into true broadcast-quality NTSC or PAL signals in composite component and V C formats. (RS 121.) Maintain control over voui DPS Per- sonal Series TBC or V-Scope from afar Nothing gets your Amiga into the 1990s like a 68040 processor. If you’ve got Motorola's answer to computer steroids plugged into your Amiga, you should know of the several 040 utilities available on the nets. To make life easier for speedsters, I rounded up all the ‘040 optimizers I could find. These are not necessarily compatible with eve it accelerator card, but should get you started. ON-LINE SCAN By Tim Walsh If you’re using a ftogressive Peripherals 68040 board, be sure to get fa$ trom040Jzh, a Fast RO M M em ory- Man age - ment Unit program for both the A2000 and A3000 from BIN’s Amiga area. The more technically-minded may want arp040fix.lzh, a 2K fix for Arp problems induced by any ’040, regardless of the brand. Genie users have some exclusive 68040-specific files to choose from. Amiga Library 11 contains two must- have files for Progressive Peripheral's 68040: file 16450 (N EWPROG040. LHA) and file 16493 (NEW040.LZH). Downloading these files will get you offerings from Progressive updated as of July. (Progressive may have made other postings by the time you read this.) On (iEitie, be sure to get file number 16071 from Libra it 4 in the Amiga area. This is SET040V115.LHA Nic Wilson’s popular Set040 utility in its 1.15 version. Users of NewTek’s Toaster should check out Library 11 for file 16491 (TOAST040- .LZH), a utility for Progressive ’040-equippcd Toaster users. On CompuServe, I found only one such file: 040ROM- .LZH in Amiga lech Library
11. It is basically the same program as fastrom040.1zh on BIX. C’PUSE L. I. H. mentioned in last month’s column, is one of the few accelerator utilities you’ll f ind on Portal. For measuring 68040 performance, there are also several versions of La Monte Loop’s AIBB (Amiga Intuition Based Benchmarks) for the picking. While Portal is short of ’040 utilities at this writing, I wouldn’t be surprised if the aggressive Portal sysops will have posted most of the 68040 files listed above by the time you read this. But the big news on Portal isn't files, it’s Internet. Casting a Wider Net Portal has rewritten the telecommunication game rules with the introduction of a variety of Internet Services. The significance of this S5- per-month option is that you can now use Portal to download files from popular archive sites all over the world. Internet’s more significant features include FTP (File Transfer Protocol), which is used to transfer files over the Internet, and IRC (Internet Relay Chat), which allows you to communicate with up to 700 users worldwide sans additional charges. Despite the system’s inherent simplicity, the terminology used throughout Internet is foreign to the casual computer user. References to backbones, campus network liaisons and RFCs (Request for Comments), may seem meaningless to even seasoned telecommunication users. Realizing that this problem exists, Portal has responded with an entire area called “HELP for Internet Services” within the Internet area. You can use it to get assistance with any area that you cannot decipher. Within Internet, there’s also Telnet. One example Portal gives of Telnet’s versatility is the ability get the daily lunch menu from a university in Colorado for no extra telephone charges. Telnet also lets von connect to mill- tiuser games, databases, and information systems. If you’re a Portal user interested in Internet, just type “GO INTERNET” at any command prompt. As an interesting side note, users with an account on an Internet-connected computer will find detailed commands to access Portal free of charge. Finally, the Amiga area’s File Libraries New Uploads area lists file number 39, which is file TCP-IP.LHA. This file describes the Internet networking protocols (TCP IP) in great detail. Portal has gone a long way in dispelling the myth that the nets are staid, sluggish institutions where changes and improvements occur only occasionally, and then slowly. 4 * Expect to see the other nets follow suit. BIX 800 227-2983 617 354-4137 CompuServe 614 457-0802 800 848-8199 Genie 800 638-9636 Portal Communications 408 973-9111 ? THIS IS THE ( Ihf ORMATtOti YOU I REQUEST?P. WHAT PO you___ THI HR 7 C ? Llriln
- - •. Jxt.k rvi Iirbcc.' Wi-tuMTU il (n i • .tail, a tt-Mu trttmOf, ¦*
- ,«l Itr HfS-w I C'Tta ir r» 'l,r -l a i1 f i ¦ i. ..[HWH , *»J t nln tmrn frrrr. Rri ¦!W fwi'f. BkIiI Kinukllln nli ¦ n*w I*-*w ia i.Kr -ifJf.l fa. Mi>»n in i.n!l
ll. Plibil w prdiM *, ’.i.i| f4*wfl ai«r -Jm hrM if »in| M 4i.l-.Mi-* !*? 'm -tl HtH'i.. I»r-l*’ l.i «-*• ira-alla, |. U-w.: wjia-i a MI ftra M >. T*tl*». Rsrr fill W mic-m th. >.n .• p-lm, alaca .11 f.M* m, aU-af l*lw. :m J»r»I • »!*•« ftfm. IV. If mj n uililr mi «r»«4 ¦ ' mall, *M** pair, :+*j aitav k.« trft-Mi i»f- ir-rHrtM. >41 tj arntlm tt* | rl amlnt uan tewU Ual til ret a-ifiaaia at !w nm.tr-. b‘n Funfl >. P.|M C» nri- i W I ki Lmi fV tCA HI JO?! GOT YOUR FAX* 1A L TH NK IT LOOPS GREAT.. . Pho ePak Saves Time [| and Money k With PhonePak, you get a powerful, k yet affordable, fax and voice messaging [| syst n that:
• C be learned in no time with the sir >le, step-by-step user's manual.
• C 5 pletely eliminates costly and u j ieldy thermal paper.
• (' i s scaled, nonscaled, and inverted t .'ing of faxes in both HiRes |(- L 400) or Workbench 2.0 s S .; arHiRes (1280x400) mode.
• Inf ligently transfers incoming calls ovt r Centrex1"* or other compatible phi me networks.
• Let the caller decide whether to leave a I'm sage or speak with the called party. And, you get something no other fax machine or computerized fax product can offci - privacy for every fax received. Phj;i3Pak Helps You Work Smarter As you can see, anything fax machines, ans- ing machines, and voicemail systems can do, PhonePak can do. Pit:. 11 umePak is the only technology that giveyou fax and voice information combined. Wh ler you have a single phone line at home, or multiple lines in die office, once nu install PhonePak, you'll wonder how in ever got along without it, "" Main PhonePak Control Pane! 11ml irinfn !t«m iMrtuI: ;i*«ii ifill i For more information on what GVP’s PhonePak can do for you call (215)337-8770 today. GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS 600 CLARK AVENUE KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406 USA PHONE 215*337*8770 FAX 215*337*9922 PhonePak requires 2MB RAM and a hard drrve. And is FCC certitiec for use in the United States. PhonePak. VFX and Operator are trademarks of Great Valley Products, inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 1992 Great Valley Products, Inc, Circle 1 on Reader Service card You know what a fax machine IS. You know what an answering machine DOES. You know how voice mail WORKS. Now imagine all that technology working together as a single comprehensive information system all on one board. And that’s just the beginning when it comes to what GVP’s new PhonePak can do for your A2000 3000! PhonePak Handles All Calls With a PhonePak VFX system installed on each of your phone lines you can: ? Receive faxes and store them on your Amiga's hard disk for on-scrcen viewing and or plain paper printing at your convenience. ? Use PhonePak's advanced digital technology to record and playback voice messages. ? Receive VFX M messages combining voice and fax, from virtually any standard phone fax machine. ? View a fax onscreen and listen to a voice message about that fax at the same time a GVP multimedia breakthrough! ? Send faxes to one or more numbers immediately, or via PhonePak's built-in scheduler. ? Record and play your own voice messages in standard IFF audio format using a fully configurable system of private user mailboxes. ? Create customized databases for all your names, addresses, and telephone numbers, ? Use PhonePak's exclusive Operator™ script language or AREXX to control all dialing functions. And because PhonePak uses GVP's custom DMA chip technology for multitasking, you can keep right on working, even while PhonePak is taking calls. SEE US AT world of „ :W'-VS% commodore AMIGA PASADENA. CA • SEPT. 11-13,1992 Now, your Amiga® 2000 3000 i a Computer, Fax Machine, VoiceMail Sys'em, and Answering Machine all at on:*! Gvps new tm PHONEPAK’S EXCLUSIVE VFX TECHNOLOGY TAKES FAX AND VOICEMAIL INTO THE NEXT CENTURY! With Digital Processing Systems' new DPS RC-2000 multichannel remote control. With a single remote, you can control up to eight DPS 1 Rcs (cards or rackmomu units) and one waveform vectorscope. You get dedicated TBC and V-Scope function keys, plus ten nonvolatile set-up memories for each TBC channel, and you get the advantage ol individual digital shaft encoders for easy adjustment of all proc-amp and color-halance functions. (RS 122.) External Video Maybe you can't fit a Video Toaster into the high-performance A3000, but that doesn't mean you cannot use the two devices together, Heifnet Communications' new Toaster Cozzy (S790 plus shipping) is a video slot in a box. It holds a Toaster, powers it (with a 65-watt regulated power supply providing a slaved instant-on feature), and connects it to the Amiga without voiding warranties on either the board or the CPU. The Toaster Cozzy provides a neat video-slot solution for A500s as well, and for A2000s with occupied video slots. The unit provides a built-in blackburst generator for video sync with five BNC outputs, and later this year, the Toaster Cozzy wrli accommodate not one, but two video boards via an upgrade. Heifner promises to upgrade its video cable in the future to maintain compatibility with advanced incarnations of the Amiga. (RS 123.) O V HRIIi; 1 RI) ’Sno Storm Feeling snowed under by slow processing and RAM limitations? Preferred Technologies' new Blizzard Board promises to shovel you out with performance increases of 200%. The low-cost unit installs in the 68000 socket of the A500, A2000, and, with a special adapter, the A1000. Its 14-MHz 68000 processor doubles the clock rate of your CPU and memory access, but the board lets you switch back to 7-MHz mode to accommodate finicky software. A special "shadow mode" lets you run AmigaDOS from an optional 512K bank of dynamic memory for better overall performance. In addition, you can add 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 megabytes of RAM via inexpensive DIP memory chips. Software that comes with the board controls many of its features and includes a memory-testing program. A five-year warranty rounds out the board’s offerings. (RS 129.) Need a customizable graph ics-process- ing display device? Then take a look at Digital Microtiics' new Vivid 24. The board’s modular approach lets you add features and power according to your needs. In its standard configuration ($ 2995), Vivid 24 includes one 4.VIB Video Memorv Module (VMM), providing 24-bit color display in noninterlaced resolutions ol up to 1024x768. You can increase your display to 2048x2048 in interlaced mode, however, bv adding three more YMMs (S729 each). Add the Broadcast Quality Digital Video Encoder module ($ 729). And you’ll be able to retain the quality of super hi-res graphics while moving them to videotape. Designed to work with the Encoder module, the Video Effects Generator ($ 385) provides an input for two video sources and allows for special effects and switching on a pixel-by-pixel basis between the sources and Vivid 24 computer graphics. Graphics math coprocessor upgrades come in both single ($ 585) and double ($ 1449) varieties. Each single coprocessor adds 40 Million Floating Point Operations Per Second (M FLOPS) and lets you render 25,000 shaded polygons per second; not surprisingly, the double coPower Parts processor duplicates those results. With a double and two singles, Vivid 24 promises to achieve a total of 160 MFLOPS and generate 100.000 shaded polygons per second! You can display a super hi-res Workbench screen via Vivid 24, and the board claims complete compatibility with all Amiga applications. To make those applications run fast, the board comes with 4MB of program memory. To increase speeds even more, you can add another 4MB program memory module ($ 385). The board is A200Q and A3000 compatible, and conies with loads of software, including DMI Paint, a 24-hit paint package with all the standard tools in DMI super resolutions. The DMI Render software lets you import models and frames from other industry-standard 3-D programs and render in "near real-time” us- ing either Gourad or Phong shading. And for configuring and controlling Vivid 2 Is programmable resolution output, DMI Tweek is the answer. According to DMI, Vivid 24’s rendering and image-processing power and super hi-res 24-bit displays- -not available on any other platform at any price will be a boon for 3-D rendering, real-time simulation, and medical imaging. (RS 127.) Spectral Lines So you want the whole spectrum of 24-bit, real-time video framegrabbing? Preferred Technologies gives it to you. Spectrum, its new high- definition video device, grabs an image in frame mode in 730th of a second or in field mode in Vwth of a second, and digitizes using a full palette of 16 million colors. Under software control, you can freeze images, hold them in the unit's built-in framebuffer in 768x480 NTSC format, and then view them on a standard composite monitor. Image data transferred through the parallel pod to the Amiga is digitized, while the original image remains in the framebuffer. The hardware provides two BNC connectors for composite video in and out, the parallel data port, a connector for an external power supply, and a complement of LED status lights to tell you at a glance the current mode of operation. Full hardware control is provided by a single program that features plenty of pull-down menus and hot keys. Spectrum boasts support for many independent programs that you can run directly ? Would you like your Amiga-generated artwork to end up in the homes of over one million people? Then consider submitting music, graphics stills, animations, and videos to Willow Mixed Media, producers of Amiga artists on the Air, a cable-tclevision series about Amiga art. Broadcast throughout the US and Canada, the program is now in its second year and recently became a finalist in the Hometown USA Video Festival. You can submit work on disk in IFF or ANIM-5 formats, or on Yt-inch tape (Hi8 and VHS are also acceptable). Fora program listing and a roster of stations that cany the series, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Willow Mixed Media, PO Box 194, Glen ford, NY 12433. You can call or fax them at 914 657-2914. If you don't find your local cable channel on the list, contact Willow for information on how to arrange showings. Past programs are available on VHS tape.
* rOUND ZONE rsthe With the most powerful comprehensive 8-bit Digital Sound Package to ever orchestrate an Amiga DIQITai- SOUND STUDIO
* j3 world of , commodore AMIGA PASADENA. CA-SEPT. 11-13, 1992 Digital Sound Studio The Affordable Answer to Your Audio Dreams Record, Edit, Compose... With a high-quality stereo sound sampler, A fast, powerful, easy-to-use sound editor, And a self-contained 4-track sequencer: For all the sound effects and music you could ever imagine. ? Record sound samples from any source, including voices, noise, and pre-recorded instruments, to create your own instruments and effects. ? Edit sounds quickly in real time. Add effects like reverb and echo, run sounds backward, alter wave forms, cut and paste sound segments, create loops, eliminate pops and scratches. ? Compose easily using the DSS 4-track sequencer and your Amiga or MIDI keyboard. Draw from up to 31 instruments at a time, in up to four octaves with 8 different variable effects. Mix and modify sounds in real time as you compose, through direct interface with the sound editor. DSS Stretches the outer limits of 8-bit sound
• Create your own 4-track, self-playing musical compositions.
• Make soundtracks for home video, animation or visual presentations complete with voice-over, sound effects and music.
• Analyze voice patterns and stereo separation.
• Analyze graphic equalization of real-time sound.
• Remove "pops" from old phonograph recordings.
• Create custom instruments and sound effects by collecting and or modifying pre-recorded instruments, voice, or sounds from any source, and use them in your own compositions.
• Save your sound and music to disk or send it out via modem for replay on any Amiga. Check out these unparalleled features V AmigaDOS 2.0 compatible; written in assembly language. V Multi-tasking operation. V 68020 and 68030 compatible. V Comprehensive tutorial manual helps even beginners get started right away. V Intuition-based graphic interface makes operation easy. MIDI-in capability. V Direct interface between sequencer and editor. V Hold 31 sound samples in memory at once all shown on screen so they are easy to manipulate. V Effects and processing capabilities include echo, mix, filter, re-sample, sound data inversion, playing sounds backwards, loops, fade-in fade-out and more. V Manipulate sound samples in real time, as you listen. V Create sampled instruments with 1, 3 and 5 octaves. V HIEI recording for highest quality playback. V Controls for faster slower playback and filtering high frequencies during playback. V Load and save samples, songs and instruments in multiple formats. V Multiple effects for each note. V Stereo and monophonic operation. Also convert mono to stereo or separate stereo. Auto-playing music modules. V Real-time oscilloscope and spectrum analysis. V Real-time reverberation. V Graphic editing of wave forms through easy-to-use functions, including zoom in out and precision controls for position, frequency and amplitude. V Draw sound waves freehand using the mouse. V Direct editing of individual sample numeric values. V Maximum recording speed of 51,000 samples second (38,908 samples second in stereo). V Savable Preference settings. » Saves in IFF, SONIX or RAW formats. V Compatible with SoundTracker, NoiseTracker and SoundFX modules. GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS INC. 600 Clark Avenue, King of Prussia, PA 19406 For more information or your nearest GVP dealer, call today. Dealer inquiries welcome. Tel. (215) 337-877D • FAX (215) 337-9922 p FX from the CL!, so you need not create complex Arexx ports. The software can also compensate for a lack of phase lock in the source video via its special VCR mode, which computes each scan line. (RS 129.) 0VERHEARD Gateway to Expansion So you thought the Golden Gate connected the San Francisco Bay with the Pacific? Nah, it connects the Zorro and PC slots on A2000s and A3000s. Il provides not only 25-MHz 80386SX PC AT emulation, but also up to 16MB of RAM (4MB of which can serve as auloconfig Amiga RAM), a PC AT IDF. Hard-drive controller, and, optionally, a PC A I ’ floppy controller for HD El) floppy drives as well. You can upgrade Vortex s Golden Gate with an 80C387SX math coprocessor, and the board promises to support multitasking. (RS 130.) Now that summer s over, it's time to doff your shorts and send them to Video Shorts, the only nationwide video competition devoted solely to vignettes. This year's competition features a special Computer Animation category in addition to its general category. Video Shorts accepts entries of up to six minutes in length on Vt-inch U-inatic or SR VHS, S- rI IS. 8mm, and Iii-8 formats in NTSC standard. You may enter up to three pieces; entry fees are $ 20 per piece and S10 for each additional entry on the same cassette. Postmark deadline Sound Bytes Get into your Roland D-70 music really into it, editing tones, patches, performances, rhythm setup, and other parameters in the friendly Amiga environment. With dissidents' new D-70 Editor Librarian (S50), you get unique data-mariipulation features that are not available on the D-70 itself. The software lets you create new patches or alter existing ones using either the mouse or Amiga keyboard. As you do so, the D-70 responds instantly through MIDi so you can hear just what you're doing. You can save parameters on Amiga disks and send them back to the D-70 at any time. A tutorial offers tips on how to create new sounds. (RS 131.) Word for Word Even if KindWords is not your word processor, you should know about the program's latest upgrade. Why? Because The Disc Company (now a division of Activision) is offering a S50 trade-in deal for owners of excellence!, ProWrite, PenPal, QuickWrite, Scribble, TextCraft, and WordPerfect, as well as earlier KindWords versions. KindWords 3 (S124.95) comes on four disks (Program, Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Extras) and includes a new manual. It boasts the proprietary Human Interface Protocol, quicker typing speed, eradication of all bugs, 1.3 and 2.0 compatibility, and scores of new features. The program accepts 255 standard Amiga fonts in a single document and lets you change font directories within the program. You can print using the Amiga's fonts or those of your printer, taking advantage of the program's enhanced high-density output ability. Graphics of any resolution and color are candidates for import, and the program can wrap text around them in a box or in contour Little extras include headers and footers for right and left pages, the ability to insert date and time in various formats, medium- and hi-res modes, horizontal and vertical rulers, adjustable tracking and line spacing, and measurement in inches or metrics. To improve efficiency, it offers on-line help and a toolbox containing the most commonly used commands. And to help you keep track of everything, the program tallies not only your word count, but total pages, paragraphs, lines, characters, and pictures as well. (RS 132.) Is February 1, 1993. The competition promises a minimum of ten winning entries, each of which will win its creator $ 100 cash and be mastered to a 1-inch tape for touring and archival purposes. For information and entry forms write: Video Shorts, PO Box 20369, Seattle, WA 98102, or phone 206 325-8449. The International Television Association is not choosy about the length of productions submitted to its 25th annual Video Festival. The association does specify, however, that they must be created by video pros outside the broadcasting field. You can submit entries designed for training, student productions, public service, and six other categories. Get an entry kit from ITVA, 631! O’Connor Rd.,' LB- 51, Irving, TX 75039, 214 869-1112 (fax: 214 869-2980). Entry deadline is November 16, Many Tongues How can you go about getting your Amiga and yourself to speak Russian, Korean, and English? With Fairbrothers' Audio Gallery series of "talking picture dictionaries." Each volume of this series employs computer graphics and digitized speech and provides an iconized table of contents and a gadget-scrollable on-line dictionary. The English version can play in French, German, or Spanish translation mode; the Korean and Russian releases feature full use of Hangul and Cyrillic characters, respectively. (Earlier versions include Japanese, French, German, Spanish, and Chinese.) Prices range from S89.95 to S129.95. (RS 133.) Command Performance Ii works like a music synthesizer, but controls graphics instead. The Light- works Graphics Synthesizer ($ 599.95, Euphonies) lets you “compose” computer graphics and “perform" your compositions live, either with or without musical accompaniment. (With the help of a genlock, you can also incorporate live video.) You get the conventional wipes and fades, plus powerful palette manipulation abilities and the capacity to interact. Your performances can be all interactive, predetermined, or a combination of the two. Effects are determined by a script, which you create with the use of menus and prompt messages; no scripting language is involved. The package includes the program, a disk of graphics-performance presets (which you can cither customize or utilize as is), and a hardware device that provides you with eight sliders and stereo- audio inputs. You can use stereo sound input separated into its bass, midrange, and treble components to create audio visual compositions, and you can employ any MIDI-compatible instrument to control effects. In addition to the hardware module, you can use the Amiga’s mouse, keyboard, and internal timers as controllers either independently or in any combination you wish. (RS 128.) Overscan is compiled by Barbara Gefvert, Linda Laflamme, and Tim Walsh. Send your news, new products, and network information to Overscan, AmigaWor d Editorial, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458. ¦ Only GVP Factory Installed A2000 HC8+ SCSI Hard Disk+RAM Boards have a track record this good over 20,000 satisfied Amiga ® users and now a 2-Year Warranty! Don't waste your valuable time or money building a SCSI+RAM Controller from parts... Because of our unprecedented pricing structure you can now get GVP's factory installed A2000 HC8T with drives from 52MB to 240MB at a very competitive price. ? GVP’S A2000 HG8+...THE SAFEST CHOICE Look for the GVP Factory Installed Drive Seal... it's your assurance that your A2000 HC84- drive has been installed and tested in GVP's own factory ... And the 2 year limited warranty protects you better and longer than any third party installed drive. And with third party drives you run the risk of a run around if anything does go wrong. ? GVP’s A2000 HC8+...N0W EVEN FASTER WITH FAAASTROM ™ 4.5 All A2000 HC8+ have been redesigned and equipped with GVP's newest fastest SCSI Driver - FMASTROM 4.5. Plus, we've also doubled Western Digital's SCSI Controller clockspeed to 14Mhz - for a tremendous increase in speed ...
- XvfflWIJ ufiiiiiifll IHIIfl Up to 8MB FAST RAM Expansion ? GVP’s A2000 HC8+ « JUST LOOK AT THESE FEATURES Factory Installed
3. 5" Hard Disk Drive
• Custom chip design for the fastest possible data transfer rates and DMA performance-even in a multi-tasking environment. GVP Custom VLSI Chip GVP Factory Installed Seal ? Ask your dealer about Syquest 44MB or 80MB removable hard drives for use with any GVP SCSI Controller. Special factory-bundled configurations are now available. SEE US AT world of . Commodore Circle 1 on Reader Service card AMIGA PASADfHA, C* • SfPI 11-13. 1992
• Easy-to-Install SIMM memory modules for configurations up to SMB-and support BridgeBoard users with the 6MB FAST RAM.
• Support for virtually any SCSI device.
• Fastest and easiest SCSI installation possible. ? GVP’S A2000 HC8+...JUST LOOK FOR THE GVP FACTORY INSTALLED SEAL Remember if the GVP Factory Installed seal shown in this ad isn't on your A2000 HC8 + box ... it isn't the fastest, most powerful, longest warrantied, safest A2000 HC8+ you can buy. Ask for and accept only GVP A2000 HC8-f- with the Factory Installed seal. For more information call 215-337-8770. GREAT VALLEY PRODUCTS 600 CLARK AVENUE KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406
U. S.A. PHONE 215 • 337 • 8770 FAX 215 * 337 - 9922 For more information or your nearest GVP dealer, call 215-337-8770. Dealer inquiries welcome. For technical support, call 215-354-9495. Amiga is a regiiterfla tracemark of Commofioto Amiga. Inc Z 1991 Qieat Vall*y Products Inc A-Max II Plus Runs Macintosh software on the Amiga. ReadySoft, S499.95. A2000 A3000. Internal, Zorro slot connection. Installation: Easy. Compatibility notes: Runs on A1000 with Zorro expansion box. Once in a rare while a product conies along that is not only supremely useful, but is also a tribute to die versatility of the Amiga ancl the inventive zeal of die Amiga development community. A-Max II Plus is all this and a whole lot more. The best part of A-Max II Plus is that it does exactly what it’s supposed to do. It runs monochrome Macintosh software as fast or faster than a Mac with an equivalent processor. It runs virtually all Mac productivity software and an)’ well-behaved games that don’t try to do illegal hardware addressing. (No big loss on the unsupported games; after all, you own an Amiga.) It supports sound, printing, modems, MIDI, large-screen displays, hard drives, AppleTalk networks, and, best of all, it can finally read and write Mac disks in Amiga disk drives. Come of Age The original A-Max was a clever hack. A-Max II was a useful, although limited form of Macintosh emulation, In its latest incarnation, A-Max II Plus has succeeded in becoming a true professional solution: elegant, practical, and very nearly bullet-proof. ReadySoft overcame its final design obstacles by adding direct support for all Amiga disk drives (internal, external, and high-density), file transfers to AmigaDOS hard-drive partitions, and compatibility with System 7.0. You no longer need a bulky, expensive Mac external drive cluttering your desktop, and, with System 7.0, you can finally multitask your Mac software. A-Max II Plus takes over the Amiga to emulate the Mac, and it requires Macintosh 128K ROMs, which are sold separately at specialized dealers. You must also provide the operating system, available To locate the vendors of the products reviewed, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 98. Hard-drive installable software. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 1 MB RAM, 128K Mac ROMs, Mac OS. Recommended system: 2+ MB RAM, hard drive,I28K Mac ROMs, Mac OS. From Apple and in most major Mac software. The package is a hardware and software combination that fits into any 100-pin Zorro slot and hooks to the floppy connector (pass-through is included). You must plug in the ROMs, insert the board, and run the software. For me. The whole procedure took less than 20 minutes. My board was slightly out of specification, however, and did not gracefully slide into place. When it did fit, the MIDI and modem ports on the back of the card were edged right up against the divider panels. The variance was not enough to prevent the cables from fitting in. But it was a nuisance. I tested A-Max II Plus with System 7.0 and several versions of System 6. I booted from Mac SCSI hard drives, Amiga SCSI hard drives with Mac partitions, the A-Max-created recoverable RAM disk, and Mac disks in the Amiga disk drives. A-Max performed flawlessly throughout. 1 tested Multi finder (Apple), Microsoft Word (Microsoft), PageMaker (Aldus), SuperPaint (Silicon Beach Software), PC Tools for the Mac (Central Point Software), Microphone (Sofware Ventures), MacDraw (Claris), HyperCard (Apple), Excel (Microsoft), Professional Composer (Mark of the Unicorn), and a host of other heavy-hitter software, old and new. 'There were no complaints from any of them. It choked on some games, but ran more of them than 1 expected. Multitasking on a Mac is not quite as sophisticated as multitasking on an Amiga. Multifinder does not allow you to pull down a custom screen to get instant access to another screen. You can’t display two screens at once, and the lack of a second mouse button requires some compromises, but System 7 checks out overall as well on A-Max as it does on a Mac. The AppleTalk support was a surprising bonus. Although AppleTalk is a very slow standard, it works just fine, and you can't beat the price. I never thought I’d see my Amiga chugging along on an AppleTalk network, bill there it was, transferring files and running four-person RoboSport (Maxis) over the network. Invisible Efficiency A-Max cheerfully found and used my Amiga parallel and serial ports, and it used my Epson clone nine-pin printer and Amiga modem as a Mac printer and Mac modem. Once the ports are selected through the A-Max start-up program, their use is utterly transparent. It was a kick to see that familiar Mac font rolling off my printer, looking every bit as good as an expensive Apple I mage Writer. You can use other printers as well, as long as you select the proper driver from the Chooser. To help, ReadySoft offers a special deal on PowerPrint ($ 99.95), which has a host of obscure Mac printer drivers. To test the serial port, 1 called some local boards and downloaded a clutch of Mac PD software, all of which worked without a hitch. 1'his user transparency is thoroughly integrated into the operation of A-Max II Plus. The video mode, screen size, display size (including scrolling virtual screens), memory configuration (including processors and MMUs), parallel- and serial-port selection and hard-disk drivers are all configured on the Amiga side at startup, saved, and then run automatically. File conversion and transfer are easier in the new A-Max. Although it still handles file transfers in Mac mode only, the support for Fast-File-System hard drives makes the file-transfer side of A-Max easier
- YOLR TURN! I love A-Max II Plus. It runs System 7 without a hitch, communicates at high baud rates, and (unlike A-Max II) works perfectly. I can’t think of a single thing wrong with it! Peter Veach Ajipleton, Wisconsin to work with. The package comes with a Mac-formatted disk containing the transfer software, which lets you transfer Mac files directly to and from the internal floppy drive and the AmigaDOS Fast File System and Old File System hard-drive partitions. File transfer is still not as effortless as CrossDOS (Consultron), but A-Max II Plus is a step in the right direction. The only hint of trouble in Mac-emulation paradise comes from Apple itself. Apple has reportedly tried to clamp down on supplies of the Mac 128K ROMs needed to run A-Max. Prices of these ROMS tend to be higher now than they were when the original A-Max appeared, ranging from a reasonable $ 150 to an overpriced $ 350. I had no difficulty finding reasonably priced ROMS at my local Diskcovery, but you might have to use one of the pricier mail order houses if you live in an area without a well- stocked Amiga store. The A-Max market is a curious beast, and can’t be completely served by the standard Amiga community or the conventional Mac market. I strongly recommend that A-Max users form a worldwide users’ group dedicated to keeping information flowing on A-Max tips, ticks, idiosyncracies, and the pricing and sources of those precious ROMs. He’d Do It Again Overall, A-Max II Plus performed like a champ. On a stock Amiga, it’s an inexpensive Mac clone. Adding a 68030, a large Mac hard-drive partition, and overscan mode or a larger monitor makes for a faster, cheaper super-Mac system. After spending nearly a month with A-Max II Plus and System 7.0, I am utterly convinced of two things: that ReadySoft has another hit on its hands, and that I made the right choice in choosing the Amiga over the Mac. Daniel Greenberg R E V I E VV S Impact Vision-24 Great Valley Products, $ 2199. A2000, A3000. Internal, Zorro and video-slot connections. Installation: Easy. * Compatibility notes: Must be one of A200Q’s first three slots. Hard-drive installable software. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 2MB RAM, hard drive; 5MB RAM, accelerator and FPU coprocessor (for Caligari). Recommended system: 9MB RAM, hard drive, accelerator, multisync monitor. 24-bit display, multimedia, and video production. A complex, integrated system, the Impact Vision-24 multifunction 24-bit display board and its Video Interface Unit significantly expand the Amiga’s multimedia capabilities, easily serving as the center of a training or information system. In addition, its 24-bit display (including single-frame recording), multiformat transcoding, genlocking, and encoding abilities would be equally at home in a video-production house. Like NewTek’s Video Toaster, the IV-24 accepts a composite video signal, encodes and keys native Amiga graphics over incoming video, and displays 24-bit pictures. The IV-24 takes broader aim than simply video, however, succeeding well in many areas and limping along in others. Go In and Out the Windows For nicker-free video, just hook up a multisync RGB monitor to the board’s 15- pin monitor-out port. (While an optional adaptor lets you use a stock Amiga monitor, you lose the advantage of the deinterlacer.) Connecting to a port on the card, the external Video Interface Unit (VIU) has separated RGB, two composite video, digital- or analog-key, reference- sync, and SVHS inputs; outputs are composite, SVHS, and key. For an additional $ 500, you can add the capabilities of the Component Transcoder version of the VIU (VIU-CT): separated RGB and sync output with full transcoding to component formats (Beta- cam and Mil), key-out, Y C, and composite out, as well as RGB pass-through for monitor connections. The IV-24 syncs to j nearly any source, but GVP recommends a time-base corrector for best results. Hardware and software installation are straightforward and well explained in the excellent manual. Moreover, GVP's technical support team is very helpful. They speedily replaced a faulty board for me and helped resolve several system conflicts. Three programs manage W-24’s workings, input and output signals, and gen- locking overlay. The main user interface is the IVCP2 control panel, a Commodity under Workbench 2.0. (Under 1.3, two alternate programs control the IV-24 and the VIU.) IVCP2 provides button and slider control over the IV-24’s function inode (scan rate, genlock, display depth), RGB and composite output modes, framegrabbing, calibration, input-signal processing, and output format. IVPiP handles IV-24’s picture-in- picture feature, while IVGrab lets you grab frames from the board. All three programs are accessible from hot keys and Arcxx controls for true integrated functioning. Signal-processing gadgets handle gain, brightness, color, hue, red blue contrast, and brightness and luma (white) levels for the incoming video signal. You can also fine-tune the RGB input and output, composite output (for color and sub-carrier phase adjustment), and composite key levels. I only wish the Toaster had j such features built into it. Also unique to the IV-24, the picture- in-picture feature brings the video source (composite, SVHS, RGB, and so on), into a 12-bit (4096-color) window on Workbench. Although it's not a standard Intuition window, you can position, resize, scroll, and scale the PIP window. You can even reverse the display for a Workbench window on incoming video. In addition, after setting save and image size defaults in IVCP2. You can freeze and grab the incoming video or the entire screen (video and Workbench) on die ilv as a standard IFF24 file. The composite encoder is very I use Impact Vision-24 for grabbing frames off of live video it’s the best method I have seen. While it's not fully a real-time 24-bit display device, it sure lias nice color and clarity. GVP's software is very smooth and runs under 2.0 without a hitch. I lie Video Interface Unit is really slick; it gives the machine multiple inputs and outputs, and its several LEDs let you know what's going on at a glance. Michael Schiller Fori Lauderdale, Florida dean and crisp; video passing through the VIU suffers no degradation. Along for the Ride To enhance its production capabilities, the IV-24 comes with specially adapted versions of Caligari 2 (a 3-D modeler and animator), Scala (a titling and presentation program), and MacroPaint IV-24 (a 24-bit paint program). They’re the weakest players on the IV-24 team, however, so plan on investing in some third-party products that support the board, such as AS DCFs Art Department Professional and Tecsolt’s 'IA’Paint. Both Caligari2 (reviewed July ’92. P.
20) and Scala (July ’91, p. 78) arc scaled- down editions, and both produce a correspondingly scaled-down sense of satisfaction. Simple to learn, Scala produces crisp titles with all the typographical attributes you could want, and it provides a wide variety of smooth page transitions. Pages and transitions are sequenced in a script that you can replay from the program or through an external player software. The two main elements missing are animation control and Arcxx support; for these, you must purchase the full-blown multimedia version. Featuring its familiar and fabulous interface, Caligari2 renders directly to the IV-24. It lacks point editing, dither control, antialiasing, and animation support, however; for these, you must upgrade. MacroPaint IV-24 offers near-real-time painting (meaning that there is a bit of a delay while the changes arc rendered to the IV-24‘s framebuffer) and a full Arexx implementation for easy automated image grabbing and cropping. While the program has quite an extensive range of features, tools, and effects, it nevertheless feels jumpy and sluggish. Asa matter of persona! Preference, I also find awkward the tool and paleue-strip placement and the method of working with custom brushes. ? _ _us. Nnni5jBRnifjnnn*5B _L1 4- "I T- V Final Copy Pages 66-67 Ajirtl 1992 Ami gaWoricI Reprinted with pmnlsdon frora AmlgaWcrld T "Final Copy II's screen display is easy to read!" FINALLY, A REASON In gee **nt« about wctd pmcsanrr again* Sort- Wood, I no developas who Drought ut r«i Pal and Eloctnr Ihocauruc. Lk« com* up *WB a powwtul, ooey-to-u®. Rull-foaiwact word ptooMcr mat hwji* iu* ok>ui anything aw>8aW* for th* Amiga Fcfw And Cwa Final Copy mrtallc rt&ttfojdy on your hard daw, thank: to an in- catahon pingiam augwaflna, I understand, 6cm Cottanaw*. Jn addition. Final Copy's filial bound manual U atnactiv* and fun.-- tonal. Featuring a ynporad r mesial and rtfewyt pacnon Th* pogrom irarif lid Joy to am- flgutt and ua> tvtotd piocwart Bicutd b« Obcctlw as wiiil as in. Nnii t«. Cr «is* tr-*y tntsrfera Mtn tt» og«n dtfrteult tat, tf writing Sc* Wood For neat Hvulrf s at rc*t. Format, tab nope, «q, paiaQiaph (indent ate, lino spacing, lusnrtca- tlon). And grapmcs (t*«j flow, Bolder. Ate), fust to nam* a few. Each pidtaK* module can be wt as Hi* vrpgam default a- Ih* actlw document. Wn*T You Sir... Final Copy caxrm win all of rtio crtls and vtaOlei you would axpocr to find in a scod WYSIWYG word pmrayra Th* pro gram optionally diipkoy* a cadet indicating m» specified tea maig»n i and V legal pctpnnj 0*0 tor your I pan tor neada* and foot- V c*: vi*iai used aw in 45L1 )*.l an-mai A wry nia* vuruUs display feamw allow* you to view ttw document at Z39t mao- edit your document ktuletn* spelling requester if on the sheen. This If a nemendoutiy Omiietiied too. Ruro, in itself nearly worth I ho pjic* of the program. The thesnuiu: rtirKttcne |ust 111* ScrtWdxl'; stand-alone jxofprun, Electrc Tne- soums, which Is fad and abundantly ruggedi ve. I'd liLe, howcw, see SortVNbod lick me two Will, net m the same requtsa- tn a 111 rure rtio'. Wi Final Copy ptoude* a By- paenanan contic! Fcaruie that lets you dftnrntrw at , wrun point on a fcne wrads becBtn* cano- dater for hyphon- anon, You con ols entirety dtxfote this funtnon. Left not forger mat Radi Copy is a graphic
o be a winner you’ve got to be a whole lot better than the rest. Final Copy is the first and only word processor for the Amiga that gives high-quality printing on any 1.3 or 2.0 Workbench supported printer. It comes with a 144.000 word spelling detector and corrector. 1.4 million response thesaurus with definitions, 35 outline typefaces, multiple newspaper style columns, IFF graphic support including 24 bit ILBMs, real-time text flow around graphics, style sheets, master pages, structured box, oval, lines, and aiTow drawing tools, typographic controls, mail-merge, color text, paragraph sorting, Arexx port, and true WYSIWYG PostScript® printing. As one of our customers said, “You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see Final Copy has the best printing of any Amiga word processor.” Comparison Chart Outline Fonts Included Style jlj Sheets Master Pages Line, Box, Oval Drawing Tools Graphic Text Flow Thesaurus Responses Speller Words Automatic Hyphenation Final Copy II 35 Yes Yes Yes Yes
1. 4 million 144,000 Yes Pro Write 3.2® 0 No No No No 300,000 100,000 No Comparison Chart Snaking Columns 24 Bit 1LBM Support Editable Page Views Outline Font Processing Print 1 pg. Document Support Outline Fonts
1. 3 and 2.0 Print Quality Final Copy 11 1-6 Yes 25-400% Fast 53 see. Yes Yes Excellent ProWrite 3.2® 1-5 No No Slow 2 min. 5 sec. No No Good 1-800-247-8314 Available at your local Amiga Dealer SoftWood, Inc. Notwithstanding the above complaints, the IV-24 merits very serious consideration. It has a unique and powerful place at the center of a multimedia development and delivery station, and video producers will find it very useful as a display, encoder, and transcoding card, especially in conjunction with an external switcher. With better performance production software, the IV-24 could very well be the brave new future of in- tegrated multimedia production. Michael Hanish Personal TBC II Digital Processing Systems, $ 995. A2000, A3000, A3000T. Internal, IBM-slot and serial connection. Installation: Moderate. Hard-drive installable software. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 5I2K RAM. Recommended system: 4+ MB RAM, video-editing system. The multiburst signal shown (upper left reference; upper right Personal TBC II; lower left TBCard; and lower right TBC PCB) has five packets that represent the frequencies 400 Khz, 1 Mhz, 3 Mhz, 3.58 Mhz, and 4.2 Mhz, respectively, from the left. To determine signal*response quality, compare the results from each TBC to the reference. Each packet should pass its full amplitude from bottom to top; however, a comb or notch filter will make the 3.58 Mhz packet appear squashed. Industrial video production* TBC PCB Prime Image. $ 1050. A2000, A3000. Internal, IBM-slot connection. Installation: Moderate. Hard-drive installable software. Not copy protected. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 512K RAM. Recommended system: 4+ MB RAM, video-editing system. Industrial video production. TBCard I,Den Videotronics Corp., $ 995. A2000, A3000 (wTith additional power supply). Internal, IBM-slot connection. Installation: Moderate. Industrial video production. More and more video manufacturers are designing products for desktop instead of rack-mount systems but do they stack up as well in the studio? To find out, 1 put three internal time-base corrector cards to the test. The Personal TBC II, TBC PCB, and TBCard were warmed up for an hour each in an Amiga 2000, A R-roll editing environment, with a stable black-burst signal piped to NewTek’s Video Toaster, I fed each one SMPTE color bars from the Toaster for evaluation on a vec- torscope and, using DPS’s software- based signal generator, a multiburst signal from the Toaster for viewing on a waveform monitor (see photos above). Personal TBC II The back of the Personal TBC 11 card is packed with a genlock timing switch, a Telco serial-data in, an SVHS four-pin video in, BNC connectors for NTSC video in and out, multifunction I O, genlock video in, and a genlock LED indicator. The multifunction I O supports advanced sync out and can be configured through the TBC’s internal jumper. A DIP switch for the connectors gives further flexibility. Also, for multiple sources, you can daisy-chain Personal TBCs. The software installs automatically and sports a clear button- and slider-filled interface. The Video Processor panel lets you fine-tune video (signal), black (DC), and chroma (color) levels; hue (tint), and horizontal-positioning in percentages, degrees, and microseconds. You can also store and recall ten commonly used setting groups. To restore all settings to unity or reverse your last action, click the Unity or Undo gadgets, respectively. To specify which YTR the adjustments are for, click one of the four numbered buttons or All VCRs. The Genlock menu lets you disable or enable the genlock feature and make coarse, fine, left, and right adjustments. To toggle between inputs (composite or SVHS), capture a single video field, or tweak the white balance, consult the Video Control buttons. The TBC Project menu takes you to and from the Video Toaster Switcher or Workbench and lets you load and save defaults. There’s even a menu to control DPS’s Personal V-Scope. I he Personal TBC 11 performed well in the edit. It produced a rock-steady signal on the vectorscope, indicating very stable chroma phase. The frequency response was also above average. On the downside, 1 could not get a stable freeze from the software option. Overall, the Personal TBC II is a good unit, but ? Ome and get it. The new Amiga* 3000T multimedia workstation tower the most expandable, flexible Amiga ever built. Important News For The Power Hungry: Your Dinner’s Ready. Now powered by a 25 MHZ Motorola 68040 CPU, the A3000T is faster than ever before. (Current A3000T users can upgrade to a 040-based accelerator card for just 51,998.) G> 040' The A3000T features a 200MB hard disk drive. A 3.5,f floppy disk drive. 5MB of RAM, expandable to 18MB. And 32 bit bus architecture to transfer mammoth amounts of information at breakneck speed. The truly power famished will be happy to know that the A3000T is stuffed with an abundant selection of expansion slots. There's a coprocessor slot. A video slot for internal devices. Up to four PC slots. And up to five Zorro 111 slots. Every Amiga 3000 series computer comes with Commodore Express" Gold Sendee options.* And convenient leasing terms are available. C Now, you'd expect a power feast like this to carry a fat price tag. But now through September 30, you can sit down to an Amiga 3000T with a monitor for just 55.998.** Which in itself is a powerful reason for seeing your Commodore dealer today. For a dealer near you, call 1-800-66-AM1GA. In Canada, call 1-800-661-AMIGA. Bon appetit. O Commodore AMIGA Q 1992 Commodore Business Machines Inc Commodore and the Commodore logo are registered trademarks of Commodore Electronics Ltd Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore• Amiga, Inc. Products available on G5A schedule GS-00K-91 -AGS-5069. * Available only on systems purchased tn the I S through an authorized Commodore-Atniga dealer Customer activation required. Some optional programs include a charge "MSRP I think it would be even better with a solid freeze. TBCard The TBCard is a hardware-only solution controlled through I.Den’s TR-7 re- mote-control unit (SI95), which plugs into a 15-pin, D-sub female connector on the back of the card. Nearby, you'll also find RCA connectors (and BNC convertors) for reference genlock in and thru, video in and out, composite in, and Y C in. In addition, there is an internal jumper for selecting either 68030 ACCELERATION VXL*30 &RAM-32 AND 32-BIT WIDE RAM Cost-effective, high-performance system acceleration for the Amiga 500 and Amiga 2000, VXL-30 uses the low cost 68EC030 or the standard, MMU-bearing 68030. True asynchronous design supports versions at 25MHz and 40MHz. Installs into the Amiga's 68000 socket (and the 68000 is re-installed in VXL-30). Accepts the 68882 math chip. User upgradeable. Compatible with AmigaDOS 1.3 and 2.04 systems. Cold-boot jumper selection as 68030 or as 68000. Warm boot software selection as 68030 or 68000. Supports separate VXL RAM-32 Memory board with 2 or 8 megabytes of Fast Page Mode RAM with Burst capability. RAM autoconfigs in the Amiga FASTRAM space and is DMA-able; can be mapped high; supports mapping Kickstart to 32-bit RAM even without MMU. RAM-32 has alternate Kickstart ROM socket for optional 2.04 ROM. RAM-32 is also accessible (16-bits wide) in 68000 mode. Performance of VXL30 RAM-32 as a system is equal to an Amiga 3000 at 25MHz and about fifty percent faster than an A3000 when a 40MHz processor and math chip are installed (speed comparisons based on averaging of sixteen standard benchmarks in AIBB 4.5). Typical raytrace times at 25MHz (using Impulse's Imagine) are sixteen times faster than with the basic 68000. VXL-30 is the price leader in affordable, 68030 acceleration. Available nowfrom your Amiga dealer. &£ MicroBotics, Inc. 1251 American Parkway, Richardson, TX 75081 'Amiga 5007Amiga 2000* and *Kcks:a:t* are registered trademarks of Commodore-Amga. 'VXL-30* and "VXL RAM-32* are McroEctcs. Inc trademarks. NTSC or SVHS. The TR-7 sports rotary knobs for processing the video level, chroma level, set-up (relative brightness), and hue. You adjust the horizontal and subcarrier phase via two small screws, while frame and field freezing are handled by buttons. Finally, I.DEN supplies a set of internal potentiometers for fine timing or in case you do not purchase the remote. TBCard performance was average, although it was the easiest to control (I prefer twisting a knob to pushing a mouse). The frame and field freezes introduced some noise into the picture information with jitter; they were, however, adequate for most purposes. The processing controls for incoming video corrected the majority of problems in short order. (But just keep in mind that the features are limited.) During the color-bar test, the TBCard exhibited chroma phase jitter on the vectorscope, but it was by no means fatal. TBCs in this price range have a tendency to be slightly under spec. For frequency response, the unit was average. While not top-of-the-line, the TBCard is worth considering for its straightforward interface, ease of use, and low price. TBC PCB The TBC PCB is just as packed as the oilier two. Three RCA connectors (with BNC converters) for composite in and out and genlock in grace the back of the board, as do industry-standard SVHS in and out connectors. An internal jumper for genlock termination is supplied, along with serial loop, serial remote, and external remote connectors. Via the internal DIP switches, you can assign ad- ¦ O ditional TBC cards and configure for the optional remote-control unit ($ 250) or software. The remote’s cable feeds through a hole on the mounting bracket and plugs into the card’s 14-pin serial remote connector. The remote’s 14 multipurpose buttons and many corresponding LEDs let you control and monitor the board’s functions. Ebe primary and secondary operations scheme requires holding down the Function button to access the secondary features (setting the four presets; enabling automatic gain control; adjusting black and white; horizontal positioning and color alignment; vertical color alignment; and enabling the strobe). Primary controls select boards (channels) 1 through 4; adjust contrast, color saturation, hue, and brightness; select composite or Y C; enhance sharpness; and freeze fields and frames. Quicker to use than the remote’s many key combinations, TBC PCB’s software features large, easy-to-read gadgets that control all the functions the remote does, plus two more. The software adds a speed setting for the strobe, as well as a Hide gadget, which pops you in and out of other programs. The TBC PCB gave a mixed performance in the edit. The freezes were satisfactory, with only a slight amount of noise and jitter. The strobing worked, but not as well as that available in the Kitchen Sync (Digital Creations). The horizontal portion of the video informa- ? SI fraction of the cost of traditional systems. For a demonstration, see a dealer near you or call for more information. 4152 W. Blue Heron Blvd., 118 • Riviera Beach, FL 33404
(407) 844-EDIT (844-3348)
* Based upon dealer sales figures, Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. When NASA’s video production department Now AmiLink’s Windows™ version boasts needed flexible, frame accurate editing with a mix an ease of operation and features light years ahead of graphics and sound, they turned to AmiLink’s of the rest of the video production industry at a computer-based on-screen edit controller. At RGB Computer & Video, our engineers, programmers and technicians have an ongoing commitment to innovative technology and uncompromising quality, which is why AmiLink is the number one selling* video editing system in the United States and is leading the way in setting new standards of excellence in video editing computers. R E V I E W S tion was squashed, however. When ] ran color bars into the unit, the vectorscope displayed almost 20 degrees of chroma- phase jitter, indicating unstable phase. With this problem, I can't recommend it. Time Out Time-base correctors have always been an expensive proposition. The latest generation is more affordable, but has costs of another kind. Currently, it is impossible to achieve true broadcast quality at the prices of these TBCs. With all its whistles, bells, and freeze capabilities, the TBC PCB lacks the very thing you purchase a TBC for the ability to time, stabilize, and correct signal problems. Even the TBCard, with its simple hardware interface and freezing capabilities, falls short of fulfilling my basic requirements for a TBC. If you are looking for broadcast-perfect video, look elsewhere, but be prepared to pay the price. For industrial or near-broadcast projects, consider the Personal TBC II's clean signal, stability, ease of use, ancl price. Joel Tessler 21MB Floptical Drive Digital Micronics, $ 549 ($ 649 external). A2000, A3000; A500, A1000 with SCSI adapter. Internal or external, SCSI bus connection. Installation: Easy. Compatiblity notes: Requires SCSI controller. Always say...
* Professional ColorFonts & ChromaFonts*
* ColorFonts for Colorfont compatible programs and ChromaFonts for NewTek’s Video Toaster CG. KARA COMPUTER GRAPHICS 2554 Lincoln Blvd., Suite 1010, Marina Del Rey, CA 90291 (310) 578-9177 Circle 32 on Reader Service card Mass storage; hard-drive backup; reading IBM floppies. 128MB Magneto Optical Drive Digital Micronics, $ 1595 (SI 695 external). A2000, A3000; A500, A1000 with SCSI adapter. Internal or external, SCSI bus connection. Installation: Easy. Compatiblity notes: Requires SCSI controller. Fast-Access high-end storage. When most computer owners hear the words “mass storage,” they automatically think of a conventional hard drive. Digital Micronics’ 128MB Magneto-Optical and 21MB Floptical drives are anything but conventional. Both use removable media, which means that you can increase their storage capabilities just by adding new data disks. Moreover, because both include a standard SCSI interface, they can easily be integrated into your existing SCSI hard-drive setup. The 3‘ j-inch magneto-optical drive is a rewritable optical drive. The technology is similar to CD-ROM in that it uses a laser beam pickup to read the disk. Unlike CD-ROM or WORM drives, however, you can write to these disks, erase your files, and write over them. The laser technology makes the drives extremely reliable, virtually silent, and somewhat more expensive than conventional hard drives. The small size of the data disk means, however, that it stores appreciably less than the full-sized optical disks (128MB or 121MB formatted versus 600MB). DMI’s floptical drive uses a new technology that packs 21MB of data (19MB formatted) onto what appears to be an ordinary 3 Vii-inch floppy disk. The differ- Continued on p. 54. Pro Page: Error Reading File” There’s more to graphics than just IFF Professional Page 3.0 and PageStream 2.2 both can import IFF bitmap pictures. But let’s face it in the real world, IFF pictures are not that readily available. Unless your desktop publisher can read GIF, TIFF, PCX, IMG and MacPaint pictures, you are missing out on the vast selection of commercial and public domain graphics. When you try to import a GIF or TIFF picture into ProPage, you are faced with the “Error Reading File” message. To use other graphic formats with ProPage, you must acquire an array of conversion utilities. File formats are something you shouldn’t have to worry about. Your desktop publisher should do the work for you. Support' PageStream: No Problem PageStream 2.2: More formats, More flexibility PageStream 2.2 is not limited to IFF pictures like ProPage
3. 0. IFF, GIF, TIFF, PCX, IMG, IFF, NEO, STAD, CVG and MacPaint are no problem for PageStream. From black and white to 16 million colors, no other desktop publisher comes close to PageStream in flexibility and power. Of course, PageStream also supports more vector graphic, PostScript and text import options than any other Amiga desktop publisher. PageStream 2.2 has ir all: more power and more flexibility. At S299.93, PageStream is your best DTP value. HotLinks Editions: Connecting the Future The Amiga’s multitasking operating system revolutionized computers by allowing multiple programs to run simultaneously, HotLinks continues the Amiga revolution, permitting programs to exchange data in real time to make you more productive. With HotLinks, you can import pictures into PageStream and touch them up at any time in BME. Or edit and format text from PageStream in PagcLiner. Or vice versa. The possibilities are endless. I he best news is chat all of this power is affordable. HotLinks Editions combines HotLinks, BME and PageLiner for only $ 99.95. More HotLinks programs are on the way from several Amiga developers. Look for Phis logo when hup ing pov erfu! Amiga s ofP ware' ' > HotLinks » Soft-Logik Publishing Corporation A We give you (he tools to dream. 800-829-8608 PageStream, BME and PageLiner are registered trademarks or trademarks oi Soft-Logik Publishing Corp. I he HotLinks name is reserved for software compatible with the HotLinks standard set by Soft-Logik Publishing. I he HotLinks logo can only be used with the permission of Soft-Logik Publishing. Professional Page is a registered trademark of Gold Disk Inc. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore Business Machines. PageStream 2.2 HI. Is available free of charge to registered owners of PageStream 2.0. 2.1 and 2.2. Please pay S10 in US funds for the disk and shipping. A 2.2 to 2.2 1IL patch program is available on Genic. CompuServe and our BBS. Customers outside the USA and Canada should phone*314-894-8608. Circle 46 on Reader Service card. Here are some hands-on tips for Amiga animators and videographers who want to try their hands at the hottest digital craze in the and ‘ - ' " 'mage morphing. IT'S WILD. ADDICTIVE,'nimsandtelevi- What is it? Image morphing* Sccnes that sion commercials are flooded an_ seamlessly transform from one |maS k other. Trucks that shrink into racing . , stars that turn into panthers, anc t ie . Sic face-to-face morph are just a few exa The process has spawned some of the moi fantastic special effects in the entertainment industry. Although much of the image morphing in the advertising industry is based on high-end proprietary' software, the Amiga with some very exciting new image-processing packages is ready to make its mark in the morphing game in a big way. Black Belt Systems' Imagemaster (S 199.95) was the first Amiga program to offer image morphing, and now two other heavy flitters in die Amiga field Great Valley Products (GVP) and ASDG are about to make a splash. We’ll i Wastes in the main take a look at.r?°1 - „imagemaster as our wf 3 "nVingppjm ? ??dci> us accompanying the ari.de w,U , ;.n vide sneak previews of beta vers.ons of ihe two highly promismg newcomcrs-a GVP product that is currently code-named Mirage and ASDG’s Morph Plus. The “Real” Thing Image morphing should not be confused with three-dimensional metamorphosis. The two processes are distinctly different; morphing involves flat (2-D) images, while metamorphosis is concerned with three-dimensional objects. In a metamorphosis, you create two clif- ferent 3-D objects with corresponding points. Over a given number of frames, you move the points from the first obierr m ___ i mark SWAIN The main problem with metamorphosis is that 3-D modeling has not vei evolved to a stage where a photorealistic image, say, a human face or that of an animal, can easily he created without a cyber scanner not to mention the nightmare of moving a few thousand points for the transformation to operate correct Iv. As you will see later in the article, however, you can use 2-D image-morphing techniques to help create 3-D animation sequences. A more realistic approach to computer-graphics transformations is to start with real images. Video frames and photographs of real people or objects are perfect subjects for morphing. With the use of real images, it is not surprising that many people hardly realize this type of special effect is computer generated. Morphing is accomplished by stretching and squashing both the source and destination image into the same graphic space. For example, in the case of morphing a truck into a car, you stretch the car image to (ill exactly the same area as the truck image. The headlights, windshield, and grill of both vehicles should match as closely as possibly. As the morph progresses, the car image slowly returns to its original form as the truck image squashes into the shape of the car. A cross-dissolve is applied to the image sequence. Creating the illusion that a magical transformation has taken place. While the process may sound complicated and does take a bit of time to set up, morphing turns out to be a rather simple, yet impressive technique. Morph Basics With Imagemaster. Simply load your beginning and ending images, then select the morphing option from the Composition panel. The two images are displayed in one-quarter size next to each other at the top of the screen. A control panel located at the bottom of the screen contains all the morphing tools you will need. Start morphing by placing points on the first image along the edges and features of the subject you wish to morph. Basically, these points move a give number of pixels under them in a given direction a method similar to that of a controlled smear with sharp edges that you can perform with some paint programs. With each point moving only a few hundred pixels, it is necessary to use numerous points close together. As you place die points on the first image, they will also appear on the second. You do the morph by moving the points on the second image so as to correspond to the same features in the first. This lets Imagemaster push both images into MIRAGE: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO WARP A BRAND-NEW image-processing system from CA P sporting the code name “Mirage** is about to make some giant "warping” strides into the morphing arena. The image-morphing function in Mira ere is drastically different from O J that of Imagemaster. Morphing in Mirage closely resembles the techniques used bv high-end spccial-eflects systems. The program’s image morphing is based on a spline mesh that actually warps the image instead of pushing or pulling pixels. This allows for cleaner edges, better alignment of subjects’ features, and a smoother morph overall. The morphing function in Mirage can be found in the Hooks requester, accessible from the main menu. Mirage provides a familiar two-window display, with the source and destination images each displayed in their own windows. You can rescale each of the windows all the way to full screen, allowing for detailed morphing setups. Individual morphing tools are available via convenient pull-down menus. To set up a Mirage morph, first load With GVP’s Mirage, transforming one image into another is a process of image warping rather than image morphing. The same graphic shape. Applying a cross-dissolve during the shape change produces die morphed sequence. Prepare to Morph Software that allows the Amiga to morph is only part of the process. 'The preparation of the morph subjects is of vital importance, and there are some general rules of thumb you should follow. It is best to frame each of the subjects as closely as you can. With the subjects framed tightly and in a similar fashion, it is easier to set up the morph so that it will produce as smooth a sequence as possible. The edges of the screen should be considered off limits for Imagemaster users. If the morph subject touches the edge of the screen, Imagemaster has a tendency to pull black patches into the frame. Also, as most backgrounds do not morph well, photograph your subject in front of a plain background or a solid-colored wall. If some other background must be used, shoot it first with the subjects and then without them. Using a paint program, you can remove the unwanted background, leaving only the morph subjects. In this way, you can set up your morph sequence using the cut-out subjects and later composite the original background behind the morphed frames. Separating morph subjects is also a good way to morph more than one item at a time. If a scene requires a car seat, dashboard, and door panel to morph at the same time, the morph becomes difficult to set up in one pass. To complete the scene, separate the items, create a morph sequence for each one, and then composite all of the finished morphed elements together. More Morphing Possibilities So far, we have dealt essentially with still morphs, but the technique is easily applied lo full-motion morphs, as well. What happens in that case is that you perform a still morph between each frame of the source-image sequence and its corresponding frame in the destina- tion-image sequence. Morphing each pair together, you can then render whatever number of morphed frames are necessary for the proper motion sequence. This process, unfortunately, can become veiy labor intensive, because you must set up each frame of the sequence individually to perform each separate morph. CAT's "Mirage" program, however, does provide an image-sequencc load option that makes doing a full-motion morph quite a bit easier, .As mentioned earlier, you can also employ image morphing in creating three-dimensional animation sequences. I he technique serves to simplify the process of creating complex 3-D objects that must morph into other 3-D objects in a given scene. Simply render the ? An image into both the source and destination windows. A spline mesh is then displayed over each of the images, with a series of points at the intersections of the mesh. You pull the sourcc-image mesh to match the edges and features of the morph subject, and then manipulate the destination-image mesh to match the corresponding edges and features of the destination image. Editing options are available for setting a timing curve for the dissolve, as well as for specifying kevframe rates. You can set the cuives r manually or use one of four presets linear, sinusoidal, hyperbolic, or fiat. The final sequence should produce a smoothly morphed transition. Because the version of Mirage I used for this article was very much a beta one, I was not able to create a morph sequence lor illustration in this article. The segment of the sequence that does appear here was produced by developers at CAT working with the latest version of the software just prior lo the time this article went to press. M.S. ? Objects in their correct screen locations with a plain background. Load the images into the appropriate morphing software, squashing and stretching them into a perfectly morphed sequence. Then, in a way similar to the background-compositing technique discussed earlier, you can create a computer-generated background that will later be composited behind each of the morphed frames. This is how the movie studios accomplished some of the more complicated 3-1) morphs in such films as The Abyss and Terminator 2. Project “Morphasaurus” To conclude our tour of image morphing, here is an Imagemaster project, some of the components of which can be seen in the illustration opening this article. My “Morphasaurus” example involves a human head that transforms into a dinosaur head a twist on the classic face-to-face morph. While the face-to-face variety is immensely popular right now, remember that there are still vast untapped possibilities for image morphing available to the creative Amiga user. Once you get the hang of morphing, I urge you to try some of them. It may be interesting to morph totally dissimilar objects, like a sports car and a person. The shapes and textures that a dissimilar morph generate are fascinating to watch. Also, try morphing a single image with no dissolve. I bis type of morph can stretch and bend the image into an assortment of unusual shapes. For now, however, let's concentrate on the morphasaurus. The two images required for the morph were first captured with the Video Toaster, while the background was painted a solid-blue color. T he first image (me) was framed in the center, with only the neck and shoulders touching the bottom of the screen to offset Imagemaster s tendency (noted earlier) to pull in black patches from the edges of the screen. The image of the dinosaur head, provided by Criswell Productions in Van Nuvs, California, was framed as closelv as possible to match the first image. Using Imagemaster, I loaded the first image into the primary buffer and the second image into the secondary buffer. Lo start morphing, von first define the features of the morph subject eyes, mouth, nose, and hairline. I he reason for detailing the inside features first is that due to linagemastcr s small morphing windows, you may MORPH PLUS A FEW THINGS MORE A PIONEER IN quality image processing, ASDCi has recently been working on a new set of advanced image-processing tools. The result is Morph Plus, scheduled to begin shipping this fall, which works as both a stand-alone package or as an upgrade set of modules for Al) Pro 2. Morph Plus is strikingly different from other morphing programs currently available for the Amiga or, in u fact, for the Macintosh. The software is a hybrid product that combines several high-end techniques into a unique and very impressive interface. While other programs depend upon dual windows to display the source and destination images for setting up a morph, Morph Plus uses the full screen for both the beginning and ending images. You can display either image individually, or you can toggle an “onion skin" transparency mode (similar to that of Electronic Arts’ DeluxePaint IV or Disney’s Animation Studio) to instantly show the differences between the morph subjects. Setting points in Morph Plus is accomplished in a somewhat different way than in Imagemaster's point-setup mode. Each “point" is actually a vector that connects specific points on the two diHerein images. Each vector mathematically warps the image in a given direction according to its beginning and ending points, which are respectively depicted by a solid and open square. Once they’re established, you can view your “points” as line segments or as individual points. To help tell which points are which, you can number them. You can also zoom in on the image to differentiate between points that lie very close together. Once vou have loaded your source and destination files, AD Pro automatically converts them and displays the source in a full-size screen. Stalling with either image, vou outline the features of the morph subjects, using the appropriate end of the vector. The program is ASDG's Morph Plus offers an arsenal of tools for producing morphs, warps, and other image*processing functions. Quickly encounter great numbers of points that become too close together to move easily. Place the points on the source image, using the A del Points command. When placed, the source points will appear in the same x y locations on the destination image. You then move these points so that they correspond to the same feature of the destination image. Via die Swap All command, Imagcmaster causes the images and the points to change windows so that you can work on particular portions of the morph subject. In my huinan-faee-to-dinosaur-face morph, the eyes ol the dinosaur are much larger than the eyes in the O j human image. I used the Swap command so that I could outline the larger eyes of the dinosaur more easily; these points could then be moved into a tighter pattern around the human eyes. In general, the Swap command allows the user to pick the features 011 either image that are the simplest around which to manipulate points. The number of points used depends on the complexity ol the feature. You can morph a human eve with as few as eight or ten points, but, generally, the more points you use, the smoother the edges of the morphed subject will be. Once you have arranged a particular feature of the morph subject, you can place the outline points of that subject. These points should simply outline the head, neck, neckline, and shoulders. Space these points evenly, keeping the total down to a fairly moderate number. The final editing of the morph will depend on the dissolve curve and number of frames vou choose. I have discovered the best curve is one that starts slowly, dissolves quickly through a few frames, and then ends slowly. This type of curve works well because the dissolve is quickly animated and is tints less noticeable. With the x and y resolutions set, you can commence morphing. A good way to test the morphed animation is to use Fmagemaster's Film Strip tool, or to render the animation in low resolution. When you are satisfied, you can render the finished animation frames in full 24-bit high-resohuion IFF or any other formal you wish. ¦ Mark Swain is a California-based freelance writer, video post producer, and computer animator. He is currently working on the new Babylon 5 TV series due to air sometime later this year. W rite to him c o .AmigaWorld Editorial, SO Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458. Capable of matching as many features as you are willing to set up. In testing Morph Flus on two human laces, il was possible to perfectly match the head, haii; nose bridge, nostrils, facial creases, and so on, tight down to the inner ears and pupils of the eyes. Once the morph vectors have been set, they are connected to a ribbon * mesh, which allows for ultra-smooth manipulation, warping the image precisely along the mesh path. The program renders the morph at the rate of approximately three minutes per frame. It can perform true, fiill-motion morphs with the help of an updated version of the company’s FRED (FRame Editotj program, which is included in the package with Morph Plus. .Morph Plus’s single-image Warping mode blends and stretches images with the same methods that are used in the two-image morphing module. For example, if you want to make a person’s head grow over a defined number of frames, image warping provides the means. Warps and morphs, however, are only part of Morph Plus. Its Ripple Generator, which ASDG describes as using ray-trace-style computations, allows you to cover an image with transparent material (water, glass, crystal, gelatin, and so forth) and then create ripples in it. You can create multiple ripples and make their waves interact when they come into contact with each other. Perhaps most important of all, because you can access Morph Plus via Arexx and use it with other AD Pro features, you can combine any of Morph Plus’s effects to create even more complex animations. While they do take a bit more time to perform than some of the popular hardware effects (like those done with the Video Toaster), the output is excellent and free of any artifacts or pixelizations commonly encountered with real-time products. Lou Wallace and Mark Swain ? N n 11 n i u i n 111 ii 1111 ui[i mi hi i Utrnrn RECORD VTR EJH'h Waveform Monrfor VecTorscope Video Lines AMIGA cr" Successful Video & 3 c- -a r a If you want to get serious about desktop video, here’s a no-nonsense guide to building a good, medium-priced studio using the growing family of Amiga-based video-production tools. He Amiga, in conjunction with NewTek’s Video Toaster, is at the center of the current desktop-video revolution. Today, a moderately priced video studio based on this dynamic duo can compete with megabuck professional-video facilities. If you’re ready to step into the world of video production, but not ready to sign away a few hundred thousand dollars, then grab this guide for building your own .Amiga-based studio and start planning. (To locate vendors of the products mentioned, see the “Manufacturers Distributors ’ Addresses’’ list on p. 98.) Ia How It All Began For years, the world of video producers was artificially segmented by manufacturers into a rigid caste system of “consumer,” “industrial,” and “broadcast.” This marketing strategy resulted in the signal quality of equipment targeted to the consumer and industrial niches sometimes being purposely degraded by company engineers so that it would not pose competition for their own broadcast products which were kept exorbitantly expensive. When NewTek’s Video Toaster popped up at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) convention in Las Vegas in April, 1991, this all began to change. Ironically, it was the recession-plagued broadcasters who exploded the biggest bombs under the old system and launched the desktop-video revolution into high orbit. Revenues were nose-diving in 1991, but broadcasters still had to compete with sophisticated and expensive MTV-style digital video effects. The Toaster's combination of affordability, versatility, and high-quality D2 NTSC video processing caught their attention. Suddenly, Amigas and Toasters began appearing in posh Hollywood facilities, cable studios, broadcast stations, and small studios across the land. The “NewTek Revolution” fractured technofallacies that had plagued independent videomakers for years. Production quality* today is as much a result of creativity and content as it is of cost. With careful attention to how you tell the story and to maintaining basic quality standards, a modestly priced studio can create distinctive video. The desktop-video revolution is based on a new ethic: “the best possible quality at the lowest possible cost for every one.” A good, medium-priced Amiga-based studio that can be upgraded as you go along will be built with the Video Toaster 2.0 ($ 2495, NewTek) at its core. If you have an Amiga 2000 (the most likely choice), you may want to add a MegAChip 2000 board ($ 349 including the Agnus chip, DKB Software) to bring your chip RAM up to two megabytes so your system will be able to handle heavy graphics and multitasking demands. Having at least 7MB of fast RAM is also wise. If you have an Amiga 3000, you need the Toaster Cozzy ($ 798, Heifner Communications; bundled with the Video Toaster 2.0, $ 2690). If you have a souped-up By Patric Hedlund A500 with a video slot, the Cozzy can also bring you into the ranks of Toaster users. For heft)' projects such as feature films and television series, multiple Amigas are often networked together with other computers. As your studio develops, you may add additional computer power. Because of the desktop explosion, PC and Mac developers are scrambling to make their equipment talk to the Amiga Toaster now. Connectivity is the word of the future. The heart and soul of my studio is the Amiga Toaster, but we use Macs and Pcs for business, databases, scripting, and storyboards. A PC clone services the Amiga Toaster by providing extra slots for video cards and supporting a tape logger and edit controller with triggers for the Toaster and video decks. At the core, the Amiga Toaster is used for production, all post production, and generating print graphics for marketing and storyboards. Format Wars Whether your source footage is animation, live-aclion single camera, live-action multicamera, stills, archive footage, or a combination of all of them, the first and most formidable question you'll encounter is which video format to choose. The bad news is that there are a ton of choices. In ascending order of quality they are: 8, VIIS, 7i-inch, Hi8, SYHS, 7->-inch SP, Betacam' MIL Betacam SP, 1-inch, D2, and Film. The good news is that among them, you will find something to fit your budget. In general, the component and digital-encoding Formats fA-inch SP, SYI IS, HiS, 1)2, and Betacam SP) are later technologies with more sophisticated handling of the chroma and luminance (Y C) segments of the NTSC video signal. No matter which format you choose, however, the ability to carry real SMPTK time code is critical. (See “Frames of Reference,” Amiga World 1992 Special Issue, p. 27, for a detailed discussion of time code.) The quality of your camera and lens will have as significant a bearing on picture quality as will the format. For single-camera field production, there are versatile camera heads that host dockable tape-recorder "backs.” The Sony DXC 537 can handle Betacam or HiS backs and even the Panasonic AG7450 SVHS backs. Betacam SP with time code is often the first choice of those who can afford it, but in rough environments or low-budgct assignments, many vicleographers today have confidence in HiS as a first-generation format suitable for news and documentary programs. The Sony DXC 325 3CCD with a Fujinon lens and the EW9000 recorder also get good reports. Don’t be misled, though; HiS is a format used for low-cost sourcing, best converted immediately to a n7 i higher format. Few professional producers would consider creating an edited master in HiS. Also, keep in mind that when using I li8 tape, Metal Particle stock is recommended. The Sony Metal Evaporated tends to crack and destroy video information. Black Boxes and Other Video Mysteries WHAT CONVERTS AN expensive stack of metal and silicon cimuirv into a powerful video-production system? Video engineers will tell yon it's all in the liming. Vs am looiball learn
• u stockbroker knows, good liming is rarelv a matter of accident. I lie video engineer's secret is a series of black boxes, cables, arid connectors that work powerful magic without a single eagle I eat bet or chicken i law. House Svnc It begins with a kind of metronome for video devices, a synchronizing pulse, called master sync m the bouse ivleieiue signal ti.e., "bouse svnc"). The source of ibis pulse can be am lies ice that emits stable and steady RS170A video-timing signals. Mam people buy a special black-burst generator such as the Horita BSG-50 ($ 289). Others dedicate a video-cam - era head (no lens required). Tim i.-Base Cokrec; i o k.n Although the kleo loasicrcnu accept video inputs from a camera without signal collection, video horn any videotape source needs to he processed by a time-base correc tor (TI5( ¦)• It coordinates the video signal to the house sync so that the switt her and the editor can combine video sottttes without anv elect ion it hit cups. I B(’s should have easily accessible "procan ip" (proccss-aniplifuatioh) contiols for adjusting components «• I the video signal such as ihmiuu. Hue. Luminance. And black levels. Traditionally. I Bcs were real blac k boxes outside tlie V( K. Today, several VCRs have built-in MIC is. And TBC (aids that slip right into tire Amiga are emerging. Many people, however, prefer external TIU'.s because: I) isolation prevents the signal noise that can be introduced into your video when several devii es tliat are close logethei share the same power supply; 2) it’s nice to have knobs to wrap your fingers around when von discover you forgot to col- oi-balance voin camera during a (i idea! Scene and now need I«> try to “correct it in post"; and 3) most newer external i Rcs have a convenient freeze-fra me button that is instant, stable, and amazingly useful. These stand-alone units, however, usually cost between $ 1200 and $ 4200. Ibr that reason, the new soli- waie-tonirolled internal I B( . Cards, til about S900 pet channel, have ap- peal loi even the most conservative producer. The Personal TBC II ($ 890. Digital Processing Systems), bn example, is a single-channel TBC card that delivers impressive results. The Kitchen Syne ($ 1895, Digital Creations) isa two-channel I 1U with external controls that operate as il von were setting a digital wristwaich rather than using a traditional outboard TBC. F.DEN*s TBCard ($ 99a; with I R7 remote control, $ 1020) provides an outboard-! Iox option lor those who like to twirl the knobs. It is also the onlv card available at this writing with true interlaced Irec c- Irame i apabilitv. Be aware of the difference between firm frame and fueu field. Several 1 BC cards offer a single video-field freeze, which is not broadcast standard and often jitteis. Timf. Code SMPTK lime-coile readers generators arc what make your desktop- video studio actually smart. Using SMP I E code (a standard developed by the Society lor Motion hr tine and lelcvision Engineers) gives a name and address to every one of yotii video picture frames. If yon know the tape reel and time-codc number, von can ask your edit controller to anv picture sequence lor von. True SMP I E code must be liatne locked. Some devices sav thev have timecode. But il it is not SMP I I standard, you will rapidly outgrow them. 1 be l.dili ei edit coittioller (discussed in the main article) provides a built- in reader generator (for ETC) at no extra cost. Horita offers a wide assortment of limr-code readers generators and window-duli inserters, stu b as the TG-50 ($ 379), and even a VI TC-LTC translator, the VLT-50 (S289). I lot ita is a good company to check with when yon are looking lot a blnck-hox solution to a problem at a reasonable price. Test Equipment lest devices like waveform monitors and vector'scopes are windows into the elet t ionic subcomponents of your video signal. Once you’ve added a time-base corrector with proc-amp and color-correction adjustments, it’s essential to see exactly what all that knob twisting is accomplishing. The video motiiioi alone is not sufficient. A waveform monitor allows you to make sure that ciitic.d levels are within quality parame- Sourcing in SVHS and 7>-inch SP Formats is most popular among producers who plan their production For what is sometimes referred to as an “off-line online,” using a mid-level video studio to produce the finished master rather than going to a high-priced online house. (“On-line” originally referred to equipment that was directly connected to and controlled by a central computer unit. Most production is now computer- integrated at every phase, so “on-line” refers to an expensive “finishing” process For video that includes and is akin to “sweetening” for audio.) A word of caution about light cameras: Except for stylized sequences, your most professional look will come from using a good fluid-head tripod, or a device like the SteadiCam Jr. ($ 595, Cinema Products). There are other solutions, but remember that unassisted hand-held shooting often results in critical material having to be discarded. For multicamera switched production, Duarte Public Access Cable, like many cable systems, uses the Toaster as the center of the studio serving as an on-line switcher and character generator during live production, then doubling as part of the editing system in post production. In this configuration, your cameras will need to be “genlockable,” that is, able to receive an incoming genlock line to keep their signals timed to either a lead camera or a master “house sync” source. (We will discuss system, or “house,” sync further on in this article.) The cameras feed into the Toaster’s four inputs to appear on the switcher bus, and die Program Out goes to your recorder. In multicamera productions, the recorder is often a table-top model rather than a portable. These same decks double as part of the editing system for post production. Popular decks range in price from $ 8000 for the Sony VO9850 7.-inch SP ($ 1315 with optional SMPTE reader generator) and $ 6500 for the Panasonic AG7750 (including built-in TBC) down to $ 2000 for the JVC BR-S605U (including HiFi plus two linear audio tracks and time-code jacks) for low- budget productions. Note that if you are going to use SMPTE time code, unless your deck has a VITC (Vertical Interval Time Code) mode, you will need two audio tracks so that one can be used for the EEC (Longitudinal Time Code) track. Some decks, such as the Panasonic SVHS AG 1960, have only one linear audio track, although an adapter box from Carlson Strand approximately $ 300 makes it possible to use time code and output HiFi audio at the same time. Film and Animation Sourcing on film is an option. The technology' for SMPTE-coded Film is being rapidly refined by Kodak, which is marketing a device to conform film SMPTE to video transfers. In this way, filmmakers can do postproduction mastering on video for distribution in video, cable, or broadcast, or go back to a final film cut. ? Ters that will allow the video to be dubbed into distribution copies or broadcast without breaking up. A vertorscopc provides a 360-degree look at the color signal, with “targets" lor aligning your red. Green, bine, yellow, and cyan. Trying to produce time-base-corrected video without these tools is as reckless as putting on a blindfold for a highspeed chase through LA traffic. Tektronix is one ol the older and more reliable names in manufacturing test equipment for broadcast engineers, but the price tags for its units $ 2000 to $ 5000 are a little steep lor most desktop-video studios. On the other hand. Digital Processing Systems, offers the VM2000 Personal V-Scope NTSC Waveform Monitor Veclorscope ($ 995) card for youi Amiga, and Magiti sells external devices that provide a vector’scope ($ 1 195), a waveform monitor‘ = $ 1 195), or hot 11 (SI 795). (See this months' Video Suite on page 48 for details.) All Monitors Are Not Created Equal No one would considei setting up a video studio without a monitor. Vet. Technicallv speaking, some systems would he belter oil with nothing at all than with monitors that are prone to lie to you. Unfortunately, many monitors ate rigged with special circuits specifically designed to tell you yout video looks belter than it does. I hose lovely, low-cost Trinitrons are nice to look at. Ian they are deceiving. In laci, don’t buy a monitor with color- correct ion circuits unless they can be disabled. ()tie apprnat h lor the low-bndget studio is to use low-cost (even black- and-white) monitors on your source decks. Liuv one good monitor lor the output of the edit dct k. This is your “program monitor," and you will need to set n updailv to create a stable "standard reference” for your video system. 'lb do this, you need to generate color hats dircctlv into the monitor and then adjust the lute (phase), chroma (tnlor), contrast, and luminance (brightness) on the program monitor. Even good "eyeballing" can leave ou as much as !59t out of phase, so route the signal Irom the mouitoi into vour waveform monitor and vector'scope to ensure that your setup is accurate. There arc mans monitors vou can choose from. One very picky engineer suggests the Panasonic CT Series (SM90-$ l)40) as good, low-end monitors. A mote expensive but excellent choice is the Panasonic BT Series ($ 050-$ ,$ 90). Don’t drive yourself cra y trying to gel your monitors to match; they frequently just won't do so. Set sour program monitor once a day. And then don't touch those dials'. If you do not like the w.i the video looks, just accept that as bad news and get bin k to your source video and the procamp controls. Thai's what your program monitor is there for; to let you know vou have a problem while vou are still in a position to do something about it. Combatting the Video-Deiay Demon Routing a video signal through any device will slow the signal down slightlv. For years, engineers have built video-delav lines into studio systems to compensate lor the color shifts that are introduced as video winds through the signal path on us way to your master tape. (Computer-based processors have a greater amount of delay. Delay through the Ibastcr is about 4(10 155 nanoseconds ms), and "it’s enough to turn vour brown eves blue." Dclav be- ¦i* «¦ J comes a problem when you mix the I busier out pul with pre Toaster video, such as when you have another spe- cial-ellects generator downstream from the loaster. A black box called an active videodelay line can lie plugged into yout system to correct the problem. Active delay lines allow timing correction without the insertion Ions and distortion typically associated with passive delav lines. Network Electronic Enterprises' VDL1 (one-channel, $ 045) and VDL2 (two-channel, $ 1925) broad- casi-qualitv active delay lines allow programmable delay range up to 555ns. CCI Electronics combines active delay correctors in video distri- Iniiion-amplilier (DA) packages, such as the 800-3 ($ 500; one in, seven out, with Ironr-panel active delay) and the 800-8 Dual Active Delay Amplifier ($ 595; with two composite-video channels and two Das). CCI also makes several compositc-to-V C component lianscodeiN, all at reasonable pi ices. PH ? Sync Generator T I b RECORD VTR SOURCE A SOURCE B i ¦ .-l r~ t
- t~ i i i t i If i i i i ¦ u I I I I I ] I I 1 I I I i I I I I i I 1 I I I I I I I I . ! : I l I : I i l I__ i i i i i i t i i i i j i i i i i i i. I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i Distribution Amp. Active Video Delay m ¦ > i r~ i
- .---.j i i----- i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i • i i i i_ _ I___ "j A 1 SPECIAL EFX GEN CAMERA £ ' 1 1 ' 1 1 l I I ) l ' I ? 't'f EDIT CONTROLLER With Time Code Reader Generator TBCjTBC B I A TOASTER Legend Sync Signal
• • • Program Video Out ' Edit Controller Lines ZZZZ Video Signal Lines AMIGA GPI Trigger J Figure 1. Post-production studio setups, (Diagram drawn by Patric Hedlund, in consultation with Network Electronic Enterprises,) If animations are your specialty, the same format options exist, including transferring high-quality masters onto film. There are a number of stop-frame software controllers, such as the Nucleus Single Frame Controller ($ 425, Nucleus Electronics), available for animators using time-code-equipped video tape decks for frame-by-frame recording. This is often tough on tape transports and prone to recorder error if you do not have a specially equipped deck. An alternative method of compiling your animation frames is The Moviemaker ($ 499.95, Interactive Video Systems), a graphic-screen, frame-by-frame edit-point system (with true SMPTE coding) that compiles on a hard disk at 100MB per minute. For instance, with a 400MB hard drive, you can edit in the digital domain adjusting real-time playbacks until you are satisfied and then record over to a video recorder in full
3. 5-minute segments. That is a massive saving of wear and tear on your equipment and yourself. You can use this technique with any normal Amiga display mode (DCTV S399, Digital Creations works well here) to compile animations in PAL or NTSC, providing you have at least a 25-MHz ’030 accelerator, expanded memory, and a high-speed hard drive. Keeping the editing process in the digital domain for as long as possible is also where video editing is moving. .Although the video quality of systems that use digitizing techniques to compress and manipulate the picture is not yet up to acceptable standards, it is being rapidly refined. Apple’s QuickTime Movies, as well as the Avici, Montage, Emc, and Matrox systems, are examples of evolving nonlinear and cut-ancl-paste editing options for video producers. Several of these are used for expensive productions and sitcoms, although their final product is not actually video, but a computer list of SMPTE numbers the EDL (Edit Decision List) which is used by another computer recorder system to assemble a final tape- based video master. You can do the same for much less money in your own studio today. It * Post Production The Toaster offers many of the automated effects you formerly would have paid for at an expensive on-line studio. That’s one reason this new “middle ground” of desktop-video studios is thriving. In post production, the Toaster will serve as your editing switcher, character generator, and so on. Later, you may decide to include an additional switcher for even more flexibility. Next to the loastet; the most critically important element in the desktop-video revolution is a new generation of edit-system controllers. The recent advances in these systems is remarkable. Efficient edit-control soft- ware now automates what was once the most detailed ? Finally! True Cinematic Quality Morphing For The Amiga®! ASDG is not the first to advertise "cinematic quality morphing" for the Commodore Amiga®. Having seen the other products, there's obviously more than one way to define that term. To us, "cinematic quality morphing" means these things:
• Morphing must be fast. In a production environment, time is money. ASDG's MorphPlus" is the fastest morphing product available for the Commodore Amiga". MorphPlus~ powers through complicated full overscan morphs 3 to 11 times faster than the other products. Fastest ....MorphPlus'" Easiesl-To-Use ...MorphPlus™ Highest Quality .Me>rphPlus™
• Morphing must be easy. Experts in the field praise the intuitive design of the MorphPlus" user interface which lets them create sophisticated full motion morphs in minutes instead of weeks.
• Morphing must be high quality (so that it truly can be used for cinematic or professional video applications). MorphPlus" is already in use in Hollywood productions, replacing high end systems. This is what we mean by "cinematic quality morphing." If these are the criteria you would use, then MorphPlus" is the choice you should make. See it at your local dealer! 925 Stewart Street Madison, Wl 53713 608 273-6585 What's The Plus? Mfmtr and time-intensive part of the production process, substituting for an entire team of coworkers. Here’s how:
1. As you review your production tapes, type your log notes directly into the edit-system computer, controlling the viewing deck with the keyboard and mouse.
2. With a single keystroke, capture SMPTK code points from the tape segments of your best scenes. 1 he computer will automatically prim the SMPTE numbers into the log.
3. Electronically cut and paste the log segments you want to include in your finished program. 1 hild! You have created vour EDL,
4. Tell the computer where you want Toaster wipes, titles, and framestore effects; it will insert those transitions into the EDL.
F) . Sit back and call for dinner reservations as the computer directs the decks to auto-assemblc your program. One of the best edit-control tools on anv platform is The Editizer ($ 1995, TAO). It is an A B-roll graphic screen editor that controls the Toaster plus six other edit-system devices. It is a great value, with three frame-locked SMPTE LTC readers and an LTC time- codegenerator built into the control box, making it unnecessary to pay extra for internal time-code readers in your decks (although it will work with decks that have internal LTC or VITC readers). It does the logging noted above, and in addition remembers all Toaster settings and DPS Ii TBC (see sidebar) settings for each edit. It has seven GPI (General Purpose Interface) triggers to cue audio decks, laser discs, and other source equipment. It also allows you to search your log and EDL list comments by key words or time code. I’ve found it to be frame accurate using time code. The Editizer supports RS422, Sony Control L, or RS232 serial ports for controlling decks, with an optional adapter unit to control parallel decks allowing it to operate nearly every consumer and professional VCR on the market. The Editizer software runs on a 386 PC clone (PC!, SVGA monitor, and 40MB hard drive all for $ 888) with Windows ($ 105). The clone box is also handy as a kind of bus extender for the Amiga, providing additional serial ports, card slots, and power supply for add-on TBC cards, such as the DPS II, and the DPS Vecior-Wavelorm Monitor card (see sidebar). You can also save your edit lists and logs on the PC hard drive, reserving space on the Amiga for animations and framestores. AmiLink VT ($ 5530, RGB Computers & Video) is a professional-level A B editor for the Amiga that can also talk to the Toaster. It docs not have the logging capability noted above, but it does have a single-frame controller utility with adjustable frame rates for animation. It fits into an Amiga PC slot. To coordinate the tape decks, Ami Link uses VLAN nodes (Video Local Area Network) which are accurate, but costly at $ 1 1 15 each to talk with up to 16 source VTRs, an addit ional switcher, and four record decks in your edit studio. AmiLink will read VITC and LTC time code if you already have time-code cards in your decks. It allows you to edit your EDL, and, like The Editizer, it does a great job talking Toaster storing your wipes, DVEs, and Cgs in its edit list. It will trigger auto-loading of the DVI and DV2 framestores, and it allows fading to effects and key setups. The MediaPhile (Interactive MicroSystems) line of video products oilers a logging system that integrates with the company's low-end edit-control system. Have a look and appreciate the senates this product line offers, but a del up what you might actually end up paying for the full system and then compare that with other alternatives. The difficulty inherent in remote infrared command targetting (decks starting at the same time or not starting at all) may be a formula for frustration. Studio Setups Now, let’s examine Figure i to see how the primary hardware in a simple post-production studio fits together. Your first-level studio equipment appears in bluish-purple. Later, you may wish to include additional pieces of equipment, such as those shown in red. (Audio equipment has been deleted from this chart for simpler reading; but see “Anatomy of a MIDI Studio,” Apr. ’92, p. 37, for helpful audio details.) The first-level studio has a single source YTR. Often called a “cuts-onlv” system. With the Toaster, its charac- j j * ter generator, and your framestore buffers, however, you can create the impact of mnltisource dissolves, wipes, and effects in your productions. The second-level studio includes another source TR (for A B editing), a graphics camera, and an auxiliary special-effects generator. The signal from the black-burst generator (upper-left corner of the diagram) passes through a distribution amplifier and is fed to the entire system to keep all video components synchronized. The video output from each videotape source machine passes through a time-base corrector (TBC), one for each tape source, and then into the Toaster inputs. The Program output of the Toaster passes into the Master Record VCR. Monitors are connected to the video output of each VCR. Having test equipment and knowing how to use it is important. A waveform monitor and vectorscope should be on line so you can set up your equipment properly and monitor adjustments made to video signals through the TBCs. The Edit Controller is your steering wheel to the system, allowing you to control all decks and the switcher from a single convenient console. SMPTE time-code readers for each deck and a SMPTE time-code generator allow you to accurately call up the tape segments you want to work with. Although not shown here, a patch bay is useful for organizing your cabling and allowing llcxiblc routing between pieces of equipment without recabling everything. Your production will be both creative and professional if you take care to maintain a high-quality signal path through each piece of equipment in your studio. The sidebar “Black Boxes and Other Video Mysteries” will j tell you how. ¦ Patric Hedlund is a Los Angeles-based director who has just finished a 37-part video series entitled Computers, Freedom 8c Privacy. She is currently developing a television series about humor and creativity in cyberspace. She wishes to thank Gary Meyer, Don Kadora, Walt Davis Enterprises, and Nigel Redman for research assistance. Write to Hedlund c o Amiga- World Editorial, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458. DIGITAL TEST TUBE You don’t have to be a biochemist or a “Mr. Wizard” to enjoy cellular automation programs. With some relatively simple CA code like the sample Amiga Basic listings provided here you can evolve representations of all kinds of natural phenomena. All the ways you can use your Amiga, creating V O' o artificial liic forms with a cellular automation (CA) program is one of the most Few people realize, though, that these types programs open a domain of endless possibilities. With a cellular automation program, you can A transform simple or sophisticated lines of CA programming code into representations of biological organisms and ecosystems. Von can mimic the migration of birds, ants, bees, and bacteria. You can incorporate chaos algorithms to model weather patterns, population growth, and the spread of infectious disease. You can even form a link to neural networks and artificial intelligence. Just structure CA programs that create and wire neural network patterns, and they essentially learn by themselves. J i To help you get started, we have included two ' simple Amiga Basic programs that should provide insights into the programming beast- ics that otherwise remain hidden in more complex, compiled, or full-blown applications. There are also commercially available CA programs on the market for instance, CellPro Cell- By John lovine ular Automata Art and Animation (SS9.95) from MegageM. (To locate product vendors, see the "Manufacturers Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 98.) Order Out of Chaos Cellular automation programs vary in levels of sophistication; some are simple, while others are exceedingly complex. Generally, though, CA programs consist of a few simple rules. Complex patterns are not written into the program; they develop by themselves. When you initiate a few rules for the computer to quickly repeat, Not everyone, however, has an acidic soup of bromate ions the program exhibits striking behavioral patterns that provide windows of opportunity to study and to model living systems and artificial intelligence. Listing 1 uses the text screen to generate a simple, random cellular automation. The program quickly fills the screen with two-color characters, then begins to scroll it upward. Each new line it produces at the bottom of the screen represents a new generation. Pressing the q key exits the program, while pressing any other key randomly changes the rules according to which it produces new generations. Listing 2 is a bit more complex; it is a self-organizing program that can exhibit evolving forms and structures typical of what is known as the belousov-Zhabotinskii reaction. Thai simple chemical experiment, undertaken some 39 years ago in Russia, led to the discovery and exploration of self-organizing systems. In this experiment, a solution of bromate ions in a high acidic medium sits in a shallow dish and spontaneously forms centers of chemical activity. Each center creates expanding patterns of concentric, circular rings, or in some cases even spirals. As the patterns grow they begin to crash into neighboring patterns. Soon, the entire surface of the material is organized into a unique layout. The design then begins to decay and disappear as secondary reactions impede the primary one. The experiment’s visual impact 30 years ago was an unexpected but natural phenomenon. Today, the study of self-organizing reactions goes beyond its roots in chemistry into disciplines such as physics, cosmology, and biology. (Some experts believe that such self-organizing chemical reactions were a stage in the process of life’s development.) Not everyone, however, has an acidic soup of bromate ions handy. We therefore include Listing 2 so you can study this phenomenon yourself with the Amiga. It has three starting patterns spiral, regeneration, and diffusion from which to choose. This program uses a 16x40 section of the text screen for display, and it considers each character in the display a cell. Each cell can recycle through three states active, receptive, and quiescent. The program colors each character cell according to its present state: red means it is active, white that it is receptive, and violet that it is quiescent. The rules by which this cellular automation works are simple. Activity can spread to a neighboring cell only if that cell is receptive, and a cell returns to a state of receptiveness only after a quiescent period. This means that as an active cell decays to a receptive cell, it follows this color pattern: red to violet to white. The program creates two data arrays “ncwen" and “olden,” that contain the present and previous states of each cell on screen. It uses the data contained in each array to update and modify the screen display. The program searches each cell in the olden array, and when it finds a quiescent cell, it changes it to a recep- Listing 1. Simple Random Cellular Automation. ' Simple Celluar Automation in AmigaBasic J J. iovine PRINT CHRS(10); aS = INKEYS IF aS = "q” THEN COLOR 1,0:END IF aS > "" THEN codechange GOTO beginning codechange: eg = INT(RND(1) * 8} + 1 dc = INT(RND(2) * 2) code(cg) = dc GOTO beginning start: RANDOMIZE FOR i = 1 TO 76 olden(i) = INT(RND(2) * 2) NEXT CLS GOTO beginning PALETTE 0,0,0,0:PALETTE 1,1,1.1 PALETTE 2,0,0,0 FOR i = 1 TO 8: READ n: code(i) = n:NEXT DATA 0,1,1,1,1,0,0,0 DIM olden(77),newen(77) GOTO start begining: FOR j = 1 TO 76 rule = (4 * oldenfj -1) + 2 * oldenfj} + oldenjj + 1)) + 1 newen(j) = code(rule} NEXT FOR j = 1 TO 76 COLOR (2-newen(j)),0 PRINT CHRS(31); olden(j) = newen(j) NEXT Professional Digital Sound For Your Video, Music, and Radio Productions The Video Toaster goes a long way towards solving your video problems. But what about sound? Do you need to synchronize background music with your productions? How do you add footsteps, door knocks, and other sound effects to your video or animation? Do you need to fade, cross fade, or eliminate sections of audio? Can you edit your audio, or are you stuck with the first take? Studio 16 solves all these problems by turning your Amiga into a complete sound studio. With Studio 16 s SMPTE support you can lock sounds frame accurately with your video. Audio triggers reliably, at the same spot, every time. Or you can quickly slip your audio effects, trying them at different spots. And since Studio 16 plays directly off hard disk, the number of sounds you can trigger is unlimited. How does the 12-bit A DIO 12 sound? Absolutely great!
- Amiga World, 4 92, p.29 Each of Studio 16 s four tracks can be metered and mixed. Unlike two track systems. Studio 16 can combine multiple tracks with no generation loss. And it can record while playing. The Studio 16 sound editor graphs the audio waveform and allows you to cut, copy, and paste audio. Zoom, scale, fade, reverse, and many other functions are available. Edits can be non-destructive or permanent. The included AD1012 hardware provides audio in. SMPTE in, and audio out connectors. Just plug your VTR, CD player, radio, tape deck, or other source directly in. Then record with 12 bits at sampling rates up to 80,000 samples per second. The AD1012 can synchronize and chase SMPTE time code at 24. 25. 29.97, and 30 fps. Designed to exceptional audio standards, the AD1012 offers CD frequency response and 70dB signal-to-noise ratio. The AD1012 includes a special sound coprocessor the advanced 2105 DSP. The DSP allows Studio 16 to perform real time mixing and high quality 16 bit effects. These include echo, flange, delay, and chorus. Call today for a free Studio 16 information packet,
(408) 374-4962. Fax: (408) 374-4963. Dealers: call for promotional package. Salespeople: call to join our commission program. SuuRize Industries 2959 S. Winchester Blvd.. Suite 204 Campbell. CA 95008 USA European Reprever.tui BENELUX dONAR • >2 (Oil i 2.’ Oj'ft FINLANDPb»TT Computer -05S (9) 18 781 £992 GERMANY ASAS . 4 i(Ki4i $ 46 81 30. ITALY AP&S + 39 (04321759264 SPAIN PiXeLSOFT - ?4 088| 7| 2700 SWEDEN Dit?f*}Dala -4*iQ457i5G38Q. SWITZERLAND Micromm + 4li032iS724J9 UNITED KINGDOM HB Marketing +44:0753)686000. Studio 16 is a trademark at SurPt e Industries Video Toaster if a trademark o A'rttfrL Inc. Amiga is a trademark afCBSt live one in [lie newen array. When the program finds an active cell, ir looks to the adjoining cells to see if activity (redness) can spread to any of them. If so. Ii changes all receptive cells to active cells in the newen array. Next, it decays the original active cell into a quiescent period and places it in the newen array. Alter it has searched the entire olden array, the program displays the newen array on screen, while simultaneously copying the newen array into the olden array. When the display is finished, the program repeals the entire process. Although these rules are simple, complex patterns quickly emerge after a few generations. Because the program is written entirely in Amiga Basic, though, the process is slow the computer takes about ten seconds to update each screen display. If you run the program through a compiler, however, you expand the screen section to a full screen. I used the 16x40 matrix screen to speed up the program. If you work in assembly language, the program runs quickly enough so that you can use pixels rather than text characters. Going on Your Own I wrote this program with three basic seed patterns that evolve into more complex geometry. Do not consider these patterns a restriction, but rather a starting point. Feel free to change the pattern arrays to whatever you like. You will he pleasantly surprised by how interesting this program becomes after you play with it awhile. I he program uses the following number codes within its arrays to identify state: 1 =white=receptive 2 = violet = quiescent 3=red = active Use these numbers in the GOSUB sections to change the beginning seed patterns. For instance, you could create a new starting pattern by changing the numbers in the array of the subprogram “Spiral.” lo ensure starting with a clean screen, the program fills both arrays with Is before it enters the seed pattern. You need only determine the starting location of active and quiescent cells. ¦ John lovine is a programmer, hardware designer, and freelance writer who has contributed lo several magazines, including Radio Electronics and Popular Electronics. Write to him do .AmigaWorld Editorial, 80 Elm St.. Peterborough, XU 03458. Listing 2. Self-Organizing Cellular Automation. REM Self-Organizing Cellular Automation Program REM John lovine DIM olden(721),newen(721) fig = 1: GOSUB setup CLS:PRINT CHRS(13). " Use Mouse to make selection T MENU 1,0,1, "Selection" MENU 1,1,1, "Sprial" MENU 1,2,1, "Regeneration" MENU 1,3,1, "Diffusion" MENU 1,4,1, "Exit" ON MENU GOSUB selection MENU ON WHILE fig WEND GOTO display start: FOR x = 40 TO 680 IF olden(x) = 3 THEN changearound IF olden(x) = 2 THEN newen(x) = 1 cscan: NEXT GOTO display changearound: newen(x) = 2 IF oldenfx-1) = 1 THEN newenfx-1) = 3 IF olden(x+1) = 1 THEN newen(x+1) = 3 IF olden(x+40) = 1 THEN newen(x+40) = 3 IF olden(x+41) = 1 THEN newen(x+41) = 3 IF olden(x+39) = 1 THEN newen(x+39) = 3 IF olden(x-40) = 1 THEN newen(x-40) = 3 IF olden(x-39) = 1 THEN newen(x-39) = 3 IF olden(x-41) = 1 THEN newen = x-41) = 3 GOTO cscan display: LOCATE 4,1 FOR y = 1 TO 16: PRINT TAB(19); FOR x = 1 TO 40: COLOR newen(x+(yM0)),0 olden(x + (y*40)) = newen(x+ = y*40J) PRINT CHRS(31);:NEXT PRINT CHRS(13);:NEXT GOTO start setup: PALETTE 0,0,0,0 : PALETTE 1.1,1,1 PALETTE 2,.8,0,.93 : PALETTE 3,1,.2,.27 FOR i = 0 TO 721 :olden(i) = 1 :newen(i) = 1: NEXT:RETURN 'Enter Patterns spiral: 'Spiral GOSUB setup FOR i = 336 TO 346:newen(i) = 3: NEXT newen(307) = 3 :newen(335) = 2 FOR i = 295 TO 306:newen(i) = 2: NEXT fig = 0:RETURN regen: 'Regeneration GOSUB setup newen(380) = 3 :newen(381) = 3:newen(300) = 3 newen(301) = 3:newen(339) = 3 :newen(340) = 2 fig = 0: RETURN diff: 'Diffusion GOSUB setup newen(340) = 3: fig = 0: RETURN bye: MENU RESET END selection: ON MENU = 1) GOSUB spiral,regen,diff,bye RETURN External FDD Series M
• Compatible with all Amiga3 computers 1 ¦ Slim-line design with solid metal case ¦ Additional drive connector and on off switch Opto-Mechanical Mouse Series k Precise cursor control - 290 dpi resolution i Stylish and ergonomic design i Top quality construction with jr micro-switch buttons jf Cordless Infrared Mouse Series ¦ High power infrared transmitter with a 4-foot range
• L€D indicators on receiver reflect every mouse action
• includes long-life maintenance free rechargeable battery
• Precise cursor control - 280 dpi resolution Ergonom ¦ Compart! ' Ergor rr
• Top dual ALFA DATA jgfPgsign Trackball Series jie with ail Amiga computers ic design for comfortable operation ty construction with micro-switch buttons 109 North Duncan • Champaign. IL 61821 Tel: (217) 356-1962 • Fax: (217) 356-4312 For more information, contact your nearest Amiga: dealer Dealer inquiries welcome. Arr.ga g ofcgoToioo Troaemcrk of Commodore-Amiga. Inc Small Talk: The Heard the latest? The newest and smallest Amiga has been approved for release in the US. After exploring the ins and outs of the Amiga 600, Amiga World’,1; Chief is ready to talk. Revealed By Doug Barney SINCE ITS RELEASE, the Amiga 500 has been Commodore s hottest-selling CPU, giving users multitasking, sound, and great graphics for the price of a good, used moped. Now die firm hopes to recreate that success with die all-new Amiga 600, a machine that many observers see as ultimately replacing the venerable A500. But is the bright white A600 worthy of assuming the low-end mantle? The answer for Amiga users is yes and no. The first thing you notice about the new machine is its exceedingly small form factor, which is 972x14 inches roughly equivalent to Commodore’s older C-64 computer. Don’t let the size fool you, though; the diminutive case hides some real power: a full Enhanced Chip Set (ECS) and the new AmigaDOS 2.0. In some ways, it is like a cheaper, miniaturized version of the Amiga 3000, but, unlike the A3000, which incorporates the fast Motorola 68030 processor, the A600 runs on the original 7.16-MHz 68000. For many applications this is more than adequate, but this chip begins to show its weakness when doing serious work. The advantage of the machine’s small size is somewhat diminished by its use of the standard A500 power supply, that awkward bricklike thing that lies under the desk of most A500 owners. If four-pound laptops can have power supplies built in, why not the A600? The A600 achieves its small size mainly by dispensing with the numeric keypad. That's fine by me. Unfortunately, the machine also dispenses with the expansion bus, which spawned countless add-on products for the A500 and A1000, from accelerators to drives to RAM to PC emulators. Moreover, the A500’s A501 slot has been replaced with the A601 slot, which uses a different connector, and that’s not so fine. There are more expansion problems inside. Everything on the motherboard is surface mounted, which means you do not have sockets for internal expansion devices. Internal accelerators and other motherboard add-ons designed for earlier Amigas will not work in the A600, and it will be difficult to develop serious upgrade products for this system. In fact, the only thing that appears to have a socket is the Kickstart ROM. Rtth the new ECS graphics modes, a deinterlacer would be ideal. But current A500 deinterlacers will not work, leaving your optional interlaced video to flicker on ad nauseam. In place of an expansion bus is a PCMCIA connector, first seen on CDTV. T his port will be used mainly for delivering applications, storing data, and providing solid-state RAM. So far, there is little that takes advantage of this feature, although Expansion Systems is now- shipping its BASEboard 601. This bare board, which starts at $ 29.95, can add 1MB of chip RAM, bringing the A600’s chip-RAM total to 2MB. All told, the A600 can physically address up to eight megabytes of RAM. Just as this article was going to press, Amiga World learned that Commodore will sell a 386 PC emulator that fits into the A601 slot. This exciting device could O make the 600 a truly enticing dual-purpose computer. A Twice-Told Tale Beginning in September, Commodore plans to sell two versions of the A600, one based on floppies ($ 499.99) and another with a built-in 40MB hard drive ($ 749.99). (NB: prices and availability dates are subject to change.) The hard-drive version uses an IDE, rather than the more expandable SCSI adapter (onto which you can daisy-chain devices). Commodore’s hard drive uses a significant amount of RAM for buffers and so on, making the standard 1MB A600 incapable of running applications that require 1MB of RAM. As a result, the standard configuration for the hard-drive version is 1.5MB. Commodore appears to be aiming this machine at the game-system market. The plan is to bundle the computer with hot games- plus some productivity programs and sell it as a hardware software combination. The standard floppy version is destined to come packaged with five pieces of software, including two arcade games (Ocean's Robocop 3 and Psygnosis’ Shadow of the Beast
3) , plus one role-playing adventure (Myth, by System 3). The two productivity titles will be Domark’s MicroText word processor and Graphic Workshop paint program. Buyers of the A600HD will get a software lineup that favors productivity a little more. In addition to the MicroText and Graphic Workshop programs, the hard- drive-equipped version of the computer will come with an easy 3-D authoring design environment oriented to entertainment applications. The only game per se to be included is Ocean’s PushOver, a puzzle-style game. Of course, given its serious computing abilities, the A600 stands head and shoulders above the more traditional game machines by Nintendo, Sega, and NEC. For first-time users, this small, self-contained A600 should be attractive. Although Commodore has already established availability through dealers and consumer channels, the company has its work cut out for it to develop distribution ancl awareness of the system. Should you buy an A600? If you need to cart your system around or have little interest in beefing up your Amiga, it could be ideal. It could also serve as a terrific system for the kids, and neophytes are sure to love the new operating system, which is about as slick as you'll find in any market. But if you like to push the limits of your applications, the lack of expandability should stop you dead in your tracks. Personally I'd like to see this very machine with an '030 or '040 processor. The old A500 expansion bus, and a self-contained power supply. Then this small talk would speak up loud and clear. ¦ Amiga 600 Specifications Price: Connectors: Floppy drive Mouse Joystick RS-232 serial Parallel PCMCIA Video: RF modulator Color composite RGB analog 78-key keyboard $ 499.99 floppy based $ 749.99 with 40MB hard drive CPU: 7.16 68000 RAM: 1MB standard ROM: 512R 880K-byte internal floppy What’s the must dramatic improvement you can make to ynur AmigaP Add an 24-Bit Graphics & Video System Create title screens combining scanned images, clip art and other elements using OPAL PAINT’S wide array of tools and modes. Install the exciting new OpalVision Main Board in the video slot of your Amiga and vast new possibilities await your exploration. Use OpalPaint to create graphics, backdrops, video titles or anything you can imagine with 16.8 million colors at your command. Run Workbench applications with incredibly detailed full-color 24-Bit backgrounds. OpalVision’s discrete design let’s you use any of 16.8 million different colors on every pixel. OpalVision Main Board
• An internal card which operates in any Amiga computer with a video slot. It is the core of the OpalVision system.
• A true 24-Bit frame buffer and display device with 16.8 million colors available for every pixel.
• Uncompromiscd, 24-Bit highcr-than-broadcast-quality, crystal-clear images which far surpass any composite video or HAM system.
• Standard Amiga graphics and animations can appear in front of or behind OpalVision images on a pixei-by-pixel basis.
• Capable of double-buffered 24-Bit and 15-Bit animation in medium and low resolution modes and 8-Bit double-buffered animation in all resolutions.
• VLSI graphics coprocessor enables resolution changes, stencil modes, a host of transition effects and smooth scrolling between screens.
• “ Palette-Mapped' design updates colors in real time. Fade pictures in and out and change their palettes on the flv. Includes OPAL PRESENTS! - A feature- packed, multi-purpose 24-Bit presentation and image display program. Technical Info
• Operates in all Amiga resolutions up to a maximum of 768 by 480 pixels (580 in PAL).
• Double buffered full 24-Bit 15-Bit and 8-Bit true color modes. 24-Bit and 8-Bit palette- mapped display modes. Dual Playfield and Overlay Priority stencil modes.
• Priority mask definition specifies foreground background areas.
• 20ns video switch to freely mix Amiga and OpalVision graphics.
• Equipped with 1.5 MB of display RAM.
• Expansion connectors for available Framegrabbcr Genlock and Scan-Rate Converter hardware modules and expansion socket for the “Roaster Chip.” opalvtsjo
• Automatically self-configures for NTSC or PAL operation. NEXT 130-
• 24-Bit RGB output with video bandwidth >7 MHZ.
• Microcode graphics processor forsystcm control, priority switching, hardware scrolling and panning. Hardware Requirements Any Amiga computer with a video slot. Any Amiga compatible monitorcapable of 15.75kHzscan rate. (Models 1080,1084,1950, I960 most Multi-Sync Multi-Scan monitors.) One MegaByte of CHIP RAM (Two MegaBytes Recommended) OPALPAINT’S speed and power lets you composite multiple images quickly and easily with seamless, 24- Bit color accuracy. Two Megabytes of FAST RAM Hard Drive strongly recommended 68000 20 30 40 compatible Circle 162 on Reader Service card. Included Software: Even’ OpalVision Main Board includes a full range of software to let you start enjoying all the benefits of your new 24-Bit Amiga immediately: OpalPaint An unequalled painting and image manipulation program specifically written to take full advantage of the power of OpalVision. It’s Fast. Real-time. Full 24-Bit. OpalPaint gives you complete control over OpalVision’s 16.8 million color palette. Includes a full-range of drawing tools and an expandable library of image-processing modes with adjustable parameters, full texture-mapping capabilities, transparency and color gradients, multiple work modes, nozzle brushes, pie-defined palettes and many pother comprehensive tools. Unique and powerful features like real-world “Artist's tools" and paper types, multiple stencil types, virtual memory support and compatibility with the pressure-sensitive Wacom™ drawing tablet provide a level of support for artistic creativity never before available. OPALPAINT’s exclusive real-world Artist’s Tools and paper types bring a new level of artistic creativity to the Amiga. Opal Presents! A comprehensive icon-driven presentation program offering complete control over OpalVision images, Amiga graphics and live video (when the Genlock and I’ramcgrabber is installed.) Includes numerous built-in transitions and effects including wipes, fades and scrolling effects. Takes full advantage of OpalViston’s double buffering and intelligent image pre-loading to minimize delays. Utilizes 24-Bit image thumbnails in both editor and file requester. Trigger transitions by mouse button, timer or AREXX commands. Initiates CL! And AREXX scripts. Fully multitasking. OpalVision IiotKey Display OpalVision images anytime by using key combinations. Show OpalVision and Amiga graphics simultaneously, with single keystrokes to control two different OpalVision screens, priority masks, and other OpalVision features. Multitasks with all Amiga software to provide 24-Bit backdrops for Amiga graphics. AREXX compatibility integrates all OpalVision features into the Amiga environment. OPAL PRESENTS! Includes numerous built-in transitions for image sequencing and presentation. It also triggers CLI and AREXX commands, King of Karate Just for fun, we're including the world's first 24-Bit personal computer game with every Main Board! An exciting, two-player karate competition which is lots of fun and an excellent demonstration of OpalVision’s capabilities. Includes music and sound effects. The Opal Vision Main Board is the foundation of a complete Opal Vision 24-Bit graphics and video system. Opal Vision Enhancement Modules are on the way which add exceptional graphic and video features to the Opal Vision Main Board. Add 24-Bit. Real-time framegrabbing andgenlocking with S-Videoand composite inputs and outputs. Expand your system even more by adding the OpalVision Production Switcher and “Roaster Chip" lor amazing Digital Video Effects and video switching capabilities. Install our De-Interlacer for flicker- free output. The expansion modules connect directly to the OpalVision Main Board without tying up Amiga slots. Just for fun we’ve included KING OF KARATE - An exciting, two-player, 24-Bit karate competition with music and sound effects. Upcoming OpalVision Enhancement Modules: Frame Grabber Genlock Module Quad-input Production Switcher Scan-Rate Converter (de-interlacer) OpalVision Roaster Cliip , -;.w W Created by: Sydney. Australia Manufactured and Distributed by: Centaur Development
P. O. Box 4400 Redondo Beach, CA 90278 Phone: (310) 542-2226 FAX: (310) 542-9998 For information: 1-800-621-2202 The expandable, modular design lets you select only the features you need while providing expandability so you can add additional capabilities as you require them. 1 he OpalVision system is an excellent video processing and manipulation tool but unlike other video-only systems, it integrates extremely well into the Amiga environment and functions superlatively lor applications like desktop publishing, ray-tracing, image processing, multimedia and entertainment. OpalVision is the complete 24-Bit system which upgrades all of your Amiga’s capabilities to true, uncompromised, 24-Bit RGB. VIDEO Picture Perfect How can you be sure your video signal measures up? Measure your video signals! SUITE By Joel Tessler BACK IN 1978, I shot and edited my first color commercial. 1 submitted the spot to the local NBC affiliate, only to find out it was not suitable For broadcasting. Why? Because the video signal dicl not comply with FCC standards. I had to reshoot and edit the entire commercial and actually lost money on the project, so 1 vowed that 1 would never again shoot or edit without using a waveform monitor to check my signal. Although color cameras have improved tenfold and the signal-to-noise and frame accuracy of VCRs have come a long way since then, I still get calls from clients having video trouble, some of which could be avoided by properly measuring the video signals with a waveform monitor and vectorscope. The advent of NewTek’s Video Toaster has made video-signal monitoring critical in desktop environments. With the addition of a dual-channel time-base corrector (TBC) and its ability to adjust color saturation, hue, gain, setup, and other parameters that affect the video signal, things can gel pretty complex. While blindly making adjustments can worsen problems, a waveform and vectorscope help you determine how the signal is affected and enable you to
o ' achieve higher quality output. Combination waveform monilor vectorscope units are fortunately now available at a fraction of what they cost in the 1970s. Two companies Magni Systems and Digital Processing Systems (DPS) have recently broken ground with new, inexpensive waveform vector combos. Both models output video information to a standard composite monitor, obviating the need for expensive CRTs (those high-resolution rack-mounted green screens seen in TV stations). This means that the rest of us can afford to measure our own video just like the networks, I used a Video Toaster A B roll editing system to evaluate both units, and compared them to high-end wave- form vectorscopes set for accuracy. (To locate the vendors of the products mentioned, see the “Manufacturers Distributors' Addresses” list on p. 98.) The Magni Monitor Magni Systems, well known in the video industry for its high-quality test gear, offers a $ 1795 waveform vector combo that fits into a low-profile, 19- inch rackmounted unit. The unit provides scores of features and the kind of flexibility required by complex postproduction facilities, TV and cable stations, and even transmitter sites. The Magni Monitor's hardware is composed of a 19-inch, rack-wide mountable base unit, a remote control, a four-inch LCD display, and a separate power supply The base has a green LED lamp power indicator on the front panel. The rear panel has four telco connectors (the type that are on your telephone): two for remote use, one for the Magni LCD monitor, and the other for picture. It also accommodates ten British Nut Connectors (BNCs): one for waveform, another for picture, and two each for reference and channels A, B, and C. You can use the connectors in various wavs to fit your studio’s needs. J i Those new to video may experience “feature shock" when using a waveform vectorscope for the first time. Fortunately, Magni’s interface includes a friendly on-screen menu that displays its output to both an LCD screen and a composite monitor. You access this menu via the handy remote control, which features 15 buttons and a large control knob. On the left side of the remote is the main- menu button, along with six “quick keys” for the most frequently used functions. When you opt for waveform- monitor control, the quick keys correspond to variable gain, 2H 111 (in 2H), FLD1 FLD2 (in 2F) , filters, alarm (on or off), and reference (internal or external). The quick keys for the vectorscope are variable gain (enable or disable), vectors (75% or 100%), normal + (PAL) , alarm (on or off), and reference (internal or external). The remaining nine buttons control channel selection, horizontal line display, field display horizontal and vertical magnification, and waveform or vector mode (this also controls magnification direction and which function of the knob is active). The knob provides adjustment for horizontal and vertical position, vector phase, and other variables selected fiom the menus. To help you manage all these controls, the manual is packed with explanations about video, plenty of operations information, and a great glossary. Monitoring Performance The Magni Monitor performed well. Its reference-in allows for timing and phase comparisons in the studio environment. And its vector and waveform graticules are easy to read. Magnified mode gives you a clear picture of the horizontal sync and burst without straining your eyes; in some cases I could read a signal from clear across ? 48 Oct offer 1992 ore of actual DCTV screens pwnre »mp enocKSS gSrara isssi fiSS&ffi[?“ =j I JSM- H. oust I jWfff o?i ; jLb_
T. l. l “IV wn *r~~7~ J" *L°_ Cor.*' ** *l’o~ fhorp' LJ KiaWJi Mtlft! ! 0 LwST MtH Digitize and process full color composite video images in millions of colors. Ihe Future b Here! FcfiHUJEJS O. A X * ojr.. i! I poitd *SA!5?J-i _ O zoo BOX | sot.d R.rb'uH. tit. * o __ ¦ iTrrrnr ¦fr ~m~~sn t *«-« Fitk-
* .c*ur« tjiifr £t«nc;i Pfliftt* L OR&I Er.l i:J j uowpl sure. Coftp} srtvej j loro] snve i ? Paint; digitize and display beautiful full color composite video images on any Amiga ' Sophisticated true color video paint, digitizing and image processing software are all combined into one easy to use package. A Cqjture an image in 10 seconds from any color video camera. (Also works with still video cameras, video disk and still frame capable VCR's.) A Convert DCDT images to or from any IFF display format (including HAM and 24 bit). ? Full-featured paint, digitize and conversion software are included. DCDT is a complete system, right out of the box! A Create spectacular 3D images and animations. Compatible with all popular 3D programs. Create beautiful ful color video images with all popular Amiga 3D programs. $ 495 ‘Min. 1 Meg. Required -T - - v, 3-5 Meg. Recommended Animate video quality DCTV images in real time using popular Amiga animation creation tools. DCTV (Digital Composite Television) is a revolutionary new compressed video display and digitizing system for the Amiga. Using the Amiga as a compressed video buffer, DCTV creates a full color composite video display with ad the color and resolution of television. Telephone 916 344-4825 FAX 916 635-0475 1992 Digital Creations. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore Business Machines. Patents applied for Circle 16 on Reader Service card V I I) E 0 S L! I I E the room. The remote-control unit makes it easy to access mentis and features. The buttons have a good feel, and ifie control knob is solid. In the edit suite, I was able to check my phasing, timing, black levels, sync, and blanking, and to make sure my video levels were correct without having to fight the hardware. The Magni Monitor’s multichannel input lets you monitor up to three separate channels of composite or component video. It also allows you to color-code all three channels on screen. With the wide acceptance of high-hand Betacam, M-1I, Hi8, and SVHS formats, this is a feature whose time has come. The ability to view Y, B-Y, R-Y, or Y C is not far short of nirvana for me. The Magni Monitor also supports another important feature: color-frame monitoring. This lets you compare channel C with A or B, for instance, on the vectorscope. One problem with composite waveformA ectorscopes is the brightness levels of the various display elements. Magni’s solution is a feature that allows for separate selectable color and intensity for backgrounds, graticules, waveforms, and variable persistence. Another nice feature is the alarm, which sounds a warning if the timing or SC H phase exceeds the set limits. Remote-signal monitoring is also possible with the Magni Monitor. This means you could leave a modem-connected base unit at a cable station's head end ten miles from the main studios. Then, a cable operator could use a modem-connected remote at the main studios to control the base unit and monitor the head-end signals! Even aside from all the extras, the Magni Monitor fares well as a general- purpose video-measurement instrument. Unless you’re a diehard who will accept nothing less than the most extreme high-resolution CRT and a zillion magnification modes, the Magni Monitor can probably fit your application. The Personal V-Scope Digital Processing Systems was the first manufacturer to introduce a TBC on a single card. Now the company has managed to combine a waveform monitor and vectorscope on a card that outputs its signal to a standard composite monitor. This unit does not require a rack-mounted unit or external power supply; it was clearly designed with desktop video in mind, DPS’s Personal V-Scope ($ 995) plugs into one of the A2000’s or A3000’s IBM slots. .After inserting the board, vou must make some internal or ex ter- J rial serial connections to use the supplied control software. The hack of the card has a serial data-input telco connector, a BNC NTSC video input, an LED video indicator, a buffered-video output, a superimpose output, and a full-time output. The software gets to your bard drive through an automatic installation program that’s easy to use. 11 le software- O J control menu lets von select waveform, vector, overlay, split screen, flat or low- pass, 1H 2H waveform, superimpose, trace, trace freeze, variable-trace-rate, and variable-trace-value modes. A full- featured software-based test-signal generator (TSG) is also included. Personal Use What stands out the most about ibis system is its simplicity and ease of use. The interface works on a what-you- dick-is-what-you-get system, without the confusion of bothersome pull-down menus. The split-screen mode allows for simultaneous composite display of the vectorscope and waveform monitor over incoming video, graphics, or both. When displaying the V-Scope’s l'ull- fleld color bars from the Video Toaster’s framebuffer, I could see that all the colors registered inside the vector- scope’s boxes, indicating phase accuracy. The waveform monitor showed the individual parts of the color-bar signal. If you already own DPS’s Personal 4 TBC, integration with the Personal V- Scope is automatic. A separate V-Scope menu that’s built into the TBC software lets you adjust the TBC’s parameters on the flv and immediately see the j • results on the Y-Scopc’s display. One of the most obvious advantages I noticed w hile editing was the size of the waveform vector display. Even with a 13- inch monitor, it gave a pretty clear picture of what was going on with the video signal. (Both the -Scope and Magni Monitor also appear to be compatible with I.DEN’s TBC! Card and Digital Creations’ Kitchen Svnc.) O In the edit suite, the V-Scope performed well, although the lack of an external reference-in limited my ability to do comparisons. Still, I was able to gain some crucial information regarding phasing and timing of the source VCRs. The TSG software works directly with the Video Toaster’s framebuffer and in conjunction with the V-Scope. It includes 32 industry-standard test patterns that install automatically through an easy-to-use utility. Each test pattern is coded in the manual with a number and an explanation of its usage. Some of the uses for the test signals are picture monitor alignment, video levels, differential phase gain, Y C delay, and frequency response. While normally expensive, TSGs are necessaiy for getting a complete picture of all the variables in the video signal. I found the TSG software a great alternative to traditional test generators; the multibursi 100-IRE test pattern gave a clear picture of the frequency response rates of three TBCs. I be -Scope’s manual explains its usage in clear, concise language, and it provides plenty of details on video measuring. With all its technical information, however, it still manages to address the needs of the novice. The explanations of the lest signals in chapter 6 is in ilsell a short course in video. In addition to text, the manual has an ample amount of pictorial content. I would like to see an external reference video-in built into the Personal V- Scope, and more magnification for horizontal sync and burst. But even with these limitations, the board is a great buy, what with its versatility, the dual display and the TSG software. You simply will not get this range of features elsewhere without spending more. To Measure or Not? Maybe you have heard that you don’t need to monitor your signals if you are not doing broadcast video. Bullfeath- ers! In some cases, nonbroadcast video is a higher risk for trouble down the line. Combining video on tape with electronically generated graphics can introduce all kinds of problems, and without monitoring equipment, you are operating in the dark. You may not be able to detect a 20% loss in your video signal just by looking at your composite monitor, but by the time you get down to the fourth generation, you will be lucky if even 40% of your original video signal is there. If you are serious about video, vou 4 4 should consider buying a waveform monitor and vectorscope at some point. I lopefLilly, you’ll do it before you have a major catastrophe. While the Magni Monitor is better suited for more complex post-production work, cable head ends, transmission sites, and so on, either ol these products will make a big difference in any video studio. ¦ Joel Tessler works as a video and animation consul taut to cable stations and networks, both nationally and internationally. Write to him c o Amiga World Editorial, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458. GENLOCK AND OVERLAY SYSTEM
• ' *¦', £« * ’nj ' *¦ ¦¦ *. UT * - . 1 ¦ - Jf ¦ ¦ t . . Broadcast quality RS-170A composite output Two independent dissolve controls Software controllable : ; . >.¦ ;;¦*? . .t -v vxi * . ¦>, m v -S t: v» *. • ' « . Y* v m m Compatible with all Amiga® models
* * *-’• *’ • v • . *; v-X .* " * *' . Dual video outputs ¦ Key output Selectable 3.58MHz notch filter
* 749« THE KIIOIEN SYNG KOMPLETELY INTEGRATED TIME BASE CORRECTOR SHAVING EVERYTHING NECESSARY TO SYNCHRONIZE 2 INDEPENDENT VIDEO SOURCES.
• !¦ ft:
• - , j -f** ¦ b y - - . ¦ ’ - ' g V, ? I ; ¦ ¦ Completely synchronize not one, but two independent video sources for use with virtually any switcner or 'S- Two complete infinite window time base correctors on one IBM AT Amiga compatible card source. . P-. ¦>. V‘ •
- i C, -. VCRs and camcorders ¦ S-VHS and Hi-8 compatible ¦ Optional Y C output "*' •£* v f. ¦* V*¦ i' ***1 •. , ¦* vv- "" ,(fc* *vJ Great for use with the Video Toaster” When they created the Toaster, they threw in everything but the Kitchen Sync. , consumer S-VHS, ED-BETA, Hi8 compatible
* -• i . ” •. • . * • ¦ ' ' t "r . .’’»• • -jjijEr , Broadcast quality NTSC RS-1 0A output Built in SC H phase adjustability . Built in sync generator ¦ Dissolves THE FIRST TRUE Y C GENLOCK & OVERLAY CARD FOR THE AMIGA9 2000 SERIES COMPUTERS M895
* ¦ * i
• -t.r . ¦u 1 PI ¦ • ’ ___si r • ¦ ; v . R %a . • - ¦ . 'cV; -V H I I J
• t ¦: t ‘ . L ‘ ** r - * ’ ¦ *- « ,r I 1 n$ - , . I
• i * i K ' ' . •* * * 1 . I i V"*. ’ ii . . ? V tx .Jj. : ' ¦ .v ¦- ' 'Z I C R EATiONS FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT YOUR DEALER OR CALL 916 344-4825 FAX 916 635-0475 ©1991 Digital Creations. Video Toaster is a trademark of Newtek, Inc. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore-Amiga, Inc. IBM and IBM AT ore registered trademarks of IBM, Inc. The Kitchen Syne is a trademark of Digital Creations, Inc
• ACCENT * ON GRAPHICS 44 A continuing series of tips, techniques, and tricks for creating more imaginative Amiga graphics. By Joel Hagen ANYONE WHO USES the Amiga for creating video tides, business graphics, or multimedia screens soon finds a need for lots of rich, unobtrusive backgrounds. A good background adds color and style to a text, button, or information screen without competing for the user’s attention. Marble and stone textures are popular, but tend to be overused. This column will focus on easy image-processing methods you can use to explore existing pictures, mining them for small areas that can be enlarged to serve as soft-focus backgrounds in 16- color hi-res, HAM, or 24-bit color. (To locale the vendors of products mentioned, see the “Manufacturers Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 98.) Enlarging Your Options The idea is simple. Examine any Amiga picture in your files for small rectangular areas that would be interesting abstract images if enlarged. If you don't already have experience in enlarging brushes in a paint program, try cutting a brush in DeluxePaint (Electronic Arts) and press Shift-H a few times doubling it again and again. Immediately, however, you will notice a problem. The individual pixels are blown up so that the enlarged image is a blocky mosaic, not at all suitable as an unobtrusive background. Imagemaster (Black Belt Systems) has interesting features that allow you to enlarge a small section of an image without producing large, blocky pixels. It does this through pixel-interpolation techniques. As a small image is remapped into a larger area, new pixels are calculated and introduced producing an effect that makes the image look more like a resolution-independent photographic blowup. The soft, blurred version of the original region is perfect for backgrounds, and you can save it at any resolution. This technique is highly effective in producing smooth 24-bit files, but it is also superb for HAM and 16-color hi-res. Using this process can prove very beneficial in video work, because many Amiga video artists lack 24-bit color capability relying instead on the high- resolution native Amiga mode for crisp text and titles. It would be virtually impossible to hand paint the hi-res, 16- color soft-focus backgrounds that you can create through enlargement enhanced by Imagemaster’s sophisticated interpolation and dithering. To try the technique, load any Amiga picture into Imagemaster. Press the Process Panel button, then select Resizing and Clipping. Choose Stretch Clip, then Rectangular Area. Drag a box around a one- or two-inch region of the screen you wish to enlarge. The program will present you with an interface that lets you adjust the scale. Peg the X and V sliders at +100 or enter higher values manually. To conserve memory, select Replace Primary from the buffer-allocation screen that pops up. An enlarged version of your clip will be rendered to the screen in whatever resolution you have selected in the Display Panel. The image will have a softer look to it than if you had simply enlarged the pixels, but it is not as smooth as it can become. One way to get a smoother image is to mine deeper into the new screen image. Select a small rectangular area again, and repeat the previous steps. Descending two or three levels into any image will yield a very smooth gradation of colors within an interesting composition of soft-edged, organic shapes. The process is reminiscent of delving deeper and deeper into a Mandelbrot set in search of interesting form. If you have the composition you want at the first level of enlargement, but not the total soft-focus effect you seek, tiy blurring it. Press the Process Panel button, then select Geometric Transformations. Try the Spiral Blur. You will be asked to define an area of the image. One of Imagemaster’s great strengths is its ability to let you define a limited area for any operation. In this Simple image-processing techniques can yield some real gems when you need interesting backgrounds for almost any type of presentation. Case, however, select Entire Image. You will then be offered a choice of Inwards or Outwards spiral and a numeric setting lor the extent of the effect. I he illustration accompanying this column shows an Outwards spiral at level 10, The image will be processed and rendered to the screen in soft focus. Save the result by “Rendering lb File’' at whatever sellings you choose. The illustration was rendered as interlaced HAM using a dual-random F-S dither. More Mining Nuggets Another way you can smoothly enlarge in Imagemaster is by linear composition. Load the original image again and select Process Panel, then Resizing and Clipping. This time choose Clip Region, then Rectangular Area. When presented with a buffer selection, choose New As Secondary Hold Primary. This preserves the buffer area of your original image as a rendering space. Press the Compose button, then Linear Compositions. Next, choose Place With Anti-Alias and Entire Region. The sof 1-focus enlargement will render to the screen. Mine for small regions in two or three steps for cumulative smoothing. A dramatic example of the usefulness of this technique is to apply it to high- resolution photographic images such as the NASA Mars photos in Virtual Real- ity Laboratories Space Disks series. For a presentation, I can create a zoom on a crater in the Nilosyrtis image that would otherwise he a useless pixel blowup. You have to make this sort of comparison yourself to really appreciate the dramatic difference. Experiment with other methods of producing soli-focus backgrounds. If you are using DCTV (Digital Creations), try turning on Smooth Clips in the Options Panel. Clip a small area of an image, press the Size gadget, and then drag the clip out to full screen. Mine smaller regions of this image one
o n or two times, and you should come up with some great backgrounds. In Art Department Professional (dSDG), you can quickly create smooth backgrounds by selecting Backdrop from the Load requester, adjusting the four corner colors, and then executing a render. The sophisticated dithering in Imagemaster and AD Pro is the key to rendering smooth screens, even when you limit yourself to 16 colors. Experiment with dither on and off to see the amazing difference. If you have a 24- bil display' or an enhanced color device like DCTV or HAM-E (Black Belt Systems), the methods outlined here yield superb results that can be a good visual break from standard marble backgrounds. ¦ Joel Hagen's credits include work in art, astronomy, science fiction, and software development. Write to him at 10512 Sawyer, Oakdale, CA 95361. Please include a stain fed, self-addressed envelope for a re ph. -a R E V I E W S From p. 24. Head Speed On bytes per second) ence is an optical positioning track that is burned into the media with a laser, allowing much more precise positioning of the read write heads. Although they store as much as small hard drives, these disks use basically the same media as high-density floppies, meaning that they can’t match hard-drive speeds and are subject to the same media failures as ordinary floppies. No Bigger Than a Bread Box Both of these drives come in internal and external versions. The internal flop- tical is the same size as a normal floppy drive and can be mounted in either the second floppy drive bay of an A2000 or A3000 or, with the proper mounting kit, in an A2000,s or A3000T’s 5'A-inch bay. As for the optical drive, it is the same width as a 3'A-inch floppy, but about Vs of an inch taller, so that it can be mounted only in an A2000‘s or A3000T’s 5'A- inch drive bay. For each drive, I tested i the external versions, which come complete with metal case, power supply, and fan. The external floptical measures 5x77iX2' 2 inches, while the external optical drive is roughly the size and shape of a one-pound loaf of bread. The hardware and software installation procedures are exactly the same as for any other SCSI hard drive, and a pushbutton switch makes it easy to set the SCSI drive II) number. Unfortunately, 7 this switch was unplugged on the floptical I tested, so the ID remained at zero, at any setting selected. However. DMI technical support quickly solved the problem. DMI does not include any formatting software, because such software comes with the required SCSI host controller. The company states that the drives were tested and work well with SCSI controllers from Commodore, Great Valley Products, Interactive Video Systems, IC1), Supra, Xetcc, Nexus, and Expansion Systems. The manual does, however, provide illustrated step-by-step instructions for low- level formatting and partitioning of the drive using Commodore’s HDToolBox program. Although it isn’t mentioned anywhere in DMI’s or Commodore’s manuals, you can use HDToolBox with other controllers, as long as they follow the Rigid Disk Block standard. DMI states that you must low-level format the disks before use, but this step doesn’t perform any useful function with SCSI devices. In fact, I performed a low- level format on a floptical disk, rebooted, and found all of mv data still intact. Removable media drives have some properties that are different from fixed hard drives. Most SCSI controllers allow you to remove and replace disks during a single session, just as you do with a floppy drive, as long as the disks are all partitioned exactly the same way. Although the DMI manual states that automatic disk-changc recognition requires AmigaDOS 2.0, it actually depends entirely on the SCSI controller. Most of them support removable-media drives, but older boards may require an updated EPROM chip. You can boot from removable drives, but if you plan to use them as your only hard drive, you’ll have to include the Workbench flies on even’ disk. A better plan is to have a small, fixed hard drive for your Workbench volume and use the removable-media drives 10 expand your storage capabilities. Removable-media drives are also handy for backing up large, conventional hard drives (five or six flopticals or one optical vs. over 100 floppies fora 103MB hard drive). For this reason, DMI includes a copy of Quarterback 4.3 with the floptical. Removable-media drives can also provide inexpensive hard-drive storage for emulators. Once you have removable-media, you can add IBM or Macintosh hard-drive capability for the price of a new disk and some driver software. Although DMI’s documentation fails to mention it, the floptical drive has another very important capability. With Consultron’s CrossDOS file system, il can read and write ordinary 720K or 1.4 1MB IBM floppy disks. That makes il the only Amiga drive currently available that you can use to transport files between an Amiga and a PC using standard high- density 372-inch disks, or between an Amiga and a Mac using the proper software drivers. Unfortunately, because of J 7 its rigid orientation towards IBM floppies, the floptical is not able to read and write normal 880K Amiga floppies. Don’t Judge a Disk by Its Case With respect to its operation, the floptical drive is a lot like a giant floppy it A speed comparison of a conventional hard drive, the floptical, the magneto*optical, and a floppy drive. Even makes the same noises. Flopticals, however, in addition to storing over 20 times the data of a regular floppy, are three to five times faster. Because the media is very similar to that of a regular floppy, it shares both its relative’s advantages and disadvantages. The disks are easily stored and transported and require no special handling, but they arc subject to die same surface defects as regular floppies. Of the three disks I used, one failed completely after a few days (DMI promptly replaced it) and another developed read write errors (I mapped them out and losi only 20K or so of storage). In time, the disk reliability of these devices should increase, and prices (currently S20 each) should diminish. By the time vou read this. 3M and Maxell are both expected to ship floptical disks, and they predict that prices will fall to under SI0 within a few months, bringing the cost per megabyte of storage to under 50 cents. Based as it is on verv j inexpensive floppy technology, the floptical drive could well become one of the most cost-effective and convenient mass-storage options. The optical drive sits at the other end of the removable-media spectrum. It is among the fastest, highest-capacity, and most expensive of these drives. Although the initial cost of the 3 72-inch optical drive is three times that of the floptical, it is nowhere nearly as high as the price of the 574-inch optical units, which nin over $ 3000. Moreover, the incremental cost per megabyte of storage is very low, as each 121MB cartridge costs only about S70. If you plan to eventually store more than a gigabyte of data, the total cost of the drive and media is less than that of a conventional removable drive such as Syquest’s. If yotr plan to store three or four gigabytes, the cost will he half. Like the floptical drive, the optical unit uses disks that are about the same ? Learn from our online encyclopedia Send and receive electronic mail news Play single player games Check current slock closings Dozens of informative bulletin boards, Book flights with EAAsy Sabre Now enjoy unlimited nonprime time usage of over 100 popular Genie Service features. For just $ 4.95 a month * You get everything from electronic mail to exciting games and bulletin boards. Nobody else gives you so much for so little. Plus enjoy access to software libraries, computer bulletin boards, multi-player games and more for just $ 6 per non-prime hour for all baud rates up to
2400. And with Genie there's no sign-up fee. Monevback guarantee Sign up now. If you’re not satisfied after using Genie for one month, we'll refund your $ 4.95. Sign-up today. Just follow these simple steps
1. Set your communication soft- wrare for half duplex (local echo), up to 2400 baud.
2. Dial toll free 1-800-638-8369. Upon connection, enter HHH
3. At the U =prompt, enter XTX99334, AMIGA then press RETURN>.
4. Have a major credit card or your checking account number ready. For more information in die U.S. or Canada, call 1-800-638-9636. GE Information Services
• Applies only iti US. Mon.-Fri., GPM-8AM local time and all clay Sat, Sun., and select holidays. Prime time hourly rate $ 18 up to 2400 baud. Some features subject to surcharge and may not Ik- available outside US. Prices and products listed as of Oct 1.1990 subject to change. Telecommunication surcharges may apply. Guarantee limited to one |xt customer and applies only to first month of use. R K V I B VV S size as a regular 372-inch floppy, and the}' come in a durable plastic shell, making them easy to store and transport. Because they use optical media, however, they should be even more reliable; 1 ex- perienced no problems during my tests. Although the performance of the drive wasn't super-last, neither was it noticeably slow. At three to four times the speed of the floptical drive, the optical unit definitely falls within the range of conventional hard drives. The floptical and optical drives from DM1 are welcome and versatile alterna- tives to conventional hard drives. Convenient and relatively inexpensive, the floptical drive is a natural for backups, can double as a hard drive, and can triple as an IBM-compatible drive. Quick, quiet, and reliable, the optical drive holds large amounts of data on small disks that are easily transported. Sheldon Leemon Migraph OCR 1.11b Migraph, $ 299 Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 2.5MB or 4MB (for flat-bed scanner) RAM, hard disk. Recommended system: 4MB RAM, hard disk, accelerator. Converts scanned documents to editable text files. Amain complaint about the Amiga is that it lacks business applications, Migraph OCR is quieting the critics by adding a new business option optical character recognition (OCR). The basic idea behind OCR is for a computer to convert the information from a scanned document into text for editing or reformatting. This is veiy useful for inputting large amounts of printed text, such as typed forms or spreadsheet data. A prerequisite for OCR software is the ability to accept scanned documents, Migraph OCR directly supports Migraph, Alfa Data, and Golden Image hand scanners and will load previously scanned files saved in IFF, TIFF, or IMG (Atari) formats. The scanner interface includes selections for 100. 2(H), 300, or 400 dpi (dots per inch), scan length, units of measure (inch centimeter), and portrait or landscape orientation. Migraph OCR lets you set parameters for analyzing the input document. The indexed manual provides suggestions on methods of using hand-held scanners so as to achieve optimum results. I hese are quite welcome, as Migraph OCR has no way of seaming together the several passes required by hand scanners; you must process each pass as individual input. You can, however, append one completed ASCII text file to another, thus creating a complete file of your document. 4 Learn your ABCs A major feature for OCR software is the ability to recognize and learn new type faces and styles. For character recognition, Migraph OCR uses Omnifont technology, the current state of the art, which identifies characters by matching mathematical patterns. The software comes pretrained with Artisan, Bookman, Brougham, Carol I Pica, Courier, Courier Italic, Delegate, Elite Modern, Helvetica, Herald Elite, Letter Gothic, Lori, Luhalin, OCRB, Pica, Prestige Elite, Prestige Italic, Prestige Pica, Times, Titan, and Title. Notably missing are the typefaces that round out the standard 35 Adobe Postscript fonts, such as Palatino and Zap fCh a nee ry, although my tests found the recognition level with Palatino quite good. Migraph OCR allows you to analyze the document interactively or automatically, Interactive mode displays unrecognized characters. You then confirm the guess, delete whatever is incorrect, and enter the proper characters; or you train the software via the mouse or function keys. The training option stores the pattern in a dictionary that the program can use later on with similar documents, (Migraph suggests that you create new dictionaries for each type of document you regularly encounter.) The learning process of Migraph OCR is good, and, following training, the program’s accuracy is excellent. Migraph OCR also automatically starts the text editor of your choice when the conversion is complete, and it lets you save your preferences for the editor, text file,and dictionary. Migraph OCR provides tools (rectangle and polyline) for defining the areas on a document that should be analyzed j and lels you designate them as text or graphic. Only the text areas are converted to text. For irregular shapes, you can use polyline or multiple rectangles; the program automatically combines the shapes. The areas are analyzed in the order created, and you must define each column of a mnlticolunm document in the right order. If necessary, however, vou can reorder the areas and modify
* their sizes. Unfortunately, the areas cannot be saved and used on documents with a similar format in a later session. Nor is there ail Arexx port or any other means to batch multiple documents. The program provides three zoom levels (full page, 100%, and 200%) and an icon locator for easy movement on the page. While this is helpful, 100% and 200% are still Loo close if vou scan vour document at the recommended 300 dpi. Linguistic Lexicons Migraph OCR can recognize proportional or monospaced American and European character sets. Lexicons for English, French, German, and Dutch are also included to assist in character recoe- O nition. The program can deal with some italic fonts, but slows down in the process. It also works reliably only on font sizes of 10-18 points. The company claims that it can handle smaller sizes scanned at 400 dpi, but my results with this were poor. Overall, Migraph OCR is generally accurate and fast at what it does. However, current state-of-the-art OCR software automatically distinguishes between text j o and graphics; handles multiple columns; retains formatting (bold, columns, italics) in the output document; has the ability to save the graphic areas; provides better controls over scanning (such as contrast); batch processes in automatic mode; and saves text in popular word-processing and database formats. These are the areas that make the idea of OCR very appealing in business. While such features are not yet available on the Amiga, I hope that Migraph keeps up the good work and adds more to their offering. Steven Blaize ? If your video productions are turning your clients into monsters, it's time vou attacked
* V the problem with the DPS PERSONAL Y-SCOPE™ and DPS PERSONAL TBG III® cards. The PERSONAL V-SCOPE diagnoses color problems by letting you superimpose a digitally synthesized waveform and vectorscope display on any video signal. The PERSONAL TBC III can then cure color distortions by properly balancing red, green and blue. It also gives you rock solid freeze, variable strobe and forced DER ->nAL v'» ¦«>* , isnaijirjagra tbg i i i [MCTlillfi i n b »_ifir-w i i la » r*n monochrome. And it time base corrects and synchronizes your . ¦ 4 * ¦ ¦ flfek "3=
• • ¦¦¦ DIGITAL PROCESSING SYSTEMS INC. Ifvou icant to look xourbeat errors. Both cards are AMIGA® and Video Toaster® compatible, and make for a fully integrated video processing, manipulating and monitoring system. Get the DPS PERSONAL V-SCOPE and PERSONAL TBC III, and keep your video productions from looking like thev’re M f-T Rift It± u ! ¦ Wft nj_ij ¦ Mp Ol WEM If IK out of this world. At a down to earth price of S995 each. In the U.S. call (606) 371-5533 Fax: (606) 371-3729 • In Canada call (416) 754-8090 Fax: (416) 754-7046 Circle 171 on Reader Service card YM1G.V is a registered trademark of Commodure-Amiga. Inc. Video Toaster' is a registered trademark of Newtek Incorporated. Digital Processing Systems. Inc. DPS PERSONAL TBC1 is a registered trademark of Digital Processing Systems, Inc. Prices and specifications subject to change without notice DPS PERSONAL V-SCOPE™ is a trademark of SCRiPTGEN Michael Greenstein, $ 49.95 Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: Video Toaster system, Arexx, Recommended system: Same. Basic slide-show creation. Trexx Professional KludgeCode Software, S129.95 ToastMaster Byrd’s Eye Software, $ 149.95. Toaster Toolkit The Byte Factory, $ 150 Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: Video Toaster system, Arexx. Recommended system: Same. Remote control of Toaster features. If you've avoided learning to control NewTek’s Video Toaster with Arexx, relax! ScriptGen, Toaster Toolkit, Toast- Master, and Trexx Procreate such scripts automatically, even for Toaster 2.0. A no-frills utility, Scriptgen builds basic slide shows from framestores, Toast- erCG pages, and the Switcher’s wipes. It asks you a series of questions, then compiles an Arexx script using the answers. You can request each framestore, keyframe (CG), or overlaid CG page to appear on screen automatically at one of three standard Switcher speeds or a GPI trigger command, and to display for a specified time. Command default settings speed up the process, but I wish they were user-definable. You can play the resulting standard Arexx scripts from a CLI or the Toaster.remote utility. Although it does not allow access to most of the Switcher’s features, Scriptgen is easy to use and industrious enough for most jobs. The remaining three programs share a similar look and feel. A graphical interface represents the Switcher screen, and you click on the appropriate buttons to generate script commands, A separate window displays the script for editing. Trexx Professional creates Arexx scripts for the Video Toaster and translates them for you. Including English translations of the Arexx commands in its large script window, Trexx Professional has the best interface of the bunch. You can cut, copy, paste, insert, and delete among six active scripts, and even preview the results. Scripts can access ToasterPaint, Light- Wave, ToasterCG, the serial port, Amiga- DOS, and Workbench. The buttons are large and well arranged, and the script- creation procedure is simple. ToastMaster opens a screen onto Workbench, setting its own color scheme but inheriting Workbench’s resolution. (Reading the Switcher simulation buttons in interlace mode is tough.) The layout is not very well thought out: The script window is too small; editing takes place either within the program or in a separate text editor (which is not hot- linked to the active script window); and controls are split between buttons ancl menus. Unlike the other programs, however, ToastMaster offers full control of the Toaster’s genlock utility and lets you create and insert Custom FX, short sequences that are treated as one command, into a script. The Toaster Toolkit is a collection of three utilities: Toaster Sequence Editor, Toaster Project Editor, and Framestore Compressor. The last is self-explanatory; however, when I tried to compress directories with more than 50 files, I received checksum errors and corrupted files. The Project Editor allows you to rearrange and delete effects from Toaster Projects, alter their speeds, and customize each Project to your work style. Smaller Projects load faster and take up less RAM. Toaster Sequence Editor (TSE) lias all the features necessary to control the Toaster, generating scripts in either Arexx or TSE’s compressed format. Unfortunately, you can load only TSE-format scripts. Screen and button design is comfortable, but the script window is quite small, showing only eight lines. .All four of these programs perform as promised. For straightforward jobs, Scriptgen is a quick and easy solution, but for more complex projects that require control of many Toaster aspects, the winner is Trexx Professional. Its easy-to-use interface, script display, and editing features edge out the others by a nose. Michad Hanish Transporter Amazing Computers, $ 249.95 Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 1MB RAM, two floppy drives. Recommended system: SMB of RAM, hard drive. Graphic formal conversion and single framing to tape. If you’re tired of such repetitive graphics operations as converting formats, saving single frames to tape, and grabbing multiple screens, Transporter brings the cure automation. Working with most of the popular graphic software, display devices, and single-frame controllers, Transporter allows you to get the most out of your equipment with the least effort. To set up Transporter, you must edit a config file, which tells the program the type of single-frame controller you’re using, the initialization string, where to send converted files, and the serial-port settings. Should your system change, you can later update the file within Transporter. The small but well-written manual answers most questions. Going Through the Changes The heart of Transporter is its script screen. This scripting interface is the basis for all conversions and image manipulation performed, and it makes the program simple to use. You call up the directory you want and click on the files J i (or range of files) you wish to transport; then choose the function you want (file conversion, animation disassembly, single-frame animation to tape, and so on), and click on accept. Changing large numbers of files from one graphics format to another is a breeze. The program provides several different conversion programs, including RGB to DCTV, Framestore to RGB. Sculpt 4D to IFF, RGB to HAM, RGB to embossed, RGB to line art, RGB to JPEG, and JPEG to RGB. Transporter is also compatible with Arexx programs, so ? The Fast Lane. The Fast Lane Chip RAM acceptor 4 2Mb cnp ram expansion removes me bggesi botoeneck in the Amiga - slow access to chip RAM. TFL gives super- fast access to display memory by allowing the CPU & custom chips to access chip ram transparently & simultaneously Works with 1 & 2Mb Agnus crips With TFL unaccelerated machines can access display ram at the same speed as fast RAM Accelerated Armgas will have up to 3 times ths bancMridth (depending on how they access the Amiga address space) The Speed Demon CPU Accelerators from BKP will access CRAM at the Winding speed of 21.6 Mbsec (6x the bandwidth of fast ram).The price is $ 269 without ram. Add S130 for 2Mb of memory Also needs 1 or 2Mb Agnus. 'Tower Peripherals that don't cost a King's Ransom! ” EPROM PROGRAMMER This compact unit plugs into the parallel port of Amiga and programs Amiga compatible KICKMAGIC u , , . „ . M A tnple rom, software programmable rom switcher that including MIDI channel select, all notes off, and 49 .
- , ' . , ... is battery backed and powers up with the last used additional program numbers) Being velocity sensitive
- the harder you hit. The buder the note Great value at$ 129. Don't lorgel our other great music hardware products SAM - combination unit reads 4 writes SMPTEMIDI Time Code. Includes MIDI Interface (4 out,1 in) 4 dedicated CPU for zero system overhead. $ 199 Crystal Sound - superb hi performance 8bit digitizer stereo. Crystal locked for jitter tree sampling $ 99 FA* Interface at low cost This versatile 4 compact EPROMs, allowing you to customise your operating battery operated unit (wth auto power down), will suit system or backup your e*t$ tmg one Pnce $ 69 An anyone from the prolessional musician, :o the optional pod to program |ust about any EPROM is Amiga hacker who is ‘ed up playing music with an $ 25. Amga compatible 40 pm Eprom's S30. Amga keyboard It has buttons for ON OFF. Key Split. Transpose. Program Change, 4 Alternate Functions Midi Express - MIDI interface (4 out. T in. 1 thru) with graphics card for S299 This product is broadcast pass thru $ 49 (see Aug A World for info on above 3) quality with many features. Black Knight Peripherals 255 W. Moana 207, Reno NV 89509 - Tel: (702) 827 8088 Fax: (702) 827 8099 Trademarks of relerar.t companies am acknswlodjod
- FREE HARDWARE - For Beta & Gamma Testers For details, send a 50 cent Stamped & Self-Addressed business size enve'cpe *c BKP. Please do not telephone about membership details. Quicknet. A combination hardware software ethemet network & 8Mb memory board tor the Amiga. Two yea-s in development. This hardware & software package will take the Amiga into previously untapoed areas Supoorts Thick- net & Twisted Pair with optional coax support Quicknet is 'peer to peer', meaning that any peripheral on any computer on the network, is accessible by any ether. It is fast & completely transparent to the user.The software is in ROM allowing the Amiga to boot off the network. Quicknet software is 1.3 & 2.0 compatible and runs as a background task. The Quicknet package is $ 399 and includes everything needed to get you up and runnmg. Operating system Up to FOUR versions of the operating system can be installed Price $ 59. Limited bundlo doal • KM + Eprom programmer $ 99 Kick2 - two ron sockets, hardware switched $ 29. TOP CHIP Two Meg of chip RAM tor your A500 2000. This supersmall unit includes 2Mb of memory that can later THE BLACK KNIGHT NEEDS YOU! VKEY What every Amiga music butt has been waiting tor - a
• 19 key. Velocity sensitive keyboard with MIDI the Twin ultrafast, low noise converters for up to 70 Hz m bo used on The Fast Lane Price $ 199. Next month • look out for Brightspark our 32 bit READ ON! T shirt with purchase Free TJ>n' 00 or more!! Of h unusual Cable company... Weird 3na COMPUTER QUACK-UPS! ORDER YOUR T-SR RT TODAY'. F°r The bea'er COAST pt-ST COASJ 6.882-2009 c 6.863-A430 3 0e$ ‘ gr s K ia ab e p js$ 3 00 Shipping & handling Circle 172 on Reader Service card Circle 30 on Reader Service card. Great Educational Products Now available from AmigaWorld EUROPE’S TOP-SELLING home educational ser ies. Fun School teaches basic skills to children in an entertaining, game-siyle format. T he latest version of the series, Fun School 4, is separated into three age groups: Teddy is for children 5 and under, Freddie the Frog is for ages 5 to 7, and Sammy the Spy is for ages 8 to
11. Each age level has six different games, which teach and test different facts and concepts. Each is only $ 34.95 Order all 3 for only $ 89.95 AMIGA INTERN is the definitive reference library in one guide from Abacus Books for all Amiga 500, 1000, 2000, 2500 and 3000 users. Amiga Intent will educate you on the internals of the Amiga 3000. The essentials of the 08030 processor and its environment, the new operation system Release 2.0 (Workbench 2.0 and Kickstart 2.xx), and the Arexx programming language all in three easy-to-use sections. Amiga Intern also contains an extensive reference section on Kickstart 2.xx. 1000 pages. Only $ 39.95 Amiga Intern Fun School 4 To order call 1 -800-824-5499 or 41 0-546-01 80 (outside the U.S.) Or send your payment to: AmigaWorld Magazine, PO Box 2151,Salisbury, MD 21802 For Shipping and Handling, add S3.95 for Amiga Intern, $ 2.95 for any Fun School 4 product, or $ 4.95 for any 2 or more products. Maryland and California residents add appropriate taxes. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Amiga Intern is a regisicied trademark of Abacus Books. Fun School 1 is a registered trademark of Furopress Software. R E V I E S you can design your own conversions, 1 he program supports both Video Toaster (NewTek) displays, DCTV (Digital Creations), Firecracker24 (Impulse), Impaci-Vision 24 (GVP), Colorburst (Centaur Software), anc! HAM-E (Black Belt Systems). In addition, version 1.1 promises support for Digital Micronics’ Resolver, INOVAtronics’ Avideo24, Centaur's OpalYtsion, and Amiga Centre Scotland’s Harlequin. You can easily convert most files; just run your display device or software (such as ASDG’s Art Department Professional or Black Belt’s Image Master) in the background, press Amiga-M to send it to the back, and start up Transporter, it will take over from there, even numbering the results sequentially. File Transporter also shines at creating animations from previously rendered frames. Single-framing animations to tape ties up your equipment for long periods of time. With Transporter, you can record your frames to disk and send them to tape later on. Using the script screen, you can loop, reverse, and repeat anv number of frames. This means no Transporter’s editing screen controls framegrabbing, time-lapse photography, and single-frame controllers. BROADCAST QUALITY TITLING & EFFECTS r a 51 InnoVision Technology 1933 Davis Street, Suite 238 • San Leandro, CA 94577
(510) 638-8432 * FAX (510) 638-6453 Amiga is a trademark of Commodore Business Machines. Inc. A&NERWttmJ&FONT
- ERAS FONT
- fimmffia h- KofttNNAFOMT- CooperFont -
- 0PTIGAFQNT- REVUEfQMT
- RowGEopotrr SEBIFA FONT SwiSSlTAUO-FQNT jy SUPER KGH RESOLUTION LJ TRUE 35 NANOSECOND DISPLAY T BROADCAST QUALITY TEXT GbfERATION 1 1472x480 PIXELS is n 736x480 PIXELS Z MIX BOTH RESOLUTIONS ON A SINGLE PAGE InnoVision Technology>
- GURRENT-GQNOITJQNS- VALLEJO "70 CONCORD 72 SAN FRANCISCO 68 OAKLAND 72
- HAYWARD -------- FREMONT A 4 A A A A A A - _ A A A A A A A A A A A A A f orii Scoling and Anri-Aiiasing FONT ENHANCER -JaJT I I- -1 Broadcast Titler Font Pack creates the additional variety and interest you've been looking for in your productions with ten new broadcast quality master typefaces. Designed specifically for video, each style comes in a full range of sizes, and includes special symbols and international accents. NEW BROADCAST TITLER FONT PACK 2 Broadcast Titler Font Enhancer lets you easily transform ordinary Amiga Fonts into attractive anti-aliased titles for use with Broadcast Titler 2. Automatic kerning is added for precise character spacing. The font resizing feature lets you create a range of useful sizes from a single Amiga font. Broadcast Titler 2 provides the ultimate in Amiga video titling and effects. Versatile and easy to use, its high quality anti-aliased fonts, smooth real time page and line transitions, and advanced graphic capabilities make it the character generator of choice for professional videographers. Broadcast Titler 2 Super High Res produces true 35 nanosecond video titling utilizing the Amiga ECS chip set Doubling video resolution allows this innovative upgrade to operate at network resolution, equaling that of dedicated Character Generators costing thousands more. Complicated commands created in a text editor or editing together different parts of an animation. Building or ripping apart an OPT-5 Anim is equally simple, as is singleframing your animation to tape. Simply choose the frames you want to record j and in what order, click on the accept gadget and you’re off. Transporter supports some of the most popular single- frame controllers, including VLAN (VideoMedia), BCD 2000A and 5000, MINIVAS (Lyon-Lamb), and DQ-TACO (Diaquest). It also supports Geodesic Publications’ Air-Link infrared controller, which lets you to use a standard consumer VCR to record your anima- tions to tape. The results are not frame- accurate. But it’s a nice feature if you can’t afford a frame-accurate VCR. Grab Ait You Can Transporter rounds out its video repertoire with framegrabbing, time-lapse photography, and insert editing. The display shows your in-point, out-point. And current time-code position. You have full control of all tape functions, including play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, shuttle, and jog. Currently, however, your only choices are the Toaster and IV-
24. You cannot grab frames from rolling video, so vou must have a frame-accurate VCR (or a quality time-base corrector) with the ability to pause on a frame. The results aren’t quite as good as real-time grabs, but they’re fine if you plan to further manipulate the images. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my single-frame controller (a BCD-5000) to work with Transporter. Tech support was very helpful even calling hack to see il a suggested remedy had worked and they claim to use a BCD-2000 with Transporter without a hitch. At press time, they suggested that the culprit might be outdated ROMs in the BCD-5000, but I have I vet to test this theory. ? J J Out of Control. Control. Now supported on the Commodore Amiga™ by ASDG. 608 273-6585 * Make your own 35mm slides, prints and pocket-sized overhead transparencies right from your PC instantly with Polaroid's Desktop Color Film Recorders. You’ve got a big presentation. You've got pressures and deadlines. The last thing you need to worry about are your slides. Will they look good? Will they come back right? And on time? Will they cost a fortune? With a Desktop Color Film Recorder from Polaroid you can relax. It’s right at your desk so you can make last minute changes. And, it’s easy to use. Both the CI-3000T“ and the 01-5000™ are compatible with all leading DOS Windows software packages. Plus, the CI-5000 works with the Mac to bring you an even broader imaging range and slides at 4000 lines of resolution. Besl of all, it's from Polaroid so you get award winning professional quality, sharp text and brilliant colors. For more information or a free demonstration, cail us at 1-800-225-1618. And take control of your next presentation. Nothing Works Like Polaroid Instant Presentation Solutions IHH is V j, i;'¦
- T™TP, "“TTFTT.T pr,
• V *- - 1 If you deal with large numbers of graphics images or with other artists working in different file formats, Transporter can be a lifesaver. It gets the brainless, labor-intensive work done, leaving you available to tackle more important tasks. 'Hie price is a bit steep to buy the program for file conversion alone, blit if you have better luck with your controller than I do, you’ll get your money’s worth. Chris Cojiroy StarsFX MultimediaFX SpectrumFX VocoderFX Pacific Digital, $ 49.95 each. Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected.
2. 0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 512K RAM (Stars, Spectrum}; 1MR (Multimedia, Vocoder). Recommended system: 2MB RAM. Audio and visual effects for hobbyists and studios. Need some off-the-wall special effects? StarsFX, MultimediaFX, and Spec- tmmFX VocoderFX offer unique sound and graphic tricks. StarsFX generates an overscanned star field that’s backed by stereo spaceship sounds. As vou steer the mouse, the stars and sound sweep left or right. It’s a perfect background for science-fiction videos -just genlock in a spaceship. You can even customize star fields, save presets, and import IFF sounds. MultimediaFX combines 32 frames of 16-color lo-res animation (quarter-screen size) with four channels of sampled sound. You can manipulate the sound and animation via on-screen control panels or keyboard presets to produce anything from mood music for a horror film to annoyed neighbors. The F2 key blanks out the control panel, so you can send the animation to videotape. SpectrumFX transforms a sound sample into a 3-D image. You can then alter the sound (which in turn alters the picture) and change the viewing angle. Save the images as a sequence of IFF files for an interesting, abstract 3-D animation. Packaged with SpectrumFX, VocoderFX takes two samples and splices them into a third sound. For example, input a horn honking and a man yelling “Road- 11 ¦**riiw ¦
* i - . SpectrumFX creates a 3-D image from a sound sample. Hog,” and VocoderFX gives you a talking car horn. Until now such expensive effects were available only to big studios. My one gripe is that all documentation is provided on disk, instead of in manuals. Otherwise, these are powerful tools at bargain prices. Gene Hamm Video Music Box Digital Expressions, S109 Hard-drive installable. Not copy protected. Not 2.0 compatible. Accelerator compatible. Minimum system: 1MB RAM. Recommended system: 3MB RAM, hard drive, MIDI interface and sound modules, external amplifier and speakers. Beginner’s sound-track generator for video or multimedia. In this age of shortcuts, tools for inexperienced users make it possible to produce complex results with little technical knowledge. The latest of these is Video Music Box (VMB), a utility program aimed at aiding sound-track composition for multimedia and video projects. The spirit is willing, but the code is weak. VMB generates musical sequences in either SMUS or MIDI format from styles and chord progressions. Styles are form- and-feel templates that produce more or less certain genres of music (blues, jazz, rock, and so on) by following the musical outlines of the designated chord progression. You can then combine up to five of these short riffs into sound tracks for longer pieces, controlling the length, volume, and instrumentation of each. Styles, progressions, sequences, and sound tracks can all be edited, as well. You can create new styles with an included utility that converts a SMUS or MIDI sequence of up to 12 measures into a style template. The system is quite flexible, and it gives you many generation options. With experimentation, you can produce some interesting variations. The fact, however, that only Five of these can be put together into a sound track needlessly limits the music's scope and movement. You can work around this by exporting sound tracks to an external sequencing program for editing and combination. Editing style and sound-track note data is a simple matter. Each of the four JhiMjoM JwfelUdtJ Airftlbdejf Video Music Box’s sound-track parameters control screen lets you play and alter your music. Parts is color coded, and you enter or alter note-pitch and duration data by clicking and dragging. The cursor location shows precise time and pitch, so the system works quite well for what it does. The playback controls seem quirky under 2.0 on A200Qs, both from the preview panel and the edit screens. The preview panel should allow for quick and easy playback of a sequence or sound track, but this works only after you depress the play button and hold down one of the mouse buttons. The Play Screen menu item seems to have no effect. (Even the clear and thorough manual was no help here.) Without being able to hear edits as they are done, I found this whole area of the program useless, even though it is well implemented. Mercifully, it appears to work fine under 1.3. Unfortunately, I have to rate Video Music Box with a “Not Ready for Prime Time” status. Beginners will find it an interesting and simple way to generate background pieces of very limited complexity, but will soon run up against the program’s limitations. The biggest overall problem is a shortage of the features necessary to generate music that moves and changes with expression. Video Music Box is on its way, but needs much more depth to be workable. By Michael Hanish ¦ ' ' p e'V A’'V°'
i. e' . O' b ,e a'J0 Ae0 b .- >1©' 8 A® PM AA A a** w© A© .0 9r.? O’ 0 A©0 0' ©X ,0 ' 'V* V C V" xe °!>0' , ©° c' Io axV® Go' V VV A6V*
* &%%?* f ' °-. >>1ev ' e©
* ¦. ** Jp* .V* A0- V O' LIST OF ADVERTISERS 191 Alpha Data. 43 Header * Hammond Photographic Seivices 12 4 Amigaman. 90-91 Service ASDG, 37 Xwnher 31 75 Innovision Technology. 60 INOVAtronics, Inc., Cl 11 s AmigaWorld 173 J&C Computer Serv ice, 102 Get Animated, 96 32 Kara Computer Graphics, 24 Ra . .a Video, 75 * Kasara Microsystems, 102 Educational Products, 59 34 Manta. 79 * AmigaWorld Tool Chest, 100 93 Memory World, 89 85 Bare Bones Software, 101 99 Micro RX.-D. 103 30 Black Knight Peripherals, 59 6 Microbotics, 22 7 Briwall. 97, 99 183 MicroMiga, 102 162 Centaur Software, 46-47 * Montgomery Grant, 103 9 Commodore Business Machines, 21 65 New 1 lui i ons Software, 9 10 Computability, 76-77 37 New'Ilk, Inc., CIV 13 Creative Computers, 66-73 170 Northwest Public Domain. 102 14 DevWare, Inc., 94-95 24 Polaroid. 61 16 Digital Creations, 49 188 Ramco Computer Supplies, 73 63 Digital Creations, 51 172 Redmond Cable, 59 76 Digital Expressions, 101 42 RGB Computer & Video, 23 156 Digital Images, 102 44 Safe 11 arbor, 84-85 171 Digital Process Systems, Inc., 57
41) SAS Institute, 63 95 Easy script! Software, 102 21 Sharp Electronics Corp.. 49 185 Electronic Serv ices, Int l. 102 45 Sideline Software. 88 * Elite Mircocomputers, 103 81 Smart soft. 65 100 Fairbmthers Inc., 101 90 SMC. Software Publishers, 101 166 Foxy 1 ec. 103 16 StiltLogik Corporation, 25 18 Genie Information Services. 55 88 Software 1 lut, 101 13 Go AMIGA, 80-81 48 Softwood, Inc., 19 154 Gold Disk. Inc., 1 57 Sunrize Industries, 41 194 Grafx Computing, 101 * Supra Corporation. Cl I 20 Grapevine Group, Inc., The, 86-87 99 Tcnex Computer Express, 92-93 (37 Graphic Impressions, 103 70
11. AS. 102 1 Great Valley Products, Inc., 2 * IOC: Inc., 103 1 Great Valley Products, Inc.. 4 71 Tri State Computer, 83 I Great Valley Products, Inc.. 5 86 Visionsoft, 101 1 Great Valley Products, Inc.. 7 * Wliitcstone, 89 1 Great Valley Products, Inc., 11 176 Zipperware, 102 1 Great Valley Products, Inc., 13 25 Great Valley Products, Inc., 15 This index is provided as an additional service. ‘Hie publisher does not assume liability for errors or omissions. Header Sendee Number
• This advertiser prefers lo be contacted directly. NOTICE TO ADVERTISERS All advertising is subject to the approval of the Publisher and Amiga World reserves the right to refuse advertising without notice. The advertising herein that has been typeset and or designed by .imiga World is the property ofAmiga]Ibrld. And not that of the advertiser. The advertiser has purchased the right of reproduction in AmigaWorld only, and does not have the right to reproduce the ad in any other publication without the expressed written consent of Amiga World. Advertisers and or their agencies assume the responsibility for the condition ol the contents of the advertising printed herein and agree to indemnify the Publisher of Amiga World for any claims and or expenses incurred therefrom. AmigalVorld is not responsible for changes to artwork after the given advertising deadlines, nor assumes re* sponsibilitv for mistakes, misprints, or typographical errors, and will not issue credits of any kind lor such errors. AmigalVorld advises advertisers that statements regarding shipping and handling charges, warranties and or monev-back guarantees should be included within all forms of advertising m AmigaWorld. The opinions expressed in the articles and advertising appearing herein are those of the authors and or advertisers and arc not necessarily those of AmigaWbrld. Advertising Inquiries should be directed to Advertising Offices, tmi rWforW, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458; telephone: 800-441-1403. Subscription problems or address changes: Write a Amiga World, Subscript ion Dept., PO Box 58804, Boulder. CO 80332*8804. Problems with advertisers: Send a description of the problem and your current address to: AmigaWorld, SO Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458, ATTN.: Mary McGole, Customer Service Liaison. AmigaWurld is ;i publication ol International Data I.roup, the world's largest publisher of computer-related inf ormation and the leading global provider of information services on information technolog). International Data Group publishes over 181 computer publications in more liian 58 countries. Thirty million people read one nr more oflnteniational Data Group’s publications each month. International Data Group's publications include: ARGENTINA'S Comfmleruvrbt Argentina, Info- nmrhl Argentina; AslA’s Computerworld Hong Kong, Computerworld Malaysia, Computeruvrld Southeast Asia, PC World Hong Kong, PC World Malaysia, PC World Singapore; AUSTRALIAN Australian Marworid, Australian PC World. Computer-world Australia. Information Decisions, Profit, Reseller. AUSTRIAN CompiUeni'elt Oesterreich: BRAZIL'S Datamini's, Manila IHM. Mundo Unix. PCMitndo, Pub- lisltl; BULGARIAN Computerworld Itidgurin. Edhvorld, PC World Express; CANADA'S Direct derm*. Graduate Computemvrld. Info- Canada, Network World Canada; CHILE'S Computerworld, hifor- matica; COLUMBIAN Computerworld Columbia: CZECHOSLOVAKIAN Computerworld Czechosloiakia, PC Wotld Czechoslovakia: DENMARK’S CAD CAM WORLD, Communications World. Computerworld Danmark. Computemvrld Eo to. Computeruvrld Uddan- nthe. IAN World. I.OPUS World. Macintosh hiehiklkahllog, Mac- world Danmark, PC World Danmark, PC World Produktguide; Windows World: ECUADOR'S IT. World, EGYPT* PC World Middle East; FINLAND'S Mikro PC, Tietoverkko, Tietoviikko; ERANCEN Computer Dirrct, Disiribtdicpie, GqtJ)F.A AHC, Info- PC. Languages if Systems. Is Guide dtt Monde htformatique. Is Monde Inforrnatique, Telecoms if Resea ux International; GERMANY'S Computer-vm hr. ( omputeneofhr Extra, Colnputrruvchr lotus. Cornputenvoche Karriere. Edv nspekte, Information Management. Imus Well. Maavelt. Nelzwelt, PC Welt, PC. Wocke, Publish!, Unit, Unix ft; ; GREECE’S Infr.eorld, PC Games, PC World Greece: HUNGARY’S Computerworld SZT, Mikroviiag Magazin, PC Win Id, I NDIA's Computer, if Communications; ISRAEIN Comput- erworhl Israel, Y. World Israel; El ALYN Computeruvrld Italia, Macworld Italia, Networking Italia, PC World 7 i j; |AEAN’s Comput- emvdd Japan, Macworld fii uin, Sun World Japan; KENYAN East African Computer News; KOREAN ComputerworldKorea, Macworld Korea, PC World Korea; MEXICO'S Compu Edirion, Campu Manufacture!, Grmputucimi Purna de I hita. Compuieruorld Mexico, Mnc- 11 or Id, Mn ado Unix, PC Journal, Iliru oa's; THE NETHERLANDS’ Computer.1 Tutaal, Computerworld Netherlands. LAX Magazine, MacWorld Magazine; NEW ZEALAND'S Computer tastings, Computerworld New Zealand. New Zealand PC Win Id; NIGERIAN PC World Africa: NORWAY'S Computer-world Norge, (' world, IDG Direct Response, Lotusworld Norge, Macworld Norge, Networld, IN. World Eksprexs. PC World Norge, PC World's Product Guide, Publish.' Worhi, Student Gulden, Unix World, Wnidowsuvrld: RERUN PC World; PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINAN Cjuna Computer-world, Consumer Electronics New Ibvduct World. Electronics International. Xeic Product World, PC World China; THE PH1LIP- I'lN'EN Compuierwortd. PC World: POLAND’S Computerworld Ibland; ROMANIAN Infochtb Magazine; RUSSIAN Computer- world-Moseaw, Networks, PC World; SPAIN'S tra n World, Autoedi- cion. C M World. Communieaeiones World. Computerworld Esfxiha, Macworld Esfxiha, PC World Espaha. Publish!; SU'EDENN Af- fanekonomiManagement, Attack, CAD CAM World, Compute Sweden. Corporate Computing, Dalalngenjoren, Digilaf lhrlden, hikala Natrerk LAN, Iuitus World, MACifPC, Macworld. Maxi Data, Mikivdatom. PC World, hihlishing if Design = CAP), Unix Oppna system,Windows; SWITZERLAND'S Computerworld Schweiz, Mac- world Schweiz. PC if Workstation; TAIWAN'S Ckimpulerworid Taiwan. PC World Taiwan; THAILAND'S Thai Computerworld', TURKEYN CompiUeni'orld Monitor, Macworld Ttnkiyr, PC World Turkrye; EH E UN fl ED KINGDOM'S Lotus Magazine, Macworld; THE UNITED STATES' AmigaWorld, CM in the Classroom, CIO, Computer Buying World, Computerworld. Digital News, DOS Resource Guide. Electronic News, Federal Computer Week, GimePro, UX! Bixjks. InCider A + . InfoWodd, Lotus, Macuorld, MPC World. Netuork World. NeXTWORLD. PC Games, PC Letter, PC World, hibhshl, RUN. SunWorld, SWAT Pm; VENEZUELAN Cmputer- world Ihiezuela, MiavCompnlrrwortd hiezurhi, YU( lOSLAVTA's Moj Mikro. Productivity Software Information and Order Line: 800-824-6785 Final Copy 11 contains everything in the original Final Copy plus: structured drawing tools, style sheets, master pages, color text, 1.4 million response thesaurus, 144,000 word speller, math, paragraph sorting, mail-merge, left-right pages, text obliquing, new user- inlerface. Improved memory' management, many new Arexx commands, vertical mler option, new page guides, and more. Use the structured drawing tools to create boxes, ovals, lines, arrow’s, circles, and squares in your document. FinalCopy produces the highest quality output of any Amiga word processor. It comes with 35 outline fonts and creates documents that can be printed on any
1. 3 or 2.0 Workbench supported graphic printer or PostScript® printer. Say goodbye to jagged edged output forever. Includes a 114,000 word speller, 470,000 synonym thesaurus with definitions, automatic text flow around graphics, automatic hyphenation. Arexx port, headers, footers, and multiple columns. Final Copy Final Copy U Best Printing on the Amiga! Best Printing on the Amiga! SoftClips Clip-Art is an extensive collection of high- rcsolution, bit-mapped images that can he imported into documents created by most major word-processing and publishing programs on the Amiga. Each volume contains 4 disks, packed with hundreds of useful pictures, created by professional artists. These images arc designed for letters, newsletters, reports, and many other documents for home and business use. Srfrfii rv Softf Solt xi ¦an us SoftFaces from SoftWood utilize only the highest quality fonLs, designed by world-famous type designers. Each volume contains 25 typefaces. These carefully chosen typefaces are designed exclusively for use with Final Copy. Widely recognized and useful, SoftFaces' professional quality typefaces give your documents the creative flair they deserve. These typefaces arc outline fonts that can be sized from 4 points (1 28 inch) to over 300 points (over 4 inches). These fonts have no jaggies and will print using the full capabilities of your printer. Best Clip-Art on the Amiga! 449S each Quality Typefaces for Final Copy FREE 800 LINE TECHNICAL SUPPORT: You will be given our Exclusive 800 Toll-Free Technical Support Phone Number to call should you require any help or advice on any aspect of the software in the US and Canada. EXPRESS SHIPPING: Next-day shipping to most cities in the continental U.S. only $ 3.00, Hawaii and Alaska $ 13.00. Free 2nd day shipping anywhere in continental U.S. ORDER BY PHONE: Phone our Order Line with your Visa or Mastercard number and expiration date, M-F, 8-5 P.M. MST WARRANTY 30 day exchange on all products - no questions asked. SmartSoft, Inc., P.O. Box 51840, Phoenix, AZ 85076 Circle 81 on Reader Service card
U. S. ORDERS ONLY: 800-872-8882 CUSTOMER SERVICE OR 310-214-0000 ORDER STATUS CANADA: 1-800-548-2512 Mon-Sat 8-6 PST FAX: 310-214-0932 4453 Redondo Beach Blvd., Lawndale, CA 90260 DRIVES, HARD DRIVES SYQUEST CARTRIDGE 45MB SYQUEST CARTRIDGE 8BMB
109. 00 MEGA MIDGET RAM 4MB ......509.00 MERCURY 68040 FOR A3000 W FREE IMAGINE 2.0 2299 00 MIC ROBOTICS VXL30 25MHZ 500.2000 .319.00 PROGRESSIVE A500 040 28MMZ4MB . 1079.00 PROGRESSIVE A2000 28MHZ 040 1695.00 ZEUS 68040 28MHZ A2000 ..2349.00 POSTSCRIPT - MP ......369.00 PACIFIC 4 MEM. 2MB L-JET IIP Ill ... i . . U-wiwu ... 179.00 PRINTER ACCESSORIES DESKJET INK CLEANING INKMUN ...... ... 3,95 PAINTJET CUT PAPER . .....17.95 PAINTJET TRANS FILM .....54.95 PAINTJET Z-FOLD PAPER .. .....17.95 | MONITORS AND ACCESSORIES f AND CONTROLLERS CBM PRODUCTS AT DRIVES & CONTR TRUMPCARD 500 AT 179 00 SCSI CONTROLLERS ADVANTAGE 2000 SCSI ....99.95 IVS GRANDSLAM 2000 ....239.00 IVS GRANDSLAM 500 .....289.00 IVS TRUMPCARD A2000 PROF .159.00 IVS TRUMPCARD A500 PROF ..... 229.00 COMMODORE SOFTWARE AMIGA VISION ...99.95 TCP IP NETWORKING SOFTWARE .139.00 COMMODORE REPLACEMENT PARTS A2000 KEYBOARD 129.00 A3000 POWER SUPPLY ..199.00 A500 DRIVE REPLACEMENT .159.00 COMMODORE ACCESSORIES A1011 EXTERNL FLOPPY 3.5" FDD 139.00 A1680 1200 BAUD MODEM .49,95 A2232 MULTI-SERIAL BRD ....299.00 A2286 AT BRIDGECARD .429.00 A2320 DISPLAY ENHANCER FOR A2000 .239.00 A520 COMPOSITE ADAPTOR ..41.95 PRINTERS AND ACCESSORIES PRINTERS DESKJET 500 . DESKJET C . LASERJET IIP* ...... LASERJET IMP WITH EP-L TONER NEWGEN PS 300P PAINTJET PARALLEL PRINTER ... QMS PS-410 LASER POSTSCRIPT PRINTER ..... PRINT CARTRIDGES MULTISYNC MONITORS IDEK DR-3114 ..359.00 . 429 00 .. 759.00 . 899 00
1399. 00 ..699.00
1599. 00 'Ml-** ' * I tiitt ttt i-l.-M >>rr.... IDEK MF-5317 (RESOLVER) .. .... ...999.00 IDEK MF-5421A AUTO SYNC 21" .2349 00 SEIKO 1440 MULTISYNC .. SONY 1302A .. SONY 1304S MULTISYNC ... .... 519 00
699. 00 ,...625.00 INPUT HARDWARE GENIUS GENITIZER 12X12 ,,.349.00 MIRACLE KEYBOARD .. ...359.00 SKETCH MASTER 12X12 ... ... 439,00 SKETCH MASTER 12X18 ... WIZ DRAWING TABLET 7.5 X 7.5 X-SPECS 3D ...619.00 ...239.00 ...109.95 SCANNERS DIGITIZERS EPSON ES3QQC SCANNER COLOR 256 GRAY ... HAND SCANNER, GOLDEN IMAGE . SHARP JX100 SCANNER .... ,...999.00 199 00 ....299.00 AUDIO MIDI | ECE MIDI A1000 49.95 FLOPPY DRIVES A2000 INT. DISK DRIVE . A3000 INT DISK DRIVE .. ROCLITE FLOPPY WHITE .... ROC LITE FLOPPY BLACK .... ROCLITE FLOPPY DRIVE AV...... .... 99 95
99. 95 ....94.95 ....99.95 ....89.95 ..399 00 ..569 00 ..239 00 ..299.95 ..369.00 ..399.00 .. 539.00 ..689.00
1199. 00 ..329.00 439 00 HARD DRIVES PRIMA 52i ..... PRIMA 105i ... QUANTUM 52MB LPS SCSI HD...... QUANTUM 80MB LPS SCSI HD...... QUANTUM 105MB LPS SCSI HD .... QUANTUM 12GMB LPS SCSI HD .... QUANTUM PRODRIVE 170MB . QUANTUM 210MB SCSI HARD DRIVE QUANTUM 240MB LPS SCSI HD .... QUANTUM 425MB SCSI HD ..... DESKJET BLACK CARTRIDGE 16.95 DESKJET INK COLOR KIT STARTER 34.95 EP-L TONER CARTRIDGE LASER PRINTER TONER ....76.95 EP-S TONER CARTRIDGE LASER PRINTER TONER ....99.95 OKIMATE BLACK RIBBON ...4.99 OKIMATE COLOR RIBBON ..5.99 PAINTJET BLACK CARTRIDGE FOR XL .....25 95 PAINTJET COLOR CARTRIDGE ..29.95 ACCELERATORS FOR GVP’S ACCELERATORS SEE OUR GVP FULL PAGE AD A2630 ROCKET LAUNCHER ..619.00 ADSPEEO * .179.00 CSA MAGNUM 040 25MHZ A2000 CONSUMER VER .....2595.00 MEGA MIDGET RACER 25MHZ W MMU .349.00 MEGA MIDGET RACER 25MHZ W MMU FPU 409.00 MEGA MIDGET RAM 2MB ......279.00 REMOVABLE MEDIA SYQUEST 44MB DRIVE .. SYQUEST 88MB DRIVE .. LASERJET PRINTER CARTRIDGES PACIFIC PAGE P E Art Department Professional Ver 2.1 PROGRCjOIVE P€RIPH£Rf)L ' ayOFTUIFIRt Art Department Pro gives you the most powerful image processing system ever offered for the Amiga. Now with JPEG compression and 24-Bit printing .. MSB00 A2000 28mhz '040 ...$ 1695°° I* 28mhZ 68040
• Up to 32meg$
• FREE imagine Zeus 040
• Real time response In fuB perspective
• Photo-realstic Rendering - p
• Userfrtenfly . L
• Free Videotape included! =>: Accelerator for the A2000 s234900
• SCSI-2 DMA HD Controller
• 28Mhz or 33Mhz 68040 Accelerator
• 64Mb High-speed 32-Bit RAM Expansion '!* XV* TF f 5?! Sharp JX-100 The FASTEST A3000 Accelerator ] Mercury A3000 with FREE Imagine 2.0 ....s214900 A Creative Computers Exclusive! The Progressive 040 500
* 1078™ These are all Brand-New no used or refurbished units! A portable 200 dpi 18-Bit color scanner. Includes Scanlab software from ASDG .Was $ 699°° 24-Bit scanning software included Now at the Unbelievable price of ,$ 299°° ...brings the speed and performance of 28Mhz 68040 acceleration, fully populated with 4MB of 32-Bit RAM, to Amiga 500 users. Running at up to 25 times the speed of a standard Amiga 500, and up to 5 times the speed of Amiga 500 68030-based accelerators. DHL Overnight Shipping to Canada as low as $ 15 ost rates cheaper than Express Mail at the Post Office! Lowest overnight rates in the business" HARPOON ...41.95 HARPOON 8ATTLESET 43 MEDITERRANEAN CONFLICT 20.95 HARPOON DESIGNER' SERIES ..34.95 HARPOON SCENARIO EDITOR ...27.95 HARPOON CHALLENGER PACK ......62.95 NAPOLEAN .. 34.95 OVERLORD 32.95 PACIFIC ISLANDS ...29.95 POPULOUS .29.95 POPULOUS II .. 38.95 POWERMONGER ....33.95 POWERMONGER WWI DATA ..19.95 THE THIRD REICH ..26 95 WORLDS AT WAR ...29.95 ROLE PLAYING BANE OF THE COSMIC FORGE .....38.95 BARD S TALE III THIEF OF FATE __ 34.95 BLACK CRYPT ...34.95 CHAOS HINTDlSK: DUNGEON MASTER II 14.95 DARK QUEEN OF KRYNN ... 34.95 DUNGEON MASTER 19.95 DUNGEON MASTER II CHAOS STRIKES BACK ..19,95 EYE OF THE BEHOLDER . 38.95 EYE OF THE BEHOLDER II ......38.95 KING S QUEST IV .. 38.95 KING S QUEST V .....38.95 LOST TREASURES OF INFOCOM 45.95 MEGATRAVELLER ..38.95 ROMANCE OF THE 3 KINGDOMS II ...44.95 ULTIMA V WARRIORS OF DESTINY ..35.95 ULTIMA VI: THE FALSE PROPHET . ..44.95 FLIGHT SIMULATORS A’10 TANK KILLER 1.5 .... ..39.95 AIRBUS 320 PAL .. ..CALL BIRDS OF PREY ...... .....34,95 FI 5 STRIKE EAGLE II ... ..39 95 F19 STEALTH FIGHTER . ..34 95 FALCON . ..32.95 FALCCN MISSION DISK 2 .. ..19.95 FIGHTER DUEL .. ...29.95 FLIGHT SIMULATOR II... ..32.49 GUNSHIP ..35.95 KNIGHTS OF THE SKY . ..39.95 MEGAFORTRESS: FLIGHT OF THE OLD DOG . ..39.95 MEGAFORTRESS: MISSION DISK 1 MEGAFORTRESS: MISSION DISK 2 MIG 29: ACCOLADE ...
27. 95 ..27.95 ..36.95 RED BARON .. THUNDERHAWK ......
39. 95 ..34.95 GRAPHIC ADVENTURE COVERT ACTION .. ...39.95 ELVIRA THE FANTASY ADVENTURE
38. 95 ELVIRA II .... ....45.95 FOUR CRYSTALS OF TRAZERE .... ...34.95 HEART OF CHINA ....39.95 LIFE AND DEATH ... ...32.95 OUT OF THIS WORLD .. ....39.95 POLICE QUEST III ... ....39.95 RISE OF THE DRAGON . ....39.95 ROBIN HOOD CONQUEST OF LONGBOW . 30.95 SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND 38.95 SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND 2 .38,95 SINGE'S CASTLE DRAGON'S LAIR ....34.95 SPACE QUEST I ENHANCED ...34.95 SPACE QUEST IV . 39.95 SPIRIT OF EXCALIBUR .... 32.49 STARFLIGHT II ..34.95 TIME WARP DRAGON S LAIR II ...34.95 VENGEANCE OF EXCALIBUR .32.95 WILLY BEMISH ..39 95 SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT 4D SPORTS BOXING ..34.95 4D SPORTS DRIVING ...34,95 ABC MAIN EVENT BOXING ......34.95 BRIDGE 6 0 .25.95 FAST EDDIE'S POOL ...22.25 GRETZKY HOCKEY 2 . 42.95 HOCKEY LEAGUE SIM ......22.95 HOYLE BOOK OF GAMES 3 .....29.95 INDIANAPOLIS 500 .34.95 INTERNATIONAL SPORTS CHALLENGE . 29 95 ISHIDO ... 29.95 JACK NICKLAUS COURSE 5 ....14.95 JACK NICKLAUS UNLIM. GOLF & DES .. 38.95 LINKS GOLF ......39.95 LINKS DATA DISK BOUNTSFULL COUNTRY CLUB ......17.95 LINKS DATA DISK FIRESTONE COUNTRY CLUB 17.95 MICROPROSE GREENS’1 .. 38 95 PGA TOUR GOLF ...34,95 TESTDRIVE II THE DUEL .. 32,49 WORLD CIRCUIT GRAND PRIX ......39.95 CDTV TITLES .49.95 .27.95 . 39.95 .35.95 .49,95 .49.95 .49.95 .48.95 .48.95 ,48.95 .29.95 .19.95 AMERICAN HERITAGE DICTIONARY .. BARNEY BEAR GOES TO SCHOOL..... BATTLE CHESS .. CASE OP THE CAUTIOUS CONDOR ... CDTV FOR KIDS VOL. T ...... CDTV FOR KIDS VOL. 2 ...... CDTV FOR KIDS VOL. 3 ...... FRED FISH BBS ONLINE ..... FRED FISH COLLECTION FRED FISH ONLINE CD MY PAINT ...... NASA: THE 25TH YEAR ACCESSOR1ES MISC FLICKER MASTER ..12.95 DUST COVERS AND KEYBOARD SKINS AVAIL .....-CALL CABLES FOR MOST NEEDS USES AVAIL ..CALL KEYBOARD TEMPLATES FOR TOASTER CG. TOASTER SWITCHER. DCTV & DPAINT IV FOR AMIGA 500'2000 3000 ..CALL INPUT ACCESSORIES BEETLE MOUSE (ASSORTED COLORS).. 34.95 GOLDEN IMAGE 2 BUTTON MOUSE .34.95 GOLDEN IMAGE CORDLESS MOUSE ......74.95 GOLDEN IMAGE OPTICAL MOUSE 64.95 TRACKBALL AMTRAC ... 59.95 DSS-8 $ 84 Fund urn- Record, edit, compose...with a high-quality, stereo sound sampler. Includes a fast, powerful, easy-to-use editor and a self-contained 4-track sequencer. Final Copy Outline fonts, 470,000 word Thesaurus, 116,000 word dictionary, Multiple columns, IFF graphic support, PostScript support, Work Bench 2.0 and Automatic hyphenation. Hard Drive Deal of the Year! A2000 owners: Choose an ICD AdSCSI 2000 or Trumpcard Classic, then well mount a new Quantum 40mb drive on only $ 209. A500 owners: Take a Trumpcard 500 with an installed 40mb Quantum only $ 239. (This is a limited time offer, no backorders) Firecracker Bundle VJU MR ¦ Charts & Graphs DKB 2632 Ram Expansion ijrapfu imagine Bundle! Imagine: A Guided Tour video Imagine plus IMACINE" Acuiprm.ta.in V995 tJ, Includes free object disk and you can upgrade I j to 2.0 for $ 100! Now expand your Amiga up to 112 megs of 32 Bit memory if you own the CBM A2632 Accelerator board. With 4megs '509K A Creative Computers
U. S. ORDERS ONLY: 800-872-8882 A • TM ative CANADA: 1-800-548-2512 4453 Redontfo Beach Blvd., Lawndale, CA 80260 COMPUTERS CUSTOMER SERVICE OR 310-214-0000 ORDER STATUS Mon-sat 8*8 PST FAX: 310-214-0932 EDITING HARDWARE BCD 200QA 799.00 BCD 5000 1995 00 NUCLEUS SINGLE FRAME CONTROLLER 2.0 369.00 PERSONAL VIDEO DISTRIBUTION AMPLIFIER AMIGA SLOT .....139.00 IBM SLOT ....139.00 HOT INTEGRATED VIDEO HARDWARE DCTV ..399 00 KITCHEN SYNC ... 1599 00 KITCHEN SYNC S VIDEO OPTION 119.00 PERSONAL VECTRASCOPE 789 00 PERSONAL TBC I ..479 00 PERSONAL TBC II . 799.00 SONY XV-D300 DIGITAL VIDEO ADAPTOR 289.00 VIDEO BLENDER ....CALL VIDEO TOASTER 2.0 .....2099.00 VIDEO TOASTER 2.0 FACTORY REFURBISHED ... 1799.00 BUSINESS SOFTWARE ACCOUNTING BEST BUSINESS MGMT ..142.00 DESKTOP 3UDGET ..„ .40.95 EASY LEDGERS .... 159 00 HOME FRONT 2.5 .. 54 95 MICRQLAWYER 37.95 PHASAR 4.0 59.95 SERVICE INDUSTRY ACCTNG ...159.00 DESKTOP PUBLISHING HOT LINKS FOR PAGESTREAM . 64.95 MIGRAPH OCR MULTILINGUAL SOFTWARE 249 00 PAGESTREAM 2.2 189.00 PROF PAGE STRUCTURED CLIP ART .... 38 95 PROF PAGE TEMPLATES 35,95 PROFESSIONAL PAGE 3 0 169 00 SAXONSCRIPT PROFESSIONAL 74.95 SPREADSHEET CHARTS AND GRAPHS ... 49.95 MAXIPLAN 4.0 ...99.95 PROFESSIONAL CALC ....189.00 DATABASES FAMILY TREE VERSION 2 46.95 SUPERBASE PERSONAL 2 ......59.95 SUPERBASE PROFESSIONAL 4 ......199.00 WORD PROCESSING FINAL COPY .59 95 FLOW 3 0 .. 57 95 PROPER GRAMMAR . 57 95 PROWRITE 3.2 .. 59 95 QUICK WRITE ....44 95 TRANSWRITE ... 39.95 HOME PRODUCTIVITY CONTACT 2.0 ....44.95 NOTEBOOK ..... 26.95 TOP FORM ... 52 95 WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN .....51.95 EDUCATiONAL ¦ LETTERS FOR YOU . ... 13 95 SOFTWARE 1 MATH A MAGICIAN .. MATH BLASTER PLUS 25 95 ... 32.95 GENERAL EDUCATIONAL PARTI F PlF fin RRAIM ....34.95 P? Q6 MATH WIZARD .... MCGEE ..... .. 19 95 .25 95 1 L-L Ul Ul l . ?nnin CROSSWORD CONST SET NUMBERS COUNT .. . 13 95 Uf IvwU f 1 vf 1U wWI i-J 1 UL 1 . DISTANT 1 .... L»- -l7J ao ae; OPPOSITES ATTRACT .. .. 13 95 Uiw 1 ni? 1 JUI >0 » L-t Jivii **. B . MAPLE V ...... MARK'S MATHLAB .. . .. 42S.00 34 95 RE AD-A-RAMA ... SPELLAFARI .. ... 19 95 ... 23 95 MATH-AMATION ... .... .43.95 LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION MAVIS BEACON TYPING .. ....34.95 AUDIO GALLERY CHINFSE 74 96 PELICAN PRESS .... .....64.95
* * »•* *-* ¦ r'UU Uu 1 1 « VA 1 1 V 1 » 1 . Iii|i|i|i|i|Miuii i AUDIO GALLERY GERMAN 54 96 WHERE IN EUROPE IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO ....
34. 95 AUDIO GALLERY JAPANESE ... AUDIO GAI 1 FRY RUSSIAN 7495 7Q WHERE IN TIME IS CARMEN SANDIEGO ...
34. 95 nyuiv .. AUDIO GALLERY SPANISH .. JAPANESE I .. 3. . 54.95 27 95 WHERE IN THE U.S.A. IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO .. ....34.95 LINKWORD FRENCH LINKWORD GERMAN . . T- r . J
19. 95 19 95 WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO ... . ..34,95 LINKWORD ITALIAN 1 INKWORD RUSSIAN ¦¦ 1 vtvv .. 19.95 .. 19.95 .. 19.95 WORLD ATLAS 2.5 .. ...29 95 LINKWORD SPANISH ..... ELEMENTARY ¦ FONTS EDUCATIONAL .....29.95 .....14.95 GENERAL FONTS AMY S FUN 2 3 .. AT THE ZOO . . ALL AGFA FONTS AVAILABLE .. KARA AMIMFnMT 1 CALL oa oe BARNEY BEAR GOES CAMPING .....20.95 r nnM rtHIMrUIN 1 3 1 , KARA ANIMFONTS 2 .. £.y.yo 29.95 BARNEY BEAR GOES TO FARM BARNEY BEAR GOES TO SCHOOL .. .....20.95 .....20.95 KARA ANIMFONTS 3 .. KARA ANIMFONTS 4 ..
35. 95 BARNEY BEAR GOES TO SPACE .....20 95 KARA FONTS HEADLINES 44 96 KATIES FARM ..... .....25 95 k'AHA FHMTQ HFAHI IKJFCtO
- 5Q QC KINDERAMA .... .....19 95 r «n ruN i o mcml liniioa ...... KARA HFAm 1 jy.yo jc nc LAND OF THE UNICORN .... .....32.95 r Mnf iUIt 1 O nC ULIlic j J . :q-CVl W I z Quarterback 5.0 The Next Generation In Backup Software ..$ 4495 TriMed corporatcd Wiz Drawing Tablet .*23900 The Kitchen Sync
* 1599°° Two Complete TbtTs on one card Works with any video source S-VHS and lfi-8 compatible Optional V C output Great for use with the Video Toaster Supra corporation Modems Supra 2400 Baud Modem .. 79.95 Supra 2400 MNP Plus.. ...115.00 Supra 2400ZI Plus .....119.00 SupraFax Modem 14.4 14.4k...... 299.00 Modem 2400 9600 This new 9600bps modem has MNP5, V.42bis and
V. 32 error correction and data compression. SupraRam RX 1MB .....135.00 _ SupraRam RX 2MB ... 199.00 SupraRam 500 512k ...47.00 Duo lo industry fluctuation. PAM pticos are subject to change wllhoul notice Ivovla~ 601 .. Campltte 11 r eOmn lnt*re*l tierct drive lyetem lor the Airlpi bOD end 500 Plui Novla ' 851 ... CALL Cmteltte t I 2“ 85nea isierul bird drive listen lar Ibe Udfi 503 AdRAM 540 „ - *89" Meraorj nomsion ter Ml A win 500. [ipaation up la 4 mipabjlai AtJIDE' 40 Kit ...*14Qoa Yob (apply Ibe drive, AdJDf 40 tuppliei the reel for in Inti ickback _ MbIti-tutored ROM xwltcbtr lar An>gi e tert. Mi Educational, Corporate and Aerospace purchase orders accepted. Call (310) 542-2292 for details. USE OUR TOLL-FREE INTERNATIONAL PHONE LINES Australia 0014-800-125-712 ; Canada 1-800-548-2512; Denmark 0434-0297; France 19-0590-1099; Italy 1678-74086; Japan 0031-11-1351; Netherlands 06-022-8613; Norway 050-12029; Switzerland 046-05-3420; United Kingdom 0800-89-1178. DOS TOOLS UTILITIES AMI ALIGNMENT SYSTEM 29 95 AMI BACK 2.0 ...44 95 BAD DISK OPTIMIZER 4.0 ..24.95 CROSS DOS 5.0 39.95 DIRECTORY OPUS .36.95 DISKMASTER ....29.95 DISKMASTER II .42.95 DJ HELPER .29.95 DOS TO DOS .....32.49 HYPER HELPERS ... , 35.95 MAC 2 DOS .90.95 MAVERICK 4.0 ...27.95 QUARTERBACK 5.0 44.95 QUARTERBACK TOOLS ....52.95 SUPER DJ 500C 32.S5 KARA FONTS STARFIELDS .....34 95 KARA FONTS SUBHEADS .39.95 MASTERPIECE FONTS ...159.95 600 AMIGA FONTS ..... 19.95 SOFTFACES FOR FINAL COPY VOL I ......59 95 SOFTFACES FOR FINAL COPY VOL III ....59.95 SOFTFACES FOR FINAL COPY VOL IV ....59.95 DTP PAGESTREAM FONTS PAGESTREAM CLASSIC FONTS ......129.00 PAGESTREAM DESIGNER FONTS 129.00 PAGESTREAM FONT PACK 1 .46.95 PAGESTREAM NEWSLETTER FONTS ....64 95 PAGESTREAM PLUS PACK .....46.95 PAGESTREAM STARTER FONTS ......64 95 PRO STREAM FONTS 42 95 DTP PROFESSIONAL PAGE FONTS GOLD DISK DECORATOR .34.95 GOLD DISK DESIGNER 34.95 GOLD DISK PUBLISHER ...34.95 PROF. PAGE OUTLINE CG ....129 00 VIDEO TOASTER FONTS 1ST PRIZE TOASTED FONTS SET 1 ..40 95 CINNAMON TOAST FONTS VOL I ......64 95 CINNAMON TOAST FONTS VOL II ......-.64 95 KARA TOASTER FONTS VOL II ...54 95 KARA TOASTER FONTS VOL III ..54 95 KARA TOASTER FONTS VOL IV ..54.95 MASTERPIECE TOASTER FONTS .....89.95 GRAPHICS SOFTWARE INTROCAD ..34.95 INTROCAD PLUS ....64.95 PRO BOARD NET PACKAGE .289.00 ULTRA DESIGN 99 95 PAINT DRAW SOFTWARE DELUXE PAINT IV V4.1 ...119.00 DESIGN WORKS ...... DIGI PAINT 3 ...... IMAGE FINDER .. PROFESSIONAL DRAW 3.0 ...... SPECTRA COLOR .... AND HARDWARE ANIMATION SOFTWARE DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIO ..79.95 THE DIRECTOR V2.0 ...... 74.95 FRACTAL PRO 5.0 ..CALL SCENERY ANIMATOR 2.0 .59.95 SCENRY ANIM DATA GRND CANYON .....18.95 SCENERY ANIMATOR DATA OAHU 18.95 SCENERY ANIMATOR DATA YOSEMITE . 18.95 SURFACE MASTER FOR IMAGINE ....25.95 VISTA PROFESSIONAL 2.0 ......59.95 VISTA CALIFORNIA DATA DISK ..29.95 VISTA FLAMING GORGE-DATA 2 29.95 VISTA GRAND CANYON-DATA 1 .29 95 VISTA GRAND CANYON-DATA 2 .29.95 VISTA JACKSON HOLE- DATA 1 .29.95 VISTA MARS SCAPES ....29.95 VISTA WESTERN U.S. DATA DISK .....29.95 CLIPART DISKS MATE RIALS TEXTURE STONE SURFACES ......29.95 PRO FILLS 2 ......34 95 SOFTCLIPS VOLUME I CLASSIC .44.95 SOFTCLIPS VOLUME II PEOPLE .44.95 SOFTCLIPS VOLUME III COLLECTORS .. 44,95 SOFTCLIPS VOLUME IV ANIMALS 44.95 VIDEO TOASTER: FLAGS OF THE WORLD ......52.95 CAD DYNACADD ...699.00
54. 95 ....32.95
54. 95 PAL SPECIFIC VIDEOSOFTWARE BROADCAST TITLER II SUPER HIGH RES PAL .. .279.00 3D PROFESSIONAL PAL 199 00 DI61PAINT 3 PAL- ..58.95 IMAGINE 2.0 PAL ..... . 299.00 PRO VIDEO POST PAL ...
199. 00 VISTA PROFESSIONAL 2.0 PAL...... ... 64.95 f UTILITY MISC. 1 MUSIC GENERAL MUSIC SOFTWARE BARS AND PIPES ..99.95. BARS AND PIPES PROFESSIONAL 209 00 CREATIVITY KIT 32 95 INTERNAL SOUNDS KIT ...32-95 MULTI MEDIA KIT .... 32.95 MUSIC BOX A ....32,95 MUSIC BOX B ....32.95 PRO STUDIO KIT ....32.95 RULES FOR TOOLS 32.95 DR T'S COPYIST DTP .....190.00 DR, T'S KCS LEVEL II V3.5 .....229.00 PATCHMEISTER ....,49,95 PIXOUND ......,...56-95 SONIX, . 51.95 BACKUP COPY SOFTWARE LOCK PICK .36.95 RAW COPY 1.3K .. 36.95 X-COPY PROFESSIONAL .45-95 TELECOMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE BAUD BANDIT ...27.95 MINDLINK TELECOM .28-95 ONLINE PLATINUM ..39.95 STARNETBBS ...30.99 SUPRA GP FAX SOFTWARE ...74.95 HP DeskJet 500C (Color) HP DeskJet 500 The Publishing Team with the Genie Edge Buy the Bundle & Save a Bundle Amiga Music at Unheard- Of-Prices! Professional Draw 3.0 THE BLUE RIBBON SOUNDWDRKS LTD jnian Bars&Pipes plus Internal IfUVV. Sounds Kit just ®999S No additional hardware required. Multi-track recording for the masses! Version 4.1 DeluxePaint IV The King of Painl and Animation Full-screen metamorphosis Oplimlied HAM pointing modes Scalable fonts Improved supporl lor AmigaDos 2.04 Still easy fo use! PatchMeister . Universal Patch librarian Bars&Pipes Professional S2090D State of the Art MIDI Sequencing The most powerful 3D object utility for the Amiga computer! Convert bitmaps to 3D objects, get rid of redundant points and convert from one lormat to another! SyncPro «•**»»¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦•¦•¦ SMPTE Time Code Reader Generator s179°° nxiuu Triple Play Plus . 48 MIDI channels via one interface EPSON Scanner Super JAM .....G8 Write music without ever touching an intrument GOO DPI, 24-Bit hill page color scanner With ASDG Driver Bundle .. .. s999“ !1079® EPSON is a regislerod irndeunark ci Sa,ko EPSON Inc Prices Effective September 1,1992 Circle 13 on Reader Service card.
U. S. ORDERS ONLY: CUSTOMER SERVICE OR 800-872-8882 310-214-0000 a • TM reative CANADA: 1-800-548-2512 4453 Redondo Beach Blvd., Lawndale, CA 90260 ORDER STATUS Mon-Sat 8-6 PST FAX: 310-214-0932 COMPUTERS SOUNDTRAX VOL 2 SUPER JAM! ..... TIGER CUB LATTICE C SAS C ..... POWER WINDOWS 2.5 . RX TOOLS AREXX EXTENSION SAS C DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM VER. 6 .... SCALA TURBOTEXT .
79. 95 ...199.00
39. 95 GAMES CHECKMATE ....35.95 CIVILIZATION .....47.95 GLOBAL EFFECT .... 34.95 M1 TANK PLATOON ....35.95 RAILROAD TYCOON ..... 39.95 ROBO SPORT ..... 36.95 SIM ANT ......39.95 SfMCITY ......32.95 SIMC1TY GRAPHICS 1 ANCIENT CITIES 23.95 SIMCITY GRAPHICS « 2 FUTURE CITIES ...23.95 SIM EARTH ... 45.95 STAR CONTROL .....29 95 TETRIS ...... 24.95 ADULT GAMES CENTERFOLD SQUARES ...19.95 LEISURE SUIT LARRY .....25.95 LEISURE SUIT LARRY II ....35.95 LEISURE SUIT LARRY III ...35.95 LEISURE SUIT LARRY V ...39.95 ARCADE GAMES ARMOUR GEDDON ...... AWESOME .. CONAN THE CIMMERIAN DRAGONS LAIR SINGE CSTL...... DRAGON'S LatR TIME WARP EPIC ..... FANTASTIC VOYAGE GODS ...... GUY SPY .. IMMORTAL ...... JAGUAR XJ-220 .... KILLING GAME SHOW LEMMINGS ..... LEMMINGS DATA DISK MAGIC POCKETS PAL .. NOVA 9 . OBITUS . PINBALL DREAMS . PIT FIGHTER ...... PRINCE OF PERSIA ...... SHADOW OF THE BEAST ... SHADOW OF THE BEAST II SPACE ACE II ..... SPEEDBALL 2 ..... SWORD OF SODAN ...... TENGEN'S ARCADE HITS ... UTOPIA PAL .29 95 .34 95 .29.95 .43 95 .34.95 .39.95 .29.95 26 95 .29 95
30. 95 35 95 26 95 .32,95 22 95 .32 95 24 95 34 95 . 27 95 24 95 . 25.95
25. 95 . 34.95 . 38,95 . 29.95 . 15 95
26. .95 . 39.95 ,31.95 .39.95 SAMPLING SOLUTIONS AMAS 2.0 .....CALL GVP DIGITAL SOUND SAMPLER 84.00 PERFECT SOUND ...70,95 SOUNDMASTER' AUDIOMASTER BUNDLE ..139.00 STEREO MASTER ...59.95 SUNRIZE INDUSTRIES AD1012 12-SIT SAMPLER ..529.00 SYNC PRO 179 00 TRIPLE PLAY PLUS .... 165.00
249. 00 ... 64.95 TAPES TUTORIAL ANIMATION 101 24.95 DCTV...A GUIDED TOUR ...26.95 DCTV. A GUIDED TOUR PAL ..26 95 HELPFUL LIGHTWAVE HINTS VOL I ..33.95 HELPFUL LIGHTWAVE HINTS VOL It .39 95 IMAGINE: A GUIDED TOUR .....25,95 IMAGINE: A GUIDED TOUR PAL ..25.95 AMIGAWORLD VIDEO TOASTER TUTORIAL TAPE .19.95 PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE AC FORTRAN 77 ...... AMIGA VISION .. AMOS THE COMPILER ... AMOS THE CREATOR .... AMOS 3D PAL AZTEC C DEV. SYSTEM PLUS SDB AZTEC C PROFESSIONAL . CANDO PROPAK 1 .. CANDO 1.6 ..... CAPE 68K ASSEM 2.5 ..... CYGNUSED PROF. REL. 2 . EASY AMOS .. HISOFT DEVPAK 3 ... HISPEED PASCAL ... HYPER800K GOLD DISK ... INOVATOOLS II .. JFORTH PROFESSIONAL 3 0 ... ....399.00
42. 95 .... 195.00 ... 129.00
23. 95 89,95 ......52.95
59. 95 ...135 00 TAPES GENERAL AMIGA PRIMER VIDEO ...... AMIGA WORLD VIDEO ANIMATION VOLUME I .. AMIGA WORLD VIDEO ANIMATION VOL II ... AMIGA WORLD VIDEO DESKTOP VIDEO VOL I ..24.95 MUSICAL AMIGA VIDEO ...23.95 .24.95
19. 95 SEX OLYMPICS STRIP FOKER III STRIP III DATA 1 STRIP III DATA 2 STRIP III DATA 3 STRIP Ell DATA 4 .....16.95 STRIP III DATA 5 ......* ..16.95 WAR STRATEGY CARDINAL OF THE KREMLIN ..32.95 CENTURION DEFENDER OF ROME ..34.95 CONFLICT: KOREA . 43.95 .24.95
29. 95 . 16.95 . 16.95 . 16.95
19. 95 BOOKS AMIGA ROM KERNEL: LIBRARIES 27.95 MASTERING AMIGADOS 2.0 ......23.95 MASTERING AMIGA C 22.95 UNDERSTANDING IMAGINE 2.0 ..26.95 ACTION STRATEGY BATTLE CHESS CASTLES MegAChip 2000 500 $ 209D0 w o Agnus • $ 269°° with Agnus Multistart II MiibiStart l| Provides for Amiga 500’s & 2000's to operate under Workbench 1.3 & 2.0 ... $ 2995 *
* » I ml -.u.» r ¦ SyQuest Drives These packages include the SyQuest drive, 1 cartridge & all neccesary cables. External models include a case 44mb for Amiga
* 399 Internal *499 68mb for Amiga
* 569 internal *669 external kit F r teal 3D
vi. 4 R E A L 3 | D S I9900
• Fastest Renderer on the Amiga
• 24 Bit support
• Render up to 32k x 32k Introducing an exciting neuv product from IUS... IDEO LJIRECTOR
• Complete Video Editing System for everyone with a camcorder, VCR and an Amiga!
• Quickly and easily catalog and edit the best moments from your video tapes!
• Includes hardware to control most camcorders and VCR's! THIRD GENERATION 68030 PROCESSOR ACCELERATOR BY INTERACTIVE VIDEO SYSTEMS
• 32-Bit RAM Expansion to 32 MB ...
• On-Board SCSI
• 2630 Compatible Expansion port Ik
• The first and only *030 accelerator with Pro-Plex allowing on-board SCSI and RAM to be accessed in the 6B000 mode.
- -------- Visit our Amiga Superstores! South Bay: 4453 Redondo Beach Blvd. - Lawndale, CA 90260 - Mon-Sat 11-7 PST -Phone: (310) 542-2292 Westside: 318 Wilshire Blvd. - Santa Monica, CA 90401 - Tues-Sat 11-7 Sun 11-5 PST-Phone: (310) 394-7779 ECE MIDI PLUS A500 SUPRA 2400 MNP PLUS .. 115 00 SUPRAFAX 2400ZI PLUS ...... ......119.00 SUPRAFAX MODEM 2400'960QFAX AMIGA ..
174. 00 SUPRAFAX MODEM 2400 9600FAX GENERIC ....
135. 00 SUPRAFAX MODEM 9600 V.32 .....259.00 SUPRA-AX MODEM 14 4 V.32BIS.....
309. 00 FOR A2500 ...... SUPRARAM 2000 2MB RAM SUPRARAM 2000 4MB RAM SUPRARAM 2000 6MB RAM SUPRARAM 2000 8MB RAM A2000A300Q .49.95 EUREKA MID! 500 2000 .....32.95 MIDI GOLD INSIDER ...64.95 PERFECT SOUND 3.1 A500 A2000 ....69.95 PHANTOM MIDI INTERFACE 239 00 EXPANSION PORTS BOMAC TOWER .... 289 00 DENISE EXTENDER BUS ..85.00 DUAL SERIAL BOARD .....269 00 EMULATORS AM AX II MAC EMULATOR ......135.00 AMAX II PLUS ....349.00 AT BRIDGEBOAFD (SEE CBM LISTING) POWER SUPLIES BIGFOOT 200 POWER SUPPLY ..97.95 IVS POWER SUPPLY ..89.95 CHIPS (VARIOUS) 68882 25 MATH COPROC ...... .... 189.00 68882 33 MATH COPROC .. ...289.00 1C AGNUS: FATTER 1MB CBM 8372 ... ......69.00 1C AGNUS: SUPER FAT 2MB A3000 AGNUS CHIP ... .99.00 KICKSTART 1.3 ROM .. ......39.00 MEGACHIP 500 2000 W O AGNUS .. ...209.00 WITH AGNUS . ....269 00 MULTI START II .
29. 95 MODEMS SUPRA 2400 BAUD MODEM ....79.95 PAL SPECIFIC HARDWARE DCTV PAL . 559.00 DIGI VIEW MEDIASTATION PAL 159.00 FLICKER FIXER PAL .300.00 FRAMEGRABBER PAL VERS ... 449.00 MINIGEN PAL GENLOCK ., ......239.00 MEMORY EXPANSION RAM CHIPS MOST RAM CHIP SIZES AVAIL AT ECONOMICAL PRICES ...CALL A500 INTERNAL RAM BOARDS ADRAM 540 W OK ....89 95 ADRAM 560 W 2MB ..CALL ALFA DATA 501 CLONE ...... 35.95 BASEBOARD A500 0 4 MB .....39.00 SUPRARAM 500 1 2 MEG ..47.00 A50Q EXTERNAL RAM BOARDS SUPRARAM 500RX 1MB .. 135 00 SUPRARAM 500RX 2MB ...199,00 SUPRARAM 500RX 8MB ..429.00 A2000 RAM BOARDS DKB 2632 RAM EXPANSN BRD ...469.00 ...179.00 ...240.00 ...299.00 ...379,00 VIDEO SOLUTIONS (SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE) IMAGE PROCESSING SOFTWARE ART DEPARTMENT PRO. V 2.1 .159,00 ART DEPARTMENT CONVERSION PAK
52. 95 .... 149.00 IMAGEMASTER FIRECRACKER VER 139.00 IMAGEMASTER .. RASTER LINK .CALL 3D RENDERING ANIMATION SOFTWARE ANIMATION STATION .39,95 ANIMATRIX MODELER ......59.95 BROADCAST 3D FONTS - IMAGINE ..84,95 BROADCAST 3D FONTS - LIGHTWAVE ...84 95 BROADCAST 3D FONTS - MASTER PACK 2 LIGHTWAVE 74.95 BRAODCAST 3D FONTS - MASTER PACK 3 LIGHTWAVE 74.95 CALIGARI 2 ...
39. 95 179 00 .79.95
45. 95 .64.95
119. 00 CYCLEMAN FOR IMAGINE .. DRAW 4D PROFESSIONAL .. IMAGINE 1 1W FREE VIDEO IMAGINE 2.0 . MAP MASTER FOR IMAGINE MAP MASTER FOR LIGHTWAVE . MORPH PLUS
119. 00 ...64 95 MOTION MAN FOR LIGHTWAVE . PIXEL 3D 2.0 .. REAL 3D VI.4 SCULPT ANIMATE 4-D .. VIRTUAL REALITY STUDIO .. DESKTOP VIDEO BROADCAST TITLER II .. BROADCAST TITLER II SUPER HIGH RES VERSION ... PRO VIDEO CG II .. SCREEN MAKER 24-BIT . VIDEO TOASTER TOOLKIT ... WIPE MASTER .....
299. 00 ..64.95
229. 00 .279.00 .129.00 .....59 95 99 95
119. 00 VIDEO ENHANCEMENT HARDWARE AVIDEO 12 479.00 AVIDEO 24 949,00 CHROMA KEY PLUS, 359.00 COLOR SPLITTER 109.00 DMI RESOLVER BOARDS CALL FIRECRACKER 24 2 MEG FREE IMAGINE 2.0 & PRO TEXTURE . 799.00 FLICKER FIXER .... 249.00 FLICKER FREE VIDEO 2 .239.00 RAMBRANDT 24 BIT VlD. BRD 3595.00 FRAMEGRABBER HARDWARE FRAMEGRABBER
399. 00 GENLOCKS MINIGEN GENLOCK ......189.00 SUPERGEN GENLOCK .....629.00 SUPERGEN 2000S .. 1350.00 Now with proc amp control and color balancing r i Newtek Video ¦ The Ultimate 24-Bit Video and Graphics System Main Board includes SEEING IS BELIEVING OpalPaint, OpalPresents, OpalHotkey and “King of Karate” For the Amiga 2000 & 3QQQ niuiv saaaoo Factory Refurbished Version 2.0 Full Warranty!
i. ’ .mu.' i m-v11 ti v»»k ¦! .'.if G-Force 030 A2000 68030 running at 40mhz 68882 running at 40mhz 4mb of 32-Bit RAM (16mb max.) Onboard Series II SCSI Controller Hard Drive mountable All on one board (while supplies last) G-Force 040 A3000
• 68040 running at 28mhz
• 0 to 8mb of onboard, 40ns( nonmultiplexed DRAM. (24mb max.)
• Software switchable 68030 mode for compatibility
• Full DMA to from the on-board DRAM by Get it tomorrow at no extra charge!* any A3000 peripheral A530 Turbo A2000 G-Force ’040 Combo
• A500 HD8 with 40mhz 68030
• lmb of 32-Bit RAM expandable to 8mb
• Socket for 68882 Math chip
• “Mini Slot” for PC emulator & more!
• Turbo switch for compatibility.
• Includes SCSI pass thru.
• Dedicated power supply included! A530 w 52mb drive ..$ 96900 A530 w 120mb drive ..$ 109900 mow SHIPPING 33Mhz W 4MB .....$ 2149.00 4MB Installed Up to 16MB (add in 4MB SIMM increments) Up to 64MB w availability of 16 MB SIMM Hard Drive Option or GVP EGS Color Graphics Option High Speed SCSI Controller On-board Parallel and Serial Port
• ooo LE-FORCE 040=- More G-force Accelerators: G-force 25MHz l MB 68882 $ 669.00 G-force 40MHz 4MB 68882 l 20MB HD ..$ 1349.00 G-force 50MHz 4MB 68882 ..$ 1549.00 G-force 50MHZ 4MB 68882 240MB HD ..$ 1989.00 Ask about special RAM pricing when ordered with an accelerator board! A500 HD+ A500-HD+ 52Q (Quantum 52Mb Hard disk).. A500-HD+ 120Q (Quantum 120Mb Hard disk) A500-HD+ 240Q (Quantum 240Mb Hard disk) ,..$ 488°° ,.$ 638°° ,..$ 899°° PC286 Module (Optional PC286 AT compatibility. 16Mhz 286 board which plugs inside hard disk unit) ...s29900 HONE PAK HOI Hard Cards Impact Vision 24 Series II A2000 SCSI Hard Disk and RAM Card: A2000-HC8*0 52Q-1P$ (Quantum 52Mb Hard disk) ..... ’J??* A2000-HC8+0 120Q-LPS (Qucntum 120Mb Hard disk) . ’SOS* A2000-HC8*0 240Q (Quantum 240Mb Hard disk) .... '810“ GVP OPTICAL REMOVABLE MEDIA Now, your Amiga* 2000 3000 is a Computer, Fax Machine, VoiceMail System, and Answering Machine all at once! 16 Million colors, 24-Bit Frame Buffer + Genlock + Framegrabber + Flicker- Eliminator + PIP + Video Titler + 3D Modelling System and now includes a Video Transcoder Unit!
• 639*° All for just $ 42900 A3000-IV24 ..M87900 A2000-1V24 Adapter ...s49°° The Creative Computers Low-Price Guarantee. Creative Computers is the service and low-price leader and the largest Amiga mail-order company. Check out the prices in this adr then in the unlikely event that you find a lower price anywhere else in this magazine, we'll beat it!*** Commodore Amiga 500DS Comes with: 3.5" Floppy Driue, Mouse, Joystick, bundled with the following software packages: Kindwords, FusionPaint, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, F40 Pursuit, and F fl-18 Interceptor. Call for system prices SPECIAL PRICE $ 299° Commodore AMIGA Example system configuration: Video Workstation: A2000 CPU w KB and Newtek VideoToaster Start with a basic Toaster 2.0 machine, then add any hard drive, hard drive controller and monitor that you want. Optionally you may want to add an accelerator and or Time Base Corrector board, oryoucan choose one of our pre-configured systems.
- with purchase of Amiga Monitor The Creative Computers Exclusive Money Back Guarantee Program (CC-MBGl When you purchase any accelerators, floppy drives, memory expansions, hard drives and hard driue controllers orany GVP Hardware from Creative Computers, you are protected by a full 30-day, No-Guestions-Asked Money Back Guarantee! Are you in the market for a GVP Impact Vision but don't know if it will work right with your set-up? Or are you waiting for your Amiga to compute but don't know what an accelerator will mean in practical terms to you? You need not wait any longer. Just buy it from us, and if you don't like it, send it back for a full refund!
1. Cafl for most correnl prices uul shipping rales.
2. Mail tkis order lorti to: CREATIVE COMPUTERS al: 4453 RedMdt Beach BM., Laivndate, CA 30260 3. Name _ Address City _ State Zip Country_ Day Phone ( ) Night Phone ( ) PRODUCT NAME U tT PRICE TOTAL _ QTY. POLICIES OUR .SHIPPING M UPS Ground ETHOD: LJAii (Call for rates) Airborne Express DHL -International orders Other ------ . Q Q£ E Check ? Money Order American Express B Vide Method of Payment o Credit Card Signature_ T5T CC-' SG"Jw limrtnMm* otl«r up,to 12 JI Worxionly oppli« to ffi abov* (,tr«Jcof*gort*ionly. You muncal Cjrcrr+r 5+rvc 10 Oolam a Au*ho«KiBOfl humMi Befbr* Whfling Bqik. Th* muil b In original condition ond n original packaging with t*cn« warranty ccid to damaged ilemi win ce accepted ferunsi itiued miMn 14 00,1 at leceipl at me lerumta n*m(i) 8*tund n n«if« to $ 1,000 p*i Cuitomet HO retundi on Itfight a» Icbor ctaigei CUSIOMii SEFV1CI. Ter tech lupporl call 3IO-142-22$ 2fion 11 am lo?pm fiT lensc*1 6,fedeioi Fiprtu 11 not ovauaoi* in at oreci Thaw ‘t rt»nd*d tan*hvadoyi.Check with your local federal Upieu itafion lor delivery eorflrmcfico and deluery timei COO 1 odd JJ-HoPeriopoi .Company eh*cky Coll lot oil dnti iNpp-ng informal nn. Educ clonal, corporate ond oerospoce putchOM orders occepled All oa-iertiied prcei ore CASH pncei. Visa Wouer Cota wme OS cost. Am*neont>pr*MOOd*X:D«Oyer Odd 1% 9EtU9H hOUCY Coll Customer Service al (310) 2U OCOO tar return authcrUatlcn. Alr»turn! Without cuthoruahon r,umber (SUAi) wiu t« refused teturned products must M in ongiAdl conation ond packaging or,a must be seni took elttm 30 days of our Invoice Oate No refund!, piease Selective product eicnanges orty We make no guarantees tor product performance. £‘Changes with unlike products are at Ou* option end subject la a 20% restocking tee. CcfiOir CHS Prices and availability el product are sub,eei to chonge without netee. Wa:i t'l 0*21*3 Send money Cr coiniers check fd tastest serrice Peiwncl checks -10 days to cleat. Include Heme, Address end telephone number (no P O iciK, plfasej. Il ordering by credit Cord include e»p.rciK>h dare and Ming address. Ca« lareioct shrppng rates, intisnatiosai to.i iff! Ojksins toiicil, for Canada tPO, APO - Mmmum order $ 50. Ajl atner countries minimum order Jt« for VISA and Master Cord orders you most FAX Of mot a sgned photocoCy ot yew credit cord ¦ riant ond bock Please have your credi card number reody before collng. NIHMAltCN Ai PKCt.t Nil Ml* S3 Orders only pieCM Conodol tOO 3A4 2SI2.naiyl42$ ?iM4.yrviedPingdOiTiMC0 8P ll?);fronce 19 AustraliaDQU !OO t2S 712; IwrUerkmd 044-OS-1420 "P9ICS .).>¦• kiltl U S. Only. Applies to ol merchandise odvertised by ail outhomed Dealers eicepi mercnandise an tale We wll give you our ¦deitvered" price lower than the ether dealer's "delivered' price Overnight Shipping via: OFFER CODE: P2A401MG Visa Q MasterCard Discover 8 25% SALES TAX (CA RES.ONLY) SHIPPING Exp. Date _ TOTAL Game Preserve Global Effect By Jeff James IMAGINE A GAME combining an environmentallv-conscious
o d version of Sim-City with the militaiy aspects of Empire; that’s what Global Effect [Millennium Electronic Arts. $ 49.95) is all about. In it, you're a city planner, environmental scientist, and military commander. Although the general scenarios (save, create, or rule a world) present different challenges (militaiy, economic, or environmental), a central theme of environmental responsibility appears in all three. Managing the growth of your burgeoning cities while simultaneously tending the environment and fending off the attacks of an aggressive enemy even at the simplest play settings makes an invigorating challenge for armchair megalomaniacs. To reach your goals, Global Effect offers a wealth of construction and information-gathering tools. You can build city blocks, pipelines, power stations, mines, farms, and recycling plants, along with dozens of other accoutrements of a civilized society. Or, you can analyze the status of the ozone layer, average planetary temperature, pollution density, and other phenomena. When your opponent’s push develops into a military shove, you can fight back with missiles, boats, planes, and an antimissile defense system. All of these features are onlv a Play city planner, environmentalist, and military commander in Global Effect. Click away, thanks to Global Effect’s polished playing interface. The program is filled with other amenities, including hard- drive support, no 011-disk copy protection, support for two human players (via serial link), and a “snooze ’ option that pauses the game and returns to Workbench. Global El feci needs one megabyte of RAM to operate, and it runs flawlessly under Ami- gaDOS 1.3 and 2.04. Continued on j). 78. Okay, now where were we? Oh, yes...just about halfway through Out of This World [Interplay, S59.95) and next to a rather deep pool of water with a new code: ICAH. GRIB NOTES By Peter Olafson Don't stand there waiting for the pool to divide. You have a little sabotage to attend to at the bottom. Dive right in, and bear left at the bottom of the main shaft. Your air supply is limited, so be quick about it no detours, OK? And use the air pocket atop the second up shaft on the left for a breather. Then head down two levels, bear right, and when the opportunity comes to hop out of the water, take it. Nail the power line, and head back the way you came. Great. You've earned the code FIEI. Exit the pool to the left; things aren't quite done on this side. Head up through one of those odd teleport floors we've been seeing and left again, and give the guard what- for. Pretty straightforward. Heading right again puts you in a little puzzle some folks have been having trouble solving. There’s a set of automatic doors here, with a fireball-chucking guard on the other side, and let's just say he doesn't want to be your best friend. Here's the trick: Set up a shield to the left side of the doors. Now step forward just enough to trigger the doors open and for the guard to unload his hot cargo, and immediately step back to the left behind the protection of your shield. The doors will close, and the fireballs will bounce back and fry the guard but good. Well, it's his own fault, isn't it? You can now head right, where you'll need to blast through the doors, and then right and up again. (Take the opportunity here to recharge your pistol.) Down and to the right from the recharging chamber, you'll come upon another rather neat puzzle: three large glass balls reflecting a guard in the chamber below. (Nope, no new code words yet.) When you see and hear the guard stop, drop to one knee and fire on the largest of the glass halls. It'll fall and flatten him. Be careful: There's only one shot here, and if you miss, you'll only get the guard ticked off. (If you're successful, you'll get to see your handiwork close up in a bit.) Head back to the left, then down and right, swim across the pool, and keep going. All hell is about to break loose. (But at least you’ve picked up another code word: LAID.) Maybe that should have been SCALD, because when you drop down one level, you'll find you've gone from the frying pan into the fire. Don’t miss a beat here: Run to the right, blast your way through the door, and keep running. It's your only protection. (Fighting is utterly fruitless.) The close-call quality of these scenes is a lot of fun. Gulp! A dead-end? Nobody said anything about a dead-end. And the guards are coming. MOMMY! Well, you've probably noticed the trap door in the ceiling. Out of your reach currently, but not with a little boost. What you need to tlo is wait around for just that little boost: Position yourself right under the door, set up a shield to your left, and keep reinforcing it until the trap door opens and you're hauled up to safety. Hey, it's your cage-buddy, returning the favor from your chandelier dropping! Hop over the open door and enter the insect-head-as-tank that's waiting to drive to freedom. Continued on p. 78. To locate vendors of the games reviewed, see the "Manufacturers' Distributors' Addresses" list on p. 98, These are the educational videos for your Amiga computer. You will agree they've got what rt takes for prime time. Get the latest information, graphics, interviews with experts, music, the hottest products and software all at an affordable price. Don't be caught with video re-runs of manufacturer's manuals. Get the videos that everyone is raving about the most exciting and advanced videos in the Amiga market today. Is Get the facts on getting started;.Sefttji, Workbench, Shell, CL1, expansion, AmigaVision. Includes t * >4 » * ' ' ' . . 1 i . . , ' , , -j • • j i ; ' * ' 1 , f ft * t* ¦ ' , *. AmigaDOS 2.0 and AmigaVision: A must for every Amiga owner. , The Peripheral Guide for every Amiga Hot Rod Your Amiga NEW 1992 EDITION $ 19.95 Go shopping for the most popular peripherals on the market today! Learn about accelerators, RAM, Video Toaster, Genlocks and more. Features GVP, NewTek, Digital Creations and others. V $ 19.95 NEW LOW PRICE Learn the ethics of style and how to use the Amiga for graphics. The best tape available for getting started. Includes interviews with experts. Features Deluxe Paint IV, NewTek, Kara foots and others. ¦*'(SV,%v - , . ¦ . 1 . . • a ' - . . ¦ v. i • • -1 . •*¦ * NEW UPDATED EDITION! NEW LOW PRICE! The Informative Guide to Music and The Magic of Music and $ 19.95 New edition brings you the most up-to-date and MIDI data, including using the Amiga as a music generator or MIDI device! Features SuperJAMI, Bars & Pipes Professional, Dr. Ts, Sonix, Deluxe Music, AudioMaster and others. VIDEO , • ¦ * ¦« • i •• - ¦ • ¦- • v fcv .1 . .A"- NEW 2.0 ,4 >The NewTek Video Toaster Video $ 24.95 EDITION ' v ¦ Winner of two Bronze Telly statues in 1991, this video provides a complete overview of
• the Video Toaster (Version 2) and shows how the Toaster can be used in the real world. $ 24.95 Thfrhest source for getting started with DTV. Excellent advice from experts, including Academy Award winning director Terry Sanders. Features camcorders, editors, peripherals, techniques for top results, titling and more. >, -. , 'V. ‘ $ 24.95 Get the inside line on DTV with this new video. Includes direct comparisons of tape formats, including HiS and BetaCam, Lightwave, Virtual Reality, and 24-bit rendering. Features Deluxe Paint IV, Video Toaster, DCTV and others. -Vxl'-v; : V' ( V • . V , v. $ 24.95 NEW The ultimate guide to desktop video takes you through the entire desktop video experience. Create a complete video from pre-production to finished master with this interactive and informative program. Includes specific exercises and effects. Become a master today! Includes background music, sound effects, and graphic backdrops.- A 6 -v0 - v! ' "• • a l*§ TechMedia Please add $ 2.95 for each video ordered or $ 5,00 for 2 or more. In a world of re-runs, these videos are ready for prime time 1-800-824-5499 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM E.D.T. For customer service, Canadian and foreign orders - Please call 410-546-0180 (Califomia and Maryland residents add appropriate sales tax). $ 24.95 Copyright © 1989,1990.1991,1992 by Razza Video USA. All Rights Reserved. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore Business Machines, Inc. Video Toaster is a trademark of NewTek, Inc. ’• ‘ ' TechMedia Is a licensed distributor of Razza Video product; * •; r' ‘ v‘ Since 1982 » AMW 10-92 800-558-0003 800-558-0003 fo i umet jC ccfto i cA Supra FaxModem V.32 bis SupraFax software. A-Talk III Telecom software. & Amiga Modem Cable S335 Modem Alone, no software or cable $ 299 Supra FaxModem 2400 Plus Includes same items as the above. Call for specific features ...$ 165 SupraModem 2400 External $ 72 SupraModem 2400 Plus External MNP5 & V.42 bis ......$ 115 2400 zi Plus Internal MNP5&V.42 bis ......$ 115 DRIVES Supra Drive SOOXPfor A50O SupraDrive 500XP52Q. 1 MB ....$ 465 Supra Drive 500XP 52Q, 2 MB ...S545 Supra Drive 500XP 1200. 1 2 MB $ 579 SupraDrive 500XP I20q. 2 MB ...$ 665 SupraDrive 500CP 240Q. 2MB ...S909 SupraRAM 500RX 1MB .. 2 MB .. 8 MB .... S125 $ 185 . S3 95 SupraRAM 2000 2 MB .. ....$ 165 4 MB .. ....$ 219 6 MB. $ 279 8 MB . ....$ 345 SupraRAM 500 Supra Corporation MODEMS MEMORY 1 2 MB with Clock ......$ 39 OTHER Power PC Board Run MS DOS Software on your A50Q . $ 269 i goldenIMAGE ® Peripheral Products for Your Computer at the Lowest Prices Ever! RAM Expansion 4 MB RAM for A500. Comes v ith 2MB installed $ 149 Master 3A-1
3. 5’ Floppy External Disk Drive for the 500 1000 2000 $ 75 Replacement Mouse $ 28 Optical Mouse $ 45 PowerPen
• pen shaped mouse
* ideal lor drawing, and illustrating $ 49 Hand Scanner with
• Full Featured Y DON'T BE FOOLEDPN Buy the 1 Selling hand scanner! Migraph Touch-up
• 64 halftone levels $ 152 design your own... Video Toaster Work Station your price incudes: 0 installation by our trained technicians 0 Knowledgable support staff to assist you in designing the system YOU need 0 Manutactuer's warranty & documentaion 0 No surcharge for credit cards
J. VIDEO TOASTER PERSONAL TBC II DC TV AMI-LINK OPAL VISION $ 969 FREE DELIVERY! PERSONAL VSCOPE T II I M I K A C L E l> i ft m a 1 r. A t: H I * (J t« t » t r w State-of-the-art electronic keyboard. Amiga software and artificial intelligence music technology work together to create t he perfect teaching program! HARD DRIVES I CONTROLLERS I PRINTERS CALLP 50 AMIGA 500 UPGRADE KIT Master 3A-1 $ 99 SYQUEST BARE DRIVES 44MB 88MB $ 299 $ 409 Disk Drive with Golden Image Ram 500 with Clock Calendar LOWEST PRICE EVER! Series II for A500 HD+ 0K Expandable to 8MB 120 MB S629 Impact Series II for A2000 SCSI Hard Disk + RAM Expansion 240LPS $ 809 120LPS S503 A500 TURBO, 120MB A500 Subsystem w 68030 40MHz Mini Slot & Optional FPU $ 1,079 FREE DELIVERY Phone Pak VFX $ 419 Digital Sound Studio S79 G-Force Combo 0-30 Accelerators for A2000 Series Expandable to 16MB
• •FREE DELIVERY* •• 25MHZ w Math Coprocessor + 1MB S659 40MHz, 120MB w Math Co + 4MB $ 1,399 50MHz w Math Coprocessor + 4MB ...51,559 G-Force Combo 0-40 Accelerators for A2000 Series SCSI II Compatible Controller with Parallel & Serial Port Expandable to 16MB
• •$ 2129 FREE DELIVERY* •• *(ir h 4 Contiqumj tates QUANTUM
* * (2 year warranty) ELS, SCSI, 42MB S209 ELS. SCSI. 85MB S279 ELS, SCSI. 127MB .....$ 349 ELS. SCSI, 170MB .....$ 399 IPS, SCSI 240MB .....$ 655 Pro Drive. SCSI, 425MB. $ 1.399 ELS, IDE, 42MB ...$ 195 ELS, IDE. 85MB ..$ 265 ELS, IDE, 127MB $ 325 ELS, IDE, 170MB $ 375 LPS, IDE, 240MB S629 SEAGATE (1 year warranty) ST-3283N, SCSI, 245 MB ,$ 585 ST-351 A, IDE, 42MB ...$ 175 ST-3120A, IDE, 106MB.....$ 259 ST-3144A, IDE, 130MB.....$ 305 ST-3283A, IDE. 245MB.....$ 565 MAXTOR (1 year warranty) 7120, SCSI, 120MB ....$ 329 7123, SCSI. 213MB ....S519 340SY. SCSI. 340MB .$ 799
7120. IDE, 120MB ......$ 295
7213. IDE, 213MB ......$ 445 340A, IDE. 340MB ......$ 779
• •Super Sale** ivs SCSI Internal: Trumpcard 2000 Classic .....S85 Trumpacard Pro 2000 ......$ 142 Grandslam 2000 OK Exp-8MB .$ 229 SCSI External: Trumpcard 500 Classic .....S122 Trumpcard Pro 500 ...$ 225 Grandslam 500 OK Exp-BMB ... $ 287 IDE External: Trurnpard 500 AT OK Exp-8MB $ 172 SUPRA Word Sync for 2000, SCSI Internal .....S97 GVP HC8 Series i! OK Exp-8MB tor 2000, SCSI Internal ...$ 167 ICD AD IDE 40 Kit for A500. IDE External ...S119 AD IDE 40 Kit with AD speed (or A500,10E. Internal ....S299 Expansion Systems Data Flyer 2000 SCSI Int $ 77 Data Flyer 500. SCSI Ext ...$ 133 Data Flyer 2000, IDE Int ......$ 73 Data Flyer 500. IDE Ext .....S127 Panasonic KX-P 1123 ...S199 KX-P 2180 ...S169 with Color Kit ....$ 219 KX-P 2123 $ 229 with Color Kit .....$ 279 KX-P 1124i ..$ 285 KX-P 2124 ...S315 v ith Color Kit ... S359 KX-P 2624 ...S365 star*' NX 1001 Multifont NEW S135 NX 1020 Rainbow NEW .S179 NX 2420 Rainbow ......S285 NX 2430 Black ....$ 235 CITIZEN 200GX ... .....$ 155 v ith Color Kit .... ......$ 199 200GX-15 ..... ......S295 v ith Color Kit .... ......$ 359 GSX-130 ......S235 with Color Kit .... ......$ 269 GSX-140 PLUS .... ......S309 v ith Color Kit .... ......$ 335 GSX-145 Wide 24 pin ..... ......$ 365 with Color Kit .... ......S425 GSX-230 Quiet Technology.... .Call GSX-240 Color Option Available .. $ 325 Since 1982 - - 800-558-0003
• • • AMIGA DESKTOP VIDEO HARDWARE SOFTWARE • • • SOFTWARE AGFA Video Unlimited Type Pack 25T..... 122 95 1995 29 95
147. 95 57 95
57. 95 67 95 32 95 249 95 ..77.95 57 95
97. 95 ..75.95 33 95
74. 95 179 95 29 95 29 95
87. 95 .57.95 132 95
239. 95 .57 95 57 95 . 39 95
52. 95 34 95 64 95 .29.95 . 39.95 54 95
54. 95 Amiga World Toaster Video Tape ... Animation Station ASDG Art Department Pro 21 ... ASDG Art Department Pro Conv. Pack... Bread & Butter Fonts ...... Broadcast 3D Fonts lor Light Wave .. Boadcast 30 Fonts lor Imagine . Caltgari 2 (Reg, 2 MB) .... Can Do Cinnamon Toast Fonts l or 2 Deluxe Paint 4,1 .. Director 2.0 ... Directory Opus ..... Disney Animation Studio Draw 4D Professional ..... Exotic Cais Volume 1 & 2 Imagine ... Exotic Cars Volume 1 & 2 Lightwave Fractal Pro 5.0 ..... Kara Toaster Fonts 1 or 2 ...... Image Master V.2 0 . Imagine 2.0 ... Masterpiece Toasler Fonts ..... Masterpiece 3D Fonts lor Lightwave...... Muitistart II .... Our Wedding (24 Bit) ...... Fix Mate Pixel 3D . Pro Fills Volume I 2.0 .... Pro Textures Volume 1 .... Pro Toasler Fonts I - Fonegn Language. Pro Toasler Fonts 2 ¦ Seiil Type ...... Pro Toaster Fonts 3 * Decorative Display .. Pro Toaster Fonts 4 - Flags of the World .. Pro Video CG II ...... Pro Video Post . ...54.95 ...54.95 .112.95 .144.95 Quarterback Quarterback Tools ....44.35 54.95 Raster Link ....111.95 Real 3D Professional ... Scape Maker
199. 95 ..34 95 ScreenMaker 2 2 .. Scenery Animator . ..57.95 ..54 95 Sculpt Animate 4D ...... ShowMaker .... 249 95
229. 95 I Rexx Professional .. . Transporter Animation Controller Software .... Toastmaster . ..72.95
129. 95 ..81.95 TV Show V.2.0 ..... ..57.95 TV Text Professional ... ..92.95 Ultimate Guide to Toasler 1 or 2 (vidoe tape) VideoClips Toaster Font Volume II Video Director ..32.95 ..29.95
134. 95 Visia Professional . ..54.95 HARDWARE Genlock Video Master .. Call ChromaKey + .. 339 Supergen . ......519 Superoen 20DOS ... ......Call Single Frame Controller BCD 2Q00A ...549 Personal SFC 2.0 .339 Time Base Correctors DPS 230 . .Call IDEN TB Card TR-7 Remote ..... ....849 129 Kitchen Sync . ..Call Kitchen Sync Genlock Options .... ..159 Personal TBC ll . ... Call Other AD Speed (all Amiga Computers) ..... .....Si 64 Air Drive Ini 3 5'-A3000 .. $ 89 AMAXX ll AMAXXII PLUS . Si 37 S339 Amiga RF Modulator .....$ 29 Amiga 1680 Modem ... $ 39 A Video 12 ..... ...$ 419 A Video 24 FREE DELIVERY! ..... $ 859 Big Foot Power Supply .... ..$ 95 Blizzard Board OK .... ...$ 219 Breadboard Video Delay Line ..... .$ 309 Colorburst ..... ___ $ 659 Color Splilter ... .....$ 105 Daia Flyer RAM Card OK ... ...$ 89 DC TV ...... 385 Digiview Media Station .... $ 152 Digital Sound Studio $ 85 FCE Midi Interlace . .$ 48 Flicker Fixer Genlock Option $ 35 Flicker Fixer .... $ 235 Flicker Free Video II . .....$ 235 Firecracker ... .....$ 825 Frame Grabber 256 Gray ... ..... S429 $ 4B9 HI Q Tower ... $ 619 Internal Drive 2000 ... $ 69 K-Start Selector . .$ 35 Light-24 ... ..Call Mega Chip 2000 w Supcr Agnus ......S285 MIDI Gold A500 ... S55 MIDI Gold Insider A2000 ...S59 Mini Gen .S185 Miracle Keyboard ...... CALL Opal Vision FREE DELIVERY! ....5969 PC Snap-In Module for GVP ......S295 Personal VDA1QQ0 (IBM or Amiga slot - please specilfy) .... S129 Perfect Sound ......S65 Professional Video Chassis ... . $ 269 Progessive 340 for A500 . Call Roctec Internal 500 Drive .... S79 Rommatic ..... S22 S-VHS Option Kit for Kitchen Sync .....S99 Sharp JxlOO Scanner ....5489 Studio 16 .. $ 479 Triple Play Plus 5159 GOLDEN IMAGE: Jin Mouse Si 9 1 2MB RAM Expansion for A500 with Color Calander .... S33 MICROBOTICS: VXL-30‘68030 Accelerator Board for the A500 20DD 25MHZ Wo Math Coprocessor S289 with 68882 Math Coprocessor ..$ 449 40MHZ No Math Coprocessor .S449 with 68882 Math Coprocessor .....S629 Advantage. The .. 124 95 Cahgan2 . . .249 95 1 • PRODUCTIVITY • Pro Write 3 2 . 54 95 Publisher Videographer each . 35 95 Am Back Mooniighler 2 0 ......44 95 Can Do ... 77 95 Professional Calc ... 174 95 Video Titler VI 5 ...... ......92.95 AMOS ... 57 95 Comic Art Disks eacn . 22 95 Internal Sounds Kit
36. 95 Professional Draw 3 0 119 95 VideoScape 3D V2 0 ..... ... 119 95 AMOS Compile! ...... 34 95 Copyright . . . 2B.95 Kara Fonts ... ......Call Professional Page 3.0 174 95 VIP Video Interface 104,95 AMOS 3D. ...... .....44.95 Cross DOS 3 0 version ......33 95 Lattice C DEV 5 01 ...
187. 95 Proper Grammar 51 95 Virtual Reality Studio ..
57. 95 Arexx .... .....27.95 Deluxe Music Construction .... ......61 95 Math Blaster Pi. 30 95 Real 30 Beginner 74 95 Visionary ......57 95 An Depanment Pro 2.1 .. 14795 Deluxe Print II ......
51. 95 Mavtnix .... 24 95 SA$ C Development System 6 0 Saxon Script Pro ......242.95 72 95 Vista Professional V 2 0 ......54.95 Art Department Pro Conversion Kit. .....49 95 Design Works ...... 72 95 Morp" P us it: 95 World Atlas 2 0 ......36.95 Audition 4 ..... 57 95 DeskTop Budget . 44 95 CO' by M grapn 264 55 Scala 500 34.95 W Shell 2 0 ......49.95 BAD 4 0 . 2995 Disk Master 2 ..... 3995
f. n Line lati mi
39. 95 Soft Clios Vo I T 2 3 or 4 39 95 X Copy Professional 44 95 Bars & Pipes Pro . ,194 95 Distant Suns Version 4 t . . . .. 54 95 Page Pende'er 3 0 94 55 v v1 F V"pv r VI ? ¦ b. v v* “ .. Soft Fonts . II . SJ J -J -J 54 95 Your Family Tree ......44 95 Internal Sound Kit . .36 95 Dos 2 Dos .. . 30 95 Page Setter 2...... 77 95 Super JAM! 34 95 7rw>lrnnfl 44 95 Baud Bandit .. ...28 95 Dynacadd V 2 0 .. 649 95 Page Stream V.2 2 159 95 Sucerbase 4 177 95 Boombox 36 95 Excellence 3 0 .... 99 95 Additional Page Stream Disks .. .Call Take 2 1 1 1 iWV .....15 2 95 If you don't find j i__i.;__ Broadcast Fonts 3D EZ AMOS 36 95 Pelican Press ... 62 95 Tiger Cub 74 95 __ Master Pak 2 lor Lightwave .... 69 95 Final Copy ...... 54 95 Phaser . 49 95 t-c'V 1-S parh ... . 41 95 witdi yuu re luunrny rur, Master Pak 3 lor light-ware .... .....69.95 Font Pack 1 for Broadcast Tiler .... ...... 99 95 PixSound2.5 .....
49. 95 1 VfaUlbU UlllJ 1 I J . JU' 1 . Transwrite 4' 95 see the Desktop 1 irlen Font Pro Pack Lightwave 1.2.3 ... 167 95 Hot Links . 62 95 Power Windows 2 5 . . ..51 95 Turbo Text 57 95 A 9 t ¦ ¦ ¦ mm mm * m m% §> m Mm a a _ I Broadcast Titler 2 0 ...... .. 194 95 image Finder
41. 95 Pro Video Font .. ..Call Type- Decorative. Designer ..
- .....v * - wv sottware list aoov e! E A-10 Tank Killer V 15 Upgrade .....34,95 Dungeon Master a Chaos (DMlI) bundle 24 95 . RECREATION • | Mike D.tka Football. .34.95 Romance of 3 Kingdoms 1 or 2 .....39 95 Aces of the Pacific _ . 39.95 ECO Phantoms .. ... 24 95 Mixeri-Uo F.iirv TalcK 29 95 ni Fnnnnpm nt 37 95 Adventures of Withe Beamish ....
34. 95 Ecoquesl .... . 34 95 SUMMER Monty Python . L. . U -J 32 95 riuiwj vji Liiyuyi.iiibiii • . . , .. Secret of Monkey Island 1 or II ¦ yf , -j « 34 95 Agony ..... .... 29 95 Elvira ll ¦ Jaws ol Cerberus ..... ... 39 95 Navy Seals
25. 95 Secret of the Silver Blades . Shadow of I he Beast II cr III ... 15 95 34 95 Air Force Commander .. ....34.95 Eye of the Beholder I or II ...... . 37 95 _ WW - No Greater Glory
39. 95 Air Supped .
29. 95 Eye ol the Storm ..... 29 95 SMUJ 1 Al T Nova 9 . 22.95 muuwuii wi ii iw wy ua ¦ i yi 111 ¦¦¦¦¦ unxmi. Shuttle 34 95 ATAC . . . 30 95 f-15 Strike Eagle i! ...... . 34 95 __j m OoiiuS ...
• . T ’ . ¦ 1 . T -, ¦ • • r Sim Ant ¦ ¦ ¦¦ . Vw ....34.95 B-17 Flying Fortress ..... Bail .... 39.95 24 01 Fables 4 Fiends Legend of Kyrandia Cjirnn 34 95 OQ Q5 ASCROPROJ On No’ More Lemmings stand alone 2995 XI* Af Sim City ... r „«... .... 29 95 L M11 VdUtl i. .... Bane Cosmic Forge Iveg .... tM - J ... 34 95 ¦ dJWUI I ...... Fantastic Voyage .. . 27 95 £ un .*o More Lemm add-on Ou! Ol this World
21. 95 45 95 Sim Earth ... Scrcerian ....39 95 36 95 Birds Cl Prey .... 31.95 fighter Dual 29 95 PuA Tour Golf 31 95 WV r bV > IU ¦ 1 ,,i, lli.IIII.I.I.I :. Illii... = !.... I. 1. Snace Quest 3 oi 4 34 95 Black Crypl . .... 31 95 Final Conflict . . 34 95 S Silent Service II Golf Tournament Course disk 17 95 SnniK of War Boombox .. ..... 36 95 Flames ol Freedom ... . 29 95 Pacific Islands . 29.95 VI Irkll Star Control II ... 34 95 Campaign . .... 34 95 Flight of the Intruder . 34 95 .... .. Paper Boy 2 . 25.95 WlUl V. 1 1 1 1 X.I 1 II , .. Starflinht ll 91 Q5 Carmen San Diego Each .. .....30.95 Four Crystals of Trazare ..... 31 95 Knights of the Sky Perfect General 34 95
• _ll(j|lli JIIL II __trirt, Stellar 7 ..... ... v 1 -5 ...21.95 Carmen San Diego - America ..... .....36 95 Gateway 10 the Savage Frontier ...31.95 WWII Edition ..
22. 95 Stratego .. ... 29.95 Castles .... 34 95 Global Effect .. .31.95 ' « I A ¦ ¦ ¦ WWII Scenario Disk
19. 95 Stnn Poker 3 Campaign Disk ... ..... .....19.96 Gods ..... 24 95 i Hen Mnrm msinn Pinball Dreams 24 95 uii Ik i ....., ,,,, Sirn r Snsr * Innrlw*? ... 4.D.7J Castle ol Dr. Brain ... 29 95 Guy Spy . ... 28 95 Pd-Fsohier k i Vyf 21 95
• Jui 1.1 |bovv illidUv. A ... Tr*!idc nf Uanir PrrnhAry harlniAx .... tl 17 Chaos- Dungeon Master 2 . . 2495 Hardball ll .. 29 95
* n i-4 t__i- ni.i. Pc! Fi3 Oiifst 1 Fnhanrpri I - ’ 34 95 TunaziA Mutant fJirv-i Tuxi'ct Ahwun'nrQ OQ OR Chessmaster 2100 .. . 29 95 Harpoon . 37 95 ’ mi i arm r atoon Pcl c'’ Ouest 2 nr 3 •J 34 95
• v MJ i i ¦ > « • ¦ • JM 1 M1 lit a rurcMiui Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles Arcade t CJ.JJ .. .29 95 24 05 Civil War ... . . 37 95 Batileset *4
25. 95 . PcclS o! Darkness 37 95 Co-nan the Cimmerian .. 29 95 Harpoon Challenger Pak . 42 95 | only $ 19.95 each! | Peels of P.adience
• U" 1 . J 15 95 1611 11 “ 1 k»a UC 1 1113 Terrain Fnvnv Conflict Korea Pmnflarf• MiriHlfl C-ic* .....37 95 D ! OK Harpoon Designers Senes Batfiesef LJ AarnH II . 31.95 Populous ..... ¦ s« -Vv
• vi m111 l'm Ji Thundertiawk . . .... AU.3J 29 95 vv'l 1 ¦¦ wI. LylrUUlC Ld5i ... Covert Action . ..... Jh 35 95 neimaaii ... Hoi .... . 24.95 ...24.95 Loro of me Rings 1. 2 cr 3 .. 34 Q5 Populous II...... . Power monger
37. 95 31 95 Thunderstrike Tnm 1 pnrlrv frrlhail .... 29.95 20 05 Crime Does Not Pay .. .....30.95 Indy Jones 4: Fate of Atlantis ...... . 37.95 Lost Treasures of Infccom 1 . W J 39 95 Prehistoric . 1 . IJU
29. 95 Tracon 11 ... £3 3J 39 95 Cruise for a Corpse .. .....34 95 International Sports Chailenqe . ... 30.95 Madden Foot&al 31 95 .29 95 34 95 Prince of Persia....
24. 95 Traders ... W V i ? » QS Crusaders ol the Dark Savant. .....39.95 Jack Nicklaus Unlimited . 34 95 Managers Challenge Prophecy of the Shadow 37 95 TrPasuro (if tttp Frnntt r 71 Curse of the Azure Bonds . .....15.95 King's Quest 4 or 5 .. 34 95 Mantis Ouest for Glory 1 or 2
• V • - W V . 34 95 ' 1 VX1PUI V VI II lb uuVUUI. II I i 1 III. 1 , Twiahlinhl 2000
i. . %j i jj Cyber Empires ..... .....31.95 Knights in the Sky ..... 1995 Matrix Cubed . 31 95 Railroad Tycoon..... .34.95 i ii iui mill ii luww i ..ill. i. it. I-.i. I.,,,. Uliima 6 ¦, V’ J*1 39 955 Dark Queen of Krynn ..... 31 95 Land Air, Sea Compl 2 34 95 Mavis Eeacon Typing . 29 95 Red Baron 34 95 UlflDia . J j . Jtj Death Knights of Krynn ...... 31 95 Leisure Suit Larry i Enhanced ..... 34 95 Mega Fortress .. imJ . 37 95 Red Zone..... 2995 VIVf 'C . I...I..-1 Vik no Field of Conauest
* . J j j DeluxePaini IV (while supplies fast) . ..... 97 95 Leisure Suit Larry 5 ..... 34 95 Mission Disk r1 or 2 ...... 25 95 Rise ol me Dragon . .34 95 r iriiliyj i U.HI Ui WU i fUba« ... ..... Warlord ..... Jv .... 29.95 Demomak ...... ..... 30 95 Lemmings ......
28. 95 Mercenaries 37 95 34 95 30 95 .34.95 Rnarl R? N 31 03 Wfrprp in tfiP p rn Disney Animation Studia ... 74 95 Light Quest ... 31 95 ? Ru vo i 1 a r 9 E ft Kir f-Srtrri rrnf .iact -n* tba t nrn C- 1 ¥ 11 ¦*1 b >-ll 11 lb -. V'Ji lllvil C-CUN ..._ Wide World of Boxing .... World Allas 2 5 ... World Circuit .. ... Zj.jj "IE Dog Eat Dog .. Dune . .....30.95 ..... 29 95 Links .. Firestone. Bountiful Course Disks . 29 95 ... 1795 mvyaiicYV'ICi l ...* . Mig-29 ..... Might & Magic III Robocup 3D .... Pobosson .
31. 95 .34 95 ... 29.90 ... 34 95 .. 34 95 ORDERING INFO; Speedy system. For Iasi delivery send cashier s check or money order. Personal & company checks allow 14 business days locleai P 0 s welcome. C.O.D. charges are $ 5.DO. m Continental U S A, include $ 5.00 lor soilware orders 5% shipping (or hardware, minimum $ 5 00 MasterCard fi Visa orders please include card . Expiration dale and signalure. Wl residents please include 5% sales tax HI, AK. FPQ APO,Puerto Rico and Canadian orders, please add 6% shipping minimum S6.00.Ali other foreign orders add 15% shipping, min $ 15.OQ All orders shipped outside the Continental USA are shipped fi*st class insured U S mail where available it foreign shipping charges exceed the minimum amount, you will be charged the additional amount All goods are new and include factory warranty. We do rot guarantee compatabilrty & version s. Due to our low prices all sales are final Ail Defective returns must have a return authorization number. Call (4! 4) 357-6181 to obtain an P.A t or your return will not be accepted Prices and availability suDject to change without notice. Shipping L handling are non-refimdab!e We ship the latest versions ava (able to us. Updates must be handled by end user directly with the manufacturer Ijot responsible tor typographical errors irt an effort to be complete, some new products may not be ava Lab e from the manufacturer at press time INFORMATION 414*357-8181 FAX 414*357-7814
P. O. BOX 17802 Milwaukee, Wl 53217 HollfiMST MQN-FRI 9am-9pm SAT 11am-5pm VISA NO CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE (i A V E PRESERVE From p. 74. A complex game, Global Effect requires a considerable investment of time and effort for victory. If you usually dive into 0 J 0 a game without even a cursory glance at the manual, you’re in for a brief and bewildering playing experience here. Read the docs several times. If you're up to the challenge. Global Effect offers an enlightened, ecologically-conscious twist on simulated world domination. Guy Spy and the Crystals of Armageddon By Peter Olafson WHEN THE GLEAM wore off the animated spectacle that was ReadySoft’s Dragon’s Lair, it turned out that the gem had a little flaw. The gameplay was limited: You simply had to hit the li rebut ton or nudge the joystick in the right direction at the right time. Fun though DL and its sequels were, they didn't reward experimentation and were the same every time you played them. So the announcement of Guy Spy and the Crystals of Armageddon (ReadySoft, $ 49.95) was greeted warmly by many as an opportunity to extend the cartoon-quality animation to a more interactive setting. Well, it’s finally here, and it's not had. Unfortunately, neither is it the greatest thing since sliced HAM. You use the joystick to guide the squinty superagent looking very ’80s in his open-armpit shirt through 13 chained scenarios in search of German archvillain Von Max: from a shootout in the Berlin railway station to a sword fight with a J O mummy in Egypt to a final fists V knife light in Max's Doomsday Tower. 0 Sounds familiar, right? Sure enough, Guy Spy is very much a descendant of the quartet of Dragon’s Lairs and Space Aces that preceded it in ways good and had. The animation recalls the fluidity of the earlier games based on the work of animator Don Bluth. The graphics are dark and moody. The music is superb. There’s certainly more variety and challenge in the gameplay here than in your average Space Ace. There’s no preordained correct path except skillful play; in that station sequence, Guy can sidestep, roll, or aim and open lire. But while he’s more fully under the player's control, the range of action is still rather limited: fighting (albeit with mul- Guy Spy is your name; counterespionage is your game. Tiple weapons), dodging, and maze-exploring in various combinations all arcadish tasks familiar from the earlier games. There's no real interaction with the environment other than using it as cover, and there are no alternate paths. (Success is one scenario leads straight into the next.) The game is a step in the right direction, hut hardly the “breakthrough in adventure gaming” claimed on the box. In some respects, it's just standing still. The four disks can’t he installed on hard disk or even hacked up within the Ami- gaDOS environment. You have to play with the originals (and a save disk). At the same time that ReadySoft is upping playability with one hand, it seems to he sacrificing it with the other. (A ReadySoft representative did reveal plans to make future releases hard-drive installable.) And the title screens are ack! Phhhpt! Among the plug- ugliest I’ve seen on any Amiga game from a company with ReadySoft’s reputation. Of course, they’re just title screens, hut they don’t exactly put you in the mood for anything beyond the art-by-lhe-yard show at the local motel. This isn’t a slam. I’m just closing the door on Guy’s toes a little hard. If the earlier games captured your heart and wrist, Continued on p. 82. CRIB NOTES From p. 74. This is freedom? It's a change of pace, anyway the perspective switching to an exterior shot of the insect head in some sort of colosse- um under fire from every direction and an inset of your hand roaming over a set of controls. Which are utterly foreign to you. Great. Actually, this is fairly simple stuff. You just need to summon the batch of controls that includes the option to fire the escape pods (the only way out of here). To do so, you'll need to push the lower of the two buttons on the initial panel (which calls up another panel), then the lowest and left-most button (which calls up yet another array), and finally the top-left button. Whoosh. You're gone. Roll credits, right? Urn, no, not quite yet, though you do now have a new code word (LFEK) to make life a bit easier. The pod crashes into what appears to be a harem, and it's definitely scared 'em. The naked ladies, that is, who scatter. The guards just go about their usual business of immolating you with extreme prejudice. You'll want to run right one screen, set up a shield to the right, and concentrate your fire on the guards to the right reinforcing the shield every few shots. (Happily, you're immune to fire from the left.) After you've downed four guards, you'll be able to run right, where your large friend shows up again. Almost there. Almost. The walkway gets shot out from under you along the way. And you fall for it. Fortunately, someone catches you. Unfortunately, it's a guard. Fortunately, he doesn't kill you. Unfortunately, he cripples you. Fortunately, your friend shows up again and starts to fight with the guard. Unfortunately, the guard beats him. And, fortunately, you've been smart enough to crawl over to the levers at the right side of the screen and to hit one when the returning guard reaches the middle of the screen. Haven't you? The resulting laser blast from the device on the ceiling removes the problem nicely, don't you think? Another pull of a lever opens an exit in the ceiling. From here, you shouldn't have much trouble finding your way to the closing animation and an oblique reference to a sequel. Code word. Nice work. I'd planned to devote about half this column to getting started in Origin's Ultima VI: The False Prophet. (That's me, all right.) We're out of space, so we'll do it next time, when the Avatar himself will visit Crib Notes for an up-close-and- personal interview. In the meantime, if you are having trouble with an adventure game "Is it OK if I open the little metal door in the disk and rub my greasy fingers all over the inside?" You can write to me at 25 Belmont Ave., Madison. NJ 07940. I can also be reached on line atPETEROO on Genie and Portal, 74160,3053 on CompuServe, and Pe- teroo fTcup.portal.com on Usenet. _ MANTA WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD! CALL OUR PRICE DIRECT HOTLINE TO PUT YOU IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH A SALES MANAGER AUTHORIZED TO BEAT ANY PRICE. * 908-542-1491 Order Toll Free - 1-800-477-7706 KMNTk Computers & Software For Customer Service Please Call (908) 542-8767 Call for current price quotes Sf latest releases! Many more items in stock at the lowest prices! C* Commodore* AMIGA
* Amiga 500 CPU
* 3.5" 880K internal floppy
* Mouse. Joystick, and power supply
* 9 Disks of software including F A-I8 Interceptor, Fusion Point, KindWords and lots more! Call for the lowest prices on all Amiga 500'fi! MegAChip 2000 500 *$ 189.95 Two megabytes of Chip Ram. Doubles your graphic memory for desktop video, publishing, 3D rendering and multimedia. Compatible with Video Toaster! Call for 2MB Aynus Price MultiStart II • $ 39.95 Install 2.0 and 1.3 ROMS in your Amiga 500 or 2000. Switch between 2.0 and 1.3 ROMS with the keyboard. Call lor 2.0 operating system Insider IIA1000 *0K$ 149.95 Battery backed clock and calendar with up to 1.5 mg RAM. Call for RAM prices Kvvikstart II • $ 69 Puls Kickstart 2.0 and 1.3 in your Amiga 1000 Boots faster and auto boots most hard drives. 2632 32 Bit Expansion 1 1 2 Megabyte memory expansion for the Amiga 2500 030 and C.BM A2630 accelerator. Accelerators Ci Force Combo 25 1 CALL Ci Force Combo 40 4 CALL G Force Combo 50 4 CALL Ci Force 2000 040 33 ...CALL 52 m 120!m 240MB
p. tch.Hjcs available 1 MBSimm, ...CALL 4 MB Simm ....CALL ENUHrAINMENT SomvAW Avaiubie European Imports 8 Magazines WbrdFfcrfect for the Amiga _ Pull Featured Word Processor
115. 000 word spell checker, footnotes, mail merge & more Limited Quantities $ 7995 International Orders Welcome Call for Complete Software & Hardware Listing TM GOLDEN IMAGE Cordless Trackball & Mouse Cord .ess Mouse 569 Cord 955 Jrockbolt
* 79 Special mastcr 3ai floppy 474.99 Amiga RC-500 MM SAM vr OXV for Aeffi $ 36 Hand Scanner u.7, $ 159.95 Optical Mouse ...$ 49 Opto Mechanical Mouse ...$ 22 RC-2000 a waPan Bocrd tor WOOD*.*!-. 2M5 . $ 135 1 Vf-j wmanry v, at Gcfcjen dwJjc*i Commodore
• 1MB RAM AT Bridge Board 286
• 5.1 DOS omy $ 24999
• 5 1 4 H.D. Drive
• fits in o 2000 cr JjMritD Quanities 3000 only rRODUCTIVITY buddy System Amiga DOS 2.0.....$ 35 lluddv System Fagestreani ...35 Can do ..,.B4 Cross DOS 5,0 Plus ....SPLCIAI. C yon us Ed Pro .lit Defuse Print II ...50.95 Design Works ..75 nkbmrtc *r *> XT Dinney Animator ....79 lllQ Tower .. ... CALI. In.. lut 2.1) .....,..,..,69 Draw 41) Pro. ...179 Ml hen Synr ......1-529 Personal SIT .349 Image Under ..40
• Uprtsrsief lor Ugh twine ......59 Marks Huth Lab .CALL M*cl 3D 2.0 bJ Pro Conversion FaX 50 Pro-Video Gold 129.95 Pl(«lfesslve 010 2000 ...CALL Progressive 040 500 .CALL Q jaraum 52. 103 i 20. 240 CALL Sketch master ....CALL VXL 30. 25MI12 ......299.95 VXL 30 40 MHZ ....459 99 uraniiiu3ii.r .... 1 Inal Copy ...CALL Image Master ..119.95 Page si ream 2.2 ...1 r.4.99 Pelikan Press ...04 Pfu Page 3.0 ..109 Pro Write 3.2 . 59 Proper Grammar ....52 Pro Video Pow .....,.,.,..169
K) -.d 3D CALL Scene Generator ...2fl Scenery Animator..S3 Turbo Sihef .59
T. V. Show 2.0 ......58 T V rc« Pro ..98 VXL Math Co ......CALL VXL KAN Board CALL Zcn-> O4O'200O 5C5l ... CALL ¦» ,. I . _ Cormwxkxr 10845------------- ..CALL Commodore I960 __ _ CAIL ¦*« „ m ......CAU. i VISUI Pro 2.0 .....54.95 Voyager CAU. MISCELLANEOUS Amas II Plus CALL Amax ROMS Pi STOCK Amtrac* ....59 ArtiLi ... ..2b VIMd Do 2 0 .. .59 HARDWARE Supra Corp A500XP Hard Driven 52PIB. 1 Mil RAM ..™S449 120 Mil 2 MU RAM .....649 !%?¦«> fCMpa 1»4 51mm* CALL 356*4 8 Dram ..... _ ......t ALL 005 2.0 ...CALL St.pet Denise ...CALL 1 NO v 1 80 ns ... CUL Qvr 51mm 32 ~C1LL AudiOftaster 4 64 liars « Pipes Pro ..190 bisiant Suns 4 II 55 CCE .Midi 500 2000 ......19 Keyboard Skin ] 7,40 240 Mil 2 Mil RAM ...,...CAU, supra Ham 50a KX 1 Mil 73! ...... 1 19 2 MIS ...1 79 Modems ¦KaJv i H.KAi 1 r! Ini., .LiNLl IvlSlmnw CALL CD* .... ...CALL Symttt 44 Nil Internal., .....- . (iii Mil Inlwnal Miracle Plano ......CALL
P. ilChrrM-KIrr, .....CALL Perfect Sound ...W,W 2100 III) f.xlerniil,'Cable ...75 Vaitfi I’l-lrs (.iiar, 119 rnx Mortem VJ2 bfc> ...CALL CK9 rim inicm.ii .....
C. mrlikji > Available ..CALL IVS brands)an) A500 ......J99 Power Dus 250 wan A20O0 ..CALL UuartcrlbK h Tools .52 SAS,'Lattice C ....CALL Soundmas:er „ .....CALL IX 1 uwrr Hoard ...239 Mist Hardware 2091 52MG ....« ..259
2091. 10MG ..229 brands!,mi A2000 .„229 Tiump(..uil Du A50O ___, .,.. ....,225 Trumpcard Pro A2000 ...„I45 Trumpeanl A500 . 125 Super Jam ......74.95
A. Shell 2.0 ......49,95 GRAPHICS et VIDEO Art Department 2.1 ......4149 95 Krnaclcas* tiller II ...-.,....219 calkyiri 2 .... ......219 Color Sphtlrr ......105 At nriiHk: Board. Sn c iu. Llki r*x>l IVI 89 Pee ad Board ....CALL IKTV 379 DC7V Kl»U Converte-.., ..CALL DeskJet 50OC ..CALL riMtm 5O0C Scanner ......LOWC.ST llrecfiKker 24 2 mg .CALL TrumptJitl A20O0 ......85 Trumpcarrl 300 AT-----------------------CALL Hard Drive Packages Availabk- ..CALL Mill Gen __QtT>>0 .135 Supermen..._ .. ......599 AJIer IrruKK.... _CALL SujKTiJwrZlXXlS . ...1299 Hard Drives A2000 HC8 - 0 1 20Q CALL A500 HD + I 20 MB ..CALL A2000 HC8 * 0 240Q CALL A530 Turbo I 20MB ..CALL Miscellaneous A2000 Ram Board Ram-8 ok $ 85 Ram-8 2MB .....149 Digital Sound Studio .....83 At Once Plus ..CALL Impacl Vision 24 ......CALL GVP Phone Pak ..CALL LOWEST PRICES ICD The ICD Advantage AdSCSI 2000 Hard drive interface with unmatched speed and flexibility. AdSCSI 2080 Hard drive interface with up to 8 MB or FAST RAM. AdSpccd Bcsl overall performance of any accelerator in its price range. Flicker Free Video 2 Eliminates interlace flicker for any Amiga computer. A cl KAN 540 Add up to 4 MB of RAM internally in your Amiga 500 AdRAM 2080 8 MB internally in your 2000 2500. AdSpeed $ 16995 Flicker Free Video 2 $ 235°° Call For Other Prices 0LP1S CltAl New From ICD Video Toaster AdlDE Smallest Amiga hard drive interface made. For IDE (ATI drives. IDE 44 for your 2.5 inch hard drive. IDE 40 for your 3.5 Inch hard drive. Novia 601 How you can have the Piovia with a 60 MB 2.5 inch hard drive. Novia 801 The smallest hard drive and interface in the world for your Amiga 500. Fits internally. Prima 52i 68030 68882 Accelerator RAM Harddisk controller for A2000. Expands to 32 MB using industry standard 1 or 4 MB SIMMS. Allows access to RAM & hard drive in 68000 mode. How mount a 3.5 inch IDE drive internally in your Amiga 500. 1000 or 2000. Prima 120i 120 MB hard drive that fits internally in your 500, 1000 or 2000. Shuffle Board Reroutes DFO: to the external floppy connector. L3oot from an external floppy. For an Amiga 500 or IO00. TECH SUPPORT CALL • 1-908-542-8767 WalH in Traffic Welcome.
• Terms VlSA MASTCKCARD. Discover, certified checks and money orders welcome. School Corporate Purchase accepted. Most Items shipped 1-2 11 us I ness days. * Returns: ail Hems returned must have RMA s before return!™*. Defective products exchanged (or same Item only. Hardware Hems will be replaced or repaired. All returned Items subject to a restocking lee. Shipping mm-refundablc. Call for complete details. • Ad prices subject to change without notice. Prices may differ In retail location - Software Concepts, Kotontown. Riot responsible for typographical errors. Customer Service and product information call (9001 542-6767. _• lk-al any price’ guaranty may not apply to certain Items, Ami Link Packages...... .CALL BCD 2000 ....CALL DP5 TBC 230 CALL Kitchen Sync 1529 Mini Burst 199.95 Personal V Scope CALL Personal VDA CALL TBC 2 ..HEW Low Price In IHJ Call:
(908) 542-1251 FAX: (908) 542-3654 ORDER TOLL FREE 1-800-477-7706 Toaster 2.0 Upgrade... ...289 Toaster cozzy A3000 .CALL Video Toaster 2.0 ..... Lowest Price Wipe Master .CALL Workstations CALL Complete 'lomm WmmtMicm Available Full Warranty - Lowest Prices CALL FOR DETAIL 1 Specials 1 Art Dept 2.! ,$ 149.95 Cross Dos 5.0... ....34.95 DCTV .. ..379.95 Deluxe Paint IV . ....(new version) ....89.95 imagine 2.0 ..209.00 Pagestream 2.2. ..164.99 Quarterback 5.0 ....43.99 Superbase IV .... ..169.95 Superjam ... ....74.95 115 Route 35 Eaton town, NJ 07724 OPEN 7 DAYS AUTHORIZED SALES & SERVICE CENTER Newtek Video Toaster Video Toaster Factory Refurbished v2.0 With Full Warranty only Imagine 2.0 The Amiga’s best modeler gets more powerful! Dozens of new features re-establish this as the best modeler available for the Amiga computer! Includes FREE Protextures 10 disk set! The Kitchen Sync .$ 1595 EPSON Scanner ¦Two Complete TBC's on one card * Works with any video source *S-VH5 and Hi-8 compatible •Optional Y C output * Great for use with the Video Toaster 600 DPI, 24-Bit full page color scanner ...,s999°° Willi ASDG Driver Bundle ....!1079°° DIGITAL EPSON is a trac fr.a?K ct Se no EPSON Inc VIDEO SOLUTIONS (SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE) IMAGE PROCESSING SOFTWARE ART DEPARTMENT PRO. V 2.1 .....159.00 ART DEPARTMENT CONVERSION PAK 52.95 ASDG MORPH PLUS .....199.95 DCTV 399.00 DCTV; A GUIDED TOUR .26.95 IMAGEMASTEfl PROFESSIONAL ..149.00 Proc amp control and color balancing IMAGEMASTER FIRECRAKER 139.00 RASTER LINK ..... CALL 3D RENDERING ANIMATION SOFTWARE ANIMATION STATION .....39.95 ANIMATRIX MODELER ....59.95 BROADCAST 3D FONTS - CALIGARI 74.95 BROADCAST 3D FONTS - IMAGINE 84.95 BROADCAST 3D FONTS - LIGHTWAVE 84.95 CALIGARI II ...279.00 ESSENCE FOR IMAGINE ......CALL DIGIVIEW MEDIA STATION .169.00 DRAW 40 PROFESSIONAL .179.00 IMAGINE 1.1 W FREE TUTORIAL VIDEO .79.95 IMAGINE: A GUIDED TOUR ...26 95 IMAGINE 2.0 BUNDLE ...269.00 UNDERSTANDING IMAGINE 2.0 ......26.95 MAP MASTER * IMAGINE ......45.95 MAP MASTER - LIGHTWAVE 64.95 MATERIAL TEXTURES STONE - TILES - WOOD EACH 29.95 PIXEL 3D 2.0 ...64.95 PRO TEXTURES ...36 95 PRO TEXTURES VOL II ...42.95 PRO TEXTURES VOL III ...42.95 REAL 3D VI.4 199.00 SCAPEMAKER 2.0 29.95 SCENERY ANIMATOR 2.0 .....59.95 SCENERY ANIMATOR DATA DISKS 18.95 SCULPT ANIMATE 4-D ..299.00 SURFACE MASTER ¦ IMAGINE .25.95 TEXTURE CITY ...159.00 VISTA PROFESSIONAL 2.0 ...59.95 VISTA PROFESSIONAL DATA DISKS FROM 29.95 VIDEO UTILITIES DIRECTORY OPUS ...36.95 DISKMASTER II .....42.95 TOASTMASTER ....84.95 TOASTER TOOL KIT 99.95 These are ail Brand-New no used or refurbished units! A portable 200 dpi 18-Bit color scanner. Includes Scanlab software from ASDG ......Was s699°° 24-Bit scanning software included Now only..$ 33900 Upgrade your Amiga 2000 or 3000 to 24-Bit technology. DCTV jj Perfect for Video & Graphic Applications 21 ! Discrete. RGB. 16.8 Million colors Centaur Includes the best 24-Bil paint program - OpalPaint Development" PROGR€jCT|V€ P€RIPH€RRLS fryOFTWRRG A2000 28ltlhz 040 28mhz 68040! Up to 32megs RAM! FREE Imagine SCSI-2 DMA HD Controller 28Mhz or 33Mhz 68040 Accelerator 64Mb High-speed 32-Bit RAM Expansion The FASTEST A3000 Accelerator Call for system prices Accelerator for the A2000 Example system configuration: Video Workstation: A2000 CPU w KB and Newtek VideoToaster 2.0 Start with a basic Toaster 2.0 machine, then add any hard drive, hard drive controller and monitor that you want. Optionally you may want to add an accelerator and or Time Base Corrector board, or you can choose one of our pre-configured systems. Mercury A3000 with FREE Imagine Z.0.SZ149 Clue of the Month The Art Department Professional Ver. 2.1 Enhance your texture library with DCTV's REMAP tool DCTV's REMAP fool allows you fo reassign screen colors to the colors of a gradient according to each screen color s luminence level. G-Force 030-Combo 40 4 .....$ 99900
* 68030 running at 40mhz
* 68882 running at 40mhz
* 4mb of 32-Bit RAM (I6mb max.)
* Onboard Series II SCSI Controller
* Hard drive mountable
* All on one board (while supplies last) A530 TURBO
• A500 HD8 with 40mhz 68030
• 1 mb of 32-Bit RAM expandable to 8mb
• Socket for 68882 Math chip “Mini Slot" for PC emulator & more!
• Turbo swilch for compatibility.
• Includes SCSI pass Ihru.
• Dedicated power supply included! A530 w 52mb drive *969°° AS30w 120mb drive *1099“ Art Department Pro gives you the most powerful image processing system ever offered for the Amiga. Now with JPEG compression and 24-£Mt printing TREXX PROFESSIONAL .. DESKTOP VIDEO AMIGA VISION BROADCAST TITLER II .... BROADCAST TITLER II SUPER HI-RES ....
279. 00 ..89.95
119. 00 ..74.95 ..55.95
249. 00 ..59.95 .,44.95
215. 00 CANDO 1.6 DELUXE PAINT 4.1 ..... THE DIRECTOR 2.0 ... OUR WEDDING-24 BIT ... PRO VIDEO CG II . SCALA 1.1 SCREEN MAKER-24 BIT SCREEN MAKER-HAM ... SHOWMAKER . TRANSPORTER VIDEO ENHANCEMENT HARDWARE CHROMA KEY PLUS .....3: COLOR SPLITTER ..1C DMI RESOLVER BOARDS .....C FIRECRACKER ...7S FLICKER FIXER ...... 2± FUCKER FREE VIDEO II ......2: VIP VIDEO INTERFACE .1C GVP-VIU-S ...... C GVP - VIU - CT .....C 0PALV1SI0N .9S FRAMEGRABBER HARDWARE FRAMEGRABBER ...3C PERSONAL TBC II SONY XV-D300..... GENLOCKS MINIGEN GENLOCK ROCGENPLUS..... SUPERGEN 20Q0S SUPERGEN GENLOCK . EDITING HARDWARE BCD 2Q00A (SONY PANASONICdVC) .. MEDIAPHILE SYSTEMS NUCLEUS SINGLE FRAME CONTROLLER V2.0W CABLE VIDEO DIRECTOR ... HOT INTEGRATED VIDEO HARDWARE DCTV 399.00 MEGACHIP 2000 500 .... 209.00 MEGACHIP W 2M0 AGNUS .269.00 PERSONAL VECTORSCOPE ...789.00 VIDEO BLENDER .CALL VIDEO TOASTER 2.0 ...2099.00 PAL SPECIFIC VIDEO HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE DIGIVIEW MEDIA STATION PAL ..179.00 FLICKER FIXER PAL .....300.00 FRAMEGRABBER 256 GREY PAL .499.00 FRAMEGRABBER PAL .449.00 PRO VIDEO POST PAL .199.95 VIDEO EFFECTS 3D PAL .....139,95 INTERNATIONAL TOLL FREE ORDERING POUCIES: For Canada, FPOt APO - Minimum order $ 50. All olher countries: minimum order $ 100. For VISA and Master Card orders you must FAX or mail a signed photocopy of your credit card - front and back. Please have your credit card number ready before colling. INTERNATIONAL PHONE NUMBERS Orders only please. Canada t'800-546-2512; Italy 1670-74086; United Kingdom 0800-89-1178; France 19-0590-1099; Australia 0014-800-125*712; Switzerland 046-05-3420. OFFER CODE- G2A409MG Coll for alt other shipping information. Educational, corporate and aerospace purchase orders accepted. No surcharge for Visa MasterCard; 4% surcharge for American Express; 1% surcharge for Discover. RETURN POLICY: Call Customer Service at (310) 214-0000 for return authorization. All returns without authorization number (RMA ) will be refused. Returned products must be in original condition and packaging and musl be sent back within 30 days of our invoice date. No refunds, please. Defective product exchanges only. We make no guarantees for product performance. Exchanges with unlike products are at our option and subject to a 20% re-stocking fee. CONDITIONS Prices and availability of product are subject to change without notice. MAIL-IN ORDERS: Send money orders or cashiers check for fastest service. Personal checks - up to 10 days to clear. Include: Name, Address and telephone number (no P.O. Boxes, please). If ordering by credit card include expiration date and billing address. Call for exact shipping rates. G A M E P R E S E R V E From p. 78. You’ll find this a modest improvement. Just don’t expect the earth to move. It didn't for me. Gods By Joe DiCara FAMOUS FOR GLOSSY graphics, crisp sound effects, and blockbuster play, the Bitmap Brothers have pushed the programming limits again with Gods (.Konami, $ 39.95). An eight-way scrolling arcade challenge. Gods casts you as Hercules, who has been challenged by the gods to free a legendary city from the rulers of darkness. If successful, you will he granted immortality and a seat among the gods. A worn out scenario? Maybe, hut four action-packed levels, each complete with three unique worlds, plus a vast array of new weapons and enemies, provide the hook to keep you coming hack for more. Every level is crawling with highly detailed, smoothly animated, and very colorful enemies that get meaner as you progress. Some come straight at you; cautious ones fly arouncl dodging your shots. Scattered throughout the levels are monsters that want to steal your possessions (or kill you if you’re empty handed). You can. However, trick them into helping you obtain objects normally out of your grasp. Let a thief steal the item that you can’t reach, then kill the goon and pick up the treasure. Many such tweaks make Gods more than just another superhero monster bash. In addition to monsters, locked doors also block your passage. You obtain keys by solving the clever traps and puzzles. Occasionally, the two interact: Escaping a trap might reveal a clue to some unsolvable puzzle. Keys also open chests of valuables, with which you can purchase better weapons, potions, and health. Is Gods easy? With only three lives, you’ll he hard-pressed to outlast all the monsters, avoid the sinister traps, defeat the four super-sized guardians at the end of each level, and solve the intricate puzzles. Is Gods fun? You bet! Napoleon I: The Campaigns 1805-1814 By Jeff James FORGING THE REVOLUTIONARY fervor of earlv 19th-cen- tun* France into a military force without equal, Napoleon Bonaparte soon had the nations of Europe at his feet. You can step into his shoes with Napoleon I: The Campaigns 1805-1814 (RAW Entertainment, $ 49.95). The four included scenarios span the hulk of Napoleon’s reign as Emperor of France and Napoleon I’s strategic map lets you monitor the movements of units from France, Russia, Prussia, and Austria. Let you assume control either of his elite Grand Armee or of the allied coalition’s combined forces. The action takes place on two levels of magnification: strategic and tactical. The strategic level displays a scrollable chunk of Europe, dotted with military units, towns, roads, and major geographical features. Combat takes place on the tactical level, where vou command individual brigade-level o groups from the units. The combat system is based upon the military- formulae presented in Col. Trevor Dupuy’s hook Numbers, Predictions and War, a tome revered by wargamers for its accuracy and detail. In determining the outcome of combat, Napoleon 1 considers such variables as morale, fatigue, supply, training, leadership ability, tenacity, weather, and terrain. For armchair generals, the quick-combat option rapidly decides the victor in armed engagements. Although the game has an admirable amount of detail including a facility to resolve combat by using tabletop miniatures it has an equal share of weaknesses. The maps and unit graphics arc crudely drawn, sound is nonexistent, and the interface although supporting pull-down mentis and other amenities is cumbersome. The program operated smoothly on all Ami gas running AmigaDOS 1.3, hut ran sluggishly under 2.0. even on an A3000. Filled with interesting background information, the manual is in dire need of a few screenshots and Amiga-specific details. I he game is not hard-drive installable, it requires one megabyte of RAM. And the copy-protection scheme makes you locate words in the manual. While Napoleonic-era aficionados will find much to like in this game, the poor docs, eight-bit-qualitv graphics, and problems with AmigaDOS 2.0 make Napoleon I a near miss overall. ? SHORT TAKES By Peter Olafson The Dark Queen ok Krynn Pools of Darkness Gateway to the Savage Frontier Shadow Sorcerer Strategic Simulations just keeps banging out these role-playing-by- numbers games. Actually, The Dark Queen of Krynn (S49.95), the newest entry in the AD&D line, isn't too shabby. It maintains the playability and quicker pace that has been a hallmark of of the Dragonlance games ever since Champions of Krynn. The quality of the graphics is markedly off, though, and it was sometimes difficult to tell whether there was a passage in front of me or not. And what's the Eye of the Beholder-style compass doing in here? Of course, if you've emptied a bag of potato chips, you'll probably eat the last one, whether you're hungry or not. So those who've sliced and Continued on p. 87. We will spend the time you need to make an informed decision 160 BROADWAY NEW YORK, N.Y. 10038 BETWEEN LIBERTY ST & MAIDEN LANE OPEN 9-6. FBI 9-2:30, SUN 10-4 ’15 Yrs. Ol Service lo l)ie Computing Community' ‘Toaf Video Toaster- C*-CLorV XY odOTe Al tICrA He‘idqn.arters ORDERS: USA & CANADA
(800) 537-4441 INFO: (212) 608-1391 349-2555 Fax Us Your Order or Inquiry
(212) 962-4635 TRI STATE 99 AUTHORIZED FULL SERVICE C=Commodore-DEALER FIRECRACKER 24 2 Meg, 24 Bit Graphics Hi Res, Works on 2500 Free Imagine 2.0 LOWEST ' DCTV-NTSC Digitizer & Display Device Frame Butler w 24 Bit Faint Millions ot Colors S3B4.95 ' GVP-lmpactvision 24
16. 7 Million CofO'S Genlock Pip Framegrabbei A2000 Adapter . S49.95 KITCHEN SYNC 2 CHANNEL TBC Broadcast Quality . SI 529.95 LTD. QTY. x r* -- EPSON ES 300 C Full Color 24 Bit Scanner 600 DPI w ASDG Driver
5938. 95 GVP 040 POWER! For A3000 LOWEST ART DEPT. PRO V. 2.0
5155. 95 Flicker Eliminator 3 D Modeler Video Tnler $ 1869.00 A3000 TOWER IN STOCK ALL CONFIGURATIONS! Ocommodorevt.l ZG. T 500 Includes: LOWEST
• TV Adapter • Tetris Carmen San Diego Textcraft Plus Tutorial Software Free Amiqa World A500 BONUS PACK Commodore Express 24 Hr. Service NEWTEK VIDEO TOASTER 2.0 $ 2039.93! VICTOR HOOCrUrih MOJO
* Built in Trumpcard Pro Final Copy 1.3.2
52. 95 Pagestream 2.2.....
168. 95 Art Dept Pro 2 0.....
149. 95 SAS Lattice Ver 5 1
187. 95 Caltgan 2
239. 00 AMAX II Plus
349. 95 DeskJel 500C Driver .39.95 Imagine 2.0 ....
264. 95 Pixel 3D 2.0...... .67.00 Real 3D V-1-4
319. 00 Sculpt Ammate-4D..
299. 00 3D Professional
195. 00 Broadcast Tiller i.....
225. 00 Pro Video Post......
197. 00 Screenmaker . , LOWEST Avideo 24 CALL Avideo 12 . CALL Trexx Pro LOWEST Toaster 2 0 Upgrade. 289.95 Pro Page 3.0 ___
165. 00 TBG'S & GENLOCKS Hotronics AP41 ... 949.95 Tne Personal SFC 359.95 Progressive Per Mmigen 184.95 Supergen 2000S Genlock 1369.95 Instructional Videos. Books CALL DPS Personal TBC II 769.95 DPS TBC 230 1499.95 DPS Personal Vscope 749.95 Kitchen Sync (2 Chan). 1539.00 Iden TBC Card w TR7. 1049.95 SOFTWARE Prime Image TBC TCB .. CALL Syquest 44 Meg Int. Drive 339.95 Syquest 44 Meg Cartridge 78.95 Syquest 8B Meg Int. Drive ..... 437.95 Syquest 88 Meg Cartridge...... 109.00 Syquest Cleaning Kit .... 24.55 Ext. Box w Power Supply.. 109.95 3ft" Internal Floppy 67.95 3ft" A3000 Internal ...... 84.95 3ft' Ext Air Drive .79.95 Maxtor LXT 213 SCSI .. 689.95 3ft Roctec Internal Floppy...... 79.50 Supra 500XP52MB HD w 5l2k..... 529.95 Quant 52MB SCSi IPS HD ... 229.95 Quant 105MB SCSi LFS HD 376.00 Quant. 120MB SCSi LFS 439.95 Quantum 40MB SCSi HD 169.95 Quantum 240MB SCSi HD ..729.95 Maxtor 1 2 GiG ... 1899.95 Datallyer 500 ... 139.95 Daiallyer SCSi Controller . 83.00 Datallyer Express .. * . 184.95 We will not be undersold! Call if you need a price beat! DRIVES Authorized Dealer "tr Trumpcard 500 Classic 124.95 Trumpcard 500 MCTA 4 ... 184,95 Grandslam 500 .. 2B9.95 Grandslam 2000 . 232.00 Trumpcard Pro . 144.95 Trumpcard 500 AT . 174.95 « 68030 A 68000 Start Accelerator S1S1 A RAM
• Lxp. Lo 32 meg RAM
• Uses Indjslry Standard Simms Prlm§ge TBC-PCB “The Ullimale TBC on a Card" Y C in and out perfect freeze frame & strobe software and or hardware controlled lull transcoding low power consumption black & white ellect IBM or Amiga CALL HP DESK JET 500 C....649.95 Toaster Cozzy ...CALL A2320 Disp Enhancer (A2000) 209.95 Super Fax Modem w Software. 349.95 Microbotics VXL 030 25 LOWEST Microbotics VXL 030 40 LOWEST CDTVw Pro Upgrade ....STOCK All Computer Safeskins ....CALL Optical Mouse .. 48.95 Midi Controller (4 outs) ....49.95 Phantom Midi Controller 218.95 Microbotics Bup! Dip.2meg 169.95 Flicker Free Video II ..... 234.95 ICD AII Products Available CALL CSA Rocket Launcher ......CALL Prog Peripherals A2000 28 Mhz 040 1568.00 ProRAM 64 MB Exp Card 3000 GK... 358.00 Mercury A30Q0 lmagine 2.0 Bundle..2099.00 QKB-Megachip 2000 500 w Agnus .. 289,95 Multistart II .....49.95 DKB 2632 RAM Exp 112 4 Meg...439.95 IF YOU DON’T SEE WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR. PLEASE CALL PERIPHERALS Arock Masterpiece Fonts- Toaster ...
139. 95 1st Prize Toaster Fonts. .39.95 Masterpiece Fonts...
158. 50 Showmaker ....
239. 95 Kara Fonts Headlines 3 . 45.95 Kara Animfonts (1-3).. . 29.50 Cinnamon Toast Fonts voimi .....
64. 50 Disney Animation Studio 78.00 The Director V 2.0 ... .72.50 Fractal Pro ....
49. 95 Map Master (Imagine) 44.00 Scenery Animator.....
57. 50 Scenery Animator Disk . 18.50 Video Scape 30......
117. 00 Vistapro 2 0 ...
84. 95 Opainl 4.1 ....
105. 95 Dr Is 3.5 Lev 11 KCS
229. 95 Diskmaster II ..
39. 95 Directory Opus .37.95 Bars & Pipes Pro
207. 95 Toaster Tolikit
99. 95 Wipe Master .
129. 95 Commodore 1084S. LOWEST Commodore 1960... .... CALL Pan. CT-1382Y..... . 234.95 Sony CPD 1304S .. .. 579.00 Sony CPD 1604S .. .. 999,95 Panasync 138it.... .. 319 00 Nec MS 2A...... .. 369.95 Nec MS 4FG
729. 95 SOFTWARE MONITORS Tristate is a full service dealer for pros and amateurs alike. We carry everything in Video & Editing | EGAuthorized Dealer We guarantee lowest prices!!! A500 HD8+0 52Q-11 ... CALL DSS8 Sound Studio CALL A500 HD8+0 120Q-11 .... ... CALL Combo 030-25 1 0 ...... ..... CALL A500 HD8+0 240Q-11 ... ... CALL Combo 030-40 4., CALL A500-PC 286 512 . ... CALL Combo 030-40 4 120.... ..... CALL AT Once + PC emulator ... CALL Combo 030-40 4 240.... ..... CALL A2000 HC8+0MB ... CALL G Force 030-50 4 ...... CALL A2000 HC8+0MB 52Q-11 ... CALL Combo 030-50 4 120 CALL A2000 HC8+0MB 120O-11 .. CALL Combo 030-50 4 240 CALL A2000 HC8+0MB 24OQ-11 .. CALL GVP A-530 Turbo . CALL A2000 RAM 8 0 .. . CALL Sim32-4MB 60 ..... CALL 1MBx8MB SIMM (2MB)... . CALL S11 030 HD Disk Mt. Kit CALL AmiLink Cl Editor Headquarters A B Roll System | AG 1960).. CALL Cuts Only System (AG 1960) CALL Toaster Control Module CALL AUTHORIZED DEALER Roctech Suparslim .....
84. 95 Anti Virus Nu Click Rockey . . 299.95 Rocgen Plus .... . . 289.95 Combo Deal .... .. 574.95 Rocmouse ...... 23.95 A500 Int Dnve . . . 74.95 PANASONIC AG 7750 Single Frame Accurate TBC, Built in serial controlled IN STOCK Perfect for Toaster AG 7650 Built in TBC 32x search companion to AG 7750 AG 770 Controls AG 7750 & AG7650 AG F700 Time Code Reader Card STOCK CALL FOR SYSTEM DISCOUNTS INDUSTRIAL AG-1960 .. 939.95 AG-450 SVHSw case .... 1249.95 AG-460 2 chip SVHS w case 2899.95 AG-185U .... CALL AGW1 ..... 329.95 AG-190U ...STOCK WV200 CLE ... CALL AG-7400 Port SVHS..... CALL AG-1730 .SPECIAL CT-1382Y . 234.95 AG-1260 4HD Ind. VCR .. 259.95 COD's accepted Overnight shipping available. 15 day money back guarantee. All merchandise brand new. Factory fresh. Custom configurations our specially. Software Air Support ......31.99 Black Crypt ...33.99 Carl Lewis Challenge ....29.99 Civilization ..39.99 Conquest of Longbow ..36.99 Cruise fora Corpse ......34.99 Dark Queen of Krynn .....31.99 Deuteros ....26.99 DoJo Dan ...32.99 Fun School Series .32.99 Global Effect ......35.99 Gods ...33.99 Guy Spy ....31.99 Hunter ......26.99 International Sports Challenge....31.99 Lost Treasures ..45.99 Mark’s Math Lab ..31.99 Matrix Cubed .....33.99 MegaFortress ...37.99 MegaFortress Mission ..27.99 Nova 9 23.99 Out of the World ...36.99 Panzer Battle .....31.99 g books & MAGAZINES Amiga Companion 2.0 ...20.99 Amiga Intern 33.99 AmigaDOS Manual 3rd Ed..,. 22.00 Arexx Cookbook 20.00 DOS Inside & Out 2.0 ....22.95 Includes & Autodocs 35.95 ROM Kemal: Devices 25.99 ROM Kemal: Libraries 29.99 Understanding Imagine 2.0 ...28.00 Using Arexx on the Amiga....27.99 We carry ALL Euro magazines! Call for Pricing Paper Boy 2 ......26.99 Pinball Dreams 24.98 MarfOfCord RoboSport 38.99 Secret Monkey Island II 39.99 Sim Earth ..45.00 Sliders 29.99 Solitaire's Journey ......38.99 Space Shuttle ...36.99 CODs WRC0ME Spoils of War ....37.99 Treasures Savage Frontier..36.99 Where USA is Carmen .31.99 MelllII I I Mil EnfflERTAI NME-NiTi Software 600 Amiga Fonts ...20.99 AmiBack 2.0 .....47.99 AMOS 59.99 AMOS Compiler 34.99 AMOS 3D ..42.99 Animattes: Wedding 2 49.99 Arexx ...... 31.10 Art Department Pro 158.99
B. A.D ...31.99 Beyond Backgrounds Pro .,70.99 Boom Box ....46.99 Broadcast Titler II 229.00 Broadcast Titler ll HiRes ...285.00 Broadcast Titler I I Font Enh 98.99 C Net 2.2 ...75.00 Easy AMOS from EuroPress $ 41.99 C= Commodore V interactive MULTIMEDIA We carry all availab e CDTV titles! ASIM CD Rom FS ....50.99 Battle Chess .36.99 Beethoven Symphony 7...36.99 Brickette 42.99 CD Caddy 2-Pack 15.99 CDTV Prof Bundle 185.00 CDTV Carry Case .....60.00 CDTV Genlock ..155.00 CDTV Keyboard Adaptor.,49.99 CDTV Trackball 95.00 CD Rom File System 36.99 Defender of the Crown 31.99 Fred Fish Online 45.00 Guinness Disc of Records ...37.99 Music Maker ......37.99 NASA’s 25th Year 19.99 Caligari II . Can Do 1.6 ...... TO ORDER Call 800-544-6599 MON.-FRl. 9-6, SAT. 9-3CST INFORMATION TECH SUPPORT RETURNS 414-548-8125 Charts & Graphs .. Cross DOS 5.0+ ... Cycle Man ...... O SjpraFAX Modem 14.4 .305.00 Deluxe Paint IV..... DevPac 3 Draw4D Pro Essence Imagine... O Cross DOS 5.0+ Fractal Pro 5.0 High Speed Pascal HotLinks . ImageMaster .. Imagine 2.0 ... In the Can ...... LabelDex! Lattice 5.0 ..... Macro 68 MaxiPlan 4.0 . Vista Pro 2.0 Wshell 2.0 .. WipeMaster Media Station . C* Commodore* AMIGA A10 Speakers ..38.00 A520 RF Modulator 35.00 A1011 Ext Floppy ..116.00 A2Q10 Int Floppy 2000 .95.00 A2060 ArcNet Card 175.00 A2065 Ethernet Card.255.00 A2091 SCSI Controllerl55.00 A2232 Multi-Serial Bd.295.00 A2286 AT BridgeBoard .379.00 A2300 Int Genlock ...135.00 A2320 Display Enhancer.,225.00 A2386 SX BridgeBoard.725.00 A3010 Int Floppy 3000.95.00 A3070 Tape Drive ....525.00 DOS 2.04 500 2000 ...85.00 DOS Upgrade. 3000....45.00 Mouse. 2-Button ..45.00 Mouse. 3-Button ..53.00 Migraph OCR ...... Morph Plus .. Notebook . PageStream 2.2 . PatchMeister Power Packer Pro...... Presentation Master... Pro Draw 3.0 ...... Pro Toaster Fonts...... Professional Calc ...... Professional Page 3.0 ProStream Fonts Plus Profills 2.0 ... Pro Textures 2 . PSImport . QuarterBack 5.0 . Resource Rexx Plus Compiler.... Scenery Animator 2.0 Soft Faces ... SuperBase Prof 4 Super DJ . Super Jam ... Take 2 ...... Texture City Pro 60 ... Toaster Toolkit ... ToastMaster . Trexx ...... Video Effects 3D Virtual Reality Studio Visionary . 68030 Accelerators from GVP! 25MHZ 1MB .669.00 25MHz 1 MB 52Q 889.00 40MHZ 4Q 4MB 999.00 40MHZ 4Q 4MB 120Q ...1399.00 40MHZ 40 4MB 240Q... 1719.00 50MHZ 50 4MB ......1529.00 50MHZ 50 4MB 120Q... 1849.00 50MHZ 50 4MB 240G...2045.00 Back to School Specials: A500 Upgrade Kit 108.00 Am s Fun 2 3 Adventure ..30.00 DistantSuns 55.00 Math Vision .....115.00 ProWrite 32 ....55.00 A Video 24 ......870.00 AD 1012 Digitizer 509.00 AdFlicker Free Video 2 ......239.00 AdSpeed ..179.00 Atonce + GVP .299.00 Black Burst Generator 175.00 Blizzard Board 219.00 Bread Board Video Delay ..315.00 CD Rom Drive. Ext Chinon545.00 Video Toaster 2,o $ 2025.00 120Q SupraDrive with Word Sync for the Amiga 2000 Easy to install A2000 Hardcard with autobooting WordSync interface, factory tested, with Supra s 1- year warranty. Hardcard 52Q ....349.00 Hardcard 1200 ..499.00 Hardcard 24GQ 819.00 SupraDrive 52Q Ext .....365.00 SupraDrive 120Q Ext 529.00 SupraDrive 240Q Ext 845.00 For the A500 SupraDrive 500XP 520 1 ...480.00 SupraDrive 500XP 5Q2 2 ...565.00 SupraDrive 500XP1200 2 .675.00 SupraDrive 500XP 2400 2 .935.00 (Shipping is only $ 7.00 on these systems!) SupraFaxModem V.32 SupraFAXModemV.32 V.42 V. 42bis - Up to 9600 bps send and receive FAX or data GPFax Software .75.00 SupraFAXModem 14.4 Bare .305.00 SupraFAXModem 14.4 w sw..355.00 SupraFAXModem 9600 Bare 245.00 SupraFAXModem 2400+....135.00 SupraFAXModem 2400+ w sw ......165.00 SupraModem 2400 Bare 79.00 SupraModem 2400zi+ w sw 120.0Q SPECIAL: FREE 6-month Safe Harbor BBS membership with the purchase of any SupraFAXModem! 500RX 1 RAM 512K RAM Expansion 39.00 500RX0 _125.00 500 RX2 185.00 500 RX . .419.00 SupraRAM20000K 119.00 SupraRAM 20002 169.00 SupraRAM 200(74 _225.00 SupraRAM 20006 __ 5.00 SupraRAM 20008 349.00 OTHER GREAT SUPRA PRODUGTS floppy Drive----------------95.00 PowerPC Board-------------------275.00 PcwerSuppty,50QXP 55.00 SCSI Controller, 500XP ..199.00 SCSI Controller, 2CO0 ___110.00 SCSI Controller, 1000 179.00 Series III Upgrade .... .39.CX) supra Corporation VIDEOS AdvTechDPaintV .23.99 Amiga Graphics 23.99 Amiga Primer ..20.99 DCTV: Guided Tour 27.99 Dpaint IV Guide......23.99 Lightwave Hints 1 ....30.99 History of the Amiga .18.99 Howto Animate.....23.99 Toaster Microwave 29.99 Ult Guide Toaster .39.99 CD Rom Drive, Int Chinon.425.00 Cable: DB25-50 Cent SCSI..20.00 Cable: Dual SCSI Ribbon 16.95 Chassis. ES2200 499.00 DCTV RGB Converter 225.00 Fatter, 1-Meg Agnus 49.00 FlickerMaster ....15.00 Floptical Drive. Int .....439.00 Floptical Drive, Ext ....539.00 Floptical Drive. 3000 ..449.00 Floptical Media .26.00 Genlock, SuperGen ....669.00 Genlock, SuperGen 2000S...1329.00 Harddrive, 52Q Bare 249.00 Harddrive, 120Q Bare 399.00 Harddrive, 105Q Bare... 379.00 Harddrive, 240Q Bare 709.00 Harddrive, Impact 500 52Q...488.00 Harddrive, Impact 500 120Q 639.00 Harddrive, Impact 500 240Q .899.00 Joystick Adaptor, Analog ....17.00 Joystick, Ergo ...20.00 K-Start Selector .33.99 Keyboard Overlay DCTV 14.99 Keyboard Overlay Toaster...24.99 Kickback ROM Switch 39.99 Kitchen Sync .1599.00 MIDI, ECE 500 2000 ... 52.00 MIDI, Eureka ....40.00 MIDI, Triple Play + .....165.00 MegaChip 2000 w Agnus .269.00 RocLite Ext Floppy Beige or Black....89.00 RocGen Plus 305.00 RocKey 319.00 RocGen Plus with RocKey 539.00 RocHard 52Q 500 ...419.00 RocHard IDE SCSI ..195.00 Internal Replacement Drives A200Q ..75.00 A500 ....78.00 RocTec Mouse 25.00 RocKnight Anti-Vi rus...35.00 RocTec HD Case 95.00 ROCTEC Circle 44 on Reader Service card Mouse Joystick Switch 29.00 Mouse Master ...29.99 OpalVision 999.00 PC 286 Emulator 295.00 Personal SPC 375.00 Personal TBC II ... 789.00 Personal V Scope 789.00 Personal VDA ..125.00 Power Supply 2000 ...159.00 Power Supply, Big Foot 99.00 Scanner, Epson 300C 949.00 Scanner, Sharp 320 1190.00 Scanner Board. Sharp 320...415.00 Scanner, Golden Image.....212.00 Scanner, MiGraph ......259.00 Switch Box, 4-Port ......49.00 Tape Drive, ABT 250 ..630.00 Tape Drive, Sidewinder.....616.99 Toaster Cozy ..729.00 Trackball, AMTrac 69.99 VXL*30 RAM 2 Meg ..235.00 Video Director 139.00 Video Interface. VIP 105.00 WIZ Tablet ......229.00 Package includes drive, cartridge, manual, and a dual SCSI 50-pin cable: external models include case & molded cable. We support what we sell!! Syquest Drive Packages ¦ 1 ¦¦ 1 1 w 44MB (2000) $ 399 $ 499 88MB (2000) S559 S559
• NEW PRODUCT • ADVANCED AMIGA ANALYZER by Wilcom Australia A complete diagnostic hardware and software analyzer for all Amigas. Simply plug in cables from the analyzer box into any Amiga port. Gives display status of all data transmission signals, the ability to test the integrity of any disk drive, checks all ports, buffer chips, alignment and joystick mouse. Reads diagnostic status of any read write errors from track 0 to track 79. Software automatically tells what errors are found and trie chips responsible. 85% to 90% of the problems presented to service centers are tound with this analyzer. It will save you lots of money on repairs and no repair shop can afford to be without one. Don't be fooled by its low cost. This is a sophisticated diagnostic unit that really works! Introductory price ...$ 79.95 DIAGNOSTICS The Final Test Diagnostic Program. Diskette tests out keyboard, display, graphics, new Workbench, sound, timing, real time clock. RAM test (both chip & fast) Vi bright, HAM, blitter, sprites, double buff animation, mouse, disk read write. DF1 DFO ..$ 15.95 A2000 COMPUTER Finally a selection of different A2000 computers from Commodore at prices lower than a direct dealer pays. Call For Pricing LATEST ENHANCED CHIP SET
• Super Denise 8373 Upgrade: Ulilize program scan modes. Super hi res mode. Comes with exclusive Super Demse diagnostic test & installation sottware programs ... $ 35.95
• 2 04 Operating System Kit Upgrade: Contains 2 04 ROM. 1200 page manual and diskettes (7 lb. Box) $ 87,50 Buy the 2.04 Kit from us @ $ 87.50 and as a bonus we'll give you the Super Denise 8373 for S31.80
• 2.04 ROM only (NTSC PAL) without kit ....S39.95 AMIGA UPGRADE CHIPS 8362 Denise ' j Bright ...$ 21.95 8364 Paula ..$ 18.95 8373 New Super Denise ...... $ 35.95 8375 (new 2 Mb Agnus) A500 Plus & A600 only ..$ 59.95 391155-02 Gayle (A3000) ...$ 44.95 5719 Gary chip ....$ 12.95 8520A CIA chip. Controls 12 maior functions ......$ 9,95
1. 3 Kickstart ROM .$ 24.95
2. 04 ROM only NTSC PAL (does not include krt) ..$ 39.95 2 04 Enhancer ROM Kil AS213. Includes 4 Happy disks, 1.000 page operation manual & ROM (NTSC PAL) .....$ 87.50
2. 04 ROM Upgrade Kit 4AS314 lor A3000 only .....$ 45.50
2. 04 A2620 A2630 ROM Upgrade Kit ....$ 34.95 6570-036 Keyboard chip (fixes most keyboard problems..S9.95 NEED A ROM SWITCH? SEE OUR SwlTCH-lTT INFORMATION REJUVENATOR II A1000 UPGRADE Second version allows 2MB ol chip RAM Surpasses A2000 specs Contains 2MB Agnus, B373 Super Denise, 2MB RAM, 1.3 ROM, "Final Test" diagnostic software and Amiga Diagnostician booklet .....$ 599.95 ELIAS 3000 MODULE EXPANDER (THE ULTIMATE 2 MEG CHIP RAM UPGRADE BY MICROWORKS OF CANADA) Commodore recently developed a new. Improved 2 meg Agnus chip to work with their new A50CH and A600. This chip (8375) is now available in the Elias 3000 plug-in module & provides the much needed 2 MB of CHIP RAM at low cost. Never run out of chip RAM again in your A500 2000 2500. Fully compatible w 2,04 & 8373 Super Denise. II you use desktop video, 3D rendering & animation, multimedia or desktop publishing, etc., then you need the Elias 3000. We will even buy back your old 1 meg Agnus and still give you the newly designed Goliath chip puller FREE. Comes complete with 8375 chip, additional RAM & instructions (specity NTSC or PAL) $ 234.95 1 MEG FATTER AGNUS CHIP (8372A)-Comes with FREE Goliath Agnus chip puller (a necessity). "Final Test" diskette (18 diagnostic programs), and complete step-by-step installation instructions ......$ 44.95 (We'll beat any competitor's price on this chip and still give you the diagnostics and newly designed puller.) AMIGA 500 MOTHERBOARD Now for the first time, and only at Grapevine, purchase a NEW A500 PC motherboard at prices lower than an Amiga dealer pays! Each "board" is populated (all chips), tested and has a 90 day warranty. Contains 1.2 and V: meg Agnus. PAL format also available..$ 99.95 ? EMERGENCY STARTUP KIT A MICROCARD 600 by MICR0W0RKS LTD. Arwii iqqo ™ Credit card size slot PCMCIA memory for the Amiaa (Revised April 1992) Stop sending out your Amiga for repairs. Save a lot ol time and money by repairing your own. Over 90% of broken Amigas are easily repaired by this kit. Kit corrects 28 symptoms and includes: Two 8520A CIA Chips, 8362,8370,8364, Chip Puller. Fuse. Schematic, Diagnostician Booklet and The Final Test Diskette. A $ 224.00 value for ..$ 99.50 (Above kit with 8373 Super Denise .... $ 109.95) VIITch NOW WITH A ROM SPEAKER Electronic ROM Selector Switch by Global Upgrades, Inc. allows for compatibility of ALL your software. Automatically switch between 1.3 or 2.04 ROM from your keyboard. Built-in speaker confirms 1.3 or 2.04 ROM Does not overlap the 68000 chip, which means complete compatibility with AdSpeed or Mega Midget Racer, etc. Simple plug in. No soldering. Lowest priced keyboard switch available instructions included.. $ 32.95 FANTASTIC BONUS:
• Buy the Swjtch-!tt with 1.3 ROM upgrade installed (g $ 49.95
* Buy the Switch-itt with 2.04 ROM upgrade installed @ $ 64.95
• THE ULTIMATE DEAL: Buy the Switch-itt with 1.3 and 2.04 installed @ $ 84.95 (1,200 pg manual diskettes-add $ 49.95) DKB PRODUCTS EXCLUSIVE SPECIALS A500 240 volt power supply (U.K Eur.) Exact Amiga replacement ...,.$ 79.95 A2000110 volt power supply (200 watt fan). S129,50 A2000110 220 VAC power supply (US. U.K.)..S159.50 A3000 110 volt power supply .....$ 169.95 A500 internal floppy drive .$ 67.50 A2058 8 Mb Amiga RAM board $ 279.95 A2058 2 Mb Amiga RAM board $ 159.95 A501 Amiga 512K module RAM (CBM)..$ 37,95 A2088 XT Amiga add on board kit $ 185.50 A500 keyboard (312502-01). Made by Commodore (Exact replacement) ..$ 49.95 British A500 keyboard (312502-12) .$ 59.95 A2000 keyboard ...S89.95 1403 (14") VGA CBM B W monitor. Just refurbished by Commodore. 90 day warranty.... $ 46,95
2. 04 ROM Chip only. For those multi-Amiga users who do not need the full operating manual and diskettes, this is for you We now sell the latest version of the 2.04 ROM chip at a fantastic price. Schools, businesses and multi- Amiga users will like the price ...$ 39.95 8520 CIA CHIP .....$ 9.95 (2 or more $ 9.00 each)
1. 3 KickstartROM .$ 24.95 GVP G Force Combo 4 Megs. Comes with 68030 68882. SCSI controller and 4 megs 40 Mhz Combo 4 meg $ 1079.00 50 Mhz Combo 4 meg $ 1439.00 Credit card size slot PCMCIA memory for the Amiga A600. Features of Microcard 600 are: Contains its own PCMCIA controller, auto-configures at boot time, and Microcard 600 memory is 20% faster than chip RAM. PCMCIA is the only way to really expand your Amiga 600 computer. Introductory prices: 2 MB card $ 169.95 4 MB card $ 224.95 SUPER DENISE 8373 UPGRADE New 8373 ECS Super Denise chip adds new screen modes: productivity mode for flicker free display and enhanced picture. Superhi*res mode for ultrasharp video titling (1280x200 pixels), scan mode and new genlock mode allowing greater flexibility. (This is the same chip used in the A500r & A600 A3000.) Comes with Super Denise diagnostic and installation software programs. This chip is an absolute must with the 2.0 and is the latest of the Enhanced Chip Set (LOWEST PRICE ANYWHERE) ...$ 32.95 MEMORY EXPANSION 1x4 80 SC Zip for A3000 = Amiga approved brand) $ 19.95 1x1 80 ,......$ 3.85 4164 20 (used but guaranteed) ......$ .29 256x4 80 ..... $ 3.75 1x8 80 SIMM ......$ 38.95 4x8 80 SIMM .....$ 118.95 Panasonic 32K Printer Buffer Chip $ 15.95 Citizen 32K Printer Buffer Chip ..... $ 22.50 Flicker Fixer by Microway (NTSC or PAL) ..$ 227.95 68000-8 Mhz ...., $ 9.95 68882-20 Mhz $ 34.95 68881-16 Mhz ...$ 39,95 68882-25 Mhz ...$ 49.95 MegAChip 2000™ With 2 Meg Agnus Chip Included 2 MB of Chip RAM for A500 2000 Sizable Rebate on 1 Meg Agnus STOP RUNNING OUT OF CHIP RAM If you use your Amiga for Desktop Video. 3D Rendering A Animation. Multimedia or Desktop Publishing then you need the MegAChip 2000 Fully compaiibie with Workbench 2 0. The ECS Demse chip, GVP's & Commodore s 68030 accelerators Why upgrade to 1 meg ol RAM when you can have the same high tech 2 meg chip RAM as the A300CP Includes FREE Rockwell chip puller (a necessity), Final Tesl diagnostic Agnus diskette program (see Diagnostics section) & 2 meg Agnus chip installed & tested..$ 264.95 Buy the MegAChip from us and we'll give you the new 8373 Super Denise (ECS) for S31.50 Insider II™ 1 5 Megs m Your A1000 Allows AlOOOowners to add up to 1 5 meg of Fast RATA internally User expandable in 512K increments using 256K x 4 Drams Includes batiery backed clock calendar. Simple installation No soldering required Compatible wnh the KwikStarl II and most processor accelerators .... ..,,...,.$ 169.50 With 15 meg .....$ 218.95 KwikStart If™ utilize 1 3 and 2.0 ROMS Allows A1000 owners to install 1 3 and 2.0 Kickstart ROMS and switch between them Jpgrade to the latest operating system and still be compaiibie with software ihat requires Kickstart 1.3 .... $ 59.95 MultiStart 11™ Switch between ROMs from your keyboard Allows A500 2000 Owners 10 install Kickslarl 1.3 and 2.Q and switch between them with the keyboard Can also install a third ROM. A sizable percentage of present software will be incompatible with the new 2 0 This simple device allows you to be compatible with all your software No external wires or switches required .42.50 MULTI START BONUS
• Buy the MulliStart with 1.3 ROM upgrade installed @ $ 62.50.
• Buy the MulhStart with 2.04 ROM upgrade installed @ $ 77.50.
• The Ultimate Deal: Buy the MuttiStarl with 1 3 and 2 04 installed @ $ 99.95. 3 Chestnut Street, Suffern, New York 10901 • Fax: (914) 357-6243 ALL COMMODORE CHIPS & PARTS AVAILABLE Order Line Only as 1-800-292-7445 Customer Service Line: (914) 368-4242 International Order Line: (914) 357-2424 Xu tiidjnjr.i »rfl logos Iqr ICO aid Qkb a'v I'cun irw fcv» 919 icWt ¦owitri'CXfcon pu DO»ei Kr~ 'V x leg aicfoc lr»d*«njr o* Com nooo»* Ikitrm Uacmres Cotp Ttoe GRAPEVINE GROUP Inc. (; A M K V R E S E R V E THE ICD ADVANTAGE AdSCSI 2000. Hard drive interface with Unmatched speed and flexibility ...$ 97.50 AdSCSI 2080, Hard drive interface with up to 8 megs of FAST RAM ......$ 164.50 Each meg of memory add .....$ 38.95 AdSpeed. Best overall performance of any accelerator in its price range ... $ 164.50 Flicker Free Video, Eliminates interface flicker for any Amiga computer. New version just upgraded ...$ 234.95 AdRAM 510. Just released for the new A500 PLUS. Take your Amiga 500 PLUS up to 2MB of fast RAM. Includes RAM and battery ...,.$ 77,50 AdRAM 510+ for A500 PLUS (no ram) $ 29.95 AdRAM 540. Add up to 4 megs of RAM internally in your Amiga 500 with 1 meg .....$ 127.95 with 2 meg .....$ 159.95 Each additional meg of memory add ..$ 38.95 AdRAM 2080. 8 meg internally in your 2000 2500 ...$ 97.50 Each meg of memory add .S35.00 AdlDE. Smallest Armga hard drive interface made. For IDE (AT) drives IDE 44 Kit (for 2.5” hard drive) .....$ 117.50 IDE 40 (for 3.5” hard drive) (includes controller & cable) $ 92.50 IDE 40 Kit (includes Shuffle Board) ..$ 134.50 Novia 60i. The smallest hard drive and interface in the world for your A500. Fits internally .....$ 469.96 Novia 85i .... $ 599.00 Prima 52i. 3.5" IDE drive internally in your 500.1000. 2000.... $ 399.95 Prima 105! ... $ 577.00 Kickback New ROM Selector $ 32.95 MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTS Printer Port Adapter (runs any CBM printer to PC) ...S29.95 IBM 5Va" Alignment System (Free Spirit) .....$ 29.95 Dr. Ami (Free Spirit). Memory & hard disk diagnostic program. Scans all system expansion memory. Locates defective chips & bad memory location ....$ 29.35 AMI Alignment System (Free Spirit). Precision disk alignment performance package ...$ 28.50 PHOENIX BOARD A1000 upgrade just released from Australia. Withing minutes transform your A1000 into a powerful new Amiga that approaches the specs of the A3000. Eliminate compatability problems. The Phoenix is a complete replacement motherboard. FEATURES: 2 MB RAM on board configured as 2MB chip RAM: SCSI controller built in; true A2000 video and expansion slot, easy solderless installation; uses all original A1000 peripherals (Send for specs.) .$ 785.00 ® EXPENSIVE REPAIR COSTS If your Amiga 500 1500 2000 shows the following symptoms, you MAY need a replacement of the most problematic (IC) chip in your Amiga, the 8520A. Areas affected by either of the two 8520A chips are: centronics port, RS232 port, joy stick port, mouse port, drive LED, drive motor, blank screen, green screen, boot and external drive problems. (None of the above? See our Amiga Diagnostician.) The 8520A is a simple plug in and will save you a lot of repair costs and down time. 40% or all broken Amigas are caused by bad 8520s. No soldering ....$ 9.95 (2 for $ 9.00 each) McCOY (PLCC) AGNUS CHIP PULLER This is an exact copy of the Burndy chip extractor that Commodore sells for S29.95 to its authorized service centers. It is essential for removing the Agnus chip. Our price for this top professional tool ....$ 14,95 AMIGA POWER SUPPLIES A500 45 watt (heary duty) . $ 67.50 200 Watt "Big Foot” A500 Universal Switching Power Supply with tan and externa! Cabling for hard disks, etc. An absolute must for those adding on more memory peripherals (e.g. Prima) Works in all countries worldwide ......$ 83.95 A2000 110 volt P S (200 watts Ian) ..$ 129.50 THE GRAPEVINE GROUP IS THE OLDEST COMMODORE MAIL-ORDER COMPANY IN THE U.S. ESTABLISHED 1980. SEND FOR OUR FREE CATALOG 3 Chestnut Street, Suffern, New York 10901 Customer Service (91*| 368 *242 irrational Oraer Line (9H| 357-2*24 Fa* (914) 357-62*3 Order Line Only 1-800-292-7445 Add ups CnatqCT lo Above '¦ sv nvocfcmg cnatpg MORE SHORT TAKES ICD From p. 82. Diced their way through Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and TheSecret of the Silver Blades will doubtless find something to slice and dice in Pool of Darkness (S59.95), the final game of the initial AD&D quartet. The 32-color graphics are notably better than in Secret, and while there's still tons of fighting, the puzzle element seems more dominant. And it's fun being back in Phlan the city you saved in POR though it doesn't last long. All in all, not a bad way to go out. By contrast, Gateway to the Savage Frontier ($ 49.95) the first game in SSI's new Forgotten Realms saga comes in like a lamb. The problems start when you open the box and find a card that states: "Due to the size and scope of Gateway to the Savage Frontier, the game cannot be played on a hard drive." Games of size and scope demand to be played on hard drive; swapping the three game disks, even on a two-drive system, gets to be a royal pain. (Of course, the kicker is that it apparently can be played from HD by anyone adept with a file editor.) The pics are tolerable, but the game is also intolerably slow. For many, unfolding the story, however engaging, is likely to prove more troublesome than rewarding. Actually, Shadow Sorcerer (S49.95) is the most plain fun of any of these. This follow-up to (and presumably replacement for) the much-demeaned engine behind Heroes of the Lance and Dragons of Flame adopts an isometric point of view and an icon command system that emphasizes ease of use, bountiful good looks, and the pleasures of exploration. The mission is also a nice change of pace your quartet is shepherd for a passel of refugees whose confidence you must keep. Are there any more like you at home? Walk to _ Give Pick up Use 4 & Open Look at Push Close Talk to Pull Monkey Island II: LeChuck’s Revenge Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge (LucasArts Games, $ 59.95) is simply the best animated adventure available for the Amiga. It's funny as Tom Hanks on a roll dig the Saturday Might Live influence at the spitting contest! And effectively does in 32 colors what the IBM does with 256. Not to mention being big (11 disks); and ya gotta love a game that calls its own copy protection "lame-o." (It isn't.) Most importantly, it has the same vigorous sense of fun as its predecessor; there's never a dull moment in LeChuck's Revenge. Guybrush Threepwood has turned Scabb Island into a bore by repeating his How-l-Vanquished-LeChuck story ad infinitum. Eventually, he brags to the wrong person, and before long the guy with the writhing beard and the interesting skin condition is back. Guess who he wants a piece of? The sonics still aren't quite what they should be no footsteps, no creaky boat-bobbing and there's an awful lot of unnecessary traipsing around to solve the many enjoyable puzzles, which isn't quite the same as being "non-linear." Superb stuff, I laughed all the way through. ? SIDELINE SOFTWARE orders 1-800-888-9273 only G M E PRES E K V E MORE SHORT TAKES 840 N.W. 57th Court, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 Need Into? Call (305)-491-9519 3 Stooges
14. 95 Killing Game Show (Psyg) 19.95 4-0 Sports Boxing 2195 King's Bounly Leatherneck
16. 95 4-0 Sjxirts Driving 2195
12. 95 Advanced Destroyer Simulator
16. 95 Legend Of Faiagahl
14. 95 Alpha Waves Continuum Altered Beast
9. 95 Line Of Fire 9,95
14. 95 Lords of the Rising Sun
18. 95 Amazing Spiderman Arkcnoid 2
14. 95 Magic Fly Mega Lo Manta
22. 95 Atomic Robo Kid
9. 95 Menace 1695 Baal
13. 95 Midnighl Resistance
16. 95 Ballgame
16. 95 Mig 29 Fulcrum 1995 Ballistyx
14. 95 Monly Python
17. 95 Barbarian 2 (Patace)
14. 95 Moonshine Racers
17. 95 Barbarian 2 (Psygnosis) 2195 Music X
24. 95 Bard’s Tale 3
16. 95 Bat
16. 95 NAM 1965-1975
16. 95 Batman The Moyia 1695 NAM SEALS 1695 Battle Chess 1895 Narc
16. 95 Battle Command 1695 Neuromarcer
16. 95 Battle Squadron 650 New Zealand Story
16. 95 Bionic Commando 1495 Night Hunter
6. 50 Blades of Steel
6. 95 Nigh! Shift
12. 95 B lockout
14. 95 Ninja Spirits
14. 95 Bloodmoney
14. 95 Nitro
16. 95 Bloodwydi
14. 95 North & South
14. 95 Brat 1295 Operation Harrier
16. 95 BSSJaneSeymour Spacewreckod 16-95 Operation Snowsfrike
16. 95 Bubble Bobble 1695 Operation Thunderbolt
18. 95 Cabal 1695 Outrun Europa 1995 Cadaver
24. 95 Padand
16. 95 California Games
16. 95 Pacmania
16. 95 Captive
18. 95 Parza Kick Boxing 1895 Cardiax
14. 95 Paperboy
16. 95 Carrier Command
14. 95 Paperboy 2
19. 95 Carthage (Psygnosis) Cenlurron, Defender ol Rome
21. 95 Photon Paint 2.0 Pictionary
14. 95 Championship Run
9. 95 Pil Fiqhler 2195 Chase HQ 2 16 95 Populous
18. 95 Chips Challenge
16. 95 Populous World Editor
16. 95 Chuck Yeager 2.0
18. 95 Pro Tennis Tour
12. 95 Cisco Heat
17. 95 Pufiys Saga
12. 95 Conflict In Europe
14. 95 QIX
12. 95 Conqueror Crackdown
14. 95 RM Baseball 2
9. 95 Red Lightning (SSI) 1B.95 Craps Academy 1695 Red Storm Rising
19. 95 Cyberbail
16. 95 Resolution 10i Hoveriorca 14.95 Dark Spyre
14. 95 Rick Dangerous 14,95 Das Boat 18 95 ROTOX
14. 95 Days Of Thunder
R. V.F. Honda
14. 95 Death Bringer DeLuxe Palnl 3 1695 24 95 Savage Shadow Of The Beast 1 6 SO
18. 95 Demon's Tomb
9. 95 Shadow Warrior
16. 95 Deuleros
19. 95 Shogun
16. 95 Disc Tran
16. 95 Shoot Em’ Up Conslr. Kit
19. 95 Double Dragon 2 Double Dribble
16. 95 Sir Fred
6. 95 Ski Or Die 16 95 Dragon Breed
14. 95 Sky Chase
14. 95 Dragons of Flame (SSI)
18. 95 Starflight
18. 95 D Wars (Interplay)
9. 95 Starglider 2 Slormball
18. 95 F-16 Combat Pilot
16. 95 Street Fighter
16. 95 Fast Break
14. 95 St rider
16. 95 Final Fight 19 95 Stryx
14. 95 Fire & Brimstone
14. 95 Stunt Car Racer
16. 95 Flight Of The Intruder
24. 95 SuperC
6. 95 Flints! Ones
16. 95 Super Monaco GP
19. 95 Flood
18. 95 Switchblade 1
16. 95 Fulure Wars (Interplay) 1895 Sword ol Aragon Sword 01 Sedan
16. 95 Gaunllel 3
9. 95 Games Summer Edition
T. V. Sports Basketball
18. 95 Games Winter Edition 14 95
T. V. Sports Football
18. 95 Germ Crazy
9. 95 The Krystal
14. 95 Gettysburg 16 55 The Third Courier
9. 95 Ghouls arid Ghosts 1695 Thunder Jaws
6. 50 Gold of the Aztecs 1795 Thunderstrike
14. 95 Gold Runner 2
12. 95 Toobin'
14. 95 Golden Axe
18. 95 Treasure Trap
16. 95 Gunship
16. 95 Turbo 6 50 Heart of Ihe Dragon 18 95 Turrican 2
21. 95 Hollywxxl Poker Hun! For Red Oclober (Arcade) Hunter
16. 95 Tunnels Of Armageddon
12. 95 1995 Typhoon Thompson Unreal 14 95 995 Ice Hockey (Anco)
14. 95 Vaxxine
12. 95 Imperium
18. 95 Viking Child
12. 95 Impossible Mission 2 14,95 Votfied
18. 95 Infestation
14. 95 Voodoo Knightmaro 995 Iron Lord
16. 95 Wargame Construe. Set
16. 95 H Came From The Desert
18. 95 Waterloo
14. 95 It Came From The Desert 2
16. 95 Welltiis
9. 95 Ivanhoe
16. 95 While Death
21. 95 Jack Nicholas Greatest 18 1495 Wild Wheels
16. 95 James Bond: Stealth Affair
18. 95 Wings
18. 95 James Pond 1695 Wolrchild
24. 95 Jupiter Master Drive
14. 95 Wollpack
18. 95 Keel The Thiel
18. 95 World Class Leaderboard
14. 95 Khalaan 1995 World Games
16. 95 Kid Gloves
14. 95 Xybols
16. 95 Killing Cloud 1995 Zoelrope
19. 95 MULTIPACKS A-IO Tank Killer 1.5 The ugliest airplane in the West is the basis for one beautiful flight simulation. The A-10 Warthog is essentially Mickey Mouse with missiles, but on a speedy computer system, this overhauled version of the 1990 game flies like a dream. Dynamix's original A-10 Tank Killer wasn't bad smooth but spartan in flight and v. 1.5 (S59.95) is still a bit spartan. The most obvious additions are new missions based on the Gulf War, in which the plane was among the principal molars chewing up Iraqi armor. If that was all there was to it, this would be a data disk, but Dynamix has recast the flight model, added Extra Halfbrite and analog joystick support and a slew of other new options. The result is that A-10 1.5 is one of a very few genuine high-end Amiga flight sims; it's slick, fast and sensitive to the controls. (Be advised, however, that it's also designed for accelerated machines: 16-MHz or faster.) SPORTING GOLD Includes: California Games Games Summer Edition Games Winter Edition ALL FOR $ 24.05 PHANTA5IE PACK Includes: Phantasie 1. Phantasie 3, Questran 2 ALL FOR $ 21.85 TNT Includes: Toobiri. Xybots. All Points Bulletin, Hard Driving. Dragon Spirit ALL FOR $ 24.85 AIR SEA SUPREMACY Includes: Silent Service, Gunship, P-47 Thunderbolt. Wings. Carrier Command ALL FOR $ 48.85 AMIGA TEN STAR Includes: Clever A Smart. Eskimo Games, Triple X, Sky Blaster, Spin World, Power Sticks, Crystal Hammer, Final Mission, Little Dragon, and Vampire's Empire BLOWOUT! ALL FOR $ 18.85 Return of the Living Text Adventure I was all set to sing the praises of a nice Ultima clone called Legend of Lothian (available as Legend.Iha in the Amiga Arts section on CompuServe) when I stumbled across this taster for a wonderful text-and-graphics adventure from Down Under on Portal. It's creepy, it's logical, it's exceptionally well-written, and the graphics are as stylish and professional as anything in this fallen genre. This game (ROLTA.DMS) from Shadowp ay (S25 shareware donation) has heart, and I don't mean the disembodied, horror-story kind. Or maybe I do. ? POWER HITS Includes: Shanghai, Wicked, Battletech, Fighter Bomber. Gee Bee Air Rally, Hacker 2, Tournament Golf, Ports of Call, Little Computer People. Spin Di?zy Worlds ALL FOR $ 49.95 CHALLENGERS Includes: Pro Tennis, Superski, Stunt Car Racer, Fighter Bomber ALL FOR $ 24.85 THE NEXT ROUND DOUBLE DOUBLE BILL Includes: Wings
T. V. Sports Basketball,
T. V. Sports Football. Lords of the Rising Sun ALL FOR $ 39.95 HIGH ENERGY Includes: North and South, Hostages, Teenage Queen. Tin Tin on the Moon, Fire and Forget ALL FOR $ 24.85 TOP LEAGUE Includes: Speed ball 2, F-16 Falcon, Midwinter, Rick Dangerous 2.
T. V. Sports Football ALL FOR $ 49.95 NEW TITLES Isriar lagerjo!ih!for.ras 45 Pushover 37 Caiifcmfa Games 2 40 Apidiya 37 Hook 40 Sensible Soccer 37 Summer Olympiad *92 40 Adams Family 37 Fire and Ice • 37 Epic 45 Dune 40 Dynoblasters 45 Jaguar XJ220 37 Shuttle 45 l ure ol the Temptress 45 EUR0MAGS Amiga ftrmat, C.U. Amiga. Amiga Games, Amiga Action, Amiga Computing, Zero, Amiga User International, Amiga Power ALL WITH DISKS-$ 10 each Fax(3051-491-6134 Price & AnilaCility sub;set to change! SHIPPING (UPS Ground) For up to 3 pieces, by payment: Mastercard & Visa $ 5.00 • C.O.D.(Cash Only) $ 10.00 available! Call for prices on upping times not guaranteed. No refunds orex±anges. Defective products exchanged with same iten. U S. products warranted through manufacturer.
U. K. products wirrwrtied through Sideline. Next day & second day air i special shipping. Snippii STATE SECURITY As the KGB watches Soviet citizens, who WATCHES THE KGB? YOU DO, IN VIRGIN Games' new adventure, KGB (S49.99). In the role of former GRU captain Makism Rukov, you ARE TRANSFERRED TO DEPARTMENT P, MOSCOW KGB, A DIVISION THAT INVESTIGATES CASES OF CORRUPTION within the KGB. Your first assignment IS TO UNCOVER THE MURDERER OF PRIVATE DETECTIVE GOLITSINS. AS YOU DELVE DEEPER, YOU FIND YOURSELF WADING THROUGH A SWAMP OF CONSPIRACIES AND COUNTER CONSPIRACIES, WITH THE UNDERLYING CURRENT OF OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT. (RS 101.] THE MOUSE GOES WEST Based on Stephen Spielsehg's An American Tale and An America nTail: Fievel Goes West, An American Tale (Capstone Software, S44.95) FOLLOWS THE ADVENTURES of Fievel Mousekewitz. Children can join Fievel in his QUEST TO REJOIN HIS FAMILY AND TO best New York's Mott Street Maulers and the 0ld West's Cat
R. Waul gang. Peppered with puzzles AND GAMES, THE PROGRAM FEATURES INTERACTIVE CHARACTERS AND BACKGROUNDS DIGITIZEO FROM THE FILMS. (RS 102.) ARCHAEOLOGY AND THE NAZIS In Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (LucasArtsGames, $ 59.95), you (as Indy) and archaeologist Sophia Hapgood must unlock THE MAGIC OF ATLANTIS BEFORE THE Third Reich harnesses the Lost City's power. Depending on your EARLY DECISIONS, THE GAME FOLLOWS A PUZZLE TRAIL, AN ACTION-BASED ROUTE, OR A DIALOGUE-CENTERED PATH. FACTOR IN THE MORE THAN 200 ROOMS TO EXPLORE, AND YOU'LL BE LOST IN THE '30S FOR HOURS. (RS 103.) JOIN THE FUN Got a new GAME IN THE WORKS? TELL US ABOUT rr. Send all the particulars to The Next Round, AmigaWorld, 80 Elm St., Peterborough, NH 03458. ¦ DRAM BLOWOUT We Beat Any Advertised Price NOBODY CHEAPER SIMMS rvs 1 MEG Simms ..... ..29.95 1x8 - 80 .... $ 31.99 1x8 - 70 .... .33,99 4x8-80 .... 109.99 4x8 - 70 .... 124.99 4x8 - 60 .... ......129.99 GVP SIM32 4 MB .. 219.99 1 MB .. ..69.95 GVP NIBBLE MODE SIMMS 4MB ..
299. 99 GVP 40ns Simms . .CALL ZIPS A3000 STATIC COLUMN ZIPS - $ 15.50 EA .32 pcs 14.95 EA 1x4 - 70 SCZ ......$ 16.50 1x4-60 SCZ 18.95 Includes Instructions PAGE ZIPS 1x4-80 .15.95 256x4 - 80 ......5.50 256x4-100 ......4.95 DIPS lxl - 100 ......$ 3.49 lxl - 80 ...3.99 lxl - 70 ...4.50 256x4- 80 ......3.99 256x4-70 .4.50 1x4-80 .17.95 1x4-70 ...19.95 256x1 - 120 ....[.00 LASER PRINTER MEMORY HP II, IID, IIP, III, HID, IIIP AND ALL PLUS SERIES BOARD WITH 2MB $ 89.95 BOARD WITH 4MB 149.95 DESKJET 256K UPGRADE 69.95 TWO BOARDS (FOR 500, SERIES) 130.00 SIMILAR SAVINGS ON PANASONIC, STAR, OKI, TI, NEC, EPSON AND OTHERS PANASONIC CITIZEN 32K BUFFER 14.95 COMMODORE CHIPS 1 MB AGNUS W PULLER & INSTR. $ 44.95 SUPER DENISE
1. 3 ROM
26. 95 CIA 8520 $ 10.95 EA. OR TWO FOR
2. 04 KIT FOR A3000 CALL A1000 1.5MG UPGRADE W.CLOCK DKB
199. 95 Memory World has always brought you the finest in SPEED & Quality, so allow us to introduce to you, Interactive Video Systems. CSA'S MEGA MIDGET RACER $ 299.95 As always, all IVS products include TC Utils. 2.0! ALL pro* ducts are 100% compatible under WB 2.0 & w rcmovable media! Meta4 1MB $ 89.00 IVS 1MB Simms 29.95 i v s Board with 68030 (FREE 68881) (clocked at 25Mhz) Memory for VXL BATT DISC BRIDGEBOARD -CALL Amiga 500 Controllers: TVS Grand Slam 500 .....$ 299 IVS Trumpcard Pro 500 ..245 IVS Trumpcard Classic 500.... 129 IVS Trumpcard 5Q0AT IDE...179 Trumpcard 500AT rated BEST BUY on the Amiga 500. (AW Feb. '92 issue) Molds up to 8 Megs of SIMMS and a fast AT IDE drive! Amiga 2000 SCSI Controllers: IVS Grand Slam ....$ 239 IVS Trumpcard Professional .....149 IVS Trumpcard Classic ....85 Grand Slam Sc Trumpcard Professional arc the World’s Fastest SCSI Controllers for Lhe Amiga computer Both controllers have returned disk speed Lransfer rates in excess of 2.1 Mbytes per second. COMING SOON! IVS "VECTOR" 68030 Accelerator Grand Slam includes SCSI- Ultimate Amiga Peripheral. SHARE Networking, Printer- Trumpcard Pro includes face Parallel Pbrt & sockets SGSI-SHARE Networking Sc for up to 8 SIMM Modules the World’s fastest SCSI for RAM Expansion! This Controller! This unit works makes Grand Slam the gTeat with any accelerator!
1) MMR 20 MHZ CPU & FPU 68882 tested & clocked at 25 MHZ $ 349.99 2630 Upgrade CSA Rocket Launcher 50Mhz $ 549.00 DKB 2632 Memory upgrade Call Excellent entry level accelerator can be upgraded by user.
2) MMR 33 MHZ CPU & FPU 68882 tested & clocked at 36 MHZ $ 449.99 Need more speed? This is it. Great board Great price.
3) MMR 38 Special for the speed demon or true professional $ 599.99 38 MHZ CPU & 50 MHZ FPU 68882 allows SERIOUS productivity. All Mega Midget Racers come with MMU only... You get more for less only at MEMORYWORLD. CSA UPGRADES 32 Bit 512K SRAM allows copying of 1.3 or 2.0 ROM into 32 bit memory: 100ns $ 99.00 70ns $ 125.00 2 MEG Board $ 269.95 4 MEG Board $ 499.95 8 MEG Board $ 629.95 EXTRA SPECIALS 68882RC FN 25Mhz $ 79.95 68882RC 33 $ 99.95 68882RC 50 $ 149.95 68882FN 33 (PLCC) $ 149.95 MEMORY WORLD 3070 Bristol Pike Plaza I, Suite 213 Bensalem, PA 19020 Attn: Amiga Dept. 10% Restocking fee non-defective items 215-244-7930 FAX 215-244-7932 Add $ 5.00 S&H Add $ 7.00 2nd Day Add $ 4.50 COD VISA MC CHECK Overnight Add $ 15,00 APO, AK,HI, Foreign shipping - Call FREE Bumper Sticker with every order_ AUTHOURIZED COMMODORE DEALER SINCE 1980 NO ONE KNOWS AMIGA BETTER ders Only USA & Canada 1 -800-258-0533 . 10am- 5pm sat SUNDAY 12- 5PM Dual ROM Board assembly Run 1.3 or 2.0 on your Amiga 500 2000 at Ihe push of a key. With ribbon cable. W 2.0 ROM S1 39 X 5 r I yMy AMIGA ) A500 ovver TURN YOUR AMIGA 500 INTO A POWERFUL AMIGA TOWER. Includes: Metal cabinet & speaker Key Jock Security. Speed LED. 250W powersuppfy 5 exposed drive bays 5 hidden drive bays Daughter board with: 4 A2000 Slots. 3 PC StolS Accelerator Slot Video Slot Kickback nkv ROM switch for 2.04 & 1.3 ROMS. Install Your 3.5’ Drive " Your Mother Boar Your Keyboard s new Eliminates interlace flicker for any Arnica Computer. Use with VGA or Multisync Monitors Novia 60i 60MB internal hard drive & interface for a your Amiga 500. F y Built in AdSpeed S669 AdlDE Kits .(Prima) Now mounl a 3.5 inch IDE harddrive internally in your Amiga 500. Includes IDE
40. Shuffle Board and mountings $ 139 tor hard drive. V w Prima S3 Above with 52HD IDE Hard Drive chonrv The ICD Advantage A dS peed 08000 at 14.3 Mhz. Best Overall performance of any accelerator in ' its price range. $ 169 AdfLLM5.4 i Add up to 4 meg of RAM internally in your Amiga
500. Fcne Keyboard Case w cord Shuffle Board Reroutes dffl; to the exter nal floppy connector. Boot from COC external floppy Toaster Compatible, ¦ All the power ol Ihe A2000 and More AdlPEJQ for 3.5" hard drives Smallest Amiga hard drive interface made for IDE (AT) drives £QQ Alpha Data 512K RAM Expander For A500: Alpha Data EXTERNAL . 880K DRIVE Y AMIGA PATIBLE Giinon CD-ROM Internal Drive $ 439 External Drive $ 579 Includes Cables and CD-FS software Requires a SCSI controller GOLDEN Arruca CofT'pa7t«* Drtv*l
- A.I.R. Drive -S79 Roctec Ultraslim - $ 89 AMIGA 500 EXPANSION SET Master3A1 N 880K AMIGA DRIVE Opto-Mechanical Mouse rftnn & 880K Drive 512K RAM Amiga Compare* MicroBotics DATAFLYER Optical Mouse = Not shown) wmmm A500 HARD DRIVES EXPAND UP TO SMB RAN W 52 MB hard drive 68030 Acceleration for A500, A2000 25MHz S329 with 68882 $ 459 40MHz S479 with 68882-. $ 649 Compatible with 1.3 & 2,04 ROMS Cordless Trackball $ 857 Cordless Mouse § Handscanner W Powerful Migraph Touch-up software Hard Drive Controller--, for 3.5' LPS Drives Up to 8MB Ram Expansi Auto booting & install SCSI, IDE or Both W 120 MB hard drive S679 A530 Turbo ALL-IN-ONE . EXPANSION FOR A500 1 4GMHz Accelerator Hard drive RAM Expansion Hard driv Budget solution for controller EXPANSION SYSTEMS SupraRAM RX r External RAM Expand your A500 to the MAX Pass* through design 7 1 MB up to 2MB 1 )evrA.SM 512K to 4MB RAM Excarder F- AMIGA 500 W S2MB HO $ 389 |J20MB HD
- - $ 529 W 52MBHD w 120MB HD SI099 GVP PC286 IBM Card S299 rc Durcnased «vm erner c: ~-e above = S329 atone) W 512K-S120. W 1MB-S145 w 2MB - SI 95, W 4MB - $ 275 Education (100’s of lilies available) A-10 Enhanced Tank Killer Agony Air Support Battle Isle Birds of Prey Black Crypt Castles Celtic Legends Civilization Drag. Lair 2 (Time Warp) Dungeon Master 2 Etvira: Mistress ol the Dark Elvira 2: Jaws of Cerberus Eye of the Beholder Eye of the Behdder 2 F15 Strike Eagie II F19 Stealtn Fighter Falcon Falcon Mission 1 or 2 Fantastic Voyage Fighter Duel (Corsa r Vs Zero) Right of the Intruder Gateway Savage Frontier God Father Greens • (Microprose Golf) Guy Spy Heart of China Hockey League Simulator
H. O.I. Jack Nicklaus Unlimited Killing Game Show Kings Quest V Leander Leisure Suit Larry 5 Lemmings Lemming s. Oh No1 Mere... Links Lord of the Rings Mig 29 Super Fulcrum Murder NAM Qrk Out of This Worid Perfect General Perfect General Data Dsk PGA Golf Pinball dreams Pools of Darkness Populous li PowerMonqer Power Monger WW1 data cask Railroad Tycoon Red Zone Secret of Monkey Island Secret of Monkey Island 2 Shadow Land S en! Service II Sim City Sim City Graphics 1 or 2 Sim City Terrain Sim Earth Space Quest IV Speedbaii 2 Strip Poker III Tengen Archade Hits Wayne Gretzky 2 Willie Beamish World Circuit Grand Pnx EUROPE’S HOTTEST 413 A-320 Air Bus Cnme City Cruise for a Corpse Deuteros Double Dragon 3 Final Fight Fire ana lee Gauntlet 3 Goblins Gods Hetmdall Life and Death Megafortress Pit Fighter Realms Robocod: James Pond 2 Rcbocop3 Smash TV Terminate* 2 The Simpsons Utopia Woff Child
W. W.F. Wrestling PAL Booter (Call lor more lilies) lAmoncan Vista ¦Barney Bear Schoo1 ¦Barney Bear Goes Camping ¦Battle Storm ¦Case of Cautious Condor | CD Remix ¦Classic Board Games ¦Defender of the Crown ¦Falcon ¦Fred Fish Collection ¦Gretzky Hockey ¦Guinness Disc ol Records Illustrated Dictionary illustrated Holy Bible KJV Illustrated Shakespeare Lemmings Mind Run Murder Makes Strange..... My Paint Power Pinball Sim City Snoopy Spirit of Excalibur Team Yankee Time Table Busmoss Time Table Science Ultimate Basketball Wrath of the Demon Xenon II CDTV Adventures in Math Algebra Algebra It Amy's Fun-2-3 Adventure Barney Bear Camping Barney Bear at the Farm Barney Bear in School Barney Bear in Space Bible Scholar Bible Reader (Internal.V.) Bible Reader(King James) Calculus Carmen San Diego Time Carmen San Diego USA Carmen San Diego World Crossword Const Kit Dinosaur Discovery Kit Discovery Math Spetling Distant Suns 3.0 Distant Suns 4.0 Katie's Farm Marks Math Lab Math Talk Math Blaster Plus Mav s Beacon Typing McGee Fun Fair My Paint 2.0 Puzzle Storybook Rhyming Notebook SpeBer Bee Talking Animator Talking Coloring Book Teachers' Toolkit Trigonometry World Atlas SHIPPING ¦ NORMALLY WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS UPS GROUND (continental US) $ 0 TO $ 99 .. 7% MIN $ 5 S100TOS199 5% MIN S7 $ 200 TO $ 499 . 4% MIN $ 10 $ 500 TO $ 799 3% MIN $ 20 $ 800- ... 2,5% MIN $ 24 2nd Day(Blue) add $ 6 to UPS Ground Next Day(Ped) add S11 to UPS Ground APO.FPO add $ 11 to Ground CANADA add $ 1 Ho Ground PR, HI. AK add $ 10 to Blue Red No surcharge for MASTERCARD, VfSA and DISCOVER. To surcharge fcrAMERICAN EXP. Pnces subject to chance without nooce Returns accepted for 10 days after date of purchase. Call for Raa before returning. Defectives replaced with same item, Jjifi Restocking fee for items returned and not exchanged for same. International Qrteri (noi apo FPO-) send copy or FAX of front & back of Charge Card w'signature. Call or FAX lor shipping quote. FAX 1 (412) 962-0279- Mailing Address: Computer Basics, Inc. 1490 N. Hermitage Rd. Hermitage, PA 16148 Orders Only USA & Canada 1 -800-258-0533 Express your love for your Amiga T-Shirts, Caps and Mugs 9-9 M - F (West Coast customers call up to 6PM PST). 10- 5 Sat. SUNDAYS 12- 24 Hour Fax line (412) 962-0279, Customer Service (412) 962-0533 A Complete Video Toaster Video Toaster $ 2099 Enhancement Options Personal TBC 11 S799 Personal V-Scope S799 Personal SFC $ 379 BCD 2000A VAC S849 DQ-TACO Si 899 AmiLinkC t (cuisonlv) $ 995 AniiLinkC l (AB Roll) $ 1495 AniiLink Toustcr Software 5150 Kitchen Sync 51599 BASIC WORKSTATION $ 3995 W 52MB IID. 7MB RAM, VIDEO TOASTER & MONITOR TsENHANCED ¦S PvSTATION $ 4495 KI 100MB HD. 2SMHZ. 7MB RAM VIDEO TOASTER & MONITOR DELUXE WORKSTATION $ 5295 W7 120MB HD. 40MHZ.9MB RAM VIDEO TOASTER. MONITOR = ftWlD) Namt yof y in AMIGA Accelerators G-Force 30 68030AH in one Ixxuxi with SCSI inicrfocc 25MHZ 25 1MB $ 679 4 ).MHz 40 4MB $ 1059 50 Ihz 50 4MB $ 1579 FjpncJaWetolftMB «f324*t RAM 4MB 32Hit extra RAM $ 299 G-Foree 40- 68040 AU in one board foryoitrA2000 33M Hz 33 4M B $ 2199 includes SCSI controller foryourA3000 28MHz 28 2MB $ 1799 AMIGA Complete Digi-ViewSystem Mediastation S399 r*u| Indudes: n I Li Digi-View I |M Gold 4.0 ( m Orgi-Paint Elan Performer . Copy Stand 1 Panasonic M10 camera video swttch ’ and all cables. Only complete system offered Digi-Vtew Mecfcastaton Stej 1410 Camera w tens S17S Copy Stand $ 62 GENmZER Electronic Drawing yr x. Tables Tor f AMIGA X Includes driver llui allows it to work with virtually all Amiga drawing programs. Event Handscanner 400DPI w Scan and Save software I Mug $ 6 T-shirts $ 8 Med. Lrg. X-Lrg p SERIES II 57 A2000 SCSI tXONTROLLER EXPANSION SYSTEMS External SCSI Hard Drive Storage DataFlyer2000 Budget hard drive solution for your A2000 SCSI Controller Aar on'y S85 All units include: Power supply, SCSI external cable. Power cable, SCSI pass thru, and Mounting hardware Closed face, single bay caw Prices for case cable PS 105 120MB 240MB S quest Floptical1 W 52 MB Quantum HDS319 W 120MB Quantum HD5479 DataFlyer RAM For DaiaFlyer2000 OK S99. 2MB $ 189. 4MB $ 279 W 52MB HD Expand up to 8MB RAN. Vvy120MB HI) $ 549 W 240MHHD Cull Single Buy npen front lor Syqucst or Floptical Drive Open Tdce, single bay case New Improved COLO S MOUSE ¦ BUTTONS Red - Btack Yellow - Black Black • Black Blue - Black Black ¦ Yellow Rod - White - Blue Other colors on special order Upright, small fool print lor single 3.51 ID Dual Buy open closed front for 2 half height HD or Syqucst. Etc Dual bay cast Opcn diwcd ftotll Four Bay open closed front for 4 half height HD's or Syqucst. Etc. (not shown) Highest resolution 320DPI
* Sujucst drive include* I cartridge
* * rioptieal drive includes 1 disk Installation - SI5 pc" drive Productivity Software Books Hardware Art & Animation Art Department Pro 2.1 S164 Deluxe Paint IV V4.1 S122 Disney Amm. Studio S79 Draw 4D Pro S199 Imagine 2.0 $ 259 Pixel 3-D 2.0 $ 75 Pro Textures $ 47 Prot. Draw 3.0 Si25 SpectracolOr $ 62 Turbo Silver 3.0 $ 59 Vista Pro 2,0 $ 59 Databases Mrcrolicbe Frier $ 62 SuporBaso Personal 2 $ 94 SuperBaso Prol. 4 $ 249 Music Bars and Pipes S99 Bars and Pipes Pro S219 Del* Music Const. Set 569 Super Jam SS9 Mullrmedia Kit S3S Music Box A S38 Music Box B 538 Tele-Communications A-Tatk III S37 Baud Bandit S3Q SupraFax Sottware 579 FINAL COPY PAGESTREAM
2. 2 Spreadsheets Ac&antage $ 125 Maxi Plan 4.0 $ 99 Professional Calc $ 189 Utilities Amiback 2.0 $ 50 Arexx $ 31 Cross DOS 5.0 $ 33 Directory Opus $ 37 DiskMaster II $ 44 Labeldox $ 47 Proiect D 2.0 $ 37 RX Tools $ 35 Quanerback5.0 $ 45 Quanerback Tools $ 53 SAS Lattica C $ 199 Visionary $ 62 Workbench Management $ 35 Video & Presentation AmigaVision $ 89 Broadcast Titler II $ 229 Broadcast Titler HiRes $ 109 Can Do 1.6 $ 85 Pro Video CG Call Pro Video Post $ 209 Sea la 2 0 Multimedia $ 250 Showmaker $ 229 TV Text Professional §99 Video Director $ 169 Word Processors & Desk Top Publishing Final Copy $ 59 Page Slream 22 $ 169 Pelican Press 562 ProWnte 3.2 556 Professional Page 3.0 S179 Proper Grammar S59 £UEQE£AfLMAflAZHA£5 AMIGA Formal w Disks $ 10 AMIGA Action w Disks $ 10
C. U. AMIGA w Disks $ 10 AMIGA Power w Disks $ 10 t for AMIGA w Disks $ 10 Prof Combo. PR0WRITE I If My AMIGA Amiga lor Beginners $ 13 Amiga Dos Quk Ref Guide $ 8 Amiga Dos Inside & Out $ 19 Amiga Basic Inside & Out $ 19 Machine Language $ 15 Graphics Inside & Out $ 26 Amiga C for Beginners $ 15 Amiga C for Acfvanced $ 26 Desktop Video Power $ 23 Best of AmigaTricks&Tips $ 23 Using Arexx $ 26 imagine Companion $ 24 ROM Kornol.Autodocs 3rd Ed $ 34 ROM KernoliDevicflS 3rd Ed, $ 26 ROM KerneFHatdware 3rd Ed $ 26 Visionary Handbook $ 22 Video Tapes Amiga Primer Animation 101 DCTV: A Guided Tour Deluxe IV Video Tape Oesktop Video Volume ¦ I
• desktop Video Volume »2 'Rjstory of the Amiga Flow to Animate Imagine: A Guided Tour Pro. Techniques w Opasnt Toaster Microwave The Newtek Video Toaster Midi's ECE Mid. M di Go'd 500 Midi Go id Insider Midi Connector w cables Phantom SMPTE MIDI Midi cable 6ft Miracle Keyboard Audio AuOiomaster 4 Audition 4 Digital Sound Studio Perfect Sound 3.1 SoundMasier Studio 16 A01012 Video Chroma Key Alter ImaqeGeniock DCTV MiniGen RocGen Plus Supe-gen Geniock Video B'ender Video Master Misc. Big Foot 200W powersup Flicker Fixer A2000 Interna! Dnve AMAX 2 PLUS £g«rmJa9,gyar?_ Joysticks. Mouses & Trackballs Shk Si* joystick $ 7 Boss Joystick 515 Tac 50 Joystick $ 17 Bat Handle Joystick 525 Jm Mouse $ 25 Qp:o-Mec hancal Mega Mouse $ 35 Optical Mouse $ 55 Bong Optical Mouse $ 94 Gi Cordless Mouse $ 75 Gl Cordless Trackball $ 85 Amtrac Trackball $ 69 Kraft Trackball $ 59 Mouse Switch (automatic) $ 29 Supra Modems 2-500 ExtorW $ 99 2403Plus Extern S139 2400Pi£Z!irBema! $ 169 FAX Modem14400 $ 309 FAX Modem 9600 $ 249 FAX Ltoaern SoNv iSfiCMAboorii $ 79 Zoom Modems 2400 Ext $ 75 SAOOwMM S&vAat* $ 145 9600 v 32 bis $ 399 Cable S10 (S5 w.mooem) PHONEPAX from gvp S429 AMIGA 500 20 includes books and work- bench disk Circle 12 on Reader Service card (taaa OnL Unheard of Low Price!! AMIGA 500 COMPUTER. Includes A500 computer with built-in keyboard and floppy disk drive, power supply, mouse, documentation, and Workbench software. Amiga 500 C10527 299 95 Special Upgrade Bundles! ! (includes Lemmings free!I AMIGA 500 BONUS PACK. Includes A50G computer PLUS TV adapter, Tetris, Carmen Sandiego. And Textcraft software. Amiga 500 Bonus Pack vv Lemmings C10204 339.95 AMIGA 500 POWER PACK. Includes all A500 Bonus Pack Items PLUS 512K memory expansion w clock and calendar. WICO joystick and typing tutor, games, and productivity software. Amiga 500 Bonus Pack w Lemmings K10575 399.95 AMIGA 500 SUPER GRAPHICS PACK. Includes all A5Q0 Power Pack items PLUS 1084S Stereo monitor. Amiga 500 Super Graphics Pack w Lemmings K10586 669.00 Computer speakers have always been a compromise. Either you had tiny, self-amplified standalones that didn't have the volume or bass response that you really wanted, or you had to connect your Amiga to a stereo amplifier system with big bookshelf or floor speakers. Using the amplifier and big speaker approach gave you pretty good sound, but had its own problems: not only did the speakers take up a lot of space, but the farther away from your computer you put them, the more separated the sound source was from the picture. It was sort of like watching TV and having voices come from the other side of the room. Now, TENEX brings you the first computer speaker system without compromises: The Altec Lansing ACS300 Multimedia Computer Speaker System. The ACS30G actually includes three speakers with built-in amplification. The two satellite speakers are compact, and can be placed on your computer desk, attached to your monitor, or even wall mounted. They’re shielded, too. To avoid any interference with your monitor's display. What really makes the ACS3000 different, though, is the compact subwoofer that can be hidden anywhere. The subwoofer adds the booming bass that makes the speaker system sound like one five times its size, and. Because your ears can't localize where the bass is coming from, you can hide the subwoofer out of sight1 When you connect your Amiga to the ACS30G, you'll find out why we think it really is Ihe ultimate speaker system for computers! ACS300 Computer Speaker System C11743 299.00 Amiga Adapter C12055 7.99 it299 for Amiga! Remote Compact Suowooler The Ultimate Speakers Sate! Ile Speakers C- Commodore! AMIGA Am Source S29Q95 1 AMIGA SYSTEM UPGRADES H
C. VFA5QO IMPACT SERI! S II HARD DRIVES A500-H08+OMB520II 93981 488 95 A500-HO6+0MB120QII Cl 0033 638 00 AEOO-HDMVB240OII C10C47 999 00 GVP 2000 IMP ACT SERIES 11 HARD CARDS A2D00-HC8+0MB. 520II 939S4 379 99 A200Q-HCS4IMS120QII C‘OC'55 5-39.00 A2W3-HC5-0MS24OOII C10066
819. 00 GVP IMPACT SERIES II HARD DRIVE HARD CARD MEMORY EXPANSION 1MByte SIMM 93893 39 99 D SEX INTERN Al. A500 I1AKD DRIVES TENEX 105MByte K e 95724 call AMIGA A590 EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE A5SO Hard Drive 84898 CALL ROCTEC 3.5 ' EXTERNAL FLOPPY DRIVE 3 5’Ewemaf Dive 85275 94 55 DATAILYLR 500 95082
139. 95 DATAFLYER 2000 99058
79. 95 SCSI HARD DRIVES. 1" High Quantum 240MB 3 5*. 16ms enve 93448 CALL Quantum 105MB 3 5* 17ms drive 97T24 CALL PATAU Y ER RAM, 2MBYTE 99080 179 95 DATAFLYEK RAM, 4MBYTE 99091 259 95 DATAFLY ER RAM. SMB ATE 99TC9
339. 95 1 MBYTE n 8 x SO SIMMs 93853
39. 99 BIGFOOT POWER SUPPLY 92 895
94. 35 SUPRADRIVE 5€OXP HARD DRIVES 52MByte with 1MB g5445
465. 00 52MBy1e w!h 2MB 96485
545. 00 i20MByte with 2MB 96643 655 00 240MByte with 2MB 96653
909. 00 SUPRADRIVE 500XT UPGRADES. 512KByte kl 97255
23. 95 2 Mbyte kit 97283
99. 95 SUPRADRIVE A2000 HARD DRIVES. 52MByte 97241
319. 95 120MByte 96694
489. 00 240MByte 96704
809. 00 WORDSYNC SCSI INTER! ACI WotdSyne interface 88673
99. 95 IDE & SCSI HARD DRIVES ¦ Western Dig. IDE 65MBYTE A59542 CALL Quantum Pro IDE 105MBYTE A96380 CALL Western Dig. IDE 212MBYTE A57546 CALL Quantum Pro SCSI S2MBYTE 97117 CALL Quantum Pro SCSI I05MBYTL 97124 CALL Quantum Pro SCSI hoMBYTE 98446 CALL I MODEMS ¦ GVP PHONE PAR MAIL Cl0989 CALL SL PRAMODEM 2400 96867 79 95 Voden Sena! Cadte A4?i47
12. 95 St 'PR XMODEM 2400- 96678 116 95 Sl PRAMODEM 24007.1 * 98688 11999 SUPRA 1 AVMODFM EXTERN At FAX'Modem. *32 9714= 239 95 FAX Modem v.32c-.5 57154 309 95 AMIGA InSU MODEM 79237 29 95 PLATINUM ONLINE 88486 39 95 1 AMIGA INPUT DEVICES _1 HI ETLE MOUSE W pAD S4Q74 34 95 IVT-ISOTAI'I BACKUP Externa! Backup 94585 699 CO Internal Backup 94572 629 00 SYQl 1ST DRIVES FOR AMIGA & MAC 44MByte Internal Dr.ve A60578 329 00 88MByte Interna! Drive A67257 499 00 44MByte External Drue A63425 42995 86VByte External Drue A67222 599 95 44MByte Cartridge A605S3 79 95 83 Mbyte Cartridge A62S72 109 95 20MBYTE FLOPTICAL DISK DRIVE interna! Flcptcsl Dnv? 9065S 499 99 External Fccica D-ve 96859 599 99 20MB>te Rep-real Diskette 98160 19 99 GRAPHICS SOFTWARE Special Publishing Bundle S219 PROFESSIONAL PAGE 5.0 PROFESSIONAL DRAW 3.0 Page3.Q Draw 3 0 Buxdle 38154 Cl 2067 Cl 2072
219. 00 AMMFONTS 3 96588
29. 55 AMMFON I S 2 96724 2995 ANIM FONTS 3 95738
29. 55 ART DEPT. FROFESSIONAI 92135
178. 95 Conversion Kt 92149
52. 95 BUSINESS CARD MAKER 31615
41. 95 COMIC SETTER B1E15
41. 95 DESIGN WORKS 94439 79 95 THE DIRECTOR V. 2.0 90147 79 95 GOLD DISK TYPE Designer Peck 90067 34 95 Decorairve Pack 90072
39. 95 HEADLINES 1 96554 44 95 HEADLINES 2 96563
42. 55 IMAGINE 2.0 90166
269. 00 INTROCAD 82109 29 95 MOVIE SETTER B1824
41. 95 OUTLINE FONTS 94390
129. 95 PACE 11 IPPEIl I X 81869 89 95 PAGE SETTER 11 79790 79 95 PAGES IRLAM 2.2 C10679 159 95 PERFORMER 2.0 90476 99 95 PIXEL 3D 94267 69 95 PROSCRIPT 3=214
32. 95 SAXON PUBLISHER 1.1 94069 169 99 SCULPT ANIMATEJR 84265 59 95 SCULPT ANIMATE 4P PRO 84375 319 95 SOFTCI.II’S Clas&c 96492 44 95 Pecpte 965C3 44 95 Coi'eciors 96513 44 95 Animal 96527 4495 SPECTRA COLOR 94607 64 95 STARFIELDS 96545 34 95 SUBHEADS 96573
42. 95 ULTRA DESIGN 88829
99. 99 VISTA PRO 94118
57. 95 California Scenery D«k 94127
48. 95 VISTA 1.2 90466
37. 95 L MA HINT PAT K 1-2-3 97513
59. 95 ZUMA FONT PACK 4-5-* 97525
59. 95 VIDEO FONTS Sans Sen! 1 96748 64 95 Sans Sent 2 96754
54. 95 Decorairve i 96765
64. 95 Decorairve 2 95776
54. 95 Ser! 1 96786 64 95 AMIGA VIDEO HARDWARE BOING* MOL'SI W PAD &4CS9 95 95 ROCTEC AMIGA MOUSE 95252
24. 99 THE W| 1 ABLET 96499 239 99 1 1 1 VIDRAW 184-Al.lGIII PIN 82037 89 95 SHARPCOLOR SCANNER 94335 54 9 00 1 HI PI El RACK I RAC KHA1 1 98994 49 95 GVP ACCELERATOR BOARDS 1 G-FORCE (DO 2’Mil 68030 ACCELERATORS Combc030-2S25 1 0 99133 649 00 Comt>c030-252S'l.52 99147 749 CO Ccmbc030-25251.120 99152 929 00 Ccm &C030-2 5 2S' l .240 99161 T07SG0 G-l ORCE 030 40MHz 68030 At CELFRATORS CombcO30-4a,4Q.4T) 99175 1049 00 Cor,t 030-4Q4a4 52 97533 1399 00 Cont 030-40.40.'4'120 97545 1499 00 ComtxOTHO 40,4240 97553
1699. CO G-FORCE 030 50.MII . 68030 YCCEI ERATORS cemtx:030-5a.5a,4t) 97568 T 559 00 Ccmt 030-5a5a4 52 97573 1769 CO Ccmt 030-50 50 4.120 97589 1889 00 Ccmfc 030-50 504240 97590 2049 00 G FORCE 040 28MHz 68040 CCEI ( R A TORS G-Foice30CO-040282 99124 1979 CO G-FORLi: AIT 1 t 1 KA FFIR RAM LPGRADFS 1MByte, 60ns SIMM Cl 0076 89 95 4MByte, 60ns SIMM CTC089 239 95 1MByte. 40ns SIMM C10O92 21995 I SUPRA MEMORY & ACCELERATORS 1 St PRARAM 50 l HX ki|Ii 1MI1 .- 500 RX w'IMByte 94016 124 95 1MByte Upgrade Kit 97312 64 55 SUPRARAM 500 K ivilli 2MByltr 5C0 RX w2VByte 94029 165 95 2MByte Upgrade Kn 97273
99. 95 SUPRARAM 21HU1 with 0 Mbyte 89043 109 95 with 2MByte 8E683 16595 with 4MByte 88691 224 95 AMIGA ENHANCED CHIP SETS FAT AGNUS. 2MBYTE Fat Agnus 63723. 2MByte 98564
79. 95 Fat Agnus 83723 VegAOrp 2000 Cl0013 289 00 FAT AGNUS, t MBYTE 96553 59 95 SUIT R DENISE 8373 98572 44 95 STANDARD CHIP SET REPLACEMENTS DENISE 83*2 98585
24. 95 PAULA 8364 93597 24 95 GARY 5719 90600 12 95 CIA 8S20A 93612 lit Or * ROM 13 38624 29 95 ADD IBM COMPATIBILITY 1 POWERPC BOARD 96620
263. 55 1*0286 MODULE for GVP 97713
319. 99 A Tone*. PC AT EMULATOR A70756
319. 00 AMIGA 320 VIDEO ADAPTER 79283 34 95 t HROMAKFY 96854 31500 DCTV 91689 399 00 MCI ATI W Ml OIASTA1 ION 97387 169 95 FLICKER-F REE VIDEO 2 94457
239. 99 IIRLCRACKFR 24 97281
819. 95 IMPACT VISION 24 Irr pad Vi$ Kfi 24 95867
1079. 00 Opt-cra' adapter 95877
49. 99 KITCHEN SYNC 94386 1595 00 Person a i me 92322 799 99 ROCGENPLUS Cl 1660 299 99 ROCKEY C116S3 34 9 00 VIDEO TOASTER 2.n Video Toaster 96598 2099 00 Instructional V deo 94693
19. 95 VIDEO BLENDER 95805 995 00 AMIGA VIDEO SOFTWARE amiga worn i> insTKi'crioNAr vmros Ho lo Animate, v 1 96608 22 95 Doskiop Video, * l 94726 22 95 Desktop Video, v 2 96610 1995 Tne Amiga Primer 94713 22 95 Amiga Graphics 94730 22 95 Ho! Red Ycur Amiga 946B2 22 95 Tne Musical Amiga 94743 22 95 Video Toaster 94693 1995 Animation Video, v. 1 94675 17 95 Animation Video, v 2 94708 19 95 Hislcry ol Ihe Amga 98741 16 95 DELUXE PAINT IV 94997 107 95 ijfluxf vim t) III 79452 99 95 HYI'ERROOK 94468 59 95 PIVMATL 82094 37 95 PRO VIDEO GOLD 88186 119 99 VIDEO TOASTER SOFTWARE UPGR ADE 10 C10139 339 00 VIDEO DIRECTOR 95170 137 95 AMIGA UTILITIES DATA STORAGE AMI-ALICNME NT SYSTEM 84084 29 95 AMI-BACK v2.0 94057 44 95 AM IG ADOS 104 A500.'A20CO 96335 89 95 A3000 97707 34 95 ASSEMPKO 83926 64 95
B. A.D 89345 29 95 IjfSK MASTER 02114 29 95 DISK MASTER 11 95936 39 95 DOST DOS 98403 31 95 flashback 52953 45 95 HOTI.INKS C10688
62. 95 1MAGEF1NDER 94257 41 95 KICKBACK Cl 1420 39 99 MAVERICK. V4 89601 32 95 AMIGA is 9 registered trademark of Commodore Amiga Inc . NOTE Due 10 putiishing lead-times, product prices and specifications are subject to change without notice ’APO. FPO, AK. HI. CN. VJ. GU. And forerqn orders are suhiect to additional shippinq charges 1-800-PROmFT-i (1-800-776-6781) lowest Price Paara ftee Save 80% on Deluxe Music Limited Supply!! IBM Compatibility for only DELUXE MUSIC CONSTRUCTION KIT. Deluxe Music Construction Kit 79419 19.95 Includes: • IBM-compatible Floppy Disk Drive
• 512K RAM
• MS-DOS software BRIDGE BOAR D. By popping the Bridgeboard into an A2000 expansion slot, you add IBM-compatible features to your Amiga while retaining all of the Amiga's advanced abilities. The board features an 8088 microprocessor. 512KByte RAM. A PC-XT BIOS, a 5.25* 360KByte floppy drive, an external floppy drive corrector, and a socket for a math coprocessor. These IBM-compatible features allow you io run thousands of MS-DOS software programs at the same time as you're running your Amiga applications. Bndgeboard XT 84706 179.99 Bridgeboard AT 84719 299.99 Run C64 Software on Your Amiga! A64 Package Thinking about upgrading to an Amiga, but don't want to give up your valuable C64 software and data? Now with the A64 emulator package from Qjestronix. You can connect your 1541 or other Commodore disk drive to your Amiga 500 or 2000 and actually run your C64 software on the Amiga! AmigaWorld called the A64 Package 'a breeze to install' and 'far more refined than its competitors.” Some software which incorporates disk ‘fast load” may not work, and the speed'of operation of some games may change depending on the speed of your Amiga. Package includes both disk software and special adapter. A 64 C10550 39.95 PAPERBOY II 36253 25 95 PJT-EIGHTLR 99001
23. 35 THE PERFECT GENER A 1 33779
36. 35 POPULOUS 86407 31 95 POPULOUS II 96271 38 35 POPULOUS WORLD EDITOR 38943 15 95 POWER MONGER: WW| 95062 19 95 PREI1ISTORIK 96243 29 95 RAILROAD TYCOON C108C6 34 95 REALMS C1091Q 26 95 RISE OE THE DRAGON 93763 36 33 ROBOCOP 3-D C10739 34 95 ROBOSPORT 98036 36 95 ROTOX 95907 29 95 SECRET Ol MONKEY ISLAND 92597
37. 95 SILENT SERVICE II 98792 37 95 SIMANT 98029 34 95 SLEEPING GODS LIE 95763
29. 99 SPACE ACL 11: Burf* Revenge 95473 36 95 SPACE WRECKED 95596 22 95 STAR CONTROL 93314
30. 35 STARE LIGHT 83117
31. 95 STARE! I CUT 2 95056 31 95 STARS EX Ct 1015 39 95 SUPER SPACE INVADERS 93995 27 95 SWAP 92611
31. 95 TFNGFN ARCADE HITS Cl 1147 26 99 THEME PARK MYSTERY 91261 14 95 THIRD REICH Cl 0765 29 35 THUNOERHAYVK 96100
30. 35 ULTIMA VI: False Prophet 36042
42. 5= VENGEANCE OE EXCALIBUR 95113
30. 55 VIKINGS C1Q700 24 95 VOLF1ED 93641 24 95 WIZARDRY: Crowders ol the Dark Savant 97823
46. 95 WOLF PACK Ci0105
14. 95 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE FAVORITE CHARACTERS THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 91324 19 95 A R ACHNOPI1081A 93893 9 99 Bil l U TED S EXCELI. ADVT. 90049
29. 95 DICK TRACY 93907 999 DUCKTALES: Qurct for Cold 91491 999 HARE RAISING HAVOC 96035 24 99 HILL STREET BILLS C10717
24. 95 HOME ALONE 95431
29. 95 [.AST NINJA 3 95330
22. 95 LEISURE SL IT LARRY 1 LOOKING FOR LOVE 95-547 36 99 1 EISURE SUIT LARRY 3; PASSIONATE PATTI 95453 36 99 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 57934 19 99
T. M.N.T. ARCADE 95604
29. 95 WHEEL OL FORTUNE 99043 24 95 MICROFICHE FILER 94095 11995 QUARTERBACK Cl0954
49. 55 RAWCOPY VIJk 87466 34 95 SAS C COMPILER 94408 199 95 VIRTU A1 REALITY STUDIO 96193 59 95 VIRUS PROTECTOR 95270 39 95 WORKBENCH MGMT. S. 2 94049 39 95 53939 31 95 97739 2353 97815 16 95 97303 16 95 98099 24 95 96CU6 24 95 95535 24 95 95785 24 95 58058 36 55 f 40 PURSUIT SIMULATOR B5555 29 55 FALCON 342 84
31. 95 Vsscn Dsk i 31356 1595 Mission C-sk II 31367 1995 FLIGHT SIMULATOR II 63764 32 99 SHUTTLE 96133 32 99 SUPER OFF ROAD 92405 1795 THE DULL. TEST DRIVE 1! 67982 32 95 EUROPEAN CHALLENGE: lESl DRIVE IE SCENERY DISK 92453 1495 CALIFORNIA CHALLENGE; TEST DRIVE I! SCENERY DISK 88003 14S5 SCENERY ANIMATOR 2.0 Cl 1461 £9 99 TRACON II 92576 29 59 JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL LINKS Pirehjrs! Country CuS Frrestoce Country Quo MlCKOLtAGUE B ASF IIAI I The MliUgerN Challenge OVLR IJIl NET! TEAM SUZUKI Til BREAK TENNIS WORLD C IRCUIT AMIGA PRODUCTIVITY advantage 94105 124 95 DISTANT SUNS 4.0 94599 49 95 ELECTRIC THESAURUS 92126 34 95 EXCELLENCE 3.0 e9330 99 99 GOLD DISK Oi l ICE 90052 119 95 THEklS ACCOUNTANT 2 0 82594 189 95 KINDWORDS 3 C1135* 74 99 MAXI PI AN 4 Cl 1379 124 99 PEN PAL 64632 85 95 PftOl LSSIONAL CALC 9655’ 189 95 PROPER GRAMMAR. 94440 57 95 PROWRITTr'' 3.2 88222 CALL PROVIDEOCG II CH39t 111 99 TEACHER S TOOLKIT 96535 34 95 WORD PERI ECT 4,1 93156 99 95 PRESENTATION SOFTWARE SC A LA VIDEO STUDIO 94033 249 95 SCALA 300 HOME TITLER 97031 11995 THE ANIMATION STUDIO 90126 74 95 SHOW MAKER 943G9 21995 AMIGA VISION 89661 99 95 AMIGA CLIPS, Vol. Usmind Effects 91951 24 95 AMIGA MUSIC AND SOUND MIRACLE PIANO TEACHING SYSTEM V ’acie S slem 99026 31999 AD1012 94803 599 03 AMAS V. 2.0 Incudes MIDI mteri&ce 86334 39 99 CD SPEAKERS 97290 34 95 Till COPY IST: APKLMICL VERSION 90568 89 95 DELUXE MUSIC 79419 19 95 DtGITAI SOUND STUDIO 97302 34 99 SOUNDSCAPE V.1.4 35341 79 95 PERFECT SOUND 3,0 85370 5995 SONIX 79560 5195 TIGER CUB 39721
74. 95 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE TOP ALL-STAR GAMES ATOMINO 99786
29. 99 AWESOME 91098 27 95 ELVIRA 91114
34. 95 EYE OF THE BEHOLDER 93799 37 95 Fht- Kll 1 INC GAME SHOW 88054 26 95 LEMMINGS 92226 27 95 OBIT US 93676 34 95 OH NO! MORE LEMMINGS 96818 29 95 Add-on disk 95636 24 95 POWERMONGER 90767 31 95 POWERMONGER Cl.L EBOOK 92557 10 95 SPEED BALL 2 95524 24 95 WONDERLAND 92375 34 99 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE SPORTS 1-D BOXING 98954
31. 95 CAI.1I OR A GAMES 81841 13 95 CARL LEWIS Cl 1065 29 99 GREENS 9806*3 41,95 HOLE-IN-ONE MINI GOLF 84483 22 95 J ACK NICKI.AUS’ UNLIMITED GOLF & COURSE DESIGN 93306
34. 95 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE ADVENTURE AD&D CHAMPIONS OF KRYNN: Dngnttlenet Eanlasv Role-Playing V.! 63379 3295 D4cl): Djik Quern of Krymi C1075! 32 95 AD&D: Pooli of BjrLitfM 95309 44 95 ADAcD: Treasures uf thr Savage Frontier CmOS 32 99 AGONY 93966 29 95 ALTERED DESTINY 95755
39. 95 AMERICAN Cl ADIATORS C’0780 24 95 AMNIOS 94659 32 95 YR.MOLR-GEDDON 93973 2999 EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE ALGEBRA I C10946 34 95 ARITHMETIC C1C934 34 95 BRIDGE S6218 24 95 DINOSAURS ARE FOREVER 83134 14 95 LINKWORD SPANISH 96237
19. 95 MAVIS BEACON TEACHES TY PING 79477
22. 95 SCRABBLE 84567 1795 STUDY WARE FOR THE SAT C10952 34 95 WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIF.GO? 85229 34 55 WHERE IN' EUROPE IS CARMEN SANDIEGG? 65173
34. 95 YVHLRE IN TIME IS CARMEN SANDIFGO? 9 IMS
34. 95 WHERE IN THE USA IS CARMEN SANDIEGO? 66677 34 95 WORI D ATLAS C10925 36 95 MULTIMEDIA SOFTWARE mirage Cl 0973 Call MULTIMEDIA fx Cl 1024
39. 95 SPECTRUM ft. VOCODER fx C11M2
33. 95 AQUAVFNTLKA Cl 1055 2999 barbarian 11 94569 29 99 BLAST II: SHADOW DEEPENS 90435 34 55 THE BIG DEAL 93934 39 95 BIRDS Ol PREY 95074 31 95 BLACK CRYPT 95253 31 95 CARTHAGE 98335 2395 CASHES 94877 34 55 CONAN THE CIMMERIAN 95244 3395 DAEMONSGATE 99037 39 95 THE DARK IIAI I Cll2’4 38 99 DEATH KNIGHTS nf KRYNN 94156 3195 ELF 96266 34 95 ELVIR A II JAWS ur CLRULKUS 95847 41 95 EYE OJ THE BEHOLDER II 96309 39.95 FANTASTIC VOYAGE 93366 27 95 FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER 95146 34 35 GATEWAY lo Ihr SAVAGE 1 RONTII R 97767 32 95 GLOBAL ELI ECT C10760 32 95 THE GODFATHER 95540 3095 GODS Cl 1159 26 99 GUY SPY 95427 29 99 HARPOON CHALLENGE PAK 95117 5795 HARPOON BATTLESET *4 95102 2795 HOVIKIORCL 92830 39 95 HUMANS C10770 26 95 Kill INC, Cl OLD 95543 14 95 KINGS QUEST IV 9546 1 34 95 KINGS QUEST V 95233 34 95 KNIGHTS of CRY'ST A 1.1 ION 96187 36.95 LEANDER 95698 29 99 LORD OF Till. RINGS. VOL. I 94921 34.95 LOST TREASURES OF INFOCON! Cl 1340 49.99 LURE OF THE TEMPTRESS 99310 39.95 MAGNETIC SCROLLS Collect. 96127 32 95 MATRIX MARAUDERS 83721 24 95 MEGAFORTRESS: El IGHTOI THE OLD DOG 95096 37 95 MIGHT & MAGIC III 96297 39 95 MILLENIUM 96050 26 95 MURDER 95913 29 95 MYTH 010005 18 95 ORK 95701 2999 OVERLORD 92381 30 95 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE STRATEGY GAMES AIR SUPPORT C11042 29 99 BATTLE CHESS 87563
29. 95 BLACKJACK ACADEMY 83027 16 95 CHIPS CHALLENGE 92E8-
29. 95 CLUE MASTER DETECTIN'L 87413
17. 95 FACES... TRIS IIA 94911
14. 99 MONOPOLY 84552
29. 95 RISK 85889
29. 95 SIMCITY 82879 32 95 SIMCITY TERRAIN EDITOR 07877 995 STIIATFGO 95650 30 95 TETRIS 83835
26. 95 TRUMP CASTLE 84 060 24 95 TRUMP CASTLE 11 96020
29. 95 Shipping, Handling Order Amount less lhan SI 9.99
5700. 00-S999.99 S1000 & Over Insurance Charge
57. 95 $ 9.95 $ 10.95
519. 95 $ 27.95 8% of Order ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE SIMULATION GAMES Cl 1092 CIVILIZATION 49 99 56800 Magnetic Drive * Mishawaka, IN 46545 * (219)259-7051 FAX (219)259-0300 * We gladly accept mail orders! * Prices and specifications subject to change. X1C Ode 77 on Reader Servme rarrl w Fvn iniTVPiv ckrvi y: tiif 4mu:a sf tp Order 15 disks and pick any 4 disks of your choice! 'Anti-Virus is always free on all orders of 20 or more disks-
* *a $ 20 value! Exclusively serving the Amiga since 1985 Public Domain Library Guarantee - We believe so strongly in our product that we offer a full lifetime. Complete satisfaction guarantee. No questions asked. We have been the official Public Domain Library of all the best Amiga magazines. Find out why these magazines choose us! Each of our disks are iam packed with only the best programs-no "one program per disk' here...compare this to our competi-1 tors-p ease! Almost all ot our software is made and written in the USA for easy compatability' with American machines. The first two letters on each disk indicate the orientation of the disk;I WB generat interest - most programs can be run from the workbench, FD games and entertainment, VO are video related programs-'utiliiies and DD advanced-requires thorough knowledge of AmigaDOS CLI. Thanks to our extensive arsenal of anti-virus software, ALL of our software is guaranteed virus free! V09: 24-Blt - Conta ns Rend?-* which allows you to proof Toaster generated 24 ton animations. A so contains uMs to convert iFF's to IBM VGA Windows readable formal Also contains latest release of JPEG>IFF converter. VOB: CompuGraphlc Fonts - Contains 2 ciiparj-style loots and 4 actual typetaces lor use with WB2.04 and it's Fountain utility. Great (or desktop publishing and or video protects. VO?: SlarTrek Ob|ects - Contains the USS Rc-flant. NCC-1701D = the Enterprise from Star Trek TNG) and a Ferengi Marauder ship Also contains a tuily detailed Porsche 911 and Apache Attack Helicopter. Imagine format. V06: Modelling Objects - Contains 20 vector objects in Imagine tormat Those are perfect (O’ use with V05 or your tavonje 30 modelling program Includes Amiga 3000 space station & many more1 V05: Modelling Vertex allows you to create 3 D objects without using the abstract X. Y ana Z views Loads Scu!pt-3D-'4D. Turbo Silver. Imagine. Lightwave. GEO anc Wavcfrom formats. MagicTween will matamorphasizo any two pictures by automatically animate the 'in-between' frames. V04: Video & Anim Video DB will catalog all oi your videotapes. Slate is a sharp graphic ol a s ate tor your productions CyroUt is splits, makes and gives into about ANIMs RTAP lets you play large ANIMs on small memory machines V03: Image Utils - let VideoTooisOnTap lot you tap into the video power of your Amiga for lades, color and greybars as well as a plethora ot other indo- spensable video functions TitteGon will do protessmnai crawling titles JPEG converts JPEG-> IFF wth amazing compression imageLab pertorms special ottects on IFFs. V02: Stillstore Used to create the 'over the shoulder" graphic inserts ala the 11 00 news V01: Graphics Picbase will let you view and track ALL oi your IFF pictures over ail of those floppies! Free paint is a Deluxe-Paint workalike Agrapn is a powerful utility to produce snazzy graphs FD82; Intrepid - In the Arctic ice. You control a Link on a mission to rescue hostages in this superbly crafted Amiga arigiona! FDB1: SuperGames • Some oi fhobest games Donkey Kong is be'ter than the original with an extra lever Frantic Freddio and TrmlBiazer are both last pased arcade games Maa Bomber is tho classic game of 'Kaboom' redone with an Amiga dare All of these games are excellent1 FD80: Technoban • It you like log c puzzles, this disk is tor you1 Create your own puzzles with the built-in editor or play the many pre-made ones. Requires Fat Agnus = tMB ol Chip memory) FD79: Addams Family Quiz - They're delightfully creepy and spooky and now they're in your Amiga! Classic digitized graphics and sound samples make this a real crowd pioaser. Wait till you "talk with Cousin lit'" FD78: Potpourri ¦ Lothian is a groat Ultima-type adventure game wth great graphics. Rocky is a remake ol tho classic Boulderdash FD77: Aicade Scries • Galaga'92 is a done ol the arcade game of the same name with several gamepfay enhancements- with smooooth. Sharp graphics, it’s better than the ongionaf! Pharaohs Curse is a done oi the original C64 classic. Diplomacy is a beautifully computerized version ot the Avalon Hill board game--conquer or be conquered! Galaga requires 68020* FD76: Catacomb is a lull graphic dungeon adventure game with beautiful graphics and a very slick sconmouse driven interlace FD75: Arcade Series Dosconder is a clone ot the classic arcade game "Tempest"; complete with vectorized graphics Tanx is the classic oattle of traiedonos and inertia between two tanks incredibly well done" Search is a maze game unlike any other included is a level editor too. (Tan* requires 1 meg chip memory-Fai Agnus) FD74; Arcade Series - RmgWar Is an Outer Limits' done with vectorized graphics MotherLode is a "Lode Runner" done with 50 levels! In BlitzTanks, they're coming at you from all directions!! Call in air strikes and use your heavy artillery to survive! FD73: Arcade Series • Inirudor Alert! Is a MULT! Level Berserk" clone Fenturos smoolh gameplay, groat graphics & digitized sound fl'x, FD72: Sword ol the Warlock - This is a demo version of a great public domain graphic dungeon adventure game The adventure spans three diskettes and allows two players to go adventuring The game has a Bards Tale' feel to it Three disk set. Counts as 2 Requires 1 meg ol RAM and 2 lloppy drives or HD. FD71A&B: Star Trek: TNG Trivia Challenge ¦ So you think you know The Nexi Generation, huh? Complete wilh fantastic samp’ed sounds and digitized images, this game oven looks and sounds like a genuine Star Trek terminal! VERY thorough and compete1 Counts as 2 disks. FD7Q; SpacoGames Contains AMIGAids. >iinally! An Asteroids game that Unbeatable Value! WB119ABCDE: Font Sot This collection contains over 100 typefaces for use with Professional Page 3.0 or PageStream 2,l+. These fonts will output to any laser printer or dot-matrix printer with no jaggies, thanks to out ine font technology. Very professional looking typefaces. 5 disk set. Counts as 4. New Disks WB120: Grinder * a complete graphics conversion package that suppods GIF’s, Jpog Atari ST (Neocnrome & Degas). PCX. Targa, TIFF. NAM E and IFF tormat pctures WBI18; Amiga Beginner - You asked tor it1 A tutorial for the beginner on usmg your Amiga! Covers the Ctl and Workbench, it's great for learning about the Amiga Also contains numerous beautiful 16-co!or icons for WB 2.0 WB117: Religion - Contains Scripture Mem (aids in memonzmg verses and passages) and in Pauls Journey, you are Paul of Tarsus exploring the Mediterranean and preaching Just as Paul did Req t MB RAM WB116: Databases • This is what you've been wading tor* Contains 5 uniquely specialized diabase programs for tracking: Videotapes. CD's. Magazine Anldes. Comte Books and Trading Cardsl WB115: Torm If you have AmigaDOS 2.04 and a modem, then this is THE program for you Term totally contorms to the User Interface Style Guide lor 2 04. Has an Aroxx port, and supports all popular file transter protocols through XPR libraries. We wish all programs were written to this caliber. WB114: Fonts 4 - Contains 36 b tmap System fonts WB113: Sid II - Why pay 40 bucks far a directory utility, when this one wif! Do H all plus much more! A truly pro;essional-caiiber program. Sid 1 was Our best, now completely rewritten. Sid 2 writ undoubtedly astound you. WB112: ProductivityBusiness • Stock Analysis allows automated downloading ol stock data with full analysis capabilities (requires modem). SubStoro will altow you to log magazines and articles with full search scan-punt capabilities WB111: Cellular Automa Straght from the pages of the January 1990 issue ot Scientific American, this electronic model will allow you to simulate cellular circuits. WB110: Electronic Baby Book Immoriatize your children on your Amiga! Tracks everything about your newborn first steps, words, tooth, birthdays. X-mas. Friends, etc even space for a digitized photo! WB1Q9: VerscWlso Display, search and output The New Testament to toxt files or your printer. OD86: The Programmer ¦ Includes GadToois and REQTools which will allow you to create your user interfaces and then the program will automatically generate "C* source code or Assembly code -sav ng you countless hours ol work! Requires, and writes code tor. AmigaDOS2 04 DD85: AnalytlRIM Tis incredible program is a combination ot a powerful spreadsheet and a Relational Inlormation Manager (database) Not for the taint of head, this is a heavy-duty package1 Req 1 MB RAM. DD84; Proteus BBS - This disk contains the full blown version ot the Proteus BBS software Totally configurable & ultimately powerful. Requires a hard drive. Arexx and at least a meg of memory. DD83: IBM Not one, but TWO IBM emulators fhai will alow tho running ol MS-DOS software with Amiga programs!!’ Comes complete with programs to turn your Amiga floppy rives into 720K IBM compalable drives. DD82: Unix Conlains a w kmg demo of Mini* - a Unix workalike Mimx is system call compatabie with V7 of Unix. Takes advantage of me Amiga totally configurable with great sound and grpahics. In Cosmostruction tho object ol the game is for each Cosmostruction team to acquire the most points while construction energy ducts between the space station ard planetoids F069: MindGames - Had enough cl shoot-em up games9 Relax and let these 21 games exercise your mmd instead ot your wr.st FD6B: Potpourri Eternal Rome is a strategic simulation of the Roman Empire inducing military, d.plomatic. political, economic and social factors. Lord of Hosts is a board strategy game for 2 players. In Moonshine, you've got to get the hootch across the state line a great rolling, scrolling driving game1 FD67: Arcade • Includes Llamatroi a well done Robotrcr done. Hate s a 'Jerrilic* commercial grade Zaxxon clone with multiple evelsrworlds and Smoolh diagonal Scrolling a 10* FD64: Games - Wizzy s Quest • a ‘great' 50 level game with groat graph cs. Cubus - a 3 dimensional Tetris type game (rotate and move rn 3 d mansions) Hu5ker Du - Colors and pattern rather than shape in this Tetns esque game 5 screens and 3 levels ol difficulty Requires Fat Agnus (t Meg o! Chip) FD62: PomPom Gunner. An extremely smooth and well done World War ll gunner simulation. Requires 1 megabyte of memory. Special Product! QT1: The AG4 Package - A very complete Commodore 64 emulator. Supports any CPU and is fully compalable with WB1.3 & 2.0. This version includes a special adaptor that will allow you to connect your 64's 1541 disk drive to your parallel port of your Amiga for total emulation. Two disk set. Counts as two. Special price $ 49.95 - including hardware. Fun Disks FD5: Tactical Games BullRun - a Civil war battle game, Metro you play tho role ot a city planner. Build wisely and your system will be a success, but poor ilanning will lead lo disaster and Imandal ruin. Very very habit lorminr FD6: GAMES! - This dsk is chock full of games including; Checkers, Clue, God A new side the pieces puzzle, Jeopard An ennancec version of Risk. RushHour Surpns ngly addicting, anc SpaceWar Best desenbed as a cross between Combat Tanks and asterods. FD7: Pacman - This dsk contains several pacman type games including: PacMan87, MazMan and Zonix. FD9: Moria This nas great graphic controls, multiple spells, similar to Lam and Hack. Play time several weeks1 FD10: HackLite A dungeon adventure game Considered a must-have classic. This is the second release of this game on the Amiga. Great graphic interface Piay time several weeks1 FD11: Las Vegas and Card Games Las Vegas Craps The best Las Vegas Craps simulation every written for any computer. Contains extensive HELP features. Also Thirty One.VdeoPoker and more. FQ12A.FD12B: Star Trek, The Game • This s by far the best Star Trek game ever wntten for ary computer. It features mouse control good graphics. Digitized sound effects anc great gamepiay. Counts as 2 disks Req. 1Mb and two drives (or he). FD13: Board Games - contains multiplayer Monopoly. Dominoes. Paranoids, and others. FD14: Dungeon Master Hints and Arcade Games DM maps, spells, item bcaton. And hints and more, also on ths d'Sk. Hbail - an arkano dbreakout type game, Tnx - a Qi« type clone FD17; Educational Games - This disk includes several games for the younger members including geography, math, soence. And word games, also includes Wheel of Fcrture. FD20: Tactical Games - MecnForce(3.72); A game that simulates comoat between two or more giant, rooot-fike machines. Simple words can't begin to give you the feel of piloting a 30 - 40 fCOI tall, fire breathing earth shaking colossus that obeys your every whim FD26:Arcade Games Marde_siide is a commercial quality game similar to a Lucas game named FipeDreams. Exce'ienf playability and entertainment Mutants a small version of the same arcade game SuperBreakout is a Pong Arkarcids type game FD27: Arcade Games This disk is loaded with seme great games. Incudes. Raceorama a great racing car game with ten dfferent courses. MiniBJast a helicopter gunship type clone. Shark in the same class as froger. And Sbreakout the original breakout with more. FD29: Shoot'em up's VYWII - you're the pilot o‘ a WV7II plane flying through enemy territory, you've just been sported, good luck on you mission. SoK.ller - try and penetrate enemy lines with this game, aid Retaliator - another great game. FQ31: Games! - Air Traffic Control - a good ATC Simulation Black Jack Lab ¦ a lull featured set Of card games. ChessTel ¦ play chess with your friend in distant and remote places with this game and a modem, labyrnth - a well done text adventure game (like an intocom game), and MouseTrap ¦ a 3d maze game, FD32: Flight Simulator - An instrument fight simulator for a DC10. FD33: Arcade Games Ffreddy a Mario Brothers type of game. Gerbils a targe! Practice game. PipeLme a German interpretation of P oe Dreams, Tron a 1 ght cycles version, and Wetro ds a wonderful version ot asteroids with a hilarious twsst FD35: Omega (v 1.3) A new outstanding dungeon and outdoors adventure game in a similar vein as hack, rouge, and mora Tnis version is consider ably faster and better that all previous versions. Play lime several weeks FD37A&B:Tactical Games Empire [2 2w) This greal game comes hghly recommended. With a fui! Graphic front end FD38: Games - Cnbbage Master - A great cri&bage game and tutor. Spades
- a well done card came. ChineseCiieckers - A computer version of this classic. Puzz - a slide piece puzzle game and construction set FD39A&B: Star Trek. The New Generation This is a. completely different version of Sfar Trek lhan that lound on FD12. This ore was created by the German author Tobias. Now wilh English instructions. Excellent!!1 Counts as two disks. Requires 512k FD44: Game Mechlqht is an out of thus world role playmg adventure com parable to hack and moria. The seiting. Interplanetary colonies anc space stations. In your quest to explore the world, take time out to liberate Dad guys ot their most valuable possessions, engage in 2 mortal combat or two against robots and alien life forms, pick up a new Amiga 9000. Most of ali. Oon't forge: to stay alive. . FD49:Chaos Cheats - This disk contains an everything you wanted to know about cheat set for Chaos Strikes Back, including lull maps, spells, ooject locations. Super characters and more. FD50: Submarine Game ¦ Sealance. One and a hall years in the making, this is an outstanding submarine tactical game Commercial quality, highly recommended FD52: Classics Games PetersQuest a well done Mario brothers type of game, Jymbc a two player missile command dene, and Vstank a Tank commander game. FD53: Great Arcade - On this dsk is a wonderful implementation of the ever popular classic arcade game Defender Also contain Air Race a WWII flying ace arcade game, and Psycoblast new creation idea game. FD56: Arcade - Includes SpaceVVar. HueyRad is a well done helicopter arcade game. PoworPong's a great expanded pong game FD57: Arcade Games - Includes 2 truly commercial quality games MegaBall. An Arkanoid-sh game, features 5 musical scores, multiple levels and addicting gameplay. Gravity Attack is a psychadehc tnp through several different worlds each d stinctly different. FD58: GAMES! - Includes Stemschlag; a great Tetris clone from Germany with music Scomoat: simulate battle between up to 40 players & monsters, impenum Romanum: Battle up to 4 players for control of the Mediterranean m this Risk-esque game FD59: Game Potpourri - Xenon III is an almost exact clone of the commercial game ot the same name a great shootemup Crossword will take ksts at words & automatically generate word search puzzles lor any Epson compat able printer FD60: Games In Nebula, race over a 3d world to destroy enemy installa-
• ions. Intederon; a great Dr Marib Cione. Enigma; is it a gameor a puzzle9 FD61: Games - Solitaire; great graphics, plays two versions Kide: an interesting piece of eye cancy. Extreme Violence: 2jpiayer kill or bekiiied game. YATC: A Tetns clone w th Artiflcal Intelligence Genesis: create realist c 3d Lact.ii world:', W84:Telecommumnication • This disk contains several excellent pd communication programs designed to get you on line quickly and easily. Access
(1. 42) ¦ A very nice ANSI term program. Comm (1-34) - Latest version ot one of the best public domain communications programs ever made on the Amiga, Handshake (2.12a) Handshake is a Full featured VT52 100hi02 220 WB5: Fonts 41- Several fonts (35) for tne Amiga, also included are five PageStream fonts.and ShowFont - a font display program. WB6: Fonts 2 - ShowFoni(4.0) This program allows you to quickly and painlessly view all 255 characters in a typical font. Large AmlgaDos system fqnts (many up to 56pts). WB7: Clip Art - This disk is loaded with black and white clip art. Art includes, trees, watches, tools, US and State maps, and mote. WB9: Icons - Truly a multitude ot various types and kinds Also includes icpnMiester. IconLab, and others great utilities to help generate icons. WB10: Virus Killers - The latest and best VirusX(40). Kv(2.i), and ZeroVirus III WB11: Business - Clerk(4.0). finally a full featured business accounting PD program lor the small to medium company. Incudes receivables, payables, end at month and uch mare. Workbench Disks ¦ ' _ __ * _i_,. - _ __ . Please send me the following disks: Enter disk ID (Example: DD79, FD57, WB105) ea. = S
3. 00 CC _ Signature Name_ Address _ City_ Phone Exp j Payment enclosed Please charge my. J Visa J Mastercard ] Discover .ST. .Zip DevWare, 12520 Kirkham Court, Suite 1-AW31, Poway, CA 92064 Orders Only Please! (800) 879-0759 Support (619) 679-2825 ' Fax (619) 679-2887 type programs for generating stunrvng graohcs Includes, MandelMountgins a realistic terrain generator. Fracgen • generated recursive fractals from user input, Mandelpro: and Tmandei - two fast mandelprot generators, also Mostra the best IFF display program to date, will drspfey AIL iFF's including Dynamic HAM, and Sound ¦ a great IFF sourd player, will p'ay anything WB33:Clrcuit Board Design - several terrific routines lor the electron c enthusiast. Including PCBtool • a circus beard design tool. Log cLab • circuit logc tester, and Mead (1.26) a well donu new release ol this PD CAD pro gram, now cpmes with predrawn common circuit components tor insertion mto schematics WB34: utilities - Several well done utilities, some wi(! Require moderate knowledge ol a CLI or Shell tor setup. Chatter Box - ttus one will play any user defined sound after any event fie. Disk insert, mouse dick, csk removal...).. Anm ¦ The Amiga real time monitor, gives you full control Of the Amiga OS. Very powerful p-'ogram. Helper ¦ help program to make learning the CLI easier, and more! WB35: 3D Graphics Trus drsx contains sevwa neat programs to use with your 3d modeling raytractng program* 3dFonts - Full vector font set for use with 3d programs. FontMaker ¦ make 3d fonts from any system rant, Make3DShape • create 30 shapes from any image, DurrptolFF create 3d animations preserves pallet, and WortdSo • a demo program ol a front end for uso with OKBRonaer. WB36: Graphics ¦ On !his disk are s e.-ai programs to create stunn ng graphical images including. Mpath - creates sw>i r,g galaxy images, Roses - produce an unlimited number of variations ot images that a symmetrically simitar to a rose. SimGen • d splay those spectacular images as part ol your workbenck screen, end RayShade a very good raytraong program, create your own beautiful 3d graphic models with this ore! WB37: Educational Educational games and puzzles that cover math, geography, spelling, and books. Ages 6-15 WB38: Plotting and Graphics Plotxy is the nos! Powerful full featured plotting package. Used by many colleges and universities A welcome addition to our library' High y recommended Plans • 3 incredibly well dene Computer Aided Drafting program, very lull featured. Tesseiator * a program that helps generates fantastic looking, recursive M C. Ecsher type pic lures WB40: Music "CO on a disk", 90 minutes of modern music on this wel presented collection, Requires 2 drives or HD VVB41: Music MED an incredibly well done, lull featured music editor Create your own stunning music directly on your the Amiga. Similar to SoundTracker but better. Very powerful easy to use program Version 3-20. Which is compatable with WB2.QA. WB43; Business - This disk contains AnalytiCak: • probably the most powerful spreadsheet program on the Amiga A lull featured spreadsheet with many features expected in a commercial package. Requires 1.2 MB of nomory' WB46: Clip Art HighRes clip art with the following motifs ¦ embellish merits (borders, dodads people, and transportation YVB47: Clip Art HighRus clip art with the lollowmg motifs - hair, drafting, summer, animals and macfood WB48: Clip Art HighRes clip art with the following motifs ¦ Holidays, nusic, medical, and mi$ c. WB49ABC : Animation Sampler ¦ On this three disk sampler set (counts as
f. vo disks) are some of the best animations that have been created over the last three years. Several examples ol ‘Movie" type animations some with spectacular rayiraccd reality (coolroby. Watch, spgot and egg) Also several european stylo or "Demo" animation with incredible graphics and outstanding electronic music (akri ight, copursme, doc. Dps20l0, impact, and logodo mo), These truly show off the creative edge of an Amiga1 WB5Q: Animation Seven of the best european style animations or 'Demos", including • scienptic 451. Subway (a U.S. entrant, also our lavonte), Sunndo. Thrstdemo, tnight, waves, and woow. WB53: Graphics ¦ Raytracing programs generate absolutely stunning realistic looking planes, rockets, buildings..,, and surreal images often consisting cf highly polished spheres and objects C-Light is the most powerful EASY- TO-USE ot it's kind wo have seen to date. This is easily better, and more full featured, than similar commercial programs costing in the hundreds ol dollars. Also. Smovio ¦ a full loaturod video text titler similar to ProVidoo, Broadcast Titler, Great video scrolling, wipes, special effects, and more V B54: Printing This disk contains several routines to help with the chore of printing. Includes Goth c Finally a Banner printer lor the PD1 PrintStudio ¦a well implemented all-pjrpose printer-utility with a very comfortable graphic interlace and many advanced features. Lila - with ease, print ASCII tiles to a PostScript printer, and many more. V B55: Application - xCopyllf • a lull featured disk cod er. Make backups ol copy protected disks. RoadRoule ¦ find the quickest routo trom one city to another, highway description included Diary • a diary program like "Dougy W012: Disk Utilities - This great disk is loaded with wondorlul utilities to-' everything including making disk labels, disk cataloging, disk optimizing, disk and tile recovery archive and organizing, and all sons ct tile manipula tion A must have1 WB13: Printer Drivers and Generator • over 70 drfferent drivers, and it these don't do It. With PrtDrvGen you can make your own. WB15: Business • This disk contains a spreadsheet, a database, a project time management program and financial analysis (stocks) WB16: Business This disk contains an inventory manager, a loan analysis program, a great caiendanschtxfuter. A roiode* program, and pennywiso a good Cash Book' accounting tor home or olfico WB18: Word Text Processors ¦ This disk contains the best editors includes.TextPius (v2 2e) a full featured word processor. Omo(vi.35) a great programmers edtor with strong macro loatufes.ToxED(v2 8} an enhanced Emacs type editor, and a spell checker. WB22: Fonts *3 Several more great fonts. These, like the other lont disks work great with Dpaint and WYSIWYG word processors WB23: Graphics and Plotting Plot 20b) a three dimens onal mathematical function plotter. Can plot any user dot red function, BezSurf2 - produce awesome pictures ol objects one cou'd turn on a lathe, Can also map iff image tiles onto any surface that it can craw Now compatible with most 3D packages and Vscreer • makes a virtual screen anywhere, great tor DTP' WB2S.Educational On this d sk are two programs that can generate maps of d tlenng types, World Data Base uses the ClA s data base to generate detailed maps of any entered user global coordinates Also Paradox a groat demonstration of Albert Einstein General Theory of Relativity WB26: Disk Utilities 2 - Mr0achup. KwckBackup two wel done utilities to do harddisk and tioppy disk backups. Fifel ast ¦ a D nary tile editor. Labeiprintor - Disk label printer with very powerful features. WB27: NageS - 26 Patrick Nagel pictures ol beautiful women WB29: Graphics and Sound This d sk has several different Mandelbrot KAO 3'Blank Diskettes DSDD 10 Tor $ 9.20 (.92 cents ca) 25 for $ 21.25 (.85 cents ea) 50 for $ 38.50 (-77 cents ea) 100 for $ 72.00 (.72 cents ea) No shipping charge cm USA blank disk order*. Canada and Mexico add S-15 each, other foreign add S.50 each. Howard M D", Cal ¦ a calendar program. Magman - a database tailored to mamtam records on abides and publications. W857: Animation This disk nas several 'Demo' style animations. Including. Blitter. Lolly. Sun5, vertigo, vortex, and xenmorpn. V B61: Intermediate Ullllttes ¦ Includes programs to help to drasticaiy decrease Acker in interlace and hi res modes (antiflick), an Atari-st emulator. An eorom programmer, turn your amiga into an eight channel digital data analyzer o' ocilloscope. And more. WB62: Midi Utilities Several useful midi utilities including orograms to transfer to and trom several music programs to midi a rmdi sysex handler, a midi recorder wrth timebase, display mdi into, file sequence player, and a few scores WB63: Disk Utilities »3 - Several highly recommended programs to 3d m removing duplicate files from your hard drive, performing tife backups Binary editing, fes! Formating, file recovery, disk track recovery, and fO'CCC DISK VALIDATION of corrupt d sks WB66: Icons A2 Let’s of neat icons. Also, several wonderful p'ogrems that to let you create your own icons, modify and manipulate iccns and info structures WB68;Music Utilities several good utilities for the Amiga music enthusiast includes. Noisetracker - a great music creation program. Sonix2MOD ¦ converts sonix to mod files which then can bo used by noisotracker, sound- traker. And MED. SpoakorSim ¦ a speaker design tool demo. Wonder sound is an additive harmonic instrument design tool with a separate envelope des-gn window and 16 relative harmonic strength and phase angle controls WB69: Music - This d sk has over 90 minutes ol class cal and modern electronic muS'C for you Amga. WB7Q; Desk Top Pub ¦ Atop ¦ transfer Macintosh screen fonts, Mac or IBM format AFM metric files, to Arnica screen fonts and Ppage metric fries With thi$ program, open the door To the libraries of Adobe and PostScript fonts' Calendar - month templates in PageStream torm Post ¦ a full featured postscript tile display and print utility. VVB75; Music - over 100 instruments filos (.inst) and sample sound tiles ( ss) for your music programs. WB76; Applications ¦ This dsk contains Shchery a often requested knitting design program. Lotto ¦ a rather complete lottery tracking and predict on utility. SSS - this screen capture program can grao almost any screen including games. Today - a personal calender, Taro: - fortune teller, ana Grammar • grammar checker. WB79: Home & Business Accounting Includes Ckoacct ¦ tne most complete checkbook accounting program going. LCDCaic - this well dene calculator has a very large display and operates from the keyboard or mouse. Mileage maste- • monitor your automobile mileage with this mileage log. Grammar ¦ a grammar checker, and WcrkJhme - find out what lime it is in up to 50 global cities. WBQl; Great Applications • DataEasy a very easy to use. Database program Don't let the ease of use fool you. This is a very full featured database program including fed printer control 'or address labels and mail merge applications. Also includes. TypeTut a coed typing tutor. RLC a full featured label printer. Banner, a multi-font banner maker, and Budget a home accounting m a program. Highfy recommended. WB82: Animations Four full length, well done "movie" style animaitonft Including, Coyote, Jugg'erll. GhostPool & Mecnanlx 2 dsks counts as t WBB3: Computer Art this dsk has some ol the best Amiga generated computer nd that we have collected in the past 5 years. WB95: Graphics Contains several programs for manipulating 24 Bit color images (ham-e) and a ratifer nice lit image processing package. WB86: Centurian Press - An electronic newspaper - requires Am gaVision. WB88ABC: The Complete Bible - A three disk set. With tne ert re text of the New Testament and Old Testament-Kmg James version. A great utifity. Three otsk set counts as three. WB90: Rippers, Strippers and Boats For the Amiga music enthusiast this disk contains many programs desgned strip music from your favorite games and programs Also contains Drums, a very nice drum machine. This disk roqu res some knowledge of the CLI VVB93: Workbench Extras 42 Tn s disk contains the utilities that Commodore should have shipped with the Amga; VirusX4.0, Snap. Fix Disk (recover corrupt-deleted files). Disk Optimizer (floppy & hard). Machlll (screen blanker, hotkey, mouse acceL macro, clock utility), GOMF (a gunj- buster)and PrintStudkj. WB95: Checkbook Accountant 2.1 - This is definitely commercial grade: we've seen many checkbook programs and this is absolutely the besf. Full budgeting, transaction recording and report generation WB96; Dupors - Contains Xcopylil & Nib which wilt backup copy protected programs. FreeCopy removes copy protection trom several programs, and SuperDuper will crarrc-oul last AmigaDOS copies. WB9B: Business - Includes Bbasoll a n ee powerful database QtzCaic a personal or mortgage loan calculator with amortization capabilities, Loop a flowchart maker. Formmaker - design professional forms on you- Epson 10- 2500 compatible printer. WB99: Lifestyles - Includes Agene family tree program that tracks up to 600 peopte maniages'etc. Landscape is a CAD program to create gardonsAarxjscapes. Loom simulates an 8 harness fcom; expgnmenl with pattern design in an instant feedback environment. WB10t: Chemasthetlcs is a program that displays moteculos as a calotte model This kind of display contains a certain esthetic attitude, even extremely poisonous molecules tike nicotine and diox me look quite nice. WB102: Telecommunications - Contains the programs Ncomm 2.0 and VT100 298. Zmodem protocols. XPR protocol support, lull VT10O emulation. Ncomm's scop! Language is so powerful it comes with a script fife that creates a full-featured BBS system WB103: Music - Contains 12 "great" SoundtrackemMED music MOQules...complete with programmab e shuftfe player. 8 bit audio never sounded so hot’ Two disk sot counts as two WB104: Grab Bag OKA Trivia [requires AmigaVision) is a trivia game for t 2 players...add your own questions to customize the diflculty level! Sysmfo is great lor telling you hew tastslow your computer is. What boards are installed, ch pse'.s, etc. AmiGazer will plot stars in the heaven from any DD45: AREXX Programs - This cisk contains several useful arexx programs and examples, PopCLM • The latest ol a must have utility. D047: Pascal - This disk contains everything needed to program m Pascal Includes, A68k (t 2) 68000 assembler. Blink Inking software and PCG (1.0) a modest Pascal sub set compiler. DD49: C Compiler contains zcfl.01) ful'y KSR. Zcc(t.O) front end, A68k('.2) assembler, Si nk Snfcer. DD5G: Arexx 2 - a must have set of tutorials on Arexx and several useful examples and utilities lor Arexx development DD51: Circuit Analysis - Aspice (2 3) A full featured program for electric circuit analysis DD52: Scientific • Includes Elements ¦ an incredibly we l done periodic table program with source. Scientific plotting ¦ over 600k ot Lattice C source routines that can be included in your own programs DD54: Compression • This disk is loaded with all ol ne best file compression programs ard aids tor the- Amiga Many of tne programs can be used by the new user. Inc'udes Arc. Lharc. Lhwarp. Pkax. BowerPacker a must have by ail, Zip. Warp, and Zoo. A so IFFcfunch an excellent compression for IFF files. DD55: ARP - On this disk you will find the complete ArpRel3 0 release including the lull user docs the lull Developers gu de. ARP is the official AmigaDOS Resource Project (ARPi retease 1-3, ARP makes many Improvements to AmigaDOS and makes your CLI more powerful. DD57: Advanced Utilities - Msh • tiko Cross-dos, copies (ilos to and from MS-DOS. Pai-NTSC convert any pal program to NTSC and wee versa, Also several boasts for your startup-sequence. Plus 25 more programs. DD62: Basic and Xscheme Cursor - a full featured Amiga Basic compiler, soasic and ftext - several wonderful routines to help in basic programers. And Xscheme an interpreted object oriented language 0066; Programming ToolBox - Many programs to help in your development efforts (mas. For C some For basic) Includes programs to generate requesters, an Incredible spritHmaker toolbox, to great y aid compiling, convert Dpain.t brushes to C structures, a great library manager, and many more wondertul time savers! DD69:Advanced Utilities - SerNei and ParNet • Connect two Amiga's and share resources. MemMonitor • Similar to Wfrag but greatly improved. Selector - put menus on your workbench screen, and more. DD71A&B:C Compiler - This disk contains DICE, Matthew Diilon's full featured, powerful C compiler and environment system. 2 Disks, counts as 2. DD77: Fortran Contains a fjll featured Fortran77 development system. Also contains EzAsm a strongly macro dependent 68000 assembler, DD79abcd: Amiga ,!C" Tutorial - This is the most comprehensive C language Amiga orientod--set of tutorials available. Includes full working examples, source code and an incredible set ot lessons Included are full discussions and examples lor Amiga programming 4 disk set. Counts as 3. Dealer inquiries and submissions welcome. , WBI05A&B: Workbench 2.0 Extras 2 , Ithis set contain* the program* that should have been included with WB10. I
• These powerful utilities lake full advantage of ihe many new capabilities! J that are available in Workbench 2.0. J I Tool Manager - a wonderful utility to add programs to your TOOL mcnu,| I create a collection of icons on the workbench to easily launch frequently | I used programs and much more! A (rnr must have utility! !!~.4if of our I
• Amiga* rely on this utility. (See the review in AmigaWorld-May'92)l J Virus Checker - Full virus protection can he yours by simply dropping thLsj I icon in your WBStartnp drawer. , j Degradvr • gives you Uxils lu try to make niwi-2.0 happy programs work!) I Icon - Enhance Workbench's "Show All" to display over -id distinct icons I
• for different types of files (text. IFFs. Source codes, libraries etc)! | Font Editor - Creaie edit bitmap fonts with full color support!j j Screen Biankers - ala fractals and spliners and swarming bees! No mort| jbormg black screen. Colorful, interesting and highly hypnotic effects!j I Requester Enhancers - no more stale "Please Insert Volume- requesters-1
• these are animated requesters for all of the system's requesters.! |CPUBUl - speeds up text displays for owner* of 68020+ CPU's.j IsureRfboot . Add*, j safe way to reboot your computer...can greatly reduce | (disk validation errors! | I TWO DISK SET, COUNTS AS TWO I I I position on earth complete with magnitudes and constellation identification. WB105: Home Manager - This is a great all-in-one acdress cook with an autodiaier,'notepad to-do list appointment scheduler home inventory database and phone number daler. WB107A&B: Educational - Drawmap is a program that generates representations such as hemisphencal views, and orbital views ot the Earth's surface. Complete with national boundaries Screens can be printed or saved to disk as standard IFF Ides Full user-configurable online help facility. 6802Qr version included. 2 disk set, counts as 1! WB108: OctaMED This breakthrough program doubles your Amiga's sound capabil ties from 4 channels to an ear-popping 8 channels! All the renounc editing capabilities pi MED plus 4 more channels! If you thought Jour Am=ga sounded good before...you atra heard nuthin' yet! It's Here and in Stock!! Release 2.04 of AmigaDOS tor the A500 A2000!!! Includes ROMs, disks and full documentation. Requires installation. S99 While reppiici Uk Dev Disks Total disks Disk based catalog ($ 2.50) = $ . (Catalog disk comes with .i coupon for a free di&k with vour next order) Anti-Virus ($ 19.95) = $ _ KAO Blank Disks _= $ _ CA Residents add 7.75% sales tax = $ _ Foreign Shipping = $ _ Handling = $ Total Due = S Following day shipping in most cases, No shipping charges within USA. Canada add S.25 each. Foreign add $ 50 per disk lor .sir m.ul delivery. Payment in US funds only. A minimum of 520,00 required on nil credit card orders. Get Animated! Learn From the Experts Now you can learn all about the latest in animation software! With How To ANIMATE, PART 1, you’ll discover the amazing software programs available to help you animate just like the Pros! 60 min. $ 29.95. Order your copy today! AWTMHTA1 Also Available Animation I The original Amiga- World Animation Video. 48 minutes that will fascinate, entertain and inspire viewers as it demonstrates the amazing capabilities of Amiga animation. Each animation is prefaced by the artist’s name and the animation products used. Experiment and explore the possibilities yourself. $ 19.95 AWTMAV1 History of the Amiga An intriguing, fun-filled look at the history of the Amiga computer. Meet the people, view the products and visit the places that helped to make the Commodore Amiga and Amiga user unique in the history of computing and animation. $ 19.95 Animation ii AmigaWorld editors do it again! 90 minutes of exciting, innovative animations using programs such as Sculpt-Animate 4D, Lightwave 3D. TurboSilver, Imagine and DeluxePaint III. You’ll be thoroughly entertained as you absorb new animation techniques and ideas. $ 24.95 AWTMAV2 The Mind’s Eye A compelling look at the creation of the universe utilizing the talents of the world’s top computer animation artists with music composed by James Reynolds. 40 minutes of powerful imagery from over 300 of the leading talents in the field, $ 19.95 AWTMME DeluxePaint IV Video Guide In easy to follow, step by step fashion you’ll explore many of ?Paint’s features to fulfill your graph ics and animation needs. Includes the new Menu Structure, Metamorphosis, HAM color mode, the new Gradients and Cycle requesters, the advanced pailette mixer and much more! $ 24.95 awtmdpi Advanced Techniques With DeluxePaint IV Learn tips and tricks for combining Dpaint’s different tools to achieve spectacular effects with professional results. Create 3D text, drop shadows, textures, cycle color animation, professional titling technique and more. $ 24.95 AWTMDP2 Call toll free 1-800-824-5499 or see your local Amiga dealer for these videos. For Customer Service or Foreign Orders please call 410-546-0180 between 8 AM - 6 PM EDT. 6K2GV Add $ 2.95 per video lor shipping and handling. California & Maryland orders add appropriate tax Make check or money order payable to: Tech Med la Video, PO Box 2151, Salisbury, MD 21802 Available in VHS. Some titles available in PAL Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. TechMedia is the licensed North American distributor of AmigaWorld Videos. Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore-Amiga Inc. DeluxePaint IV is a registered trademark of Electronic Arts. DeluxePaint IV Video Guide and Advanced Techniques with Oeluxe- Paint IV are products of Saddleback Graphics. The Mind's Eye is a registered trademark ol Miramar. TechMedia 'video Video Toaster Solutions Video Toaster, CBMA2000, 1084s Monitor Hard Drive, '*¦ Video ’ Toaster, A3000, 1084 cV 1960 Monitors, Hard Drive, Memory , Memory Vbrwall ViDEO 1-800-766-57 7 Desktop Video Solutions We Specialize in "Solutions" Please call us! Add a Tower to your A2000 Toaster Solution for Onlv $ 399 Our Solutions are Ah Fresh. Fully-Installed Caligari The leading real-time 3D modeler, anirnaior and V Tenderer, Chose Caligari Broadcast or Caligari2 lo fit your needs and budget. This ad was created entirely with Amiga computers and peripherals. Any Visa or MastciCard accepted with NO surcharge. Hardware si continental USA. All orders over $ 300 are insured at the customer Ad prices are subject to change without notice u* anywhere FEDERAL EXPRESS Charges for all orders under 20 pounds; 2nd Day £jc| anti Overseas customers are shipped DHL. Call for rates ManufacturersVDistributors’ Addresses Allen Avionics 224 E. Second St. Mineola, NY 11501 516 248*8080 Amazing Computers 1441 F., Fletcher Ave., Suite 1450 Tampa, FL 33612 813 977-6511 American Software Distributors 502 Fast Anthony Drive Urbana, IL 61801 217 384-2050 AS DO 925 Stewart St. Madison. W1 557IS 608 273*6585 Black Belt Systems 398 Johnson Rd. Glasgow, M l 59230 406 367-5513 800 TK-AMIGA Byrd's Eye Software 100 George Bush Drive, 25 College Station, IX 77840 409 764-0563 Capstone IntraCotp 14o40 SW 136 St., Suite 204 Miami, FI. 33186 305 252-9040 800 468-7226 CC1 Electronics PC) Box 708 Los Alamos: CA 93440 800 344-2118 (CA) 800 331-8333 (other) Cinema Products 3211 S. Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016 310 836-7991 Commodore Business Machines 1200 Wilson Drive West Chester. PA 19380 215 431 -9100 215 436-4200 Designing Minds 3006 North Main St. Logan, Utah 84321 801 752-2501 Digital Creations 2865 Sunrise Blvd., Suite 103 Rancho Cordova, CA 95742 916 344-1825 Digital Micronics 5674-P El Cainino Real Carlsbad, CA 92008 619 931 -8554 Digital Processing Systems 55 Nugget Ave., Unit 10 Scarborough, Ont. MIS 3LI Canada 416 754-8090 dissidents 10325 Wood Rd. Utica, NY 13502 315 797-0343 DKB Software 832 First St. Milford, Ml 48042 313 685-2383 Dynamix 99 W. 10th St., Suite 224 Eugene. OR 97401 503 343-0772 Electronic Arts 1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404 415 571-7171 800245-1525 Euphonies 2685 Burnside Rd. Sebastopol, CA 95472 707 823-1380 Expansion Systems 44862 Osgood Rd. Fremont, CA 94539 415 656-2890 FairBrothcrs 5054 S. 22 St. Arlington, VA 22206 703 820-1954 Genisoft Unit 3. Povle 14, New lands Drive Colinbrook, Berks. SL3 0DX England 753-686-000 Great Valiev Products 600 Clark Ave. King of Prussia. PA 19406 215 337-8770 1 leifher Communications 4451 1-70 Drive NW Columbia, MO (55202 800 44545164 Horira PO Box 3993 Mission Viejo. CA 92690 714 489 0240
I. DEN Wdeotronics 9620 Chesapeake Dr., Suite 204 San Diego. CA 92123 800 874-1 DF.N Integrated Graphic Media 765 V. Alosia Ave., Suite E Glendora, CA 91740 818 963-7545 Interactive Video Systems 7245 Garden Grove Blvd. Suite E Garden Grove, CIA 9264 I 714 890-7040 I nlerplay Productions 3710 S. Susan, Suite I (It) Santa Ana, CA 92704 714 549*2411 JVC II Slater Dr. Elmwood Park, NJ 07107 201 794-3900 800 247-3608 Kara Computer Graphics 2554 Lincoln Blvd., Suite 1010 Marina Del Rey, CIA 90291 213 578-9177 ' KludgeCode Software PO Box 1163 Holland, MI 49422 616 786-0740 Kouami 900 Deerfield Pkwy. Buffalo Grove, 1L 60089 708 215-5100 I .ticasArts (lames PO Box 10307 San Rafael, CA 94912 415 721-3300 800 782-7927 Magni Systems 9500 SAV. Gemini Dr. Beaverton, OR 97005 503 626-8400 MegageM 1903 Adria Santa Maria. CA 93454 805 349-1104 Merit Software 13635 Gamma Rd. Dallas. TX 75244 214 385-2353 Merlin's Software Distributed by Amazing Computers Michael Greens!ein 160 Wynfield Circle Orange Park, FI. 32073 904 264-8769 Migraph 200 333 St. S., 220 Federal Wav. WA 98003 206 838-4677 Millennium Distributed by Electronic .Arts Network Electronics Enterprises 777 Terrace Ave, Hasbrouck Heights, N| 07604 201 393-4834 NewTek 2I5S.E. 8th St. lbpcka. KS 66603 913 354-1146 800 843-8934 Nucleus Electronics PO Box 1025 Nobleton., Ont. Canada LOG 1N0 416 859-5218 Origin Systems 110 Wild Basin Rd., Suite 330 Austin. Itx 78746 512 328-5490 Pacific Digital (> Stetson Dr. Kent field, CA 94904 415 457-8448 Panasonic Communications Two Panasonic Way Secaucus. N| 07094 201 348-7000 800 447-4700 Pop .Arts 28 Main St., Suite 200 Bradford. PA 16701 814 362-4489 Preferred' fechnologics 14540 East Bel (wood Pkwy. Dallas, Texas 75244 214 702-9191 800 878-0010 Prime Image 19943 Via Lscucla Saratoga, CA 95070 408 86 > -6519 Progressive Ivripherals &¦ Software 464 Kalamatli St. Denver, CO 80204 303 825-4144 Psygnosis 29 St. Man’s Court Brookline MA 02146 617 731-3553 RAW’ Entertainment 3027 Marina Bay Drive, Suite 1 10 League Citv, TX 77573 713 538-3399 ReadySoft 30 Wertheim Court, Unit 2 Richmond Hill, Ont. Canada L4B IB9 416 731-4175 RGB Computer & Video 4152 Blue Heron Blvd. W. Suite 1 18 Riviera Beach. IT 33404 407 844-3348 800 335-7876 RGB Dynamics 1445 Jamike Drive. Suite Three Erlangei; KY 41018 606 282-7303 Sony Corp. of America One Sony Drive Park Ridge. Nf 07656 201 930-1000 Strategic Simulations 675 Almanor Ave., Suite 201 Sunnyvale, CA 94086 408 737-6800 Stylus PO Box 1671 Ft. Collins, CO 80522 303 484-7321 Supra 7101 Supra Dr. SAV. .Albany. OR 97321 503 967-2400 800 727-8772 TAG MT & T Group 14417 Chase St., Suite 331, Dept. G Van Nuvs, CA 91402 800 235-4922 The Bvte Factory 2317 $ W 31 si Sf. Oklahoma City, OK 73119 405 63 l-Bml The Disc Company 11040 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90025 213 478-6707 Virgin Games 18061 Fitch Ave., Suite C Irvine, CA 92714 714 833-8710 Virtual Reality laboratories 234 1 Ganador Court San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 805 545-8515 Vortex Computer Systems Distributed In American Software. NI ino-Pice, or Talon Technologies ¦ AW Shucks! Item: On page 212 of the September issue, the area code of author Victor Osaka’s telephone number was incorrectly printed. His number is 310 398-7649. DMI Flopticals Don't befooled by others! DM! Offers a complete Amiga solution. You just add ii to your system like any other hard drive, and vou've sot low-cost storage at $ ] MB. Comes complete with an Insite floptical drive. 20MB disk. Dml's Amiga driver, cabling, and a free copy of Quarterback! All you supply is the SCSI controller. $ 469 $ 579 Internal External (fiAlcrnal unit includes a IIO 22UVAC auto-suiicliinp power supply) ROCTEC Rochard 52 Attention A500 owners! Roctcc has bundled their IDE SCSI combo controller, an SMB capacity memory board, and a Quantum 52MB hard drive in a color- matched. Molded. Rochard case with an auto-switching power supply, game switch and fan. Summer Sale - $ 459 (and we’ll add the first 2MB of RAM for only $ 79!) Boing! Optical Mouse An accurate, professional mouse for anv Amiga. Two year warrantv $ 79' We Specialize in Solutions! CSA’s Magnum 44 For the serious A2000 user, not hint’ beats the Magnum 44 68040 28-33M Hz. SCSI-2 controller. 32MB memory capacity (4MB of 32-bit RAM included), high-speed Parallel port (print at blazing speeds), and an extra serial port, all designed into one beautiful hoard. Call for Special Pricing We also still have the over- popular, reliable, upgradeable 68030-bascd MegaMidgel Racer for as low as $ 399 ($ 429 w 68882) CBM & DKB Now add Speed and Memory CBM2630 (68030 25MHz) board with 4MB of 32-bit RAM. Our low price $ 629 Add DKB's 2632 32-bit RAM daughter board w 4MB (expandable to 128MB!) Just $ 469 Only $ 149! A1000 Owners! Internal 3.5" Floppy $ 89 AdSpccd $ 189 Insider 2 $ 189 DataflyerRAM w 2MB $ 289 CBM 1300Gen lock $ 69 Rejuvenator vv IMB Annus $ 419 Rcjuvenator w 2MB Agnus $ 629 Phoenix Board $ 850 KwikStan 11 $ 62 Keyboard $ 99 Call us for all of your A1000 needs! DKB Megaehip 500 2000 Expanding your Amiga just isn’t complete until you’ve expanded your graphics capacity to 2MB of chip Ram! You need Megachip to get ii into your Amiga 500 or Amiga 2000, (sorry lOQO's), Megachip 2000 or 500 w 2MB Agnus - $ 279 Blizzard Board From Preferred Technologies Increase the performance of your Amiga 500 1000 2000 with a 14MHz 68000 processor, and up to 8MB of RAM on a single board! Also has Shadow Memory option to put Kickstart in 14 Mhz RAM, utility software, and a 5 year warranty. $ 319 Blizzard w 2MB A2000 Tower from SCS Build your own lower computer by installing your existing A2000 motherboard and power supply. You’ll keep all of your expansion room, plus add four 5.25" HH External bays, two 3.5" HH Internal bays, and more! Do-It-Yourself Price $ 359 October Spotlights GVP Phone Pak $ 429 SupraFax Modems Call Civilization S45 DCTV RGB Splitter 5249 HST Dual FAX Modem $ 899 Roctcc AV Floppy $ 89 IVS Vector Call Superba.se Pro v4.0 SI 79 Sea la v3.0 Scall SAS C v6 SI 99 Migraph OCR S275 Voyager $ 79 . CrnssDos v5.0 $ 39 AM AX II Plus $ 359 GVP Combo 40MHz $ 1029 Epson 300C Scanner $ 999 Flicker Free Video 2 $ 259 Archive 250MB Tape $ 529 Final Copy $ 59 New products daily! Call for the latest info. 386 Bridgeboard B5Ii W ALL Mailorder The Total Solution 1-800-766-5757 Well, it took a while, but Commodore has finally released these 20MHz 386 Bridgeboards! I MB RAM. Expandable to SMB. Up to two dedicated, or ’shared' Amiga drives, and MS-DOS 5.0. BriwalPs Price - $ 679 Addison-Wesley ROM Kernal manuals (2.04) Libraries, Devices, Hardware, Includes, & Intuition Style Guide Get ALL 5 for $ 99! RocGen RocKey Video Combo ROCTEC With the RocGcn Plus Genlock and RocKcy Chromakey, you can add a whole new dimension by bringing high quality studio effects to your desktop video production. RocGen $ 339 Roe Key $ 339 Special Combo Price -- $ 559 UNLEASH THE POWER! The Publising Team with the Genie Edge Buy the Bundle & Save a Bundle Get Both for Only $ 219,00! PROFESSIONAL PROFESSIONAL DRAW
3. 0 $ 129.00 Syquest Drives 44MB w Cartridge $ 399 8SMB w Cartridee $ 569 MSS Specials Sl9 S59 S59 Online Platinum Excellence v3.0 The Works Platinum DATAFLYER from Expansion Systems Choices and More Choices! Hast, Reliable, and Flexible; all boards arc A500 1000 2000 compatible. SCSI Controller $ 79 IDE Controller $ 75 A1000 Case $ 129 $ 99 A500 Case $ 79 RAM Hoard Dataflyer SCSI or IDE 52MB Quantum Packs: A500 -- $ 399 A1000 - $ 479 A2000 - $ 349 Bux a Datajlxer PAM board, and we'll add the first 2MB of RAM for only $ 79! No, we don't have a lot of line listings...but who can read that liny type anyway? Just call us at 1-800-766-5757 and let one ol our Sales Consultants help you! We specialize in ’Solutions’, and carry all of the good stuff. If you want a complete listing of everything we carry, packed with product descriptions Just write for a FREE copy of our Catalog-On-A-Disk! See our previous page lor additional ordering and shipping inlormation. Briwall -- P.O. Box 129 58 Noble Street -- Kutztown, PA -- 19530 The AmigaWorld ToolChest is a line of quality, low-cost software that brings many uniquely powerful programs to your Amiga. By purchasing this software you receive unmatched versatility, usability, and best of all, you support the independent Amiga developer. The *‘TC" series disks are our potpourri series of disks that are available in our money-saving and convenient subscription offer. The "TSP" series are grouped together by theme for your convenience. Keep your eyes on our new HRK" series- these exciting programs are the hottest ’‘commercial userware" programs available, full featured and fully documented. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Disks Price 314-...... ....235 20-99 .... .....3.45 12-19..... ......3.95 6-11 . 4.95 | 1-5 .... .5.95 TSP42: 3D Master Explore the wcrkf ot 3D modelling with this high-powered safTwarn Cieal© realistic raytraceb 3D images. 3D Master is perfect to get your feet wet in 3D. It wilt require some experimentation to get the most out ot it. Req i MB TSP41: Seatanco Go on patrol m your nuclear Tndem submarine and dear the seas ot the vflrmen mat pollute it A complete simulation wtITi all tactical weapons and deten srve systems TSP40AB: Star Trek Trivia Test your knowledge cl "Tho Next Generation' identity scenes, sounds, characters and much more' Two disk sot. Counts as two T5P33A0: Catacomb A weU dona graphic dungeon adventure game Discover tho secrets A treasures ot the uderground maze ana try to slay air,©! TSP38: Virus Utilities VrmsX. KjHVitus. Vitus Memory kliter VK36Q and ZlfpVrmsill will lei you sleep at night knowing your Amiga is 1000% virus-hee TSP37: ChockBook Accountant Thrs program has full budgetingtransacton record ing capabilities Thts program turns Ihe chore ot balancing your checkbook into a 2 minute treall T5P36: Anlmallon Two beautotul animations SotQQT and Walsh. Both ol these were created wilh 30 animation programs and are truly beautiful and smooth TSP35: HnckLJto This is a dungeon adventure game ol the highest magnitude an absotulety hugo wood to explore that will task even tho most hardened dungeon mpter ijt lor weeks on orxt' TSP34: MachForce Any number ot players can contest up to 24 giant robots with lasers, missiles, |ump |0ts to get you airborne to do bathe m teams against each other or against the computer tughly addxstmg’ T5P33ABCD: Complete Guide to Programming the Amiga in ~C~ This four ask. Sei teaiures tutorials, sample programs and inside tips lo the specal pfogramm ng needs ol the Amiga Four disks counts as three. TSP32: Classic Arcade Games De!endet and Missle Command-need we say moroi Descender if- a clooo of rhe dassic Tempest TSP31: DataBases Coniains all tlavors of databases Bbasoll is a highly Anuqa tizod database, Dm a Easy is anoiher powerful dalnbase MagMan Is specially designed lo liefp you reference amdes in magazines TSP30: Educatlonnl This includes WgfaPAlaBdjtA DllmMaO which draws detair.d maps ol tounines WordGafhe. Uslric Gor.ibriC:. SodJZ-an ngemous spelling challenger, FastFar.ts -evervlhino you aiways wante J to know about our Solar System TSP29ABC: King James Bible The complete text cl ttie txtie is included on Ihe. 3 drsk set (counts as 3j with printing and searching capabilities TSP23: Bitmapped Fonts This d-sk contains 67 fonts for the Amiga, all under 25 points m size a lont lor every occasion’ TSP27: Octa-MED This remarkable program doubles lie sound capabilities of your Amiga trom 4 channels ol audio to 8* Almost completely kJontrcal to MED. This is a truly romarkablo program TSP26: Directory Utilities Contains a« of the bosi pubic domain and stiarowaro lito and d sk utiMteS nv.ulablo tor Ihe Amiga, including UfilMailtn. FileMten, M2DU. £kJ imi DlfMaslftf. TSP25: SpaceGames Contains MoonBaie a very graphically detailed lunar lander game RnaoeWar-a two player (either in person or over Ihe modem) space battle Nebula is a 3D wodd you must defend definitely ccmmercal quality T5P24: Printing Utilities This dsk contains a very mce Banner maker that will use any Am aDOS font wTth fijll-coor pnnfing RobsLabpiCteatDr wiit allow easy creating ot labels lor your diskettes PnrtStudo a!rows easy pnnttrg ol text graphic images wrttr total control over page numbering lifting etc TSP23AB: Tobins Star Trek A graphic space adventure where you're the captain ot your own starship Traval through the universe, stop tf>© Romutans and Klmgons and complete your missions Two disks, counts as Two TSP22: 3D Objects This disk contains 18 dfttweni vector objects for use with Sculpt and Imagine Scum ol Ihe objects include: train engine, synthesizer keyboard Amiga 30tX). Space station TSP21: Disk Duplicators This disk contains all the best utilities to backup diskettes Included are Xcopyill and tiiS which wdl backup copy protect programs. Also includes SunerQueer wtnch >S an incredibly fast ArmgaDOS eop.er Freecc-ov will remove copy protection Irom many popular commercial programs TSP20: Board Games includes Checkers. Dominoes. Clu-e. Jeooard ard Monopc-ly Throw away your die© and tel your Amiga take care of the details, hours and hours of tamify lun1 TSP 19: PacMan Classics Contains Mazem.Tn Zonrx and PacM.anfl?- afl great nr.pte mentations ot trie ongonal arcooe dasac. TSP18: MS-DOS Emulation Contains PCTask and two shateware IBM MS Dos emulators for your Amiga Also included are utilities to allow Amiga drives to readwrit© 720K lormai MS-DOS disks--Mulfidos and MSH TSP17: Printer Drivers This disk contains over 70 printer drivers tor many popular printers TSP16: Telecommunication This disk conlams Iwo first-class modem programs, Ncon-m and Access This d-.sk is for tho beginner or expert telecommunicate*, teafur- ing all tho popular commumcaton protocols, including X Y and Z-Modem Ncomm has very advanced s-cnpI capacities for performing automated teg-ms. Downleads and uploads 3D Master featured on TSP42 TSP15: MED This disk cantams the premier muste package. MED (Muscal ED ter) It will allow you to use dg fized sound samples as your instruments and use them m your own songs Its tremendous edilrng power makes MED more of a musical word processor An oxlromoiy well-done program Many commercial software companies use this packagu to create soundtracks for Ihelr entertainment programs TSP! 4: Plotters This disk conlams several of the bor.t mathematical plotting programs available for Ihe Amiga Includes AmiaaPlol-a 3-dimensional mathemaiical function plotter (pictured) Aplot2.Q and PlotXY TSP13: Telrls Games This disk contains 5 flavors cf the classic game "Terns." Some have artificial intetligsnc© others a variety ot play-stylos sxitt levels number cl ptaye s TSP12: Clip Art This disk contains several excellem bitmapped mages tor use in Desktop Publishing or sim.tar programs. TSPt 1: Operation Desert Storm: This is a complete Hyperbook typo apol-caiion that will take you through a guided to>jr ol the recent contlct in 'ti© Gull TSP10: Frnctnis Sconerv (pictured) will create realistic fractal landscapes Genesis allows the creation ol various landscapes with user-definable levels of complexity Also included ato various Mandelbrot generators, including Tmandel Mandei Mountains and FracGen. TSP9: Utilities *1 IconMoistei an Icon editor with a complete set of editing pa nting tools. TjFormjt a disk formatting program thal will tprmat disks that AmlgaDOS went Char'.Maslsr a graphing tool that allows you to generate and save different graphs in IFF formal qr&Pp'3Q lets you visualize complex data in 3-D and save Ihe results StrnrtGwrt lets you create gadgets, text, bitmaps and window structures and the program win automagicaSy wro© the "C" source cod© for you Lab©tM,Uf»r « a very easy to use full featured label pnmer DoublePfint fasolrates printing of text Was on bc'h sides of paper TSP8: Clipart Black A White and colorful (Apart for a vorory cf needs inducing desktop publishing video People. Holiday tested, school items, scrolls, lood, monsters, hsh. Lobsters. Symbols and lots more TSP7: 30 Vector Objects 2 Books. Early American telephone barrels gun spaceships. Lamps, trombone, bogle, skateboard Lego-Rovet, remote control glider and airplane. AH objects In Sculpt formal TSP6: 30 Vector Objects 1 Lamp minor. Bed chair lire hydrant, lamp post Street lamp, street sign, traffic light, cannon, cannon supplies rose fork, spoon knile and plate All objects in Sculpt format TSP5: Games 3 CtossCjcuil is a one or two-playor art ion tog ic game that requires last reflexes. WordSvaroh will allow you to generate your own word search puzzles In DrugBoste's you rid the streets ot c-garettes alcohol pits and needles In Cihcu you try to get live X s in a row belore your opponent GolorLoflic *5 an excellent MasterMind type game TSP4: Games 2 Dvno-Wars a strategic checker-style game. Koot es assemble a bug before the compuier beats you to it Block-Buster is a colorful, well done Tetris- type game Warrior is a fun shool'em-up ndvoniuro game MrCfoMan is a graphic maze game ptayod with a joystick Battte tho computer's armies to lake over the planet in CitCQ. TSP3: Games 1 Crystal Caverns is an adventure game w.lh randomly generated worlds-you'll never trash the same wotl-1 twice1 Dqf2Dot >s .an adaptation of the classic 2 player connect the bor game PtzzaDeli very Man has you running through the sheets to get those pres to your customers TinvBatl is the- world S smallest baseball game Surround Cvges ts a high speed arcade game based on I he tight cycle races from the Disney movie Tron TSP2: Sounds Animal sounds, musical instruments and many, many more *3 sound samples in all' TSP1: Maps of USA. Canada and Europe Hi-Res IFF brushes ol all SO US States, 10 Canadian Provinces and countries m Eutope. Each map has a 30 ©xttusion ottoct with cast shadow Special Eoiiioh Toolchest Rkl: Mega Ball • This disk contains the full-retans© version ol MegaBall, complete with the level editor to create your own challenging worlds to conquer. This game is quite similar to Arkanotd and allows two players with stereo sound and 5 soundtracks! Special RK price. $ 54.95. RK2: Machlll This remarkable utility wit! Allow you to record any mouse click or keypress and ptay it back as a macro at any time, inside any program. Atso provides memory Inlo clocfc. Alarm, screen blanker, mouse accelerator, mouse-lo- rrwnu, sunmouse and window cycling. Special RK price $ 14.95. TC34AB: Optimizer will permanently i-peedup your hard-drive or floppy disks LCD SAVE 39%!! SUBSCRIBE
• . • ...... : :> f:: : V.. . ... ' A mixture of great utilities, application, games & more! Receive 6 bi-monthly double-disk issues for just S54.95’ Save $ 34-45 off single-issue price!4
- Convenient automatic Home delivery Lowest possible prices! Receive your disks weeks before others do! Full Money-Back Guarantee: If you're not completely sat isfied. We'll refund your money-no questions asked "Based or sngle fok pr-C-ng inckuJ-ng harkT -i»3 sutKCrtjX-cm 300 55 00 ftnipcWiq ail amor Foreign ado S10 CXI sluppmp Calc « a nico tull scroon calculator Bbascll is a useful database program ffizDlsk will correct many problems with disks BizCalc is a loan analyser intetteran >s a Tetris type game Nebute is a 3D space game. P»cBase allow you to track at the- IFF mages you have hate is a great Zax on done TC33AB: Measures 1 0 is an incredibly useful utility that Witt convert any Type ot measurement to another. Disl-1 nheter is a database designed lor storing and pnntirig 3." Disk labels. Jewels is a Teiris-esque game of action and strategy Switch is a tun board-game Gfxciipper will allow you tc grab any screen and save it as an IFF picture. Softball Manner is a database for storing stats tor sottoa'i any number of leagues may be tracked WBExec allows you lo execute Cll commands Irom wilhin Ihe Workbench Several Clipart images are also included TC32AB: Computer Coloring Book, is a delighttul program lor children cl all ages comes with 15 pages ot pictuies to color agam and again piKahliLkt's you make, edd. Combtrve and print lists ol words great tor those spelling tests' Mo'vsmoc'h1 scrolls text files smoothly on the screen and allows easy pen ting Pocket B a.rd? Sets you choose from several ol the most pooular pocl games with realistic action Tenure aiows you to create, manipulate and save = in standard IFF toyman realistic fractal :ex lured surfaces Plague is a monster mace game Also includes Screen Fader. Snowbench, and FlipBench TC31A5 Calendar Publishar is a professional-caliber calendar maker I fa! Is customizable CrossC rcuii is a t or 2 player action logic game that calls foi Iasi retlexes and thinking APR ;$ a much nwided printer utility Pizza Delivery Mon is a maze gamo wttere you deliver pies in your neighborhood Muftioiaver is a single program that will lot you so© IFF pictures brushes or playback IFF sound samples Also includes RAMgauge 3 D vector objects and H Ftes IFF brushes of maps and Hags ol European countnes TC26AB: Word Search Maker lets you create word search pucj'os TimeCa’c >s use tul tor anyone who has to calculate hours and minutes igieat tor adding up times of CD's to make tapes1) Druobusters is a tun game where you get nd ot cigarettes, booze. Pills ard needles Wordfinder lets you search binary or text tiles tor a particular word or string (good for pelting hints in your adventure games'). KevCfick will add a small audible click to your keys and MeuseCtock will do th© same lor the mouse but tons Seawar is a game botwuon the Allied Navy arid the Empi-0 Flee I Plus Early American 3 D vector objods. Digitized sound effects, and a directory program TC25AB: ScreBnTotFF caplurus you! Screen to an IFF tile PotiCoiQis lots you change the cobrs ol your Workbench screen Warrior s a tun shoot em-up adventure game tor one or two players Kakiirtoccoo is a fine drawr-g program Blockbusters is a game where you g©1 rid ol blocks by pushing matching blocks into them A.m-daro will show-off your Amngas ability to do soid-oofygon animations Microscope sets you examine memory at any location Also includes Hi-Res IFF brushes of all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces n«e digitized sounds and two smatt d sk uti t-es and printer utility. TC24AB: ~at>oMqi ¦_» is a tool tor effortlessly buikfmo numerical tables Kopt'&s ts a fun gam© where you have lo assemble a bug belore tho computer beats you to it HvperTevt tets you pul links in a text We lo other text, graphics, sound, animation. Aroxx and otter appl-cnlions. The L itli© Blank Book is a wondertully useful telephone and address book. Color Looic is a MasiorM nd type game Also includes several disk and memory utilities and some animal sound effects to top i! Otf TC23AB: Where's lots you quickly and painlessly find a misplaced tile on your drive SsJeU creates a window bom which you can njn your favorite programs MahteMgg ; lets you find the day ol the week 'or any date in the century, also lets you onter statistical data to be analyzed graphs data, and solves linear algebraic equations Pq-mgr List Maker lets you create your Own pointers or moort pointers from other programs and save them in a disk tile Dyno-Wars requires more strategy and thought than your regular checker board game Also includes Mr. Monster ana Tniion games, 3-D objects six sound ©fleets and an animation of a pretzel TC22AB; Armga Checkbook is a last checkbook manager with check printing a&My. Budget analysis, and a report writer AmiCryot is a tile encrypt!orJdecrypliOri tool I password protect any file...a must lor security WnvoSyn lets you design musica instruments and waveforms for use in other programs It also lets you pay your key board like a piano CtfttQ is a game where you try to gel Five X's in a row before you opponent does Alter'd. I lets you change attributes of your Cll window fwidifi title depth height, location, colors) with a singl© command vary uselul lor scripts Alsc includes an animation by renowned Amiga arti-st Lou Markoya. As well as 3 0 object'. TC21AB: CCGC 15 a "nsk-styl©" gam© whoro you battle the computer to iake over ttv planet Batchman allows you to execute Cll p'ograms. Batch files and Aroxx script1 by svnpty clicking on a gadget Colors prints cotor lest sheets and assigns RGB value- lo prmt&r and screen ouTput absolutely invaluable to achieve the best color pnntim results F.-rv.tte is a powertul database lor home or a small business. Sot if u Editc lots you eadly create animated sprites Plus 3 0 fruit objects and five sampled sound;: TC1GAB: Cyt>erscape generates compter 3-D vector objects o! Terrain and saves you objects in Sculpt or Turbo-Srtver tormat Malho’Qttef graphs mathematical equations u both 2-D and 3 D Double Print prints your text files on both sides of tho papoi Mntamnrpl) a graphic adventure game, Tinvb.il Ihe worlds smallest baseball arcad- game and 6 digitized sound ettocts AmigaPlot featured on TSP14 TC15AB: LapeTnaker- is a very easy to use lapet program SurroundGides. A h>gh speed arcade gam© Dot2Do‘. An adaptation ot the classical conn eel-the-dot game tutorial on ammabon techniques by Amiga-artist extrordmaire Brad Schenck compiot with one ot his ammalions Also includes a collection ot clip art and more anlffl; sounds TC14AQ: AmiqoE'te '?• a database and address bock Graph 3-D lots vou viSuflliz complex data in a 3-D manner and save the mutts. Spectrogram analyzes and di; plays digillzed sounds. Pleronadonaball an animation by Lou Ma>koya Alt includes 3J3 lie IdS I3-D objects, food cfip-art. And sampled sound TC13AB: StmcGen lets you create gadget lent bitmap, and window structures an writes the C source code for you. LrfeCvdes plots your biorhythms Create spectaci tar images with MaOdtHfarofs Look., a Cll utility that helps you find files on your dts quickly and easily Pius 3 D ot«ects fiokday ctp an. An Amiga Right animation df v head cteaning utility, and tect-xwcal dtscusuon on how Amiga DOS stores information o disk TCI2: TJFormal lormals disks that Am g a DOS normally wont ChartMasler is a dov erful graphing loot McreCandv generates an assortment of colorful graphic pattern and a Hows you to save them to disk Shark,, a gamu wheto you have lo oat nil the Ifni porch you can catch to stay alive Plus BAW dp-ad. Spaceship 3-D vector objects, a animation, and Speakeasy (C source code lor it© programmer la add speech to C prc grams). Tcll: Disk Salvage will fix corrupted disks and recover deleted files 'conM-iisier is a advanced Icon editor. AfienDue! Is a fast, shoot'em-tip gam©. Crystal Cawtns is a co ortul. Graphic adventure game like the arcade game Also includes an animatioi sound samples. 3D dinner labte objects, and Hi-Res monster dip ad The AmigaWorld Toolchest 11835 Carmel Mtn. Rd 1304-T8 San Diego, CA 92128 Please rush me these disks (Use product ID code-Le. TC22) [NOTE: All "TC" disks count as TWO disks Total disks © S each ....S Total for special ’RK" series disks Toolchest Subscription ($ 54.95) ...$ CA Residents add 7.75% Tax Mandling foreign Shipping .... Total enclosed .. ! MasterCard Discover j Check Money Order 1 CC : | Expiration Date: i Signature: i Name: ! Address: ] Citv: St: Zip: i Phone: ( ) ! Jorderline
(800) 677-0416 ! Itechnical Support (619) 486-9538 InfoMarket Mon-Tnurs Fri-Sat 10am- 1 Oam SMC Cr Many additional product* available for immcdiaie rhipping call lor infoi(nation Shipping on chips is $ 3.00. Power .Supplies, rds are $ t> 00. COD snipping please add $ I 00. For shipping, please call We accept International and Canadian orders and only charge actual shipping charges We accepi risa, MC, Discover, Money Order or farsonal Check All items are shipped same day from stock, personal checks allow 10 days to dear. I’lraw Drises and Keyboards are oilier items or air 1 Matrix Marauder?? S9 Amnios Al2 Nevermind . 7 Armour-Geddon. .16 Nitro .... 8 Atomino ...... ..15 ObitUS wilh T-shirt! 17 Barbarian II . ..16 More Lemmings sand alone 18 Blood Money..... ..10 Ork ...... 12 Carthage ...... .,10 Shadow of the Beast II 16 Leander ..17 Spellbound . 7 Lemmings ... ..22 Stryx .... 8 All lilies ore new and fully guaranteed. Call for free brochure of many other blowout* plus our extensive line of current releases and used Amiga titles. We accept Visa, American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and COD orders. Pay Only $ 5.00 Shipping Handling per pkg of 6 3.5" disks. Foreign add $ 5.00 per pkg. SOFTWARE PUBLISHERS CREDIT CARDS ONL Y - ORDER TODA Y - CALL 619-931-8111 ex, 511 Circle 90 On Reader Service Card ¦ WonJs a-nj phrases. (Jflitired wo«« o* naive tpci»i*is FsirBroth&rS, Inc.
* 25-30 Topics such as Weather. Numbers. Food, etc j ¦ intrudes Drcfonary. Prtmunoaton GunSe and Qmries ak©4 ¦3- “HO Ol. ¦ Handy reierence 'o' the sluceH. Traveler. Businessman Arlington, VA 22206 ¦|con:zedTat*eofConfenfs -oco«j4CeH)B«* 3ChC>Oiers To( 7m non 1 OKA I ¦S r«?n Of EgMehs*sefinc»jdnco-np«eN?nv ! Manual Tel (703) 82Q-1 954 ¦ Port $ Oc* rt»fl9ce makes keyword unncoeuvy Fax (703) 820-4779 Romance Languages: S89.95 Oriental Languages: Si 29.95 Please specif) language when offering. Fttc bmthurt available. Send S5 lor demo disk (rebaicd on regular purchase) To purchase, send cheek oe money oider, Ail orders, shipped UPS Gmuud Add Si lor COO or UPS 2nd Day Air.. Virginia Residents add 4 ! 2f Sales las Canadian order* add 204 if paying in Canadian dollars. S.' shipping unit. In U.K..call MicrrPacc. Tel 0753 55188S FREE - 6 DISKS - FREE Receive 6 Disks Full of our Best Selling Software for Amiga® Computers GAMES • ANIMATION EDUCATION * UTILITIES VIDEO TOOLS Korean * English * Russian * Chinese French * German * Spanish * Japanese AUDIO GALLERY 1-800-638-1123 Tech Support (304)529-0461 Circle 85 On Reader Service Card Choose from Mu-rhi T h u n t i® fg | Roman nmr Circle 194 On Reader Service Card. VISIONSOFT PO Box 22517 • Carmel. CA 93922 MEMORY UNIT 2MB 4MB SMB 1 X 4-80 SC ZIP $ 16.50 _ 132 264 1 X 4-70 SC ZIP
17. 25 - 138 276 1 x 4-70. 80 PAGF. DIF
19. 00 76 152 296 I x 4-70, 80 PAGE ZIP
17. 00 68 136 268 256x4-70. 80 ZIP
5. 00 80 160 304 256 x 4-70. 80
4. 00 64 120 240 1 x 8-70. 80 SIMM
32. 00 64 128 248 4 x 8-70. 80 SIMM
123. 00 123 240 4x8 - 60 SIMM 125 00 125 245 GVP SIMM 32
1219. 00 219 430 Base Board 155 220 ADRAM 540 ¦ 165 230 IVS Mein 4 169 235 ¦ . DaiaFlyer RAM 157 222 345 Dflyer 1000 RAM 245 310 438 DataFlyer 500 SCSI.... .....135 A520 Video Adapter 39 Dflver 500 EXP SCSI. .....199 A2232 Multi-Serial 295 DataFlyer 1000 SCSI .. .....159 BigFool Power Supply 89 DataFlyer 2000 SCSI... ......85 GVP Combo Accel Call C-NET Amiga BBS Software
• To t • 11 y Configurable .....,.4 'MuJ i-user(24 nodes)
* 2.0 & 1,3 Compatible ... UUCP & Fido Net Support ORDERS ONLY: 800-735-2633 Via MC INFO & TECH: 408-899-2040 Fax: 408-626-0532 BBS: 408-625-6580 Add original background music to your next video or multimedia project... Video Music Box,. ,1.4 Complete algorithmic composition and sequence editing utility for Amiga
• Even if you have never composed before, you can quickly compose almost unlimited styles of musical backgrounds using the algorithmic compositional tools,,,
* Get It Just right using the standard editing tools or add original melody and fills with special tools that add only notes that lit In the chord progression... ¦ Read and save compositions In MIDI or IFF SMU9... So ask your local dealer for more info, or call write m far free product brochure. Send $ 5 for the demo. Retail Price $ 109 Requires Amiga with 1M Workbench 2.0 compatfele Digital Expressions Research (414)733 - 6863 W6400 Fireiane 8, Menasha Wl 54952 Circle 76 On Reader Service Card Telephone for COD or Bank Card orders “ Grafx Computing: (716)782-2468 The fastest CAD Program X-CAD The finest CAD Interface X-SHELL The only CAD Newsletter X-PRESS AmigaDOS Release 2 Upgrades Release 2 Upgrade Kit .... $ 87.50 2020 2630 cprom Kit for Com. Accel 35.00 Super Denise 8373 Chip .....35.00 Fatter Agnus Chip 1 MB .....45.00 Fattest Agnus Chip 2MB 80.00 Switch It! .....44.95 Multi-Start II Rev 6a .. 53.00 DKB Megachip Board w 2MB Agnus 275.00 Hard Drives & Accelerators
C. BM 2630 25MHZ Accelerator 4MB 689.00 GVP G-Force Combo 030 25MHZ 1 MB ..,.649.00 GVP G-Force Combo 030 40MHZ 4MB ....999.00 GVP G-Force Combo 030 50M11Z 1MB Call GVP SIMM 32 - 4MB 60ns for above 219.00 GVP Series II HC8 0 HD Cont .$ 169.00 GVP A500-HD8 0+ w 120MB Quantum ...599.00 Quantum 10s 40MB hard drive .....189.00 Quantum 52 LPS hard drive ....239.00 Quantum 105 LPS hard drive ..369.00 Quantum 120 LPS hard drive ..395.00 Maxtor model 7120 SCSI hard drive 375.00 Quantum 240 LPS hard drive ..689.00 Syquest 44MB removable hard drive ..329.00 Syquest 88MB removable hard drive ..489.00 A2286 AT Bridgeboard .....359.00 Com.3070 I50MB ext Tape Backup 469.00 GVP SMB ram card w 2MB install ......175.00 Motherboard Replacements A500 w swapout = all revisions) ...$ 150.00 A2000 w swapout (rev. 4.5 or above) ...225.00 A2000 w swapout (rev. 3.9 to 4.4) 400.00 A2000 Rev. 6.2E Motherboard .549.00 A3000 25MHZ w swapout .. 489.00 Amiga Chips & RAM Chips 8520 CIA Chip .$ 11.00 KickStart vl.3 ROM .26.00 1x8 SIMM Module 80ns .....35.00 4x8 SIMM Module 80ns .....99.00 Motorola 68030 CPU 50MHZ ..189.00 Above CPU w 68882 SOM HZ Math Co 269.00 Power Supplies, Floppies & Keyboards CBM A2000 Power Supply .....$ 159.00 Above item w swapout 119.00 Big Foot Power Supply .....89.00 A2000 Keyboard .89.95 A500 Keyboard ...49.95 A2000 Internal Disk Drive ..89.00 A500 Internal Disk Drive ....89.00 Amiga Computers & Monitors I084S Stereo Monitor .. 279.95 A2000, 3000 Computer Systems ..Call 2320 Display Enhancer .....235.00 CBM 2232 Multi Serial Card ...319.00 CBM Replacement Mouse ...... 28.00 NEW ARRIVALS FROM COMMODORE A2000 HDA I00 computer .Call A2386 SX Bridgeboard .....Call Special Offer on Amiga Products Software Hut Inc. 2534 S. Broad Street Philidelphia, PA 19145 To order call
(800) 848-0079 In PA or for more information call:
(215) 339-5336 (Fax) m. InfoMarket ©OOQmiL DM©(i§ Presents DigitizedCOLOR Clip Art specially designed for Desktop Publishing applications. Composite Video Images professionally processed. Beautiful results printing in COLOR or B&W. For the 4 disk sampler set send a Check or Money Order for $ 30.00 to: DIGITAL IMAGES PO BOX 1274 ATHENS, AL 35611 THIS IS NOT LINE ART! Specify Amiga, IBM or MAC YOU'VE SEEN THE REST Less than $ 8.00 per diskl (MOs processed same day.) NOW SEE THE BEST! Circle 156 On Reader Service Card. There's Finally an Easy Way to Make Professional Looking Video and Audio Labels and it’s called... LabelDex! A full featured mailing, floppy disk and audio video labeling database program. Manage your floppy, audio video and address information the easy way. Print a large variety of professional looking labels with your HP LaserJet, DeskJet, PostScript or Epson compatable dot matrix printer. Only $ 74.95 EasyScript!, 10006 Covington Dr., Huntsville, AL 35803, _(205)881-6297, FAX (205)881-1090_ Circle 95 On Reader Service Card srnvicrs inc GENESIS LlLCTnoN'c ACCELERATE YOUR AMIGA TODAY WITH A CSA MIDGET RACER
* CLOCKED AT 25 Mhz & with math chip $ 375.00 Sales Technical Support Line 1-800-729-4361 Visa IMCI COD Circle 185 On Reader Service Card. ...or try a popular PD Shareware pack todaylS DTP PACK 30 Postscript Type! Fonts for Pageslream & Professional Page (req conversion), near 1 meg of cliparts. Pagestream calendar template, postscript and font utilities Highly recommended $ 19 95- VIDEO FONTS 5 Amiga Video G'aphics Guild disks, 100- fonts (frg. Small, coior), font manipulators, great for paint and subtitling! $ jg 95- TOP TEN GAMES 10 best picks ol 1991 by this magazine! Rings of Zon. Uamatron, Dungeon, Megaball. & many more.5i4.9f Cad or write to receive Zipperwore’s 10 mystery | I software aosoiutely free: | Game. Music. PS 1 Fonts. Cliparts. Utilities. Video. Anti-Virus. Educational. .European, Productivity!. CLIPART PORTFOLIO Imported 15 disk set of thousands b&w clips. 17 genera! Themes, over 100 subcategories. Easy search index, high quality, much better value than other commercial packages! $ 59,95' To order, call for C.O.D. or send checkJM.O. Add S4 S&h. Open MS rill 7pm ZIPPERWARE -P0B 95285 - Seattle, WA 98145 (206)747-1954 Circle 176 On Reader Service Card Thb AfiziXX OCJCjktlLlokby Merrill Callaway A Tutorial Guide to Arexx - Not a reference manual. Multiple Index - Commodore, Hawes, and applications. Arexx and PostScript - No other book has this feature! Inter-Process Control - Useful projects in TurboText, ADPro, Directory Opus, Proper Grammar, and others. WHITESTONE, 511-A Girard SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 $ 24.95 Cookbook S9.95 Disk $ 5.00 S&H (505) 268-0678 Phoa: (814) 583 - 5996 FAX (814) 583-5995 We will return Your Syaan VIA UPS Grand COD . * Mather Repair Only _Dealer and Distributor Inquiries Invited ISSN 0 9632773 0-8 fDook) ISBN 0-9632773-1-6 (disk) Amiga Repair Video Amiga Repairs 24 hour Turnaround
• 10 years experience ftxkig Commodore EquipnenL* 90 day warrarty on all parti replaced .* Factory Trained Servte technicians . • Low Flat Rare Price* . A500 Repair 69.95* A2000 Repair 95.00. Commodore Monitors J35.00.hr Flua Pans J&C Repair RD 2 Boot 9 Rockton Pa. 15S56 NEARLY 400 DISKS TLAS SAMPLER SPECIAL $ 3 EACH OF THE MOST USER-FRIENDLY SHAREWARE P.D. YOU CAN FIND! PRICED LESS THAN $ 4 A DISK 399 ? BIBLE PROSPER 78 ? PETER'S QUEST Send $ 2 for our catalog disk which also indudes a new and exdting D & D game on it. We'll also 61 ? 3-D MASTER send a coupon for $ 2 off your first $ 10+ order. We accapt Caah. Check TLAS 453 ? FREE PAINT Money Order or PO Bo* 30499 Call lor C.O.D order* hidand. TX 79712 24 ? GAMEPAK 1 TLAS INFORMATION: (915)563 909 WHEEL OF FORTUNE MONOPOLY. SORRY ru vjii neauei oeiviue Card Circle 173 On Reader Service Card DON’T ORDER YOUR AMIGA PD WITHOUT TALKING TO US FIRST 3T30U5LY, HAVE A MUC£ SELECTION CF AMIGA PD 31AREVARE AM) IT IS CflOVNG EvtRTDAY, VE HAVE AMOS FD. QJRCCtnOS, GATES. UTUTE5, GRAPHIC5 PROGRAMS, PCHTS, BUSrCSS PROGRAMS, TCN5 CF ANIMATIONS, MUSIC PROGRAMS, HCDJLLS, ATO LfTUTES, F TO VE SIN IT. YE HAVE mi (FRED FISH DISKS ARE STILL CNLY $ 150) ARE YOU TIRED OP PAYING RIDICULOUSLY HI OH PRICES FOR
- FREE- SOFTWARE? THEN CALL US NOW FOR OUR FREE K CATALOG. OR SEND K.OO FOR SAMPLE DISK AND CATALOG (I vie Accept cash ChE-cks money ordcrs, aw c.o.oji YOU ARE GUARNTEED NOT OQO DISK
(206) 351-9502 TO PAY MORE THAN * Northwest Public Domain-P.O. Box161 7-Aubum,WA 98071-1617 E Circle 170 On Reader Service Card COLOR RIBBONS & PAPER Colors: Black, Red, Blue, Ribbons Price Ea. Black Color T-Shirt
7. 50 750
15. 00 s"*.y cKScvipu° - IF- Brolher Ml 109 5.50 6 50 Citizen GSX 140 4 00 5 00 Citizen GSX 140 4C * 12.50 Okidata 192 5.00 7.50 Panasonic 1124 5.00 7 50 Seikosha SP1600 4.50 6 00 Star NX 1000 3.50 4.50 Star NX 1000 4C 6.25 Star NX 1020 4C 6.50 10.50 Green, Brown, Purple, Yellow T-Shirt (Heat Transfer Ribbon) All Colors Color Banner Paper: 45 ft. Roll $ 8 95 pk. Asstd. Pastel Paper 200 shts 57.90'pk. Asstd. Bright Paper: 200 shts $ 10.90 pk. Minimum orders $ 25.00. Minimum S&H $ 5 00. Call for other ribbons and supplies. Price & spec, are subject to change without notice. RAMCO COMPUTER SUPPLIES PO Box 475, Manteno. IL 60950 USA USA (800) 522-6922 or (815) 468-8081 Canada (800) 621-5444 Uncle 183 On Header Service Card KASARA MICRO SYSTEMS 1-800-248-2983 * 803-681-5515 Now the only source y have been your AUTH 3E ou will need for your Commodore product requirements. We ORIZED source for more than a DECADE of quality service. Prices on NEW or USED CPUs & accessories, upgrades. Replacement parts & assemblies with our EXCHANGE programs, repair maintenance services and stock-to-one-week delivery with our MONTHLY SPECIALS, 90 day warranty on paris repairs & quantity discounts Weekday Hours 9:00 am-6:00 pm EST Circle 188 On Reader Service Card COMMODORE AMIGA SERVICE CENTER AMIGA 500 (Repair) $ 75.00 includes parts labor We service the entire Amiga product line and carry replacement parts & power supplies. Call for prices. A&M Computer Repair • 24 Colonel Conklin Dr. Stony Point, New York 10980 • (914)947-3522 24 Hour Turnaround * Dealers Call For FREE Catalog 1 -800-344-4102 FAX: 1 -914-947-2728 InfoMarket ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION 35mm COLOR SLIDES from COLOR POSTSCRIPT • 24-BIT IFF HAM • Standard IFF Over 4000-line Resolution 1 NO Scanlines • NO Curvature Distortion • Brilliant Color Call or Write lor order form, price list * sample; HAMMOND' PHOTOGRAPHIC SERVICES
(310) 390-3010 11280 Washington Place Culver City, California 90230 AMIGA Files to 35mm and 4x5
* B W or Color Slides, Transparencies, or Negatives
* 2000 Line Resolution Maintains RGB Quality £r Anti-aliasing
* 48 Hour In-house Turn Around for 35mm Slides
* All Bitmaps & Overscan files supported - Foi piictng h sample* call; (715) 856-5627 | Or write: Graphic Impressions POB 254 Wausaukee, Wl 54177 H2~i Bigfoot200 Watt A-500 Power Supply ...$ 129.95 Automatic Joystick Mouse Switch ...$ 49.95 Slingshot A - 2 0 0 0 Slot For the A-500 ......$ 39.95 Eureka 512K A-501 Clone . $ 74.95 Eureka 4MB RAM Expansion(w 0K)......$ 89.95 Eureka Swifty True Three Button Mouse $ 39.95 A-3000 200 Watt Power Upgrade ...$ 149.00 Circle 67 On Reader Service Card. HI 486 BridgeBoard Accelerator !!! Qc 'qO0 Landmark 2T3: 75 Mhz CPU 80 Mhz FPU 24 Mhz internal CPU Speed - I 2 Mhz Bus Speed Works with A2286 $ 635 w o FPU $ 735 w FPU Prices include custom work and 2nd day shipping Ask about our 486-33 Mhz BridgeBoard Super Multi I O Card - $ 280 8 to 16 bit slot conversion - $ 60 $ 120 C 1 -800-735-4836 ELITE microcomputers 138 Turner Street FAX: 908-54 1 -0348 Port Reading, NJ 07064 NEW FROM EUREKA Mouse Kbrd ROM Sw itch $ 49.95 B&W Hand Scanner $ 229.95 MIDI w Serial pass thru $ 59.95 Dealer Inquires welcome VISA MC COD
(308) 745-1243 (308) 745-1246 FAX PO Box 130, Loup City, NE 68853 Circle 47 On Reader Service Card Circle 99 On Reader Service Card Four reasons to purchase The Cockroach 500 2.0 rom switch The Cockroach automatic joystick This device allows the user to install a joystick and mouse in the same port and to select cilheT the mouse or joystick without the use of a hardware switch. Simply use cither the mouse or joystick and the cockroach will automatically switch to that device. S30.00 The Cockroach 14 Mhz accelerator This accelerator allows the Amiga 500 or 2000 to operate at twice the speed, and has many convenient features
* easy step by step installation Manual. No extra wiring.
* No switches used to change speeds, all switching is dctie through software.
* $ 99.00!!!!! The InfoMarket AMIGA VORLD,s InfoMarket is a great opportunity for those with AMIGA products to reach over 100,000 Amiga owners. AmigaWorld is the only publication with a subscription offer reaching every new Amiga owner, national newsstand distribution by Kable News Co., and single copy sales in computer stores carrying the AMIGA as well as large bookstores such as B. Dalton and Walden Books. To reserve your InfoMarket page display ad, call Heather Guinard at 1-800-441-4403 or 603-924-
0100. We accept checks, money orders, MasterCard or VISA. MONTGOMERY GRANT S™, 1-718-965-0375 OR: Montgomery Gram - Dept A 33-34th St.. Brooklyn, NY 11232 SPECIAL PURCHASE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST COMMODORE® (hOOH 00 1084 RGB COLOR MONITOR $ 229. Ground shipping & hanging charges in USA $ 12.00. Air shipping and outs de USA ¦ Call lor charges Non certrtied check allow 3-4 weeks for clearance THE LAST WORD Kudos, complaints, comments, concerns, and contributions from our readers. Going for the Gold Commodore’s Gold Service is probably the best warranty of any computer maker out there today. You get parts and labor free for one year, and they will come to your house or place of business (again, free!) To fix your machine. My chance to test it out came when I was having trouble reformatting and installing my system software to my hard drive. I called Commodore Express and talked to a guy named Terry, and he thought I had a controller problem. The next day, the service man was at my door with a new motherboard and hard drive, and he fixed the entire tiling for nothing! It makes you feel really good when a computer company will go through all of this to keep you as a happy customer. John W. Sullivan Pail Huron, Michigan The Case of the Missing Monitors Regarding the monitor article “Screen Tests” = June, p. 39), while it is true that CBM's I960 is a recent release, it is on the market, costs less than the 1950, and has been selling for a while. Why was there no mention of it at all? Furthermore, NEC released its FG series of monitors to replace the D series way back in November of 1991. I find it difficult to believe there was not enough time to review them. A friend I work with could no longer get a 4D or 5D from the suppliers he called. Also, it would have been good to see coverage of more monitors in the article. Charles Birkner Greensboro, North Carolina Super, Supra! Alter using my SupraDrive for a few months, the drive didn't spin up one day. Supra’s tech support told me they would have to see for themselves, so I should ship it out to them. Even though it was still under warranty, I feared this would probably turn into an expensive repair. Much to my surprise, in a few days 1 received a UPS package from Supra containing a brand-new drive at 110 expense to me. What I thought would be an ordeal aimed out to be a week-long minor inconvenience, so I sing the praises of Supra evaporation for a job well done. Pierre Fontaine Hastings-on-Hudson, New York The Sad Success 1 have had my system since 1986. It now consists of an original A1000, an external 3,5-inch floppy, a Quantum 40MB hard drive with a Commodore autoboot controller with 2MB of RAM Yes, Virginia, there is a home small-business market for low-cost computers like the Amiga! On a SCSI interface. This was all bought, not because of CBM’s marketing, but in spite of it. Commodore’s idea of marketing has always been u J “We’ve got the best damn machine for the money, so we’ll just wait for people to come flocking to our door.” Well, guys, it ain’t gonna happen by itself. As a professional programmer analyst, I marvel at the capabilities of this machine that performs with less than one megabyte what OS2 and Windows can't do properly with eight! I gnash my teeth whenever I get yet another UAE in MS-Windows or wait 20 minutes for a FreeLance drawing to print from OS2, I throw up my hands in disgust as 1 read columns by people who make their living telling us how to make Windows OS2 run the wav they were z1 supposed to in the first place, and tell us in the same breath how user-friendly they are. Commodore did it right. It’s too bad so few people know this.
R. J. de Graff Win nipeg, A la n ifoba Texture in Context For the most part, I have found Amiga- World to be both informative and accurate. However, in the article “Art in an Instant” (July, p. 34), the assessment of one product was a bit off. Geoffrey Williams stated that Pro Textures’ . I Triages are useful, but look somewhat washed out.” I was confused by this state- inent until I realized that Mr. Williams claims not to be an artist, and therefore he may not have understood the proper use of these textures. In the first place, the images are not a collection of backgrounds, and if used as such, the - may indeed look “washed out” compared to a “background” package. But when used to map objects in a 3-D program, as intended, the textures add life to your renderings. They are rich in both color and depth, and show a great sense of imagination. There are few products on the market that I use as faithfully as Pro Textures. Rayvon Hartzog Sydney, Florida A500 Power Discovery I just made a momentous discovery. My Amiga 500, which I had always thought to be somewhat slow and limited... is not! All that it needed was a hard drive. What a difference that makes on your perception of how fast a computer is and whether it’s worth the money. Commodore will never succeed in selling an A500 without a hard drive against any machine that has one. But CBM could team up with Great Valley Products and make a killing. It would be an unbeatable price performance combination. Yes, Virginia, there is a home small-business market for low- cost computers like the Amiga! Mike Robinson Scottsdale, A rizona Is your directory utility dull, weak, and generally unpleasant? Do Somelhing About It! You start out with this... then you use this... Gadget nane Function Stack size _] Text colour Q Shortcut key Joutput uindou Joutput to file Jworkbench to front ? £? _5kk_
- SlffilL MM Mir.tl71T1» f(l»;iww UjlfiLiailiU* i_UiJi]JJflJ default configuration and you get this... _ S_ gadget config screen or maybe this... _Dirs : 688 882 Files : 883 8(8 Bytes : 6688199 617192?_ ALL NOHE PARENT 1 ROOT 1 BYTE DELETE I CLONE COPY RENAME | MOVE 1 EDIT RON ENCRYPT | PLAY SKOH READ 1 HEX READ 1 ADD ICON ASSIGN PRINT RRC LIST ARC HDD COMMENT IDATESTRMPI PROTECT HUNT SEARCH jRun asynchronously jRecursive dirs JCD source jReload each file JCD destination Jfluto iconify J Directory Opus to front Jdo all files jNo filename quote Hext bank | Sua? I Bank nenu I Okay I Cancel Priority Close delay B BG colour IS Gualifier B J & Executable POT faakedir lr- ' ' i«r HLEtyll airnii*'
di. I b - * ? * ft*naivSi( Ur KiiSifus Kii iVirus.doc KV KV.doc tCell tCetl.doc tCetl.info icheck.txt Vcheckl.2 Wcheckl.9 Ucheck19.doc VieuBoot VieuBoot.doc V i euBoot¦info
f. t«wri»K InOwjPf'Tlfwct i&vtlAC ilyn i i*a I
M. lnfo C*1.Info nu.i ,ib* arkdrap tiflwi w««;rs rdjr* unflock untlock. Put 'it*. Inf o Info o pop.Info ur> aihb*cj! I«*hb4ci »-nanGkl HusU. Ini q£.info I •»*», I try.Inf o 0 Info disk,info INOVfidir.tnfo Tracker.info rp&stufhvmu&toois 1 RENRKE I hHKEPtH xU XI -Ll . Ihpps: l a;»i si m -dJHiDHn
- -- 5f ' ‘ ¦' MPKEPIR I gpr .. CffllflEM I Froircr ¦ mill ¦ I BM. .1 r v;.~ :r~ ' ¦: •• I- 1Z_ S
- --- (LONE REHRflf HUN PI MY HUH 1 1 01 I 76742? SHMH l_f-LZISft* mt fio ! ?B t;35 Mil' 1 i S 1 MM ......if
r. i r IMHWI 16 _mntti.gp.p
- Rpr-'SZ Z:5?:54F 1 *7 1 E I C 1 f 1 0 One Man s OPUS ¦MTFTB REAP DISK INFO _ ¦']*« HEX READ I ICON iHEOjiSfiou C: 1?17984 F: 1257432 T:2975416 SEARCH ICOHIFY CPU: 78s 28-flpr-92 8:31:27fl I ?l El Ci II Q Another Man's OPUS But only if you have this: directory version 3.41 INOVAtronics Be More Productive. Circle 75 on Reader Service card INOVAtronics. Inc.* Suite 209B. 8499 Greenville Ave. Dallas. ~ . . . ... h a. J L .. r«-. - L>SA., Affftf "The extent to which OPUS is configurable is astounding. Everything, down to the action that OPUS will take when you double-ciick on a file, is configurable,..Five Stars (highest rating)”
- .info Magazine OPUS: it’s not just incredibly convenient, it’s you. NEWSFLASH: OPUS has just been named one of the "Top Ten Toaster Accessories!" By BreadBox, the Video Toaster magazine. Only $ 59.95. To order, call now! 1 -800-875-8499 VISA MC AmEx TX. USA 75231-2499-Phone 214-340-4991’FAX 214-340-8514 ? Ir.- ir-rlA •linn fill Pamic l,‘ C* Digital Mo Effects Real-time digital video effects on live video. From flip, spin 9 essential tools you need if you'pe using your AMIGA for video or graphics. And turn hie to high-end warping effects. 35ns Character Generator Scroll, crawl and key professional-quality titles over live video and stilt images or warp. Peel, and spin titles with digital effects. . Z4-hit Broadcast Paint Create 16 million color images with powerful tools for drawing. Tinting, blending. Colorizing and warping images. 4 input Production Switcher Perform cuts, fades and wipes between 4 video inputs and 3 internal sources. Now includes amazing new transitions such as fire, liquid and breaking glass. 3D Animation Light W ave 311 is a complete animation system that creates high-resolution 24-hit color images with incredible speed and quality. Dual Frame Buffers Hold two high-resolution 16 million color video frames in perfect broadcast quality. Luminance Key .1 tore than just simple weatherman over a map. Toaster keying does in mi nance fade transitions and even key- based digital trails. Color Processing Re-color live video or alter brightness and contrast. If feels include sepia-toning, color- negatii vs. day-for- night, chrome and more. Complete systems starting at 54595 Outside North America call £12-882-1562. Demo also available on S- VHS, Hi8 3 4", Mil, Betacam, 1". LaserDiSc and D2 at nominal cost. Nexl-day delivery available Price and specifications siibiect to change. Video Toaster Lightwave 3D and Tcas’erPaint are trademarks of Newtek. Inc © Newtek. Inc 1992 Still Store Frame Grabber breeze Jlau less broadcast resolution images instantly and recall them as sources for the switcher and digital video effects. Circle 37 on Reader Service card nriBEEaESE! BelimESEaET EilE73r«FlEHe
* n»HE3E3 pgg noEoncc fcdiz i av *" jjEJoneacE MK* Ml DijDntscnr FO rt IS"-! -f IE3E1 BIS linn M 1_1 .' .mu
* H§1 PJ5 >*imj CTO-13 TOASTER I'm 1 Quickly switch between rams by- pressing Ah,Ctrl,RA,LA.
* II may be placed at any location on the board, which makes it compatible with all hardware devices for the A500.
* Software is included for harddrivc users so Workbench 13 can easly be installed. 2
* At a cost of S32.00 makes it the least expensive rom switch on the market. TOC Research, inc. 111 Bertha. Fayetteville, AR 72709 501 >-444-0329